Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5E D&D by Roll20 Official Character Sheet v. 2.7

Edited 1548181230
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This morning we pushed out an update to the official 5e Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 character sheet which updated the version to 2.7. The changes were largely related to further supporting the Charactermancer . Please post comments, suggestions, and feedback for the character sheet in this thread. Known Issues (Updated Jan 15, 2019) Also see the  Known Issues  in the Charactermancer Level Up thread. The previous thread for version 2.6 is  here . Updates: Jan 16: The 2-column NPC sheet does not collapse; we're exploring ways to provide the best layouts possible for this view. Jan 22: The 2-column NPC sheet now collapses. 

Edited 1547584795
Sounds good. Glad to hear it. Were you able to look into the issue Ive asked about a couple of times before? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7110361/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7110361/</a> Which I think... was identified by a fellow player (Kyle G) and he focused the problem down to two lines of possibly dodgy code?&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6945486/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6945486/</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yep, and we have a ticket for it, it just hasn't made it to the top of the list yet.&nbsp;
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings godthedj, Two of us actually looked into this issue last quarter. The API script is triggering sheet workers which is having that unintended consequence. I had hoped it would be an easy fix but our impression is that it will be a bit more complicated. As Stephanie has said it is now a ticket in our backlog of bug fixes for the 5e sheet. I'm unable to provide an ETA on when it might be addressed. Sorry. :( - Cassie
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Will Volo's Guide races eventually be added to the Charactermancer, like Ravnica's?&nbsp;
That's great. It's really good to know that it's on the 'to-do list' and not ignored. Keep up the good work :)
Great work so far. Question: Can we expect to see sword coast adventurer's guide available for Charactermancer in the future?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I can't answer future licensing questions (such as SCAG) but we are now actively working on converting Volos and Mordenkainen's for use in the Charactermancer.&nbsp;

Edited 1547680434
Chris
Plus
Is there a trick to getting the update to work, because my NPCs are not resizing....
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the heads up, Chris. That was a change that was slated to go out, but didn't. I'll update the top level post.
I have a house rule that crits do max damage on the dice, then rolls the dice rather than doubling the dice rolled. Is there a simple way to implement the crit damage change mentioned here? Or will I need to change every PC and NPC sheet to make the modifed rolls?
Luke said: I have a house rule that crits do max damage on the dice, then rolls the dice rather than doubling the dice rolled. Is there a simple way to implement the crit damage change mentioned here? Or will I need to change every PC and NPC sheet to make the modifed rolls? This is currently only possible on PCs, and even then only within the individual attack entries. If your players use global damage modifiers, it is not currently possible to modify the critical damage for these entries. It is also not possible to to modify the critical damage of NPCs.
Will we be getting the old one column sheet back? I guess my question starts with, why did it change?&nbsp; Was it a new default that people had been asking for? Flowing when resizing the box would probably be the best solution IF we cant go back to the old one.
Kyle G. said: Luke said: I have a house rule that crits do max damage on the dice, then rolls the dice rather than doubling the dice rolled. Is there a simple way to implement the crit damage change mentioned here? Or will I need to change every PC and NPC sheet to make the modifed rolls? This is currently only possible on PCs, and even then only within the individual attack entries. If your players use global damage modifiers, it is not currently possible to modify the critical damage for these entries. It is also not possible to to modify the critical damage of NPCs. Speaking of global damage modifiers and crits, was there ever a fix found for this issue in which global damage modifiers with an integer value are doubling on crits? I'm using the following macro as a global damage modifier to query whether to add Rage damage and it currently applies twice on crits. ?{Rage|No, 0|Yes, 2}
Luke said: Speaking of global damage modifiers and crits, was there ever a fix found for this issue in which global damage modifiers with an integer value are doubling on crits? I'm using the following macro as a global damage modifier to query whether to add Rage damage and it currently applies twice on crits. ?{Rage|No, 0|Yes, 2} No. I would imagine this will not be fixed until Global Damage Modifiers have a specific crit damage field like normal attacks do. This is because the RegEx used to determine dice versus non-dice in the modifier is already quite complex. To then add in conditions that check for queries within modifier would be extremely impossible. (For someone who is only moderately familiar with RegEx, like me, this is an extremely difficult task.) My recommendation is to put the rage damage in it's own Global Damage Modifier, and then check/uncheck the modifier when the character enters/leaves a rage. This will keep the modifier to a single integer, without the need for a query, and will then calculate correctly on a critical hit.
Spell Fix please!&nbsp; &nbsp; "Cordon of Arrows"&nbsp; &nbsp; Casting time says:&nbsp; 5 feet.&nbsp; &nbsp;Should be changed to 1 Action.&nbsp;

Edited 1548128755
I have a minor request or idea for the Character sheet.&nbsp; &nbsp; in the attacks and spellcasting section.. would it be possible to have a hover over with your mouse situation where when you do hover over the name it'll display the full name in the pop up?
I have another suggestion pertaining to the spells that have Damage in the description.&nbsp; &nbsp; Some spells have the Damage output like "Fireball"&nbsp; and will be applied to the attacks and spellcasting section and will automatically roll the damage dice.&nbsp; however some spells like "Blade Barrier"&nbsp; for example.&nbsp; will be set as a spellcard and you'll have to roll extra dice from a separate, wherever.... WOULD IT, (hang with me here) be a good idea to just have it as Core for those spells that have the damage on the spells be added to the spells section automatically as an "attack" option? this way you dont have to go back and keep changing things and adding the damage into the damage field all the time if the spell is actually entered as a Spellcard.&nbsp; Just a thought.

Edited 1548150631
xTimmyx said: I have another suggestion pertaining to the spells that have Damage in the description.&nbsp; &nbsp; Some spells have the Damage output like "Fireball"&nbsp; and will be applied to the attacks and spellcasting section and will automatically roll the damage dice.&nbsp; however some spells like "Blade Barrier"&nbsp; for example.&nbsp; will be set as a spellcard and you'll have to roll extra dice from a separate, wherever.... WOULD IT, (hang with me here) be a good idea to just have it as Core for those spells that have the damage on the spells be added to the spells section automatically as an "attack" option? this way you dont have to go back and keep changing things and adding the damage into the damage field all the time if the spell is actually entered as a Spellcard.&nbsp; Just a thought. Hey Timmy, - I think I know what you're getting at here. I'm not sure how closely this aligns with your problems, but one thing I do with spells that cause damage, but not specifically 'attacks' in the traditional sense (The equivalent of making magical caltrops for the floor)... I end up making two spells... First would be called something like ' Caltrops - Generate ' the other is called ' Caltrops - Damage ' The first is a spell card, which gives all the details of the spell, and the second is specifically listed as an 'attack'. I use automated the automated 'spell slot tracking' API, so to avoid a spell slot being spent every time I click the damage roll, I can either: 1)Mark the spell as a 'Ritual' 2)Mark the spell as an 'innate ability'. Both options result in no spell slot being used up. Alternatively, you can always add inline rolls into the spellcard. Just pop double brackets around the damage dice number.... e.g 'The spinning blades cause [[3d6]] slashing damage'. It will then auto-roll for you each time you click the spell. This may be super obvious to you, and perhaps even a little patronising (especially given that you have more hours logged on roll20 than I do), but neither of these things I knew about when I started with roll20 myself, so may help someone out there....
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all! I've updated the top-level post as well, but wanted to drop a comment in here, too. The NPC sheet now collapses to a single column (the old style) when you resize the window narrower. It also expands to a 3-column layout if you resize the window to be wider.
Stephanie B. said: Hi, all! I've updated the top-level post as well, but wanted to drop a comment in here, too. The NPC sheet now collapses to a single column (the old style) when you resize the window narrower. It also expands to a 3-column layout if you resize the window to be wider. Thank you.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You're welcome. :)
godthedj said: xTimmyx said: I have another suggestion pertaining to the spells that have Damage in the description.&nbsp; &nbsp; Some spells have the Damage output like "Fireball"&nbsp; and will be applied to the attacks and spellcasting section and will automatically roll the damage dice.&nbsp; however some spells like "Blade Barrier"&nbsp; for example.&nbsp; will be set as a spellcard and you'll have to roll extra dice from a separate, wherever.... WOULD IT, (hang with me here) be a good idea to just have it as Core for those spells that have the damage on the spells be added to the spells section automatically as an "attack" option? this way you dont have to go back and keep changing things and adding the damage into the damage field all the time if the spell is actually entered as a Spellcard.&nbsp; Just a thought. Hey Timmy, - I think I know what you're getting at here. I'm not sure how closely this aligns with your problems, but one thing I do with spells that cause damage, but not specifically 'attacks' in the traditional sense (The equivalent of making magical caltrops for the floor)... I end up making two spells... First would be called something like ' Caltrops - Generate ' the other is called ' Caltrops - Damage ' The first is a spell card, which gives all the details of the spell, and the second is specifically listed as an 'attack'. I use automated the automated 'spell slot tracking' API, so to avoid a spell slot being spent every time I click the damage roll, I can either: 1)Mark the spell as a 'Ritual' 2)Mark the spell as an 'innate ability'. Both options result in no spell slot being used up. Alternatively, you can always add inline rolls into the spellcard. Just pop double brackets around the damage dice number.... e.g 'The spinning blades cause [[3d6]] slashing damage'. It will then auto-roll for you each time you click the spell. This may be super obvious to you, and perhaps even a little patronising (especially given that you have more hours logged on roll20 than I do), but neither of these things I knew about when I started with roll20 myself, so may help someone out there.... The double brackets is great idea for spells like Hex as well. I'm not sure what the RAW/RAI are for those: do you roll only&nbsp; once when the spell is cast to determine the damage caused forevermore when someone is damaged by it? Example: Hex is cast on an enemy, then each time they are hit they take the additional 1d6 damage (or whatever), is that value rolled each occurrence or only once (when cast)? My interpretation is on each instance the damage is incurred but I'd be interested to hear other opinions. If it's every time, then your idea of duplicating spells makes a lot of sense, and is something I've also done for players (I just created a generic damage entry not tied to a spell for players to use for Hunter's Mark and the like).
Evan said: The double brackets is great idea for spells like Hex as well. I'm not sure what the RAW/RAI are for those: do you roll only&nbsp; once when the spell is cast to determine the damage caused forevermore when someone is damaged by it? Example: Hex is cast on an enemy, then each time they are hit they take the additional 1d6 damage (or whatever), is that value rolled each occurrence or only once (when cast)? My interpretation is on each instance the damage is incurred but I'd be interested to hear other opinions. If it's every time, then your idea of duplicating spells makes a lot of sense, and is something I've also done for players (I just created a generic damage entry not tied to a spell for players to use for Hunter's Mark and the like). Yes, typically you re-roll the damage each time it occurs. So at 5th level, a warlock with eldritch blast add an extra 1d6 to each blast that hits the target. It's fun to roll dice, so why not roll them as much as possible. Though I guess this is up to each individual table to decide how they want to rule it.&nbsp;

Edited 1548628392
In my game we are having issues with dragging and dropping racial traits and Background traits on to the sheet. When trying to drag race and such on to the sheet it adds that to the sheet, but wont add any racial traits to the traits and features section of the sheet. Such as the Aasimar Radiant Soul feature.
Is there a way to set up an action/attack on the NPC sheet that doesn't make an attack roll and just rolls the damage dice?

Edited 1548676867
Zilarrezko said: Is there a way to set up an action/attack on the NPC sheet that doesn't make an attack roll and just rolls the damage dice? You could add it as an action, but add the damage dice as an inline roll. - See example, and resulting 'roll' below...

Edited 1548692578
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Huntress! As of right now, player options from Volo's and Mordenkainen's, such as races and backgrounds, are not fully compatible with drag-and-drop (it's why they aren't working with Charactermancer, too). We are actively working on getting those fully supported, and they should be available soon. Huntress said: In my game we are having issues with dragging and dropping racial traits and Background traits on to the sheet. When trying to drag race and such on to the sheet it adds that to the sheet, but wont add any racial traits to the traits and features section of the sheet. Such as the Aasimar Radiant Soul feature.

Edited 1549052041
Hi, is the offhand weapons damage bug ever going to get fixed? In nearly every game session, I have to rebuild (some or all of the) weapons that don't add a modifier to the damage (e. g., right hand shortsword damage of 1d6+ DEX , left hand shortsword damage of 1d6). In the next session, I usually have to do the rebuild again, because the offhand damages have reverted to 1d6+ DEX . IDK if this is related to the bugs caused by importing a character from the Vault. Thank you!
Helen P. said: IDK if this is related to the bugs caused by importing a character from the Vault. Seems likely. I believe Attacks from items are rebuilt when moving a character from the Character Vault into the campaign. I don't know of an item property to disable to the default damage modifier. So when the attack is built, it defaults to use the attribute in the damage for the attack.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Would renaming the attack to something not in the compendium change that behavior? I don't normally use the Roll20 sheet, so I'm just hazarding a guess.

Edited 1549073911
Dagger #2,&nbsp;Club #2, Scimitar #2, and Shortsword #2 aren't in the Compendium :-) The thing is: it's not just when I first Import a sheet from the Vault -- the offhand damage formulas keep changing, week after week, while using the same sheet.&nbsp; I'm not even sure if it's due to the Importing, since I sometimes build a sheet from scratch, but it seems likely. It also doesn't change all of the offhand formulas.
Is there a macro to adjust Exhaustion levels? Something like !longrest?
Ravenknight said: Is there a macro to adjust Exhaustion levels? Something like !longrest? You can use the API commands of ChatSetAttr to adjust the exhaustion.
Hello - having a minor problem and not sure if it might just be me screwing up or a minor bug. We've created a hill dwarf cleric using the charactermancer, and the character sheet doesn't appear to be including the hill dwarf's HP mod. It does appear in the options under HP Modifications, listed properly so far as I can tell, but doesn't appear to actually affect his max HP. He has the default 8, +2 for CON, which is 10, but with Hill Dwarf at level 1 he should actually then have 11, right? (It's entirely possible I'm just misreading that rule. O_O) The modifier is listed in the character sheet options as: Levels: Total Level Source: Hill Dwarf Mod: 1 However, his max HP remains 10. Not a big deal as I'm pretty sure I can just manually adjust it, but if I can get it working I'd prefer that. Thank you!
@Robert M. You are correct, the hill dwarf should have 11 hp at level 1 with a +2 Constitution modifier. I believe you are going to have to update this value manually however. While you can specify the HP modifiers through the Character Settings, I do not believe that this section has been implemented as of yet.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is in the Known Issues for Charactermancer. Additional hit points by level for races and classes are not yet implemented.&nbsp; Robert M. said: Hello - having a minor problem and not sure if it might just be me screwing up or a minor bug. We've created a hill dwarf cleric using the charactermancer, and the character sheet doesn't appear to be including the hill dwarf's HP mod. It does appear in the options under HP Modifications, listed properly so far as I can tell, but doesn't appear to actually affect his max HP.
Apologies - I missed that. :-( Thank you! Stephanie B. said: This is in the Known Issues for Charactermancer. Additional hit points by level for races and classes are not yet implemented.&nbsp; Robert M. said: Hello - having a minor problem and not sure if it might just be me screwing up or a minor bug. We've created a hill dwarf cleric using the charactermancer, and the character sheet doesn't appear to be including the hill dwarf's HP mod. It does appear in the options under HP Modifications, listed properly so far as I can tell, but doesn't appear to actually affect his max HP.
Hey guys, thanks for continuing to support the sheet and adding in requested features! I was wondering, is there any way you could make the text fields in the "traits" section of the npc character sheet automatically resize their height to fit their contents similar to how the player character sheet's "personality and ideals" sections do? I know its a bit different since the npc traits are directly editable and the ones on the PC sheet require you to click the gear to edit, but it would be a nice quality of life improvement for me and I'm not quite savvy enough with CSS yet to make the change myself.

Edited 1549397731
I dont know if it has been addressed but I am having issues with the Jack of all Trades feature. I have the box checked but it is not adding the prof modifier to the rolls.&nbsp; *****Resolved*****
Alex G. said: I dont know if it has been addressed but I am having issues with the Jack of all Trades feature. I have the box checked but it is not adding the prof modifier to the rolls.&nbsp; Which rolls? It only applies to rolls you're not already proficient with.

Edited 1549397746
Luke said: Alex G. said: I dont know if it has been addressed but I am having issues with the Jack of all Trades feature. I have the box checked but it is not adding the prof modifier to the rolls.&nbsp; *****Resolved***** Which rolls? It only applies to rolls you're not already proficient with. Yes I know it doesnt seem to be working with any of the rolls. As you can see with JOAT his none prof rolls should have a +1. But even when he rolls a 1 on 1d20 and a -1 Str mod it comes up at 0.&nbsp; &nbsp;it should be 1 (d20) + 1 (JOAT) + -1 (Str Mod) = 1.&nbsp; Even with the Arcana roll there was no JOAT increase.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Jack of all Trades feature adds only half the proficiency bonus, rounded down, so it should have no effect at first level. &nbsp;That bonus should be added to skills, tools, and initiative; unless proficiency or expertise is already in use there.

Edited 1549397757
Helen P. said: Jack of all Trades feature adds only half the proficiency bonus, rounded down, so it should have no effect at first level. &nbsp;That bonus should be added to skills, tools, and initiative; unless proficiency or expertise is already in use there. *****Resolved***** yes and as the picture shows the play has +3 prof bonus. he is not level 1, though even at level one Pro bonus is 2 and half of that would still give a +1 bonus. All I am saying is checking the JOAT check box is not automatically adding the modifier to the rolls. Expertise works fine, but the skills used dont have expertise or are marked as proficient skills as shown in the picture.&nbsp;
Alex G. said: Luke said: Alex G. said: I dont know if it has been addressed but I am having issues with the Jack of all Trades feature. I have the box checked but it is not adding the prof modifier to the rolls.&nbsp; Which rolls? It only applies to rolls you're not already proficient with. Yes I know it doesnt seem to be working with any of the rolls. As you can see with JOAT his none prof rolls should have a +1. But even when he rolls a 1 on 1d20 and a -1 Str mod it comes up at 0.&nbsp; &nbsp;it should be 1 (d20) + 1 (JOAT) + -1 (Str Mod) = 1.&nbsp; Even with the Arcana roll there was no JOAT increase.&nbsp; &nbsp; According to this picture, though, Jack of All Trades is &nbsp;working. Look at your Animal Handling skill. The character sheet shows a +1 bonus to Animal Handling even though your Wisdom modifier is 0. So there is an additional +1 coming from somewhere, namely Jack of All Trades. Even in your roll in the chat window, Jack of All Trades is being applied to your Arcana roll (the character has a -1 Intelligence mod, but the modifier to the roll is 0 [-1 Int mod +1 Jack of All Trades]). What did you roll for that second check in the Chat Window? Is it just a normal Strength or Intelligence check? If so, then yes, Jack of All Trades should &nbsp;apply, but this is a known error in the character sheet. Jack of All Trades is currently only implemented for skill checks and tool proficiencies, not base ability checks even though they should be.&nbsp;
From what I see there -- including a bit of an "E" showing at the end of what must be a long name -- that critical fail was an "INTELLIGENC E " saving throw which doesn't use JOAT bonus.
Kyle G. ,&nbsp; Helen P. &nbsp;youre right. My blind ass didnt see that. Thank you&nbsp;
Buy a mule with sound feet, strong teeth, and good eyes next time!&nbsp; ;-) Glad to help a fellow bard!
I am having a problem with my character sheet and if its been brought up before I cant find any reference to it.&nbsp; All the "Framing" on the character sheets is off...if there is a fix for this or if I am just not doing something right I would appreciate some help. Thanks