Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Odd color choice for EVERYTHING now

Edited 1660644486
I believe Roll20 is well aware of all competitors out there... and there are a few more than you mentioned in your post (each with their own strengths and weaknesses depending on the system(s) you want to play)... Thing with me: I liked to use Roll20, I liked it for the simplicity in VTT, Characters, Handouts etc.;  But with every change Roll20 got considerably worse. First UDL vs LDL, the color different color pickers regarding the layer you are on, the vtt dark mode debacle and now this... As mentioned before: there was NO communication, no heads up or anything else regarding this... the "new" video feature seems to be different and it seems they learned their lession at least in this regard as they communicated it prior to release (which should be this week if I read correctly)... It is not just the forum but the Main Page as well. While logged out, you have the pink top navigation, but every point in sub navigation is black! After signing in EVERYTHING is pink... EXCEPT the user menu on the top right... Those inconsistencies are what is most annoying to me! Or have a look at the editor here in the forum. If you post a reply, there are no pinkish outlines and everything works (buttons turning pink on press with white font is a different matter)... EDIT a Post or write someone a PM and the editor looks different: pinkish outlines. The GOOD thing: If you write someone a PM at least the buttons show when pressed (turning pink etc.). While editing a post, this is not the case... and I could go on and on and on with this... ... ...
I seriously hope that the change of the editor here in the forum was not all that we can expect regarding the promised rollouts and that there is more to come! Drespar said: Hi again everyone, I wanted to provide an update at the end of the week. T his isn't as quick as we would have preferred, but,  as mentioned by Lavi ,  the team is focused on several fixes and enhancements. You can expect to start seeing some of those changes rolling out next week. We are taking the concerns of accessibility very seriously and are evaluating that feedback with the new design.  This is an update not just to the style but standardization of the Roll20 site, and is an enabler to unlock highly requested features such as Dark Mode outside of the VTT. We are planning to support this new design with continued improvements into the future.
Yeah I have something like 7k hours and I would hate to leave Roll20 but there have been a LOT of shit decisions lately. 
Another strange and absolutely not user friendly thing. When you "disable" a mod on the mod page of a game, it used to turn to light gray, now there's absolutely no change so you don't even know what script are enabled and the scripts that aren't.... Pretty annoying i must say.
This is one of the points raised by Drespar and should be fixed with the release this week. Lionel V. said: Another strange and absolutely not user friendly thing. When you "disable" a mod on the mod page of a game, it used to turn to light gray, now there's absolutely no change so you don't even know what script are enabled and the scripts that aren't.... Pretty annoying i must say.
I've purchased a Foundry license, but haven't done anything with it yet. I had decided to wait until their v.10 (stable) was released, then I would start playing with it as a DM, and learn how to use it. I do have a player in my Roll20 game, who also plays in another game that uses Foundry, and she says it runs fine, no problems. Like others have said, I have literally thousands of hours invested in Roll20, stretching back to 2014, I believe. I have built many battle maps, using art assets purchased in the Roll20 market place. However, all of those art packs are downloadable, meaning that I'm not restricted to using them in Roll20. I could take them somewhere else, if I wished. Now, it's also true that I have built lots of battle maps in Roll20, using those art assets which I've purchased. However, it occurs to me that I could just screen-shot those battle maps, save them as a graphic file, and then import them into another VTT app. So, no great amount of work would be lost there, either. As others have pointed out, Roll20 can't be beat for ease and simplicity of use. And as long as LDL is still being supported, I have pretty much everything I need. It's stable, and works well. Additionally, my players are currently in the middle of an epic campaign arc, and I'm not going switch VTT systems on them midway through that. But I think the whole thing might be wrapped up by the end of this year... and if it does, then I'll decide where I want to go, moving forward.
WOW... Roll20 has listened to its users... Top Navigation is still pink BUT Subnav is now Black again! ALSO: Character Sheet is now in Front at least for the left control panel... sadly macro bar / token action bar / avatars and zoom panel are still in front... Would be REALLY Nice if this could be fixed as well!
You've logged into the VTT now, Markus? That's where you see the changes? Because the forum pages and other webpages of the site are in glaring pink... Tried to disable the style provided by KC, and remembered very quickly why I decided to use it again... :P

Edited 1660730011
Main Top Navigation is pink, yes. BUT Subnavigation is black again: In VTT the only notable thing that has changed ist, that the character sheet is now in front again at least for the left control panel. I seriously hope this will soon be the case for all other elements there, too! (And after that the Settings Menu with hiding empty groups and hopefully reordering those buttons from bottom to top) AND regarding Dynamic Lighting, they changed the color picker for the better (IMO), but it is really huge now (maybe a bit smaller, but it is a step in the right direction!) -> BUT WHY do we need 2 different color pickers in the first place? Isn't one enough? @Roll20 Devs In the forums you still have grey links (if you do not use the Style KC provided) and grey outlines for the editor if you post a new reply... while editing, the pinkish outlines are back and the buttons do NOT work as intended (turning pink when pressed with white font etc.) Frank K. said: You've logged into the VTT now, Markus? That's where you see the changes? Because the forum pages and other webpages of the site are in glaring pink... Tried to disable the style provided by KC, and remembered very quickly why I decided to use it again... :P
It seems overnight that the  folder names  became  bold and the  handouts ?  Handouts should not be bold, so they are more distinguishable from their parent folder. Or has the font changed? Something is off.
Indeed! Those should be more distinguishable... And yes, I believe the font was changed... it seems to be smaller than before... Grand DM said: It seems overnight that the  folder names  became  bold and the  handouts ?  Handouts should not be bold, so they are more distinguishable from their parent folder. Or has the font changed? Something is off.
Grand DM said: It seems overnight that the  folder names  became  bold and the  handouts ?  Handouts should not be bold, so they are more distinguishable from their parent folder. Or has the font changed? Something is off. Yep, handouts (names) have become bold, as well as the folders. I think perhaps the font has been changed, also.  I agree - handouts should not be bold, but this is something I can live with. It's not literally hard on the eyes; well, at least not for me. 
Frank K. said: Grand DM said: It seems overnight that the  folder names  became  bold and the  handouts ?  Handouts should not be bold, so they are more distinguishable from their parent folder. Or has the font changed? Something is off. Yep, handouts (names) have become bold, as well as the folders. I think perhaps the font has been changed, also.  I agree - handouts should not be bold , but this is something I can live with. It's not literally hard on the eyes; well, at least not for me.  Well... they definitely improved things in the VTT department. Handouts and character names should not be in bold. It should be more distinguishable (at least IMO)...
One more thing: Is it possibly possible to adjust the font sizes ? The font on the left is significantly larger than the user menu on the right. And NO, please don't make the font on the right larger, but on the left smaller!
And even MORE fun... this time the Profile Page, especially the "Enjoys Playing" part: As you can see it overlaps with the next section "Actively Seeking Group for"... If you are just at the page, it looks normal. However if you hover over the "Enjoys Playing" field, it looks like on the screenshot...  And it is NOT possible to scroll in there...
Is it just me or did they change the default font in handouts? Maybe the line spacing too?... Hard to tell exactly with my eyesight. Assuming I'm not just paranoid at this point with all the site changes of late; Why can't we edit formatting in the in-game text editors anyhows? The program has the functionality for this sort of stuff already with how Roll20 has that 'not-sure-if-a-bug-or-feature' ability to pick up text formatting from external sources you copy-paste into Roll20. I say 'not-sure-if-a-bug-or-feature' since once your text is 'infected' with an external formatting change it can be very hard to get rid of without making an entirely new handout as of current. Though adding more formatting tools would definently push it into feature territory. It's a small thing, but being able to properly edit handout formatting might actually help people with eyesight issues. In my case increased line-spacing (which I think we have?...) would be undesirable as it increases the percentage of screen real-estate afforded to blindingly bright white makes everything harder to see with my light sensitivity. Though of course this might be different for someone with a different eye condition; thusly my promotion for a solution with increased customization options for the end user. Anyways, overall site design is still very hard on the eyes for those of us with Light Sensitivity. I feel like I'm harping on about it at this point, but it's also worth harping on about it with hopes of getting something done to help with site accessability.
TheMarkus1204 said: AND regarding Dynamic Lighting, they changed the color picker for the better (IMO), but it is really huge now (maybe a bit smaller, but it is a step in the right direction!) -> BUT WHY do we need 2 different color pickers in the first place? Isn't one enough? @Roll20 Devs Hush! Sometimes it's best to let the compromise stand. If they take it back to only one, you know that they'll likely discard the one that you like. :) So far in these and other message threads, I've heard only one person say that they liked the hue/saturation style color picker. I don't understand this preference (especially for the DL layer) but then again I don't have to. With the hue/saturation spectrum type picker and the color swatches and the dialog box for inputting rgb or hex values now available all preferences should be covered. ( T he example text in the dialog box shows an RGB value, but I tried it with a hex value (#cc3333) and it works).

Edited 1660751169
I would ask that the dark mode on/off button be moved up/closer to the other icons in the vertical icon bar, as it tends to interfere with our in-game portraits - as well as that it would look better if all menu items where in the ...well, menu. ;-) If I have all 3 players + myself in-game either one has to be moved away from the others (that can be me) or he or she will wind up in front of that button. 
Frank K. said: I would ask that the dark mode on/off button be moved up/closer to the other icons in the vertical icon bar, as it tends to interfere with our in-game portraits - as well as that it would look better if all menu items where in the ...well, menu. ;-) If I have all 3 players + myself in-game either one has to be moved away from the others (that can be me) or he or she will wind up in front of that button.  I still think that for the VTT, the dark mode/light mode toggle belongs on the "Settings" tab. There's also room for it in the lower right corner of the screen, next to the "Send" button below the chat window.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Dio G. said: Is it just me or did they change the default font in handouts? Maybe the line spacing too?... Hard to tell exactly with my eyesight. I don't think they have changed the normal text.  Headers are using a different font now though.
Rick A. said: Frank K. said: I would ask that the dark mode on/off button be moved up/closer to the other icons in the vertical icon bar, as it tends to interfere with our in-game portraits - as well as that it would look better if all menu items where in the ...well, menu. ;-) If I have all 3 players + myself in-game either one has to be moved away from the others (that can be me) or he or she will wind up in front of that button.  I still think that for the VTT, the dark mode/light mode toggle belongs on the "Settings" tab. There's also room for it in the lower right corner of the screen, next to the "Send" button below the chat window. Absolutely. Good suggestion/s. :-)
Night Vision effect pulldown and Handout Link popup are still white text on white background (and have been now for the better part of a month). Any hope of getting a fix for these this week?  It seems they are back to changing things that were fine instead of fixing things that were broken.
As so many bugs and issues are actively being reported (and I am sure more will continue to be discovered as users move forward with their activities), please revert these changes until the code is in a more stable state.  Additionally, consider allowing users to omit these new graphical changes altogether. I have poor eyesight, and I now struggle to read the text I myself have written in the VTT - which is proving to be a challenge when it comes to DMing. I am sure others have valid complaints on the visual redesign as well. Also, what's with the Comic Sans -like title font?
I just complained on another thread didnt realize it was all here hah. Can't read my character sheet anymore because now its white - on - white fonts for my game.  Can't seem to color tabs now either it ignores any color I choose. It's sooo annoying and seems like it keeps getting worse now the fonts for handouts are this obnoxious bold font. Why cant they just leave it be? Obviously working with color is a problem for this system - it was fine prior to this dark mode stuff.   Its actually finally made me go register for that Foundry system now to test that out this morning.

Edited 1660765005
Oh boy. The changes to the options menu have caused a bunch of glitches. Player Video / Avatar Size now displays at regular regardless of setting. Meanwhile video is also being requested despite being turned off; meaning that's also being automatically set to the default too. There's also inconsistancies in the dropdowns such as 'names' not being capitalized unlike the other options in the Video Size dropdown. Edit: Issue was addressed seperately here; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11039404/cant-get-rid-of-large-avatars" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11039404/cant-get-rid-of-large-avatars</a>
I really need to change this font. I don't mind if it goes back to what it was, although I prefer to customize what my particular game is. I really do not prefer the comic-sans type font at all.
We already heard that people with bad eyesight have trouble to read their own written Stories. And isn't that what Roll20 is for? Telling Stories and enjoying a Game? In the past few months there were alot of Features&nbsp; untested &nbsp;pushed directly into Live and that end in disturbing out Storytelling alot. Where is the Quality Management?&nbsp; Can we agree on that those changes were too quickly made and you could just revert them? I'm not sure what kind of Deployment system you use, Roll20, but ... hit the Revert Button. It's just so buggy and it does really hurt some eyes in here including my own.&nbsp; Or you could remove the boundaries of the CSS in the Sheets so we can fix atleast our Games on our own? I think alot of Pro users don't mind to write CSS, because that will lead to somebody in the Community bringing up the solution in hours :-/ We're invested to do such things, but man... slamming Pink everywhere isn't a proper solution.
Just want to point out, btw, none of these changes are on the Development Server.

Edited 1660768235
IS THIS really necessary? WHY is everything that small now? Those Buttons used to be right next to each other! If the font gets any smaller you need a lense to read it! EDIT: Macro Tab STILL uses BLUE for the checkboxes! ALSO: WHY the heck is everything PINK now even in VTT??? It was FINE the way it was! THANKS... NOW the VTT becomes nearly UNUSABLE!!!
Fanne R. said: Just want to point out, btw, none of these changes are on the Development Server. Yes! They thought... lets implement this and then just push it out to everyone of our GUINEA PIGS!
SOON you need a lense in order to read things: I wonder what those players / dms will do that can not read any of this because of the font size being this low!
And EVEN WORSE, this change ALSO IMPACTS ALL CHARACTER SHEETS!!! This looks REALLY UGLY NOW... These used to be SEPARATE FIELDS... Now it looks like it is just one huge field... Those fields all had the SAME HEIGHT prior to this change! WHY am I posting THESE here? To let Roll20 know, that they are about to BREAK a ton of character Sheets with their "Improvements!"
And another thing:&nbsp; Macro bar is BLANK! Those Macros SHOULD appear in the Macro bar. BUT: All there is to see is a darker square but NONE of the Macro Buttons appears there!

Edited 1660772268
Well, while everything might figuratively be on fire today... Atleast the new font for token names has all the letters center justified, unlike before where letters like 'e' were weirdly to the right. Truely, the one important and annoying itch that everyone cared about has been fixed! Edit: Also whoops, almost fergot: I still can't see Roll20. Fix the page brightness already.
At this point I feel like I woke up and someone painted my car pink without asking. Oh and they also changed all the fonts on my dash touch screen.&nbsp; And when I ask why? The silence is palpable.&nbsp;
Hi everyone, I want to confirm some of the updates folks have started noticing: Fixed the issue that made it difficult to discern which Mod Scripts were disabled/enabled Fixed an issue which caused the "insert link" pop up to have a transparent background while editing a post Introduced a secondary color to the main navigation bar Top of the list to be addressed still is the drop down for Night Vision Type. We have some other updates on the way to continue addressing feedback and issues pointed out by folks here, thanks again! Now, next. We have wanted to use a light hand with regards to our&nbsp; Code of Conduct &nbsp;on this thread given the subject matter.&nbsp; We strike a hard balance between allowing feedback, and disallowing bad faith critique. Accusing forum champs, theorizing about the political nature of a color, &nbsp;or blatant advertising, is not the kind of feedback we look for or allow. For that reason, we are closing the thread, with the promise that the feedback being posted up until it's closing is being used by our development team. We will also be removing the more egregious posts disregarding the Code of Conduct. We understand there will still be feedback, as such we've created a product board feature for the style updates where any feedback is directly catalogued to our development teams:&nbsp; Style and User Interface If you have other questions or concerns we encourage you to reach out to our support team via Roll20.net/help