Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Odd color choice for EVERYTHING now

64/100 is quite bad. 
Frank K. said: 64/100 is quite bad.  I was surprised it was that high.  I have great vision and still have massive issues with it.
I have been here for 8 years, 4000 hours in-game. I have had a pro-paid subscription for most of those years. I think I have run games for over 300 people almost two dozen long-running campaigns. I have multiple eye issues, as a disabled veteran.  Seriously considering moving off the platform.    Who approved this? why was this not tested?   WHY was this even implemented?
Just adding my voice to the list of complaints.  As a frequent migraine sufferer, this is awful. And a cartoony font!?  Really?
GiGs said: ... My message here is: if you don't like the look of the change, keep the pressure up.  ... In that case, I'm just posting this in the interest of maintaining the growth of this thread's message count. (Not really kidding) BTW, just for grins, I pulled up T-Mobile's web site and did a side-by-side comparison: The shade of magenta that they use is just a bit darker than the one used here and it makes a world of difference.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Foegetter said: There has been better communication before. You know how Pro Users used to get these nice emails about potential updates and how we could help clear bugs in the Dev Server? Those emails have been absent since at least the New Year. Okay, I started off a bit too snarky, but I was supportive :) It doesn't seem to me that things have changed much - they sometimes give spotty information before changes, but don't tend to respond much afterwards until something is done, and that can take a while.
Does Roll20 even have a Quality Assurance program? If so they need to replace the manager. Mods that are deactivated are no-longer distinguishable from Active Mods. The deactivated ones were previously & should be, a lighter grey, "greyed out". This is a functionality taken-away for Pro users.
This is still an outstanding bug which needs to be fixed: Dropdowns are still white on white.
Zaodon said: This is still an outstanding bug which needs to be fixed: Dropdowns are still white on white. Not white on white but really light grey on white... if you look close enough you can see what's written there... BUT it is not only the dropdowns for dynamic lighting but way worse... Links in Handouts are the same...
GiGs said: The Foegetter said: There has been better communication before. You know how Pro Users used to get these nice emails about potential updates and how we could help clear bugs in the Dev Server? Those emails have been absent since at least the New Year. Okay, I started off a bit too snarky, but I was supportive :) It doesn't seem to me that things have changed much - they sometimes give spotty information before changes, but don't tend to respond much afterwards until something is done, and that can take a while. If I treated my paying customers like that, I would not have any.
They have a captive market.  But God help them if the Foundry folks ever decide to set up a community site and game matching service.  The exodus will be swift.
Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.  Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Val!

Edited 1659739124
Jesse
Plus
Thanks for the update but you guys are still glossing over the fact that this shade of pink is a common color blindness color and many people cannot distinguish it from a very light gray.  Also, those of us who can see it properly hate it.   And as a suggestion, try finding a font that doesn't scream Comic Sans at us.  In design circles Comic Sans is literally the poster child for "soccer mom printing out ugly flyers.". Even comic books don't use anything like it.  There are oodles of other sans serif typefaces that will convey a casual yet professional look.

Edited 1659740748
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a rounded sans serif font that has no relation to Comic Sans. It's been the display font on half the site for a couple of years now. It's fine. The accessibility of pink is possibly an issue. But a font is just a matter of subjective tastes.
keithcurtis said: It's a rounded sans serif font that has no relation to Comic Sans. It's been the display font on half the site for a couple of years now. It's fine. The accessibility of pink is possibly an issue. But a font is just a matter of subjective tastes. Font is not purely a matter of taste - some fonts are objectively more readable than others.  This font (Nunito Black) is less readable than the previous font due to all the curves making it harder for the eye to distinguish between mid-stroke and end-of-stroke.  The kerning is also messed up (e.g. "Wink" looks uneven).  What's subjective is that the bad kerning and readability bothers me.

Edited 1659785470
As for the marketplace, I do NOT really see ANY difference! As for this Editor here, if you EDIT a Post OR write someone a PM it STILL has these pinkish outlines... IF you change something, PLEASE MAKE IT CONSISTENT for the WHOLE SITE!!! These Inconsistencies ALL over the Place are REALLY annoying!!! (Goes for nearly EVERYTHING Roll20 has done in recent past!) Val said: Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.  Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here.

Edited 1659787759
It would also be nice if you could EDIT YOUR CHANGE LOG with your recent changes! Since you have done some "improvements" it'd be nice and ONLY FAIR for us customers to see, WHAT you changed and where ( Transparency )! (and as you say in your Release Notes, the Change Log SHOULD always be complete, shouldn't it? Val said: Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.  Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here.

Edited 1659857888
Foundry is waving in the distance for me. 
Frank K. said: Foundry is waving in the distance for me.  Not only for you...
TheMarkus1204 said: Not only for you... I sent a follow-up to my ticket the other day; the one that got the answer "thank you for reaching out" and nothing else. I sent that yesterday morning (it's middle of the day here now) which means that the follow-up has gone unanswered for about 36 hours. That's what you would expect from an airline company... :-P
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I love Roll20 and you guys are great, but I have to agree that this was a poor aesthetic choice. I recommend returning to an aesthetic that is easier on the eyes. Otherwise, keep up the great work! Rock and roll on!
the only reason ive ever really used roll20 was because of the integrated lfg. With the colors stinging my eyes to the point its blinding, im gonna have to look for other places. Do yall know where lfgs are easy to find?
Maxtech said: the only reason ive ever really used roll20 was because of the integrated lfg. With the colors stinging my eyes to the point its blinding, im gonna have to look for other places. Do yall know where lfgs are easy to find? I am on a few Discord Communities that regularly post offerings...
If theyre open i wont mind joining
Apparently this is the thread for any issues with the UI currently, so I'll add the problems here. Character sheet and handouts appearing behind various parts of the UI meaning you can't see half the sheet if you have to use the normal browser zoom option.  (See screen shot 1) Very occasionally I have had the sheet move to the front, the way it should be, but I've not been able to replicate just what I did to make it happen. There also seems to be a problem with the way the font has been set up.  I use the Zoom Text Only option on Firefox and previously when zoomed in it worked perfectly, now it seems like the spacing has gone to pot meaning that the text is all scrunched up.  Character Sheets have never worked properly using this option, but it was good for accessing the Attributes and Abilities  sheet to enter macros for token actions.  The Chat box, while slightly problematic previously cutting off the very edge of some templates was better than it is now. The only way to make it readable is to enlarge the text to such an extent that the menu icons over hang the chat box, or I have to extend the chat box to take up half the map area.  I used to be able to have a fairly narrow chat box and still fit the icons along the top using a font size i could easily read in the chat box and in the Abilities boxes. For information the first screen shot was taken using Chrome, the second two using Firefox, currently no browser extensions are installed.  All three were taken on a 24" monitor.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi, I was the one who suggested cross posting the above issue here, mostly because it was likely due to the recent CSS changes. General interface issues are probably outside the scope of this thread.
Val said: Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.  Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here. It isn't limited to only Night Vision Type.  It is any dropdown.
Gold said: It's Typesetting the User's Game Titles, this font-and-color choice is too extreme, too branded, too niche, it's incompatible. The reason I take the time to post this is, I don't see this issue getting response from Roll20 Team in the upcoming fixes. It feels like this part is being dismissed, overlooked, or waved-off, and I'm asking for a direct response from Roll20 Team as well as to rally fellow users who have been Feeling this Pink but not sure how to express it or screenshot it to illustrate the problem. I feel like they are ignoring as per usual. I just don't understand. So many people are turned off by these changes, yet they seem to be forging ahead. If you want to chase away long time, loyal customers, this is how you do it. 
      I too would like to voice my distaste for the new color scheme. There was this awful pink message that kept popping up to try and say something about "Graphic Settings?", but with the horrible pink, I cant actually read the text  :(  I have been a paid member since February of 2014. I am not happy with this awful color scheme and will start to look at other VTT options if this is the new direction for your website.
DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The funny thing is, my thread about this was closed and I was linked here - That's totally fine, but when they did this, they said to "Keep an eye out for updates" lmao - If Roll20 has anything, it is a great sense of humour.
Knight Solaire said: The funny thing is, my thread about this was closed and I was linked here - That's totally fine, but when they did this, they said to "Keep an eye out for updates" lmao - If Roll20 has anything, it is a great sense of humour. ATM it's more tragedy than comedy in my eyes. :-/

Edited 1659888350
ANOTHER CSS BUG: Light Grey Font on white Background... It is just ANNOYING (And EMBARRASSING at the same time for the Devs!)...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
is that a By Roll20 sheet?
GiGs said: is that a By Roll20 sheet? Sadly not, BUT it suffers from the recent CSS Update, too... (before that change the color and font of those fields was different / the contrast much better)...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: GiGs said: is that a By Roll20 sheet? Sadly not, BUT it suffers from the recent CSS Update, too... (before that change the color and font of those fields was different / the contrast much better)... If it's not a By Roll20 sheet, you'll have to take it up with the author of that sheet. It's unfortunate, but they'll likely have to fix whatever changes to the CSS that Roll20 devs have made.

Edited 1659895437
GiGs said: TheMarkus1204 said: GiGs said: is that a By Roll20 sheet? Sadly not, BUT it suffers from the recent CSS Update, too... (before that change the color and font of those fields was different / the contrast much better)... If it's not a By Roll20 sheet, you'll have to take it up with the author of that sheet. It's unfortunate, but they'll likely have to fix whatever changes to the CSS that Roll20 devs have made. I am well aware that Roll20 is NOT responsible for community sheets, BUT it was changed with the recent layout changes... They changed the font also for the VTT to a more comic like and also changed the size of it:

Edited 1659901825
We spend hours and days preparing for our games, and it is not a good feeling when we cannot trust the VTT we use to not do moves like putting in production something half-baked and not tested that breaks basic functionality and creates problems for us, especially if instead of reverting back to a working version, they force us to endure things as they are as they take months to fix everything. That's even more stinging when it's a change that no one actually asked for or particularly wants, and so many bugs remain that also reduce our quality of life as we play our games. This keeps occurring.
Zaodon said: Val said: Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.  Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here. It isn't limited to only Night Vision Type.  It is any dropdown. And not even those dropdowns but other "Buttons" as well (see my post for the Shadowrun 6 character sheet with all buttons there being light grey on white which now is the case after the recent changes!
Jesse said: Thanks for the update but you guys are still glossing over the fact that this shade of pink is a common color blindness color and many people cannot distinguish it from a very light gray.&nbsp; Also, those of us who can see it properly hate it. <a href="https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/" rel="nofollow">https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/</a> Some of the pages look.... interesting when ran through a colour blindness simulator to say the least. No real way to tell what is a link and what isn't with some eyesight types. Also still promoting for Roll20 to atleast darken the grey of page borders for us with light sensitivity.
Val said: Hi folks, Thank you, again, for your patience and continued support to making Roll20 better! I wanted to share another update with you before the weekend.&nbsp; Since Drespar's last post, we’ve had another release to standardize typefaces across the website (for example in our Marketplace, My Games, and other pages). As the next order of priority, our team is focused on the following fixes: Visually differentiating enabled versus disabled Mod Scripts feature Implementing a background and border fix while editing forum posts Introducing a secondary color to the sub items on the main navigation bar Improving visibility of the Night Vision Type inside the Virtual Tabletop We’ll let you know once we have these in place, and will share the next set of items on deck. In the meantime, we’ll continue to document additional items raised here. The overbearing pink was realy, really bad, so the way the forums look now are a huge improvement.&nbsp; There are still some issues as people have pointed out (some text being greyed out f/x,) but overall it at least works. That being said, who is approving rolling these changes out forum-wide without testing?&nbsp; It seems like you guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot with these unaccounced changes that get people all wriled up when it makes it difficult for them to use the platform. So simple question - why do you guys keep making these unannounced changes?&nbsp; I assume you guys make enough revenue to have people in place to test these things, so when you don't the perception is that you are either really unorganized or just don't care what your customers think.&nbsp; Neither seems like what you'd want for your company. -Adam
I thought I would be reviled when I came here to make a post to protest the glaring pink...everything.&nbsp; I see I am in good company though. Adding to the petition.&nbsp; Pink must go please, it's just too painful to look at the screen.&nbsp; Thank you.

Edited 1659950932
It gets WORSE and WORSE... now with the Buttons being pressed they are PINK... Of course you do not have to use formating options such as bold etc. but if you do... get ready to see pink... (hovering = symbol being pink; pressed = button pink, font white)... Contrast? What is this? Can you eat it? When Editing, the pinkish outline is back BUT at least the buttons stay the way the were! Although with this, you are not able to tell if you use e.g. bold or other formating options cause there is no visual cue...
Another two bugs: After disabling sight for all tokens, to simulate magical darkness, the players could still see all other tokens (and some other things, like a "wall" built using SmartAoE). Here is a player's screenshot: However, if I (GM) selected a token and pressed ctrl+L, it only showed that token and nothing else (that is, as it should be for the player controlling the said token). So, one bug is that it is impossible to hide certain things from the players. The other is that ctrl+L does not actually show what the person controlling the token sees. I've been using roll20 for eight years, and my general impression is that it gets consistently worse as time goes by. It seems as if it had started with awesome devs and has been getting highly unqualified ones since then.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Algunillo, I don't think this is due to the recent site formatting changes. I replied to your specific post about this here .