Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Edited 1583253859
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Pathfinder enthusiast! Time for a new forum posts. All things related to Pathfinder Second Edition can be posted here. The  Q4Y2019 post is here .  Thanks for all your feedback & help, :) Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead Character Sheet Version 3.07 Bug Ugly red box outlines strikes after update NPC drop error in spells uses/uses_max (per day usage) Worn Item list Invest not displaying Innate spell attack is missing the ABI modifier Version 3.06 Bug Improve clickability of Languages, Senses, Resistances & Conditions Free Actions and Reactions no longer show 0s GM Whisper needs to move back to the top of npc sheet some dropped NPCs stuck on building Proficiency dropdown list cut off for some browsers Version 3.06 Bug Improve clickability of Languages, Senses, Resistances & Conditions Free Actions and Reactions no longer show 0s GM Whisper needs to move back to the top of npc sheet some dropped NPCs stuck on building Proficiency dropdown list cut off for some browsers Task Notes / Descriptions in Roll Templates are inconsistent Feature Request Shield HP Editable Saving Throws missing titles Update NPC Actions to mimic Bestiary Initiative Modifier Input Move Action sections at the bottom Details into Feats Proficiency at-a-glance Version 3.051 Bug Fixes in game "Apply setting" button doesn't change the critical roll options on characters In Development Additional screen readers support Incremental deployments for Drag & Drop options (Weapons, Items, Ancestries...) Charactermancer Neutral color scheme Alchemist support Proficiency at-a-glance  Note (7 January 2020): There is a whole lot of quality of life improvements coming in next few weeks. If your suggestion from the Q4 post isn't listed give me a few weeks to get these updates out. Report Issue Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Description of issue :  Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request We kept the initial sheet as trim and slim on features as we could. Our developers had a lot of good ideas but before we spent the time working towards these ideas we wanted to hear from you the users on what you wanted/needed. Let us know what class speciality or other game rules the sheet could support better. If you think another post has a good idea reference that idea and give it a +1. We cannot guarantee every idea will be implemented but we will evaluate each of them. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Brief  Description : Try to keep this to a few paragraphs by describing a use case. We'll get more details later. References : Book (Core Rule Book, Bestiary...), page #s
Class(es) /  Subclass : Champion Description of issue :  When you Drag-and-Drop the "Lay on Hands" spell into the Champion's spell list and then press it, it sends a syntax error instead. Upon investigating it, in the "damage" part of the spell, instead of a 1d6 for the harm-to-undead part of the spell, it has the entire spell's description instead. Screenshots:

Edited 1578456649
Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Every single selection box for the proficiency ranks cuts off the lower third of the word. This goes everywhere, from weapons, armor, saving throws, skills, etc. Screenshots: EDIT: This is also cutting off halfway.
Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Ugly red box outlines around each strike on the main tab, if your strike section has more than 1 strike and you edit the strike even once. It never goes away, not unless you delete all the other strikes. Screenshots:
Is there an attribute that can be used to show the full text of an attack? Like how repeating_melee-strikes_$0_weapon would print the word 'Fangs' for the following attack block, is there a way to print everything from 'Fangs' to 'electricity' with a single attribute call?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seph said: Is there an attribute that can be used to show the full text of an attack? Like how repeating_melee-strikes_$0_weapon would print the word 'Fangs' for the following attack block, is there a way to print everything from 'Fangs' to 'electricity' with a single attribute call? Hi Seph. There is no full text for an attack. This line is built with these attributes : weapon, weapon_strike, weapon_traits, weapon_strike_damage, weapon_strike_damage_type, weapon_strike_damage, weapon_strike_damage_additional and weapon_notes.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ezekieru said: Class(es) /  Subclass : Champion Description of issue :  When you Drag-and-Drop the "Lay on Hands" spell into the Champion's spell list and then press it, it sends a syntax error instead. Upon investigating it, in the "damage" part of the spell, instead of a 1d6 for the harm-to-undead part of the spell, it has the entire spell's description instead. Thanks for the report Ezekieru. This is due to bad data in the compendium and will be fixed.
Natha said: Hi Seph. There is no full text for an attack. This line is built with these attributes : weapon, weapon_strike, weapon_traits, weapon_strike_damage, weapon_strike_damage_type, weapon_strike_damage, weapon_strike_damage_additional and weapon_notes. Thank you for explaining! I was hoping there was a single attribute for it, like the 1e sheet's repeating_npcatk-melee_$0_atkdisplay, but this will do
Feature Request: Remove scroll bars from chat templates (or at least make them larger) Brief  Description : Play the game with some spellcasters, it's too tough to read those tiny scrollboxes. References : I used the github code, but somehow that looks like it's the old sheet.. Anyways, on line 3224 of the css, I put max-height: fit-content, and it seemed to work.
+1 to larger threshold before scrollbar is added!
+1 to remove scroll bars. It's a complete pain in the butt, at the moment.
Please KEEP the scroll bars. It works for my 24 players, and I just fine!! :) Tom
Add a toggle?
Really scroll bars are so painful for my wizard at the moment. Have you seen the spell descriptions? They can be pretty large! Please either disable them or make a toggle - currently it is just playing against our comfort.
Feature Request : Shield HP Brief  Description : Can edit shild's HP without open shield description Feature Request : Upgrade armor gestion Brief Description :  Add armor ranking withweapon raking, and add a scroll choice for choose the armor wered who auto calculation of his rank. Sorry for my bad english <> Il faudrait ajouter les ports d'armure avec les armes, et faire un menu déroulant dans la description de l'armure portée qui compte automatiquement son rang en fonction de son type. 
Feature Request :  Auto armor penality Brief  Description : Add automaticly penality armor on skill
Vindikaell said: Feature Request : Shield HP Brief  Description : Can edit shild's HP without open shield description I get what you're asking but why not just use one of the other health bars on the tokens? In my games, green bar is for character HP, red is for shield HP, and blue if used for temp HP when needed. 
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Big update going out today! All of our work over the holiday time has made it through QA. Keep us posted for any issues. Version 3.06 Bug Improve clickability of Languages, Senses, Resistances & Conditions Free Actions and Reactions no longer show 0s GM Whisper needs to move back to the top of npc sheet some dropped NPCs stuck on building Proficiency dropdown list cut off for some browsers Task Notes / Descriptions in Roll Templates are inconsistent Feature Request Shield HP Editable Saving Throws missing titles Update NPC Actions to mimic Bestiary Initiative Modifier Input Move Action sections at the bottom Details into Feats Proficiency at-a-glance
Just checking, but were all the "Feature Request" marked there added in the update? Because I'm not seeing the "Proficiency at-a-glance" or the "Update NPC Actions to mimic Bestiary" ones, yet I see the rest of them.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ezekieru said: Just checking, but were all the "Feature Request" marked there added in the update? Because I'm not seeing the "Proficiency at-a-glance" or the "Update NPC Actions to mimic Bestiary" ones, yet I see the rest of them. Hi Ezekieru.  Regarding Proficiency, PC characters should show a T,E,M or L before the proficiency value on the sheet, where applicable. If it's not, please let us know. For example: Regarding NPC Actions, the way Automatic and Reactive abilities are displayed should be closer (but not perfeclty similar, for technical reasons) to the way they are displayed in the books: Feedback welcome :)
Can we get TEML next to our save Numbers as well?

Edited 1579675559
+1 to proficiency shown by each Saving Throw as well Thanks for the awesome update! Lots of great improvements =D Some feedback: Sheet Issue 1 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  There is a column in the Worn Items list for the Invest value of each item, but entering a value in an item's settings doesn't show any value outside of the settings. Sheet Issue 2 Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  The text for most drop-down descriptions in the sheet is black, making it easy to read against the light grey background; for the Actions and Activities, and Free Actions and Reactions, this text is white, which is more difficult to read with the light background. Feature Request One-liner  Title : Remove 'DESCRIPTION:' and 'NOTES:' from the roll template Brief  Description : The expanded threshold for the description sections is much appreciated, but now templates have 'DESCRIPTION:' (spells) or 'NOTES:' (attacks) at the beginning of the description section that they didn't have before. It takes up space that could go to the actual description. I realize that this was done because they were lacking them before where all other templates had them, but the opposite would have been preferred: removing that text altogether. I use my own bolded titles in a lot of my description sections, and in my chat menus. The 'DESCRIPTION:' / 'NOTES:' just looks awkward and makes it so I have to add an extra line break at the beginning of many of my item descriptions. Current Display Examples: Action Spell Attack Item Chat Menu (from an API script that uses &{template:rolls}) Preferred Display Example:

Edited 1579702245
Natha, Cassie, Thank you for the improvements. It means a lot for our group. May I ask if we can expect the NPC ability EFFECT being indicated in the description? Right now it is very confusing Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : NPC ability EFFECT  highlight Brief  Description :  Indicate the start of the ability description by the words EFFECT or DESCRIPTION. Right now you can't see when the trigger ends and the description/effect starts. Even in the example Natha provided below.  Also this is already presented in the NPC ability format in Paizo books. Reference below. References : Pathfinder 2e Bestiary Natha said: Regarding NPC Actions, the way Automatic and Reactive abilities are displayed should be closer (but not perfeclty similar, for technical reasons) to the way they are displayed in the books: Feedback welcome :)

Edited 1579732124
I'm wondering why all of the actions are buried in the feats section, while also formatted like the feats, and separated into two lists? Like, considering the actions you gain from your class, feats and race may end up being used every turn. Like saves, health, and attacks (which actions & activities often include), actions belong on the first page, so that tab flipping is kept to a minimum. Additionally, reactions & free actions should be merged into the actions list, for consistency's sake. No need to divvie them up, when they all use almost identical language. They could be differentiated without expanding them by having their action icon in front of the name. The current UI for the actions input is also pretty janky. There's not a field to put requirements, even though that is a common component of actions language. Additionally, the way of an action's cost is identified is a little wacky. Reactions and free actions get radio buttons, which is fine, but weirdly differentiated; regular actions just have a text box, that's then outputted as action type? When that's almost not even a concept in 2e? To ruminate on it for a minute, I can't imagine why it's even an editable field, when really there are only 5 options, ever. Free Action Reaction 1 Action 2 Actions 3 Actions And then you could combine both their purposes in a single box type. In fact... Feature Request Actions Feature Flow Brief  Description : The Actions and Reactions & Free Actions sections should be combined into a single area, which can be done by switching out the radio buttons and the textbox with a single drop down menu that labels it as the type/number of actions. This could then be moved to the character tab, where it would be most useful, considering a lot of these actions could be used every turn. I would slot it in between Perception and Language proficiency boxes, opposite to attacks. I realize I kinda ripped into your work up there, and I'd like to say I mean nothing rude. Just trying to give good constructive feed back, and currently the implementation of Actions is possibly the most messy of a major system in this sheet right now. I do like a lot of what the sheet does, and am excited to see how it may evolve! 
Don't get me wrong, I love having Proficiency listed in the skill table (would love if it also allowed to show it on the rolls as sometimes that's pretty relevant), but who thought copypasting the whole text of basic saves every time a spell is cast was a good idea??? The entire point of basic save is to avoid having to rewrite the rule every single time, and this now rewrites the rule every single time? ...I mean all I need to do is to just have spells set to "normal" with no explanation, but still...
First, thanks for all your work on this sheet.  It is really shaping up nicely.  I just wanted to chime in on a few quality of life things that would make using the sheet that much easier. +1 to remove scroll bars.  It is so annoying having spellcasters in the group and trying to read the text of their spells. +1 to simply referencing basic saves and not spelling out the rules.  This would save significant space. +1 to the actions, reactions, free actions section being moved to the character tab with all of the other pertinent in-combat stats.  And add the action, reaction, free action symbols while your at it.  This would streamline the sheet immensely and make it so that weapon fighters would only need to use the information in the "Character" tab during combat.   For example, the ranger in my group has an entry for "Hunt Prey" as found in the CRB written in "Class Feats and Abilities" header in the "Feats" tab. He also has the action, "Hunt Prey" which was located in the "Details" tab and contained slightly different worded text and indicated that it is 1-action, so a condensed version of the rules could be clicked on and displayed in the chat.  Now they are both on the "Feats and Actions" tab so it looks messy, Hunt Prey looks like a duplicate entry and in combat a person would need to click back and forth between the Character and Feats and Actions tab. 
+1 to actions, reactions, etc moving to the character tab. I understand though that the current layout is due to Paizo official sheet, but the change is really welcome.  95% of time we use just "Character Tab" and "Spells" tab. 

Edited 1579861397
Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Toggle Prepared Spells Brief  Description : Currently if the caster has 10+ spells (i.e. any caster of 2+ level) it is really hard to sort through the spell list to find the prepared spells (just try to do it 3 times on different characters and you'll understand what I mean).  Please make the toggle button to hide all spells with "0" uses or make otherwise viable solution for this issue. References :
Very good update, good to see it improving by the day! +1 to remove "DESCRIPTION" and "NOTES", though i think it was a bug. +1 to Action, Reaction and Free Action sessions on the main page.
The Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook in the Roll20 Marketplace comes bundled with a token art pack for use in the VTT. The art pack is only available in the bundle, though. AxelEverett A. said: So i'm just starting out making my own campaign and was wondering if there was a big collection of Tokens (The portraits with circles around them) I could download and use if I ever needed them? Does roll20 provide that? If so where? How? I'm new to this so I have no idea.

Edited 1579977608
Natha said: Ezekieru said: Just checking, but were all the "Feature Request" marked there added in the update? Because I'm not seeing the "Proficiency at-a-glance" or the "Update NPC Actions to mimic Bestiary" ones, yet I see the rest of them. Hi Ezekieru.  Regarding Proficiency, PC characters should show a T,E,M or L before the proficiency value on the sheet, where applicable. If it's not, please let us know. For example: Regarding NPC Actions, the way Automatic and Reactive abilities are displayed should be closer (but not perfeclty similar, for technical reasons) to the way they are displayed in the books: Feedback welcome :) Had to re-punch in the proficiencies of all my players' sheets for it to update. But it's working now. Also, +1 to removing "Description" and "Notes", and +1 to moving the Actions/Reactions to the Character tab.

Edited 1580010788
A thought about the implementation of "Proficiency at-a-glance" occurs to me, and I'll put it here so its said but it is by no means priority: instead of the TEML letter indication being placed in front of the number, a more elegant solution (given the synonymity of the labels to proficiency in general) might be replacing "PROF" with a TEML abbreviation, like "UNTRN", "TRAIN", "EXPRT", "MASTR", "LEGND"? (assuming 5 letters like "ARMOR") leaving the number unaccompanied by a letter, leaving a clean display on the sheet for the player. on a more serious note about it: Is there a way to have player's proficiency show up with their in-chat rolls? I'd find this very useful as a GM as some tasks might be impossible based on proficiency rank, and this serves as a reminder of a players proficiency without having to have every players sheet open at once (i have enough NPC sheets, i promise you lol). In addition (and this part is more nicety than an important change), for Secret Rolls, the ability for a player to drop their skill modifier into chat like so: might allow a GM to make such rolls easier, since I could just slap a simple d20 roll in secret using the built in roller, and add it together without having to /whisper gm /r every time.

Edited 1580026188
Is there a setting that could be added in the options to auto apply the feat  For levels 3 (+2) 4 (+2) 5 (+3) and 6 (+3) you get Half your level as a Proficiency Bonus to ALL UNTRAINED SKILLS And from level 7 on you get your LEVEL to all UNTRAINED SKILLS. Thanks.
Report Issue Innate spell attack is missing the ABI modifier Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  When a PC uses an innate spell, the attack roll is missing the ability modifier. Screenshots:  
Seeing this sub become more popular with each day makes me very happy. I cant wait to see more 2e games to join, and more players DM for. I play online and getting a group together, or finding a group with some open positions has been very difficult. Lots of games start then fall apart before they get anywhere, or even make it to the first session. It's the curse of a new system I suppose! So it's nice to see some growth here.
pooja s. said: Seeing this sub become more popular with each day makes me very happy. I cant wait to see more 2e games to join, and more players DM for. I play online and getting a group together, or finding a group with some open positions has been very difficult. Lots of games start then fall apart before they get anywhere, or even make it to the first session. It's the curse of a new system I suppose! So it's nice to see some growth here. I agree, seeing the updates and new ideas from community being thought out and implemented is very nice. Also, are you a GM? We have a group of 4 people and can't find a GM whatsoever, we have this lfg if you are a GM.
Lucas X. said: pooja s. said: Seeing this sub become more popular with each day makes me very happy. I cant wait to see more 2e games to join, and more players DM for. I play online and getting a group together, or finding a group with some open positions has been very difficult. Lots of games start then fall apart before they get anywhere, or even make it to the first session. It's the curse of a new system I suppose! So it's nice to see some growth here. I agree, seeing the updates and new ideas from community being thought out and implemented is very nice. Also, are you a GM? We have a group of 4 people and can't find a GM whatsoever, we have this lfg if you are a GM. You have 4 people.  One of you needs to GM. Additionally one of the things keeping this community (Roll20) from exploding beyond the competition is a lack of adventure material.  Maybe roll20 wants to outsource converting/adding that content?
Ryn said: You have 4 people.  One of you needs to GM. Additionally one of the things keeping this community (Roll20) from exploding beyond the competition is a lack of adventure material.  Maybe roll20 wants to outsource converting/adding that content? Been a GM for years, but 2e really got my attetion about character creation. The rest are kinda new and have no interest in GMing. Hopefully we will find a GM. The lack of adventure material is really concerning indeed.
Lucas X. said: Ryn said: You have 4 people.  One of you needs to GM. Additionally one of the things keeping this community (Roll20) from exploding beyond the competition is a lack of adventure material.  Maybe roll20 wants to outsource converting/adding that content? Been a GM for years, but 2e really got my attetion about character creation. The rest are kinda new and have no interest in GMing. Hopefully we will find a GM. The lack of adventure material is really concerning indeed. It's also a real issue outside of VTTs. Since August 1 2019 we've had ONE 6 part AP and ONE stand alone Module release from Paizo, with their second AP just now releasing.  The game needs about half a dozen or more stand alone modules already and it doesn't have them.
Ryn said: Lucas X. said: Ryn said: You have 4 people.  One of you needs to GM. Additionally one of the things keeping this community (Roll20) from exploding beyond the competition is a lack of adventure material.  Maybe roll20 wants to outsource converting/adding that content? Been a GM for years, but 2e really got my attetion about character creation. The rest are kinda new and have no interest in GMing. Hopefully we will find a GM. The lack of adventure material is really concerning indeed. It's also a real issue outside of VTTs. Since August 1 2019 we've had ONE 6 part AP and ONE stand alone Module release from Paizo, with their second AP just now releasing.  The game needs about half a dozen or more stand alone modules already and it doesn't have them. Phrasing it like that is more than a little disingenuous. They've been releasing Age of Ashes monthly, each part taking you 3-4 levels with each part. Not sure how many times you play per week or how long your sessions tend to be, but I wouldn't say a release per month is an "only" situation. Thankfully, "The Dead God's Hand" mega-dungeon module comes out early March, and we'll have monthly releases of Extinction Curse to hold us over until July, when Agents of Edgewatch starts. We also have that Kingmaker 2e module happening at the end of the year. Whether or not Roll20 will take the time to adapt them is an entirely different matter, since they stopped their development for adapting AoA a little while ago.
The adventure path release series is always 2 adventures a year, 6 parts per adventure, 1 part per month, for the last 10 years, so expect that to continue for a long time. The lack of modules seems a little out there though. Fall of plaguestone, the free introductory adventure, and (with a little conversion) the playtest adventure and We Be Goblin5 (also playtest, but easier to convert than 1e adventures). Might I suggest looking into Pathfinder society scenarios? Especially for newbie dms, as every scenario is built to run as it's own enclosed, typically 1 session, adventure, with 2 tiers of level 1-2 and level 3-4 play, and every encounter provides suggestions for more or less than 4 players. They're completely self sufficient, as all monster stat blocks are included, just supply your own maps. Each is 5 bucks or less from the paizo website, and there are several already. It wouldn't be terribly hard to adapt them for later level play either.

Edited 1580246603
Lucas X.
Translator
Sheet Issues - Spell attack Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Spells are not using the modifier, in the innate and focus section. It rolls d20 + prof + level + misc, but the bonus is always 0, no matter the attribute you choose.
Lucas X. said: Sheet Issues - Spell attack Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  Spells are not using the modifier, in the innate and focus section. It rolls d20 + prof + level + misc, but the bonus is always 0, no matter the attribute you choose. The strange thing is that if you copy the .html and .css from the GitHub page to a Custom sheet, the attacks function properly. It appears that the NPC roll is called instead of the PC roll.
Recently, this has been showing in the Notes section of the rolls, and it's a redundant thing to place within the Notes section. Could the bold ( NOTES: ) part NOT be in the Notes section of the rolls when they are rolled? Also, no-one yet has fixed the condensing issue of the Notes section either.  Thank you.
Kas said: Recently, this has been showing in the Notes section of the rolls, and it's a redundant thing to place within the Notes section. Could the bold ( NOTES: ) part NOT be in the Notes section of the rolls when they are rolled? Also, no-one yet has fixed the condensing issue of the Notes section either.  Thank you. Also can the "BOLD" description word not appear in description? Can we also find a way to make use of the action symbols in Strikes, Spells, Basic and Skill Actions?
One-liner  Title : Toggle for MAP on Strikes/Spell Attacks/Actions with Attack Trait Brief  Description : Having a toggle for a built-in way for applying MAP to the attack rolls, spell attack rolls, and other actions with the Attack Trait (Trip, Disarm, Shove, etc.) would make running the games a lot simpler than not. Also, plugging in the Agile toggle as well (for -4 and -8, instead of -5 and -10 for regular attack rolls) would be good for this. References : Core Rulebook pg. 446
I'd like that as well as my weapons list is getting pretty big and I'm sarting to cast as well with my Red Mantis Assassin build for level 5. Tom
thats a bit I really miss from the Playtest sheet: MAP functionality. Just had a nice field to enter what a characters base MAP penalty was, and had clickables for first, second and third attack. So I'll definitely add my vote to MAP function in-sheet.