Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Royal said: thats a bit I really miss from the Playtest sheet: MAP functionality. Just had a nice field to enter what a characters base MAP penalty was, and had clickables for first, second and third attack. So I'll definitely add my vote to MAP function in-sheet. A field would be REALLY useful. Especially to punch in, like, the circumstance penalties for non-lethal attacks. 

Edited 1581306860
Ezekieru said: Royal said: thats a bit I really miss from the Playtest sheet: MAP functionality. Just had a nice field to enter what a characters base MAP penalty was, and had clickables for first, second and third attack. So I'll definitely add my vote to MAP function in-sheet. A field would be REALLY useful. Especially to punch in, like, the circumstance penalties for non-lethal attacks.  Non-leathal Attack penalty, Circumstance bonus to AC from Shield, Bonus to Damage from Rage/Forceful/Twin/more, Bonuses to initiative from spells/feats/actions, use it to toggle Sneak Attack, add your item bonus to skill checks that involve a weapon (trip/shove/disarm/etc) So much to use it for. and more important than before, given the more limited variety of bonuses! you only use the best one of a single variety, excluding untyped, which is all added together.
+1 to MAP toggle
I feel like it may be more simple to have a toggle in Options for a MAP query that pops up for attacks, that lets you pick First, Second, or Subsequent and applies the appropriate modifier. Attack items could then have a toggle to apply the agile trait if the MAP query is enabled. For now though, I find it easy enough to just copy+paste this to the notes if each of my attacks: **–5** to second atk, **–10** to subsequent atks or Agile: **–4** to second atk, **–8** to subsequent atks
On Github I see the sheet has been migrated to a private repository. Will we ever get the upstream changes back into the community-accessible repo?
Thank you for the latest sheet updates! In regards to those asking about MAP, you could also just tick the 'bonus to roll' setting in Options, which gives you a query to each roll. You can enter -5 or -4 for second attacks, etc.
While not ideal, I have just had my players make multiple attacks.  They add the -5/-4 and -10/-8 in the temp column and it has worked pretty well.  Same for sneak attacks and the like.  Now they may end up with 4-6 melee strikes, but it does help with forgetting the MAP.  Could at least help until something is added like mentioned above.
All my players and I have done both and leaves us all still not to happy, there has to be a better way so one does'nt have a HUGE 1,2,3 strike for each weapon of fumble around for the pop up box of - to this attack :( Tom
The playtest just had them neatly abbreviated on the attack area like this I'd say divide the one wide button under a weapons attack section And divide it into 3 buttons labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd+. Alligned horizontally so it fits into the existing button space. could do the same with Damage, too, as Sweep and Twin have damage bonus effects based on number of attacks
+1 to this Royal said: The playtest just had them neatly abbreviated on the attack area like this I'd say divide the one wide button under a weapons attack section And divide it into 3 buttons labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd+. Alligned horizontally so it fits into the existing button space. could do the same with Damage, too, as Sweep and Twin have damage bonus effects based on number of attacks
Not sure if I'd want them as separate buttons. A toggle on/off for -5 and -10 would be what I'd like. Maybe a setting in the Strike to make it Agile, so we can have it auto-calculate the -4 and -8. Or better yet, a setting to apply a custom MAP for each attack, for Flurry Rangers (since they have different MAPs based on class features and whether the person they're attacking is their Prey or not).
Ezekieru said: Not sure if I'd want them as separate buttons. A toggle on/off for -5 and -10 would be what I'd like. Maybe a setting in the Strike to make it Agile, so we can have it auto-calculate the -4 and -8. Or better yet, a setting to apply a custom MAP for each attack, for Flurry Rangers (since they have different MAPs based on class features and whether the person they're attacking is their Prey or not). The Playtest sheet had that. ATK1 would just be Attack Penalty * 0, ATK2 would be *1, and ATK3 would *2, automatically accounting for MAP for each strike, based on what you filled it in. in the example i pulled from my old Doomsday Dawn game, ATK1 would be MAP 0, ATK2 would be -5, and ATK3 is -10. If they were higher level, and had full release's Flurry, this ranger would be 0,-2, and -4. I just wish I knew how to (or if i could) call on the ATK button math, to add in bonuses from weapon traits that are based on MAP like Forceful and Twin.
So no plans to make the External Curse (Circus) Adventure Path available?  
One-liner  Title : NPC sheet Perception Notes Brief  Description : All the skills for NPC sheets have a section for notes, but there's none for Perception. This would be useful to mark alternative bonuses as some creatures have additional bonuses to specific uses of Perception.

Edited 1581914750
One-liner  Title :  Lore Skills for secret rolls. Brief  Description :  This might be as much a community outreach as a feature request.  I am looking to add player Lore skills to my secret knowledge roll macro, as a GM.  Currently, I can click a macro button, with a PC token selected, and get some of the standard skills that might require a secret 'knowledge' check.  This uses code similar to what is posted here: /w GM @{Selected|Token_Name}  Arcana [[ @{Selected|arcana} + 1d20]] /w GM @{Selected|Token_Name}  Religion [[ @{Selected|religion} + 1d20]] But I can't figure out how to roll somebody's Lore skill (usually from their background) without building a custom macro button for each PC, because they all have different Lore Skills.   Edit:  thanks to Andreas J: below,  Lore skills get named different, but they do follow the repeating ID rules, and can be called that way.  
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Horvald said: But I can't figure out how to roll somebody's Lore skill (usually from their background) without building a custom macro button for each PC, because they all have different Lore Skills.   Fortunately enough, you're wrong on this. :D The lore skills are a repeating section, so the name of their roll buttons follow the same pattern as other repeating sections. I checked the PF2E wiki page and saw the article didn't mention it, so I spent a minute to figure it out. Anyway, the following will select the characters first lore skill, and if you replace the zero with a one, it would roll the character's second lore skill: %{selected|repeating_lore_0_LORE} I've added this to the wiki so others will find it in the future as well.

Edited 1581914633
Andreas J. said: The lore skills are a repeating section, so the name of their roll buttons follow the same pattern as other repeating sections. I checked the PF2E wiki page and saw the article didn't mention it, so I spent a minute to figure it out. Anyway, the following will select the characters first lore skill, and if you replace the zero with a one, it would roll the character's second lore skill: %{selected|repeating_lore_$0_LORE} I've added this to the wiki so others will find it in the future as well. Thanks Andreas, you got me on track to try again and figure it out.  What you originally posted, wasn't quite on either, as the line requires $0 or $1  to work, not just the numeral by itself.  (edited and corrected in the quoted section of this post)  But I figured it out from the wiki and tried it that way.   I tried to put it into the same format that I used my other skill calls in, but could not get it to post right, so in the end I just added the % call.  It takes up more space that way, but it still functions.   code of the final macro: /w GM ***@{Selected|Token_Name}***  Arcana:_ [[ @{Selected|arcana} + 1d20]] Religion:_ [[ @{Selected|religion} + 1d20]]  Nature:_ [[ @{Selected|nature} + 1d20]]  Occultism:_ [[ @{Selected|occultism} + 1d20]] /w GM %{selected|repeating_lore_$0_LORE} Picture of the result:  Edit:  I tried adding multiple repeating Lore entries, but the error messages it throws for the majority of characters who don't have multiple Lores made me take it back out.  
Might just want to add two macros, one for most of your players and their one lore. and one for your lore-monger lol
Horvald, you should be able to hide those error messages by adding &{no_error} to the end of the macro
Thanks, community.  The suggestions were very helpful.  
One-liner  Title :  Option to subtract level from rolls (Bounded Accuracy rule option in Gamemastery Guide) Brief  Description :  In the soon to be released Gamemastery Guide, there is an option to take the level out of all applicable stats of your character. That is, your level does not add to you AC, Saves, Attacks, Skills, etc. Proficiency, Item bonuses still remain thus giving the game a more realistic, bounded accuracy game-play. Things like damage, access to spells, etc are unaffected. I think this could be an option at the game level or character sheet level and would be easy to code; but make life much easier for everyone in the game. It will also be a very marketable feature. Source : Gamemastery Guide, rule option 
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings folks, I wanted to let you know that I'll be checking & updating this thread less as I begin transitioning into more of a development roll. You'll want to keep an eye on release notes for character sheet updates. I'll leave you with this update. The neutral color scheme is in QA so that will be out soon. We're also still working on drag and drop. Currently awaiting the data entry portion which takes a lot of work then testing. 700+ feats and 1000+ items just to start with! Drag and drop is the gateway to Charactermancer since you need the data to build after all. Quality of life improvements and bug fixes are sprinkled into the mix. Please keep posting here feature request and bugs as you find them. We checking in on this thread to ensure we're getting user feedback. Thanks, Cassie
Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  The actions, free actions, and reactions seem to have disappeared off of all of the sheets. Screenshots:

Edited 1582682752
Smolder said: Class(es) /  Subclass : All Description of issue :  The actions, free actions, and reactions seem to have disappeared off of all of the sheets. Screenshots: They were moved to the first tab, and consolidated into one Actions section, below Perception above Languages
Please add the "Customize Rolls" section to the NPC character sheets as well - even if it is just the "Bonus to Roll" & " "Roll Critical Damage Options". NPCs can make multiple attacks as well - and this feature of the PC sheets is the simplest way to quickly account for the varying penalties one can have (-5, -10, or -4, -8 with agile) on any given attack. 
Noah H. said: Please add the "Customize Rolls" section to the NPC character sheets as well - even if it is just the "Bonus to Roll" & " "Roll Critical Damage Options". NPCs can make multiple attacks as well - and this feature of the PC sheets is the simplest way to quickly account for the varying penalties one can have (-5, -10, or -4, -8 with agile) on any given attack.  +1 on this.  I find that the "Bonus to Roll" would be very handy as a GM to add condition buffs or penalties as well.  My last session had a lot of debuffs on the NPCs. 
+1 to that as well!

Edited 1582939994
Sheet Issues Class(es) /  Subclass : NPCs Description of issue :  Skills and Saves rolled from an NPC using an ability call such as %{Boar|FORT} are returning an error message regarding proficiency_display even though NPC sheets currently do not utilize those (the roll itself still works). This does not happen when rolling directly from the sheet (i.e. full macro), only when using the ability call format. Screenshots :
Noah H. said: Please add the "Customize Rolls" section to the NPC character sheets as well - even if it is just the "Bonus to Roll" & " "Roll Critical Damage Options". NPCs can make multiple attacks as well - and this feature of the PC sheets is the simplest way to quickly account for the varying penalties one can have (-5, -10, or -4, -8 with agile) on any given attack.  +1
Is there a possibility of getting stamina and custom proficiency per level, as per the GMG now that it's available for purchase on the site? Or other alternate rule options?
Fortello said: Is there a possibility of getting stamina and custom proficiency per level, as per the GMG now that it's available for purchase on the site? Or other alternate rule options? +1 to this. I also posted above. I purchased the PDF from Paizo and most of the content of the book can easily be used by looking at the PDF. I would only justify paying 38 dollars for a Roll20 if some of the rules options were automated by Roll20. Seeing how incredibly popular the bounded accuracy of DnD 5th Edition is, I think it would be a great boon to have the no level to proficiency rule being an option in the character sheets.  A second boon and a big reason to purchase the Game Mastery Guide would be to implement the NPC creation rules in Roll20. Something like insert a Creatures level and effectiveness of a stat and Roll20 calculates the modifier. Yes, there is a free website for this, but difficult to import the end result in Roll20. @Fortell: By the way, there is a partial workaround for this. In the character sheet you can set a character's level to zero. Then everything is calculated correctly according to the optional rule, except the hit points. But those you can easily fix by inserting the difference in the "Other" field. For NPC character sheets there is no such option though...
John L. said: Fortello said: Is there a possibility of getting stamina and custom proficiency per level, as per the GMG now that it's available for purchase on the site? Or other alternate rule options? +1 to this. I also posted above. I purchased the PDF from Paizo and most of the content of the book can easily be used by looking at the PDF. I would only justify paying 38 dollars for a Roll20 if some of the rules options were automated by Roll20. Seeing how incredibly popular the bounded accuracy of DnD 5th Edition is, I think it would be a great boon to have the no level to proficiency rule being an option in the character sheets.  A second boon and a big reason to purchase the Game Mastery Guide would be to implement the NPC creation rules in Roll20. Something like insert a Creatures level and effectiveness of a stat and Roll20 calculates the modifier. Yes, there is a free website for this, but difficult to import the end result in Roll20. +1. Not just no proficiency, but some of the other optional rules. I am surprised I haven't seen this one posted [sorry it was?] Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Brief  Description : Automatic Conditions Similar to Pathfinder 1's character sheet, just a way to easily apply conditions with a checkbox or number. Example; if I checked flat-footed my AC will reflect it. If I check drained 2, my fort saves are automatically lowered. The main conditions I would say are needed are the "Lowered Abilities: Clumsy, Drained, Enfeebled, Stupefied." I'd be great to have that tied to tokens icons too. But I think that would be a bit harder. References : Core Rulebook pg. 618
MrXenark said: John L. said: Fortello said: Is there a possibility of getting stamina and custom proficiency per level, as per the GMG now that it's available for purchase on the site? Or other alternate rule options? +1 to this. I also posted above. I purchased the PDF from Paizo and most of the content of the book can easily be used by looking at the PDF. I would only justify paying 38 dollars for a Roll20 if some of the rules options were automated by Roll20. Seeing how incredibly popular the bounded accuracy of DnD 5th Edition is, I think it would be a great boon to have the no level to proficiency rule being an option in the character sheets.  A second boon and a big reason to purchase the Game Mastery Guide would be to implement the NPC creation rules in Roll20. Something like insert a Creatures level and effectiveness of a stat and Roll20 calculates the modifier. Yes, there is a free website for this, but difficult to import the end result in Roll20. +1. Not just no proficiency, but some of the other optional rules. I am surprised I haven't seen this one posted [sorry it was?] Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Brief  Description : Automatic Conditions Similar to Pathfinder 1's character sheet, just a way to easily apply conditions with a checkbox or number. Example; if I checked flat-footed my AC will reflect it. If I check drained 2, my fort saves are automatically lowered. The main conditions I would say are needed are the "Lowered Abilities: Clumsy, Drained, Enfeebled, Stupefied." I'd be great to have that tied to tokens icons too. But I think that would be a bit harder. References : Core Rulebook pg. 618 +1 to this. Conditions are very frequent and they can get pretty fiddly.
+1 to conditions tracker for me as well! Very frequently arise in this system. I suggest a checkmark for base conditions that applies the penalty in a selectable dropdown menu? so you can check Enfeebled and pick 3 from the dropdown if you critically failed a spell that applies it, but you only have enfeebled listed once in the conditions menu. Especially since duplicate conditions don't add together, you get the worst between sources.
+1 too proficiency without level! was one of the features we are planing to use, and while we tried to custom edit a char sheet we realized just how much betters yours where, and how outdated the github one was :p
+1 to Alternate Rules being baked into the character sheets (have the options in Game Settings, or the Options tab in the character sheets). +1 to Conditions Tracker. There's no way to drag-and-drop conditions, all the current Conditions tab does is a simple note... which, considering how quickly Conditions come and go in a session, makes it hard to use. And here's a few more suggestions I can think of: ___________________________________ One-liner  Title : Separate NPCs from the Monsters section in the Compendium. Brief  Description : Considering the use cases we'd need to use for NPCs VS using Monsters, and how the Monsters are gonna grow in size with every new Bestiary, I think it'd be a lot better to make the NPCs into a separate section. Maybe rename "Monsters" into "Creatures" and then separate it into "Monsters" "Animal Companions" and "NPCs". References : N/A ___________________________________ One-liner  Title : No Current Way to Filter Results for the Monster Section Brief  Description :  If the first feature request isn't up to snuff, currently the Filter Results in the Compendium is completely blank. So I have no way to filtering through the massive amount of Creatures from both Bestiary 1 and the GMG. Fixing this would help a lot with navigating through each additional books that we buy. References : N/A ___________________________________ Also, any word on adapting the Lost Omens Character Guide, World Guide, or Gods & Magic for Roll20? There's a ton of Dedications missing from World Guide, entire ancestries and heritages from Character Guide, and new spells and weapons from G&M. Plenty of players are gonna want access to these additional options without having to manually punch it all in once the rest of the Drag-and-Drop and the Charactermancer are done.
I think I must be doing something wrong with this sheet. I'm working on converting Rise of the Runelords to 2e, and I'm working on the spellcasting NPCs.  Anyways, I have a guy with a spell attack modifier of +14, yet when I put a spell in, turn the attack on, and click it, I can get results like 2 or even less.  With a +14, shouldn't a 2 be impossible?  What am I missing?

Edited 1583331064
Mark said: I'm working on converting Rise of the Runelords to 2e, and I'm working on the spellcasting NPCs.  Anyways, I have a guy with a spell attack modifier of +14, yet when I put a spell in, turn the attack on, and click it, I can get results like 2 or even less.  With a +14, shouldn't a 2 be impossible?  What am I missing? I tried replicating that error, using existing and new NPCs.  I could not come up with the same error, unless you didn't enter the Spell attack modifier in the appropriate box for an NPC?  It does not draw from level/abilities like PCs do.  Check to see that you have the right number as shown below, and that that same number appears in the spell template, as it does in the image on the right.  If you've already done that, sorry, I got nothing else. 
I think I see the problem Horvald.  I was putting "+14" not just "14".  That seems like an inconsistency with the sheet; I know on everything else I put in the sheet I put in "+X" or "-X" and don't have any issues. Anyhow, thanks for helping me fix it.  I look forward to trying it tonight!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh, that would be because the sheet already has a + (your input here) in the macro.  If you put +14, it is seeing that as ++14 which it will ignore as an incorrect formula.
Here's an idea that got kicked around in the PFS Online Region's Discord today. One of the bigger headaches in GMing PFS2 is dealing with secret checks. It's not a huge deal for one character, but when you have an entire party of six characters, this starts to become time consuming and annoying. What I would like to suggest is that Roll20 create a GM read only page that consists of a display showing certain pieces of information for all characters on the table (not NPCs) that the GM needs such as skill modifiers. Even better, the page would consist of a mini window which they could pop out as needed showing all the PC character skills and Perception. The GM could then click the appropriate button as needed for a secret roll and it would display only to the GM. The information would come from the character sheets of the characters. Example: The PCs need to make a Knowledge Nature check to Recall Information at the beginning stage of a scenario. The GM has the mini window open, clicks the Nature button for each character, and the rolls are shown only to the GM. Then the GM can parse out the appropriate information to the players as determined by the die rolls. It would also be really helpful when the GM is rolling against a character's DC such as when a NPC is using stealth against a character's Perception DC. The GM could easily see the Perception score of each character on that mini window.

Edited 1583459431
I have a macro that helps with this. It's not the prettiest, but I made it so that when you select a player's token, you can click it to see their current HP, AC, and bonuses and DCs for all skills and saves. (I may have forgotten perception, but its an easy fix if i forgot anything) Edit : it prints to chat, in a whisper. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make a handout do this for me, and had to go this route. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{Hit Points= @{selected|hit_points} | @{selected|hit_points_max}}} {{AC= @{selected|armor_class} | @{selected|armor_class_shield}}} {{Fort DC=[[@{selected|saving_throws_fortitude}+10]]}} {{Ref DC=[[@{selected|saving_throws_reflex}+10]]}} {{Will DC=[[@{selected|saving_throws_will}+10]]}} {{Spell Attack & DC=@{selected|spell_attack} | @{selected|spell_dc}}} {{Acrobatics & DC=@{selected|acrobatics} | [[@{selected|acrobatics}+10]]}} {{Arcana & DC=@{selected|arcana} | [[@{selected|arcana}+10]]}} {{Athletics & DC=@{selected|athletics} | [[@{selected|athletics}+10]]}} {{Crafting & DC=@{selected|crafting} | [[@{selected|crafting}+10]]}} {{Deception & DC=@{selected|deception} | [[@{selected|deception}+10]]}} {{Diplomacy & DC=@{selected|diplomacy} | [[@{selected|diplomacy}+10]]}} {{Intimidation & DC=@{selected|intimidation} | [[@{selected|intimidation}+10]]}} {{Medicine & DC=@{selected|medicine} | [[@{selected|medicine}+10]]}} {{Nature & DC=@{selected|nature} | [[@{selected|nature}+10]]}} {{Occultism & DC=@{selected|occultism} | [[@{selected|occultism}+10]]}} {{Performance & DC=@{selected|performance} | [[@{selected|performance}+10]]}} {{Religion & DC=@{selected|religion} | [[@{selected|religion}+10]]}} {{Society & DC=@{selected|society} | [[@{selected|society}+10]]}} {{Stealth & DC=@{selected|stealth} | [[@{selected|stealth}+10]]}} {{Survival & DC=@{selected|survival} | [[@{selected|survival}+10]]}} {{Thievery & DC=@{selected|thievery} | [[@{selected|thievery}+10]]}}
I have a macro to select a token, and roll a secret check for it, using the linked characters stats (extend as needed). I find that convenient enough for my 4 players, and the "group sheet" yo are asking for, you would have to fill yourself, meaning you have to update it every level for each character, which sounds way more annoying to me than just selecting the tokens the times it is needed. Code: /w GM @{Selected|Token_Name}  ?{Attribute| perception,  perception[[ @{Selected|perception} + 1d20]]| arcana, arcana [[ @{Selected|arcana} + 1d20]]| society, society [[ @{Selected|society} + 1d20]]| religion, religion[[ @{Selected|religion} + 1d20]]| nature, nature[[ @{Selected|nature} + 1d20]]| stealth, stealth[[ @{Selected|stealth} + 1d20]]| survival, survival[[ @{Selected|survival} + 1d20]]| occultism, occultism[[ @{Selected|occultism} + 1d20]]}
You would not need to fill anything on a group display. It would pull from the character sheets. The GM would just need to designate which character sheets need to feed to it.

Edited 1583579393
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: Sheet Issues Class(es) /  Subclass : NPCs Description of issue :  Skills and Saves rolled from an NPC using an ability call such as %{Boar|FORT} are returning an error message regarding proficiency_display even though NPC sheets currently do not utilize those (the roll itself still works). This does not happen when rolling directly from the sheet (i.e. full macro), only when using the ability call format. Screenshots : Hi Persephone and thanks for the report. This is a bug. We might need to set up a different roll name for NPCs, like NPCFORT for example.
Hello everybody! I pick a character sheet and I had a question, maybe it has already been described. In the Actions section, Character tabs. We create our action by selecting traits and filling in other lines. As I understand it, the Source line is intended to refer to a specific skill. To perform its check. But I did not understand how to write this anavik there. Could you tell?

Edited 1583617383
@Nimonys, I think the original intent of the Source field was to list the book and page source of the action, but I use it to list the Skills that the Action involves. You can simply list the Skills as text. I don't think there's a way to include the actual roll, unless you list each skill as a button, like this [Acrobatics](~Character Name|acrobatics) which you could click within the chat. I haven't tested this out myself, but I know buttons don't work in some Strike fields, so there's a chance they won't work in an Action's Source field.

Edited 1583647302
You can also include inline rolls that reference the skills, in the Description section of the Action entry.   It will then output numbers to chat within the template of the action.   For example, you can use : [[1d20+@{medicine}]]  Remember to put the skill name as text in reference to your roll. Example:
Horvald said: You can also include inline rolls that reference the skills, in the Description section of the Action entry.   It will then output numbers to chat within the template of the action.   With the action of medicine, everything is more complicated, due to the fact that this action can be used from different skills (Nature, Crafting, and several others) The first screenshot offers a choice of difficulty. But the player made his macro as she developed medicine through Craft