Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition by Roll20

Also, I've noticed the partnership with drive thru rpg and I wonder if that means chicago by night will be brought on to roll20?
Hello, and congratulations for this graet work! So, Is that any way to only show the sheet to other players without activate the "can be edit and controled by" permition? Unfortunately only the "Bio & Info" tab is showed if you set player to see the Journal. Will be a must if the player could also see the Character sheet and do the rolls without the permission to edit the sheet. This would put the role of editing only for the narrator and would prevent some player to sneakily altering their own sheet. Can you guys help with this?
Alan D. said: Hello, and congratulations for this graet work! So, Is that any way to only show the sheet to other players without activate the "can be edit and controlled by" permission? Unfortunately only the "Bio & Info" tab is showed if you set player to see the Journal. Will be a must if the player could also see the Character sheet and do the rolls without the permission to edit the sheet. This would put the role of editing only for the narrator and would prevent some player to sneakily altering their own sheet. Can you guys help with this? I think that request is more for roll20 as a whole rather than this specific sheet, but also as a GM/ST, if you can't trust your players to not sneakily alter their sheets... maybe there's bigger issues at hand. I do like that this sheet allows the dots to be locked so that a player doesn't accidentally edit them with a mis-click.
Hi, 1. The whisper roll button doesn't appear to do anything.  Is there a fix for this coming anytime soon? 2. I don't see an easy way to do Willpower rerolls.  Is this something that will be added? Cheers
Steve said: Hi, 1. The whisper roll button doesn't appear to do anything.  Is there a fix for this coming anytime soon? 2. I don't see an easy way to do Willpower rerolls.  Is this something that will be added? Cheers Yeah, I noticed they took out the @{CHARACTERNAME|whisper} portion of the macro when they updated the template to auto calculate successes, I'd imagine this was just an oversight. As for willpower rerolls, my group and I use a token macro  @{selected|whisper}&{template:vampire}{{title=Willpower Reroll}}{{character=@{selected|character_name}}}{{attribute=}}{{skill=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{rolls=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{hunger=}}{{rollcount=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_3=[[1d10]]}} If you'd rather it be a standard macro, not requiring the token to be selected, you can replace the "selected" portion with the character's name
Hey looks like one of the recent changes has mucked up the text coloring for darkmode in the roll template. It's a bit rough to read, is there any way we can get this updated soon?
Is there any way to roll more than one dice for a Rouse Check? Rouse Checks with two or more dice are needed for higher blood potency characters.
Not to be all snooty but we've gotten a bunch of quality of life updates but we still can't roll for disciplines? I can tell my players to just do a /roll or learn to use the api, but I don't know anything about macros and how to set them up, so we're all pretty sunk in the water about discipline rolls and i have them just add on the dice equal to the discipline power level to the standard contest checks :/
Gauss
Forum Champion
Poseidon A. said: Not to be all snooty but we've gotten a bunch of quality of life updates but we still can't roll for disciplines? I can tell my players to just do a /roll or learn to use the api, but I don't know anything about macros and how to set them up, so we're all pretty sunk in the water about discipline rolls and i have them just add on the dice equal to the discipline power level to the standard contest checks :/ I suggest creating a forum post in the Macro forum asking for assistance. I or others can help.  Make sure you include the game system, the character sheet being used, and the specifics of the mechanics you need the macro to perform. 
Three months since an update that broke the dice roller... at this point I kind of just assume this game has been abandoned by Roll20. Which is too bad because with a competing product coming out this year for digitally managing VTM sheets, I'm ready to jump ship. Nic B. said: Hey folks, Just wanted to note here that we pushed some changes to the V5E SPC sheet today: Section Control - Choose which sections of the sheet are relevant to your SPC General Difficulties - SPCs can now have general difficulties defined Dice Roller - Uses the new dice roller implemented on the standard sheet for automatic result calculation SPC Drag and Drop - You should be able to drop SPCs directly from the compendium to a character sheet We also fixed an issue with the Discipline Drag and Drop overwriting existing records. Additionally, we resolved a number of architectural issues with the sheet code that were preventing us from fixing some of the other extant issues in the sheet. We're expecting a further update in the near future to address a few of the most commonly requested features and fixes.
I don't think the delay in communications is a sign sheet development support has ended. In part, this is because there is still a vampire section in the roll20 portal and letting that remain permanently drawing attention is not in anyone's best interest, so they'd almost certainly remove that section if they give up on the sheet. More importantly, such delays have unfortunately been a common characteristic of roll20s vampire sheet rollout. The pattern seems to be that communication will only begin again when some improvement has been completed.  I get frustrated by the radio silence too, but i thought they had packed in the sheet before and they hadn't. though I'd certainly understand jumping ship at this point.
Those are all great points Steven. It is still disheartening that there has been so little support especially when things have been actively break eg. the dark mode CSS. Here's hoping we get an update this month since it is the Month of Darkness  Steven S. said: I don't think the delay in communications is a sign sheet development support has ended. In part, this is because there is still a vampire section in the roll20 portal and letting that remain permanently drawing attention is not in anyone's best interest, so they'd almost certainly remove that section if they give up on the sheet. More importantly, such delays have unfortunately been a common characteristic of roll20s vampire sheet rollout. The pattern seems to be that communication will only begin again when some improvement has been completed.  I get frustrated by the radio silence too, but i thought they had packed in the sheet before and they hadn't. though I'd certainly understand jumping ship at this point.
Have we gotten any news on negative dice modifiers, thats one thing that the game gets pretty unplayable without for me, cause it literally renders so much of the sheet non usable if you have any operating disadvantages?
Hey any chance we can get an update on how the sheet is going? I think everyone is super eager for negative dice modifiers and we've been waiting about 5 months for something that was meant to be in 2 weeks :(
Does any one know how to add the number of successes whether its messy/crit or a bestial failure to the macro as the current vtm5 one always seems to get it wrong?     Aaron W. said: Steve said: Hi, 1. The whisper roll button doesn't appear to do anything.  Is there a fix for this coming anytime soon? 2. I don't see an easy way to do Willpower rerolls.  Is this something that will be added? Cheers Yeah, I noticed they took out the @{CHARACTERNAME|whisper} portion of the macro when they updated the template to auto calculate successes, I'd imagine this was just an oversight. As for willpower rerolls, my group and I use a token macro  @{selected|whisper}&{template:vampire}{{title=Willpower Reroll}}{{character=@{selected|character_name}}}{{attribute=}}{{skill=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{rolls=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{hunger=}}{{rollcount=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_3=[[1d10]]}} If you'd rather it be a standard macro, not requiring the token to be selected, you can replace the "selected" portion with the character's name
Sorry for the late response. Currently there is no way to autocalculate successes/failures or crits via a macro. This is because the portion of the sheet code that manages this requires an Action Button to listen to. If the sheet's code were to be made public, I could come up with any number of workarounds, but without that, we'll have to deal with counting the results of 3 dice xD. Gordon P. said: Does any one know how to add the number of successes whether its messy/crit or a bestial failure to the macro as the current vtm5 one always seems to get it wrong?     Aaron W. said: Steve said: Hi, 1. The whisper roll button doesn't appear to do anything.  Is there a fix for this coming anytime soon? 2. I don't see an easy way to do Willpower rerolls.  Is this something that will be added? Cheers Yeah, I noticed they took out the @{CHARACTERNAME|whisper} portion of the macro when they updated the template to auto calculate successes, I'd imagine this was just an oversight. As for willpower rerolls, my group and I use a token macro  @{selected|whisper}&{template:vampire}{{title=Willpower Reroll}}{{character=@{selected|character_name}}}{{attribute=}}{{skill=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{rolls=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{hunger=}}{{rollcount=[[?{DICE|1|2|3}]]}}{{roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_3=[[1d10]]}} If you'd rather it be a standard macro, not requiring the token to be selected, you can replace the "selected" portion with the character's name
our group solution was to go back to the old sheets 
Just in case people missed it, there's now an actual Willpower Re-roll button. Looks like it wasn't included in the change log updates. 
Xae said: Just in case people missed it, there's now an actual Willpower Re-roll button. Looks like it wasn't included in the change log updates.  So they added a button that... basically just rolls the number of d10s you tell it to, which you could easily do with the regular Roll20 functions. Meanwhile, something as basic as counting the number of successes correctly is still broken after months and months (despite me sending a detailed description of the behavior on the Roll20 Portal). I think they just gave up on this sheet since World of Darkness announced their own VTT.
Hell B. said: Xae said: Just in case people missed it, there's now an actual Willpower Re-roll button. Looks like it wasn't included in the change log updates.  So they added a button that... basically just rolls the number of d10s you tell it to, which you could easily do with the regular Roll20 functions. Meanwhile, something as basic as counting the number of successes correctly is still broken after months and months (despite me sending a detailed description of the behavior on the Roll20 Portal). I think they just gave up on this sheet since World of Darkness announced their own VTT. I get you there, feels like this is either an extremely low priority sheet or given up on. I just wish they would release the code onto the repo so we can make the fixes we all want for personal use. They've done it for so many of the official roll20 sheets i don't get why they haven't for this. 
I've been trying to set up some new SPC sheets for a few side characters, but for whatever reason the "Configure Sheet" button doesn't seem to be working.  I've tried creating new characters, editing old ones that I've previously configured, even setting up a new game entirely. So far nothing seems to do anything. The button just does not function. Clicking on it just doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any solutions?
Xae said: Hell B. said: Xae said: Just in case people missed it, there's now an actual Willpower Re-roll button. Looks like it wasn't included in the change log updates.  So they added a button that... basically just rolls the number of d10s you tell it to, which you could easily do with the regular Roll20 functions. Meanwhile, something as basic as counting the number of successes correctly is still broken after months and months (despite me sending a detailed description of the behavior on the Roll20 Portal). I think they just gave up on this sheet since World of Darkness announced their own VTT. I get you there, feels like this is either an extremely low priority sheet or given up on. I just wish they would release the code onto the repo so we can make the fixes we all want for personal use. They've done it for so many of the official roll20 sheets i don't get why they haven't for this.  Yeah, my vampire group (before the whole campaign walked into the sunlight and burned up) really struggled with this sheet and how 'half-finished' it felt. I agree it's so-low priority it may as well be abandonware. 
Rubaedo said: I've been trying to set up some new SPC sheets for a few side characters, but for whatever reason the "Configure Sheet" button doesn't seem to be working.  I've tried creating new characters, editing old ones that I've previously configured, even setting up a new game entirely. So far nothing seems to do anything. The button just does not function. Clicking on it just doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any solutions? Same problem here. I cannot change the configuration for both old and new SPC sheets. I can't find a solution either. I only noticed this last week when trying to add a new SPC.
Pegasus said: Rubaedo said: I've been trying to set up some new SPC sheets for a few side characters, but for whatever reason the "Configure Sheet" button doesn't seem to be working.  I've tried creating new characters, editing old ones that I've previously configured, even setting up a new game entirely. So far nothing seems to do anything. The button just does not function. Clicking on it just doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any solutions? Same problem here. I cannot change the configuration for both old and new SPC sheets. I can't find a solution either. I only noticed this last week when trying to add a new SPC. Yep, same. Also, SPC sheets do not seem to have exceptional dice pools and no way to add specials, like Guard Dog's "+1 to all damage done by dog bites". I figured that was something I could configure, but since that doesn't work.... I mean, don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful for this, and think that the work done has already been tremendous, but at this point, it is pretty much easier to just set up costum macros for every SPC.
Pegasus said: Rubaedo said: I've been trying to set up some new SPC sheets for a few side characters, but for whatever reason the "Configure Sheet" button doesn't seem to be working.  I've tried creating new characters, editing old ones that I've previously configured, even setting up a new game entirely. So far nothing seems to do anything. The button just does not function. Clicking on it just doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any solutions? Same problem here. I cannot change the configuration for both old and new SPC sheets. I can't find a solution either. I only noticed this last week when trying to add a new SPC. Same problem here as well.
Rubaedo said: I've been trying to set up some new SPC sheets for a few side characters, but for whatever reason the "Configure Sheet" button doesn't seem to be working.  I've tried creating new characters, editing old ones that I've previously configured, even setting up a new game entirely. So far nothing seems to do anything. The button just does not function. Clicking on it just doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone had similar issues, or have any solutions? I've been having the same issue.
Same here. The rouse check button does not work anymore and is not connected to an increased Hunger. And the compendium is no longer dropable on the sheet. It's become a mess.
Undred C. said: Same here. The rouse check button does not work anymore and is not connected to an increased Hunger. And the compendium is no longer dropable on the sheet. It's become a mess. I'm having the same issues. Seems that the rouse is still working but it's ridiculously slow to roll. For me the hunger was automatically increased, but again a huge delay. No matter what i try the discipline powers always come in like this when using the compendium also. If you hit finish it spends ages "applying the charactermancer changes", normally till you close and reopen the sheet. Standard rolls with attributes seem to still work,  however, there is a delay on skills. Again remorse seems hugely delayed. Seems to be an issue with the autocalculations in particular. 
Hey Folks, These bugs are now being triaged, I'll have an update for you shortly on timelines. Additionally, I wholeheartedly apologize for the length of time it has taken us to respond to these issues; there has been an unacceptable failure on our part to communicate. Some slightly happier news: these bugs have been introduced as we attempt to resolve some long standing infrastructural concerns on the Vampire 5e sheet, and address some of the feature shortfalls. Again, more news will be arriving shortly. Thank you for your considerable patience!
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, These bugs are now being triaged, I'll have an update for you shortly on timelines. Additionally, I wholeheartedly apologize for the length of time it has taken us to respond to these issues; there has been an unacceptable failure on our part to communicate. Some slightly happier news: these bugs have been introduced as we attempt to resolve some long standing infrastructural concerns on the Vampire 5e sheet, and address some of the feature shortfalls. Again, more news will be arriving shortly. Thank you for your considerable patience! Well, glad it wasn't completely forgotten at any rate. Thanks for the work you're doing.
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, These bugs are now being triaged, I'll have an update for you shortly on timelines. Additionally, I wholeheartedly apologize for the length of time it has taken us to respond to these issues; there has been an unacceptable failure on our part to communicate. Some slightly happier news: these bugs have been introduced as we attempt to resolve some long standing infrastructural concerns on the Vampire 5e sheet, and address some of the feature shortfalls. Again, more news will be arriving shortly. Thank you for your considerable patience! Thank you for the updates. We don't mind waiting as long as necessary, so long as we're kept informed.
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, These bugs are now being triaged, I'll have an update for you shortly on timelines. Additionally, I wholeheartedly apologize for the length of time it has taken us to respond to these issues; there has been an unacceptable failure on our part to communicate. Some slightly happier news: these bugs have been introduced as we attempt to resolve some long standing infrastructural concerns on the Vampire 5e sheet, and address some of the feature shortfalls. Again, more news will be arriving shortly. Thank you for your considerable patience! Following! Discovered tonight that the Hunger rolls are broken, as are the Remorse rolls. Probably more that we didn't notice.
Hey folks, Just wanted to jump in and let you know that this work has been assigned and will get attention soon. Sorry for the delay.
Side note, the same exact issue that plagues Rouse Checks is affecting Remorse Test. Also, can you find a way to automatically tick Willpower damage when rerolling?
Additional problem, dragging Disciplines from the compendium to the character sheet does not  work. The "SELECT YOUR DISCIPLINE POWERS" screen shows up but is exclusively populated by "New Powers", nothing, and then a finish button. Also, when you click the Finish button, the sheet changes to "Applying Charactermancer changes..." and then nothing until closing and opening the sheet, leaving no changes made to the sheet.
Nic B. said: Hey folks, Just wanted to jump in and let you know that this work has been assigned and will get attention soon. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update, looking forward to the fixes.
Nic B. said: Hey folks, Just wanted to jump in and let you know that this work has been assigned and will get attention soon. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update Nic. I noticed the changelog shows that we should now be able to send the disciplines powers to chat? Just wondering if this has been pushed as im not seeing the option anywhere? Also thanks to the devs working on the sheet, it's defs much more usable just need the frenzy and compendium fixes now by the look of it. :)
In my tests on Saturday, it seems like Rouse Checks are working again! Something else I've forgotten is still broken, but I know it's in the queue to be fixed. Thank you Nic and team for staying on top of this!

Edited 1678144425
Just to help out:  - The "Configure Sheet" button for the SPC sheets is still broken. (FIXED) - The rolls still appear in white font while using night mode.
Yay!! Negative dice modifiers, and remorse tests and rouse checks are fixed!!

Edited 1679107149
Our Storyteller has a number of books from the marketplace, and some of the Disciplines in the compendium seem to be overlapping in unusual ways. Specifically, the only power visible in the version of Oblivion from  Cults of the Blood Gods  is Umbrous Clutch, the same one from the  Sabbat: The Black Hand  book. The actual CBG Oblivion powers (like Ashes to Ashes and Fatal Precognition) are visible in the compendium when searched for by name, and they can be added normally when the Discipline is dragged over to a character sheet; it's just the compendium popup that's misaligned. This is in no way game-wrecking, or even that much of an inconvenience since the drag-and-drop works fine, but it's been this way for a while and I don't see any other posts about it. Otherwise , many thanks for the other recent fixes and QOL improvements!
A minor feature request for SPC sheets: a configurable Advantages/Flaws section. Brief Description: Having an Advantages/Flaws section as one of the Configure Sheet options would add value to the slimmer sheet for easy reference. I know a Coterie Sheet is somewhere on the roadmap, but in the meantime, having Advantages on the pared-down sheet would allow it to serve as a stand-in for tracking Chasse, Lien, Portillon, and shared coterie Backgrounds without having the normal sheet's Attributes, Skills, etc. in the way. Screenshots: Probably not necessary, but I made a mockup just for fun. I feel that this would be all I need to run most SPCs; seeing their Advantages at a glance would be even more helpful to me than individual Skills.
I was showing a player how to use their sheet and explaining things when I noticed a bug involving the new Impairment feature. When I added enough damage to the Health tracker, it completely wiped out all the dots on the player sheet's Skills for Physical even after I removed the damage to revoke the Impairment. I had to use my hard copy to re-add the dots as they were before. While the Impairment feature is nice to have, it shouldn't be removing dots at all because Impairment removes from the total dice pool. As it stands, if my player who has a 4 in Composure and 1 in Insight were to roll while Impaired, Roll20 only takes the dice from the Skill(Insight). This ends up with an incorrect dice pool of 4, when it should be 3 as Impairment removes 2 dice.
Pegasus said: I was showing a player how to use their sheet and explaining things when I noticed a bug involving the new Impairment feature. When I added enough damage to the Health tracker, it completely wiped out all the dots on the player sheet's Skills for Physical even after I removed the damage to revoke the Impairment. I had to use my hard copy to re-add the dots as they were before. Hey there, I'm looking into this now and can't seem to reproduce the behavior you're describing. Would you be able to share what steps you took to get this to happen? Thanks in advance.
Nora C. said: Pegasus said: I was showing a player how to use their sheet and explaining things when I noticed a bug involving the new Impairment feature. When I added enough damage to the Health tracker, it completely wiped out all the dots on the player sheet's Skills for Physical even after I removed the damage to revoke the Impairment. I had to use my hard copy to re-add the dots as they were before. Hey there, I'm looking into this now and can't seem to reproduce the behavior you're describing. Would you be able to share what steps you took to get this to happen? Thanks in advance. I just went to my game to re-create it and it happened first try. I filled the dots in once more to repeat it a second time, but then it didn't happen. When I first found this April 2nd, I managed to do it two times in a row with no problem but now it took me four times before It happened a second time. I've tested it by filling in the boxes both left to right or right to left to see if that made any difference. This bug might be a once in a blue moon issue so it was hard for me to figure out if filling them in a specific direction or pattern caused the bug. The thing I find odd now is how I was able to repeat it so easily on April 2nd but now it's harder to do so.
Could a print to chat button be added for the disciplines/powers and advantages/flaws? Some sheets such as L5R have that capability and its incredibly helpful during the game when the GM or other players need to know the textual part of the ability but reading it over mic or giving the page number and then everyone going to look it up is quite a hassle. If this is possible, it would be great.
Is it just me, or is the whisper function broken? 
Yurii T. said: Is it just me, or is the whisper function broken?  Yeah, it's been broken for a while. It looks like when they changed the template, they removed the @{whisper} from the front of each roll.

Edited 1681739335
Pegasus said: Nora C. said: Pegasus said: I was showing a player how to use their sheet and explaining things when I noticed a bug involving the new Impairment feature. When I added enough damage to the Health tracker, it completely wiped out all the dots on the player sheet's Skills for Physical even after I removed the damage to revoke the Impairment. I had to use my hard copy to re-add the dots as they were before. Hey there, I'm looking into this now and can't seem to reproduce the behavior you're describing. Would you be able to share what steps you took to get this to happen? Thanks in advance. I just went to my game to re-create it and it happened first try. I filled the dots in once more to repeat it a second time, but then it didn't happen. When I first found this April 2nd, I managed to do it two times in a row with no problem but now it took me four times before It happened a second time. I've tested it by filling in the boxes both left to right or right to left to see if that made any difference. This bug might be a once in a blue moon issue so it was hard for me to figure out if filling them in a specific direction or pattern caused the bug. The thing I find odd now is how I was able to repeat it so easily on April 2nd but now it's harder to do so. I think the more pressing point here is that this isn't how Impairment works in the game rules, so rather than fixing the bug, it needs to be overhauled. Impairment imposes a 2-die penalty to ALL relevant dice rolls. E.g. if the Storyteller asks for a Strength+Stamina check, and they're physically Impaired, they get a -2 penalty, but the current sheet only imposes a penalty when a physical skill is involved. Likewise, because this reduces skills down to a floor of 0 rather than a -2 penalty, if there's ever a roll involving a skill with a single dot, it miscalculates how many dice are involved. E.g. if a Strength (2) + Athletics (1) check is rolled while physically Impaired, instead of rolling 1 die (2 + 1 - 2 = 1) it'll roll 2 dice (2 + 0 = 2). I would guess, since they only JUST added the ability to do negative modifiers to dice rolls, that it was a programming challenge and so they made up this hacked-together solution. But if they're finally paying attention to this sheet, the whole Impairment thing with removing skill dots needs to be tossed.

Edited 1681739594
Likewise to above, in the rules you can never reduce a die pool to zero--you always have at least one die for a 50/50 chance of a success. Currently, if you have, say, 2 dice in a pool, and apply a -2 modifier, it won't roll because you have 0 dice. That's not how the rule works. I could apply a -10 penalty to a die pool of 1 and the player still gets 1 die to roll. The only condition under which a player doesn't get to roll dice is if the Storyteller tells them they don't, in which case they wouldn't be pressing the button at all.