Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Odd color choice for EVERYTHING now

Edited 1659593501
Inconsistent START / Landing Page: Either make ALL Links in top navigation black / grey OR make everything Pink! (or rather dark blue as this is causing headaches!) AND as others have stated: Change this symbol! Instead of being an Envelope it just looks like a grey bar. And one more thing: IF you are going to FIX those Layout changes of yours, please note them in your Changelog! (The recent changes (Forum color grey instead of purple, ...) from August 2nd are missing!
Please change this back to an earlier version! Make it Bold or something but NOT only underline it with a feint pink line!

Edited 1659597002
This complete silence after Drespar's post suggests that Roll20 rather would not do anything about this, and instead wait out for protests to stop.  It's quite astounding that companies never manage to adhere to the the simple principles of "KISS" (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Roll20 was fine before this awful move, now it looks like bubblegum with raspberry flavour. 
Frank K. said: This complete silence after Drespar's post suggests that Roll20 rather would not do anything about this, and instead wait out for protests to stop.  It's quite astounding that companies never manage to adhere to the the simple principles of "KISS" (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Roll20 was fine before this awful move, now it looks like bubblegum with raspberry flavour.  File a help center request... First, I opened this thread and after the massive amount of comments on this I put the link to this thread in the request and BAM... Roll20 Responses on EVERY Thread regarding this! So although they may not look at this thread / forum, they do get the decent requests from the help center requests and will work on them if it fits their schedule and their plans for future changes... With this change though they have overdone it! (by far)

Edited 1659597759
TheMarkus1204 said: File a help center request... First, I opened this thread and after the massive amount of comments on this I put the link to this thread in the request and BAM... Roll20 Responses on EVERY Thread regarding this! So although they may not look at this thread / forum, they do get the decent requests from the help center requests and will work on them if it fits their schedule and their plans for future changes... With this change though they have overdone it! (by far) OK, I will try and see if that helps. I am not very optimistic, though. 
Frank K. said: TheMarkus1204 said: File a help center request... First, I opened this thread and after the massive amount of comments on this I put the link to this thread in the request and BAM... Roll20 Responses on EVERY Thread regarding this! So although they may not look at this thread / forum, they do get the decent requests from the help center requests and will work on them if it fits their schedule and their plans for future changes... With this change though they have overdone it! (by far) OK, I thought they earlier said they wanted to consolidate follow-up of these complaints in this thread in several others that have been made and then "died out".  They did this so they only have to watch one thread instead of several hundreds or more...
Inconsistencies: MAIN Page: VS GAMES Page: Buttons here (especially "Custom Sheet Sandbox") use another color that is MUCH BETTER in the whole context than the pink color from other Buttons / Links! I'd REALLY appreciate having those Links BLACK instead of Pink! Just looking at the page, even with these subtle changes in the forums, is causing headaches... It is more relieving to look at the sky out of the window than to look at Roll20 right now! (And this means something!)

Edited 1659599832
If you "post reply" now, you get the help text in the bottom lower corner AND to the left of the form on mouse-over. This is neither user-friendly nor does it look very professional. Has this new design been tested at all?
Frank K. said: If you "post reply" now, you get the help text in the bottom lower corner AND to the left of the form on mouse-over. This is neither user-friendly nor does it look very professional. Has this new design been tested at all? This is not new... it has been this way for a very long time by now...
Having the game names displayed Bold does NOT make things any better...
and as for the new game page itself: Those Links will change color once you hover over them (Font gets white and the pink button is displayed)... The "Leave Game" Link is the ONLY link that behaves different! If you hover over it, it is just underlined and nothing else... a) it does really NOT look good! b) it is INCONSISTENT!!!
TheMarkus1204 said: This is not new... it has been this way for a very long time by now... Really? OK. :-) I haven't noticed, probably because I've had precious little (if at all any) reason to complain before....
Certain colors are very often eye irritants, cause headaches, and wreak havoc with human vision.  Additional light is reflected by bright colors , resulting in excessive stimulation of the eyes. This forced change of bright pink, against a white contrast is a perfect example. On the eve of your merger with OneBookShelf, how is this a good idea? You will not retrain us, if that's what you're hoping for. People will just speak with their wallets. 

Edited 1659620015
Here's another visual oddity. This is mouse-over on 1, 2 and 3, respectively.  All these quirks lower the overall quality feel of the site, and the enjoyment of it.  And in aggressive, hard-on-the-eye pink. :-(
I Just can't see if i've clicked on something or not now. Like upvoting etc. :/  It is very bright tho otherwise. I liked the old style better. 
Here's what I get when I try to edit a handout. I have put red lines around the text, which I find very difficult to read... 
Mr. NumNums said: I Just can't see if i've clicked on something or not now. Like upvoting etc. :/  It is very bright tho otherwise. I liked the old style better.  At least they changed the normal arrows to grey... If you upvote a topic they turn pink again...

Edited 1659623771
Frank K. said: Here's what I get when I try to edit a handout. I have put red lines around the text, which I find very difficult to read...  Is there anything in this fields or are those just empty? On this screen it looks like there is nothing in them...

Edited 1659624298
TheMarkus1204 said: Frank K. said: Here's what I get when I try to edit a handout. I have put red lines around the text, which I find very difficult to read...  Is there anything in this fields or are those just empty? On this screen it looks like there is nothing in them... You should be   would previously have been able to read "Dragon Age Rule Book" in the topmost field. Check what's inside that red boundary. ;-)
Frank K. said: TheMarkus1204 said: Frank K. said: Here's what I get when I try to edit a handout. I have put red lines around the text, which I find very difficult to read...  Is there anything in this fields or are those just empty? On this screen it looks like there is nothing in them... You should be   would previously have been able to read "Dragon Age Rule Book" in the topmost field. Check what's inside that red boundary. ;-) I did... they appear to be empty on your screenshot, hence the question ;)
On the Mod (API) Scripts page you cannot tell anymore weather or not a script is disabled or not. Before the screw-up the disabled scripts were grayed out, now they appear to be the same as the active ones.
TheMarkus1204 said: I did... they appear to be empty on your screenshot, hence the question ;) Another example, then. First, edit handout as it appears when I open it. Notice the red underline indicating there's a word there it doesn't like/recognize.  Second, the same, but after I have marked the text in the field with the mouse. Again, notice the red underline indicating there's a word it doesn't recognize. 
the API (mod) list used to show those APIs which were active and those which were disabled in different colours. When APIs crash it is useful to see at a glance which are active and which are not to try and debug. All the APIS are grey. and just slows this already painful process down.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I find it hard to read some of the areas now as well. Being that I am a Marketplace creator and convert content for other publishers as well, it makes things a little more difficult for me with eye strain. It's hard to give a real solid feedback on this as it feels this is an update made in anticipation of site-wide dark mode (which I do want), but I do think the color scheme might be difficult for people to read.  Hopefully this feedback is received well, and the Devs take it into consideration. 

Edited 1659634849
Definitely horrible and uncalled for. Also, with so many actual issues to solve (like dynamic lighting...), the reason for putting on an effort to change what already works well, and change it to the worse, is beyond my comprehension. Another thing, that I'm not sure if is already in this thread, is that the names of APIs (or "Mods") in the campaign, while fortunately still black, do not become light gray when disabled. To know at a glance which APIs are enabled and which ones are disabled is not only comfortable, but saves a lot of time when checking for bugs or incompatibilities between APIs. Please fix this as soon as possible. And again: Try to focus in the real issues instead of creating new issues out of the blue for no reason.
@keithcurtis Would you mind sharing your Stylus Script for the Forum / this site here? At least this is WAY more acceptable than the site itself...

Edited 1659637137
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Actually, since I don't have any real problems with the choices now that the overabundance of pink was turned down, it does very little. I'll restore the "link turn blue" part of it for posting, but I urge anyone that uses Stylus to make sure ALL styles are turned off before providing any feedback to the team. I only use the parts under "Categories", and all it really does is collapse the "Include Categories" field to one line on the "All Topics" page. There are much more thorough re-styles out there. Code
Gold
Forum Champion
Uh oh Mods that are deactivated are no-longer distinguishable from Active Mods. The deactivated ones were previously & should be, a lighter grey, "greyed out". This is a functionality taken-away for Pro users. Please fix. Hopefully this thread, considering the User response, will get another update from Roll20 Team soon.

Edited 1659640777
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
<a href="https://capture.dropbox.com/7s5G8nwX0AkTuce3" rel="nofollow">https://capture.dropbox.com/7s5G8nwX0AkTuce3</a> I understand the brand right now is to be playful, fun, and accessible. But right now with the font choices and colors in the game/campaign management section, it feels more like a children's coloring book or elementary school/kindergarden. Consider that your main audience is fantasy role-players, and the styles and colors often used with said games. Such as classier serif fonts for titles, or maybe even more subdued sepia, wood, scroll, rock and metal color styles and tones. I know I initially tried out fantasy grounds because it was great for that aesthetic, but stayed here because it's easier to use.&nbsp; Perhaps something like Garamond with a higher font size, and a more subdied gray font for dark mode (or probably blackish or dark brown for white mode). <a href="https://capture.dropbox.com/o7uEjreBtqnkl38V" rel="nofollow">https://capture.dropbox.com/o7uEjreBtqnkl38V</a> <a href="https://capture.dropbox.com/BE6cMB3flXYW3e8x" rel="nofollow">https://capture.dropbox.com/BE6cMB3flXYW3e8x</a>
The new design is flat-out awful. Terrible on the eyes, poor contrast, and probably a nightmare for any user with accessibility issues. Why you would choose to make this arbitrary change without any user feedback is beyond me.

Edited 1659642332
I see someone already mentioned the in game compendium being squashed problem. Has anyone noticed the font being different? I mean the shapes of the actual letters displayed in chat. I don't know if it's just on my end but my letters seem to have more sharp edges now. The smooth curved edges are more pixelated than before. Or more blurry? Or is that just me
Bowman C. said: I see someone already mentioned the in game compendium being squashed problem. Has anyone noticed the font being different? I mean the shapes of the actual letters displayed in chat. I don't know if it's just on my end but my letters seem to have more sharp edges now. The smooth curved edges are more pixelated than before. Or more blurry? Or is that just me The font is different. I believe it is the same as they used in their DnD Sheet for darkmode... But since they are prepping the site for it...
TheMarkus1204 said: Bowman C. said: I see someone already mentioned the in game compendium being squashed problem. Has anyone noticed the font being different? I mean the shapes of the actual letters displayed in chat. I don't know if it's just on my end but my letters seem to have more sharp edges now. The smooth curved edges are more pixelated than before. Or more blurry? Or is that just me The font is different. I believe it is the same as they used in their DnD Sheet for darkmode... But since they are prepping the site for it... Yeah as you can probably see, this font really isn't agreeing with my display settings. I hope this get solved soon for my OCD's sake

Edited 1659657141
&gt; Please fix this as soon as possible. And again: Try to focus in the real issues instead of creating new issues out of the blue for no reason. This. There is no need to make crazy eye bleeding changes to how the site looks, just fix functionality please!
Just wanted to add my voice to the choir of complaints. Soooo glad I'm not the only one. This decision to make everything such a garish eye-sore is insane.
Has there been a response from the staff as to how this happened and why not tested on an offline server first? This appears to be the same attitude they did with UDL, along with the promises of "yes we have listened to feedback and we will do better at keeping users updated and respond" Perhaps they did this to get everyone to vote to change it, so when they do change it they can say we have ticked another top 10 off the list - arent we great? (you will note that I no longer have a plus/pro tag and found other VTT for my games, but I do hang out here while I wait for my GM to transfer his game - which from current discussions will be alot sooner now.)
If anyone needs a quick fix while Roll20 get it fixed, I recommend installing a high contrast Chrome Extension

Edited 1659661236
Hoot
Pro
Not even going to read this thread. The color change HURTS my eyes! Simply put, I can't do this color scheme. just terrible. but, i should not be shocked. R20 does it again wit p oor change control and does not care for the users. Just shoot, ready aim once again.&nbsp; Do you guys even understand best practices with UAT, change and release management? nevermind. i already know the answer.&nbsp;
After so many days of dealing with the intentional downgrade, and more than a day &nbsp;two full days without any communication from Roll20, I believe it is safe to say that they are actively choosing to ignore our complaints in favor of "weathering the storm." Any communication would be nice concerning how this happened, why and for how long we have to deal with it. It would also be nice to know that something so drastic will not be implemented on a whim again. The company of Roll20 rides on the backs of the community members. If artists leave en masse, DMs wont use the VTT, and if DMs leave Roll20 that means their players do too.&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Foegetter said: After so many days of dealing with the intentional downgrade, and more than a day &nbsp;two full days without any communication from Roll20, I believe it is safe to say that they are actively choosing to ignore our complaints in favor of "weathering the storm." I can't help being a bit snarky here, but have you been on the forums long? Roll20 doesnt do anythig fast - it ould easily be a week or two, or several weeks, before they actually implement an "emergency" change. A fairly recent example is the fix for nested queries. They introduced that in the pro server, some of us warned them there were issues and it wasn;t ready for prime time. Then they introduced it for everyone, which broke macros for a huge number of people. This was a widespread effect. There was outcry pretty much to the same degree as this thread. It took Roll20 over a week to roll back the change. That was a disaster and it took way more than two days to respond. We've heard nothing about it since - months later. Ideally its something they are still working working on but there's no way for us to know. My message here is: if you don't like the look of the change, keep the pressure up. Don't give up after just a couple of days. Personally, I like the change (though there were a lot of problems with the implementation, and bugs that needed - and probably still need - fixing). So I'm pretty happy with the changes, but if you aren't, you need to keep the pressure up to make your voice heard. The Roll20 devs will tell you when their decision is final, and start closing threads. Until that happens, you can still be heard.

Edited 1659679884
I got one response to my ticket: "Thank you for reaching out."&nbsp; That was about it. I am really considering moving on to another service.&nbsp;
Fluffanutter said: Has there been a response from the staff as to how this happened and why not tested on an offline server first? This appears to be the same attitude they did with UDL, along with the promises of "yes we have listened to feedback and we will do better at keeping users updated and respond" Perhaps they did this to get everyone to vote to change it, so when they do change it they can say we have ticked another top 10 off the list - arent we great? (you will note that I no longer have a plus/pro tag and found other VTT for my games, but I do hang out here while I wait for my GM to transfer his game - which from current discussions will be alot sooner now.) They have not even edited the changelog with their recent changes regarding the forum (links grey instead of pink etc.). And why they did not test this on their DEV Server is beyond me... since this is exactly what that server is for...
Maxwell J. said: If anyone needs a quick fix while Roll20 get it fixed, I recommend installing a high contrast Chrome Extension KeithCurtis has posted his code for Stylus which will at least fix the forum...

Edited 1659686333
TheMarkus1204 said: Use the STYLUS Extension and import it there...^^ OK, you mean a (Chrome) web browser extension called Stylus and then I import the script from KC there?&nbsp; I'll see if that is possible, as I use a browser regarded "unsupported" (though everything in the vtt works as it should - at least it has up to now...)

Edited 1659687204
Frank K. said: TheMarkus1204 said: Use the STYLUS Extension and import it there...^^ OK, you mean a (Chrome) web browser extension called Stylus and then I import the script from KC there?&nbsp; I'll see if that is possible, as I use a browser regarded "unsupported" (though everything in the vtt works as should - at least it has up to now...) Chrome or Firefox. And yes, just import the Code provided by Keith there. Although it does not change the main page, it does change the forums...
Accessibility Issues with Roll20: Source is: "AccessibleWeb" (just search for it)