Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

keithcurtis said: Correcting the spell slots should not break charactermancer. You can test on a duplicate of the character to make sure. Thanks, I’m sorry but I don’t know how to do that.  I tried the +1 boxes down at the bottom left but that didn’t seem to do it.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Dear Matty, I am opening a ticket to investigate this issue.
I can't for the life of me remember how to add a dice roll to a text box.  Intent is to have a skill or text box have 2d10 type of damage and the roll be automatic when I select and it displays in chat window.  Please help this forgetful man.
Den, I think you mean "some text [[2d10]] some other text"? Den G. said: I can't for the life of me remember how to add a dice roll to a text box.  Intent is to have a skill or text box have 2d10 type of damage and the roll be automatic when I select and it displays in chat window.  Please help this forgetful man.
Bekah said: Sheet Issue Classes/Subclasses:  N/A; issue with spells Description: Whenever I drag and drop a new spell into a PC sheet, the spell seems to have the correct spell school applied: "Transmutation" (uppercase) for example. However, clicking the spell to put the card in chat always results in the spell showing as "abjuration" (lowercase). Going into the editor for the spell, once you click another school, it then shows in the chara sheet and spell card as the one you clicked: ex. "transmuation" (lowercase). I mention the cases because it's completely consistent: the spells that have their spell school capitalized in the character sheet always improperly show as abjuration when put in chat, and the ones that are lowercase in the character sheet don't have this issue. And dragging and dropping a spell ALWAYS results in its school showing as capitalized in the character sheet until you edit it. So, SHIT'S WEIRD. Not unfixable by any means, but very, VERY weird. GIF: I would like to just bump this if possible. I know it's mostly cosmetic but there are some cases where having accurate spell school information is important.

Edited 1593678073
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Miguel Your fix on the skill alphabetical ordering on the translated sheet made it to the server for some time But it looks like it has been lost again -- wrong branch pulled to the main trunk ? TIA for looking into this... again... ;)
Not sure if this has been requested before, but proper support for spellpoints variant rule would be an awesome addition to the sheet. Something along the lines of replacing the number of level x slots indicator with a spell cost indicator and having a large indicator for the pool of points which you drawfrom among the auto calculated DC and Spellattack mods.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Dear StéphaneD, I am so sorry to hear that. As far as I know, there were no merging problems. With that said translations are handled by another group so I am not sure if something else happened among the way. I am forwarding your issue to them right away.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi, I think I first asked for this the better part of a year ago, but is there any chance of getting this fixed? NPC Attack Description is in the wrong area. Attacks often have descriptions of effects that happen on a hit in addition to damage. When an attack with additional effects is clicked, it is placing the additional text with the attack bonus instead of the damage (or below it). This communicates that the extra text occurs on an attack rather than on a hit. The following image gives an example. The ", and the target is grappled (escape DC 12)." text should be with the damage or in a separate box below it. As part of a stat block in a PDF or book, it would look like this: Bite .  Melee Weapon Attack : +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit : 11 (2d8 + 2) piercing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 12).
There is a bug on the reliable talent roll with advantage. When i try to roll a skill check with prof and with advantange it seems not working well as u can see in screeshots

Edited 1594539144
Bags said: Is charactermancer broken? at the end the progress bar won't fill. stuck at "building your character..." for 5 mins I encounter this bug more and more often.  Certain settings of the charactermancer lead to the situation where the "review" tab of the charactermancer is completely empty and pressing the build button leads to an eternal loop of "building your character" Today for example I built a dwarven barbarian with "guild artisan" background and could narrow down that setting in the background tab the "guild business" broke the charactermancer as described above ( edited for clarity!) .  Leaving that drop-down menu unchosen the character could be built. Two other configurations that lead to this behaviour can be found here  (I posted this in the "normal" bug report forum where it was ignored I guess).  It is a very frustrating situation as it is not always possible to skip the breaking setting (for example if it is a level 3 specialization!).  Is there a chance this could be fixed? 
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Dear Vince, I will take a look at this issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vince and Bags, just checking, since this is a common stumbling block. Are the sheets that are refusing to resolve popped out into their own windows? Charactermancer can't write to the sheet in this case. The sheet must be within the VTT environment. This behavior can be toggled in the settings tab.
keithcurtis said: Vince and Bags, just checking, since this is a common stumbling block. Are the sheets that are refusing to resolve popped out into their own windows? Charactermancer can't write to the sheet in this case. The sheet must be within the VTT environment. This behavior can be toggled in the settings tab. I can confirm that they are not popped out. 

Edited 1594512536
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How are you building an 8th level Barbarian and selecting the background, out of interest? Level 1 and Level+ are separate processes. I've just built a level 1 dwarven barbarian with guild business "Glassblower" with no issues at all. I can't test the other two since I don't own the content, but it does sound like the Hunter in the Darkness has some issues, probably in the module.
Oosh said: How are you building an 8th level Barbarian and selecting the background, out of interest? Level 1 and Level+ are separate processes. Clearly, I built level 1 first before leveling. It was just phrased badly. Sorry about that. I've just built a level 1 dwarven barbarian with guild business "Glassblower" with no issues at all. I just tried it again. Still does not work for me. If these kind of bugs are - due to whatever reason - user-specific we will never get rid of them...

Edited 1594539575
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian C. said: Hi, I think I first asked for this the better part of a year ago, but is there any chance of getting this fixed? NPC Attack Description is in the wrong area. - snip - Probably the thing to ask for in this thread is: "Can we please have a {{desc}} field added to the npcdmg template?" The dmg template already has one, so attack effects can be put in there for player attacks, but there's no equivalent field in the npc one. That's probably why the effects all got thrown into the attack roll template. Unfortunately, even if the template is adjusted, changing the attacks for all the existing Compendium monsters is a fair amount of work and unlikely to happen. The 5e sheet devs are also not responsible for the Compendium content, so posting in here isn't likely to get it fixed. A workaround would be to manually cut it from the attack's description field, and paste it after the ON HIT damage type, or the ON HIT 2 damage type if both are in use for that attack. Then it will output at the end of the damage macro. Not ideal, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for a Compendium overhaul for one new template field (even if it did get added in... I'm not a sheet author and have no idea how much work it is!). For example: piercing, target is grappled in ON HIT damage type will only show up after the damage is rolled:
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince M. said: I just tried it again. Still does not work for me. If these kind of bugs are - due to whatever reason - user-specific we will never get rid of them... Unless it's content related, like the Warlock patron? It's possible one of the Compendium sources you've bought has changed the background and broken it, I guess... though it seems unlikely. Unless it's Firefox/Chrome? I'm using Firefox.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oosh said: Brian C. said: Hi, I think I first asked for this the better part of a year ago, but is there any chance of getting this fixed? NPC Attack Description is in the wrong area. - snip - Probably the thing to ask for in this thread is: "Can we please have a {{desc}} field added to the npcdmg template?" The dmg template already has one, so attack effects can be put in there for player attacks, but there's no equivalent field in the npc one. That's probably why the effects all got thrown into the attack roll template. Unfortunately, even if the template is adjusted, changing the attacks for all the existing Compendium monsters is a fair amount of work and unlikely to happen. The 5e sheet devs are also not responsible for the Compendium content, so posting in here isn't likely to get it fixed. A workaround would be to manually cut it from the attack's description field, and paste it after the Damage1 type, or the Damage2 type if both are in use for that attack. Then it will output at the end of the damage macro. Not ideal, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for a Compendium overhaul for one new template field (even if it did get added in... I'm not a sheet author and have no idea how much work it is!). No, the correct thing to ask for is what I already asked for: that the description be moved from the NPC Attack template to the NPC Damage template. There are no cases of descriptions in the "to hit" part of any NPC actions in stat blocks in WotC's printed content.The descriptions all take place after any damage in the "Hit:" portion of the action. This does not require a change to the compendium entries because the information is already correctly transferred to the description field in the NPC side of the character sheet on a compendium drop. The templates need to display the already existing attack description in the correct location for actions that have an attack roll. Take the Gibbering Mouther for instance: If the target is Medium or smaller, it must succeed on a DC 10 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is killed by this damage, it is absorbed into the mouther. Right now, this information is correctly placed in the attack action's description fieldin the NPC character sheet, but the information is incorrectly displayed in the NPC Attack template. The effect does not take place on an attack. It takes place on a hit. It should be in the NPC Damage template instead. This would also fix the NPC Action template, which is the one I actually use. I am not interested in a workaround. I am interested in the sheet maintainers finally fixing what is a bug. If it is outside of their control (i.e. sheet maintainers cannot affect roll templates), then they need to get a programmer higher up to fix it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This would indeed seem to be a situation that could be fixed by a change to the template. I while I agree that it should work that way, there would be a significant number of complaints from folks who use that template for other things. It is the 5e template best suited for presenting textual data, for instance. And excellent for creating chat menus. I would lament this change (it would be a huge amount of work to change the dozens, if not hundreds of chat menus in my game alone), but would understand that a logical presentation would take precedence. Until and if it is ever changed, at least it still works just fine for anyone who understands this quirk, or takes a moment to consider the logic. And if they are running off of the sheet itself, the intent is obvious.

Edited 1594602441
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: This would indeed seem to be a situation that could be fixed by a change to the template. I while I agree that it should work that way, there would be a significant number of complaints from folks who use that template for other things. It is the 5e template best suited for presenting textual data, for instance. And excellent for creating chat menus. I would lament this change (it would be a huge amount of work to change the dozens, if not hundreds of chat menus in my game alone), but would understand that a logical presentation would take precedence. Until and if it is ever changed, at least it still works just fine for anyone who understands this quirk, or takes a moment to consider the logic. And if they are running off of the sheet itself, the intent is obvious. Ugh, I could understand the frustration with that. Do you have an example that use the NPC Attack template? I went through the menu of the stupid tricks thread and struggled to find anything that wasn't just using the default or description template, but I have not done much with those, so I may have not known what I was looking for. EDIT: Having gone a bit deeper with this, Keith, are you calling NPC Action or NPC Attack in your menus?

Edited 1594599189
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: This would indeed seem to be a situation that could be fixed by a change to the template. I while I agree that it should work that way, there would be a significant number of complaints from folks who use that template for other things. Changing it at the sheet level would attach the entire description section to the npcdmg template instead of the npcatk template, for all description data, wouldn't it? This would change every NPC ability in the game. Attacks which don't roll damage would no longer function properly, hence my opinion that it would require manual checking of every NPC in the Compendium - some of those description fields would stay in the npcatk section the "on-hit" ones would have to be moved to a second {{desc}} field that is part of npcdmg . Would it look better for some attacks, for people using open rolls? Sure. Is removing all description data from npcatk templates the way to do it? What about people who like that output? What about non-damaging abilities? What about custom abilities that already use that description field? I completely agree that a {{desc}} field should be present for both the atk and dmg sections, as it is in the player template: I just disagree about forcing the decision to move every piece of text for every NPC attack in 5e on to every player. Here's an example from my ever-present friend the Lich, who seems to love breaking things: The target takes 2d4 acid damage at the end of its turn On a miss, the arrow splashes the target for half as much of the initial damage and no damage at the end of its next turn Changing the sheet's behaviour to attach the NPC attack description area to the npcdmg template instead of npcatk would break the functionality of this ability. The note needs to be in the atk section to tell the DM to roll damage regardless of hit or miss. And I've only checked 2 monsters.

Edited 1594604759
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oosh said: keithcurtis said: This would indeed seem to be a situation that could be fixed by a change to the template. I while I agree that it should work that way, there would be a significant number of complaints from folks who use that template for other things. Changing it at the sheet level would attach the entire description section to the npcdmg template instead of the npcatk template, for all description data, wouldn't it?  Yes, moving the description section from npcatk to npcdmg would move the description to the damage section for every NPC action that had the attack box checked. This would change every NPC ability in the game.  "Ability" is a really generic word. I am assuming you mean "action" here and elsewhere in the post since traits use a different roll template. Attacks which don't roll damage would no longer function properly,  This is not correct. There are few examples of an attack action that does not do damage, but one of them is the rug of smothering's Smother attack. Currently, if "Auto Roll Damage and Crit" is off, the description appears with the attack. If you click on the "Attack" link, a blank NPC Damage box appears (because there is no damage). The description should be in that damage box. hence my opinion that it would require manual checking of every NPC in the Compendium - some of those description fields would stay in the  npcatk  section the "on-hit" ones would have to be moved to a second {{desc}} field that is part of  npcdmg . This has nothing to do with the compendium. There is only one description field on an NPC action regardless of whether it is an attack or not (or has a damage roll), and a second description is not needed. There are 3 templates in play here as best as I can tell (anyone feel free to correct me): NPC Action: This is what is actually called when a user clicks on an NPC action. It renders differently based on whether the action is an attack or not, combining NPC Attack and NPC Damage. NPC Attack: used for the attack roll. It currently seems to do double duty when the action is not an attack by displaying the description only. NPC Damage: used when the "Attack" link on NPC Attack is clicked. What I am asking for is description to be moved from NPC Attack to NPC Damage. I do not want NPC Action's rendering to be changed when there is not an attack roll, but this would likely either require changing the NPC action template to not offload all of the work onto NPC Attack, or change the rendering so that the gap between NPC Attack and NPC Damage is not displayed when the action is not an attack. Would it look better for some attacks, for people using open rolls? Sure. It is not about looking better. It is about being correct. Is removing  all  description data from  npcatk  templates the way to do it?  Yes, because the description text in an attack action happens on a hit, not on an attack. What about people who like that output? I don't know what to do about that. The description text for an attack action happens on a hit, not on an attack. What about non-damaging abilities?  Already covered the rug of smothering's Smother action earlier. What about custom abilities that already use that description field? Actions that are not attacks, such as a dragon's Frightful Presence, should not be rendered as they are now. I completely agree that a {{desc}} field should be present for both the atk and dmg sections, as it is in the player template: That is the same description field. If it was rendered as a single attack, you would not get two descriptions. I am not aware of any place where an attack roll with a longsword needs to see a description before a hit is made. Spells can be set to always emit the description, even with an attack roll. Regardless, there is not a stat block in the Monster Manual that needs a description on the "to hit" portion of an attack action instead of the "Hit:" portion of the attack action. I just disagree about forcing the decision to move every piece of text for every NPC attack in 5e on to every player. It does not force the decision on to every player. It only affects those using the NPC sheet (usually a small subset of the Roll20 users). Here's an example from my ever-present friend the Lich, who seems to love breaking things: The target takes 2d4 acid damage at the end of its turn On a miss, the arrow splashes the target for half as much of the initial damage and no damage at the end of its next turn Changing the sheet's behaviour to attach the NPC attack description area to the  npcdmg  template instead of  npcatk  would break the functionality of this ability. The note needs to be in the atk section to tell the DM to roll damage regardless of hit or miss. And I've only checked 2 monsters. Using only part of the text from  acid arrow , one of the lich's spells, to describe a problem with an attack action obfuscates the issue. Outside of this spell (and possibly some other specific spots), 5e does not have damage on a miss, and spells use a different template (the one cited above) than actions. If there actually was an attack action that needed to see the description text on a miss, the NPC could be set to "Auto Roll Damage & Crit", or a trait could be written to cover the damage on a miss. Regardless, I do not believe a need for this will be found in the Monster Manual. The lich actually has the following action. Paralyzing Touch : Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18  Constitution  saving throw or be  Paralyzed  for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. In the current way of displaying an attack action, if "Auto Roll Damage & Crit" is off, the DM is told to have the target roll a Constitution saving throw regardless of whether the attack hit.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are correct about abilities that are not attacks - my wording was pretty lazy. They use the npcaction template like you said, and they don't output the damage section. If the description was part of the damage section, it would not output at all for non-attack abilities, due to the {{damage=}} flag not being set. Also, the Lich attack from my above post - Melf's Acid Arrow - is just one example. That would break with your proposed change. Or be "incorrect" to use your criterion. You also need to consider players using "auto roll damage" as they get a different output again ( everything uses npcaction ). Not everyone is Brian C, is what I'm trying to say. Giving more options is great, forcing a change on multiple templates for all users is not great. There are always edge cases and exceptions, and there are loads of users who do not play the way you do. But I do agree that the majority of attacks would use on-hit effects, and the description would make more sense as part of npcdmg .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Brian C. said: EDIT: Having gone a bit deeper with this, Keith, are you calling NPC Action or NPC Attack in your menus? Derp. My fault. I use npcaction, not npcatk. This would not affect any of my macros, at least. I'm sure that any change to roll templates would cause complaints from some quarter, though, humans being what they are. :)
Class(es) : Any Subclass : Any Race : Any Level(s) : 1 Description of issue :  I've noticed that in playing around during initial build in charactermancer that many of my selections will continue to provide bonuses even if I go back and change them. For example: our DM recently purchased new compendium material, and I was browsing the race selections in that tab. I selected hobgoblin, and the special attributes were added to the sheet (Ie: Proficient with all martial weapons). I then built out the character through attributes for funsies, but decided to go back and change the race to Aasimar. The Hobgoblin racial traits stayed in place throughout the rest of the build. I noticed this and cancelled and restarted (several times as I was tinkering). I noticed this with standard races also, and in fact had a human character showing half elf racial traits as well as attribute modifiers (ie: human has +1 on all stats, and he also had +2 for one stat or whatever half elf gives). These bonuses and additional traits persisted to final product of the character sheet. 
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oosh said: You are correct about abilities that are not attacks - my wording was pretty lazy. They use the npcaction template like you said, and they don't output the damage section. If the description was part of the damage section, it would not output at all for non-attack abilities, due to the {{damage=}} flag not being set. Also, the Lich attack from my above post - Melf's Acid Arrow - is just one example. That would break with your proposed change. Or be "incorrect" to use your criterion. You also need to consider players using "auto roll damage" as they get a different output again ( everything uses npcaction ). Not everyone is Brian C, is what I'm trying to say. Giving more options is great, forcing a change on multiple templates for all users is not great. There are always edge cases and exceptions, and there are loads of users who do not play the way you do. But I do agree that the majority of attacks would use on-hit effects, and the description would make more sense as part of npcdmg . I agree that npcaction needs to continue showing the description for non-attack actions. I never asked for that to be changed. It will require the sheet maintainers to have more finesse and not (apparently) just reuse a portion of npcattack every time npcaction is used. Maybe they add another template that is called for npcaction calls when the action is not an attack. Maybe they don't show the inner borders on npcattack and npcdmg and have them rendered as one box so the description is still displayed. The implementation of displaying actions that are not attacks is up to them. The existing stat blocks in every published product on the marketplace (both Roll20 licensed and 3rd party) incorrectly show that an attack's effect occurs on the attack instead of on a hit when sent to the chat window. Out of the almost 200 NPC stat blocks in the SRD, a third of them have an attack with an effect that occurs on a hit. In "Making an Attack" under "3. Resolve the attack.", the rules state that you roll damage on a hit, unless the particular attack has rules that specify otherwise. The next sentence then explains that some attacks have an effect instead of or in addition to the damage. So everything happens on a hit. Someone could argue that the "rules that specify otherwise" means there could be attacks with an effect on a miss, but no WotC published stat block supports this. If the sheet maintainers want to support an edge case that contravenes this convention, they can invest the time in that, but the bug should be fixed first. I realize that not everyone is me. I don't understand your resistance to having this fixed (and you are under no obligation to help me understand). However, I it is my understanding that fixing this bug would not cause the problems that seem to concern you. There are no changes needed to the compendium. The description on the NPC action is used differently depending on whether the action is an attack or not. One description field is sufficient. The output of actions without an attack roll should not be changed. It is within the abilities of the programmers to present the description differently dependent on the context. 5e has everything in an action with an attack roll occur on a hit.  However: There is a bug that should be fixed. It is reasonable to infer that the bug affects a majority of 5e games on Roll20. The adverse effects of fixing this bug are theoretical at best and minimal at worst.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Dear Brian, Keith and Oosh, I'll see what can be done around adding the desc info to npc templates. With that said, I am under the impression we are still "brainstorming" it. Would you mind writing down a more concrete suggestion? Cheers,

Edited 1594760858
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Miguel said: Dear Brian, Keith and Oosh, I'll see what can be done around adding the desc info to npc templates. With that said, I am under the impression we are still "brainstorming" it. Would you mind writing down a more concrete suggestion? Cheers, Move description from npcattack to npcdmg. There are no cases of a published monster that have the extra effect occur on the attack. They only occur on a hit. The description should be below the damage. Keep the appearance of npcaction the same as it currently is when the action is not an attack. Brian C. said: Hi, I think I first asked for this the better part of a year ago, but is there any chance of getting this fixed? NPC Attack Description is in the wrong area. Attacks often have descriptions of effects that happen on a hit in addition to damage. When an attack with additional effects is clicked, it is placing the additional text with the attack bonus instead of the damage (or below it). This communicates that the extra text occurs on an attack rather than on a hit. The following image gives an example. The ", and the target is grappled (escape DC 12)." text should be with the damage or in a separate box below it. As part of a stat block in a PDF or book, it would look like this: Bite .  Melee Weapon Attack : +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.  Hit : 11 (2d8 + 2) piercing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 12).
Class(es) : Warlock Subclass :  Race : Half-Elf Level(s) : 3 Description of issue : The three cantrips I chose for Pact of the Tome were never put onto my sheet.
Good afternoon everyone!  There is a typo for the monster Merregon from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.  Where Magical Resistance is explained, it says that "hellfire engine" instead of Merregon.  Let me know if this isn't the correct place to report changes like this! 

Edited 1594760737
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Danielle said: Good afternoon everyone!&nbsp; There is a typo for the monster Merregon from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.&nbsp; Where Magical Resistance is explained, it says that "hellfire engine" instead of Merregon.&nbsp; Let me know if this isn't the correct place to report changes like this!&nbsp; Not to mention Devil's sight talks about the "amnizu". Anyway, this thread is for the Roll20 5e character sheet. You want to put your support request here and choose "I want to report a bug about an official Roll20 marketplace item.": <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a>
Is there a way to get notified when the D&amp;D 5E DMG is added to Roll20? I see no reason to spend a dime on Roll20 if I can't even get all the core materials to start with.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can subscribe to email notifications on your account page, or follow Roll20 on twitter/facebook, but I don't think there is anything like a single product notification. The former would probably contain info on the DMG whenever it is announced.
Brian C. said: Danielle said: Good afternoon everyone!&nbsp; There is a typo for the monster Merregon from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.&nbsp; Where Magical Resistance is explained, it says that "hellfire engine" instead of Merregon.&nbsp; Let me know if this isn't the correct place to report changes like this!&nbsp; Not to mention Devil's sight talks about the "amnizu". Anyway, this thread is for the Roll20 5e character sheet. You want to put your support request here and choose "I want to report a bug about an official Roll20 marketplace item.": <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> I didn't even catch the Devil's sight one! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The forum title that this thread is listed under is called "character sheet and compendiums" so I took a chance. That being said, didn't know the bug report option existed, and both typos were included.&nbsp; Thanks again!&nbsp;

Edited 1594849688
I'm new so not sure about anything... I used the Charactermancer to create a tiefling lvl1 warlock using all the SRD options. She has the Eldritch Blast cantrip (of course) listed in her Spells but it is not in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section in the Core part of the sheet. Clicking Eldritch Blast from spells lists the description of it but doesn't roll an attack. Her Chill Touch cantrip works fine. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix it? Surely a warlock without Eldritch blast is a bug? Edit: using D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet template.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
t00tie said: I'm new so not sure about anything... I used the Charactermancer to create a tiefling lvl1 warlock using all the SRD options. She has the Eldritch Blast cantrip (of course) listed in her Spells but it is not in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section in the Core part of the sheet. Clicking Eldritch Blast from spells lists the description of it but doesn't roll an attack. Her Chill Touch cantrip works fine. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix it? Surely a warlock without Eldritch blast is a bug? Edit: using D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet template. It sounds like Eldritch Blast is being treated like a spell card instead of an attack. On the spell page, click the "i" to expand Eldritch Blast. Click the cog to show its options. Switch the output from spell card to attack. Click the cog and the "i" to collapse everything. ??? Profit (I hope)
Brian C. said: t00tie said: I'm new so not sure about anything... I used the Charactermancer to create a tiefling lvl1 warlock using all the SRD options. She has the Eldritch Blast cantrip (of course) listed in her Spells but it is not in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section in the Core part of the sheet. Clicking Eldritch Blast from spells lists the description of it but doesn't roll an attack. Her Chill Touch cantrip works fine. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix it? Surely a warlock without Eldritch blast is a bug? Edit: using D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet template. It sounds like Eldritch Blast is being treated like a spell card instead of an attack. On the spell page, click the "i" to expand Eldritch Blast. Click the cog to show its options. Switch the output from spell card to attack. Click the cog and the "i" to collapse everything. ??? Profit (I hope) Thank you, that was the issue. I had to add damage (1D10) and damage type (force) to get it to roll correctly but no idea how to get it right for higher levels. Should I file a bug report somewhere or is this post enough?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
t00tie said: Brian C. said: t00tie said: I'm new so not sure about anything... I used the Charactermancer to create a tiefling lvl1 warlock using all the SRD options. She has the Eldritch Blast cantrip (of course) listed in her Spells but it is not in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section in the Core part of the sheet. Clicking Eldritch Blast from spells lists the description of it but doesn't roll an attack. Her Chill Touch cantrip works fine. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix it? Surely a warlock without Eldritch blast is a bug? Edit: using D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 character sheet template. It sounds like Eldritch Blast is being treated like a spell card instead of an attack. On the spell page, click the "i" to expand Eldritch Blast. Click the cog to show its options. Switch the output from spell card to attack. Click the cog and the "i" to collapse everything. ??? Profit (I hope) Thank you, that was the issue. I had to add damage (1D10) and damage type (force) to get it to roll correctly but no idea how to get it right for higher levels. Should I file a bug report somewhere or is this post enough? If the cantrip progression is set to "Beam" it should be ready to go. I don't know what the setup for the spell from Charactermancer should have been, although I would have thought that setting it to attack rather than spellcard would have been the default.
Is there a limit on the number of attributes that can be added to the character sheet.&nbsp; 1000? 64k? Until the browser crashes?
Minor thing, but would it be possible for Monsters with spellcasting to come out with their spells prepared and their spell slots full?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Taylor B. said: Minor thing, but would it be possible for Monsters with spellcasting to come out with their spells prepared and their spell slots full? It's not an official solution, but since you are a pro user, here are a pair of chatsetattr macros that will set and unset all spells on most characters, PC or NPC. There are a number of rest scripts in the repo now. My own does not handle spell slots, since I leave that part to the official companion script (which it turns out does not handle slots for NPCs.)
Thank you keithcurtis. That helps. I might see if I can figure out the "slots expended" question
Can the magic items tables get a little more TLC? If you search the Compendium for "Magic Items Table", you get the minor and major item tables. Some items have links to their descriptions (very useful). Some do not. In fact, some links are to the individual concepts that make up a magic item name. For example, Armor of Resistance includes hyperlinks to "Armor" (item) and "Resistance" (spell). Belt of Hill Giant Strength includes links to "Hill Giant (monster) and "Strength" (ability score). Not very useful.&nbsp;
I'm new to API and sheet development, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question. Why are there attributes defined for NPCs separately from player characters? For example, why is there 'AC' and 'npc_AC'? This separation makes it seem impossible to write a macro that handles attacks properly, and when coding API calls you always need to check the isNPC flag all the time. Further, is there a 'resistances' for player characters to correspond to 'npc_resistances'?
Is there any solution on the horizon to pay roll20.net a reasonable amount of $$ for digital content already purchased on dndbeyond.com.&nbsp; I simply cannot afford to spend the money again, and I won't. It would be super great if the content was available for less than the full price of each book, especially if you have already purchased each book.
Dan D. said: Is there any solution on the horizon to pay roll20.net a reasonable amount of $$ for digital content already purchased on dndbeyond.com.&nbsp; I simply cannot afford to spend the money again, and I won't. It would be super great if the content was available for less than the full price of each book, especially if you have already purchased each book. roll20 will be paying a license fee to WOTC, not dndbeyond. So that is your possible route to getting discounts, but unless WOTC allow linking of accounts (like Paizo + LWD) there's no way to know which products you've already purchased from WOTC.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ron H. said: Why are there attributes defined for NPCs separately from player characters? For example, why is there 'AC' and 'npc_AC'? This separation makes it seem impossible to write a macro that handles attacks properly, and when coding API calls you always need to check the isNPC flag all the time. Further, is there a 'resistances' for player characters to correspond to 'npc_resistances'? NPC's don't function the same way a PC does. Many NPC's have flat AC values that are arbitrarily determined when they're created. They don't correspond to [[ {armor} + {dexterity_mod} ]] like the player version, so they need a different Attribute. If {ac} was used for NPC's the sheets would calculate their AC and it wouldn't match the Compendium stats. The same goes for skill rolls and saves - NPC's don't use proficiency scaling, and their skills/saves are flat bonuses that don't require calculating. I think you'd have to create your own Resitances Attribute and reference it in macros. It isn't mathematically functional, so I guess it was decided it wasn't useful enough to give it its own section on the sheet - class and racial resistances go in the Features &amp; Traits section. I guess the other reasoning would be that players should be able to remember their resistances, but the DM can't be expected to remember 100 npc resistances.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ron H. said: Why are there attributes defined for NPCs separately from player characters? For example, why is there 'AC' and 'npc_AC'? To go another step past what Oosh has mentioned, the npc stats are there so that when you create an npc, it doesn't trigger sheetworker scripts in an effort to reduce the data/calculation "weight" of the game.&nbsp; Since your npcs will (most likely) vastly outnumber the PCs, the npcs are made as simply as possible for that reason.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kraynic said: Ron H. said: Why are there attributes defined for NPCs separately from player characters? For example, why is there 'AC' and 'npc_AC'? To go another step past what Oosh has mentioned, the npc stats are there so that when you create an npc, it doesn't trigger sheetworker scripts in an effort to reduce the data/calculation "weight" of the game.&nbsp; Since your npcs will (most likely) vastly outnumber the PCs, the npcs are made as simply as possible for that reason. This makes perfect sense, but it does make coding a pain in the neck, particularly when attribute names don't consistently follow a standard naming convention.