Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You should be able to choose the sheet at game creation time, or on the game settings page.
I am trying to drag the Halfling and other races onto a NPC character but the traits aren't working. Dragging from the Compendium onto the NPC sheet. It says "Accepting Drop From Compendium" but nothing happens when I let go onto the sheet. Basically for things like Humanoid (Any) I'm trying to make it for dwarves etc
Putting this here because I'm not sure if it's a bug or an unfortunate update decision.  Since the implementation of the drop-down menus for spells, the spells in the 5e character sheet displayed any information in the "innate" entry like this when the drop down menus were closed: Spell Name , at will The upside to this was that even with the spell drop down menus closed, you could see details about staff spells, charges, 1/day or rest spells, etc. While the formatting of it wasn't exactly the prettiest, it was a helpful feature that improved efficiency and made it faster to review spells. As of the most recent update, this seems to have changed. Closed spells now only display (for example): True Polymorph When the drop down menu is opened, they display True Polymorph TRUE POLYMORPH , innate 1/day Transmutation9 etc. Was this an intentional change to fix the formatting problem or a side effect/bug of some other update, since I didn't see it in the patch notes? Is there an option I'm not seeing to display the innate details when the drop down menus are closed? (I'm assuming there isn't, but might as well ask.)
Hi there, Don't sure it's the right place to ask for, but. As the basic rulebooks exists in French, thank to GaleForce9 are we got a chance to see the D&D 5e compendium able in Roll20 ? Regards,
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all- Earlier this week , we made a change to the Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition character sheet Reactions and traits now use "description" instead of "desc" In this change: repeating_npctrait_$0_desc to repeating_npctrait_$0_description We did this to make the attribute names consistent. That will help us better support further development and additional features for the Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition Compendium. However, as has been reported, this change will affect some API scripts and Macros. Our goal is to be proactive in communication about changes to the Roll20 Platform, and in this instance we were not. I'm taking this as a lesson learned. We will be working to ensure more happy surprises and fewer not-so-happy ones.
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I was trying to work on tracking my superiority dice (SD) in the ammo tracking system. I tried putting this in the ammunition spot, and I feel like it was working a week or so ago, but now it seems like it's subtracting the SD regardless of whether I pick "yes" or "no" ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,} I've also tried doing something like this: ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,0} and this:  ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice-1|No,Superiority Dice-0} But none seem to work. Any ideas? Edit: Typos

Edited 1585380658
Am I completely missing the way to cast spells at a higher level?  I see the entries on the sheet to be able to configure how much more damage it rolls, but I get no query asking me what level to cast at - it just does the default level. EDIT:  Found my problem.  Spells that SHOULD have been 1d8 extra/level, I had never typed in 1 (even though it was showing it there), just selected the d8.  This caused the prompt to never come up.  Actually typing the 1 in the box makes it work as intended.
Wondering if there is a way to have the subclasses available on the charactermancer?  
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Dastardly DM said: Wondering if there is a way to have the subclasses available on the charactermancer?   They are. If you don't own the PHB or other 5e supplements, only one subclass is shown in the charactermancer for the free version.

Edited 1585667250
Spells from books I do not own are showing up in my charactermancer... they were not there last night when I began leveling up this character. Is there a way to disable this?
After struggling for a bit with the hit dice while multiclassing, I was able to get the sheet to ask what class of hit die you would like to roll before you roll it. So for my ranger/rogue multiclass, hitdieroll under attributes reads: ?{Hit Die Class|Ranger,10|Rogue,8} I still can't figure out how to get it to automatically track the dice, nor a satisfactory way to keep track of the two separate hit dice pools, but I believe this should work for some situations.
We just leveled up our characters using the character mancer and now whenever we close a character sheet the hit dice gets reset to a D4 and if you change it only last till you close it and re open it. Any one else with this issue?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Anthony V. said: We just leveled up our characters using the character mancer and now whenever we close a character sheet the hit dice gets reset to a D4 and if you change it only last till you close it and re open it. Any one else with this issue? You need to go to the "settings"-page and there select the correct Hit Dice, that should fix it. This is a known bug, mentioned here .

Edited 1585837039
Class(es) : Warlock and probably any class Subclass : Celestial Race : Half-Elf and probably any race Level(s) : 1 Description of issue : I have noticed that the charactercreation with the charactermancer put the wrong quantity of some items in my inventory. It seems that there is always only 1 piece instead of 10, 20 and so on. As weapon I've choosen a light crossbow with 20 crossbow bolts, but there's only 1 bolt in my inventory. The "Dungeoneer's Pack" should include 10 torchs, 10 rations, 10 pitons, but there is also only 1 piece of each in my character sheet. With another class an the "Explorer's Pack" I had the same issue with the torchs an rations. Of course it's no problem to correct the number afterwards in the inventory, but I just wanted to report it.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
The issue with the hit die getting reset to D4 should be fixed on the next build.
I'm having an issue when I try to multiclass from Rogue to Ranger in the Charactermancer. When I finalize the addition of the ranger class, the charactermancer hangs at "Building Character." I tried deleting the character entirely and starting over, but can't get past this step.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Miguel said: The issue with the hit die getting reset to D4 should be fixed on the next build. Thank you Miguel! Every time an OGL sheet bug is squashed, an angel gets its wings. :) Or something like that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Prodipto R. said: I'm having an issue when I try to multiclass from Rogue to Ranger in the Charactermancer. When I finalize the addition of the ranger class, the charactermancer hangs at "Building Character." I tried deleting the character entirely and starting over, but can't get past this step. Make sure your character sheet is not popped out into its own window.
TheSirLancelot said: Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I was trying to work on tracking my superiority dice (SD) in the ammo tracking system. I tried putting this in the ammunition spot, and I feel like it was working a week or so ago, but now it seems like it's subtracting the SD regardless of whether I pick "yes" or "no" ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,} I've also tried doing something like this: ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,0} and this:  ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice-1|No,Superiority Dice-0} But none seem to work. Any ideas? Edit: Typos Nobody has anything for this? Edit: Currently I have two separate attacks on my sheet, one with SD in the ammo and one without.. Doesn't seem like the most elegant solution.
I lost all the descriptions of traits on most of my oldest monsters. I'm about two or three hours into fixing them and about halfway done. None of the monsters pulled from the compendium were effected that I can find, just original ones. I don't know if reactions were affected because none of the affected monsters had reactions. So it will just have the name, such as: Innate Spellcasting. And then blank underneath. I figured they were gone for good, so I'm just fixing them all buy hand, but if it happens again, I'll be very angry. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You are not the only one to be caught by this. I've answered this for folks over a dozen times in the last week. :( And it is officially addressed earlier in this thread. The "desc" attribute in both npc_traits and reactions was changed to "description" Just update your macros to use that wording. Older NPCs were updated to move copies of the attribute data into description, so either wording will work with them. NPCs created after the change will only work with "description".
Yeah, I saw that. This isn't a macro. It vanished from the sheets themselves, so I've had to hunt down other references to the text or recreate it from memory. Some of it is gone forever. I never saw a post where you addressed that.
Hi everyone. I'm "new" on Roll20, working on some D&D5 stuff for a week now... First of all, thanks for your work on the character sheet ! :) I just wanted to know if you have an idea when you will finish the transflation of the sheet in french (there is several remaining words in english)... And do you need help for this ? Can I help you in a way ? Another question, not directly link to the sheet : Is it normal I only access to the "english srd" ? There is no translation for it ? Thanks !
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Yeah, I saw that. This isn't a macro. It vanished from the sheets themselves, so I've had to hunt down other references to the text or recreate it from memory. Some of it is gone forever. I never saw a post where you addressed that. I might have misunderstood your particular issue. Like I said, I've been helping people patch their macros due to this change all week and probably assumed this was another instance. Are you saying that actual filled in data is gone from your older sheets? That shouldn't have happened. If anything older monsters should now be holding that data twice. If the data itself is gone, not just the ability to call it up, this might need to be reported as a bug. There might be a way you can "mine" that info out with an attribute call to "desc". Try either of these macros on a selected token representing one of the problem monsters. It will throw up errors if there is not data, but will return the old text if it is still available. Try this: @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_desc} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_desc} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_desc} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_desc} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_desc} Or this: @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_description} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_description} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_description} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_description} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_description} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_name} @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_description}
TheSirLancelot said: TheSirLancelot said: Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I was trying to work on tracking my superiority dice (SD) in the ammo tracking system. I tried putting this in the ammunition spot, and I feel like it was working a week or so ago, but now it seems like it's subtracting the SD regardless of whether I pick "yes" or "no" ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,} I've also tried doing something like this: ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,0} and this:  ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice-1|No,Superiority Dice-0} But none seem to work. Any ideas? Edit: Typos Nobody has anything for this? Edit: Currently I have two separate attacks on my sheet, one with SD in the ammo and one without.. Doesn't seem like the most elegant solution. Why not use the Resource section of the sheet instead? Use repeating_resource_left/right (or other_resource) and ChatSetAttr commands to decrement the dice number every time you fire a battlemaster maneuver. I'm working something up along these lines, and it's working fairly OK, except that the API is crashing constantly for me at the moment, so I can't test it further. :)
I know this is a really stupid question, but where is the character sheet? I've been reading this thread, but I haven't been able to find it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You chose your character sheet at game creation time. If you don't choose one then, you can do it later on your game settings page. Here's a video overview of Roll20: Roll20 TnT Starting from Scratch
Got it. Thank you for the quick reply.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Kariaudhanaur said: Hi everyone. I'm "new" on Roll20, working on some D&D5 stuff for a week now... First of all, thanks for your work on the character sheet ! :) I just wanted to know if you have an idea when you will finish the transflation of the sheet in french (there is several remaining words in english)... And do you need help for this ? Can I help you in a way ? Another question, not directly link to the sheet : Is it normal I only access to the "english srd" ? There is no translation for it ? Thanks ! Hello Kariaudhanaur, Translations are done on a volunteer basis, and I'll send you a private message about how that process works. The SRD is licensed under the Open Gaming License v1.0a, and that doesn't allow us to translate it's content. We are working on making Roll20 more accessible in more languages, and this is one area complicated by Intellectual Property Law. 
Jay R. said: TheSirLancelot said: TheSirLancelot said: Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I was trying to work on tracking my superiority dice (SD) in the ammo tracking system. I tried putting this in the ammunition spot, and I feel like it was working a week or so ago, but now it seems like it's subtracting the SD regardless of whether I pick "yes" or "no" ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,} I've also tried doing something like this: ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice|No,0} and this:  ?{Superiority Dice?|Yes,Superiority Dice-1|No,Superiority Dice-0} But none seem to work. Any ideas? Edit: Typos Nobody has anything for this? Edit: Currently I have two separate attacks on my sheet, one with SD in the ammo and one without.. Doesn't seem like the most elegant solution. Why not use the Resource section of the sheet instead? Use repeating_resource_left/right (or other_resource) and ChatSetAttr commands to decrement the dice number every time you fire a battlemaster maneuver. I'm working something up along these lines, and it's working fairly OK, except that the API is crashing constantly for me at the moment, so I can't test it further. :) I am using the resource section. But the issue is that you're not using a superiority dice every time you're attacking. So I'm looking for a way to choose whether or not you're using the superiority dice when you're attacking. Currently, I'm just using two attack options, one that uses the dice and one that doesn't. 
Is there some kind of dummies guide to creating custom items that change ability scores, skills, etc. when they are equipped/unequipped? I've been trying to make some, but the mods dont seem to do anything. I'm assuming because I have the syntax wrong.

Edited 1586201697
Robert D.
Sheet Author
Thanks keithcurtis. That got me there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi WormSlayer, Not everything can be altered. The list is here , under "MODS", but sometimes it's more helpful to drag a piece of official compendium equipment onto the sheet and see how it was set up.

Edited 1586205604
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
A bug I'm noticing is that the NPC name field is a separate attribute from the character_name attribute, which seems needlessly complicated. Additionally, the attributes on the NPC sheet are lacking titles to display what their attribute names are without needing to go into the inspector. EDIT: For the npc_name being different from character_name, the sheet doesn't need to change attribute names (as that leads to other issues). A simple sheetworker could reflect changes in either character_name or npc_name on the other attribute.

Edited 1586225097
Bug Report: On at least the Mage and Archmage, the Spell Attack Mod and Spell Save DC are based off Caster Level and not Challenge Rating. This resualts in a +1 to the Mage's Spell Attack and Spell DC. I suspect that this bug is affecting all NPC Spellcasters, although I can't confirm this. Secondly, the spell Lightning Bolt is a spellcard instead of spell attack, like Fireball or Cone of Cold.

Edited 1586233226
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have just dropped an Archmage directly from the compendium and can't see any of these issues. Try deleting any copy of the Archmage from your campaign and re-import. You could be dealing with an edited character.
I added herbalism kit to my player's character sheet, the box is tiny to read so I want them to be able to click on it like with their abilities and send the description to chat. Where is the button for that? 

Edited 1586356616
Bug Report: This is happening regarding anything with an image, including chat images and character tokens. i Havent the faintest idea what could be causing this
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The missing images seems to be fixed now, as it was with the other sheets that had the problem.

Edited 1586448509
I am trying to set a characters initiative modifier (initmod attribute) to reference another attribute. If I set it to "@{wisdom_mod}+1" for example, calling @initmod manually properly returns the result. The initiative_bonus attribute doesn't properly parse the initmod attribute when it is used in this way though - it seems to grab as much of the left part of the string as it recognises as a valid digit then ignores everything else. Is there any way this can be updated to work in this way (Or any workaround I should be aware of? I really don't trust myself to remember to update this whenever the base attribute changes!)
Hi Keith, For some reason I thought "Attributes, Saves, Skills, AC, To Hit, Damage, Spell Attacks, and Spell DC" were just examples, rather than a list of the specific things that can be modified. The only example given for item mods is "strength:21", and that works, but "strength:+2" does not. However, "perception:+2" does work? It seems like only static numbers are allowed as item mods, they cant reference other character variables?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I came across that the other day. Is there any piece of equipment in 5e that gives a bonus to an Ability score rather than an alteration?
Good Day All, I'm new to Roll 20 and I'm having an issue with the 5e Character Sheet in my campaign. To set the stage, I purchased the Monsters and Players Bundles and the first Waterdeep Module. When I created my game I assigned Characters to each of my players with varying results; described below. Player utilizes charactermancer and all options for races, backgrounds, etc are available. Player utilizes charactermancer and all options for races, backgrounds, etc are not available. I log in as DM and can continue their character creation with all options available. Player utilizes charactermancer and all options for races, backgrounds, etc are not available. I log in as DM and all options are not available. I've checked the settings and even with all characters set to be seen in All Players journal, and be editable by The Player, GM, and My Account, I have these intermittent issues. What can I do to correct this?
Good Day All, I'm new to Roll 20 and I'm having an issue with my campaign. To set the stage, I purchased the Monsters and Players Bundles and the first Waterdeep Module. When I created my game I selected the Waterdeep Module, but neglected to select a Waterdeep Season Module. Is there any way to retroactively add that module to my campaign or do I need to start a new campaign?

Edited 1586562995
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
MMesser said: Good Day All, I'm new to Roll 20 and I'm having an issue with my campaign. To set the stage, I purchased the Monsters and Players Bundles and the first Waterdeep Module. When I created my game I selected the Waterdeep Module, but neglected to select a Waterdeep Season Module. Is there any way to retroactively add that module to my campaign or do I need to start a new campaign? The seasons are add-ons - you add them after you create the campaign. Instructions on how to use the add-ons with Dragon Heist are on the marketplace page - check the special instructions section.&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3825/waterdeep-dragon-heist" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3825/waterdeep-dragon-heist</a> For specifics on how to add an add-on, check&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a>
Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : All Description of issue :&nbsp; There appears to be a bug in the npcatk roll template. When the r2 roll crits, the typec property is rendered with an extraneous left bracket. Sample macro: &amp;{template:npcatk} {{rname=Axe Beak}} {{rnamec=Axe Beak}} {{type=Chase}} {{typec=Chase}} {{query=1}} {{advantage=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+1]]}} {{r1=[[1d20+1]]}} {{name=Stealth Check}} Screenshots: Normal Roll: Axe Beak Stealth Check Chase:&nbsp; 6 &nbsp;|&nbsp; 4 R2 Crit: Axe Beak Stealth Check [Chase:&nbsp; 19 &nbsp;|&nbsp; 21
Hello, Have this issue where global modifiers are not displayed correctly: Two things happen: The value of the global modifier is displayed The global modifier overlaps on the rest of the sheet
Hello, Me and my fellow players and GM have an issue after using the charactermancer. The sheet does not show up after saving our character from the charactermancer: I tried running a test game to see if the bug would follow and everything was fine. My GM tried the same thing and the bug followed. We tried closing everything and clearing cache. Bug was still there. Both on Windows 10 and in Chrome 80.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Nicolas G. said: Hello, Me and my fellow players and GM have an issue after using the charactermancer. The sheet does not show up after saving our character from the charactermancer: The sheet is clearly set to the NPC sheet. Press the "Cog" icon and form the opened menu uncheck the box that says to show the NPC sheet.
Charactermancer bug: I just made a new Monk character using Charactermancer. Gave him the spear as monk weapon. The attack modifier in the character sheet uses Strength, but for the monk weapon, the modifier should use Dexterity.&nbsp;