Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition by Roll20

Has anyone else experienced delayed results on resist frenzy rolls?
Hey Xae, Many of the dice rollers are using advanced functionality to calculate the dice. Unfortunately, this may cause delay as calculations are run in the background. However, this should not be extreme delays. Now long are you waiting for these results to appear? Are you seeing this on multiple sheets or just the one?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Also something to consider, are you using 3d dice? That will slow things considerably. 
Nic B. said: Hey Xae, Many of the dice rollers are using advanced functionality to calculate the dice. Unfortunately, this may cause delay as calculations are run in the background. However, this should not be extreme delays. Now long are you waiting for these results to appear? Are you seeing this on multiple sheets or just the one? Hey Nic, currently this seems to be affecting all sheets from what i have seen and on average takes about 8 seconds to get a result? I'm not using 3D dice, and all the players i run with experience the same issue. Is that sort of timeframe what we should expect due to the calculations?
That seems a little longer than I'd expect, and if it's consistently that long, I suspect there's something timing out on the sheet. I'll raise a ticket to investigate. Thanks for the information!

Edited 1682501541
Xae
Pro
Nic B. said: That seems a little longer than I'd expect, and if it's consistently that long, I suspect there's something timing out on the sheet. I'll raise a ticket to investigate. Thanks for the information! Just adding onto this, if it helps narrow things down it looks like it is struggling to identify successes. 
Hey folks, Chiming in to note: we have released fixes for the roll timing issue that you mentioned, Xae. Additionally, the whisper toggle should also be fixed! We've got at least one more quality of life update on its way in the near future. Sorry if we didn't get to your problem yet, please keep feeding back and letting us know where we can improve!
Looks like there might be a bug involving drag & drop of disciplines from the compendium. Currently it seems to override anything that is currently in that discipline, not just adding. So as an example: I manually entered a discipline power, then went to add a power from the compendium. The prompt to select which ones I wanted came up and completely overrode what I had manually entered. The same thing occurs if you are adding disciplines from a different book, eg. Cult of the Blood Gods and the core book. 
Thank you for the fixes thus far, I appreciate the updates.
hi, unsure if this is a client side issue, but all rouse, remorse and resist frenzy checks seem to be unable to detect if the dice rolled would result in a success, failing every time. for instance, as far as i'm aware the below roll should be a success, but the sheet identifies it as a failure, and automatically increases the hunger stat which is a little inconvenient to change each time. just wondered if there's anything i can do to remedy this, or if it's an issue with the sheet as a whole. cheers!
Likewise, the resist frenzy button does not count successes and says it's a failure, no matter how many successes were rolled

Edited 1685099961
Remorse, Rouse... none of them work. They always say failure. Also, the 'lock dots' function is nice for keeping people from accidentally modifying their stats, but it probably shouldn't affect things like hunger, health, willpower, etc. etc. because players need to actively maitain those. Especially with everything else on the sheet being broken.
Just echoing AveryCorvus & Garfieldsofa: Remorse, Rouse... none of them work.
garfieldsofa said: hi, unsure if this is a client side issue, but all rouse, remorse and resist frenzy checks seem to be unable to detect if the dice rolled would result in a success, failing every time. for instance, as far as i'm aware the below roll should be a success, but the sheet identifies it as a failure, and automatically increases the hunger stat which is a little inconvenient to change each time. just wondered if there's anything i can do to remedy this, or if it's an issue with the sheet as a whole. cheers! Hey folks, I'm looking into this issue now and will post an update here when the cause is found and fixed.
Does anyone know how to fix the white font issue on the rolls? I see some people posting screenshots and they seem to have fixed it. Could anyone help out?
Onur T. said: Does anyone know how to fix the white font issue on the rolls? I see some people posting screenshots and they seem to have fixed it. Could anyone help out? Try clearing your cookies/cache. I've found it works for a while once i've done that. 
Sheet rolls are not working at all anymore.
Looks like custom rolls are also effected by the lack out result calculations
Xae said: Onur T. said: Does anyone know how to fix the white font issue on the rolls? I see some people posting screenshots and they seem to have fixed it. Could anyone help out? Try clearing your cookies/cache. I've found it works for a while once i've done that.  Thank you, I'll give it a try.
AveryCorvus said: Remorse, Rouse... none of them work. They always say failure. Also, the 'lock dots' function is nice for keeping people from accidentally modifying their stats, but it probably shouldn't affect things like hunger, health, willpower, etc. etc. because players need to actively maitain those. Especially with everything else on the sheet being broken. Experiencing the same issue.

Edited 1686069454
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hey folks, Apologies for the disruptions to the sheet recently. We're in the process of running a full audit on the sheet, identifying and fixing these persistent issues. Thanks for your patience as we do this!
Is there any update?  I kind of need functional sheets in my games.
I've noticed that the dice roller is having a lot of issues. When rolling a rouse check it increases hunger on a success counting it as a failure.
Hey folks, thanks for your patience. The fix should be out soon, we're just running it through testing. It's a pretty hefty patch, completely replacing our roll parsing code, so we're making sure to check all our bases before we release it. This should leave the code in a much more robust state so that fixing one bug doesn't create another for us to squash.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. Hope it works out.
Can you give a specific update date?
I  see this is still having issues, any news on the patch and its update?
Hey everyone, the update is now live! Our testers worked hard to go through and ensure that all rolls are being interpreted as they should be.  I just want to thank y'all again for being so patient. We'd been playing whack-a-mole with the old roll parser for so long that we felt it important to be as thorough as possible so that you all have the best experience going forward.
AveryCorvus said: Also, the 'lock dots' function is nice for keeping people from accidentally modifying their stats, but it probably shouldn't affect things like hunger, health, willpower, etc. etc. because players need to actively maitain those. You're right. Our plates are pretty full with other sheets, but I've made a ticket for this and I'll try my best to get the fix out soon.
Nora C. said: Hey everyone, the update is now live! Our testers worked hard to go through and ensure that all rolls are being interpreted as they should be.  I just want to thank y'all again for being so patient. We'd been playing whack-a-mole with the old roll parser for so long that we felt it important to be as thorough as possible so that you all have the best experience going forward. Can confirm that the Rouse Checks and other rolls from the sheet seem to be working properly now. Very nice! Just one small note: 'Resist Frenzy' does not allow for modifiers. Some Clans, however, have a penalty to a particular type of Frenzy, like Brujah. Being able to add a modifier to the roll from 'Resist Frenzy' would be nice.
glad to see the dice roller glitch has been fixed. noticed that issue last game I played recently. also, is there any chance a dark themed version of this character sheet is coming soon?
Are there any plans for making a sheet for coteries?
Yurii T. said: Are there any plans for making a sheet for coteries? I'd love to get this done. If players show their interest in a coterie sheet on our Suggestions & Ideas forum , it'd help me make a case for this feature.
Any chance we could potentially get a bit more space on the resonance field. Currently the space is so small it is never used
  What is this little red dice under the five rolled dices and above "dice rolled" ?? I'm new to the system.
Josue O. said:   What is this little red dice under the five rolled dices and above "dice rolled" ?? I'm new to the system. That little red dice is your hunger dice! Depending on what your hunger is set at on the character sheet, it will automatically sub in the correct number of hunger dice into the pool.

Edited 1690243626
I'll fill out a bug report as well I suppose, but it doesn't seem like rolls work at all on character sheets with a Blood Potency of 0 (assuming that 1 pip = BP 1 and none = BP 0).   Console Error: Uncaught Object { name: "SyntaxError", expected: (13) […], found: null, message: 'Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\\t], [+|\\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.', offset: 0, line: 1, column: 1, stack: "" } vtt.bundle.js:37891:12764
Nacklynn said: I'll fill out a bug report as well I suppose, but it doesn't seem like rolls work at all on character sheets with a Blood Potency of 0 (assuming that 1 pip = BP 1 and none = BP 0).   Console Error: Uncaught Object { name: "SyntaxError", expected: (13) […], found: null, message: 'Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\\t], [+|\\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.', offset: 0, line: 1, column: 1, stack: "" } vtt.bundle.js:37891:12764 Hey there, I'm not able to recreate this. Is there anything else that you're leaving empty that could be the cause?
Nora C. said: Hey there, I'm not able to recreate this. Is there anything else that you're leaving empty that could be the cause? Wild- you are right, I had a character sheet that appeared to correct itself based on BP, but I think that was coincidence while I was pressing buttons. I'm able to replicate the behavior now, though-- on a new character sheet, at least one dot in both Stamina and Composure must be selected for rolls to work. Once at least one of each are selected they can be removed and rolls will continue to function, so it seems like there is a variable or two that are not initiated on a fresh sheet. In the course of a normal game it should be a non-issue, since all attributes get set at character creation-- but I had a game convert from the old sheets to the current and despite the attributes looking correct, rolls were not working. Toggling both Stam and Composure to a new pip and back seems to fix the issue.
Rouse Checks really ought to be using the red die rather than the black one, since Oblivion requires that you be able to tell if a 1 or 10 is rolled, and only the red die marks the 1. 

Edited 1691001218
SPC Sheet Fonts:  The font used for Disciplines (especially the collapsible descriptions/system rules/etc.) and the Special notes box on SPC sheets is much harder to read on the colored backgrounds than the equivalent sections on the normal PC sheet, with its nice dark, bold, sans-serif text. It's a bit faint in Skills and other sections as well, but at least those are only one-word items, and thus easier to read at a glance. Request:  Could the fonts used in those sections on the SPC sheet be standardized with the PC sheet? I've been encountering some mild eye strain while trying to make SPCs and typing them up. It would also be nice if other uses of that font (Skills, specialties, etc.) could be bolded or enlarged a few points, but it's the large text boxes that are the hardest to parse. This is just a QOL change and therefore not urgent! If an Advantages section gets added to the SPC sheet as previously requested, it would be nice for that to mirror the PC sheet's font usage, too.   Thanks as always for all the hard work. Image:  PC sheet (so legible!) on the left, SPC sheet (still legible but slightly less so!) on the right.
Is there any possibility of this sheet becoming a mulit-splat sheet including Hunter and Werewolf 5th edition? 
I hate if am just blind but is there some way to add hunger dice to my SPCs because I always assumed my Storyteller vampires had to keep track of their hunger and roll hunger dice and I see no way to add that.
Xae said: Is there any possibility of this sheet becoming a mulit-splat sheet including Hunter and Werewolf 5th edition?  I too would like to know if this is possible, this would really be amazing!

Edited 1692507331
Am I the only one who gets no result when they do a skill roll? I get the pop up to choose the stats, then the bonus dice, then the difficulty and then.. it doesn't roll anything or write anything in the chat. I tried, my friend tried. Nothing happens. Edit: If I use Rouse Check or Remorse check it works fine. But not with skills or Attribute, basically anything that has those "Input Value" pop up windows doesn't work.
Ophan said: Am I the only one who gets no result when they do a skill roll? I get the pop up to choose the stats, then the bonus dice, then the difficulty and then.. it doesn't roll anything or write anything in the chat. I tried, my friend tried. Nothing happens. Edit: If I use Rouse Check or Remorse check it works fine. But not with skills or Attribute, basically anything that has those "Input Value" pop up windows doesn't work. Hey Ophan, I'm not able to reproduce this. If you could post the steps you took to produce this bug, along with a screenshot of any errors in the console (hit F12 on your keyboard and switch to the "console" tab), it would be immensely helpful in diagnosing the problem you're having.
Tintenseher said: SPC Sheet Fonts:  The font used for Disciplines (especially the collapsible descriptions/system rules/etc.) and the Special notes box on SPC sheets is much harder to read on the colored backgrounds than the equivalent sections on the normal PC sheet, with its nice dark, bold, sans-serif text. It's a bit faint in Skills and other sections as well, but at least those are only one-word items, and thus easier to read at a glance. I'm making a ticket for this now, and we'll try to get to this soon
Just wondering has anyone found the size of the resonance box too small? My table aren't using it because they cant see enough of it 
Greg D. said: Xae said: Is there any possibility of this sheet becoming a mulit-splat sheet including Hunter and Werewolf 5th edition?  I too would like to know if this is possible, this would really be amazing! With the more unified mechanics I would hope this is something that happens.
Do we know if the Players Guide is coming to roll20?