Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
I am going to take a look at the equipment issue folks.
I noticed the Stay On Page/Leave Page dialogue too; when the save button was pressed. Mark L said: I'm in the Settings>Game Settings, trying to change settings in the Character Sheet Settings part of the form. The checkboxes don't retain their value when saved. After I select ADD DEX TIEBREAKER TO INITIATIVE or other checkboxes in the form and click Save , the checkboxes revert to unchecked. This occurs in Firefox or Chrome (latest versions). Drop-down menus seem unaffected. Also in Settings>Game Settings , when I change settings in Game Default Settings and click Save Defaults I receive a browser prompt asking if I want to leave the page. The changes only save if I click Leave Page , but the prompt probably shouldn't appear at all.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Saul J. said: I think you might be confusing me for someone else.  I don't have a source of friction about the SCAG changes.  Unless you're speaking about something else? I was just trying to figure out why these changes are seen as necessitating a change to the 5E sheet and I just don't see it. keithcurtis said: Hi Saul, Sorry, I thought that might be part of the "source of friction" you mentioned. What about the field is causing an issue with your group, then? Ah, you had responded to a question I asked of crazncanuck above, and I hadn't noticed the change in speakers.
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Folks, the issue with simple equipment view should now be solved. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused at your gaming tables.

Edited 1606922060
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit - whoops, didn't click over to the new page. KC already sorted out the confusion. Rules-related bit still applies though, recommend reading up on "spell target 5e" on stackexchange/giantitp for anyone confused about it. It was crazncanuck with the original post on this issue, just to straighten that out. No offence to OP, but "target" is very much a part of 5e spells and integral to a bunch of other rules... Twinned Metamagic is the first one off the top of my head. So hopefully this causes no further friction.
keithcurtis said: Doug E. said: Is there a way to add temporary hp to current hp and reference them in a token bar? Right now we are just adding the temp hps gained to the hp bar but the sheet has a temporary hp field that could be utilized, maybe. The Aaron has written a script for this. It records temp HP, and if you adjust the main HP via the bubbles, it deducts from the temp HP first. It displays the temp HP as a token marker dot, and if the value is 9 or less, puts the number on the dot. Here is one version , though I believe he has updated it. You will have to edit the first lines for the proper sheet. I can't remember if that is for shaped or the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. Of course he has! Silly me! But it looks like it is written for shaped sheet, certainly not for Roll20's sheet. And it has status marker stuff I don't need. But thanks. I might tinker with it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's the version I use  for the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. Just edit the marker definitions on line 13-14 to match what you need.

Edited 1607002408
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
RE: temp hp, I'm assuming the PC tokens are already using all three of the token bars for something else? We usually just use bar1 for hp, bar2 for AC, and bar 3 for temps. Another option if fewer than 10 temps would be to use a condition marker (e.g. red circle) with a number overlay (pressing a number key while mousing over the marker in the menu). Prevents having to open the character sheet to manage temps. Token-mod could also allow for multiple condition markers for the tens and ones digits if more than 9 temps. So you could create a token action "Set temp_hp" with something like: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red !token-mod --set statusmarkers|red:[[0d0+floor(?{temp hps?}/10)]]|red[]:[[0d0+?{temp hps?}%10]] Example when entering 14 temps into the query And another token action "Remove temp_hp" !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red Interestingly: from the documentation, using  !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-red[]  is supposed to remove ALL red status markers, but it doesn't seem to be working for me, which is why I went for the double "-red" entries.  Of course, you could also just use a token action to call the ChatSetAttr script to modify the temp hp, and Keith's version of Aaron's script to listen for and handle the changes. So many options!

Edited 1607076810
Brian C. said: Similar requests have been made in the past. My feeling is that Roll20 has tried to avoid any efforts to obfuscate rolls, and the dice mechanics largely mirror what happens at the table. If anyone rolls dice in the open at the table or on Roll20, the table has knowledge of the roll and its value. If the GM rolls at the table behind a screen, the table only knows a roll was made. The only difference with Roll20 in that scenario is that nobody knows the roll was made. It might be possible to use the API to listen when dice are rolled behind a whisper and output "<person> rolls dice" to the chat window. When we play(ed) live then the mechanism was(is) easy, the player would take a die and throw it behind the GM Screen. Hey presto, the players feels agency by rolling the die (rather than the perceived fiat of the GM rolling) but the mystery is maintained. For what it's worth... having the GM roll is Roll20 is tricky... as the necessary steps are (assuming players like rolling for most things): (1) Open the player character sheet (2) Change the whisper toggle (3) Roll the check (4) Change the whisper toggle back (5) Close the character sheet All while juggling multiple creatures, lairs, notes and trying to maintain an exciting and engaging narrative flow. When the alternative is the player clicking a button/rolling a die... which is pretty much one of the core mechanics of players playing D&D :-) ... of course there are other ways of achieving this (although I haven't figured out a one-button macro to do the whisper toggle yet), but considering there are already many variants of "whisper" in the sheet - adding one that conceals rolls from the player doesn't seem to be a paradigm-breaking ask as implied.
Yesterday I created a new game and invited players to that game. Today at least two of the players had problems to use the compendium, they can only access the SRD stuff and not what I had bought previously and opened to them. Could please somebody look at the problem?
Linda said: Yesterday I created a new game and invited players to that game. Today at least two of the players had problems to use the compendium, they can only access the SRD stuff and not what I had bought previously and opened to them. Could please somebody look at the problem? Make sure you're able to and are sharing the compendiums you wish to share.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Make sure you're able to and are sharing the compendiums you wish to share. That is working as it should be. At least one other player could see the whole compendium stuff, and it is of course shared (one of the reasons why I have the Pro status is sharing compendiums).
Linda said: Wolf Thunderspirit said: Make sure you're able to and are sharing the compendiums you wish to share. That is working as it should be. At least one other player could see the whole compendium stuff, and it is of course shared (one of the reasons why I have the Pro status is sharing compendiums). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you possibly exceeded the number of players per game that can share?
Question regarding the Variant Rule from the DMG about using a die for your proficiency bonus: The character sheet has the built-in ability to use this variant, but whenever you roll an ability check or a saving throw, it separates the Proficiency Die from the d20+modifier roll. This doesn't happen when you make an attack roll; it instead lumps it all together. Is this an intended feature? Is there a way to make it so that ability checks and saving throws work the same way attack rolls do?
I don't know what happened but the compendium works again for my players. Seems the software working here is very complex so some unexpected things can happen. Or, whoever repaired it, thank you.

Edited 1607211900
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott Y. said: Is this an intended feature? Is there a way to make it so that ability checks and saving throws work the same way attack rolls do? The easiest way would be to edit each attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section, then remove the tick from the Proficient checkbox in the attack roll section. Make sure you've got Global Attack Modifiers visible (there's a setting on the Settings tab), and add a global mod called PROF with the value @{pb}. It should now use the same roll both times for advantage/disadvantage. It could also be done with custom macros via the simple3D template if you don't want to use a global mod, but it will be a bit more work.
Oosh said: Scott Y. said: Is this an intended feature? Is there a way to make it so that ability checks and saving throws work the same way attack rolls do? The easiest way would be to edit each attack in the Attacks & Spellcasting section, then remove the tick from the Proficient checkbox in the attack roll section. Make sure you've got Global Attack Modifiers visible (there's a setting on the Settings tab), and add a global mod called PROF with the value @{pb}. It should now use the same roll both times for advantage/disadvantage. It could also be done with custom macros via the simple3D template if you don't want to use a global mod, but it will be a bit more work. This would be a great way to do this! But I was actually asking about doing the opposite - so that the Prof. Die roll automatically gets lumped in with the d20 roll (like it already does with attack rolls) instead of being a separate number. This seems to me like something to do on the back end of the character sheet, rather than through the options already presented.

Edited 1607231620
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ohhh, sorry I made an assumption from the "lumps them all together". In that case, I think you'd need to set up a chat menu or use a drop-down for all your skill rolls - the buttons on the sheet are going to use the simple3D template which intentionally separates the proficiency roll out - the idea being that you use the same value for both rolls when you have advantage or disadvantage (I believe the attack rolls are incorrect in rolling proficiency twice, as it stands.... not 100% sure though, it's not a commonly used variant). Once the value is rolled separately and used for both roll1 and roll2, it can't be added back in to the total without the aid of the API (unless there's some serious async sheetworker trickery possible?) - hence the (R1 + Y ||  R2  + Y) output from global modifiers & variant proficiency. A quick and dirty fix would be to switch off the variant rule completely, and edit the @{pb} Attribute so it's d6 or d8 (or whatever it should be). The issue there is that when a relevant sheetworker triggers, it'll overwrite your custom value and you'll need to modify it again. As a Pro, you could set up a !chatSetAttr macro to set all your players' values correctly at a single click. Annoying, but all the roll buttons on the sheet will function. I think only a level up or settings change should recalculate @{pb} and wipe your changes, but I'm not 100% on that. Choose whichever option is easiest for you, I guess - they all have drawbacks. I think the design is intentional though, so I don't think it will be 'fixed' - it has its very own template, after all. Also... I think you might be the first person to notice the inconsistency between the attack rolls and the others when the variant is switched on :)
keithcurtis said: crazncanuck said: Would like to ask if it's possible to turn off/remove the "Target" category on the 5e Sheet for Spell Descriptions... They're not an official part of the actual spell descriptions in the 5e books and I find I get player arguments about them that stem from people seeing them in Roll20 and assuming they're actually part of the official rules, when they're something Roll20 has added in for ease of reference. It's become a point of friction with some of the latest set of published spells for the newest sourcebook. While I can see an option to turn it off on an individual basis, it has a lot of use and the info is drawn from the spell description. I would not like to see it disappear altogether. I'm guessing this has something to do with the recent errata to Booming Blade? I believe it was more discussions triggered by the latest Sage Advice updates and confusion between Range: Self, and "Target: Self", the latter of which isn't actually an official rules entry, while the former actually is a thing on the hard copy books. That being said, it's actually helpful in explaining what's official that the Target entry for Booming Blade and Green Flame Blade actually drops completely empty when dragged onto the sheet right now.

Edited 1607254679
There's an issue with the 5E OGL character sheet total weight calculation when ammo tracking is turned on. I noticed this with arrows but not sure if it applies to other ammunition types. Using arrows causes the total weight to jump out several decimals. For example, I start with 5 arrows and fire one at a time. When I get down to 2 arrows the total weight is the top image. I can manually enter "2" in the arrows field and it resets to the bottom image. I tried this with differing numbers of initial arrows and the issue repeated itself every 2nd or 3rd arrow fired.
Oosh said: Choose whichever option is easiest for you, I guess - they all have drawbacks. I think the design is intentional though, so I don't think it will be 'fixed' - it has its very own template, after all. Also... I think you might be the first person to notice the inconsistency between the attack rolls and the others when the variant is switched on :) Thanks for the insights! You're right about it not being a commonly-used rule. I don't think it's ever something I'd use playing paper D&D, but with the automation that comes with the roll20 character sheet, I've been playing around with it in some of my games. Honestly, I wouldn't be particularly hung up on the Proficiency Die being rolled again if you had advantage or disadvantage - if only to make the total result of the roll a single number. Again, not something that I'd do with physical dice, but something that automation makes more tenable. But as you say, it's such a small piece of the game that very few people use, and maybe it doesn't warrant a "fix." :)
Miguel
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
Dear Scotty Y , you are on point when you mentioned the inconsistency as is Oosh when he replied that it is working by design. The reason for this discrepancy is that Saving throws and Skills were refactored to use a single die roll result when multiple d20 are used (advantage, disadvantage.) in order to follow the rules. With that said, we currently lack capabilities to roll a dice and perform math operations with it using roll templates, or, roll a dice and use the result on another roll inside a roll query. And that is why stuff like prof die and global modifiers are not summed to the original roll. This was a big refactoring that touched many pieces of the sheet for a feature that is not largely used and that is why is was not ported to attacks yet. I hope this sheds some light over this topic ;)
Miguel , thanks for sharing those details! It makes a lot of sense, even to a coding newbie like myself. Truth be told, I'd actually rather roll the proficiency/global modifier die two different times if that meant showing the roll result as one, final number. But I do understand that's technically not how the rules work, and so probably isn't something that will ever get implemented. That being said, thanks to you and Oosh for helping me understand!
Report Issue Sheet Issues  Class(es) /  Subclass : Artificer(TCE)/No subclass Description of issue :  When Artificer (TCE) is selected and the character is leveled to level 2, the infusions available are NOT taken from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. Screenshots: Expected Infusions that are missing: Armor of Magical Strength, Homunculus Servant, Mind Sharpener, etc. 
How do I add spells to my Cleric's spell list outside of Charactermancer? And other than the tedious manual method?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.).

Edited 1607512659
Would it be possible to change the way the bonus to skills work so that it could be a calculated rolled field? With Eberron and Tasha's there are several skills that get a bonus 1d4 to them, but it looks like the bonus field only accepts a number. Ideally the value would just get summed into a single figure, where you can see the breakdown on mouse over, rather than the '12 +3' style of display from the global mods. Or alternately could we have a toggle for the global mods to be summed instead of split out, and mouse over reveal the composition of the number. Hmm ok, just reading Miguel's post in the thread above: " The reason for this discrepancy is that Saving throws and Skills were refactored to use a single die roll result when multiple d20 are used (advantage, disadvantage.) in order to follow the rules. With that said, we currently lack capabilities to roll a dice and perform math operations with it using roll templates, or, roll a dice and use the result on another roll inside a roll query. And that is why stuff like prof die and global modifiers are not summed to the original roll." So the problem is catching and storing the result of single 1d4 across the two advantage/disadvantage rolls to be rules compliant. And then not being able to sum the result of the skill roll and the global modifier, because we have no way to do maths operations with the results from both rolls within the sheet. So why can't we do maths operations? It seems like an obvious functionality you'd want to be able to do with numbers, or an I missing an abuse case?
David M. said: Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.). For Divine spell casters, it might be nice to have the option to pull in the full class spell list for a level, so you can see all the spells you can pick from at a glance, and then use the prepared 'dot' to indicate which from your options you have prepared for the day. This is obvious possible to do manually, drag and drop, but it would be a time saver. Optional of course for those who want to keep things to a bare minimum.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: David M. said: Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.). For Divine spell casters, it might be nice to have the option to pull in the full class spell list for a level, so you can see all the spells you can pick from at a glance, and then use the prepared 'dot' to indicate which from your options you have prepared for the day. This is obvious possible to do manually, drag and drop, but it would be a time saver. Optional of course for those who want to keep things to a bare minimum. I know it looks good to have all the available spells in your list, but from a performance standpoint, it works better to only have your currently prepared spells on your character sheet. You can access the list of spells available to your class within the compendium. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content</a>
Brian C. said: Dresdon said: David M. said: Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.). For Divine spell casters, it might be nice to have the option to pull in the full class spell list for a level, so you can see all the spells you can pick from at a glance, and then use the prepared 'dot' to indicate which from your options you have prepared for the day. This is obvious possible to do manually, drag and drop, but it would be a time saver. Optional of course for those who want to keep things to a bare minimum. I know it looks good to have all the available spells in your list, but from a performance standpoint, it works better to only have your currently prepared spells on your character sheet. You can access the list of spells available to your class within the compendium. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content</a> Perhaps the limit on number of spells to choose in the charactermancer could be taken away for the appropriate classes. This would allow the flexibility of having more spells on the sheet, without drag &amp; drop for every single one. Unless I'm missing something, you can't take a list of spells directly from the compendium list directly to the character sheet; it's still manual (read the list; select a spell; drag &amp; drop) for each individual spell.
Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire.
Desecrator 7 said: Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire. +1
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That would be extremely useful.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kevin P. said: Brian C. said: Dresdon said: David M. said: Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.). For Divine spell casters, it might be nice to have the option to pull in the full class spell list for a level, so you can see all the spells you can pick from at a glance, and then use the prepared 'dot' to indicate which from your options you have prepared for the day. This is obvious possible to do manually, drag and drop, but it would be a time saver. Optional of course for those who want to keep things to a bare minimum. I know it looks good to have all the available spells in your list, but from a performance standpoint, it works better to only have your currently prepared spells on your character sheet. You can access the list of spells available to your class within the compendium. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content</a> Unless I'm missing something, you can't take a list of spells directly from the compendium list directly to the character sheet; it's still manual (read the list; select a spell; drag &amp; drop) for each individual spell. Right, adding extra spells is manual, but my initial point is the sheet can be slow if all the spells a class can learn are on a sheet concurrently. Looking at a list, whether from the compendium or some other source and dragging in the desired spells takes seconds to add the spells one actually wants to use. I wasn't saying it was the only way to do it, just that it will probably result in a better gaming experience.
+1 this would be such a help&nbsp; Desecrator 7 said: Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire.
Brian C. said: Kevin P. said: Brian C. said: Dresdon said: David M. said: Randall, by "manual" do you mean typing it out? The sheet supports drag and drop from the compendium. So, find the spell in the compendium, and drag it to the center of the character sheet. This works for other stuff, too (e.g. equipment, skills, etc.). For Divine spell casters, it might be nice to have the option to pull in the full class spell list for a level, so you can see all the spells you can pick from at a glance, and then use the prepared 'dot' to indicate which from your options you have prepared for the day. This is obvious possible to do manually, drag and drop, but it would be a time saver. Optional of course for those who want to keep things to a bare minimum. I know it looks good to have all the available spells in your list, but from a performance standpoint, it works better to only have your currently prepared spells on your character sheet. You can access the list of spells available to your class within the compendium. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%20List#content</a> Unless I'm missing something, you can't take a list of spells directly from the compendium list directly to the character sheet; it's still manual (read the list; select a spell; drag &amp; drop) for each individual spell. Right, adding extra spells is manual, but my initial point is the sheet can be slow if all the spells a class can learn are on a sheet concurrently. Looking at a list, whether from the compendium or some other source and dragging in the desired spells takes seconds to add the spells one actually wants to use. I wasn't saying it was the only way to do it, just that it will probably result in a better gaming experience. I get where you're coming from with the performance issues (I've been in the computer field for 45 years). Sometimes developers forget that users want to do things differently and from what I've seen, the performance hit isn't that great, especially if you are just selecting the ones you think you might use. Personally, I prefer to add all the spells I think I might need when leveling up. I don't want to go searching at the beginning of every long rest period and having the spells already on the sheet makes that much easier. Also, if the charactermancer has all the spells available to choose from, I don't need to go searching. So, why not make it easier for others, like me, who might find it a better gaming experience?
Another +1 here.&nbsp; Craig M. said: +1 this would be such a help&nbsp; Desecrator 7 said: Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire.

Edited 1607955758
Wonder if any further plans exist already on how to handle equipment on the sheet. As far as I can see, we have a single column available to organize equipment on the sheet. Such column might become very long for a PC being adventuring for many years. Some way to make visible where equipment might be stored. E.g on your riding animal, or home-base, or a dimensional hole like in a bag of holding, etc. would be helpful too.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
A "container" item with an expand/collapse control in the inventory would be cool. If the container had a max capacity and an option for nullifying the weight of everything within it, we would have a functional bag of holding .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Brian C. said: A "container" item with an expand/collapse control in the inventory would be cool. If the container had a max capacity and an option for nullifying the weight of everything within it, we would have a functional bag of holding . There is a recent suggestion for whitelisting the html tags that would be necessary for this. I have added my vote to it .
Alessandro said: Wonder if any further plans exist already on how to handle equipment on the sheet. As far as I can see, we have a single column available to organize equipment on the sheet. Such column might become very long for a PC being adventuring for many years. Some way to make visible where equipment might be stored. E.g on your riding animal, or home-base, or a dimensional hole like in a bag of holding, etc. would be helpful too. Brian C. said: A "container" item with an expand/collapse control in the inventory would be cool. If the container had a max capacity and an option for nullifying the weight of everything within it, we would have a functional bag of holding . We can already do this with a separate character sheet.&nbsp; Sometimes a few of my players have bags of holding, so I name them accordingly: " Bag of Holding (Mike) ", " Bag of Holding (Dan) ".&nbsp; I make sure they do, however, have the item on their character's sheet, and it weighs 15 lbs.&nbsp; You can also put the item on their character sheet by making an Ability called "Bag-of-holding" in their character sheet, have it show as a Token Action, making a link to it&nbsp; via /w Dan [Open your Bag of Holding](<a href="http://journal.roll20.net/character/" rel="nofollow">http://journal.roll20.net/character/</a> -Lmeqfp3gwECtVBSrKDz ) -Lmeqfp3gwECtVBSrKDz would be the character id of the bag of holding. To get the id, drag the sheet onto the tabletop, select the token that appears Type " @{selected|character_id} " into chat.&nbsp; What appears is the bag's character id. Delete the token Once all is said and done, any time Dan selects his character, he can click the button on top, then the link in chat, to open his bag of holding.

Edited 1607959686
Wolf Thunderspirit &nbsp;said: Once all is said and done, any time Dan selects his character, he can click the button on top, then the link in chat, to open his bag of holding. Thanks, sounds like a good interim 'til something more "user friendly" is available.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Once all is said and done, any time Dan selects his character, he can click the button on top, then the link in chat, to open his bag of holding. For a single click option, you could just put a link on the Bio &amp; Info tab that will open the container sheet directly.
Suggestions for spell outputs to the chat <a href="https://www.screencast.com/t/3YesMeO1s5" rel="nofollow">https://www.screencast.com/t/3YesMeO1s5</a> For the attack output: widen the box to same width as "for description only" box, so it's not so long. for D&amp;D 5e, spell name is always at the top, so move spell name and caster name up to the top. The saving throw and damage should be visually grouped, as they're often dependent on each other. add casting time, range, target, components, duration into the attack output, at least as a setting. As a DM, it's inefficient to have to click both the attack option and the "for description only" version to see all of the spell info that I need to resolve the spell. The more I think about it, the "for description only" box has all of the right info, it just needs the crunch roll20 generates, such as save and damage output, added to the bottom.
Desecrator 7 said: Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire. I do that manually and also add double asterisks around the saving throw type so it's easy to see at a glance in the wall of text that is the spellcard output. You also don't need the double brackets, just putting @{spell_save_dc} will automatically output the number in the text. You'd only need double brackets if you're using a spell that relies on a different attribute to do the whole calculation.
Dakota H. said: Desecrator 7 said: Since the current topic is spells, would it be possible to get&nbsp; [[@{spell_save_dc}]] added to spells that output the spellcard template? The majority of attack spells are already built to display the save DC when needed, but spellcards just display the generic spell text.&nbsp; So adding this line anywhere within that text means the DM doesn't have to ask for their DC when a save situation arises like with fairy fire. I do that manually and also add double asterisks around the saving throw type so it's easy to see at a glance in the wall of text that is the spellcard output. You also don't need the double brackets, just putting @{spell_save_dc} will automatically output the number in the text. You'd only need double brackets if you're using a spell that relies on a different attribute to do the whole calculation. Very true, I generally ask my players to update their own spells to include this. I find it easier for them to get introduced to the brackets, because it in a way teaches them how to add rolls to their features and traits, like Second Wind.&nbsp; This format was not what I intended or thought the devs would add, just having the spell DC somewhere in the spellcard output. I would think just having something&nbsp; like "Spellsave DC: 14" in bold at the bottom or top would be easiest for them to accomplish, rather than trying to adjust each individual spell.
QUESTION: BLIND ROLLS I tried searching for the answer but found nothing. Is there a way on the 5E sheet to make it so a player rolls and does not see the roll? I am finding the need for this when not using passive scores. IE have them roll Stealth or a Save or whatever, only output to DM? Thanks ahead for replies

Edited 1608043034
Jordan C.
Pro
API Scripter
Dragonsbane777 said: QUESTION: BLIND ROLLS I tried searching for the answer but found nothing. Is there a way on the 5E sheet to make it so a player rolls and does not see the roll? I am finding the need for this when not using passive scores. IE have them roll Stealth or a Save or whatever, only output to DM? Thanks ahead for replies Here &nbsp;is an old script that does this if you have access to API. I don't believe it is possible otherwise. This also probably belongs in the Specific Use or API forum as a separate post for future reference.

Edited 1608124668
Falk
Plus
Dragonsbane777 said: QUESTION: BLIND ROLLS I tried searching for the answer but found nothing. Is there a way on the 5E sheet to make it so a player rolls and does not see the roll? I am finding the need for this when not using passive scores. IE have them roll Stealth or a Save or whatever, only output to DM? Thanks ahead for replies It has been suggested here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4922089/gmrolls-that-are-hidden-even-from-the-player-that-makes-the-roll" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4922089/gmrolls-that-are-hidden-even-from-the-player-that-makes-the-roll</a>