Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Stephen B. said: Thanks so much for your efforts on this. I must be doing something wrong through, because after following your instructions, if I click on the weapon, I get a pop-up asking me if I'm devising a strategem, then one asking me for the flat roll, then one asking if i want to apply my Int modifier and then... nothing happens. (the same thing happens if I click no to the questions, that is to say nothing happens at the end). What could I be doing wrong? Just double-checked the copies in my post and they seem to be working fine. Make sure you triple-click the code to select it before copying it, to make sure the whole line is selected but nothing outside of it is.
Persephone said: Stephen B. said: Thanks so much for your efforts on this. I must be doing something wrong through, because after following your instructions, if I click on the weapon, I get a pop-up asking me if I'm devising a strategem, then one asking me for the flat roll, then one asking if i want to apply my Int modifier and then... nothing happens. (the same thing happens if I click no to the questions, that is to say nothing happens at the end). What could I be doing wrong? Just double-checked the copies in my post and they seem to be working fine. Make sure you triple-click the code to select it before copying it, to make sure the whole line is selected but nothing outside of it is. Hmmm... I've obviously got something set up wrong somewhere because still nothing. It asks me the questions and then nothing shows up in the chat. It's very odd. I'll play with it more in the morning. Thanks for your help!
Sure thing! If you continue having trouble with it, feel free to PM me an invite to your game and I can take a look.

Edited 1599679803
So today's Roll20 updates said the following for Pathfinder.. Compendium drag-and-drop updates That is very vague, anyone have a clue on what those updates were? Ahh it looks like that is a 1st edition thing.

Edited 1599681484
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yes, it's likely the PF 1E compendium-related bug , something about spell drag-n-drop.
Its almost certain that in 10 pages of this thread this question has been asked before, but I'll ask anyway and bet your indulgence; how does one go about printing or otherwise getting the information out of the Roll20 sheet?  My primary sheet is the Roll20 version, but today somebody asked to see it and I realized I couldn't even print the thing to PDF properly, or cut and paste it, and there is no internal export feature.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hans M said: Its almost certain that in 10 pages of this thread this question has been asked before, but I'll ask anyway and bet your indulgence; how does one go about printing or otherwise getting the information out of the Roll20 sheet?  My primary sheet is the Roll20 version, but today somebody asked to see it and I realized I couldn't even print the thing to PDF properly, or cut and paste it, and there is no internal export feature. You can add your vote to my suggestion from over 5+ years ago. ;-P Print Character Sheets
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Does drag and drop from the compendium(2e core rulebook) to inventory work on the pf2e sheet?  Thanks
@Vince, so far drag and drop only supports spells and most feats. Items haven't gotten support yet, but they're on the future features list, afaik.
Feature Request One-liner  Title : Value & Item level added to Inventory tab Brief  Description : The Core book has a great breakdown of the wealth a PC should have per level.  The current sheet does not have a way to easily add up the value of gear on the Inventory tab via macro.  I suggest adding fields for item level and value for each item that gets added and a field that adds up the values at the top. If it does not add too much weight to the sheet, having fields to tally item levels would also be nice.  That would allow GMs can call these fields up by macro while planning sessions and save a lot of time.   References : CRB pg 511 Table 10-10
Joshua F. said: Feature Request One-liner  Title : Value & Item level added to Inventory tab Brief  Description : The Core book has a great breakdown of the wealth a PC should have per level.  The current sheet does not have a way to easily add up the value of gear on the Inventory tab via macro.  I suggest adding fields for item level and value for each item that gets added and a field that adds up the values at the top. If it does not add too much weight to the sheet, having fields to tally item levels would also be nice.  That would allow GMs can call these fields up by macro while planning sessions and save a lot of time.   References : CRB pg 511 Table 10-10 I was just talking with my group the other day about what a nice feature this would be.  
Feature Request One-liner  Title :  Speeds as repeating Item or multiple attributes Brief  Description : As someone who uses a ton of self made macros/custom API stuff, I  would appreciate the option to have Speeds be a repeating item much like the languages. Either that or have attributes available for the other major speeds in the game such as swim, climb, burrow, and fly. Having just the singular speed field feels limited compared to the robustness of the rest of the sheet. Otherwise amazing job and I want to take a moment to say thank you for all your efforts in making this sheet kick butt!
Did you ever figure this out? I too get nothing after answering the queries.  Stephen B. said: Thanks so much for your efforts on this. I must be doing something wrong through, because after following your instructions, if I click on the weapon, I get a pop-up asking me if I'm devising a strategem, then one asking me for the flat roll, then one asking if i want to apply my Int modifier and then... nothing happens. (the same thing happens if I click no to the questions, that is to say nothing happens at the end). What could I be doing wrong? Persephone said: @Ryan, unfortunately there isn't a way to automatically save a roll result for something like that, but you could add something like this to a weapon, but you could add the following in the attacks in the sheet to override the normal attack and damage rolls. This will give you a series of drop-downs each time you attack asking if you're Devising a Stratagem, then asks for the result of the flat d20, then asks if you're applying your INT mod. The attack output will then have a button to click for the extra precision damage from Strategic Strike. The Recall Knowledge check will be trickier since there's so many skills that could apply to it, and it also depends on whether you're using the rule for Secret checks. Paste this into OTHER by the attack modifiers ]]}} {{roll01=[[?{Devise a Stratagem?|No,1d20cs20cf1|Yes,?{DaS Result|0}} + [E] @{weapon_strike}[@{text_modifier}] + (@{query_roll_bonus})[@{text_bonus}]]]}} Paste this into OTHER by the damage modifiers ]]}} {{roll02=[[@{damage_dice}@{damage_dice_size} + ?{Apply INT?|No,(@{damage_ability})[@{text_ability_modifier}]|Yes,(@{intelligence_modifier})[INT]} + (@{damage_weapon_specialization})[WEAPON SPECIALIZATION] + (@{damage_temporary})[TEMP] + (@{query_roll_damage_bonus})[@{text_roll_damage_bonus}]]]}} Paste this into EFFECTS [Strategic Strike](~selected|StrategicStrike) when using Intelligence Finally, add this as an Ability called StrategicStrike on the character. @{whispertype} &{template:rolls} {{limit_height=@{roll_limit_height}}} {{charactername=@{character_name}}} {{header=Strategic Strike}} {{roll02_name=^{damage}}} {{roll02=[[[[floor((@{level}+3)/4)]]D6]]}} {{roll02_type=damage}} {{roll02_info=precision}}
I have the PF2e core rulebook compendium, but the only thing my characters can drag onto their sheet is feats and spells. No ancestry, background, class, items, etc. Any idea why that would be?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Umutuku said: I have the PF2e core rulebook compendium, but the only thing my characters can drag onto their sheet is feats and spells. No ancestry, background, class, items, etc. Any idea why that would be? Feats and Spells are currently the only drag/drop options for the sheet.
Wait, really? Any other options there besides manual entry?

Edited 1600157142
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Umutuku said: Wait, really? Any other options there besides manual entry? I don't think so... ;-( Those options might be in development. (from the top of the thread ) In Development Additional screen readers support Incremental deployments for Drag & Drop options (Weapons, Items, Ancestries...) Charactermancer Neutral color scheme Alchemist support Proficiency at-a-glance  Sorry, I'm not really familiar with this sheet.
The Advanced player guide (APG from now on) is also done in half measures. The spells and non class feats from the APG are drag and droppable, the items and archetypes are in their own entries and not drag and droppable but they dont work that way on the main book either so thats expected, but the new classes feats and new additional feats to old classes are only listed as single entries and are therefore non-drag and droppable unlike the class feats of the main book..
Roll For Combat
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
So I'm trying to create a dropdown macro where the user can select if it's their first, second or third attack. I can't quite figure out the syntax if someone can help out: Basically something like this: Option 1: %{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE} Option 2: %{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2} Option 3: %{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3} Can't seem to figure this out as the "|" within the option seems to mess up the macro for a pulldown. If anyone has any help, thanks.
Normally you could fix that by substituting HTML for the | and } in the options, but i don't think rolls like that work properly if picked from a dropdown. I recommend making a chat menu with the buttons built like [First Attack](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE)
Roll For Combat
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Okay, I got it halfway there. Is it possible to also put a macro into each option? I'm trying to add the macro the following macro: "#sDiceSound" after each attack so that it makes a dice-rolling sound after they press the attack button.  I don't want to put that dice sound macro at the very end of the macro as it will then always play the sound. I just want it after the button is pressed. How would I do that? Thanks, and here is the macro which has been working so far: [Attack #1](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE) [Attack #2](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2) [Attack #3](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3)

Edited 1600800160
Hmm, in that case try this: [Attack #1](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE #sDiceSound) [Attack #2](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2 #sDiceSound) [Attack #3](~Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3 #sDiceSound) Not sure if the ~ shortcut will work if the link has multiple lines, so if that doesn't work try this: [Attack #1](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE} #sDiceSound) [Attack #2](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2} #sDiceSound) [Attack #3](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3} #sDiceSound) EDIT: Might actually need to wrap that in a template to work, like: &{template:rolls} {{header=MAP}} {{desc=[Attack #1](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE} #sDiceSound) [Attack #2](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2} #sDiceSound) [Attack #3](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3} #sDiceSound)}} or &{template:rolls} {{header=MAP}} {{desc=[Attack #1](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE} #sDiceSound) [Attack #2](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE2} #sDiceSound) [Attack #3](`%{Lo Mang|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_ATTACK-DAMAGE3} #sDiceSound)}}
Roll For Combat
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
None of the above work. I would expect if you can get that to work with ANY macro, I can just substitute the macro that you get it working with with my #sDiceSound macro.
Feature Request #2 and #3 buttons for Acrobatics and Athletics MAP rolls These are the two main skills used by Attack actions, which are subject to multiple attack penalty the same way as Strikes. Adding buttons next to these skills similar to how Strikes are set up would be helpful for quickly applying MAP to rolls with these skills for Attack actions. Keeping the roll syntax in line with the Strike MAP rolls would be preferable as well (i.e. %{selected|ACROBATICS2} and %{selected|ACROBATICS3}). Reference: The Attack actions Escape (CRB pg. 470), Force Open, Grapple (CRB pg. 242), Shove, Trip, and Disarm (CRB pg. 243).
Feature Request Variant Rule: Proficiency Without Level In the Pathfinder 2nd edition Gamemastery Guide on the page 198 there's a variant rule that presents a differently scaling proficiency system that allows for a grittier setting. Can it be implemented? It pretty much takes the "+Level" from Armor Class & Attack Roll, etc. This could either be an option per individual character sheet, or better yet, a game-specific setting in the "Settings" before launching the game, for the GM to access to.
Is this sheet still being developed?  I'm thinking of starting a PF2 campaign but I noticed the original post hasn't been updated in 8 months and it sounds like a lot of features are still missing.
It's functional for most use cases, but drag and drop is still in the works, as is charactermancer. There's also no easy way to track formulae for alchemist, since the official print sheet didn't include that either.
Feature Request Sort Spells by Daily Use.  For my prepared spellcaster (cleric) it would be very handy to be able to sort all the spells I have for the day to the top of the list.  If the Spells: {Sort By } drop-down had a Daily Use entry, then we could more easily use that column to show what is prepared for the day out of the many available.  
I'm new to this character sheet, but I appreciate the effort that's already been put in. If I have some spare time, is there a way I can help build some of these features periodically?

Edited 1601459567
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Release Notes - September 29th Pathfinder 2e by Roll20 NPC and PC traits/short description fields added Items in inventory can be rearranged when unlocked.
Inventory could already be rearranged, unless this means items can now be moved between the three sections?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I just copied the update from the official Release notes this week, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, haven't even used the PF2E sheet in a while.

Edited 1601480674
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: Inventory could already be rearranged, unless this means items can now be moved between the three sections? It should read "can be  rearranged more easily", as the "burger" button was sometimes under the "settings" toggle.
Oh, thanks for the clarification! That is a much appreciated improvement :)
As a GM, I would really like it if a toggle switch could be added to the NPC side of the sheet allowing for GMs to toggle "Elite" status on or off. There are a lot of PFS2 scenarios where we run into Elite versions of the monsters in the Bestiaries. Instead of going through each part of the statblock it would be so much easier if an Elite toggle existed. Then GMs would only need to add a couple of special abilities instead of a lot of other changes.
Is it possible to get the new action icons to show up in a roll-template message sent by an API script? The directives show_action_icon and action_icon seem to get stripped out or otherwise ignored if passed through the API.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
stwlam said: Is it possible to get the new action icons to show up in a roll-template message sent by an API script? The directives show_action_icon and action_icon seem to get stripped out or otherwise ignored if passed through the API. There is no reason, AFAIK, that it won't work. Are you using {{show_action_icon= [[1]] }} (it needs to be "roll" value)?

Edited 1601933994
Natha said: There is no reason, AFAIK, that it won't work. Are you using {{show_action_icon= [[1]] }} (it needs to be "roll" value)? Thanks, I was assuming roll_option_action_icon  would just be a static text value rather than a roll expression. I hadn't noticed the macro getting passed to the API had a "$[[0]]" substitution for it.

Edited 1602084748
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Details/corrections about today's release notes: Pathfinder 2 v3.44 Pathfinder 2 sheet now includes a Non-Repeating Fists Strike for all player character: This feature adds an "Unarmed Fist" melee strike  automatically to new and old PCs. Of course, it can be deleted, moved or modified. As weird as it sounds, this is in preparation of  items'  drag'n'drop. Proficiency without level support for Gamemastery Guide: A new subsection has been added to the PCs Options tab, with two new options: When checked, these will .. do what they say ;) : calculate proficiencies without the character's level for the first one, and calcuate untrained proficiencies with a -2 modifier (instead of 0) for the second one. Note that they can be used seperately to accomodate for house ruling. Also note that the "Skill Untrained Proficiency" option supersedes the "untrained = -2" option, when not set to "Default" (but to "half-level" or "level").
Feature Request One-liner&nbsp; Title : Pathfinder Society Support Brief&nbsp; Description : Add an extra section or page for Pathfinder Society stuff. (Ideally, to not bother non-society players with it, make it optional and with a check box to turn on / off in the options section). This should contain the following parts: A chooser for the school (Spells, Scrolls, Swords, Generalist, Field-Commissioned), that then links to the list of consumables received a short section for a each faction, the possibility to input the reputation gained there, and calculates the standing in the faction from that a general reputation part that sums up all faction reputation and shows the standing a section to track all your boons - chronicle boons, faction boons, old fame boons, acp boons, and so on As a nice-to-have, it could have a "roll earn income for downtime" button, that asks for task level (defaults to level -2) a skill to use, and days of downtime, then rolls the skill and does the income calculation. But that's only a goodie, the tracking of the other things is more important. References : <a href="http://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/paizo/guides/pfs2guide-en/character-creation-pfs2-en/" rel="nofollow">http://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/paizo/guides/pfs2guide-en/character-creation-pfs2-en/</a> <a href="http://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/paizo/guides/pfs2guide-en/player-basics-pfs2-en/" rel="nofollow">http://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/paizo/guides/pfs2guide-en/player-basics-pfs2-en/</a>
Pathbuilder 2E just added JSON export support. I considered trying to add support for linking it to the character sheet to the API Utilities script I wrote for PF2e, but unfortunately it has to download the JSON from Pathbuilder's hosting site, which will hit the security sandbox. Can this be added at the character sheet level instead?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Mark G. said: Pathbuilder 2E just added JSON export support. I considered trying to add support for linking it to the character sheet to the API Utilities script I wrote for PF2e, but unfortunately it has to download the JSON from Pathbuilder's hosting site, which will hit the security sandbox. Can this be added at the character sheet level instead? Just make it work by having people save the json in a handout or a character sheet attribute, and then the API parse it from there. Unlikely Roll20 would build such third-party support into the sheet unless Paizo agrees.
That would work, but Pathbuilder 2e - being a mobile app - doesn't provide the JSON in a pastable format by default, just an ID to download it with; the link to download it is not secret but is not obvious to the end-user either..
Just noticed innate spells on the sheet can't be made untrained. Shouldn't untrained be an option for when an innate spell is of a tradition the character isn't proficient in?
Persephone said: Just noticed innate spells on the sheet can't be made untrained. Shouldn't untrained be an option for when an innate spell is of a tradition the character isn't proficient in? If I remember correctly, you are always at least trained in any innate spell you have. If you are a spellcaster and your proficiency goes up, so does your spell attack rolls and DCs for all innate spells. I don't believe it matters what the tradition is.&nbsp;
Has the "Proficiency level in chat"/Proficiency at a Glance been implemented/resolved, I've looked back through this thread but can't see anything? (it may just be my weak searching, sorry if that is the case). It's just a pain when doing secret rolls for Hazards having to jump into character sheets to check if they are trained enough.

Edited 1602679408
@Andrew, thanks for clarifying, I overlooked that somehow! @Henry, if you hover your cursor over a roll result from the sheet, the proficiency will be shown in square brackets near the beginning of the roll details, if there is proficiency.
Any word recently on the charactermancer??
When I asked for where to make this suggestion, I got two answers, with people unsure of which to use, so I'm doing both. Apologies for people who see it twice. I would like to request the ability to change the color of the header on the character sheet. The current situation is difficult to use if you decide to link the name of the spell/trait/weapon/effect that you're using. Here: This is the Sanctuary spell, with a link to its location on AoN. You can see it, but it's quite difficult. When I cast this spell during one of our sessions, one of the other players outright said the title was blank. So, if there was a way to select whatever header color you wanted to use -- there are some that work with standard text and some that don't -- like the dropdown between the standard color and color neutral on the options tab, it'd be very helpful? Thanks in advance!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Details/corrections about today's release notes: Pathfinder 2 v3.441 Unarmed Fist Strike is now available to PCs only will not be wrongly added to NPCs upon drag and drop anymore.