Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dark Mode (Roll20 so bright!)

Do this shit already.

Edited 1614523140
I can't enjoy this website without dark mode. I use the extension Dark Reader to automatically get dark mode on every website. Unfortunately it doesn't work well for the in-game version of Roll20.
Please, for the love of the gods...THIS. NEEDS. DOING!
+1
Came here to complain about literally this. Also can we get just a general redesign of the site? I'd love Roll20 so much more if it didn't feel like most of the theme, usability and features didn't come straight from the 90s...
+1 - I cant stand how bright it is.
+1
pls dark mode me eye ball hurt
I am dying right now. Pls Darkmode this alrdy...
+1 to Dark Mode
+1
Keep this train rolling. Dark Mode has been needed for years apparently. I understand the devs are always busy and we appreciate what you guys do but this would be such a HUGE QoL upgrade.
This also bothers me. I considered to finally switch to the paid version of roll20. Bus seriously... this too bright. Perhaps I switch to Astral TableTop before I invest here.
How this is not a thing already? We really need it! Staring into white screeen really hurts :(
Came here expecting a moist, empty thread from two years ago, got a STILL active thread from two years ago. Playing on dark maps (the maps themselves, not the lighting) is absolutely painful without a dark mode toggle.
+1
+1 yes.
How is this not a thing? It's been requested for literally years. 
+1
420 responses and still not added
Dark mode is such a simple yet such a valuable feature for any app. I'd love to see it on Roll20.
We need a Dark Mode at this point. Its almost a requirement for websites to have now. It a base standard needed. You get +1 vote from me
I'm not even a huge poster on the forums and I'm here to give my +1.  Recently switched to Opera GX and the built in dark mode on that breaks on Roll20 so you can't read any of the numbers.  So either get a built in dark mode or fix it so extensions/browsers can do it without problems.
+1 pls, sessions are not few minutes but last hours!! need a dark mode absolutely!!
My group streams and R20 is so bright my face gets totally washed out. Please add a night mode! <3 Also, the brightness is rough right before bedtime.
I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't happened already. I think it would be hugely well-received.
Yes please
+1 I came to the forums today just for this.
I would love to see a dark mode.
+1 please we need it 
+1
+1
If you're on firefox, this addon works well for the time being. <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_content=search" rel="nofollow">https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_content=search</a>
+1 from me, I think a dark mode would be fantastic, use dark modes pretty much wherever they're available.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1. My eyes scream.
How the hell is this still not a thing? You can break userscripts that fix the problem but you can't make your own dark theme? Jfc
+1
+1 please, please, please literally just pay someone to use their userscript, something, anything.
+1
+1

Edited 1616348256
+1 but for everyone looking for a good dark mode plug in that doesn't slow Roll20 to a crawl (cough, cough, Dark Reader), there's the Tampermonkey Roll20 dark mode plug in. Just remember to disable Dark Reader (or whatever dark mode plug in you're using) otherwise you're not getting the benefit of the Tampermonkey speed.&nbsp; ETA: The exact plug in is the RedReign / Roll20-Dark-Theme. It's made specifically for Roll20. UPDATE: It appears that within the past day, Roll20 updated something on their end that made even Tampermonkey's plug-in no longer work properly. Your sidebars will be fine but if you open up character sheets/statblocks, it's this broken mess of half dark mode and half light mode.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Have to assume this is on the to-do list, but I gotta add my voice to the chorus.
Logan O. said: +1 but for everyone looking for a good dark mode plug in that doesn't slow Roll20 to a crawl (cough, cough, Dark Reader), there's the Tampermonkey Roll20 dark mode plug in. Just remember to disable Dark Reader (or whatever dark mode plug in you're using) otherwise you're not getting the benefit of the Tampermonkey speed.&nbsp; ETA: The exact plug in is the RedReign / Roll20-Dark-Theme. It's made specifically for Roll20.&nbsp; The plug in has been broken for me and a lot of the people I play with, is it still working for you/do you have any idea on how to fix it?
+1&nbsp; In the meantime, anyone have a working plugin? Looks like the recent updates have broken the previous workarounds.