Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Btw, thank you for the awesome sheet updates!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: @Alayern, try finding the 'toggle' attribute, and delete everything except for 'color: default' Agreed, try that  Alayern . There's definitively a problem when creating a NPC and switching it to PC. We are going to try to fix that ASAP. (and thanks again Persephone).
Natha said: Very sorry Lucas, some roll buttons have been renamed due to too many buttons named the same (sometimes incorrectly) between PC and NPC code parts of the sheet, and it made using abilities or macro bar button unpredictible between PC and NPC rolls. Previous "action" buttons for the various actions repeating sections of NPCs are now named "action-npc". "item" is now "item-npc". EDIT : the wiki needs fixing. Thanks for the report. That's a shame, it will take white a bit of time to change all my NPCs. I still cant figure out how to make the new repeating section, can you give me an example of one then I can figure out the rest?
Persephone said: @Alayern, try finding the 'toggle' attribute, and delete everything except for 'color: default' That worked. There was a bunch of junk in there. The sheet is now calculating correctly, but the toggles for the different magic sections are reversed. Off makes things show up, on makes them disappear. /shrug still works.
Alayern said: Persephone said: @Alayern, try finding the 'toggle' attribute, and delete everything except for 'color: default' That worked. There was a bunch of junk in there. The sheet is now calculating correctly, but the toggles for the different magic sections are reversed. Off makes things show up, on makes them disappear. /shrug still works. Try setting them all the same position (either should work) then change the toggle attribute to this: color:default,innate,focus,cantrips,normalspells I think that's how I fixed the same issue.
Is there a way to change the seed for initiative via a macro? e.g. if I wanted to have macro that would change the dropdown to Stealth, then roll initiative? Or can I force a initiative roll directly for stealth, perception, etc?
Is there a way to show heightened effects for spells when casting them? I can't get the text put in that box to print in the chat when casting a spell
I think that part is intended to just be visible on the sheet, and if you learn a heightened version of the spell you just change the main details to reflect that
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm trying to find a way to easily get the attacks and checks in either the chat log or through token actions but without having to set them up manually? In the Starfinder sheet I can pull up the abilities or attacks and in the 5e sheet I can simply use the token action script. So I don't know if there's something similar I can do with the PF2 sheet to speed up combat a bit.

Edited 1587279574
@Cristofer, I suggest the Universal Chat Menu script. You can build your own macros using the script's command, which will create a menu in chat for a selected token. I've shared my own PF2e macros for the script here . Each one is mostly independent (any that rely on other macros or scripts are specified), so you don't have to use them all if you don't wish to. Hope this helps!
@Persephone, this looks amazing I'll have to fully check it out in the morning, thanks!
I am trying to use the spell sheet but I have a problem because it creates so many macros because of the variable like heigthen or actions or silent spell attempt etc . like by example for magic missile 1 to 3 actions heighten to a number of missile multiple target Because i have no input I can create 1 macro for each one so  1 macro for 1 action, 1 macro for 2 action etc..
You can put the variables with proper notation into the description.   i.e, for Magic Missile: 1 action/Missile:   1st:  [[1d4+1]] Force dmg,  2nd:  [[1d4+1]], 3rd:  [[1d4+1]] Force dmg  Combine all missiles on one target for resistance, weakness, etc. It's not perfect, but it works.  
Feature Request One-liner  Title : Secret Roll Support Brief  Description : Pathfinder 2 has a lot of "Secret Rolls" wherein a player attempts to Recall Knowledge, Spot or Hear something, Sneak, or another such task and they are not supposed to be able to see the result. At a table, the GM would ask what their bonus is, then roll behind the screen; and we can basically do that in Roll20. But because of the functionality of Roll20, there should be an easier way. Proposal: A version of "GM Whisper" where even the player doesn't see the result of their own roll. You would toggle "Secret" on and then click, say, Perception. The GM would see the result, but everyone else, including you, would see a message like "David: Secret Perception." References : Core Rulebook pg. 450
Xan said: Feature Request One-liner  Title : Secret Roll Support Pathfinder 2 has a lot of "Secret Rolls" Proposal: A version of "GM Whisper" where even the player doesn't see the result of their own roll. You would toggle "Secret" on and then click, say, Perception. The GM would see the result, but everyone else, including you, would see a message like "David: Secret Perception." Agreed, a handy way to do it from the sheet would be nice.   In the meantime, PowerCards API has the hroll option that can work to send rolls/info only to the GM.   Another option is for the GM to have a sort of Universal Macro that they can use by selecting a character token and  doing a properly formatted GM Roll.  If the player does it, they see the result as well, but if the GM does it, only they see it.   example: /w GM ***@{Selected|Token_Name}***  Arcana:_ [[ @{Selected|arcana} + 1d20]] Religion:_ [[ @{Selected|religion} + 1d20]]  Nature:_ [[ @{Selected|nature} + 1d20]]  Occultism:_ [[ @{Selected|occultism} + 1d20]] /w GM %{selected|repeating_lore_$0_LORE}

Edited 1587534427
I've noticed that the sheet rolls critical damage. You don't roll critical damage in 2nd Edition. It simply doubles all damage that didn't come from the crit itself (bonus damage from the Deadly weapon trait would not double since it only occurs on crits, for example). See page 15 of the Core Rulebook for an example of play in which they simply double the roll, rather than roll twice. Other areas of the rules support this as well.

Edited 1587540516
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ravingdork said: I've noticed that the sheet rolls critical damage. You don't roll critical damage in 2nd Edition. It simply doubles all damage that didn't come from the crit itself (bonus damage from the Deadly weapon trait would not double since it only occurs on crits, for example). See page 15 of the Core Rulebook for an example of play in which they simply double the roll, rather than roll twice. Other areas of the rules support this as well. Hi Ravingdork. This has been discussed several times on previous topics regarding the PF2 sheet (and others). The thing is : Roll20 does not allow to re-use the result of a roll in another calculation (at least in a regular "roll to chat"). So it is not possible to catch the "normal" damage roll and multiply it by 2.  Thus, think of this attack roll pattern as you would as the IRL table: roll the attack, then use either the regular damage or critical damage roll (which uses the same roll formula as the regular damage roll, and the result is multiplied by 2), as you've just rolled it after the attack, and ignore the other.  Statistically, the odds are equal.  Furthermore, if it's not to your tastes, you can disable the automatic rolling of critical damage in the sheet options.
Natha said: Ravingdork said: I've noticed that the sheet rolls critical damage. You don't roll critical damage in 2nd Edition. It simply doubles all damage that didn't come from the crit itself (bonus damage from the Deadly weapon trait would not double since it only occurs on crits, for example). See page 15 of the Core Rulebook for an example of play in which they simply double the roll, rather than roll twice. Other areas of the rules support this as well. Hi Ravingdork. This has been discussed several times on previous topics regarding the PF2 sheet (and others). The thing is : Roll20 does not allow to re-use the result of a roll in another calculation (at least in a regular "roll to chat"). So it is not possible to catch the "normal" damage roll and multiply it by 2.  Thus, think of this attack roll pattern as you would as the IRL table: roll the attack, then use either the regular damage or critical damage roll (which uses the same roll formula as the regular damage roll, and the result is multiplied by 2), as you've just rolled it after the attack, and ignore the other.  Statistically, the odds are equal.  Furthermore, if it's not to your tastes, you can disable the automatic rolling of critical damage in the sheet options. Personally I find this the most confusing option. Multiplying by two is really easy to do, I think it makes much more sense for Crit rolls off to be the default, especially as you need to work out if things have crit yourself most of the time anyway due to the +/- 10 rules.
Natha said: Ravingdork said: I've noticed that the sheet rolls critical damage. You don't roll critical damage in 2nd Edition. It simply doubles all damage that didn't come from the crit itself (bonus damage from the Deadly weapon trait would not double since it only occurs on crits, for example). See page 15 of the Core Rulebook for an example of play in which they simply double the roll, rather than roll twice. Other areas of the rules support this as well. Hi Ravingdork. This has been discussed several times on previous topics regarding the PF2 sheet (and others). The thing is : Roll20 does not allow to re-use the result of a roll in another calculation (at least in a regular "roll to chat"). So it is not possible to catch the "normal" damage roll and multiply it by 2.  Thus, think of this attack roll pattern as you would as the IRL table: roll the attack, then use either the regular damage or critical damage roll (which uses the same roll formula as the regular damage roll, and the result is multiplied by 2), as you've just rolled it after the attack, and ignore the other.  Statistically, the odds are equal.  Furthermore, if it's not to your tastes, you can disable the automatic rolling of critical damage in the sheet options. There are ways to make a 19 also count as a 20 on attack rolls etc.  Is there a way to add an option to apply this to those rolls and show the "critical hit" text for 19 as well as 20?

Edited 1587794575
Ryn said: There are ways to make a 19 also count as a 20 on attack rolls etc.  Is there a way to add an option to apply this to those rolls and show the "critical hit" text for 19 as well as 20? I don't know about a way to do it straight from the sheet, but you can modify individual attacks into a custom macro that  will display Critical on a 19 or 20. 1.  Roll the attack,     2.  With cursor in the chat box, press the up arrow to retrieve the last message, in this case, your attack.    3.  Copy paste into an Ability on the back of the character sheet.    4.  Change the roll01 from  {{roll01=[[1d20cs20cf1 + to: {{roll01=[[1d20cs>19cf1 + 5.  Save the ability for use as a token macro, or for use on the Macro Quick bar.  Problem with this method is that it does not update as you level, or with any conditions or stat changes made to the sheet.  Perhaps someone could provide further modifications that would call to the strike on the sheet, rather than to hard-coded numbers.  Edit:  corrected the formula shown above.  Thanks Royal!
Horvald said: Ryn said: There are ways to make a 19 also count as a 20 on attack rolls etc.  Is there a way to add an option to apply this to those rolls and show the "critical hit" text for 19 as well as 20? I don't know about a way to do it straight from the sheet, but you can modify individual attacks into a custom macro that  will display Critical on a 19 or 20. 1.  Roll the attack,     2.  With cursor in the chat box, press the up arrow to retrieve the last message, in this case, your attack.    3.  Copy paste into an Ability on the back of the character sheet.    4.  Change the roll01 from  {{roll01=[[1d20cs20cf1 + to: {{roll01=[[1d20cs>18cf1 + 5.  Save the ability for use as a token macro, or for use on the Macro Quick bar.  Problem with this method is that it does not update as you level, or with any conditions or stat changes made to the sheet.  Perhaps someone could provide further modifications that would call to the strike on the sheet, rather than to hard-coded numbers.  Should be 1d20> 19 , not 18. Roll20 conflates > to be ≥, so your formula would also show a crit on an die of 18.
As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ironchestnut said: As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible? Hi Ironchestnut. Can you give us an example of an action or spell with 1 to 2 actions, please?
I wish I could tell if this has been asked before, but I'm having the hardest time searching this forum... Am I even asking in the correct forum section? Anyways... I found out how to drag and drop spells from the P2e Compendium into a P2e Roll20 Char Sheet, but I can't drag and drop items either to PCs or NPCs. No section highlights when I hover the drag over the character sheet. Exception... the NPC items section highlights, but drop won't result in the item being added to the list.
@RSQRD, item drag and drop is still in the works. Only spells and feats are supported so far.
Persephone said: @RSQRD, item drag and drop is still in the works. Only spells and feats are supported so far. Thanks for the quick reply. Where can I find these statuses for myself, instead of bugging the forum?
Natha said: Ironchestnut said: As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible? Hi Ironchestnut. Can you give us an example of an action or spell with 1 to 2 actions, please? Battle Medicine - 1 action Disable a Device - 2 Actions Many Bestiary Creatures have special actions that use 1- 2 -3 actions. Most spells use 2 actions, with summon spells using 3 What we really need is for the action symbols Paizo uses to be part of the sheet, part of the compendium, and included in the base roll20 system.
Ryn said: Natha said: Ironchestnut said: As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible? Hi Ironchestnut. Can you give us an example of an action or spell with 1 to 2 actions, please? Battle Medicine - 1 action Disable a Device - 2 Actions Many Bestiary Creatures have special actions that use 1- 2 -3 actions. Most spells use 2 actions, with summon spells using 3 What we really need is for the action symbols Paizo uses to be part of the sheet, part of the compendium, and included in the base roll20 system. Right, but the question being asked if there's a feat or activity that is specifically "1-to-2" actions, since that's what Ironchestnut is apparently asking for. But I agree on the Paizo action/free action/reaction symbols being used more through the compendium/character sheets. Otherwise, there's not much of a need for the symbols to appear on the character sheet in the first place.
Magic missile is 1-3 actions
@Fraser, there is already a 1-3 action option
Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Actions Tab Brief  Description : Would it be possible to get an Actions tab on the character sheet that has all of the universal actions every character has access to?  This would include skill actions, encounter actions, and exploration actions listed on the pages below.  The first benefit would be that it would provide a handy listing of all the actions players need to remember, while the second benefit would be that a player could click it so that no one has to look up the rules for each action.  This could come standard on every character sheet with no need to drag & drop.  This could also benefit NPCs. References : Core Rule Book pages 235, 469-472, 479-480
SageDuck said: Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Actions Tab Brief  Description : Would it be possible to get an Actions tab on the character sheet that has all of the universal actions every character has access to?  This would include skill actions, encounter actions, and exploration actions listed on the pages below.  The first benefit would be that it would provide a handy listing of all the actions players need to remember, while the second benefit would be that a player could click it so that no one has to look up the rules for each action.  This could come standard on every character sheet with no need to drag & drop.  This could also benefit NPCs. References :  Core Rule Book pages 235, 469-472, 479-480 That sounds like a fantastic idea!  I suppose someone more ambitious than I could code a series of macros that could be pasted into the Abilities section, to accomplish something similar, but an official version on the sheet itself would be better. 
I've been using this script (Pro users only) to fill the Actions repeating section with all the basic actions and activities, if anyone else wants to use it. Since it adds so many repeating items, though, use with caution, as it can cause lag when using the sheet . <a href="https://gist.github.com/Sephalopod/b7290188775b0f51e1038d385e041dd5" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/Sephalopod/b7290188775b0f51e1038d385e041dd5</a> Any actions that have requirements (like being trained or having specific tools) have a padlock emoji in the name by default. Select the player token you want to add the actions to, then use the command !ActionBatch. Make sure to only select one token at a time, or the script may crash from taking too long.
Natha said: Ironchestnut said: As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible? Hi Ironchestnut. Can you give us an example of an action or spell with 1 to 2 actions, please? Wild Morph .
@Staffan, thanks for sharing that example! If Paizo has made at least one spell that uses only 1- to 2-actions, I'd say it's likely there will be more in the future. I think that warrants adding that as an option for Action Type. +1 to adding a 1- to 2-action option to spells and actions
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Staffan J. said: Natha said: Ironchestnut said: As a request could we add a 1 to 2 action option? Also, if it is possible, would adding action symbols be possible? Hi Ironchestnut. Can you give us an example of an action or spell with 1 to 2 actions, please? Wild Morph . Thank you Staffan.

Edited 1588300584
Every time I click on a button, I'm getting "No attribute was found for" ect.&nbsp; Then it posts the roll, but without modifiers. Help please.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Quark12000 said: Every time I click on a button, I'm getting "No attribute was found for" ect.&nbsp; Then it posts the roll, but without modifiers. Help please. Can you give a more specific example, please? Like which button and the full error message with the missing attribute name, please? And is it happening on every characters in your game, PC or NPC, or just one?
Great !
Is there some way to delete a spell or feat from the character sheet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Wes Reis said: Is there some way to delete a spell or feat from the character sheet? In any section where you can add more entries dynamically, you can remove or re-order them if you press the "lock" icon at the section's bottom. This only works when the sheet is not popped out.

Edited 1588476498
Hey all!&nbsp; I've been trying to make my own secret check / DC check macro for a group of 6.&nbsp; Been running up against some problems and someone here probably knows where I've gone wrong.&nbsp; Here's the Perception macro I've been working on so far:&nbsp; /w GM &amp;{template:rolls} {{limit_height=limit-height}} {{header= Perception Check}} {{roll01_name=Player1 Check }} {{roll01= [[1d20+@{Player1|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player1|perception} ]]}} {{info01_name=Player1 Notes}} {{info01= @{Player1|perception_notes} }} {{roll02_name=Player2 Check}} {{roll02= [[1d20+@{Player2|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player2|perception} ]]}} {{info02_name=Player2 Notes}} {{info02= @{Player2|perception_notes} }} {{roll03_name=Player3 Check}} {{roll03= [[1d20+@{Player3|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player3|perception} ]]}} {{info03_name=Player3 Notes}} {{info03= @{Player3|perception_notes} }} {{roll04_name=Player4 Check}} {{roll04= [[1d20+@{Player4|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player4|perception} ]]}} {{info04_name=Player4 Notes}} {{info04= @{Player4|perception_notes} }} {{roll05_name=Player5 Check}} {{roll05= [[1d20+@{Player5|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player5|perception} ]]}} {{info05_name=Player5 Notes}} {{info05= @{Player5|perception_notes} }} {{roll06_name=Player6 Check}} {{roll06= [[1d20+@{Player6|perception} ]] DC [[10+@{Player6|perception} ]]}} {{info06_name=Player6 Notes}} {{info06= @{Player6|perception_notes} }} 1st problem: It breaks down after Roll04.&nbsp; Does the sheet just not have anything after 4 or have I messed up somewhere? 2nd problem: Initially I was seeing Info01 immediately following Roll01.&nbsp; Now all the Info lines are grouping at the bottom.&nbsp; Not sure how that happened.&nbsp; I know I'd really like each notes section to follow immediately under the roll &amp; DC, just not sure what command I should use.&nbsp;&nbsp; For anyone trying to parse this out and give answers, thank you! &nbsp; My goal is to get this one working, make them for all the skill checks &amp; saves, then make an API command button menu for them.&nbsp; Doing the work now should save quite a bit down the road when running games.&nbsp; EDIT: It looks like the template doesn't go past Roll04 or Info10.&nbsp; I guess no one foresaw someone trying to monkey with the template like I'm doing.&nbsp; Looks like this is something about which I'd need to make a feature request.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I realize this is a late reply, but we disabled the crit rolls in our game because it was disheartening to see a player roll a crit, then get a lower damage total on the crit than they would have on a regular damage roll.&nbsp; I realize from reading that there are technical limitations at play, so for us it's probably best that we disabled them, just sharing our reasoning since I hadn't seen it mentioned.
Natha said: Quark12000 said: Every time I click on a button, I'm getting "No attribute was found for" ect.&nbsp; Then it posts the roll, but without modifiers. Help please. Can you give a more specific example, please? Like which button and the full error message with the missing attribute name, please? And is it happening on every characters in your game, PC or NPC, or just one? I'm just a player, not a DM.&nbsp; It seems to have been some error in exporting it.&nbsp; It's still working fine at other tables.&nbsp; One thing I did notice, concerning critical rolls.&nbsp; When you use the "critical roll button in chat" option and you hit the button, a block comes up asking how many dice to roll.&nbsp; If you type a number in the box, it adds that number to the roll before doubling.&nbsp; It doesn't affect how many dice are rolled.&nbsp; Also, how does the sheet handle Fatal and Deadly traits?
Joshua F. said: Hey all!&nbsp; I've been trying to make my own secret check / DC check macro for a group of 6.&nbsp; Been running up against some problems and someone here probably knows where I've gone wrong.&nbsp;&nbsp; 1st problem: It breaks down after Roll04.&nbsp;&nbsp; 2nd problem: Initially I was seeing Info01 immediately following Roll01.&nbsp; Now all the Info lines are grouping at the bottom.&nbsp; Not sure how that happened.&nbsp; I know I'd really like each notes section to follow immediately under the roll &amp; DC, just not sure what command I should use.&nbsp;&nbsp; For anyone trying to parse this out and give answers, thank you! &nbsp; My goal is to get this one working, make them for all the skill checks &amp; saves, then make an API command button menu for them.&nbsp; Doing the work now should save quite a bit down the road when running games.&nbsp; EDIT: It looks like the template doesn't go past Roll04 or Info10.&nbsp; I guess no one foresaw someone trying to monkey with the template like I'm doing.&nbsp; Looks like this is something about which I'd need to make a feature request.&nbsp;&nbsp; Joshua,&nbsp; a quick fix for going beyond four players/rolls for this is to break it down into multiple lines.&nbsp; It does take up more room in the chat window that way, but you make each new character be on their own line and then post the :&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; /w GM &amp;{template:rolls} at the beginning of each new line.&nbsp; For things like saves, you could cluster all three on one line, for each character.&nbsp; Similar with groups of skills, as long as they were less than 4 rolls per line.&nbsp;&nbsp; I saw what you meant about the notes all coming at the end.&nbsp; If you have rolls on their own lines, that is mitigated as well.&nbsp;&nbsp; Happy working, hope that idea is useful!
I don't know how to find the form on here so I can make a character
@Mariah, character sheets are only accessible in a game. If you join a game, the GM will give you a character sheet to fill out. You can also create your own private game to check out the character sheet yourself.
So I see that there's a drop down in the Character sheet to use magic missile at 1, 2 or 3 actions, but I'm not sure if there's a way to make that actually cause it to roll the appropriate number of dice. I'm still pretty new to this but I have figured out how to make formulas to auto-scale spells by level (at least some of them), but I'm not sure how (if it can be done) to use the actions to change the number of dice rolled. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited 1588686688
Stephen, you are certainly not the first to&nbsp; have this question.&nbsp; There are multiple ways to accomplish this, see below for one answer.&nbsp; Others have had good solutions as well, further up in the thread.&nbsp; Stephen B. said: So I see that there's a drop down in the Character sheet to use magic missile at 1, 2 or 3 actions, but I'm not sure if there's a way to make that actually cause it to roll the appropriate number of dice. I'm still pretty new to this but I have figured out how to make formulas to auto-scale spells by level (at least some of them), but I'm not sure how (if it can be done) to use the actions to change the number of dice rolled. Thanks in advance for any help! Horvald said: You can put the variables with proper notation into the description.&nbsp;&nbsp; i.e, for Magic Missile: 1 action/Missile:&nbsp; &nbsp;1st:&nbsp; [[1d4+1]] Force dmg,&nbsp; 2nd:&nbsp; [[1d4+1]], 3rd:&nbsp; [[1d4+1]] Force dmg&nbsp; Combine all missiles on one target for resistance, weakness, etc. It's not perfect, but it works.&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; For clarity sake, I usually mark Magic Missile with the 1 to 3 actions in the Action box and just tell the GM how many actions I am spending on it before I cast it, and which creature(s) are targeted.
Is there any time frame when we will get drag&amp;drop support for items?