Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OatsMalone said: Can confirm Fraser's issue and fix above; the Bonus to Roll and Bonus to Damage queries don't work unless I input a "0" on each attack and spell's "Other" field individually, otherwise what I input in the query box doesn't modify the roll at all. Thanks for the confirmation. The fix will be available in the next sheet update.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is there a way to make the class a drop down that can be used to add/remove pages for spells, animal companion/familiar/pet, or formulas?
Love the new upgrades, but could it be possible to add the PC sheet options "Bonus to Roll, Bonus to Damage and # Damage Dice" to the NPC sheet baseline? Right now I was entering an NPC, and quickly switched to the character type sheet to make sure that 2 of those were enabled, but that kinda ruined the numbers of the NPC sheet, since the sheet assumed reduced those numbers to the untrained modifier - which would be correct if this was a player character, but is not very useful if you are entering something like a custom monster.  I suspect this was caused by this recent bug fix : Bug fix: PC/NPC switch & settings bug fix Opening various settings sections on a PC or NPC sheet, and swtiching to NPC or PC, should reset opened settings section to close, and allow to access any settings section (like spell attack or spells). Plus the sheet values are now recalculted when swtiching. "Other" action for spells
Hi

Edited 1591636133
Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Spellcasters Description of issue :  Various max fields on spells return wrong or no values when called. When using @{selected|level_1_per_day} @{selected|level_1_per_day_max} if the character can cast 3 level 1 spells per day, chat returns 3 and then no value for max. Focus points if there are 2 current and 2 maximum, @{selected|focus_points} @{selected|focus_points_max} returns 2 0  Spells per day is similar even when using repeating sections. @{selected|repeating_normalspells_$2_uses} @{selected|repeating_normalspells_$2_uses_max} returns 1 0 if the spell in the 3rd row has 1 use left out of 1 use maximum
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Erik M. said: Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Spellcasters Description of issue :&nbsp; Various max fields on spells return wrong or no values when called. When using&nbsp;@{selected|level_1_per_day} @{selected|level_1_per_day_max} if the character can cast 3 level 1 spells per day, chat returns 3 and then no value for max. Focus points if there are 2 current and 2 maximum,&nbsp;@{selected|focus_points} @{selected|focus_points_max} returns 2 0&nbsp; Spells per day is similar even when using repeating sections. @{selected|repeating_normalspells_$2_uses} @{selected|repeating_normalspells_$2_uses_max} returns 1 0 if the spell in the 3rd row has 1 use left out of 1 use maximum Hi Erik. This is not specific to the PF2 sheet but one of the charming quirks of Roll20 ;) The attribute is named "level_1_per_day_max" for example, but when calling it in a macro, you have to use "@{selected|level_1_per_day|max}" Cf.&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037256794-Macros#Macros-UsingaSelectedTokenwithaMacro" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037256794-Macros#Macros-UsingaSelectedTokenwithaMacro</a> for example.
Ah I totally missed that. Thanks for saving me from further banging my head against a wall. :)
There are a few ways to get scaling bonuses to untrained skills, is there a way on the sheet (aside from entering it into misc every level) that this is implemented?
There are any scheduled date to publish&nbsp; Alchemist support?

Edited 1591715428
The latest update breaks the 'Bonus to roll' function on PC sheets if there is not a default value added to 'Other' when setting up the attack.&nbsp; Can we please set the default value to 'other' as 0? Below is screenshot where 'other' was left blank and 'bonus to roll' was set to -4. The -4 didn't carry over to the final result. When I set 'other' to 0 it fixed this issue.&nbsp; Also, I 2nd Sebastian's suggestion for Bonus to Roll, Bonus to Damage and # Damage Dice&nbsp;being added to NPC sheets. Thanks!&nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
redeux#9667 said: The latest update breaks the 'Bonus to roll' function on PC sheets if there is not a default value added to 'Other' when setting up the attack.&nbsp; Can we please set the default value to 'other' as 0? Below is screenshot where 'other' was left blank and 'bonus to roll' was set to -4. The -4 didn't carry over to the final result. When I set 'other' to 0 it fixed this issue.&nbsp; Also, I 2nd Sebastian's suggestion for Bonus to Roll, Bonus to Damage and # Damage Dice&nbsp;being added to NPC sheets. Thanks!&nbsp; Hi redeux#9667 and thanks for your report. As said&nbsp; previously, the fix is done and will be available ASAP.
Idirian Rennard said: There are a few ways to get scaling bonuses to untrained skills, is there a way on the sheet (aside from entering it into misc every level) that this is implemented? If you mean for like&nbsp; clever improve feat etc, click trained and add a -2 modifier at 7th level or prior to that just add the half level as a mod to untrained
I would like to add my vote to the other’s that desire the MAP (multi attack penalty) buttons for each attack. For ease of play, I now have to make three complete attack entries for the same weapon, with the only difference being a modifier to the attack roll. This gets to be pretty long on the present PF2 sheet when you have more than one melee and ranged weapons. There should be some way to make three different attack buttons (hopefully labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd) under the same entry with different modifiers, for the same weapon, using the damage. This function should also carry over to the NPC attacks as they could possibly make three attacks in a single turn with the same melee or ranged attack.
Neil H. said: I would like to add my vote to the other’s that desire the MAP (multi attack penalty) buttons for each attack. For ease of play, I now have to make three complete attack entries for the same weapon, with the only difference being a modifier to the attack roll. This gets to be pretty long on the present PF2 sheet when you have more than one melee and ranged weapons. There should be some way to make three different attack buttons (hopefully labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd) under the same entry with different modifiers, for the same weapon, using the damage. This function should also carry over to the NPC attacks as they could possibly make three attacks in a single turn with the same melee or ranged attack. Me too!
RSQRD said: Neil H. said: I would like to add my vote to the other’s that desire the MAP (multi attack penalty) buttons for each attack. For ease of play, I now have to make three complete attack entries for the same weapon, with the only difference being a modifier to the attack roll. This gets to be pretty long on the present PF2 sheet when you have more than one melee and ranged weapons. There should be some way to make three different attack buttons (hopefully labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd) under the same entry with different modifiers, for the same weapon, using the damage. This function should also carry over to the NPC attacks as they could possibly make three attacks in a single turn with the same melee or ranged attack. Me too! me three It is just important that there is a field in the attack for specifying what the MAP is for the attack. on my rangers bow as an example the MAP is only -3
Neil H. said: I would like to add my vote to the other’s that desire the MAP (multi attack penalty) buttons for each attack. For ease of play, I now have to make three complete attack entries for the same weapon, with the only difference being a modifier to the attack roll. This gets to be pretty long on the present PF2 sheet when you have more than one melee and ranged weapons. There should be some way to make three different attack buttons (hopefully labeled 1st, 2nd, 3rd) under the same entry with different modifiers, for the same weapon, using the damage. This function should also carry over to the NPC attacks as they could possibly make three attacks in a single turn with the same melee or ranged attack. This would be great. But if this is implemented, it shouldn't use the same damage. Some weapons will have the damage change on the 2nd and 3rd attack. I'm thinking specifically of the forceful trait, but there may be other situations. So maybe a toggle to use a different damage calculation, or maybe a field for additional damage modifiers?
It seems that I can't drag items from the compendium to the NPC sheet. It works fine to add spells or feats to the PC sheet. Is this a known problem?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Tom P. said: It seems that I can't drag items from the compendium to the NPC sheet. It works fine to add spells or feats to the PC sheet. Is this a known problem? I don't think item drag-n-drop exists yet. Or are you saying it works for PCs?
Andreas J. said: Tom P. said: It seems that I can't drag items from the compendium to the NPC sheet. It works fine to add spells or feats to the PC sheet. Is this a known problem? I don't think item drag-n-drop exists yet. Or are you saying it works for PCs? Yes, I can drag and drop spells and feats into the PC character sheet. I cannot drag spells and feats into the NPC character sheet.

Edited 1592155050
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tom P. said: Yes, I can drag and drop spells and feats into the PC character sheet. I cannot drag spells and feats into the NPC character sheet. You can drag spells on the NPC sheet, but as for PC, you have to drop the spell on the wanted spell section. EDIT: PS: and, unless I'm mistaken, NPCs don't have Feats.
No, spells DO NOT drag to the NPC sheet for me. NPC's can have reactions and abilities that work like feats. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to drag the relevant feat to an NPC when they have them.

Edited 1592343685
How are other spontaneous casters keeping track of their spells cast by level? The current system with daily-uses works well for prepared casters, but not so much for spontaneous ones. I have trouble keeping track of how many spells I have left for each level. Is there a way that the "spell slots per day" section could be enhanced to have another column if the spontaneous checkbox is set to show spells cast? And potentially hide the uses column in the cantrips/spells section?
I had assumed that was what the first of the two fields in “spells per day” was used for. I adjust that field as I use a spell of a given level.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tom P. said: No, spells DO NOT drag to the NPC sheet for me. Can you give more details: which NPC, which spell, browser used, OS, console log perhaps ?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tom P. said: NPC's can have reactions and abilities that work like feats. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to drag the relevant feat to an NPC when they have them. Do you wish to be able to do this to build custom NPCs?
Tom P. &nbsp;said: NPC's can have reactions and abilities that work like feats. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to drag the relevant feat to an NPC when they have them. Do you wish to be able to do this to build custom NPCs? As an example of what Tom P. is describing, on p.51 of the Age of Ashes Vol. 1 Hellknight Hill adventure, there is a statted NPC/creature that lists Hunter's Aim , Twin Parry , and Twin Takedown&nbsp; &nbsp;as Actions, and simply references the corresponding Core Rulebook page number where the feat descriptions can be found. With the inclusion of these "Feats as Actions", it is heavily implied that the NPC is a ranger, but as per the change from 1e to 2e, the NPC is technically not built using PC character creation rules.&nbsp;
To give a non-AP example, there's an entire page in the Gamemastery Guide (pg. 23) that has "class road maps", with half of that page full of feat suggestions to apply to any NPC to make them act and play as a PC class.
Natha said: Can you give more details: which NPC, which spell, browser used, OS, console log perhaps ? Apologies, I was mixing up spells and other abilities. Those look like they're using the same layout as PCs, and those do work. It's just the feats. Jon B. and Ezekieru have the right of it. There are many NPCs in published Pathfinder content that use PC feats. I'm running Age of Ashes right now, and it be a real timesaver to not have to manually create the same abilities over and over.
Tom P. said: There are many NPCs in published Pathfinder content that use PC feats. I'm running Age of Ashes right now, and it be a real timesaver to not have to manually create the same abilities over and over. Tom, one thing you can do is to create a 'mule' character/NPC.&nbsp; Load it up with all the abilities you think you'll need.&nbsp; As you encounter them over time, add them to the 'mule'&nbsp; When you need to do a new sheet, just duplicate the mule instead of starting from scratch.&nbsp; It is far easier to delete un-needed abilities than to create from scratch.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Horvald said: Tom, one thing you can do is to create a 'mule' character/NPC.&nbsp; Load it up with all the abilities you think you'll need.&nbsp; As you encounter them over time, add them to the 'mule'&nbsp; When you need to do a new sheet, just duplicate the mule instead of starting from scratch.&nbsp; It is far easier to delete un-needed abilities than to create from scratch.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks, that's a feasible workaround in the short term, although long term I'd think you end up with so many abilities on there that it gets pretty unwieldy. I hope that it becomes unnecessary and we can get the ability to add feats (and, dare I dream, class abilities) able to be dragged-and-dropped to NPC reactions and abilities.
I'm putting this in as a formal feature request since it seems popular above: One-liner&nbsp; Title : Untrained Improvisation toggle Brief&nbsp; Description : There are quite a few ways in which you can change the "untrained" proficiency modifier to skill checks from "0" to "level/2" or "level". The feat Untrained Improvisation is the main general feat for this, but you also have the human ancestral feat Clever Improviser. At level 1-6, these give an untrained proficiency modifer to skills of level/2, and at level 7+ it's just level. Note that the feats only apply to skills, not to weapons or armor. References : Core Rule Book pages 268 and 57.
Is the update pushed to fix the Bonus to roll? It's been almost 3 weeks and it hasn't been fixed lmao.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 version 3.302 The sheet has been updated today with the following fixes or features: Bug fix: Opening HP settings no longer opens Resitance and Condition settings. Bug fix: Missing translation keys fix. Bug fix: on PC's strikes attack and damage rolls, when the "Other" bonus is empty, it doesn't prevent Query bonuses to be added to the roll results. Enhanced screen readers compatibility for visible/unvisible settings sections.
Time for a new thread? Or at least a new name? We are nearly at the end of Q2 of 2020 now...
Broken since last update: Individual damage rolls for weapons don't properly roll additional damage field, regardless of input. Rolls fine on attack and damage rolls

Edited 1593026551
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Symon S. said: Broken since last update: Individual damage rolls for weapons don't properly roll additional damage field, regardless of input. Rolls fine on attack and damage rolls Hi Symon. This is indeed a bug, side effect of recent changes to attacks. So, the additional damage do roll with attack + damage, but not in the damage only roll. Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience. This will be fixed ASAP.
Love the new multiple attack updates! Thank you The red font on a reddish-brown background is a bit&nbsp;hard to read. Would you please consider changing that to a higher contrast color? Much appreciated, Bryan
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bryan said: Love the new multiple attack updates! Thank you The red font on a reddish-brown background is a bit&nbsp;hard to read. Would you please consider changing that to a higher contrast color? Much appreciated, Bryan The red font is a sign of missing translation keys. This should be fixed on next update
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 version 3.4 Note: some new translation keys appear to be missing (hence the red texts on sheets in game). Sorry for the inconvenience, this will be fixed ASAP. The sheet has been updated today with the following fixes or features: The sheet now handles creating oversized tokens when dropping an NPC with exceptional size from the Compendium (like the 10 squares Mu Spore) PC Weapon Strikes now allow to make secondary and tertiary attacks with the appropriate penalties (MAP), that can be set in new options in the Options tab. New Options : 2nd attack and 3rd penalty, for normal and agile weapons New a secondary and tertiary attack buttons to strikes, accounting for penalties. New checkbox added to Strikes settings, to enabled that the weapon is Agile or not
Excellent additions! Would it be possible to add similar buttons to Attack trait spells in the future? I think it'd go a long way for those aiming to be gishes.
Sweet updates. How does one now reference the second and third attacks through macro?

Edited 1593206145
Marko, Here is code I pulled out of the chat (after 'up-arrowing' the buttons from the sheet)&nbsp; + (@{charactername|strikes_agile_map3}) add that to whatever code you already have for 3rd strike with an agile weapon + (@{charactername|strikes_map2}) Add that to code for 2nd strike on a non-agile weapon. Of course figure out the other combinations based off those two.&nbsp; I am not sure how to reference it without the individual character's name.&nbsp; I tried several combos but couldn't get it to work right.&nbsp; In my campaign, I have a player with a ranger who wanted to figure out how to use the buttons with Flurry.&nbsp; So I told him to post this in the Other field of the attack, right after the Agile checkbox: ?{Flurry|1st_atk, 0|2nd_atk, 2|3rd_atk, 4} [flurry] That will pop-up a dialog box to select which attack it is, and will then apply the appropriate math to bring the attacks in line with the Ranger Flurry ability.&nbsp; You still have to click on the correct button from the character sheet.&nbsp;
I love the 2nd and 3rd attack buttons you've added. Just curious if you're planning on implementing damage bonuses on those 2nd and 3rd attacks for forceful weapons.
Can we get those to work with NPCs?
Xathos of Varisia said: Can we get those to work with NPCs? +1 to this!
Question: How can I modify this macro to include the multiple attack penalty? %{selected|repeating_melee-strikes_$id_ATTACK-DAMAGE}
One-liner&nbsp; Title :&nbsp; Alternate Untrained Skill Bonus - Pathfinder Agent Dedication Brief&nbsp; Description : Need the ability to use an alternate minimum modifier for untrained skills. Pathfinder Agent Dedication for example grants a bonus of @{level} rather than 0 for untrained skills. I beleive there may be other feats that do similar?? References : Lost Omens World Guide, page #23

Edited 1593383701
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian W. said: Question: How can I modify this macro to include the multiple attack penalty? %{selected|repeating_melee-strikes_$id_ATTACK-DAMAGE} %{selected|repeating_melee-strikes_$id_ATTACK-DAMAGE2} and %{selected|repeating_melee-strikes_$id_ATTACK-DAMAGE3} to call the attack butonns #2 and #3. Note that you can see the button name (to be used in macros) by dragging the button to the macro quick bar:
Translation Key Issues Persistent in MAP Buttons Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : All&nbsp; Description of issue :&nbsp; I just booted up my Extinction Curse by Roill20 game to check out the nifty new MAP buttons, and while they work perfectly fine (thanks for this, my players have been needing it!) the issues mentioned above with red text. I'm not sure when this fix was/is supposed to go live, so my apologies if I'm nagging y'all while you're working on it. OS: Windows ver.&nbsp; 1909 Browser: Chrome ver.&nbsp; 83.0.4103.116
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alayern said: Translation Key Issues Persistent in MAP Buttons Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : All&nbsp; Description of issue :&nbsp; I just booted up my Extinction Curse by Roill20 game to check out the nifty new MAP buttons, and while they work perfectly fine (thanks for this, my players have been needing it!) the issues mentioned above with red text. I'm not sure when this fix was/is supposed to go live, so my apologies if I'm nagging y'all while you're working on it. OS: Windows ver.&nbsp; 1909 Browser: Chrome ver.&nbsp; 83.0.4103.116 Hi Alayern. The missing translation keys have been fixed in this week's update.