Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Cyberpunk RED by Roll20

Believability still does not work correctly. You cannot select 1+4 pieces of evidence. The algorithm still does not match the game mechanics. We fussed around for a while tonight but ended up doing it by hand. Charles C.  Plus  October 03 (11 months ago) Just played a game with a Media, with a Credibility rank 4 Role Ability. He wanted to make an active Believability roll in our game tonight. Game mechanics says with his 4 distinct verifiable pieces of evidence, it should be "two higher". For Pieces of Evidence, if I selected "One + Four Or More" the "Roll Believability" button just didn't do anything. If I select "Four or more pieces" it works. If I mouse over the left number, it says I rolled a 1d10 = (4). The mouse over on the right number says Rolling +2 = 2. But what are we rolling here? The core mechanics says for a rank 4, believability is 3 out of 10 chance the audience buys it. Because it is +2, that means that there is a 5/10 chance the audience buys it. So rolling a 4 was a failure. Then after the game I rolled again and rolled a 6, and that was also a failure. So are we rolling above or below some requirement? The core book is not clear at all, and it seems like either the 4 or the 6 should have worked (but not both).  I followed that by just rolling a whole bunch of times. getting between 4-9 each time. Eventually I was able to roll a natural 2, and that finally gave me a success. It seems like this math is not set up correctly. Math should be (roll - evidence modifier) vs (believability). If you roll equal to or under your believability, it is a success. Thus my player's original roll of a (4) - 2 (modifier) is less than his believability of 3 (for being rank 4).  I know, a bit to kludgy, but that's how some RPGs are. Rank 1 or 2 : Believability (roll less than after modifier) 2 Rank 3 or 4: Believability (roll less than after modifier) 3 Rank 5 or 6: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  4 Rank 7 or 8: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  5 Rank 9: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  6 Rank 10: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  7 morgdalaine  Roll20 Production Team   Sheet Author   API Scripter January 03 (8 months ago) Permalink  for 11259781 Quote   Report Sheet Update Tiny update for the new year! Role: Media Believability is now a calculated field! You can roll for both Active and Passive rumors! The roll template contains a skill roll (selected via drop down from the role ability card), the passive GM roll, and the Rumor DV table from page 151. *  NOTE:  If you want to roll a rumor check from a repeating skill, you’ll need to roll from skill itself.
I'm trying to find the character sheet element for ammo so I can use the chatsetattr API to tick down ammo used when they press a token action to reload their weapon. When inspected it says the attribute name is {ammo_count} and it's numbered as most sheets are ($0, $1, etc.), but using something like @{selected|ammo_count_$0} doesn't work.. so I'm wondering if anyone knows the translation needed to allow me to pinpoint these ammos.
Hi, I ist possible (an legal) to get the code for the Roll20 CP Red Charactersheet? It seems not to be up on GitHub. Its a pretty well made sheet but there are some things that I dont like that much (especially the roll templates) that I woul really like to change for my campaing. 
1694980748

Edited 1694980761
Gauss
Forum Champion
Markus M. said: Hi, I ist possible (an legal) to get the code for the Roll20 CP Red Charactersheet? It seems not to be up on GitHub. Its a pretty well made sheet but there are some things that I dont like that much (especially the roll templates) that I woul really like to change for my campaing.  Any "by Roll20" character sheet is proprietary and is not going to be available on GitHub. 
benjamin F. said: I'm trying to find the character sheet element for ammo so I can use the chatsetattr API to tick down ammo used when they press a token action to reload their weapon. When inspected it says the attribute name is {ammo_count} and it's numbered as most sheets are ($0, $1, etc.), but using something like @{selected|ammo_count_$0} doesn't work.. so I'm wondering if anyone knows the translation needed to allow me to pinpoint these ammos. Nabend, I think the comand line you are looking for is @{selected|repeating_ammo_$0_ammo_count} Where $0 is the first ammo in the list
1696274713

Edited 1696274844
morgdalaine
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Charles C. Reading over both of your posts, it’s possible the Believability value is uninitialized/corrupted on the sheet, perhaps in the backend and invisible to the user. Could you change the Media rank and verify the corresponding Believability value appears on the role card? If it fails, please check the Developer Console in your browser to see if any error is given (link: How to Open the Developer Console ). Concerning the roll template, the values presented are [[1d10]] vs [[Believability + Evidence]] (evidence should increase your chances of success rather than decreasing your roll). In order to get a Success, the 1d10 must be equal to or less than the right-hand side. Charles C. said: Believability still does not work correctly. You cannot select 1+4 pieces of evidence. The algorithm still does not match the game mechanics. We fussed around for a while tonight but ended up doing it by hand. Charles C.  Plus  October 03 (11 months ago) Just played a game with a Media, with a Credibility rank 4 Role Ability. He wanted to make an active Believability roll in our game tonight. Game mechanics says with his 4 distinct verifiable pieces of evidence, it should be "two higher". For Pieces of Evidence, if I selected "One + Four Or More" the "Roll Believability" button just didn't do anything. If I select "Four or more pieces" it works. If I mouse over the left number, it says I rolled a 1d10 = (4). The mouse over on the right number says Rolling +2 = 2. But what are we rolling here? The core mechanics says for a rank 4, believability is 3 out of 10 chance the audience buys it. Because it is +2, that means that there is a 5/10 chance the audience buys it. So rolling a 4 was a failure. Then after the game I rolled again and rolled a 6, and that was also a failure. So are we rolling above or below some requirement? The core book is not clear at all, and it seems like either the 4 or the 6 should have worked (but not both).  I followed that by just rolling a whole bunch of times. getting between 4-9 each time. Eventually I was able to roll a natural 2, and that finally gave me a success. It seems like this math is not set up correctly. Math should be (roll - evidence modifier) vs (believability). If you roll equal to or under your believability, it is a success. Thus my player's original roll of a (4) - 2 (modifier) is less than his believability of 3 (for being rank 4).  I know, a bit to kludgy, but that's how some RPGs are. Rank 1 or 2 : Believability (roll less than after modifier) 2 Rank 3 or 4: Believability (roll less than after modifier) 3 Rank 5 or 6: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  4 Rank 7 or 8: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  5 Rank 9: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  6 Rank 10: Believability  (roll less than after modifier)  7
Does the -2 penalty to all rolls apply when a character reaches -50% HP? I can't seem to trigger it.
All social skills have disappeared from my sheet. Using the Roll20 Cyberpunk RED sheet. I just prepped a ton of NPCs for a game and I'm really not looking forward to having to copy all these stats to another external sheet that won't randomly delete entire blocks of stats. Was this a typo on your end disabling proper sorting or something?
is it possible to take into account the modifier from the cyberware in the character stats and skills?  For example, i have a cyberoptics with "Image Enhance" that gives me +2 to Perception, Lip Reading, and Conceal/Reveal Object. If i add this to modifiers i still must manually add this modifier to skills instead of just write perception_mod +2 etc. It's not that big of a deal at first, but when you need to count all modifiers from cyberware, wounds, addictions, armors, weather and change it manually every time when something of conditions is changed it realy hard to keep in mind, other than select/unselect it like in dnd5e sheet
1698081029
morgdalaine
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Heya, this has been confirmed to be a result of using an adblocker. Try disabling it and refreshing your game window. It's a false positive, I promise we're not actually including ads in the cyberpunk sheet. You might look into whitelisting the page. Thanks! devil's fav demon said: All social skills have disappeared from my sheet. Using the Roll20 Cyberpunk RED sheet. I just prepped a ton of NPCs for a game and I'm really not looking forward to having to copy all these stats to another external sheet that won't randomly delete entire blocks of stats. Was this a typo on your end disabling proper sorting or something?
1698429025

Edited 1698429170
Hello all , found a bug in a compandium pack and i am unsure where to put this. . This is regarding the Cyberpunk RED: EASY MODE (free package) I own every official marketplace object from R. Talsorian so i am able to validate and check if these items got put under something else. It does not seem to be the case. Issue 1: The Cyberpunk easy mode art addon does not appear in the Premium arts assets list. (There are 4 unique tokens in this pack not in any of the other ones.) The compendium addon objects do appear in the compendium though. such as the (DIRTY COP, NPC template) Issue 2:  The NPC templates from this pack appear to be broke. I am unable to drag and drop any of them to a Character sheet to make the NPC. I have tested this with many other NPC templates from the other packs and all work flawless. I am available to help troubleshoot this with any dev willing to look at it.  Thanks !!!
morgdalaine said: Hey Charles C. Reading over both of your posts, it’s possible the Believability value is uninitialized/corrupted on the sheet, perhaps in the backend and invisible to the user. Could you change the Media rank and verify the corresponding Believability value appears on the role card? If it fails, please check the Developer Console in your browser to see if any error is given (link: How to Open the Developer Console ). Concerning the roll template, the values presented are [[1d10]] vs [[Believability + Evidence]] (evidence should increase your chances of success rather than decreasing your roll). In order to get a Success, the 1d10 must be equal to or less than the right-hand side. Wow, yes this was the issue. Took me a little while to reply, we had to take a few weeks break. I was able to reapply his Rank and this correctly set the Believability. Thank you for helping.
1699039955
Eve
Roll20 Team
GM Scott said: Hello all , found a bug in a compandium pack and i am unsure where to put this. . This is regarding the Cyberpunk RED: EASY MODE (free package) I own every official marketplace object from R. Talsorian so i am able to validate and check if these items got put under something else. It does not seem to be the case. Issue 1: The Cyberpunk easy mode art addon does not appear in the Premium arts assets list. (There are 4 unique tokens in this pack not in any of the other ones.) The compendium addon objects do appear in the compendium though. such as the (DIRTY COP, NPC template) Issue 2:  The NPC templates from this pack appear to be broke. I am unable to drag and drop any of them to a Character sheet to make the NPC. I have tested this with many other NPC templates from the other packs and all work flawless. I am available to help troubleshoot this with any dev willing to look at it.  Thanks !!! Could I ask you to write in to our support team with information about exactly which 4 tokens are missing and details about the NPC templates that aren't working as expected? Please be as detailed as you can and they'll be able to open a bug ticket for this.
Bulletproof shield when dragged into character sheet tries to populate as Head or Body armor only. Does not offer shield option.
I got a little Idea/suggestion as i finished my CP:R Round today Is it maybe possible to give the d6 damage role in attacks a cs6 trait In CP:R two 6s are a Critical injuries But with the attack rolls right now the Damage does not get a green mark when a 6 gets rolled So if you give the roll the cs6 trait it would get highlighted in Green like the 1 gets red right? That would improve the visibility of a potential Critical injuries //Felix
Eve said: GM Scott said: Hello all , found a bug in a compandium pack and i am unsure where to put this. . This is regarding the Cyberpunk RED: EASY MODE (free package) I own every official marketplace object from R. Talsorian so i am able to validate and check if these items got put under something else. It does not seem to be the case. Issue 1: The Cyberpunk easy mode art addon does not appear in the Premium arts assets list. (There are 4 unique tokens in this pack not in any of the other ones.) The compendium addon objects do appear in the compendium though. such as the (DIRTY COP, NPC template) Issue 2:  The NPC templates from this pack appear to be broke. I am unable to drag and drop any of them to a Character sheet to make the NPC. I have tested this with many other NPC templates from the other packs and all work flawless. I am available to help troubleshoot this with any dev willing to look at it.  Thanks !!! Could I ask you to write in to our support team with information about exactly which 4 tokens are missing and details about the NPC templates that aren't working as expected? Please be as detailed as you can and they'll be able to open a bug ticket for this. Hello, Quick follow up to this item,  On a whim i tried one more time to install this yesterday and it INSTALLED!... I have all the assets and compendium content now and the broken cop template works. No idea what fixed or happened, chalk it up to gremlins???
Rodrigo .. said: Does the -2 penalty to all rolls apply when a character reaches -50% HP? I can't seem to trigger it. It doesn't. The -4 penalty from reaching 0HP does not apply, either.
Stat Blocks for Black Ice My appologies if this already exists and I was unable to find it, but I'd love to be able to roll Black Ice functions with a macro just as you would with an NPC built with a character sheet.  I tried building a 'Black Ice' using the existing character sheet so I could drag it onto the map as a token with rollable macros, but I didn't have a lot of luck since Black Ice has fewer stats and works a bit differently than a standard NPC would.  I was hoping to find something with a stat block in the compendium ( recently bought the Roll20 Cyberpunk Red core rules bundle and addons) but they only have a handout with the stats listed in the handout, leaving me to make any rolls manually.  I can do this, of course, but one of the advantages of a VTT is the ability to minimize the amount of manual tasks you have and create a button to do it for you streamlining gameplay and minimizing human error in math.  Can anyone point out what I'm missing if it already exists or perhaps share work-arounds they've used for the same scenario?
1702267524

Edited 1702301990
I came here to Report this as well, I think its a Bug.  This is a major bug as combat in Cpunk is fast and we are missing critical hit notifications on damage unless we mouse over every single damage roll to determine if its a crit. It correctly denotes a crit when using Autofire only! no other attack.  This is a Melee attack with crit, and no indicator.  MoG Felixel said: I got a little Idea/suggestion as i finished my CP:R Round today Is it maybe possible to give the d6 damage role in attacks a cs6 trait In CP:R two 6s are a Critical injuries But with the attack rolls right now the Damage does not get a green mark when a 6 gets rolled So if you give the roll the cs6 trait it would get highlighted in Green like the 1 gets red right? That would improve the visibility of a potential Critical injuries //Felix
I submitted a help ticket for this issue, lets see if we have a solution soonish!???
1702475223

Edited 1702475251
Hello Chooms,  so I got a reply from KM Thanks for sending this our way and sorry for the trouble! This CyberPunk Red rolling bug is something our team is aware of and is on our radar -- I've made sure to add your report to our ongoing ticket to make sure it is prioritized accordingly! No ETA was given but at least they are aware of it and its in the queue. I did emphasize that this is a bug that's front and center every combat roll, so it kind of really visible. 
Thanks for the follow up! GM Scott said: Hello Chooms,  so I got a reply from KM Thanks for sending this our way and sorry for the trouble! This CyberPunk Red rolling bug is something our team is aware of and is on our radar -- I've made sure to add your report to our ongoing ticket to make sure it is prioritized accordingly! No ETA was given but at least they are aware of it and its in the queue. I did emphasize that this is a bug that's front and center every combat roll, so it kind of really visible. 
1702575783
morgdalaine
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hello, The intended behavior of Program entries in the compendium is to be used alongside a Netrunner character: dragging the entry onto an existing character will add the program to the character’s cyberdeck. My suggestion would be to peruse the Macro section of the Repeating Section article and use the existing Interface roll template to create your own macro. The repeating section name for programs is repeating_interface-programs. Here is the Interface roll template for a selected token. See the title field below as an idea on how to get started. You’ll need to format it into a single line before you can use it. @{selected|wtype}&{template:interface} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=@{repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_name}}} {{interface=@{selected|interface_rank}}} {{roll=[[1d10+@{selected|interface_rank}+?{Roll Bonus|0}]]}} {{roll_bonus=?{Roll Bonus|0}}} {{roll2=[[1d10]]}} {{damage=1d6}} {{roll_damage=[[1d6+?{Extra Damage Dice?|0}d6]]}} {{damage_bonus=?{Extra Damage Dice?|0}}} Additionally, the field names are as follows. You can also hover over a field to learn it’s attribute name directly: Name: program_name Class: program_class Class (View): program_class_display Slots: program_slots_required PER: program_per SPD: program_spd ATK: program_atk DEF: program_def REZ: program_rez REZ Max: program_rez_max Effect: program_effect Icon: program_icon Description: program_description Eightbit said: Stat Blocks for Black Ice My appologies if this already exists and I was unable to find it, but I'd love to be able to roll Black Ice functions with a macro just as you would with an NPC built with a character sheet.  I tried building a 'Black Ice' using the existing character sheet so I could drag it onto the map as a token with rollable macros, but I didn't have a lot of luck since Black Ice has fewer stats and works a bit differently than a standard NPC would.  I was hoping to find something with a stat block in the compendium ( recently bought the Roll20 Cyberpunk Red core rules bundle and addons) but they only have a handout with the stats listed in the handout, leaving me to make any rolls manually.  I can do this, of course, but one of the advantages of a VTT is the ability to minimize the amount of manual tasks you have and create a button to do it for you streamlining gameplay and minimizing human error in math.  Can anyone point out what I'm missing if it already exists or perhaps share work-arounds they've used for the same scenario?
How do you all generate implanted defenses like gun turrets? Do you just treat them like NPCs with their own Journal Characters?
Hi, I've been struggling with the character sheets for Cyberpunk RED. In particular I notice that they don't actually calculate damage and SP loss post attack for example. And Critical Wounds once the HP has dropped past a certain threshold.  Its a bit problematic and slows down combat if you struggle with the maths like myself.  Is it possible to revise the character sheet so that it can properly calculate the damage for ranged and melee attacks against armor and the ablation mechanics? I feel like in general the sheet might need some updating with the new content that's released like full body conversions n such.
Should the line " {{title=@{repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_name}}}"   be " {{title=@{selected|repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_name}}}"? First variant didn't work for me :/ morgdalaine said: Hello, The intended behavior of Program entries in the compendium is to be used alongside a Netrunner character: dragging the entry onto an existing character will add the program to the character’s cyberdeck. My suggestion would be to peruse the Macro section of the Repeating Section article and use the existing Interface roll template to create your own macro. The repeating section name for programs is repeating_interface-programs. Here is the Interface roll template for a selected token. See the title field below as an idea on how to get started. You’ll need to format it into a single line before you can use it. @{selected|wtype}&{template:interface} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=@{repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_name}}} {{interface=@{selected|interface_rank}}} {{roll=[[1d10+@{selected|interface_rank}+?{Roll Bonus|0}]]}} {{roll_bonus=?{Roll Bonus|0}}} {{roll2=[[1d10]]}} {{damage=1d6}} {{roll_damage=[[1d6+?{Extra Damage Dice?|0}d6]]}} {{damage_bonus=?{Extra Damage Dice?|0}}} Additionally, the field names are as follows. You can also hover over a field to learn it’s attribute name directly: Name: program_name Class: program_class Class (View): program_class_display Slots: program_slots_required PER: program_per SPD: program_spd ATK: program_atk DEF: program_def REZ: program_rez REZ Max: program_rez_max Effect: program_effect Icon: program_icon Description: program_description
Also i have a problem with "chat" template while default template works as intended (screenshots below). Same result with simple rolls like this: @{selected|wtype}&{template:chat}{{character_name=@{selected|repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_name}}}{{name=speed = [[@{selected|repeating_interface-programs_$0_program_spd}+1d10]]}} It happend ONLY in light theme, in dark theme it's also work as intended, so please change selection color (or how it called) for light theme if it possible
this was helpful, thank you! :)
I own all of the Roll20 content for Cyberpunk Red and I've noticed that some of the NPC's stat blocks are missing in the compendium under NPC's. Has anyone else experienced this issue or found a way around it? I've also noticed that when a PC scores a Crit (2 or more 6's on D6 damage rolls) there is no visual indication on the chat bar like their is when a skill rolls a crit success or crit fail?
I can see that the crit issue was raised above 4 months ago. How often are these threads updated with progress posts?
Looks like almost every second user here ask about it :D Also someone here said that it really difficult to make indication for crit (some tecnical problems, i guess)  Gaz said: I've also noticed that when a PC scores a Crit (2 or more 6's on D6 damage rolls) there is no visual indication on the chat bar like their is when a skill rolls a crit success or crit fail?
1716745382

Edited 1716746172
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's not impossible to check for a crit, the challenge is that you have to track each dice individually rather than a single combined roll.  The Roll20 syntax then makes it challenging to poll through each roll to determine a critical.  Challenging based on the number of dice that may be rolled for any given attack, but not impossible.   And since there's only a single die roll for a failure with poor weapons, that's actually quite easy to show.   I'd like to 2nd another's request.  If you are getting to the end of supporting the char sheet, open it up.  I'd like to add tabs for example.  I find the sheet way to vertical, but I need access to the source.  The community created sheets all have their plusses and weaknesses.  And it looks like none of them have been brought up to speed for black chrome.