Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019-Q1Y2020)

Edited 1580836483
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings! This thread is for all things related to Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20. Thanks for all your feedback & bug reports. :) Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead Character Sheet Version 2.0 NPC sheet released In Development Non-player character Incremental deployments for Drag & Drop support Report Issue Sheet Issues Template Description of issue :  Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request We kept the initial sheet as trim and slim on features as we could. Our developers had a lot of good ideas but before we spent the time working towards these ideas we wanted to hear from you the users on what you wanted/needed. Let us know what other game rules the sheet could support better. If you think another post has a good idea reference that idea and give it a +1. We cannot guarantee every idea will be implemented but we will evaluate each of them. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Brief  Description : Try to keep this to a few paragraphs by describing a use case. We'll get more details later. References : Book (Core Rule Book...), page #s

Edited 1576628163
David
Sheet Author
What is the Target Modifier on the character sheet is that a skill modifier? If it is CoC 7e does not use modifiers like that. You either have bonus/penalty dice or you have to roll a certain level of success. How do the bonus and penalty dice work ? If I have 2 bonus dice do I hit the link in the roll template twice and then evaluate the result of the new tens digit roll manually? Weapons do not always have a single number for attacks Firearms for instance can have "1 (3)" ,"1/4","1 or 2".  Skills can go above 99.  If skill is 100+ the third digit wraps onto the next line when edit mode is turned off. How do you roll SAN and Luck? Luck can be selected but it does not change the die roller.  SAN cannot be selected. Roll templates only show success or failure this means Hard and Extreme successes have to be done manually Damage bonus only accepts percentile numbers  only no way of entering 1D4, 1D6 etc.
A few things that make me cautious in switching from the current 7th edition template to this one: 1) Every time I try to put in an additional skill past the first additional skill, the skill immediately deletes itself. 2) I'm noticing that the "roll" buttons dont seem to work for the weapons once entered - no clickability, nothing. And there's a giant "trashcan" symbol over most of them when you leave editing mode. Bad placement... 3) SAN and Luck rolls cannot be done. The buttons dont work and cannot be selected for the global roll button.  4) The Assets font is ENORMOUS and I cannot put a few words without it filling in the entire field, let alone a sentence. 5) The style of button placement (for bonus and penalty die) is much more intuitive in the current 7th edition sheet. All I have to do is click one button for regular rolls for EACH skill (or any weapon, characteristic or SAN/Luck), and another button for those skills with penalty or bonuses. With this sheet, I have to click the skill/weapon, then choose the penalty, then click the global roll button. This shouldn't be that time consuming. That said, the CSS and coloration for the roll template in chat is very nice.

Edited 1576628383
David said: What is the Target Modifier on the character sheet is that a skill modifier? If it is CoC 7e does not use modifiers like that. You either have bonus/penalty dice or you have to roll a certain level of success. How do the bonus and penalty dice work ? If I have 2 bonus dice do I hit the link in the roll template twice and then evaluate the result of the new tens digit roll manually? Weapons do not always have a single number for attacks Firearms for instance can have "1 (3)" ,"1/4","1 or 2".  Skills can go above 99.  If skill is 100+ the third digit wraps onto the next line when edit mode is turn off. How do you roll SAN and Luck? Luck can be selected but it does not change the die roller.  SAN cannot be selected. Roll templates only show success or failure this means Hard and Extreme successes have to be done manually Damage bonus only accepts percentile numbers  only no way of entering 1D4, 1D6 etc. All of this. Also I have to open Roll20 in Firefox for the CoC Sheet to display properly, rather than Chrome, but this might be a me  issue as I have an older version of both browsers. And I agree with Matt G. about the Dice Roller. 
Nick O.
Forum Champion
Will the character sheet support Pulp Cthulhu as well?
Orp
Sheet Author
Some harsh words. I'll try to not mention anything already said above. • I find the new rolling system wildly counter-intuitive and time wasting. What could be done with the click of a button now requires multiple actions. Combat specifically seems to suffer the most out of it, and even with profiency with the new UI, I can't see it working efficiently. This will massively slow down the game flow, especially if you counter in user-error. • The Edit Mode. Though mandatory for a UI set-up like this, it ,again, adds another layer of actions having to be taken, be that of the GM or Players. • No auto calculation of Movement Rate. • No Max Sanity affected by Cthulhu Mythos auto-calculation. • The Spells section. It just copies the information written in and posts it into chat. The Magic Cost and Casting time could be upgraded to auto rolling their contents, since calculating those would be another 6 clicks. • Possesions. There's too little space to record possesions or gear. In the case an item has a disrception, the player/GM has to manually select-scroll all of the text and try to read the contents. A resizeable field would instantly fix this, either entry based or universal. Also, each input field in this section is under different font-size, making it confusing.  • The Dying "tickbox" is missing. • Not a big fan of the background and font colouring. Personally it makes me dizzy and find it hard to focus on it. • It bears no resemblance to the physical sheet. None whatsoever. • I love the Roll template. But i wish it showed +/- Bonus Die information alot more compactly.
I'll keep it short, the sheet is ugly. 

Edited 1576706610
Sheet Issue Incorrect Magic Point Calculation . Description of issue : Magic Point Calculations. Magic Points in Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition is calculated from the Power Attribute, and is a one-fifth (1/5) of it. However, it appears on the sheet that it is instead calculated by one-tenth (1/10). Screenshots:  A 50 being divided by 10 instead of 5 to get 5 magic points. It should be 10 magic points instead.  

Edited 1576648830
Orp
Sheet Author
Sheet Issue Auto-Calculating Dodge from DEX Description of issue :  The base value of Dodge is correctly auto-calculated as half of Dexterity. However if Dexterity is altered, the base value of Dodge changes along with it, resulting in the changing of the final Dodge value. This might be a gray area in the Rules, because i can find no example that describes if the base value of Dodge is altered if DEX is altered, or if it remains static based on the starting DEX value when the character is created. 

Edited 1576648795
Orp
Sheet Author
Sheet Issue Auto-Calculating Build Description of issue :  There appears to be something wrong with the auto-calculating function of Build. Judging from the brackets provided in Table 1: Damage Bonus and Build , page 33 in the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Core Rulebook , it seems that the brackets of Build 1 and Build 2 have been merged into Build 1 , resulting in moving all the other Build brackets one place down. Build 2 is calculated as Build 3 , Build 3 as Build 4 , and so on. To elaborate, the calculation should be based on this: STR + SIZ         Build     ...                    ... 85 — 124            0 125 — 164          1 165 — 204          2 205 — 284          3    ...                     ...  But it is currently being applied likes this: STR + SIZ           Build     ...                         ... 85  — 124               0 125 —  204              1 205 — 284             2    ...                           ... Screenshots: Example:   STR + SIZ value is 180. According to Table 1(see above) brackets, the value of Build should be "2", but it will remain "1" up until STR+SIZ reaches a sum of 205. It will then change to "2", but it should be "3" at this point.

Edited 1576676158
Sheet Issue Description of issue : The Additional Skills seems to be broken. Every time that I try to create additional skill no only it doesn't show at all after butting off the edit mode. And when it does show up correctly after reloading the page, it refuses to let it self to be rolled in the dice roller.   Also all the other new skills I try to add disappears as soon as click something else, like trying to put skill value to said skill.    

Edited 1576648711
Orp
Sheet Author
Sheet Issue   Skills not queing up in the Dice Roller Description of issue :  The following skills are not applying themselves in the Dice Roller: • Drive Auto • First Aid • Spot Hidden

Edited 1576653848
Orp
Sheet Author
Feature Request Updating Request & Issue Templates Brief  Description : It would be helpfull if the Issue and Request Templates got reworked a bit to reflect the current game they are currently affiliated with. For example, there are no Classes in CoC, making that distinction of Sheet Issues irrelevant.
Orp
Sheet Author
Feature Request Combat Rolls Displaying Weapon Name Brief  Description : As is now, the Combat Roll Templates in the chat are not displaying the name of the Weapon used. It seems wierd that this is the only information not tied to the Roll Template. Having it in there would be a major help both for GMs and Players.
Orp
Sheet Author
Feature Request Auto-Calculating and Applying Bonus Damage Brief  Description : Since Build is already Auto-Calculated, it'd be great if the Damage Bonus could be tied to it and also gain auto-calculating properties along the core Rules' guidelines (though it would first have to be corrected to accept non-numeric values). It would also be a huge quality of life upgrade to have it be rolled automatically when a melee weapon/unarmed/bow/throw attack is used, and factored into the Damage roll.
Orp
Sheet Author
Sheet Issue / Feature Request   Combat Rolls Missing Bonus/Penalty Dice Description of issue : Combat roll templates are missing their Bonus/Penalty dice buttons, present in other skill rolls. Those dice are applied, more often than not, during CoC combat. Not having them readilly available will most times slow the game down during one of its tense phases. On a kinda similar subject, levels of succes (hard etc.) play a significant role in CoC. For example, a Spot Hidden roll of an Extreme Success, will reveal more to the player than a Normal Success. Levels of succes matter more into Combat, as they clarify which person hits and wich doesnt and at what degree. It boggles the GM down to have to constantly check and manually calculate the 1/2 & 1/5 values of a skill. It takes time and energy that could very likely be used for role-play. It'd be much more user-friendly if the variable level of success of each roll would be displayed, at the same place "Success/Failure" is displayed on the Roll Template.
I've been playing in the same CoC game for coming up on four years. This sheet is unusable. The multiple single dice button. the multiple actions for what should be a single roll. This is really in the "start from a blank sheet of paper" category.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings, We rolled out a series of hotfixes for the major issues today. Thanks David for your initial useful feedback. adjust weapon attacks to accept text inputs resolving issue with damage modifier not accepting non-numerical values resolving issue with three digit numbers breaking to second line in skill display resolved issue where sanity and luck were not rolling resolving issue with additional skills not being correctly retained resolving issue with magic points being incorrectly calculated added compendium short name to sheet.json resolving an issue with build incorrectly calculating resolving issues where 'drive auto', 'first aid' and 'spot hidden' would not load in roller Added weapon name to roll template adding bonus/penalty dice to weapon rolls correcting typo resolving issue with repcontrol z-index and min-height implementing fix for additional skills not rolling correctly. implementing fix for parenthesis in character name breaking rolls resolving issue with damage bonus not calculating resolving issue with build incorrectly listing value as null adjusting rate of damage bonus increase We'll be reviewing other suggestions for sheet updates. If you happen to find some one else's suggestion a good idea give it a +1 to help us determine priority & user interest. For this character sheet we made some compromise with the sheet's functionality to allow it to be more accessible with touch screens, audio navigation, and flexibility to support additional variations of the rules. We'll be looking to continue to increase the sheet's capabilities as we play with the sheet going forward. - Cassie Levet User Collaboration Team Lead
Daniel S.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
A few possible enhancements.... It seems critical failures are detected but not critical successes? The bonus/penalty dice seem a bit awkward - I'm guessing it's just a simple d10 that players can use to substitute the tens digit? It would be preferable to incorporate bonus/penalty dice into the initial roll.
Feature Request Tokens and filled out sheets for the mythos monsters.  There seem to be base stats and artwork for the mythos monsters, but the sheets are blank and they are not draggable onto the table.    
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Cassie said: [...] For this character sheet we made some compromise with the sheet's functionality to allow it to be more accessible with touch screens , audio navigation, [...] Is this something that is linked with the recently mentioned Mobile App 2020 Q1 launch? If you have started optimize character sheet's for mobile/touch screen in anticipation of general improvement of Roll20 touch support, will you be sharing some of your internal guidelines for sheet design to the community? It would be useful to learn in advance if there are things we can do now to make sheet's better.
Erett K.
Pro
Translator
Is this sheet going to support translation via i18n & JSON file like existing sheet of Call of Cthulhu 7th ed? I really want to play with this sheet translated as Korean. If translation is going to be supported, I wish the skill table in the sheet will be made of <div> tags rather than <table> tags, as <table> tags do not seem to support list ordering feature in i18n. 
David
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: Cassie said: [...] For this character sheet we made some compromise with the sheet's functionality to allow it to be more accessible with touch screens , audio navigation, [...] Is this something that is linked with the recently mentioned Mobile App 2020 Q1 launch? If you have started optimize character sheet's for mobile/touch screen in anticipation of general improvement of Roll20 touch support, will you be sharing some of your internal guidelines for sheet design to the community? It would be useful to learn in advance if there are things we can do now to make sheet's better . The simplification makes thinks better for touch screens but at the  cost of making thinks a lot more difficult for traditional users.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
David said: The simplification makes thinks better for touch screens but at the  cost of making thinks a lot more difficult for traditional users. Yes, I'm aware of that, but seeing those notes would still be great. If Roll20 would implement media-queries for CSS you could make layout stuff that responds directly to screen size.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ert, Translations will be supported and nothing on this sheet is done in <table>. Expect translations to be available on Crowdin on 7th January. - Cassie

Edited 1577982880
Feature Request Template One-liner  Title :  Optional Hit Location Rules Brief  Description :  To add and be able to enable the Optional Hit Location rules. It is a optional rule that separate armor into 7 different body locations. The location that is hit by a attack is determined by a d20.  Die Roll Location 1 - 3 Right leg 4 - 6 Left arm 7 - 10 Abdomen 11 - 15 Chest 16 - 17 Right arm 18 - 19 Left arm 20 Head References :  Call of Cthulhu - 7th Edition Keeper Rulebook Page 126 for the rules, Page 127 for a table. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Campaign Notes Brief  Description :  Add a large paragraph tab to take down campaign/player notes. Suggestion for it to be placed in the Backstory tab, as it shares a similar but narrower function to it as well. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Talents (From Pulp Cthulhu) Option Rule Brief  Description : To add and be able to enable the ability to create small tabs to note down talents (a paragraph to describe the ability). It would be best to place it in the Spells tab, as it has the same function (noting down text). References : Call of Cthulhu: Pulp Cthulhu - Two-Fisted Action & Adventure Against The Mythos Page 24 -26 for the talents. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Being able to modify HP, MP, and LUCK (for  Pulp Cthulhu  rules) without having to enter Edit Mode. Brief  Description :  Allow for the user to be able to modify the current value of HP, MP, Sanity, Ammo, and alter the LUCK attribute while not in Edit mode.  This would make ease of use for combat much faster, as players won't have to switch to altering their HP, MP, Sanity, and LUCK then having switch back to be able to roll their skills.

Edited 1578951021
Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Show type of success after a roll instead of determining difficulty before you roll. Brief  Description : There are scenarios where different things happen depending on type of success. If you get a regular success one thing happens, if you get a hard then something additional happens, etc. There is no need to have to set difficulty if you just state what type of success you get on a roll in the chat much like the unofficial sheet does. If you get a hard success then it is obvious you also have a regular success. As it stands, you have to do the math yourself if you come across a situation like this. "I was told there would be no math..". I'd like to see the difficulty dropdown removed and just show what type of success you got in the chat window.
Sheet Issues Template Description of issue :  Firearms Handgun and Firearms Shotgun/Rifle show a base stat of 0 when it should be 20 and 25 respectively Screenshots:
Hello, the compendium need a lot of Qol  improvement : -No token for monster (what ???) -no drag and drop -no character creation tools etc. This is barely an interactive PDF version od the paper version. 
I want my NPC - sheet.
How can i make macro from this sheet??? It's nearly impossible to make easy token macro :/
Ravenknight said: I want my NPC - sheet. Woot, I got it! Can I wish for a new color too? This sheet kinda hurt my eyes.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've been talking about that a bit and have it on the todo list to work on a few quality of life improvements over next few weeks. Possibly adjusting the colors/scheme to be easier on the eyes for long periods of time.
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the sheet -- works great! Is there a setting to toggle off character names being displayed on rolls? I like to make my rolls publicly, but I'd like avoid broadcasting the monster/npc name to my players.
Any plan from Chaosium to bring Masks of nyarlathotep on Roll20 ?
Hi, I really love this version of CoC 7e, it's much simple that the original. I would like this character sheet in French (cause I'm). So, I wanted to create a custom character sheet based on the Github&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a> &nbsp;but I didn't find this sheet (I think it's because it's new ?). Is there a way for me to translate the sheet ? (and why not sharing with other french users ?).&nbsp; Thank you :)&nbsp;&nbsp;
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gouverneur, Send me a private message with your email and I will get you an invitation to Crowdin. It's the software we use to translate character sheets. At the moment this sheet is available in English &amp; Spanish, I think. You can help with the French translation. :) - Cassie

Edited 1581964146
Erett K.
Pro
Translator
Sheet Issues Template Description of issue :&nbsp; Wrong tooltips. In General sheet: Weapons "Spell casting time input" for Range In NPC sheet: Roll options "Regular rolls checkbox" for HARD "Hard rolls checkbox" for EXTREME. Sheet Setting "Edit mode toggle" for NPC Toggle Screenshots: I forgot to make mouse cursor visible, but you can see the tooltip anyway.
Erett K.
Pro
Translator
Sheet Issues Template Description of issue :&nbsp; Same data-i18n value "Attacks" for different usage. data-i18n value "Attacks' is given to two different part of the sheet, which may cause confusion for translated sheet. It is applied as the label of attacks per round column in WEAPONS of the normal sheet. It is also applied as the title of Attacks which NPC can perform in the NPC sheet. (COMBAT&gt;ATTACKS) Screenshots:
Erett K.
Pro
Translator
Sheet Issues Template Description of issue :&nbsp; I am not sure if this is a sheet issue or feature request but anyway, in the translated sheet "Rolling" and "Type" part of dice roller is not translated. As skill names are translated in the "Skills" section, I think dice roller should copy the translated name but it doesn't. Screenshots: This screenshot is from the Korean version of the sheet. I selected accounting skill (which is translated as "회계"), and dice roller shows the English name of the skill instead of the Korean.
Hi! I was preparing my first game with roll20 and I saw that the character sheets have been changed, I guess because v2.2 is a new version. The question is that now some skills are not correctly translated into Spanish when before they were and now they are in red in English. Another thing is that I don't know what the verbose function is for.&nbsp;&nbsp; And finally I wanted to ask how they do the bonus or penalty rolls in the 7th edition in the roll, before I saw that there was a button for it, but now I don't see anything. Thanks

Edited 1584573471
Hi! I run a game on this sheet and a bonus dice vanished after 2.2 version. Where can I found them now?
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Description of issue : I too am unable to find bonus and penalty dice. They were previously built into the roll template. Screenshots: Before recent update . After recent update .

Edited 1584899836
The lack of support for bonus and penalty dice is a serious flaw in the current implementation of 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu. The attempts at organization are also just kind of odd, where sometimes it follows the format of the normal 7th edition sheet for skill placement and sometimes it doesn't. The unremovable additional combat skills are also odd. They don't really even replace or seem to represent the blank spots on a normal Call of Cthulhu sheet. I agree with others in that I can't seem to find the bonus/penalty dice. It's.. serviceable right now for running the intro scenarios and the starter kit, but especially without something like an option for automatic cash or asset calculation (It's bizarre that there's item slots for assets, and a money slot for cash but no money slot for assets that sits above all of your asset items. I also can't imagine anyone using this for Delta Green, Cthulhu Invictus or many of the other BRP or adjacent systems/setting.&nbsp; The spells slots are more useful than what's on the basic paper sheet but... even that feels odd to get such a huge addition of an entire tab of the sheet to spells when other areas that players are far more likely to come in contact with are occasionally gimped. Players are likely to only find (especially in the scenarios provided, where iirc they are only going to learn a single spell, Summon shambler) maybe one or two spells max.
Tony R. said: Description of issue : I too am unable to find bonus and penalty dice. They were previously built into the roll template. Screenshots: Before recent update . After recent update . Same
Nick O. said: Will the character sheet support Pulp Cthulhu as well? Second the Pulp Option.&nbsp; I have refrained from using the Roll20 sheet because it does not support pulp like the user made sheet.&nbsp; Also the bonus/penalty dice being broken is a deal breaker as well.&nbsp; This is a CORE mechanic of CoC 7e.&nbsp; To have a sheet that does not implement it is unsat.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Any news on when the issue with bonus and penalty dice will be fixed.&nbsp; I was hoping to run a game this weekend but will need to revert to a separate dice roller if these are not available.
I've just buy the keeper rule book compendium It don't work with the recommended character sheet (roll 20); all the monster sheet are blank ... The dice&nbsp; bonus and penalty dice disepear. Guillaume

Edited 1585844258
Cassie &nbsp;said: Gouverneur, Send me a private message with your email and I will get you an invitation to Crowdin. It's the software we use to translate character sheets. At the moment this sheet is available in English &amp; Spanish, I think. You can help with the French translation. :) - Cassie Hi, i love the look of this sheet, but i would like to have it in Polish. This sheet is not in github, i cannot do the translation by myself. Any chance i can help with that?&nbsp; I sent you also PM with my email.
If you set an Additional Skill (say, 'Play bagpipes') and then leave Edit mode and make a roll: the skill name just appears as 'Additional Skill 1' as if you never set it.
Hey, i wanted to create a character sheet from this one but i don't see it on github. is it possible to get it ? Thanks Guys