Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ooh, I like that, Keith!

Edited 1605330911
Okay, what the heck did you guys do between the end of September and now(Nov13th)? (okay, this is weird, the version variable still says v4.21, so why is it working differently if it's still the same version as before?) Okay, I think I may have already found a solution. The Crit Calculator has been COMPLETELY destroyed for the purpose of variable dice calculations. I had posted a while back on these forums about using variables in global damage modifier fields , and getting them to respond properly to crits. I already had to jump through a lot of hoops, but I at least was able to get things to work. I realize that I requested making sure that variables don't ALWAYS get added into the crit calculation, BUT that was supposed to be ONLY for variables that WEREN'T attached to dice values. Now instead of stripping the math out of the variables in the crit calculator, the variables get stripped out ENTIRELY. Originally, I had my global damages set to ([[var=8]]d6sneak + [[var=3]]d8thunder + 1d6hex + 5curse) if I crit before, I would get ([[var=8]]d6sneak + [[var=3]]d8thunder + 1d6hex + 5curse) + ([[var=8]]d6sneak + [[var=3]]d8thunder + 1d6hex) now instead, crits only get ([[var=8]]d6sneak + [[var=3]]d8thunder + 1d6hex + 5curse) + (1d6hex) The worst part is that before I had to jump through hoops, but I was able to get things to work. Now I don't see any way at all to get the variables to crit properly. This leaves me with no option but to manually adjust my all global damages every level. That gets to be incredibly finicky, especially when it shouldn't be necessary to keep track of at all. Okay, that turned out to be a lot easier than I expected. I needed to manually add the same variable values to the "critical damage" section within each of the global damage modifiers, and then the crits did everything just the way they're supposed to. You don't have to do that when the dice doesn't use a variable. Oh! And it seems like with that, I can let the math happen WITHIN the global damage dice value, and not have the math stripped out. Glad that issue has been addressed. I should have assumed that Fixing things would have caused problems with the weird workaround I found.
Miguel
Pro
Sheet Author
@Linda: Really good points. Lets keep this discussion going and see what others have to say about it. @keith: Thank you very much. This should be easy to implement and I can see the value coming from such change. Kind of a "low hanging fruit" ;)
I like this layout A LOT.  However, I would change the "X" above the number of items into a "#" which is the symbol that usually represents "number".  If I were to add to it though, I'd possibly include a second weight column - one column for "weight per unit" and the second being "total weight".  I sometimes suspect that weights are not being calculated correctly, especially on items that individually weigh less than a pound.  The second column would make it clear about how the total weight at the bottom is being calculated. And there needs to be room at the bottom underneath "Total weight" for "Encumbered" and "Heavily Encumbered" if you're using the variant encumbrance (PHB p. 176) which I do for some games. keithcurtis said: Miguel said: As a designer myself, I would find extremely useful if folks could share ideas using visual instead of words. I am not asking anyone to write HTML/CSS, a pen and paper sketch would be more than enough to communicate your ideas properly across the board. And please bear in mind we keep a very close eye to this forum, so, even your comment or idea does not get a direct reply, we will always evaluate it internally and possibly turn it into an actionable item. The short and long rest buttons, for example, just became a 'thing' in our backlog. Have a nice weekend and good games for you all ;) Hi Miguel, This is very quick and dirty, but is the layout for equipment that I was proposing. Coinage in a row across the top allows for every item row to be much wider. Wide enough so that not only can you see more of the name, you could have a check box for whether it is equipped. I'm sure others may have some ideas for how the space extra space could be leveraged, but right now, by following the print design in this instance, we are winding up with wasted/underutilized space. (The box sizes and styles could use some work, too).
I noticed that the current character sheet does not show the character's weight! My players were crossing a crumbling bridge that has a weight limit before it collapses. The only weight info on the character sheets was the weight of their equipment.The Charactermancer has the player fill out their weight but doesn't seem to record it anywhere. (Am I missing something here?) I would like to see their gross weight, character and equipment, on their sheet so that I can adjudicate their success in crossing or not.
Bio tab has a weight of character.
Thank you Kilter, I must be blind.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Weight is recorded on the Bio tab of the sheet (not to be confused with the Bio & Info tab of the character journal). and can be accessed as @{charactername|weight} or @{selected|weight} To see the total weight (which correct, is not displayed anywhere), select their token and run the macro: [[@{selected|weight}+@{selected|weighttotal}]] You can dress those up to be whispered to GM, or put into a roll template.
Thanks Keith. I'll make a macro to check the characters when they return across the crumbling stone bridge high above the gorge.
Is there a way to reference the name of a tool proficiency, custom skill, other proficiency, or language?  I'm working on a powercard for PCs that will list all trained skills to the chat, but haven't had any luck referencing those two areas.

Edited 1605473777
Hi and sorry in advance as I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this issue. Majority of my monster tokens that have traits give me the following "no attribute found" bug. It's been some weeks since we last played so something has changed. Some of the monster token traits still work, and if I copy one of those tokens as a base template it'll somehow insert the old text to the new trait's description despite it being changed. For example Zombie lord's "Zombie master" trait has headline correct but text isn't - it's from the "source" (copied Ork token template). And if I remove all traits and redo them again, I get the complete error message (as in Legendary save below). Is this Roll20 or sheet issue? I'm puzzled. It almost seems like all my "homebrew" monsters are affected, not the "pure" drawn from the compendium. /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_desc}}}

Edited 1605476218
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Joona K. said: /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_desc}}} Change desc into description in those macros It's a know change that was resulted from a change on the character sheet for some months ago: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5E_by_Roll20#Known_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5E_by_Roll20#Known_Issues</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Andreas is correct. Also, the reason some monsters will work and others won't is that old ones may retain the old "desc" field. That field is not longer created on new sheets. I can't remember if editing will also clear out the old desc field. In any case, it is now deprecated.
I am not certain if this is the correct place for requests, please let me know if those should go somewhere else. The request is as follows: Add an option to the "Whisper Rolls to GM" functionality to allow rolls to be seen only by the GM (i.e. the player rolling does not see the roll) The option should use a Toggle as per the current "Whisper Toggle" Ideally while the roll is only shown to the DM, text should appear in normal chat saying something along the lines of "&lt;name&gt; has made a &lt;roll name&gt; roll" to provide feedback to the player that they did indeed roll correctly Is this feasible? ------------------------------------ Should if be of interest, the use case is essentially for situations where knowledge of the roll itself provides meta information on the likely success that the character would not have (other than whatever descriptive feedback the DM chooses to give).

Edited 1605548853
I really like the proposed layout from Keith.&nbsp; More space efficient and allows quickly seeing what's "equipped".&nbsp;&nbsp; One additional thing I'd suggest it put the percent of total weight per allowance (15xSTR). Something like this: &nbsp;
Hm, what percentage would you put if using the variant encumbrance rules since there's "Encumbered" and "Heavily Encumbered" before the maximum carrying capacity is hit? Matt M. said: I really like the proposed layout from Keith.&nbsp; More space efficient and allows quickly seeing what's "equipped".&nbsp;&nbsp; One additional thing I'd suggest it put the percent of total weight per allowance (15xSTR). Something like this: &nbsp;

Edited 1605554877
I'd keep the % as the % of Max Carrying Capacity (15xSTR).&nbsp; If you use the variant encumbrance rules, those are 5xSTR and 10XSTR, so you can still easily see if you are &gt;33% (Encumbered) or &gt;66% (Heavily Encumbered). Saul J. said: Hm, what percentage would you put if using the variant encumbrance rules since there's "Encumbered" and "Heavily Encumbered" before the maximum carrying capacity is hit? Matt M. said: I really like the proposed layout from Keith.&nbsp; More space efficient and allows quickly seeing what's "equipped".&nbsp;&nbsp; One additional thing I'd suggest it put the percent of total weight per allowance (15xSTR). Something like this: &nbsp;
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Francesco said: I am not certain if this is the correct place for requests, please let me know if those should go somewhere else. The request is as follows: Add an option to the "Whisper Rolls to GM" functionality to allow rolls to be seen only by the GM (i.e. the player rolling does not see the roll) The option should use a Toggle as per the current "Whisper Toggle" Ideally while the roll is only shown to the DM, text should appear in normal chat saying something along the lines of "&lt;name&gt; has made a &lt;roll name&gt; roll" to provide feedback to the player that they did indeed roll correctly Is this feasible? ------------------------------------ Should if be of interest, the use case is essentially for situations where knowledge of the roll itself provides meta information on the likely success that the character would not have (other than whatever descriptive feedback the DM chooses to give). If that is the desired effect, the GM can initiate the roll while setting "Whisper to GM" and then tell the player the result of the roll. Similar requests have been made in the past. My feeling is that Roll20 has tried to avoid any efforts to obfuscate rolls, and the dice mechanics largely mirror what happens at the table. If anyone rolls dice in the open at the table or on Roll20, the table has knowledge of the roll and its value. If the GM rolls at the table behind a screen, the table only knows a roll was made. The only difference with Roll20 in that scenario is that nobody knows the roll was made. It might be possible to use the API to listen when dice are rolled behind a whisper and output "&lt;person&gt; rolls dice" to the chat window.
Hello everyone! Thismorning i went to review the game i have from D&amp;D for tomorrow and surprise when i saw that the entire file is in English, when before it was in Spanish. Is it for a new version or something?

Edited 1605702865
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
[Request]: Would it be possible to add a " confirm deletion ?" prompt when deleting attributes, similar to the one used when deleting abilities? I was in a flurry of clicking yesterday between dialogs and I'm 99% sure I accidentally deleted an attribute on one of my sheets with an errant mouse click. Since attributes don't seem to have a specific order to them, it's practically impossible to tell which one got zapped through comparison with other sheets, etc. ...or does it not matter? Will some mysterious sheetworker regenerate the attribute at some later time/event?
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Ainhur, I am sorry to hear about that. Could you send me a private message with the URL for the affected game?
Good evening, I faced a similar problem, the Russian language disappeared in dnd 5, this problem is not only for me, but also for other familiar masters
Ainhur said: Hello everyone! Thismorning i went to review the game i have from D&amp;D for tomorrow and surprise when i saw that the entire file is in English, when before it was in Spanish. Is it for a new version or something? Good Evening from Germany too, the same goes for my Character Sheets. It's not a big issue but some of my players will have a hard time playing with an English Sheet. If there is a way for me too help find the issue I am happy to do it.
Hi, after the last update ALL my character sheets in Italian (in ALL game) have turned into English. (note that in my account setting I have still selected Italian as predefined language)

Edited 1605724539
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey folks -&nbsp; We are aware of the issue with 5e sheet translations and are putting out a fix for it today. I'll let you know when that fix goes live. Apologies for the trouble!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to request this (or whether it's been requested already), but please could a global crit range modifier/override of some sort be added? The use-case I have for this is Hexblade's Curse which, when applied to a target, results in "Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20." Currently I've had to modify the crit range for every attack with [[20-?{Hexblade's Curse|No,0|Yes,1}]] I would really like to have a toggleable override so I don't have the prompt on every attack. If this isn't the right place, please let me know where I should make this request instead. Cheers.

Edited 1605775245
Hi @Nicholas it seems the bug is fixed today Thanks
@Miguel I'm sure it's lower priority right now, but when might we see the inventory changes? :) I'm starting a new campaign in the next month that will use heavy inventory management and @keithcurtis' idea would be amazing!
Hey everyone -&nbsp; Just wanted to let you know that translations on the 5e sheet should be fixed and good to go now. Please let us know if you experience any other trouble! Thanks!
I really love what are you making with this web and the community that keeps growing day after day.

Edited 1606076745
Falk
Plus
The Fire Beetle's Token (at least the one in the OotA compendium) does not emit light. (LDL) Edit: I've sent a Help Center Request, just like Keith proposed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Falk said: The Fire Beetle's Token (at least the one in the OotA compendium) does not emit light. (LDL) Hi Falk, That's the sort of thing you should report in a&nbsp; Help Center Request . It will generate a ticket and the problem will be assigned to a team member. Reporting it here on the sheet feedback thread won't be seen by the right folks.
As a Poor schlub who can't afford any of the roll20 content modules right now, I have to manually populate my roll20 monk character sheet, which is fine for me right now but How do I Properly add Stunning Strike to the attacks and spellcasting area of the sheet?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Bloodfang (Ivan) said: As a Poor schlub who can't afford any of the roll20 content modules right now, I have to manually populate my roll20 monk character sheet, which is fine for me right now but How do I Properly add Stunning Strike to the attacks and spellcasting area of the sheet? You don't add it to Attacks and Spellcasting because there is no attack roll or damage roll. Place it in the Features &amp; Traits section at the bottom-right of the character sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Stunning%20Strike#h-Stunning%20Strike" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Stunning%20Strike#h-Stunning%20Strike</a>

Edited 1606151940
Unless I'm missing something, I don't think you would. Something like a description of Stunning Strike typically goes in the Features &amp; Traits section in the right column. Then you'll want to create a resource box for your Ki, and... that's pretty much that. (ETA crossposted)

Edited 1606159337
Brian C. said: Bloodfang (Ivan) said: As a Poor schlub who can't afford any of the roll20 content modules right now, I have to manually populate my roll20 monk character sheet, which is fine for me right now but How do I Properly add Stunning Strike to the attacks and spellcasting area of the sheet? You don't add it to Attacks and Spellcasting because there is no attack roll or damage roll. Place it in the Features &amp; Traits section at the bottom-right of the character sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Stunning%20Strike#h-Stunning%20Strike" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Stunning%20Strike#h-Stunning%20Strike</a> Craig M. said: Unless I'm missing something, I don't think you would. Something like a description of Stunning Strike typically goes in the Features &amp; Traits section in the right column. Then you'll want to create a resource box for your Ki, and... that's pretty much that. (ETA crossposted) Not true - I helped OP in a DM bc I didn't think it was quite on-topic, but you can do this: You could also set that up as a macro reference on the Attributes and abilities tab: Starting at the 1st in your attacks and spellcasting list, starting with the first being zero, the next being one, the next being two (standard array counting), etc.; determine which number this Stunning Strike Attack is in the list Select the Character's Token Type @{selected|repeating_attack_$ 0 _attack}, where 0 is the number you got from step #1.&nbsp; It will error - this is on purpose.&nbsp; Copy the reference from the error (My cheat way of acquiring the true codename/ direct reference of the attack, rather than the arrayed reference, as a simple realigning of things would break an array reference). No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_attack_-LtJml7NAY4EBqqmhBRE_attack} Go to the Attribute's &amp; Abilities tab, Create a new Ability, "StStrike" Paste the reference into the StStrike Ability Replace the @ with a % Replace selected with the name of the character as it appears at the top of the sheet. Now, in any description of the attacks you want to use Stunning Strike with, add this (replacing " NameOfCharacter " with the actual Character's name): [Stunning Strike](~ NameOfCharacter |StStrike) An alternate method would be simply doing the attack, hitting the UP arrow key in the chatbox, CTRL+A, CTRL+X, Making the Attribute and instead of above, putting everything just copied to the clipboard with CTRL+V.&nbsp; This way you could delete the original attack, and eliminate extra add-ins that might not be relevant.&nbsp; For Example, instead of adding global damages and spell save dc mods: @{TheMonkCharacter|wtype}&amp;{template:dmg} {{rname=Stunning Strike}} 0 {{range=(Per Melee Weapon Attack)}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1]]}} {{dmg1type=Stunned Critter!!!}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{save=1}} {{saveattr=Constitution}} {{savedesc=Not Stunned}} {{savedc=[[[[(@{TheMonkCharacter|wisdom_mod}+8 +@{TheMonkCharacter|spell_dc_mod} +@{TheMonkCharacter|pb})]][SAVE]]]}} {{desc=You can interfere with the flow of ki in an opponent’s body. [image](<a href="https://media.tenor.com/images/1a41621386f6b0f175f54478093df381/tenor.gif" rel="nofollow">https://media.tenor.com/images/1a41621386f6b0f175f54478093df381/tenor.gif</a>) When you hit another creature with a melee weapon Attack, you can spend 1 ki point to attempt a Stunning Strike. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of your next turn.}}&nbsp; {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globaldamage= [[0]] }} {{globaldamagetype= @{TheMonkCharacter|global_damage_mod_type} }} ammo=-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A @{TheMonkCharacter|charname_output} you could do this to avoid them being added: @{TheMonkCharacter|wtype}&amp;{template:dmg} {{rname=Stunning Strike}} 0 {{range=(Per Melee Weapon Attack)}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1]]}} {{dmg1type=Stunned Critter!!!}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{save=1}} {{saveattr=Constitution}} {{savedesc=Not Stunned}} {{savedc=[[[[(@{TheMonkCharacter|wisdom_mod}+8+@{TheMonkCharacter|pb})]][SAVE]]]}} {{desc=You can interfere with the flow of ki in an opponent’s body. [image](<a href="https://media.tenor.com/images/1a41621386f6b0f175f54478093df381/tenor.gif" rel="nofollow">https://media.tenor.com/images/1a41621386f6b0f175f54478093df381/tenor.gif</a>) When you hit another creature with a melee weapon Attack, you can spend 1 ki point to attempt a Stunning Strike. The target must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of your next turn.}}&nbsp; {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globaldamage=}} {{globaldamagetype=}} ammo=-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A @{TheMonkCharacter|charname_output}

Edited 1606159591
As a footnote, in the above example, it is easy to deduct 1 ki point directly, without having to go through the inventory method by hardcoding the ammunition to deduct via API. But - you can only do one at a time. @Miguel Would it be possible to include a secondary factor into the sheet API that not only deducts 1 as default, but can be adjusted? In the above example, the name of the Resource field for Ammunition is "-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A" (You can get it to produce this for you via directly referencing where your ammunition is.&nbsp; In my Example above, you would enter "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}" and then roll the attack.&nbsp; Reopen it to edit, it contains "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}|-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A".&nbsp; Eliminate "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}|" now, as it is no longer needed.) Would it be possible in the future updates to add a pipe or hashtag, then follow that with a per use number?&nbsp; i.e.: -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A //default = deduct 1 ammunition, same as -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|1 -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|2 //coded to deduct 2 ammunition -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|?{How many Ki Points do you spend?|1|2} //Query to decide how many to deduct (Hashtag examples, in case the pipe character interferes with parsing queries when pipes are used in them) -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A //default = deduct 1 ammunition, same as -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#1 -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#2 //coded to deduct 2 ammunition (ki/ class_resource) in one click -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#?{How many Ki Points do you spend?|1|2} //Query to decide how many to deduct
David M. said: [Request]: Would it be possible to add a " confirm deletion ?" prompt when deleting attributes, similar to the one used when deleting abilities? I was in a flurry of clicking yesterday between dialogs and I'm 99% sure I accidentally deleted an attribute on one of my sheets with an errant mouse click. Since attributes don't seem to have a specific order to them, it's practically impossible to tell which one got zapped through comparison with other sheets, etc. ...or does it not matter? Will some mysterious sheetworker regenerate the attribute at some later time/event? Seconded - this has always irked me - and this is standard for all sheets' Attributes in the Core Roll20 Design upon which all sheets are built.&nbsp; It was no different for Shaped, and probably others as well.
Maybe I'm dense but why would you need to deduct more than 1 ki point at a time for Stunning Strike?&nbsp; You can only use 1 ki point per hit for Stunning Strike. Wolf Thunderspirit said: As a footnote, in the above example, it is easy to deduct 1 ki point directly, without having to go through the inventory method by hardcoding the ammunition to deduct via API. But - you can only do one at a time. Would it be possible to include a secondary factor into the sheet API that not only deducts 1 as default, but can be adjusted? In the above example, the name of the Resource field for Ammunition is "-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A" (You can get it to produce this for you via directly referencing where your ammunition is.&nbsp; In my Example above, you would enter "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}" and then roll the attack.&nbsp; Reopen it to edit, it contains "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}|-MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A".&nbsp; Eliminate "@{TheMonkCharacter|class_resource}|" now, as it is no longer needed.) Would it be possible in the future updates to add a pipe or hashtag, then follow that with a per use number?&nbsp; i.e.: -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A //default = deduct 1 ammunition, same as -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|1 -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|2 //coded to deduct 2 ammunition -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A|?{How many Ki Points do you spend?|1|2} //Query to decide how many to deduct (Hashtag examples, in case the pipe character interferes with parsing queries when pipes are used in them) -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A //default = deduct 1 ammunition, same as -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#1 -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#2 //coded to deduct 2 ammunition (ki/ class_resource) in one click -MMq6X0NpQtzSxf2T7_A#?{How many Ki Points do you spend?|1|2} //Query to decide how many to deduct
That seems somewhat confusing to me.&nbsp; It shows one damage - stunning strike doesn't do any damage.&nbsp; And it shows both "Not stunned" and "Stunned" at the same time before there's any Constitution roll.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think it should just show the text, show the DC, and that a Constitution Save is needed and that's it.&nbsp; But, you essentially get that from just printing out the information that's in the Features&amp;Traits box setting it up as others suggested above.&nbsp; The only thing missing is the DC which is easily calculated. How does having something in the Attacks&amp;Spellcasting box really gain anything? Wolf Thunderspirit said: Not true - I helped OP in a DM bc I didn't think it was quite on-topic, but you can do this:
This is my fault - once again ... sorry I interacted with this thread. Before I do, the answer is that you can use more than 1 ki in various places: Searing Arc Strike At 6th level, you gain the ability to channel your ki into searing waves of energy. Immediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 2 ki points to cast the Burning Hands spell as a bonus action. You can spend additional ki points to cast Burning Hands as a higher level spell. Each additional ki point you spend increases the spell's level by 1. The maximum number of ki points (2 plus any additional points) that you can spend on the spell equals half your monk level. Searing Sunburst At 11th level, you gain the ability to create an orb of light that erupts into a devastating explosion. As an action, you magically create an orb and hurl it at a point you choose within 150 feet, where it erupts into a sphere of radiant light for a brief but deadly instant. Each creature in that 20-foot-radius sphere must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 2d6 radiant damage. A creature doesn't need to make the save if the creature is behind total cover that is opaque. You can increase the sphere's damage by spending ki points. Each point you spend, up to a maximum of 3, increases the damage by 2d6. Awakened Astral Self Starting at 17th level, your connection to your astral self is complete, allowing you to unleash its full potential. As a bonus action, you can spend 5 ki points to summon the arms, visage, and body of your astral self and awaken it for 10 minutes. This awakening ends early if you are incapacitated or die. While your astral self is awakened, you gain the following benefits. Armor of the Spirit. You gain a +2 bonus to Armor Class. Astral Barrage. Whenever you use the Extra Attack feature to attack twice, you can instead attack three times if all the attacks are made with your astral arms. Drunkard's Luck Starting at 11th level, you always seem to get a lucky bounce at the right moment. When you make an ability check, an attack roll, or a saving throw and have disadvantage, you can spend 2 ki points to cancel the disadvantage for that roll. Touch of the Long Death Starting at 17th level, your touch can channel the energy of death into a creature. As an action, you touch one creature within 5 feet of you, and you expend 1 to 10 ki points. The target must make a Constitution saving throw, and it takes 2d10 necrotic damage per ki point spent on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Hand of Ultimate Mercy By 17th level, Your mastery of life energy opens the door to the ultimate mercy. As an action, you can touch the corpse of a creature that died within the past 24 hours and expend 5 ki points. The creature then returns to life, regaining a number of hit points equal to 4d10 + your Wisdom modifier. If the creature died while subject to any of the following conditions, it revives with them removed: blinded, deafened, paralyzed, poisoned, and stunned. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest. Shadow Arts Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you can use your ki to duplicate the effects of certain spells. As an action, you can spend 2 ki points to cast Darkness , Darkvision , Pass without Trace , or Silence , without providing material components. Additionally, you gain the Minor Illusion cantrip if you don't already know it. Disciple of the Elements When you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you learn magical disciplines that harness the power of the four elements. A discipline requires you to spend ki points each time you use it. You know the Elemental Attunement discipline and one other elemental discipline of your choice. You learn one additional elemental discipline of your choice at 6th, 11th, and 17th level. Whenever you learn a new elemental discipline, you can also replace one elemental discipline that you already know with a different discipline. Casting Elemental Spells. Some elemental disciplines allow you to cast spells. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting. To cast one of these spells, you use its casting time and other rules, but you don't need to provide material components for it. Once you reach 5th level in this class, you can spend additional ki points to increase the level of an elemental discipline spell that you cast, provided that the spell has an enhanced effect at a higher level, as Burning Hands does. The spell's level increases by 1 for each additional ki point you spend. For example, if you are a 5th-level monk and use Sweeping Cinder Strike to cast Burning Hands , you can spend 3 ki points to cast it as a 2nd-level spell (the discipline's base cost of 2 ki points plus 1). The maximum number of ki points you can spend to cast a spell in this way (including its base ki point cost and any additional ki points you spend to increase its level) is determined by your monk level, as shown in the Spells and Ki Points table. Spells and Ki Points Monk Levels Maximum Ki Points for a Spell 5th-8th 3 9th-12th 4 13th-16th 5 17th-20th 6 Those are many examples where you could use a multiple Ammunition deduction to adjust ki points (The same could be done for sorcery points and other resources).&nbsp; But clearly I'm in the wrong, again, for making possible what things people think are impossible.&nbsp; I'll go shut up again.

Edited 1606214878
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Scott Y (and everyone that contributed to the idea), the inventory changes have already passed through QA and the first version should go live today. We can improve it from there once it is live ;) Wolf Thunderspirit, It makes sense. I could probably add a "ammunitions per use" as an extra field once ammunition tracking is turned on, however, that would be useless until the scripts that actually decrease the resource took that in account. I mean, I could go as far as listening for resource changes (from sheetworkers), getting how much was decreased, looking back at the linked item, checking if the "ammunitions per use" is on, calculate the diff, etc... But that does not feel really optimized ;) But this is me speaking from the top of my head, I will take a look at how the ammunition tracking works behind the scene to get a better idea of what can be done. By the way, I see a lot of contexts, like charge based items, where this feature would be very welcome.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Miguel (and anyone else that understands character sheets better than me), would it be possible to add an API/macro field to attacks, traits, spells, etc. that would allow people to easily attach these kinds of special cases? It would be a whole lot easier if a four elements monk could drag in the burning hands spell and then attach a script that decremented @class_resource based on the spell level.
Brian C. said: Miguel (and anyone else that understands character sheets better than me), would it be possible to add an API/macro field to attacks, traits, spells, etc. that would allow people to easily attach these kinds of special cases? It would be a whole lot easier if a four elements monk could drag in the burning hands spell and then attach a script that decremented @class_resource based on the spell level. Already suggested.&nbsp; This would be the same suggestion as the Shaped Sheet's "Freeform" field being ported over to OGL
It was never made clear whether the inventory changes will show the words "Encumbered" and "Heavily Encumbered", especially if using the variant Encumbrance rule.&nbsp; This is needed, IMHO, because not everyone, especially newer players, will know based on the percentage shown what that means.&nbsp; It's best to have the actual words, in red color, like there is now.&nbsp; It's clear and simple to understand. Ty. Miguel said: Scott Y (and everyone that contributed to the idea), the inventory changes have already passed through QA and the first version should go live today. We can improve it from there once it is live ;)
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Saul J , In the spirit of progressive enhancement, this first version of the update only includes freeing up space by moving the gold amount to the top of the inventory, arranging the list to use the extra space and adding the "equipped" checkbox to the list. The total weight was just centralized without further changes in this first release. We are going to continue to improve on this feature moving forward.
Seems more like the spirit of going backwards, and affecting players/games negatively.&nbsp; This makes the "Variable Encumbrance" feature totally useless, and I use that in my game.&nbsp; Is there any way to "opt out" of this change? Miguel said: Saul J , In the spirit of progressive enhancement, this first version of the update only includes freeing up space by moving the gold amount to the top of the inventory, arranging the list to use the extra space and adding the "equipped" checkbox to the list. The total weight was just centralized without further changes in this first release. We are going to continue to improve on this feature moving forward.

Edited 1606236549
Miguel
Pro
Sheet Author
Saul J , I am not sure I got what you meant. Encumbrance will work the same way it did before the update. The update just improves the graphic layout of the pane by freeing up more space for the item names and by moving the equipped toggle outside of the small icon. How does that affect you negatively?

Edited 1606245819
@Miguel Thanks so much! I like this a lot. (Also to be clear, I made no contributions to the idea other than asking when it would be implemented) However, I am experiencing what seems to be a bug.The weight icon and column are not displaying in the correct location on the Firefox browser. (should I submit this elsewhere or is here fine?) EDIT: To be clear, this is what I see on Chrome: