Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019-Q1Y2020)

Its been an absolute mess of a sheet since day one. 
First of all, I would like to report that the sample skills (Firearms Skill 1, Fighting Skill 2, Additional Skill 3 and so on) are still broken, while it is possible to change the name for them in the character sheet, when rolled they will always display as the default generic name. Secondly a request, it would be nice if there was an option to not display the name of the character/monster in the box when rolling, I tend to roll openly for most things, and the current configuration means the players will simply be able to read what a monster is called unless I deliberately obscure it by changing its name, which just ends up confusing myself if I have a lot of character sheets. Honestly, it would be quite neat if it was possibly to have a "Display name" that can be toggled to be used instead of the actual name when rolling, so I can name the sheet "Star Spawn" but when rolling my players see "Dragon like monster" or something.
While I'm asking for things, any plans on getting a official Dark Ages sheet on Roll20?
It's a nice sheet overall, but when my group tried to use it for the first time, yesterday, it totally dumbfounded us when using 3d dice - it seems to always roll 4 dice no matter what. This is understandable but really, if all the options, global and per character, instruct the sheet to not use bonus dice to all, it should... not use any die other than a plain d100 if so requested. I am half-inclined to use the default, blander, CoC sheet because I find this dice issue frustrating.
David
Sheet Author
Sovjohn said: It's a nice sheet overall, but when my group tried to use it for the first time, yesterday, it totally dumbfounded us when using 3d dice - it seems to always roll 4 dice no matter what. This is understandable but really, if all the options, global and per character, instruct the sheet to not use bonus dice to all, it should... not use any die other than a plain d100 if so requested. I am half-inclined to use the default, blander, CoC sheet because I find this dice issue frustrating. All possible dice have to be rolled at once this can be hidden with text but not with 3D dice. Custom sheet creators have zero control over 3D dice and as far as I am aware 3D have  not been updated in years. 

Edited 1614955233
Experienced several problems with charactermancer. If you put points into the dodge skill, it'll get reverted into half dex once you're finished creating the character (likely because dodge is the only skill that gets automatically updated based on its current value). The skill Own Language is set at Half EDU when it should be full EDU (but it seems like the score doesn't get reverted if you put skill points into it unlike dodge). All increases and decreases related to Age are reverted once you finish creating the character. Here's an example: We start up charactermancer: and once we're done... It seems like he found the fountain of youth but lost all the skills he gained dodging bullets during the wars. But his language skills, as below average as they are remain unchanged.
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi UrBurce, This is a great bug report, I've added a ticket to resolve these issues. Thanks! Nic
Feature: Improvements to Sanity Currently the Character sheet doesn't default the maximum SAN to 99, doesn't subtract Cthulhu Mythos from that number. Also there should be a SAN loss mechanism that highlights the triggers for insanity which are key day to day use improvements that would make the sheet so much more useful. Chapter 8 CoC 7th Ed Page 155 Max Sanity = 99 - Cthulhu Mythos - absolute rule in CoC I don't understand why this is missing. Chapter 8 CoC 7th Ed Page 155-6 Temporary Insanity -5 sanity loss, Indefinite Insanity caused by Sanity Loss => Current Sanity/5 - again fundamental game rules. Apologies if this has been raised before.
If i try to add a spell, even if i put only the name i can't use this because give me syntax error , any tip?
I was checking character sheet on Lightless Beacon module (which I played around 4-5 times) and the skill roll for Artist and Marine Biologist always only roll the result without comparing to the skill number. Which part of the character sheet I should change to make the roll compare with the skill? Verbose doesn't work too, only showing the result of dice roll where it should show the regular, hard, and extreme number too.
Looks like Extreme Damage is broken (at least for NPCs?). On an extreme success, the normal damage is shown and then an extreme damage box is rendered but there is no value inside. If I'm not mistaken, it should be calculating max damage + DB + extra damage roll.

Edited 1619578841
Hello, the sheet has fields for custom skills that can be renamed.  While the renaming is still working within the sheet itself, these custom skill names do not transfer over to the chat box when they are rolled. The name replacement works properly with languages, piloting skills, art/craft, and survival, such as the below Pilot (Aircraft) roll: The ones that are broken and not displaying properly are additional skills, fighting skills, and firearm skills:
Having a small issue lately where some rolls will show the target number & the success/failure while others do not. It seems to be completely random, as a skill the player has rolled before and had the success text and target number appear will suddenly no longer have it? But when I tested it out again, it seemed that it would be every other skill which would fail to show the target number. First example is from my game- both players rolled Brawl, only one was able to see success or not. Second example is from test rolls. Every other skill alphabetically seemed to have the issue.
I am having the same issue as Jillian above. I have been able to fix it by turning on edit mode, going into the skill values, deleting the present value, and then typing it in again and exiting edit mode. The skill then rolls and shows normally. Please tell me I don't have to do this for all the NPC's I put into my game for our upcoming Horror on the Orient Express campaign, I'll cry.

Edited 1620874042
Did some more digging for the above problem and found that if you click on an existing character in the journal to open it, then click on the "Attributes and Abilities" tab, there are no listings for rolls like "appraisal" and "appraisal_role". It's not just that the values are blank, there is not an entry for them at all until I go into the character sheet and modify the values, exit exit mode, and attempt a role. THEN I can see the headings and their values pop up in the "Attributes and Abilities" tab and they roll correctly. For example : Prior to editing there was no item under the "Attributes and Abilities" tab for accounting or accounting_roll After Editing I see the following: accounting              5 accounting_roll       {{roll=[[1d100cs<1cf>96]]}}{{roll_type=[[1]]}}{{roll_target=[[floor(5/@{dice_toggle}}}{{roll_half=[[floor(5/2)]]}}{{roll_fifth=[[floor(5/5)]]}}{{roll_fifth_1=[[floor(5/5)+1]]}} I hope that this has been of some help.
Hey folks, In a very overdue move, we're closing this thread (from Q12020) and have created a new thread here. I will update that thread later today with some responses to recent posts from this one.