Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A better way to organize pages.

+1 Folders would make running games so much easier.
+1: late to party, but yes please.
+1. Five years after the original creation of this post, this is still relevant to alot of us. Please take the time to look into this.
+1 Please
+1 Pretty Please with a penny on top! I have ~35 maps in one campaign but will at closing will need closer to 150+ maps for my world.. It would make things SOOO much easier. I have on several occasions decided to skip game plans, encounters, quests, etc to avoid total chaos of map selections. Hindering stories, player satisfaction, and fulfillment/satisfaction as a DM. I'm sure there must be an easy-ish solution and implementation, and the turnout would be MASSIVELY helpful compared to the effort! I'm sure many of us would even be willing to pool together a few dollars if funding was required. This is a major core desire! Unless system functions rely on the core file system in place already?  Keep up the amazing work and support!!! :)
Gabe-Jan M. said: +1. Five years after the original creation of this post, this is still relevant to alot of us. Please take the time to look into this. +1 Yeah, crazy. I was literally going to make a thread on this and found this thread through the search feature. I am honestly surprised, given the number of votes and how long this thread has been around that Map Folders are not a thing yet. It would make keeping organized so much nicer if we could have folders and sub folders for maps.
+20
+100000000000000 having folders for map pages would be a game changer!!!!
+1  Would make things so much easier
Byucknah The Red said: Gabe-Jan M. said: +1. Five years after the original creation of this post, this is still relevant to alot of us. Please take the time to look into this. +1 Yeah, crazy. I was literally going to make a thread on this and found this thread through the search feature. I am honestly surprised, given the number of votes and how long this thread has been around that Map Folders are not a thing yet. It would make keeping organized so much nicer if we could have folders and sub folders for maps. Yep, as the thread's originator, I know how it feels. 
Wow...five years later.   Add me to the chorus of people calling for this.
+1 please add
+1  Though, 5 years and folders haven't been added yet is rather eye-opening. 
And as this has hung me & my co-GM up on more than one occasion, I stopped running games 3 yrs ago, & stopped paying the sub 2 yrs ago. My co-GM says as soon as competitors go system agnostic, he's done w R20. 

Edited 1609980646
Let's say I need multiple, playable maps for a specific location, say a city. Why isn't there the option to place all those related maps into a single folder? It'd make organizing that much easier then having 100+ maps scattered. EDIT: Holy crap.. 5 years still and this wasn't implemented?
My god...
having the same issue as you @forge 
+1 for Folders as a way to organise maps.
So, uh Roll20? Folders in the page toolbar? After 5 years of requests, it would be great to have.
Who do we gotta private message to get this going. Five years and one feature like this should have been done at least two years ago.
+1,000,000 It's a nightmare and it's getting worse the longer my game goes. :(
I like the ideas \0/
+1 from me. My campaign hasn't even run that long, but I'd love to have options beyond "it's in the main toolbar" and "it's in the archive," especially so I can keep maps for side adventures organized together
Level 20 Studios
Plus
Marketplace Creator
+1, current campaign is 76 maps and growing quickly!
Personally, at a minimum, it would be nice if addon added pages would at least show up in a consistent spot at either the beginning or end of the list rather than in some seemingly random mix with existing pages. But yes, a way to folder or bucket the pages would be ideal.
This would seriously be so good as a DM! Scrolling through pages and pages of maps etc is really a setback of roll 20! A simple folders option would make it so easy to have grouped town/dungeon maps
+1 C'mon Roll20 of all the coding that has been done for the site this should be one of the easier things to get done. 
+1 I need this so bad lol
Don't hold your breath.

Edited 1612938079
Nala
Plus
+1 from me This is literally my current hangup for a campaign and a oneshot room that I run, the oneshot room needs dozens and dozens of maps, and can reuse them on a whim, I had created over a hundred, and have now culled it down to about 20 because I just can't be bothered to scroll the page toolbar forever and ever to find the right map anymore, let alone creating a new one for an encounter.  It has hung me up from running any games in the last two to three weeks.
+1
+1, I don't care how long ago this request was made, this would make things SO MUCH better if we had folder/search functionality or at least SOME sort of organizational tools within Page Toolbar.
This would be a significant improvement in game flow.  Please add this option. 
+1
Divers
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 Considering going to another tool for this feature
+1
+1
+1

Edited 1613915608
Nove
Pro
+1 even an api script'd be ok, can someone do this? With more than 100 maps and 5 reigns, it's difficult to setup villages and cities randomically, it's a mess and there is no way to organize it without folders! 
+1
+1 This is one of the main reasons my workflow slows way down on this site, and it's such an easy fix. Please, please, please, give us the option to create folders for assets.  (Another gripe: many authors don't use a consistent pattern for their titles that are part of a series, and it just adds 200% to the confusion.)
+1 vote - if Roll20 is even taking (considering) user feedback worth anything.  How about we pay $.10cents for each folder Roll20 allows us to create :)
+1 How long will this feature take to be done. What is the hold up that is keeping Roll20 Developers and the team from sitting down to crunch on something that is *super* convenient. I'll do it myself if I could get lessons in web development.

Edited 1614722444
Mad-Imaginative said: +1 How long will this feature take to be done. What is the hold up that is keeping Roll20 Developers and the team from sitting down to crunch on something that is *super* convenient. I'll do it myself if I could get lessons in web development. Well, it's been five months since this was put into "queued" status so, I hope that five months doesn't turn into the six years since I suggested this change.  
+1. Can't even understand why it hasn't been done yet as it's a primary tool. Problem is that others VTT are on the market, and some are more reactive... Please Roll20 guys, be active !
+1
+1 This feature is making me consider other solutions.
+1 functionality please, yeah, having the new dnd5e book on the marketplace is cool, but how about a goddamn way to organize your maps, something useful for all systems and will shut all these nerds up.
Not like 9ne more voice will matter but.    +1
I totally agree. Breaking a large adventure into manageable chunks would be awesome. This would allow you to organize based on locations, chapters, floors, indoor/outdoor, etc. This would way simplify having to suddenly take the PCs back to that small town they visited back in chapter one.