Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dark Mode (Roll20 so bright!)

+1 Just noticed they pushed an update that's incompatible with the add-on I used to use to change the background to something that's easier on the eyes. Going to be looking for an alternative but this very much needs to be a feature of the site. Sitting for hours staring at a massive, bright, white screen is just bad for your eyes.
+1
I mean I don't necessarily need it but I've had players asks how to do it and it would be nice to have multiple thematic modes so +1
Please add this
Christopher K
Plus
Marketplace Creator
So, it looks like the web devs actually added a nightmode.css, but it's empty :( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/v2/css/nightmode.css" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/v2/css/nightmode.css</a>
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
Please this, DMing for 5 hours on its own is migrane inducing enough.
Yes PLEASE
+1
pls dark mode
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 Would appreciate having this.
+1000!&nbsp; tried another platform with a dark theme... It was so enjoyable, even after several hours of play. Too bad it isn't possible (yet?) on Roll20.&nbsp;
The most important feature still missing.
+1
+1 for Dark Mode.
+1
+1 Yes please
+1
+1 Would be sooo good
+1 I really need this
+1, I'm not sure how this hasn't already been implemented given that it's a huge accessibility feature most sites have nowadays.&nbsp;
Is roll20 even listening?&nbsp;
They do, but they said previously that they are working on the frontend updates that are required for a dark mode update. It's been more than a year now, but I can see why it is so hard to add dark mode post-release if they didn't build the website with that in mind. I'd expect dark mode to be available in a few months, given that they have added an empty dark-mode.css file, so they are probably working on it.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Some reassuring words from the Roll20-team would feel good, I'm sure they have some kind of roadmap or something. It feels strange that the only current reassurance is that a user found an empty css-file... I'm a long time pro-subscriber who is considering changing VTT due to this single issue.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 this would be a simple way to offer a fresh look without doing a lot of CSS skin work
+1
+1
+1
Syd
Sheet Author
+1
+1 Keep this as high up as possible
+1
+1
+1
Senjak
Pro