Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

keithcurtis said: The Shaped Sheet has all sorts of wonderful features, but sometimes at the expense of a steeper learning curve. I'd love to see it mined for ideas, but I think that adopting everything would mean essentially re-writing the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet from scratch. I don't want to see that. The Shaped Sheet and companion had some odd solutions to problems, that did not mesh with the existing architecture. For example, all monsters and spells were added in via json within the script. That would be a nightmare to keep current, requiring a parallel maintenance, and lead to easy abuse. This incompatibility with the Compendium was likely one of the issues that kept it from ever being Charactermancer compatible. I'd hesitate to call it the "Gold Standard" by only listing its positives and ignoring its negatives. I'd like to see the official sheet continue to grow, and to use some of the ideas from the Shaped Sheet (that's a great list, by the way, my picks would be 2 & 6), but not to the extent that the sheet would need to be completely re-written and likely have to deal with bugs for the better part of a year. I agree with you on #2&#6. #3 could be useful. I wouldn't mind #9:  There really should be a place to list gems, and there are optional attributes such as Honor and Sanity that some people use.  It'd be nice if the sheet could accommodate those, as well as possible homebrew ones.

Edited 1602376664
Miguel
Pro
Sheet Author
Honor and Sanity have been added to the sheet quite some time ago, the DM just need to toggle those on on the game default settings. #6 Should be easy to accomplish. As an interaction designer and DM myself, I have mixed feeling about heavy automation. Some people want to experience the thing like a video game, others do actually have fun tracking stuff manually, there are even those who don't care about numbers at all and just want to roleplay. In my group there is a player that is just like that, she is clueless about mechanics and has no interest in learning. She just announces what she wants to do and I normally have to roll the dices for her. I have no beef with the Shaped sheet but I believe it is not suited for everyone, I suggest folks interested in the topic to take a look at the theory of "The Eight Kinds of Fun."
I've only ever used this sheet and have learned to get around well enough. The items I'd love to have included are: 1. More space to edit items. The check boxes are fine but the `PROP` and `MODS` section are just too small to work with. I've tried using the resizer built into browsers to make the textarea bigger, but it just screws up the sheet and can only be fixed by refreshing the page. 2. Short rest & long rest 3. A marker to show when an item is attuned Pretty much in that order
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Miguel said: Honor and Sanity have been added to the sheet quite some time ago, the DM just need to toggle those on on the game default settings. I knew I remembered seeing those! I thought I was crazy. I had forgotten they were campaign-level settings, and not sheet-level. #6 Should be easy to accomplish. Wow, I would have thought that would require extensive modification to consolidate all the attack, damage, saving throw, etc. bonuses. I am in total agreement about automation. Things that get rid of math or at least make calculation speedy are good. I like stuff that removes drudgery. I have no interest in things that cross the line into video game territory. I know lots of folks who like the "It's a Trap!" script, but that veers away from being a tabletop rpg for me. As a (mostly) unrelated aside, I was discussing Roll20 automation with my players tonight (most of whom double as GMs). I have given them extensive training and tools for running games. I have noticed the odd phenomenon that they are simultaneously more and more excited about setting up macros, DL and so forth, but conversely, they are far more likely to become frustrated when something doesn't work as they expect. The more you know, the more you want to do, and the more things can go wrong. It's a fascinating Catch-22.
Thanks for turning a fix around so quickly, Miguel! I DM on Thursdays, so hopefully your update passes QA before then.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Miguel said: Honor and Sanity have been added to the sheet quite some time ago, the DM just need to toggle those on on the game default settings. I knew I remembered seeing those! I thought I was crazy. I had forgotten they were campaign-level settings, and not sheet-level. Well, if you can't find your Sanity meter, there's a very reasonable chance you are crazy. Just a PSA on this, since I was fooling around with it recently. The Campaign setting only effects new characters after you switch it on. For existing characters, manually add the Attributes: honor_toggle     -    1 sanity_toggle    -    1 to the PC's. If you want to avoid applying the setting to the entire campaign, that is - presumably applying it through Apply Default Settings works, though I didn't try it.
keithcurtis said: I am in total agreement about automation. Things that get rid of math or at least make calculation speedy are good. I like stuff that removes drudgery. I have no interest in things that cross the line into video game territory. I know lots of folks who like the "It's a Trap!" script, but that veers away from being a tabletop rpg for me. I have to agree automation is Key when I DM, some players want the game pace to be faster than I can handle the mechanics without automation.
As I recall, the OGL sheet was designed by one of the Devs (Steve K.) to be purposefully code light in contrast to the shaped sheet which was/is code heavy. It was also designed to look like the paper sheet. I have one long-running campaign that still uses the shaped sheet but once it is over, we will be relying exclusively on the OGL sheet. The charactermancer is awesome, when it works (which is all the time for me but not so much for one or more of our group). Our biggest complaint is spell and attack damages not being added up as one final number. As a DM, I would want more automation in the NPC side of the sheet (token action buttons and check for recharge of special abilities like dragon breath, etc.) Essentially, I don't want to open a sheet to run combat. Just select a token and press a button. I like where the sheet is going but I wouldn't want the code to get 'bloated' for the sake of automation.
Marc S. said: keithcurtis said: I am in total agreement about automation. Things that get rid of math or at least make calculation speedy are good. I like stuff that removes drudgery. I have no interest in things that cross the line into video game territory. I know lots of folks who like the "It's a Trap!" script, but that veers away from being a tabletop rpg for me. I have to agree automation is Key when I DM, some players want the game pace to be faster than I can handle the mechanics without automation. There is a difference between automation and preparation. Preparation is making sure that all the monsters have token macros to handle interaction quickly (init, attacks, perception, spells, etc). There are tokens setup to contain notes and reference images. Everything at your fingertips. Automation is more the API things like DoorKnocker, Group Saving and Damage, and handling a long/short rest. They can really speed up a game and help with immersion. So long as you have enough of the preparation complete, you should be able to run a well paced game. The automation is a further enhancement to make things easier.

Edited 1602447194
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For me, the key difference would be ease of use and control. I want things that make my tasks simpler, but I want to be the one who triggers them. I don't want the interface making decisions without me and acting on them. (hence my It's a Trap example).

Edited 1602448796
keithcurtis said: The Shaped Sheet has all sorts of wonderful features, but sometimes at the expense of a steeper learning curve. I'd love to see it mined for ideas, but I think that adopting everything would mean essentially re-writing the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet from scratch. I don't want to see that. The Shaped Sheet and companion had some odd solutions to problems, that did not mesh with the existing architecture. For example, all monsters and spells were added in via json within the script. That would be a nightmare to keep current, requiring a parallel maintenance, and lead to easy abuse. This incompatibility with the Compendium was likely one of the issues that kept it from ever being Charactermancer compatible. I'd hesitate to call it the "Gold Standard" by only listing its positives and ignoring its negatives. I'd like to see the official sheet continue to grow, and to use some of the ideas from the Shaped Sheet (that's a great list, by the way, my picks would be 2 & 6), but not to the extent that the sheet would need to be completely re-written and likely have to deal with bugs for the better part of a year. Respectively, choose to disagree.  A rewrite is massively in order, because the structural foundation isn't as structured as it should have been (hindsight being 20/20, of course.  At the time, it probably seemed to be the best way to go, but it's been done MUCH better since).  As far as dealing with bugs, :shrug:, I have to weigh that against a sheet that is functionally incompatible with every ability to enhance it without recreating the wheel from the user end (which entails a slew of macros), versus having a rewrite that is well tested in the developer forum prior to a live release. IMO, OGL is ... for lack of a better word ... "Clunky", and I hate using it.  Sadly - the platform sees it as standard, and that doesn't speak well of the platform's strive for quality. Any time you keep building on faulty framework, you are essentially making yourself obsolete in the tech market.  Look at WoW, DDO, NWNO, and all the other MMO games still riding on tired old engines whose subs go down as their base finds something better.  I'm not going to lie, there are times when I look at things like Talespire and think of how I may cancel my  sub when it comes.  With how much I've invested here, I don't want to do that, but comparing the basics, the temptation is there; no different than others, I'm sure. As far as the compendium and the JSON factor, yes, necessitated by the foundation of OGL being as flawed as it is.  Also why Kryx stopped updating it; right there.  But with a good infrastructure, JSON integration wouldn't be necessary, nor would "parseFromOGL" and other programs having to be run for conversion.  Sometimes going back to basics can only be the best possible solution.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Just wanted to chime in and give my kudos to Miguel for taking on the responsibility of actively maintaining this sheet and being so responsive. It's gotta be a tough situation trying to make everybody happy when the OGL user base is so large. Thanks, man, appreciate all your efforts.
I'm also in favor of a way of displaying the recharge of items and abilities, i.e. short rest / long rest / manual, and binding those to a short / long rest button. People who enjoy doing it manually could continue to do so, but for our group pressing the button means getting back to the fun faster.
I encountered an issue tonight whereby my STR 10 bard was assessed a -1 malus (from "strength") to Athletics rolls for no apparent reason. I checked the backend settings, and I see nothing that would account for this. Is this a scripting error in the sheet?

Edited 1602633167
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Hey Arkham618, could you share more details about your issue? Did this happen only once or was it a continuous thing? Was Athletics the only skill performing faulty? Does toggling between advantage/disadvantage/normal makes any difference?
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of players that can use the 5e OGL sheet?  I have a game and I recently added a new player bringing my total to 7 players... but I already had 7 players - the last one before adding this one got dropped off.  I thought that as a Pro subscriber I could have as many players as I want.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Saul J. said: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of players that can use the 5e OGL sheet?  I have a game and I recently added a new player bringing my total to 7 players... but I already had 7 players - the last one before adding this one got dropped off.  I thought that as a Pro subscriber I could have as many players as I want. There is no limit in how many can use the sheet, but think there is a limit on how many players you can share your compendiums , which is a separate thing. Any particular reason why you're asking?
ᐰndreas J. said: Saul J. said: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of players that can use the 5e OGL sheet?  I have a game and I recently added a new player bringing my total to 7 players... but I already had 7 players - the last one before adding this one got dropped off.  I thought that as a Pro subscriber I could have as many players as I want. There is no limit in how many can use the sheet, but think there is a limit on how many players you can share your compendiums , which is a separate thing. Any particular reason why you're asking? Yes, I'm asking because I have 8 players but the system seems to only be allowing me 7.  As I said, when I added another player, the previous player that I added got dropped.  I'm trying to figure out why.

Edited 1602608398
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Saul J. said: Yes, I'm asking because I have 8 players but the system seems to only be allowing me 7.  As I said, when I added another player, the previous player that I added got dropped.  I'm trying to figure out why. You need to be more specific. Are you talking about the sheet, or the compendium thing I mentioned? Add a new player to the campaign, like after you have sent them a invite to your game? Is old player "dropped" from the campaign when you add a new player to your game, or are they "dropped" from some in-game section? Or do they stop having access to your Personal Compendiums you have shared with the group? Or can't more than 8 people stay actively connected to your game at the same time? I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with the 5E sheet, but is some issue you're having with the Roll20 platform in general, or with limits to Compendium Sharing (you should be able to share with 15 players/game, but it's the closes other thing I could think of that might be what you're talking about).
I thought I was pretty specific.  I had 7 players, added one, and still have 7 players because 1 got dropped somehow.  That is, adding a player to the game/campaign seemed to drop another out.   I just got the one that was dropped back in by sending him a new invite... and there doesn't seem to be another issue - that is, the system added him back without dropping someone else.  I don't know how that player got dropped or why.  I'm still puzzled.  But, everything I've read said that the number of players in a game is unlimited, but that there might be limits on the number of players that can use a sheet.  That's why I thought the limit might be with the 5E OGL sheet.
No limit on people and sheets, but if there is a lot there is a slowdown in the lobby.  (A server I am apart of had a character creation lobby that had to be purge monthly do to the hundreds of characters)
Miguel said: Hey Arkham618, could you share more details about your issue? Did this happen only once or was it a continuous thing? Was Athletics the only skill performing in faulty? Does toggle between advantage/disadvantage/normal makes any difference? I thought it was only affecting Athletics, but on closer inspection, the sheet is imposing a -1 malus on all skills in which my character does not have proficiency. This is a persistent issue. I have no idea when this started, since it was only happenstance that I checked the Athletics roll result and discovered the error (which stood out because the -1 for Str was explicit in the tooltip). Toggling advantage/disadvantage makes no difference. There is always a -1 malus for non-proficient skills. I will note that I'm using a custom bard archetype (College of Epic Poetry) from the Odyssey of the Dragon Lords module.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
So long as it seems to be resolved, it's probably not worth exploring the dropping issue, in that there's not likely to be any way to find out what happened. If everything is running correctly now, it's probably best to chalk it up to a misclick or a program communication error. I can understand the confusion about the term "dropping" however. Some people use the term to mean a dropped connection, rather than being kicked from a game entirely.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arkham618 said: I thought it was only affecting Athletics, but on closer inspection, the sheet is imposing a -1 malus on all skills in which my character does not have proficiency. This is a persistent issue. I have no idea when this started, since it was only happenstance that I checked the Athletics roll result and discovered the error (which stood out because the -1 for Str was explicit in the tooltip). Toggling advantage/disadvantage makes no difference. There is always a -1 malus for non-proficient skills. I will note that I'm using a custom bard archetype (College of Epic Poetry) from the Odyssey of the Dragon Lords module. What happens if you click Jack of all Trades off and roll a skill? (Settings tab, middle, down the bottom) What happens if you turn it on again? Presumably your proficiency bonus is a positive number, as it should be?
Miguel: Just a heads up... doesn't look like your changes pushed through yet. Click casting non-upcastable spells still doesn't decrement a spell slot, and chat continues to report the "all spells slots used" or whatever that red message is.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Hey Craig, yes they did not. There was not enough time for them to go through QA before the weekly release ;( With that said, they already moved into approved and should be live by next Tuesday.
Awesome. Thanks for the update!
Oosh said: Arkham618 said: I thought it was only affecting Athletics, but on closer inspection, the sheet is imposing a -1 malus on all skills in which my character does not have proficiency. This is a persistent issue. I have no idea when this started, since it was only happenstance that I checked the Athletics roll result and discovered the error (which stood out because the -1 for Str was explicit in the tooltip). Toggling advantage/disadvantage makes no difference. There is always a -1 malus for non-proficient skills. I will note that I'm using a custom bard archetype (College of Epic Poetry) from the Odyssey of the Dragon Lords module. What happens if you click Jack of all Trades off and roll a skill? (Settings tab, middle, down the bottom) What happens if you turn it on again? Presumably your proficiency bonus is a positive number, as it should be? Turning off Jack of All Trades resulted in all test rolls executing correctly. Turning it back on resulted in non-proficient skills once again being assessed a -1 malus. So is Jack of All trades broken?
Just as a point of reference:  I created a test druid and raised him to level 2 so I would have JoaT.  I don't see the same problem.  All skills roll correctly and there's no -1 to the rolls.  Maybe it's something else on the sheet causing the problem? Arkham618 said: Oosh said: Arkham618 said: I thought it was only affecting Athletics, but on closer inspection, the sheet is imposing a -1 malus on all skills in which my character does not have proficiency. This is a persistent issue. I have no idea when this started, since it was only happenstance that I checked the Athletics roll result and discovered the error (which stood out because the -1 for Str was explicit in the tooltip). Toggling advantage/disadvantage makes no difference. There is always a -1 malus for non-proficient skills. I will note that I'm using a custom bard archetype (College of Epic Poetry) from the Odyssey of the Dragon Lords module. What happens if you click Jack of all Trades off and roll a skill? (Settings tab, middle, down the bottom) What happens if you turn it on again? Presumably your proficiency bonus is a positive number, as it should be? Turning off Jack of All Trades resulted in all test rolls executing correctly. Turning it back on resulted in non-proficient skills once again being assessed a -1 malus. So is Jack of All trades broken?

Edited 1602896648
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It shouldn't be possible to apply a negative with JoaT unless you have a negative Proficiency Bonus. You could try changing your character level temporarily, that should trigger a bunch of sheetworkers including anything related to PB. But no, JoaT is not broken normally - I think this is either a random error or related to the module class. If you select your token, what do you get back from the chat log if you type in @{selected|pb} and @{selected|jack} ? I'm a bit lost as to how the custom class could be messing this up, but we'll need Miguel's wisdom on that since he knows what the relevant sheetworkers do. Does the Epic Poetry subclass level up through Charactermancer?
Onirim
Sheet Author
There is a bug with the tools mastery. In French, the two buttons overlap with the label. After adding two entry on the list, the buttons are not accessibles, they are under the label. Cannot add or remove another mastery by any means, so the sheet is actually broken for this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is probably an easy fix. Can you suggest a phrase in French that would fit the space and still be reasonably descriptive? I'm not sure if Mighuel maintains the translation JSON files, but it's pretty quickly done.
The same issue seems to be present in the German version of the sheet. The section is currently called "Übung im Umg. mit Werkzeugen & benutzerdefinierte Fertigkeiten" which is extremely long and reads cumbersome (even though it's verbatim from the German books). I'd suggest "Werkzeugübung & eigene Fertigkeiten" to make it shorter. Hope that fits.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Don't worry about the issue with the button, Onirim. We already had a ticket that has already gone through QA and should go live next week. No need for translation work.
5e OGL sheet.  My Life Cleric has advanced to level 17 and now has "Supreme Healing"   Starting at 17th level, when you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell, you instead use the highest number possible for each die. For example, instead of restoring 2d6 hit points to a creature, you restore 12. So I'm changing cure wounds to use fixed values. Instead of 1d8, it's 8.  Simple enough.   However, when I change the "higher lvl cast dmg" to not use a die, I lose the ability to upcast the spell at a higher level.  It doesn't prompt me to select the spell level, it simply outputs the spell "attack" at first level.  I've tried changing the "higher lvl cast dmg" line to "8 NONE +1" or "1 NONE+9" and all kinds of things but it doesn't produce the desired result. I get the same problem with healing word and prayer of healing .  How do I make this work?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
PunyPaladin, maybe 0d0+8, or 8d1 might work?
PunyPaladin said: 5e OGL sheet.&nbsp; My Life Cleric has advanced to level 17 and now has "Supreme Healing"&nbsp;&nbsp; Starting at 17th level, when you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell, you instead use the highest number possible for each die. For example, instead of restoring 2d6 hit points to a creature, you restore 12. So I'm changing cure wounds to use fixed values. Instead of 1d8, it's 8.&nbsp; Simple enough.&nbsp;&nbsp; However, when I change the "higher lvl cast dmg" to not use a die, I lose the ability to upcast the spell at a higher level.&nbsp; It doesn't prompt me to select the spell level, it simply outputs the spell "attack" at first level.&nbsp; I've tried changing the "higher lvl cast dmg" line to "8 NONE +1" or "1 NONE+9" and all kinds of things but it doesn't produce the desired result. I get the same problem with healing word and prayer of healing .&nbsp; How do I make this work? I think the best way around the problem is probably through macros. There are several in the thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8875691/life-cleric-healing-macros" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8875691/life-cleric-healing-macros</a> &nbsp; Maybe they will help.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1603123775
PunyPaladin said: 5e OGL sheet.&nbsp; My Life Cleric has advanced to level 17 and now has "Supreme Healing"&nbsp;&nbsp; Starting at 17th level, when you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell, you instead use the highest number possible for each die. For example, instead of restoring 2d6 hit points to a creature, you restore 12. So I'm changing cure wounds to use fixed values. Instead of 1d8, it's 8.&nbsp; Simple enough.&nbsp;&nbsp; However, when I change the "higher lvl cast dmg" to not use a die, I lose the ability to upcast the spell at a higher level.&nbsp; It doesn't prompt me to select the spell level, it simply outputs the spell "attack" at first level.&nbsp; I've tried changing the "higher lvl cast dmg" line to "8 NONE +1" or "1 NONE+9" and all kinds of things but it doesn't produce the desired result. I get the same problem with healing word and prayer of healing .&nbsp; How do I make this work? David M. said: PunyPaladin, maybe 0d0+8, or 8d1 might work? 8d1 should definitely work.&nbsp; While your at it - you have all the other goodies set up also, yes? Disciple of Life: In the Healing Line, standard roll, such as (1d8+@{wisdom_mod} -or- WIS from drop down) + [[ 2 + [[?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1]]]][Disciple of Life] Blessed Healer: &nbsp; (Add this in description, or an Ability on the Attributes and Abilities Tab.&nbsp; Call the Ability something like Bls-Hlr, and then refer to it via %{Bls-Hlr} in the description.&nbsp; Making the Ability just makes it easier to copy and paste the %{Bls-Hlr} call) Heals [[ 2 + [[?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1]][Blessed Healer]]] HP healed on self. You might have these set up already - but just wanted to help in case you didn't. If you're wondering why I used the above query - ?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8} - that query is in cure wounds already.&nbsp; In order to have it not produce more prompt boxes than the one often asked, you might as well have it set up the same way.
8d1 should definitely work.&nbsp; Sorry, that's not an option for upcasting the spell.&nbsp;&nbsp; The sheet has a dropdown for the "higher lvl cast dmg" and d1 isn't an option.&nbsp;&nbsp; There's "NONE" which doesn't work, and then the standard d4 through d20, which aren't what I need.&nbsp;&nbsp; If I set the field to NONE, it doesn't prompt for the level of the spell and just rolls it as 1st level.&nbsp;&nbsp; Please, someone try it with the standard 5e OGL sheet and confirm this. Drag cure wounds onto your sheet and try to get a fixed value when upcasting the spell.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try 0d8 +8

Edited 1603150753
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
EDIT - ninja'd! Ahh, got it. OK, just tried 0d8 + 8, and upcast to 9th level. Base healing static 8+5[WIS]=13, upcast healing (0*8)d8 + (8*8)=64
Eyyy, this works!&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks folks.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Setting up Potion of Healing to automatically roll the dice and (with API Companion Script) deduct quantity on hand. Someone, somewhere on the Roll20 forums posted a neat trick to make a potion roll the dice for healing by giving it an attack (but not the 'to hit' roll) and roll the healing as a damage type. Brilliant! I've taken it a step further using the API to automatically deduct the quantity on hand by making it a resource that is tracked as ammo. The steps below; Add Potion of Healing manually or drag from compendium. Check&nbsp; Use as a Resource &nbsp;(this makes it a resource that can be easily adjusted if no API). Check&nbsp; Has an Attack &nbsp;to add to the Attacks and Spellcasting section. In the Attacks and Spellcasting section, open up the Potion of Healing using the cogwheel. Set it up as below (if you don't have API Companion Script just ignore the Ammunition entry). When you click on the Potion of Healing in the Attacks and Spellcasting section, you get the output (and the Companion Script decrements the resource and posts how many are left). This can be used for any resource that rolls dice that you want to track as ammo.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Just expanding on on what CeeJay posted on the release log: D&amp;D 5e Users can manually set their character’s critical range: This is a bug fix for a issue reported here where rage, gwm and etc. would be included in the critical calculation when multiple modifiers were selected ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9235145/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9235145/</a> ) Secondary damage on spells now increase when casting at higher level: This is a new feature to give support for spells like ice knife. When editing your spell, you should see some extra fields below the high level damage one and It follows the same structure/mechanics as the previous. You may use both of them at the same time or just one. Stuff from the compendium should have those filled out automatically. With that said, spells that were already added to the sheet wont be updated, if that is your case, just delete the spell and drag it again to pull in the updates. A fix for an issue where spell output was breaking slot tracking API for some users: This is a fix for the interaction between the new Spellcard and the spell slot tracking and concentration scripts ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9250603/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9250603/</a> ) Besides that the issues related to being unable to click buttons in both German and French should be fixed ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9287537/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9287537/</a> )
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's very welcome, Miguel! Too often the release announcements are cryptic. Cassie (I think) did an excellent one a few months ago, but mostly we just have to guess what is meant.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: Setting up Potion of Healing to automatically roll the dice and (with API Companion Script) deduct quantity on hand. Someone, somewhere on the Roll20 forums posted a neat trick to make a potion roll the dice for healing by giving it an attack (but not the 'to hit' roll) and roll the healing as a damage type. Brilliant! I've taken it a step further using the API to automatically deduct the quantity on hand by making it a resource that is tracked as ammo. The steps below; Add Potion of Healing manually or drag from compendium. Check&nbsp; Use as a Resource &nbsp;(this makes it a resource that can be easily adjusted if no API). Check&nbsp; Has an Attack &nbsp;to add to the Attacks and Spellcasting section. In the Attacks and Spellcasting section, open up the Potion of Healing using the cogwheel. Set it up as below (if you don't have API Companion Script just ignore the Ammunition entry). When you click on the Potion of Healing in the Attacks and Spellcasting section, you get the output (and the Companion Script decrements the resource and posts how many are left). This can be used for any resource that rolls dice that you want to track as ammo. Hey, Miguel, is there any chance of getting the compendium entries updated to do this automatically?

Edited 1603296143
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
I will see what I can do about it.
Brian C. said: Doug E. said: Setting up Potion of Healing to automatically roll the dice and (with API Companion Script) deduct quantity on hand. Someone, somewhere on the Roll20 forums posted a neat trick to make a potion roll the dice for healing by giving it an attack (but not the 'to hit' roll) and roll the healing as a damage type. Brilliant! I've taken it a step further using the API to automatically deduct the quantity on hand by making it a resource that is tracked as ammo. The steps below; Add Potion of Healing manually or drag from compendium. Check&nbsp; Use as a Resource &nbsp;(this makes it a resource that can be easily adjusted if no API). Check&nbsp; Has an Attack &nbsp;to add to the Attacks and Spellcasting section. In the Attacks and Spellcasting section, open up the Potion of Healing using the cogwheel. Set it up as below (if you don't have API Companion Script just ignore the Ammunition entry). When you click on the Potion of Healing in the Attacks and Spellcasting section, you get the output (and the Companion Script decrements the resource and posts how many are left). This can be used for any resource that rolls dice that you want to track as ammo. Hey, Miguel, is there any chance of getting the compendium entries updated to do this automatically? The problem with this is that it applies any global damage modifiers to the roll.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hm, good point.
Brian C. said: Hm, good point. I use this as a token macro. I don't remember where I found it. You might be able to pair it with your idea for using resources / ammo. &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Healing Potion Type}} {{description= ?{Select Potion Type|Healing, *Potion of Healing*: [[2d4+2]]|Greater Healing, *Potion of Greater Healing*: [[4d4+4]]|Superior Healing, *Potion of Superior Healing*: [[8d4+8]]|Supreme Healing, *Potion of Supreme Healing*: [[10d4+20]]|Keoghtom's Ointment, *Keoghtom's Ointment*: [[2d8+2]] and ceases to be poisoned and is cured of any disease.} }}