Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Natha said: Quick question to all of you wise PF2 GMs: could it be too much information for players, if NPCs' attacks traits show in chat when rolling the attack? My personal GM philosophy agrees with Maelorn, that the characters who witness an orc wielding a greataxe could deduce that it has the Sweep trait.  So, I would say it would be better to have the option to show them.  If a GM wants to hide that info from the players, they can just enter it in a different section, like Notes (if Show Notes is turned off)  I don't know how feasible this is, but I think it would be really cool to have a "GM Notes" that posts with the Strike/ability into the chat, but that only the GM can see.  So it can remind them of secret things, without having to reference the sheet. 
Hi, is there a place to find the most current change log for this sheet? The latest one I can find is 3.07 and the sheet I'm running says 3.1.
Hey one more question regarding screen reader support. I have finally found a group to game with and there is one feature that I really hope will be fixed soom. On the Pathfinder First Edition and Starfinder sheets if you click the gear by an entry the edit fields are no longer visible to the screen reader, but on this sheet they remain visible. Is it possible to change this behavior? It makes navigating the sheet during play very clunky and sometimes I accidentally cause values in fields to change without meaning to.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: Hi, is there a place to find the most current change log for this sheet? The latest one I can find is 3.07 and the sheet I'm running says 3.1. Hi Nick. You will find the latest modifications in the Announcement forum , in the weekly general release note post for the Roll20.
Natha said: Lucas X. said: Feature Request Show attack traits on NPC chat roll It only shows on PC's attacks, not on NPC's, and since I rarely look at the NPC sheet (I am in the process of making all monsters in portuguese with token actions), it would help a lot. NPC:   PC:  Quick question to all of you wise PF2 GMs: could it be too much information for players, if NPCs' attacks traits show in chat when rolling the attack? To me seems kinda obvious not to show players, but some tables like more transparency. Maybe just have a toggleable box to allow and disallow like the show/hide rolls box?
There seems to be a bug in referencing repeating actions on the npc sheet. I hope this is the right thread to report it. Here's an action called through the appropriate %{repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_action}. It incorrectly uses the NPC traits in the action rather than the ability traits. And here's the same action called by clicking the button on the character sheet (these are the appropriate values): Clearly the first version is calling @{traits} rather than @{repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_traits}. The same thing happened with interaction abilities and might happen with reactions (I didn't test those). As an aside and to add to the conversation I see going on here, I would strongly prefer to have, at the very least, the ability to show weapon traits on the npc strike, but I imagine it would be best to have it as a drop down list on the npc sheet, working the same way that the whisper toggle works.

Edited 1585553190
I can confirm the same is happening for me, for items with empty Traits fields. This stops if you edit the Traits field of that item once, but you have to do it for each item.
Feature Request Replace Rank in Weapons with Category (Simple, Martial, etc.) Could Weapon entries have a drop-down for weapon category instead of rank? Since proficiency with categories can be set in the Weapon Proficiencies box, maybe this could be done similar to how setting a spell's tradition applies the proficiency bonus based on selections in Magic Traditions. This would be extra useful for when weapons get drag and drop. A rapier would drop with martial as its category, and the attack roll would automatically have a proficiency bonus applied based on the rank for martial weapons set on the sheet. Maybe Unarmed could be added as one of the default categories in the Weapon Proficiencies box as part of the change?
Feature Request Specialized Critical Feature Would be nice to have a feature to change the critical damage rolls, for weapons with the Deadly and Fatal traits.

Edited 1585789844
Sheet Issues - Missing Archetype Dedication Feats Description of issue :  Archetype Dedication feats are missing from the Feats section of compendium, and are not drag-and-droppable onto the character sheet.
Lucas X. said: Feature Request Specialized Critical Feature Would be nice to have a feature to change the critical damage rolls, for weapons with the Deadly and Fatal traits. I agree!  Would love to have all of the PHB weapons and armor available to just drop in, crit effects ready to roll.
Horvald said: Lorne said: I was working with the character sheet and upon leveling to 7 and gaining expert level in spell attack and spell DC it is not showing that as being added.  Not sure where the change is made to reflect going from Trained to Expert.  I assumed making the change from trained to expert in class DC would be reflected in the spell attack roll and spell dc on the spells page but it does not.  Am I missing something? Lorne, You are correct that upping Class DC to Expert does not reflect automatically into spells.  You have to go to the Spells tab, and open the drop-down for each with a click on the gear icon.  Then you can change proficiency Rank from Trained to Expert.  You have to do it separately for both Spell Attack Roll and Spell DC.    Thanks Horvald.  The interesting thing is that the character sheet I have does not have gears that I can select in these spaces.  Not sure what that's about.
@Lorne, try the fix in this post
The compendium integration can only be called as disgraceful and shameful.
Is there a possibility of getting the Stamina optional rule system implemented in this sheet?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DM said: The compendium integration can only be called as disgraceful and shameful. Sorry to read that you're disappointed with the current state of the compendium and the sheet, but please remember that this is a work in progress and that new features will be added on a regular basis.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jamie W. said: There seems to be a bug in referencing repeating actions on the npc sheet. I hope this is the right thread to report it. Here's an action called through the appropriate %{repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_action}. It incorrectly uses the NPC traits in the action rather than the ability traits. And here's the same action called by clicking the button on the character sheet (these are the appropriate values): Clearly the first version is calling @{traits} rather than @{repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_traits}. The same thing happened with interaction abilities and might happen with reactions (I didn't test those). As an aside and to add to the conversation I see going on here, I would strongly prefer to have, at the very least, the ability to show weapon traits on the npc strike, but I imagine it would be best to have it as a drop down list on the npc sheet, working the same way that the whisper toggle works. Thanks for the bug report Jamie (and Persephone). This will be fixed ASAP.
@Natha, you're welcome! I hope all my feedback comes across as constructive, I love this system and I seriously appreciate all the effort you and Cassie put into maintaining the sheet :)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: @Natha, you're welcome! I hope all my feedback comes across as constructive, I love this system and I seriously appreciate all the effort you and Cassie put into maintaining the sheet :) All your detailed bugs reports and suggestions are highly appreciated.
Just checking to make sure: When changing the spell level of a spell/cantrip in the Spells section, it doesn't auto-scale the damage, does it? That lack of automation kind of disappoints me. It would be wonderful if the caster could just adjust the spell level field and click instead of making a new spell entry and adjusting the damage every level up.
Some of them can be automated using math in the damage dice field. For example, produce flame : [[ceil(@{level}/2)]]d4 This will auto-heighten the damage dice for you. Other heighten effects tend to be a bit more complex though..

Edited 1586358917
Strange symbol on background Class(es) /  Subclass : N/A Description of issue :  I noticed today that there is a strange symbol on the background of the PF2 charactersheets (NPC and PC). Is appears to indicate a missing image or paossibly a broken reference. The issue is present on Chrome and Firefox. This issue is NOT present in the popout window. Screenshots:
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
w00kie92 said: Strange symbol on background Class(es) /  Subclass : N/A Description of issue :  I noticed today that there is a strange symbol on the background of the PF2 charactersheets (NPC and PC). Is appears to indicate a missing image or paossibly a broken reference. The issue is present on Chrome and Firefox. This issue is NOT present in the popout window. Screenshots: This was a problem regarding some images hosting, and should be fixed, AFAIK.
Natha said: w00kie92 said: Strange symbol on background Class(es) /  Subclass : N/A Description of issue :  I noticed today that there is a strange symbol on the background of the PF2 charactersheets (NPC and PC). Is appears to indicate a missing image or paossibly a broken reference. The issue is present on Chrome and Firefox. This issue is NOT present in the popout window. Screenshots: This was a problem regarding some images hosting, and should be fixed, AFAIK. The problem appears to be fixed, thank you for your quick reply.
Disabling Spell Sections & Color Scheme Class(es) /  Subclass : N/A Description of issue :  Toggling all spell sections off make character sheet unable to change the color scheme. Screenshots:
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
tre_ said: Disabling Spell Sections & Color Scheme Class(es) /  Subclass : N/A Description of issue :  Toggling all spell sections off make character sheet unable to change the color scheme. Thanks for the bug report, tre_. This will be fixed ASAP.

Edited 1586814463
Sheet Issues. I'm relatively new to roll20, and brand new to Roll20 PF2. When I was filling in my character sheet, I clicked onto "Options" and clicked on the NPC option. How do I switch it back to PC when the "options" option is not an option on the NPC version of the sheet?
@thomas p. If you scroll toward the bottom while in Edit mode, you'll see two large grey buttons labeled Spellcaster and Character. Click Character and everything should go back to normal.
Alayern said: @thomas p. If you scroll toward the bottom while in Edit mode, you'll see two large grey buttons labeled Spellcaster and Character. Click Character and everything should go back to normal. @Alayern. I just went and clicked on the edit button, but all that's there is a box for artwork , my character's name and an area to type bio & info. It's the same for all 3 options: Bio & info, Character Sheet, Atributes & Abilities.
Thomas P. said: Alayern said: @thomas p. If you scroll toward the bottom while in Edit mode, you'll see two large grey buttons labeled Spellcaster and Character. Click Character and everything should go back to normal. @Alayern. I just went and clicked on the edit button, but all that's there is a box for artwork , my character's name and an area to type bio & info. It's the same for all 3 options: Bio & info, Character Sheet, Atributes & Abilities. Click Character. Then in the top left hand corner of the sheet is a cog wheel.  If you click that it allows you to edit the NPC sheet. While that is open, scroll down until you see the option's Spellcaster and Character.
Ah! Got it! Thank you!!

Edited 1586889639
One-liner  Title : Add script capability to attack boxes in the 'Character' version of the sheet Brief  Description : Things I can do currently with NPC Attacks: Add a dropdown (such as this one + ?{MAP|0|-5|-10}) However, in Character mode, this is not possible - it doesn't recognize that script in any of the attack boxes.  I did find that if I switch between Character and NPC I can add the script and switch back.  It only remains though until the value is updated.  I don't suppose that functionality could be added to the character side?  I would like to be able to place it in temp box for the attack.  I figure ya'll will eventually add a MAP dropdown, but this would still be useful for other things (like adding bonuses on the fly without having to prompt for every roll via the options checkbox)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tuhs said: One-liner  Title : Add script capability to attack boxes in the 'Character' version of the sheet Brief  Description : Things I can do currently with NPC Attacks: Add a dropdown (such as this one + ?{MAP|0|-5|-10}) However, in Character mode, this is not possible - it doesn't recognize that script in any of the attack boxes.  I did find that if I switch between Character and NPC I can add the script and switch back.  It only remains though until the value is updated.  I don't suppose that functionality could be added to the character side?  I would like to be able to place it in temp box for the attack.  I figure ya'll will eventually add a MAP dropdown, but this would still be useful for other things (like adding bonuses on the fly without having to prompt for every roll via the options checkbox) Beyond MAP, the use of textual attribute to add a rolling/computed-on-roll formula could be nice, yes, but the end result (showing the total attack bonus) including this dynamic part could not be done in a reliable way. So, the trade-in would be: the total attack bonus shown would not include this dynamic part. Would it be still usefull in your opinion?

Edited 1586891944
Yes, that would be perfect - more options the better in my view.  In the same line, might make that an option for all the fillables for weapons. Sure it won't be part of the dynamic value, but it has other benefits too, for example, staffs have varying die sizes depending on how you wield them, in the NPC i can do this
+1 to that, echoing one of my earlier requests. Would love to have this functionality, in many other fields as well, such as putting attribute calls—with or without math—in skill modifiers
Hello all!  This is my first post, I think.  I'm wondering what is the state of Pathfinder 2e on Roll20?  For example, how much of the spells, feats, and items from the core rulebook are Drag and Drop compatible?  Also, is the charactermancer coming soon? I'm thinking of moving my group to Roll20 for our campaign in June or July, but before I commit to that I just would like to know the state of things.  Thank you!
Donald S. said: Hello all!  This is my first post, I think.  I'm wondering what is the state of Pathfinder 2e on Roll20?  For example, how much of the spells, feats, and items from the core rulebook are Drag and Drop compatible?  Also, is the charactermancer coming soon? I'm thinking of moving my group to Roll20 for our campaign in June or July, but before I commit to that I just would like to know the state of things.  Thank you! All spells, all general and skill feats from CRB.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Donald S. said: Hello all!  This is my first post, I think.  I'm wondering what is the state of Pathfinder 2e on Roll20?  For example, how much of the spells, feats, and items from the core rulebook are Drag and Drop compatible?  Also, is the charactermancer coming soon? I'm thinking of moving my group to Roll20 for our campaign in June or July, but before I commit to that I just would like to know the state of things.  Thank you! Dropping items is on the way.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 version 3.101 The sheet has been updated today with the following fixes or features: Rolling an NPC action from a macro or ability should not display main NPC traits if the action traits field is empty. Closing all settings section on the main tab, and disabling all spells sections do not prevent from changing color scheme anymore. Senses & Languages buttons can now be dragged to the macro quick bar. NPC: Perception rolls from the Macro Quick Bar don't show an error about "proficiency_display" anymore NPC: Melee and Ranged Strikes rolls now show Traits in chat PC: Feats preview shows Benefits above description
PC Sorcerer Charisma Modifier not being factored into spells AND Spell Attack call misnamed Class/Subclass: Sorcerer AND all Spellcasters making Spell Attacks Description of Issue: Tooltip when hovering over the PC charisma modifier is @attr_charisma_modifier, does not follow format standard for other modifiers. (I.E. @strength_modifier, @intelligence_modifier, etc.). In the attributes tab there is no @attr_charisma_modifier, but there is @charisma_modifier and @charisma and @charisma_score. Skills seem to be calculating correctly, but spellcasting is forced to default to Intelligence, which only works for Wizards. Also Tooltip over spell attack modifier is @spellattack, which is not present in the attributes tab, whereas @spell_attack is  in the attributes tab, and appears in the tooltip for Spell Attack Roll in the top left of the Spells tab.. Screenshots:

Edited 1586967176
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alayern said: PC Sorcerer Charisma Modifier not being factored into spells AND Spell Attack call misnamed There a mistype in the CHA mod tooltip, it should be "@{charisma_modifier}" indeed, and it will be fixed ASAP. Thanks for the report. But it's just a tooltip display, it has no effect on the actual mechanics, that are base on the charisma_modifier attribute. spellcasting is forced to default to Intelligence, which only works for Wizards. It defaults to intelligence when creating a character but it can be changed to whatever you wish and updates the global spell attack modifier ("spell_attack"). Also Tooltip over spell attack modifier is @spellattack, which is not present in the attributes tab, whereas @spell_attack  is  in the attributes tab, and appears in the tooltip for Spell Attack Roll in the top left of the Spells tab. There is a spellattack attribute per spell, it's a repeating section attribute, so it normal that it doesn't appear in attributes tab. This specific spell attribute is valued with the global attribute (spell_attack), depending on the magic tradition of the spell : - No chosen magic tradition for the spell : spell's spellattack attribute = global spell_attack - A magic tradition is set for the spell : spell's spellattack attribute = attribute modifier set in spell_attack settings + temp modifier of the spell_attack settings + proficiency modifier of the relative magic tradition :

Edited 1586967791
Natha said: Alayern said: PC Sorcerer Charisma Modifier not being factored into spells AND Spell Attack call misnamed There a mistype in the CHA mod tooltip, it should be "@{charisma_modifier}" indeed, and it will be fixed ASAP. Thanks for the report. But it's just a tooltip display, it has no effect on the actual mechanics, that are base on the charisma_modifier attribute. spellcasting is forced to default to Intelligence, which only works for Wizards. It defaults to intelligence when creating a character but it can be changed to whatever you wish and updates the global spell attack modifier ("spell_attack"). Also Tooltip over spell attack modifier is @spellattack, which is not present in the attributes tab, whereas @spell_attack  is  in the attributes tab, and appears in the tooltip for Spell Attack Roll in the top left of the Spells tab. There is a spellattack attribute per spell, it's a repeating section attribute, so it normal that it doesn't appear in attributes tab. This specific spell attribute is valued with the global attribute (spell_attack), depending on the magic tradition of the spell : - No chosen magic tradition for the spell : spell's spellattack attribute = global spell_attack - A magic tradition is set for the spell : spell's spellattack attribute = attribute modifier set in spell_attack settings + temp modifier of the spell_attack settings + proficiency modifier of the relative magic tradition : Thank you for the quick reply and clarification! Unfortunately that presents a new issue. I'm not seeing an Edit cog for Spell Attack Roll, an edit cog for Spell DC, nor the Magic Traditions section you've so kindly screencapped.
Dynamic Reference to Rolls not working So, i have over 60 monsters with token actions using this:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Second_Edition_Official#PC_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Second_Edition_Official#PC_Rolls</a> But now it doesnt work when I use: Interaction Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_interaction-abilities_$id_action} Automatic &amp; Reactive Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_action} Offensive or Proactive Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_actions-activities_action} Does it need a new code or is it a bug? Besides this error, amazing update, NPC's traits help a lot.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alayern said: Thank you for the quick reply and clarification! Unfortunately that presents a new issue. I'm not seeing an Edit cog for Spell Attack Roll, an edit cog for Spell DC, nor the Magic Traditions section you've so kindly screencapped. Are you, by chance, using the NPC sheet for a PC character? Because the NPC sheet doesn't have these options explained above.

Edited 1586968983
Using macros via&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_actions-activities_$id_action} reports error Description of Issue: When I try to use the macro linked to the appropriate token, i get the following message&nbsp; No ability was found for %{selected|repeating_actions-activities_action} I have assigned for the $id for the appropriate row and have tried using the rowid instead of the rowindex.&nbsp; These were actually working last night prior to today's update. This is using the character sheet in NPC mode, though I do not think it should matter in this case as its the same asset for both character and NPC.&nbsp; Saw your reply, made the change, they work again.
Natha said: Alayern said: Thank you for the quick reply and clarification! Unfortunately that presents a new issue. I'm not seeing an Edit cog for Spell Attack Roll, an edit cog for Spell DC, nor the Magic Traditions section you've so kindly screencapped. Are you, by chance, using the NPC sheet for a PC character? Because the NPC sheet doesn't have these options explained above. I am not, though I did convert an NPC sheet to a PC sheet for the character I took the screencaps from, this is a persistent issue across all of my game's sheets, including newly made ones. None of them have the edit cogs or spell tradition, including new sheets. I do have the default set to NPC, maybe it gets lost during the shift?

Edited 1586968941
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucas X. said: Dynamic Reference to Rolls not working So, i have over 60 monsters with token actions using this:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Second_Edition_Official#PC_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Second_Edition_Official#PC_Rolls</a> But now it doesnt work when I use: Interaction Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_interaction-abilities_$id_action} Automatic &amp; Reactive Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_free-actions-reactions_$id_action} Offensive or Proactive Abilities: &nbsp; %{selected|repeating_actions-activities_action} Does it need a new code or is it a bug? Besides this error, amazing update, NPC's traits help a lot. Very sorry Lucas, some roll buttons have been renamed due to too many buttons named the same (sometimes incorrectly) between PC and NPC code parts of the sheet, and it made using abilities or macro bar button unpredictible between PC and NPC rolls. Previous "action" buttons for the various actions repeating sections of NPCs are now named "action-npc". "item" is now "item-npc". EDIT : the wiki needs fixing. Thanks for the report.
@Alayern, try finding the 'toggle' attribute, and delete everything except for 'color: default'