Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Keith that worked perfectly! I thought I had to set up the names through the abilities page and was over-complicating it. I have 2 players using the Great Weapon fighting style. Is there a way that damage rolls of 1 or 2 can be rerolled automatically instead of manually?

Edited 1581518048
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sure thing, though you will need to edit the damage entry for each weapon on the character sheet that qualifies. For instance, the damage field for a great axe should read: 1d12ro<2 Even though mathematically, that looks like it should re-roll results less than 2, the syntax for dice rolls reads "<" as "<=" in this case. "ro" means "re-roll once". More info on dice expressions here .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sheet Issue: NPC Proficiency not being counted Class(es) /  Subclass : Any NPC, any source Description of issue :  If you drag and drop a weapon from the compendium onto an NPC (including NPCs from the Compendium), it will not include the proficiency bonus when creating the attack action. Reproduction steps: 1) Drag a goblin in from the Compendium. Goblin has Scimitar, +4 to hit (+2 from dex, +2 from proficiency bonus), similar to default shortbow entry. 2) Drag another Scimitar or Shortbow onto the Goblin NPC sheet, the resulting entries are +2 to hit, only taking dex bonus into account. I have verified with other NPC entries that it is the proficiency bonus, not the ability bonus that is being neglected. The proficiency bonus is listed in the Attributes and Abilities, it just isn't being included in a compendium drop. It also happens if you drag in a piece of equipment that is not a duplicate of an existing one. Screenshots:

Edited 1581609127
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Mancer Issue: Changeling (Eberron) can't select charisma for +1 Attribute boost Class(es) :- Subclass : - Race : Changeling (Eberron) Level(s) : - Description of issue :  When creating a new character in the mancer and selecting the Changeling race, you can't select Charisma for the +1 Attribute boost. Jeremy Crawford have confirmed that you should be able to select +1 Charisma for the Changeling, even if it it's +2 boost already is applied to Charisma. This is the first race that this can be done to, so I understand how this might have been overlooked when creating the race.
Moving post here: Adam De Locke  said: Considering the fact that you can change out Eldritch Invocations you have whenever you gain a new one, wouldn't it be better to have the Eldritch Invocations list be a checkbox selection menu like spells instead of a drop-down menu? That way, Warlocks can easily keep track of what they have in the level up menu as well as trade out old invocations that don't want anymore for other ones.
I was told to post this here: I have come to realise that the Global Damage Modifier cannot deal with double-digit numbers of dice: 10 rolls over to 0 and 11 rolls over to 1. For example, if you roll a crit with 9d6 Sneak Attack damage as a Global Damage Modifier, it will roll 9d6+9d6 as it should. If you crit with 10d6, it will roll 10d6+0d6. If you crit with 11d6, it will roll 11d6+1d6. Changing the damage to roll a combination of discrete sets of rolls will roll the correct number of critial dice. For example, changing 10d6 to 5d6+5d6 will give the intended result.
Wanted to bump this. What's the proper macro for LoH? Thank you! TheWebCoder said: For Paladin lay on hands, the formula reads as &{template:default} {{name=Lay On Hands}} {{@{target|character_name} recovers=[[?{How Much HP?|5}]] HP}} Which outputs into the chat as below. Did my player accidentally hose the formula? If so, can you please help me correct it? Else, it's a bug I'm reporting. Thanks.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The problem is this:  the 5E sheet is already using a roll template for any roll called from a button on the character sheet. The formula that is posted there is good if you are using it as an ability macro on the Attributes & Abilities tab or in the macros collection.  If you try to put that in a field within a roll on the character sheet, you are trying to call the default roll template inside the 5E sheet roll template and it breaks the formula.  You can only use one roll template at a time.
Kraynic said: The problem is this:  the 5E sheet is already using a roll template for any roll called from a button on the character sheet. The formula that is posted there is good if you are using it as an ability macro on the Attributes & Abilities tab or in the macros collection.  If you try to put that in a field within a roll on the character sheet, you are trying to call the default roll template inside the 5E sheet roll template and it breaks the formula.  You can only use one roll template at a time. Ah, I can work with that. I'll just make her a token action with that formula. Thank you! 

Edited 1581912004
I've been trying to figure out how to add a character sheet to roll20.net following the advice on youtube&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2VORvNapM" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2VORvNapM</a> &nbsp;after getting a name character saved i try to edit and get this message&nbsp; i cannot edit a character to make cause this is as far as i get any help is appreciated.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Try again, but in a real game instead. The tutorial have bugs and doesn't work 100% as actual Roll20.
Andreas J. said: Try again, but in a real game instead. The tutorial have bugs and doesn't work 100% as actual Roll20. my understanding was i had to have a character sheet to get in a real game i was trying to create that character lol
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
In that case, all you need to do is create a game and select the character sheet you want to use from the drop down list.&nbsp; Once the game is created, go to the journal tab, click the add button, and select "character" from the list.&nbsp; That will create a character sheet that you can fill in.&nbsp; You can add as many as you wish to create. No need to attempt going through the tutorial to create a character.&nbsp; The tutorial is behind some of the changes that have happened within Roll20, and is on the list of things that needs updated to work correctly with the current version of the site.&nbsp; I expect they won't actually do that until their rewrite of the lighting system (and whatever changes to layers may come with that) is released.
Kraynic said: In that case, all you need to do is create a game and select the character sheet you want to use from the drop down list.&nbsp; Once the game is created, go to the journal tab, click the add button, and select "character" from the list.&nbsp; That will create a character sheet that you can fill in.&nbsp; You can add as many as you wish to create. No need to attempt going through the tutorial to create a character.&nbsp; The tutorial is behind some of the changes that have happened within Roll20, and is on the list of things that needs updated to work correctly with the current version of the site.&nbsp; I expect they won't actually do that until their rewrite of the lighting system (and whatever changes to layers may come with that) is released. That worked thank you created this tiefling warlock&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
Is there any word on the issue with that the mancer doesn't let you select new spells when multiclassing? any workaround? I tried it multiple with starting as a cleric 1 and then into wizard 1. it just shows the cleric cantrips and cleric level 1 spells. Interestingly, at level 3 (cleric 1 wizard 2) it lets me select level 1 wizard spells, but only 2 and no cantrips. it seem that it just skips the first level of wizard
I see that the sheet is updated again, is there any way to turn off the goofy looking coins and keep the rest of the sheet? I like my character sheets clean and simple and the added graphics just look bad to me. I noticed that we now have a legacy sheet but it's not really a legacy sheet at all in that it keeps the looks of the old sheet. Instead it reads SRD all over the front page.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can probably do that with the Stylus extension.
keithcurtis said: You can probably do that with the Stylus extension. Yea, its probably the only way. Sort of hoping for an opt out button though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For all I know, you're a CSS wizard, but just in case, here is a snippet that will hide the coins. :)
keithcurtis said: For all I know, you're a CSS wizard, but just in case, here is a snippet that will hide the coins. :) Not wizard of anything. :D Thanks!&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is an inconsistency in the presentation of spells in the compendium. Some include the higher level casting in the display, others do not The information is there if you open the spell up completely, but there's no reason it shouldn't display throughout, since users often quickly check a spell in the compendium tab during game. Screen shots: Fire Bolt does not display higher level casting in the tab view. Yet Eldritch Blast does:

Edited 1582384736
@keithcurtis Thanks for directing me to this part of the forum. I was under impression that this was already posted, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Sorry if I missed it. For clarification: Google Chrome,&nbsp;79.0.3945.130 or latest Firefox. No addons present (I've tried this on fresh browsers). Windows 10 OS From what I see this is present in Polish version of D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 sheet. In the character sheet's spells tab spell names have additional information about spell components (?) in their names cramped together for some reason. This makes the experience a bit problematic. Here is an example screenshot:
I have looked around a lot and attempted to find a good solution, but unfortunately doesn't seem like an easy one is around. Hopefully you folks can help me out? I'm looking to create chat menus for attacks/actions for the players in my campaign. The main issue is that there's not the same number of attacks/actions in each person's character sheet, so I can't just paste in like 3 lines of repeating attack and call it a day (if one character has 2, there's an ugly line and errors in chat, etc.) What I'd really like to do, is dynamically check to see how many actions the character has, and use that many @{selected|repeating_attack.....} lines, or something to that nature. I understand this can be (or has been) done with an API script, but I'm not sure where to look for those. If anyone knows of a good way to macro this out, or if there are already attack menus built somewere else, I'd love to hear about it.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
TheSirLancelot said: What I'd really like to do, is dynamically check to see how many actions the character has, and use that many @{selected|repeating_attack.....} lines, or something to that nature. I understand this can be (or has been) done with an API script, but I'm not sure where to look for those. If anyone knows of a good way to macro this out, or if there are already attack menus built somewere else, I'd love to hear about it.&nbsp; Since you have a pro account, you might check out this script (which is only on the forums, not in the one click installs).&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1</a>
Kraynic said: TheSirLancelot said: What I'd really like to do, is dynamically check to see how many actions the character has, and use that many @{selected|repeating_attack.....} lines, or something to that nature. I understand this can be (or has been) done with an API script, but I'm not sure where to look for those. If anyone knows of a good way to macro this out, or if there are already attack menus built somewere else, I'd love to hear about it.&nbsp; Since you have a pro account, you might check out this script (which is only on the forums, not in the one click installs).&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1</a> That was exactly what I needed. Got it set up and working perfectly. Thank you very much.
First reply failed, trying again with less pictures: As a monk, with 3 dex modifier, i have +3 intitiative (correctly stated on my sheet). Yet when i roll, this shows up instead of the regular (1d20+[INIT]) Secondary issue, as a level 1 monk, I have access to 2 level 1 spell slots. This isn't nearly as problematic as above, but still strange.
I was recommended to post here.&nbsp; I, and others, are having issues with our sheets not rolling initiative properly. You can find the details here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8157867/initiative-not-rolling-properly/?pageforid=8158024#post-8158024" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8157867/initiative-not-rolling-properly/?pageforid=8158024#post-8158024</a>
The sheet looks completely broken on my end, anyone else have crazy formatting issues?
Having issues with the roll20 app when trying to run the 5e sheet now, everything keeps crashing now that its not SRD version
All of the formatting is broken for the sheet now , this was not properly tested at all. Guess my group will just figure it out for the session.
Hi guys! I'm having the same problem @Nara reported before. All my character sheets have black thick boxes arround some sections, and sometimes the header doesn't appear. I tried to refresh the page several times, and also tried to disable adblockers, but the problem persists. I use the D&amp;D 5e OGL by Roll20. My roll20 interface is in Brazilian Portuguese.
I am seeing the same as Teuri above, but only in Firefox. Chrome seemed to load it slowly, but fully.
I'm getting the same problem as everyone else, and so is everyone else in my group, on both Chrome and Firefox. Some sheets have the weird black boxes, some have no boxes or backgrounds at all, and formatting and initiative seem broken for everyone. NPCs seem to be having less trouble formatting wise.
Saaame. Maybe Roll20 should try reviewing changes more before posting them live XD
Multiple problems that seem to vary depending on browser used. I use Mozilla, and the 5E sheet is showing thick black boxes around some entries but not others, and although rolls seem to be working, the borders around them in chat are gone (the contents such as the roll, the damage, etc are showing and appear to be working, just the box around it is gone), some but not all boxes around attributes are gone, all borders around spells on Spell page are gone.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Out of curiosity, did anyone having display issues have their sheet set for the SRD (plain borders) style before today? I'm not seeing the display problems others are reporting, but had my sheet set for D&amp;D style.
Midgardia
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I had never changed any settings so unless it was a default, then no, I did not have it set to plain borders (and I recall seeing the non-plain borders) so this is not exclusive to that. But I am seeing the same problem and it seems like it's just the images taking forever/failing to load.
It also appears to be severely messing with rolling formulas. For reference, I had advantage toggle on, but set to normal, my initiative roll was set to normal (not advantage), and initiative bonus was +1. This error was across all characters in the game and in two other games.
Also having the thick boxes on character sheets in the game we play in.
keithcurtis said: Out of curiosity, did anyone having display issues have their sheet set for the SRD (plain borders) style before today? I'm not seeing the display problems others are reporting, but had my sheet set for D&amp;D style. My sheet was set for the D&amp;D style before today, and I wasn't having this issue before.
In this thread , Roll20 has acknowledged the issue. Another user below is indicating that it might be a Cloudflare issue, and not to do with the character sheet changes themselves, so I'd reserve judgment until after the issues have been resolved. It's very possible the problems have nothing to do with the changes.
Initiative on the character sheet also seems to be broken: However, this character should have a +10

Edited 1582689568
Brendan C. said: Initiative on the character sheet also seems to be broken: However, this character should have a +10 I have the opposite problem...my character has a +5 from Dex but the sheet is adding +9 (I double checked and I do not have advantage on initiative, I do not have the Alert feat, and in the Attributes the values are correct (rolling 1d20, modifier +5). I can find no good reason for it to be adding +9 instead.
I have had the same issues but they seem to have stopped afflicting the sheets in my game
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm initiative calculation problems. For reference, this is the initiative formula the sheet is using now: @{CHARACTERNAME|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{CHARACTERNAME|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[{@{CHARACTERNAME|initiative_style}, 0d1+(@{CHARACTERNAME|reliable_talent}*(@{CHARACTERNAME|jack_of_all_trades}/@{CHARACTERNAME|jack_of_all_trades}))}kh1+@{CHARACTERNAME|survival_bonus}@{CHARACTERNAME|pbd_safe}[INIT] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{CHARACTERNAME|charname_output} There's odd stuff in there, like Survival Bonus, or Reliable Talent. This was the old formula (from the legacy sheet): @{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|initiative_style}+@{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|initiative_bonus}@{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|pbd_safe}[INIT] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|charname_output} {{licensedsheet=@{CHARACTERNAMEOLD|licensedsheet}}}
They've fixed the thick black box issues, but haven't addressed the initiative concerns.
Problem with initiative roll The bonus modifier for the initiative roll is not used, instead it is using survival modifier.
Hey everyone -&nbsp; To anyone experiencing issues with this sheet's formatting, as mentioned&nbsp; in this post , we're still experiencing some difficulties related to our image delivery and caching service. Please hang tight folks; our DevOps team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible. To better consolidate reports and communication regarding this issue, we would ask that you please follow this&nbsp; main thread &nbsp;for further updates. Thank you for your patience!