Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition by Roll20

Hi Steven, In general, Sheet Development releases at it's own pace rather than with the rest of the code push. We're waiting on a last piece of QA for us to make our own release for the week. We're still fully intending to release the added functionality this week. Cheers! Nic
Thanks for getting back so fast NIc, sorry for the confusion, and I'm really excited about the sheet development as its coming along. Have a nice day and thank you for your time :)
Stains are working perfectly! Health and willpower damage are massively more functional! and i noticed that the impairment penalty is now 2 dice rather than 4. 

Edited 1629326231
If i had to quibble about anything it would be this: applying the penalty to skills themselves means that if the skills you are using has less than 2 dots then it wouldn't work. it would make more sense to apply the penalty to the roll itself, but i don't know if that can be done. Thats a minor quibble though, a more significant thing is that it would be very useful to be able to modify max health to account for  Fortitude or other modifiers.  Overall I have to say I'm very excited about this development. The sheet looks a lot more usable from here on out. You folks are doing good work
Glad to see the changes! They're functional for sure. MY personal quibble is not being able to do X for aggravated damage and just forcing a tile to be blank. I think it's a little confusing on the eyes/brain once superficial and aggravated damage starts to mix and match. That and the fact that ALL health tiles have to be marked as taking superficial damage for impairment to kick in. I think it might be confusing for people once they get to the healing stage. Ultimately, the sheet is functional now. In fact I'd have to go the extra step and say that, before today, the official V5 character sheets weren't usable in an actual game -- but now they are! So let me at least say "thank you" for that effort.

Edited 1629385202
Alex
Plus
Great Update so far with the superifical damage. Can you do Humanity, Willpower or Rouse Checks with a button press  or will this be implemented later? And if you have more stains than empty humanity boxes you dont count as "impaired", will that be fixed aswell?
Hello. Just wanted to point out that skills dont highlight anymore, when they're selected.
Hi there! I also wanted to point out that I've noticed when adding in Health & Willpower, I'm getting the Impaired notation as well. Not sure if it's being worked on or what?

Edited 1630028948
I believe those trackers are meant to track damage, so the impaired condition is deliberate. Clarification: I don't know why aggravated damage is represented by a filled box rather than an x though
Hmm. Well if filled in is to track aggravated damage, then that might make a bit more sense. But I agree tracking aggravated damage with the X was much easier to do.
It would be useful if the max Health and willpower could be optionally separated from the stats from which they are derived. To account for disciplines or other effects. I also wish the restrictions on the final dice modifiers (only allowing increases and only up to 5) was removed.
Found a problematic bug. if you place more damage on the tracker than your maximum your skills **continue** to lower and don't seem to fully reset when you clear the damage.
I'm not normally looking at how a roll20 sheet develops this soon after it launches so I don't know the etiquette. I never really chat on the character sheet communities for other games i play. I was curios from people who have more roll20 experience, how much communication about sheet development priorities and time frames is considered normal? Is the expectation that if we want to know what current development priorities are we should ask, or is the expectation more that we wait for announcements and communicate on the devs terms (seriously asking this is a fairly unfamiliar social dynamic and I don't want to seem pestering or uninterested in proceedings)
Is there any way to increase the health and willpower tracker manually because some abilities will increase them (Fortitude: Resilience for example)? As well as distinguishing aggravated damage from a blocked box. It would be rather useful
Steven S. said: I'm not normally looking at how a roll20 sheet develops this soon after it launches so I don't know the etiquette. I never really chat on the character sheet communities for other games i play. I was curios from people who have more roll20 experience, how much communication about sheet development priorities and time frames is considered normal? Is the expectation that if we want to know what current development priorities are we should ask, or is the expectation more that we wait for announcements and communicate on the devs terms (seriously asking this is a fairly unfamiliar social dynamic and I don't want to seem pestering or uninterested in proceedings) Normally, I'd leave the devs alone and at most submit a few tickets, but this sheet was pushed out seriously broken, to the point that I considered asking for a refund. In that case, I think it's not out of line to ask for updates on a broken product. And I'm a dev myself. I often don't call products broken, even if they have bugs! Not everything is going to work perfectly day one, and sometimes, you learn to live around an edge case. But... you couldn't keep track of health. Or Willpower. You couldn't keep track of POWERS. That's a level where they shouldn't have even been considered for a closed Alpha, let alone a release. So, in this case, I think a bit of public push-back is called for. This was a very expensive marketplace item!

Edited 1630749365
I'm not really a push back kind of person, and I certainly don't regret purchasing the compendium, but to be honest I can't really justify using this sheet over the community sheet in its current sate, especially since I'm planning to work with new players, and I still don't feel like i have a good grasp of if I can expect that to change, and what time frame i would be looking at. Which is a shame because there's a lot about the sheet I'm really liking, I'm just not sure if i should wait for this sheet functionality to improve or try to use the compendium with the community sheet. PS. This is more meant as a general expression of concern, not any sort of attack on the devs behind the project. I want to make super clear that I'm not denigrating the hard work you've all put into it, it's just difficult not to compare this sheet to the community version because they are the options I have as a future Storyteller.
>  I certainly don't regret purchasing the compendium Well given the price and how flaky it all is, it was a bit of a rip off. So I do regret it and its the only thing I've bought on Roll20 I can say that about. 

Edited 1630790220
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hey Folks, I understand the frustration, and promise that we're feeling it too. We've been quite short-handed recently, but have just added a new sheet developer to the team that should help us get updates out for this sheet at a faster pace. In the short term (~2 weeks), here is what you can expect to be added to the sheet: An improvement to the Health & Willpower trackers adding better controls and the ability to set maximums. A rewrite of the Impairment system to make this more robust. A toggle to lock 'dots' to prevent accidental changes to attribute or skills. A button for Willpower rerolls. Buttons for Rouse, Frenzy, Remorse and Humanity checks. A button to allow for 'arbitrary' dice checks (select the number of dice and blood dice to be rolled, not linked to any skill or attribute). In the longer term, we're still looking to add: Storyteller Character Sheet for Minor and Major characters. A rewrite of the roll templates so that we can count the number of successes, as well as displaying the die faces A Coterie Sheet Significant Improvements to Drag & Drop Support for Mobile users If there are other features or elements missing from the sheet, please let us know! These are our current priorities, but if there are other features we should prioritize, we'd be grateful for the advice.

Edited 1630801320
This is actually really reassuring. Thank you for getting back into contact and providing us with info on whats been going on A couple of things that I think would help are changing the "extra dice" section to "dice modifiers", simply because that seems like a restriction with no benefit. A roll+ disciplines would also be useful, rolling disciplines like skills with traits. For the Longer Term, (and this is just something that could be a neat idea not really worth prioritising) Certain uses of Blood Potency probably be automated, based on the community sheet, (The ability to freely modify dice would probably negate the utility of this, and it sounds like a bother to code). All this is just one guys opinion so take it for what that is worth. Again, i don't mean to discourage anyone by making comparisons to the community sheet. And the last thing I want to do is insult the people who've put so much work into developing this one, but from the perspective of a customer it doesn't look great when the sheet I didn't pay for has more ease of use features than the one i did. (let me know If I'm being offensive, I'm not used to giving what I hope to be constructive feedback in this manner. And sincerely thank you for responding to the community concerns raised.)
Thanks for the roadmap Nic B it's nice to see the sheet is still being worked on and the dev team got a new employee to help with production of the sheet. Steven S it is frustrating and I am sure we all are as well in different ways but I would like to point out that the free vampire sheet that is an alternative option to use in V5 is if I remember a Patreon funded sheet so its a paid product but made available to the public. That sheet also requires the use of an API script to make the dice work properly and because of that it requires the game runner to have a PRO account for R20 which costs money yearly/monthly. As far as I am aware you do not need API scripts for the V5 official sheet since I do not use any API scripts in my current V5 game so what I am saying is that to use the public V5 sheet you still need to pay for a PRO account to use the API scripts and also as far as I am aware the Patreon funded V5 sheet has been in development for far longer and obviously has had a lot of kinks worked out. I hope in a year or sooner we can have the character sheet that lives up to the idealization of what we thought we were buying, till then I will still use the sheet since I enjoy the drag and drop capabilities.
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, I understand the frustration, and promise that we're feeling it too. We've been quite short-handed recently, but have just added a new sheet developer to the team that should help us get updates out for this sheet at a faster pace. In the short term (~2 weeks), here is what you can expect to be added to the sheet: An improvement to the Health & Willpower trackers adding better controls and the ability to set maximums. A rewrite of the Impairment system to make this more robust. A toggle to lock 'dots' to prevent accidental changes to attribute or skills. A button for Willpower rerolls. Buttons for Rouse, Frenzy, Remorse and Humanity checks. A button to allow for 'arbitrary' dice checks (select the number of dice and blood dice to be rolled, not linked to any skill or attribute). In the longer term, we're still looking to add: Storyteller Character Sheet for Minor and Major characters. A rewrite of the roll templates so that we can count the number of successes, as well as displaying the die faces A Coterie Sheet Significant Improvements to Drag & Drop Support for Mobile users If there are other features or elements missing from the sheet, please let us know! These are our current priorities, but if there are other features we should prioritize, we'd be grateful for the advice. One very, very important thing that needs to be added: Adding POWERS to rolls. This is super common in V5 (in fact, every power has this at least twice in their tree, if not more). I know that you're working on arbitrary rolls, but callouts are super important when STing, especially if you have new players. Some powers have different options for attribute, and new players will pick the wrong one (because it's higher).  Also, being able to click on powers to show what they do would be huge. We use this all the time in my PF2 games, and it can really help get the ST up to speed quickly when an unfamiliar power gets broken out.
Hi. Just wanted to say that the bonus dice function  removes  dice instead of  adding  dice. While this isn't a major issue it's a pretty darn quick fix. Simply remove the "-" sign before the "+" sign. Me and my group would appreciate this fix quite a lot.
I Love the ability to create ST Characters and the system of locking dots. That greatly improves its functionality. When I was testing out impairment I noticed a new problem, I was characterised as impaired one health box too early, I'm not too worried about that one because I'm assuming that's a side effect of ongoing attempts to update that system.
Hello, the Health and Willpower are broke on the sheet right now, i think its not returning to 0 when you remove all damage on both, and them you enter in impaired mode 1 point before it should.
Before I say this I want to stress that I am not here to complain about delays. I find them perfectly understandable and reasonable under the circumstances, and furthermore since some of the longer term plans have already been enacted I don't think it would be quite fair to call sheet development "delayed" precisely. But I do feel that the roadmap provided is somewhat out of date. and I was wondering if it might be possible to see an updated version, even if only vague information can be provided. I apologise if I overestimate the degree to which development has diverged from the roadmap, but I don't currently have any way of knowing which is causing confusion.

Edited 1632252218
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hey folks, sorry for the lag in communicating. We pushed the following changes to the sheet earlier today: Vampire 5e - Updated dice icons and added button to allow for players to make ad-hoc dice rolls. Vampire 5e - Added upgraded Health and Willpower display & controls. Vampire 5e - Improved impairment logic & styling. Vampire 5e - Added a 'start of session' healing button to sheet We noticed that these changes have introduced a slight bug with the page navigation, and will be releasing a hotfix shortly to address this. As noted, we have deviated slightly from the original road map I laid out a few weeks ago; we had the opportunity to bring the STC sheet sooner than anticipated, and so hopped onto it. This slightly changed the order of the other tasks. This is how the roadmap looks right now: Imminent Changes (~1-2 weeks) A button for Willpower rerolls. Buttons for Rouse, Frenzy, Remorse and Humanity checks. Midterm Changes (~1-2 months) Drag and Drop for STC characters Long Term Changes (No fixed schedule) Adding Rolls to Disciplines A rewrite of the roll templates so that we can count the number of successes, as well as displaying the die faces A Coterie Sheet Significant Improvements to Drag & Drop Support for Mobile users

Edited 1632250731
I really appreciate the updates to the impairment system and damage tracking. The sheet now looks a lot more usable which I find very exciting. One thing I would say that isn't up there that I think would be useful is the ability to remove dice as well as add to them.
I had a player of point out a minor error when rolling any skill + Strength, bonus die are subtracting dice instead of adding. Other than that it is clean.
It only applies to the player character sheet

Edited 1632418657
I have also noticed the same error, it does seem to only be with strength There is one more thing I was going to point out about the bonus dice, that will only ever apply in fringe cases, and that is that there will be times when the total bonus dice needed is above 5, which appears ti be the maximum the game allows. I'm thinking mostly of when discipline bonuses meet with blood surge, and I know its rare but it will happen especially at higher Blood Potency. I will concede this is not an objective flaw of the sheet, but I'm curious to know if anyone else had been thinking about this as well, or if on this occasion I'm being overly finnicky?
Do we know how long its going to take to get the Sabaat book on roll20?
This just occurred to me. It might be useful if Stains were able to cross over into the humanity tracker but doing so triggered the impaired condition Like it does in RAW I don't know how possible it would be to implement this system though.
Also I'm very glad to be able to modify the health tracker. that's incredibly useful
Anyone else having an intermittent issue where Dragging and dropping Disciplines replaces Disciplines on the Vampire Character Sheet? Is there a way to correct it besides recreating the sheet?
Jay M. said: Anyone else having an intermittent issue where Dragging and dropping Disciplines replaces Disciplines on the Vampire Character Sheet? Is there a way to correct it besides recreating the sheet? Been having that issue for awhile, like 2 months at least. Not really sure what causes it and replacing the sheet does not always fix the issue.
Hi Folks, Would it be possible to get a little bit of additional information regarding the Disciplines drag and drop issue? What behavior, exactly, are you seeing and does there seem to be any pattern as to when it occurs? A screenshot or video of the problem occurring would be amazing. Thanks!
Are there any plans to add another section in the sheet for rituals? They have a few more sections of rules to write down than normal disciplines and as such just placing them into the powers tabs isn't very clean.
Nic B. said: Hi Folks, Would it be possible to get a little bit of additional information regarding the Disciplines drag and drop issue? What behavior, exactly, are you seeing and does there seem to be any pattern as to when it occurs? A screenshot or video of the problem occurring would be amazing. Thanks! From my it is as such. Pulling a discipline out onto a sheet pops up as normal but it will either -Erase the top discipline. -Erase the last discipline that you just put in. Usually the slot that is bugged also has a red box like outline around it. Only way to fix the issue is to type all the disciplines in again manually or copy and paste the words since drag and drop does break sometimes. I have been using the sheet since it came out and attempted to make a new sheet and manually copy over the info but the sheets would still sometimes bug out anyway. It seems to be random when this happens.
This isn't really a complaint just a question about a design aspect of the sheet. Why is it that the Start of session healing button seems to follow the mortal rules for healing? Specifically it heals health as well as willpower, despite the book saying vampires only heal when they call on the blood to do so. This isn't a complaint because it doesn't cause problems, I'm just curious as to its purpose
Has there been further alteration to the vampire sheet roadmap? Or is there just a slight delay caused by more urgent bugs that were discovered since?
Hey is there a way to get the dice roll but for the older sheet? the current one lacks a lot of useful information on it.
Justin M. said: I had a player of point out a minor error when rolling any skill + Strength, bonus die are subtracting dice instead of adding. Other than that it is clean. And why can't we choose to apply a negative modifier?
Would it be possible to get an update on how thigs are going with the sheet production? I don't mind the delays necessarily but it is a little disconcerting that there has been no communication about those delays or what they signify I don't mean to be pushy but I feel like if the stated roadmap cant be met (which is very understandable) then we should be given some kind of guideline n how we should readjust our expectations. and again, I don't mean this to discourage or disparrage the developers, whos work i remain very grateful for. It's just a bit frustrating not knowing whats going on.
Been experimenting with the red outline bug that can happen with the v5 character sheet that then bugs the character sheet and overwrites the discipline on top. It seems to happen when you drag the discipline to a sheet and while selecting a discipline you press the [x] in the top corner and turn off the sheet while the charactermancer was on causes it to bug that sheet. Cloning does not fix the bug the clone sheet keeps the bug. If you press [x] a second time you can no longer drag and drop onto that sheet and it fully bugs it out.
Nic B. said: Hey folks, sorry for the lag in communicating. We pushed the following changes to the sheet earlier today: Vampire 5e - Updated dice icons and added button to allow for players to make ad-hoc dice rolls. Vampire 5e - Added upgraded Health and Willpower display & controls. Vampire 5e - Improved impairment logic & styling. Vampire 5e - Added a 'start of session' healing button to sheet We noticed that these changes have introduced a slight bug with the page navigation, and will be releasing a hotfix shortly to address this. As noted, we have deviated slightly from the original road map I laid out a few weeks ago; we had the opportunity to bring the STC sheet sooner than anticipated, and so hopped onto it. This slightly changed the order of the other tasks. This is how the roadmap looks right now: Imminent Changes (~1-2 weeks) A button for Willpower rerolls. Buttons for Rouse, Frenzy, Remorse and Humanity checks. Midterm Changes (~1-2 months) Drag and Drop for STC characters Long Term Changes (No fixed schedule) Adding Rolls to Disciplines A rewrite of the roll templates so that we can count the number of successes, as well as displaying the die faces A Coterie Sheet Significant Improvements to Drag & Drop Support for Mobile users Any updates on the 2 week pipeline stuff?
Is anyone else getting the weird bug where if you add dice to certain rolls, they're subtracted instead? 
If you are talking about Strength rolls you can see a few people above mentioning similar things a ways back
Thx for all the work going into this sheet, but there is one thing that keeps bothering me and the people I play with. Aggravated damage is still displayed as a filled out box instead of an X, and it kind of messes up everyone's groove because it's so inverse to what those things mean when playing on paper. Is that something we can see entering the sheet, too, at some point?
Also: As of now we kind of have to work around the system to apply dice penalties? Those are really frequent in the rules, but the "bonus dice" field only allows for literal bonus dice