Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Edited 1598380249
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Hey KingdomKey, do your global modifiers have the Critical Damage field filled in? If not, the sheetworker will try to calculate the critical damage from whatever you have inputed in the damage field. As mentioned before here in this thread, the code that does this calculation has problems dealing with complex formulas.

Edited 1598380096
Miguel said: Hey KingdomKey, do your global modifiers have the Critical Damage field filled in? If not, the sheetworker will try to calculate the critical damage from whatever you have inputed in the damage field. As mentioned before here in this thread, the code that does this calculation has problems dealing with complex formulas. I do have them filled in, sorry i should've shown that initially.   Sneak attack is the only "complex" formula, but as I showed previously it doesn't seem to have an issue calculating the sneak attack crit damage, it just ignores the damage for the other modifier the full text of the sneak attack crit damage is  [[round(@{base_level}/2)]]*6
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Thanks, KingdomKey. I was able to duplicate the described behavior and will take a look at what is causing the issue.
All, I found a bug with Ammo tracking - tracked ammo can go negative. Class: doesn't matter Description: When I enable ammo tracking for a character, and link an attack to a resource, ammo tracking works as expected, and shows "<resource_name>: <number> LEFT" until there are 0 left. After that point, an attack with that weapon shows "OUT OF AMMO", and the resource continues to decrement through negative numbers. For ammo with weight, encumbrance decreases. This happens both with and without a max value set for the resource Edge Case:  If I setup multiple resources, e.g. "Arrows, 3" for ammunition, and I had only 1 Arrow left, the current behavior will show "OUT OF AMMO", and set the resource to, in this example, -2. This allows me to do something appropriate for a not-enough-ammo attack, and to do the math to know exactly how much ammo I am short. Desired Behavior: When ammo is too low (0, or less than needed for an attack), show the "OUT OF AMMO" message (as now), and do not decrement the resource if it is already 0 or negative. Other Acceptable Behavior:  First, when ammo is 0 or less, show the "OUT OF AMMO" message (as now), and do not decrement the resource. Spell slot tracking works this way now. Second, when ammo is lower than needed for an attack, but greater than 0, EITHER: show a message "NOT ENOUGH AMMO (<current resource>)", and do not decrement the resource, OR: show a message "OUT OF AMMO" and decrement the resource to <current resource> <minus> <needed ammo>. Steps to Replicate: Create a character. Set Character to not NPC, Ammo Tracking to "ON". Drop a shortbow from compendium. Drop Arrows from compendium (you will have 1, and a resource will be created). Set shortbow attack details to explicitly use "Arrows". Click on shortbow in character sheet to attack See chat messages, both the attack, and "Arrows: 0 LEFT" Observe that Arrows resource changes from 1 to 0 in resource and equipment Click on shortbow in character sheet to attack again See chat messages, both the attack, and "OUT OF AMMO" Observe that Arrows resource changes from 0 to -1 in resource and equipment
I see this in the latest changelog (25th August)... "Support for NPC attack damage rolls" Can someone explain exactly what this change is?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alan said: I see this in the latest changelog (25th August)... "Support for NPC attack damage rolls" Can someone explain exactly what this change is? My understanding is that there was an unsupported feature where you could mark an NPC Action as an attack, fill in the damage, and untick the attack box, and you would get the description along with the damage roll. It was lost in the transition of the description from the npcattack to npcdamage template. This makes it a supported feature of the sheet.

Edited 1598449130
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Let me try to shed some light over it. Besides what Brian has explained above, a damage and a damage type were also added as optional fields to non-attack actions: you don't need to hack you way into ticking and unticking things. When this field is filled, the damage will be rolled automatically when the action is triggered(see image below). This fixes the issue presented  here  by Vince M.
Thanks for the explanation.  One strange thing I did notice is that it rolls twice as many 3D dice than you enter in the damage box.  E.g. If I enter 2d6 damage, then 4d6 3D dice get rolled. Miguel said: Let me try to shed some light over it. Besides what Brian has explained above, a damage and a damage type were also added as optional fields to non attack actions; you don't need to hack you way into ticking and unticking things. When this field is filled in the damage will be rolled automatically when the action is called(see image below). This fixes the issue presented  here  by Vince M.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Alan, Any time you make a roll, the roller has to roll ALL the dice possible: crit damage, Advantage (for 5e) and so forth. The sheets use roll templates to hide any results that you don't need: If you don't crit, you don't see extra damage. The 3d roller is just a physics engine that runs off of the dice roll. It doesn't understand hiding dice (and probably couldn't do it, being a physics engine). So it displays all possible dice. The roll template knows which die was which, but the user has no way of telling. There has been talk of revamping the roller, but I wouldn't wait for that to happen. Until then, I'd say turn them off if they bug you.
Thanks Keith.  I don't recall ever seeing this behaviour before though, and there is no way that those damage rolls can crit.  keithcurtis said: Hi Alan, Any time you make a roll, the roller has to roll ALL the dice possible: crit damage, Advantage (for 5e) and so forth. The sheets use roll templates to hide any results that you don't need: If you don't crit, you don't see extra damage. The 3d roller is just a physics engine that runs off of the dice roll. It doesn't understand hiding dice (and probably couldn't do it, being a physics engine). So it displays all possible dice. The roll template knows which die was which, but the user has no way of telling. There has been talk of revamping the roller, but I wouldn't wait for that to happen. Until then, I'd say turn them off if they bug you.

Edited 1598452463
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I haven't tried with the recent revisions to the action/attack templates, since I normally have 3d Dice turned off, but that is the way they have always worked (i.e. rolling every die that might be needed). In other words, I don't know if the newest version of the template is calling for more dice than it displays, but it seems likely if the 3d Dice are more than expected.

Edited 1598453585
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Miguel said: Let me try to shed some light over it. Besides what Brian has explained above, a damage and a damage type were also added as optional fields to non-attack actions: you don't need to hack you way into ticking and unticking things. When this field is filled, the damage will be rolled automatically when the action is triggered(see image below). This fixes the issue presented  here  by Vince M. Not knowing about this feature before the update, I am really enjoying it now. I am quickly updating all the relevant monsters for my next marketplace adventure. Having a hell hound that actually rolls 6d6 fire damage for its fire breath, healing from a deva's healing touch, etc. is really nice.

Edited 1598453992
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Alan, as Keith mentioned 3D dice have this problem. This was fixed for skills, tools and saving throws (not 100% sure about the last one) not long ago. Things like advantage rolls, crits and etc. that were included in the default roll, which were hidden by the template when not used, were discarded in favor of dynamically generating the roll query, on certain key events, using just the actual dice needed. This was a big refactoring, at the time skills were a priority because we had a couple of things affecting the same piece of code: reliable talent, jack, proficiency die optional rule and etc. Brian, I am glad to hear you already found a use for the new feature ;)
Miguel said: Let me try to shed some light over it. Besides what Brian has explained above, a damage and a damage type were also added as optional fields to non-attack actions: you don't need to hack you way into ticking and unticking things. When this field is filled, the damage will be rolled automatically when the action is triggered(see image below). This fixes the issue presented  here  by Vince M. Thank you so much, Miguel, it works now perfectly, also in my old games. Much appreciated. :-)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I saw this good idea from /u/lettucewrap4 on the subreddit. They would like a chat bubble on spells that would send the spell card to the chat window without casting the spell (so the companion script does not fire). This would allow people to quickly show the spell text to everyone without rolling dice on attack spells, and there are probably other uses too. Their image:
I want this too!!!! :-) Brian C. said: I saw this good idea from /u/lettucewrap4 on the subreddit. They would like a chat bubble on spells that would send the spell card to the chat window without casting the spell (so the companion script does not fire). This would allow people to quickly show the spell text to everyone without rolling dice on attack spells, and there are probably other uses too. Their image:
+1 Vince M. said: I want this too!!!! :-) Brian C. said: I saw this good idea from /u/lettucewrap4 on the subreddit. They would like a chat bubble on spells that would send the spell card to the chat window without casting the spell (so the companion script does not fire). This would allow people to quickly show the spell text to everyone without rolling dice on attack spells, and there are probably other uses too. Their image:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This user would like  it too. As would I. It should post in a manner that makes it clear the spell is not actually being cast, though.
Another +1 for me from me too.
+1. Going to agree with this one. My spellcasting players struggle with this every time they play.

Edited 1598864033
Class(es) /  Subclass : Chronurgy Wizard (EGtW) Description of issue :  I'm trying to update my character sheet so that it will automatically include the Intelligence mod bonus to initiative rolls that is provided by the "Temporal Awareness" subclass feature. I'm doing this manually, not through the charactermancer. I've entered "+@{intelligence_mod}" into the "initiative modifier" in the settings section of a character sheet, but it doesn't change the initiative roll for some reason. I've played around with this to see if i can get it to add any other stats to the initiative roll and nothing seems to work, unless you are simply putting an integer into the "initiative modifier" field, nothing seems to change the number that appears in @{initiative_bonus} on the core page of the character sheet. I have also tried entering +@{dexterity_mod}+@{intelligence_mod} just incase it was only using my Int instead of Int + Dex, and both times it would only show a 3 above Initiative, rather than 6. Screenshots: This is with +@{intelligence_mod} entered where you can see +@  

Edited 1598870715
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you change the Attribute @{initiative_bonus} it should work - it won't look great on the sheet as the initiative box doesn't do any parsing, but it will roll correctly. Changing your Dexterity modifier, or anything else that recalculates your Initiative will unfortunately reset it, so it isn't the best workaround, but the math will be right. It would be nice if those modifier fields under Settings allowed Attribute calls, though, I agree.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If changing any other part of the sheet requires resetting the mod, you might as well set it with an integer, and just remember to update it when your ability score changes.
keithcurtis said: If changing any other part of the sheet requires resetting the mod, you might as well set it with an integer, and just remember to update it when your ability score changes. I ran into this issue recently as well and just resorted to integers. One other problem I had... When multiclasing as Gloomstalker Ranger / Swashbuckling Rouge (which both give you an initiative bonus), the charactermancer overwrote the initiative bonus instead of adding them together.  So after levelling up I only had the initiative bonus of the Swashbuckler, not Gloomstalker + Swashbuckler.
Nick D. said: Class(es) /  Subclass : Chronurgy Wizard (EGtW) Description of issue :  I'm trying to update my character sheet so that it will automatically include the Intelligence mod bonus to initiative rolls that is provided by the "Temporal Awareness" subclass feature. I'm doing this manually, not through the charactermancer. I've entered "+@{intelligence_mod}" into the "initiative modifier" in the settings section of a character sheet, but it doesn't change the initiative roll for some reason. I've played around with this to see if i can get it to add any other stats to the initiative roll and nothing seems to work, unless you are simply putting an integer into the "initiative modifier" field, nothing seems to change the number that appears in @{initiative_bonus} on the core page of the character sheet. I have also tried entering +@{dexterity_mod}+@{intelligence_mod} just incase it was only using my Int instead of Int + Dex, and both times it would only show a 3 above Initiative, rather than 6. Screenshots: This is with +@{intelligence_mod} entered where you can see +@   This has been an issue since day 1.  At least 5 different classes/subclasses have variable initiative mods and have since the PHB.  This should have been addressed years ago.  

Edited 1598914625
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This has me curious. In the PHB, Barbarians get advantage on initiative at level 7 (which is covered). Rogues get to act again at initiative -10 at level 17 on the first round.  Neither of these is really variable. Which PHB subclasses have variable initiative? Toshimo said: This has been an issue since day 1.  At least 5 different classes/subclasses have variable initiative mods and have since the PHB.  This should have been addressed years ago.  
Is it possible they are referring to class features like the Ranger Gloom Stalker? At 3rd level, you master the art of the ambush. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier . keithcurtis said: This has me curious. In the PHB, Barbarians get advantage on initiative at level 7 (which is covered). Rogues get to act again at initiative -10 at level 17 on the first round.  Neither of these is really variable. Which PHB subclasses have variable initiative? Toshimo said: This has been an issue since day 1.  At least 5 different classes/subclasses have variable initiative mods and have since the PHB.  This should have been addressed years ago.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I assumed so, but Gloom Stalker is not PHB. Outside of the PHB, Gloom Stalker Ranger, Swashbuckler Rogue, Chronurgy Wizard and War Wizard are the only ones I can see that get a variant initiative formula. Chronurgy Wizard is not AL legal, but even if we include it, that's 4.
keithcurtis said: I assumed so, but Gloom Stalker is not PHB. Outside of the PHB, Gloom Stalker Ranger, Swashbuckler Rogue, Chronurgy Wizard and War Wizard are the only ones I can see that get a variant initiative formula. Chronurgy Wizard is not AL legal, but even if we include it, that's 4. Hm, the PHB adds: Bard, Champion Fighter, and Fiend Patron Warlock so that makes 7 Magic Items that can add to initiative include: The Sword of Kas and any artifact with the Guardian minor property. Spells like Guidance can add to initiative; the Alert feat adds +5. So that's at least 11 cases unless I missed something. And that doesn't count anything homebrewed or unofficial like the Blood Hunter.  
keithcurtis said: This has me curious. In the PHB, Barbarians get advantage on initiative at level 7 (which is covered). Rogues get to act again at initiative -10 at level 17 on the first round.  Neither of these is really variable. Which PHB subclasses have variable initiative? Toshimo said: This has been an issue since day 1.  At least 5 different classes/subclasses have variable initiative mods and have since the PHB.  This should have been addressed years ago.   PHB: Bards and Champions XGE: Gloom Stalker, Swashbuckler, War Wizard EGW: Chronurgist

Edited 1598979806
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Toshimo said: keithcurtis said: This has me curious. In the PHB, Barbarians get advantage on initiative at level 7 (which is covered). Rogues get to act again at initiative -10 at level 17 on the first round.  Neither of these is really variable. Which PHB subclasses have variable initiative? Toshimo said: This has been an issue since day 1.  At least 5 different classes/subclasses have variable initiative mods and have since the PHB.  This should have been addressed years ago.   PHB: Bards and Champions XGE: Gloom Stalker, Swashbuckler, War Wizard EGW: Chronurgist We were limiting to character classes of the PHB (I did mention the others, though, for completeness). Bards are covered—Jack of All Trades is already an option on the sheet and it does affect initiative. That leaves only Champions. That's one more than I thought there was. I agree that there should be the ability to put a formula in there (though that might cause problems with programmatically setting the value, since I am almost certain the formula would right the integer value to a hidden attribute via sheetworker), and would likely only cover one case. BTW, I hope this didn't come off as combative. I was intrigued by the statement, because I did not think there were any PHB classes whose initiative values were not covered by the sheet. (and technically they are covered, just not automatically or formulaically.) Edit : and the Fiend Pact Warlock. Thanks, Saul. They can add a roll to their initiative, which would be slightly more problematic than a formula, since the initiative value is a figured value. I.e. (it displays as an integer value on the front page, and is doubtless used as-is in the initiative roll). Thanks for the spells, too, but the issue was characters. Spells are really situational and can probably just be handled manually when they occur.
This might sound like a dumb question, but I wanted to know if there was a way to manually implement the mechanics for the "Medium Armor Master" feat. The feat changes the max dex of Medium Armor fro +2 to +3, but I don't know how or where I could find the settings to make it so any medium armor they wear automatically has the new Max Dex. If there isn't a way to do that, I think I have a solution in mind, but I just wanted to see if there was a fancier way of doing this.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In your inventory, the item mods would look something like this: Item Type: Medium Armor, AC: 15 If you have a +3 dexterity_mod, I'd just bump the AC to 16. That'll effectively give you +1 AC just with that armor - you'd have to modify any piece of medium armor you switch to. You could also remove the Medium Armor type, but that would allow you to get +4 or more if your Dex increases further.
Trunkdorf said: This might sound like a dumb question, but I wanted to know if there was a way to manually implement the mechanics for the "Medium Armor Master" feat. The feat changes the max dex of Medium Armor fro +2 to +3, but I don't know how or where I could find the settings to make it so any medium armor they wear automatically has the new Max Dex. If there isn't a way to do that, I think I have a solution in mind, but I just wanted to see if there was a fancier way of doing this. Couldn't you also just use the Global Modifier for AC on your sheet. Give the Value 1  and then name it Med. Armor Master ? Then no matter the medium armor you get, it'd always be a boost of plus one. Youd have to be mindful about armor use and the Details of them, i.e. Heavy or Doffed oreven armors that didnt add dex to your AC. Youd just toggle off and on if need be. I tried dropping the actual Feat from the Compendium on the sheet but it doesn't adjust the players ability to add 3 instead of 2 for certain armors.
Hey folks, I know the charactermancer allows to have custom races and custom classes while generating a new character. Now I wonder: Is there a way to keep the data and add this race or class to the list of available races or classes? From what I've seen and tried, I think the answer is no but you guys are way more knowledgeable then I'll ever be. Cheers!
After adding a basic healing potion to the sheet, I don't see where to click to send it to the chat and roll the 2d4+2?
TheWebCoder said: After adding a basic healing potion to the sheet, I don't see where to click to send it to the chat and roll the 2d4+2? I set the "has an attack" and "use as a resource" for Potion of Healing. In the attack, no checked attack roll, set damage 2d4+2 and type to "Healing",  and set ammo type to "Potion of Healing". That seems to work.
Fluffy5789 said: TheWebCoder said: After adding a basic healing potion to the sheet, I don't see where to click to send it to the chat and roll the 2d4+2? I set the "has an attack" and "use as a resource" for Potion of Healing. In the attack, no checked attack roll, set damage 2d4+2 and type to "Healing",  and set ammo type to "Potion of Healing". That seems to work. Nice, thanks for the work around. I found some custom macros too. Some feature requests for the sheet author: Healing items that adjust the character's hit points, even if the API is required. A setting to switch single inspiration into multiple inspirations, i.e. enter a number value. Spells cast from the attack panel output all of the spell information, i.e. action type, area, description, etc. As a DM, I have to keep another resource open to know the nuances of my player's spells. Thank you.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
TheWebCoder said: Some feature requests for the sheet author: Healing items that adjust the character's hit points, even if the API is required. A setting to switch single inspiration into multiple inspirations, i.e. enter a number value. Spells cast from the attack panel output all of the spell information, i.e. action type, area, description, etc. As a DM, I have to keep another resource open to know the nuances of my player's spells. Thank you. I would prefer to not see number 2 implemented, as that would alter the sheet to support a (presumably seldom-used) house rule. Multiple inspiration can already be tracked under resources. For number 3, you might like this idea that someone on Reddit suggested. Brian C. said: I saw this good idea from /u/lettucewrap4 on the subreddit. They would like a chat bubble on spells that would send the spell card to the chat window without casting the spell (so the companion script does not fire). This would allow people to quickly show the spell text to everyone without rolling dice on attack spells, and there are probably other uses too. Their image:
2. could be a setting which would default to the current experience. For those that don't want to use it, nothing would change. Everyone I play with since 5e came out has used some kind of variant inspiration rules, so it's always used in my gaming circle. It was also a popular enough request that it was added to the Shaped sheet. 3. could be as simple as an option to output both the spell card and the attack variations, i.e. output spellcard / attack / BOTH. The option to send spellcards to the chat without casting them would also be a nice quality of life enhancement.  Brian C. said: TheWebCoder said: Some feature requests for the sheet author: Healing items that adjust the character's hit points, even if the API is required. A setting to switch single inspiration into multiple inspirations, i.e. enter a number value. Spells cast from the attack panel output all of the spell information, i.e. action type, area, description, etc. As a DM, I have to keep another resource open to know the nuances of my player's spells. Thank you. I would prefer to not see number 2 implemented, as that would alter the sheet to support a (presumably seldom-used) house rule. Multiple inspiration can already be tracked under resources. For number 3, you might like this idea that someone on Reddit suggested. Brian C. said: I saw this good idea from /u/lettucewrap4 on the subreddit. They would like a chat bubble on spells that would send the spell card to the chat window without casting the spell (so the companion script does not fire). This would allow people to quickly show the spell text to everyone without rolling dice on attack spells, and there are probably other uses too. Their image:

Edited 1599628263
TheWebCoder said: 2. ... 3. [output all spellinfo] could be as simple as an option to output both the spell card and the attack variations, i.e. output spellcard / attack / BOTH. The option to send spellcards to the chat without casting them would also be a nice quality of life enhancement.  In the spell itself, I set "OUTPUT:" to ATTACK, and lower, I set "INCLUDE SPELL DESCRIPTION IN ATTACK:"  to ON. This seems to do much of the the BOTH you ask for. In order to print just the descriptions, use a macro with lines like the following, or check out  Universal Chat Menus  or  Menu Maker  if you have access to the API to customize and automate the process. /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelldescription} /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$1_spelldescription} ... /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelldescription} /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spelldescription} ... /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-2_$0_spelldescription} ... /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-3_$0_spelldescription} ... /w gm @{selected|repeating_spell-9_$0_spelldescription} As workarounds until the feature is developed, to print the selected character's first cantrip as a spellcard, you can use a macro that contains: &{template:spell} {{charname=@{selected|character_name}}} {{level=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellschool} cantrip}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}}} {{castingtime=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcastingtime}}} {{range=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellrange}}} {{target=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelltarget}}} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_v} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_s} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_m} {{material=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellcomp_materials}}} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellduration}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spelldescription}}} {{athigherlevels=@{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellathigherlevels}}} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellritual} @{selected|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellconcentration} and to print the second first level spell as a spellcard: &{template:spell} {{charname=@{selected|character_name}}} {{level=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellschool} 1}} {{name=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellname}}} {{castingtime=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellcastingtime}}} {{range=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellrange}}} {{target=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spelltarget}}} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellcomp_v} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellcomp_s} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellcomp_m} {{material=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellcomp_materials}}} {{duration=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellduration}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spelldescription}}} {{athigherlevels=@{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellathigherlevels}}} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellritual} @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$1_spellconcentration} And gosh is it annoying to type all that correctly. (you can whisper the above two macros, and probably use some excellent macro tricks to shorten them as well, but the feature would be better)

Edited 1599635904
And maybe the lightbulb just came on... A workaround to print spell descriptions will take some setup, but should do most of what you want. Create a character named Spelly (could be anything, really, just be consistent) and give control of them to everybody Edit Spelly's character sheet to make them not an NPC, and "edit sheet directly" Drop all the spells you want onto Spelly's spell tab For every spell on Spelly, set the spell output to SPELLCARD define a macro "Spell-Info" (or whatever name you wish) that contains the header below, and many repetitive lines (use Menu Maker or UCM from above to speed this part up if you have the API available) [code below]: Set the macro for all players, and add it to the bar or token menu, wherever it makes sense. Click away in chat. &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Spell Descriptions}} {{name=click for description}} {{description= **Cantrips:** [@{Spelly|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spellname}](~Spelly|repeating_spell-cantrip_$0_spell) Level 4: [@{Spelly|repeating_spell-4_$0_spellname}](~Spelly|repeating_spell-4_$0_spell) Level 9: [@{Spelly|repeating_spell-9_$0_spellname}](~Spelly|repeating_spell-9_$0_spell) }}
I was recently creating a level 11+ Rogue and so got to use Reliable Talent, only with advantage toggle turned on I get an error that prevents you from clicking on a proficient skill while advantage is toggled on. So essentially: 1. Turn on reliable Talent 2. Toggle Advantage on using Roll Query: Advantage toggle 3. Click on a proficient skill. If you click a non-proficient skill it'll roll as it should do normally. Also still cannot select +1 Charisma for Changelings.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For those seeking a spellcard reporting option, I have been working with Timmaugh to create a solution with his amazing script InsertArg . I still hope the devs will put this utility into the sheet, but for those with API access, you can find the macro and description here .
With the Class Modifier Bundle being added to the marketplace recently will we see an update to the charactermancer to allow for choosing from the stats in that module instead of the standard race modifiers?

Edited 1599700819
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That isn't official WotC is it? Phill said: I was recently creating a level 11+ Rogue and so got to use Reliable Talent, only with advantage toggle turned on I get an error that prevents you from clicking on a proficient skill while advantage is toggled on. Ah, yep, the sheet is escaping some HTML where it shouldn't be, and only for proficiency skills (or only where the RT math is being inserted by the worker, to be more accurate): @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{religion-u}}} {{mod=@{religion_bonus}}} {{r1=[[{@{d20},0d20+10}k1+@{religion_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{query=1}} {{advantage=1}} {{r2=[[ {1d20,0d20+10} k1+@{religion_bonus}@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output} The underlined bit should just be {@{d20},0d20+10}k1 (same as {{r1}}) - your options are to manually fix all your proficiency skills (the changes will possibly revert on any changes to the skill, not sure exactly what triggers the workers), create copies and run them from a chat menu or drop-down Query (don't have to worry about changes reverting in this case) or to change your Advantage to Query. All of these are temporary - I don't think a fix will take too long, pretty sure this is a straight up character replacement in a sheetworker, or at the worst an extra if/ternary statement. The HTML replacement probably survived a copy & paste from the Query Advantage RT version, where it's required due to being nested. I'm surprised it took this long to find the bug - apparently T3 Rogues with advantage toggle are uncommon!
adding mobile feat feat to character sheet  reduces speed to 10
I tried to Google but couldn't find anything, sorry if this has been asked before. When I open a character sheet, it by default opens the "Bio & Info" tab. Is there a way to change this so that by default it would open the "Character Sheet" tab? (I'd hazard a guess that most would want it to function like this.)
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
My guess is that this is more intrinsically built in to Roll20's behavior for all character sheets. Again, my guess is that is because every character must have a bio tab and an attributes tab. The character sheet tab exists for many game systems on Roll20, but it is not required to use Roll20 at its most basic level. You can select a token and Alt+Double-Click to open the linked character to the character sheet tab.
I appreciate all of the work arounds for displaying spell info on an attack, but the best solution is the sheet author updating the sheet.  I really like the 5e sheet, but given how spells are a cornerstone of the game, this lack of a complete spell output to the chat is the #1 short coming I’m aware of. I mean that constructively and respectfully.