Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Opt In to the New Toolbar and Layers Redesign

Loren said: As a player: the new sidebar is waaaaaay too big and needs clickthrough.  I play with an expanded chat window because we're an all text group.  If I have to have a much bigger sidebar taking up screen real estate on my left, I need to at least be able to click on tokens, map squares etc. that are under the bottom left side of said sidebar.  Either that or stop making it cover everything. I mentioned it before but I'll mention it again - if the sidebar would automatically roll out of sight to the left when not in use (after a second or two) then you'd free up space again. Honestly I wish this could happen on the right side with the chat window and all as well, it takes up so much space when it only really needs to take up space when it is being interacted with or people are chatting. Furthermore, the Turn Order tracker should automatically keep track of what Round it is.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Siz said: Furthermore, the Turn Order tracker should automatically keep track of what Round it is. You can do this already with a Custom entry. This is how the Escalation Die works in 13th Age. Not everyone cares about what Round it is. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Siz said: It must be a screen size issue, this is what I see on a 42" Oled The buttons apart from the MAP button are coloured?? I know I'm a bit color deficient, but these are literally just shades of grey, what even... There are different colors when a layer is chosen, but I think the idea floated here was to have them all with a differently colored icon or similar. The currently active layer is colored, not all buttons. Ie. click the map button, it switches from grey to pink, click the token button, the map button goes back to grey while the token button turns green. 
Gauss said: Siz said: It must be a screen size issue, this is what I see on a 42" Oled The buttons apart from the MAP button are coloured?? I know I'm a bit color deficient, but these are literally just shades of grey, what even... There are different colors when a layer is chosen, but I think the idea floated here was to have them all with a differently colored icon or similar. The currently active layer is colored, not all buttons. Ie. click the map button, it switches from grey to pink, click the token button, the map button goes back to grey while the token button turns green.  I'm with  Siz .  I only see the currently selected layer, and not in color, on the main toolbar.  If I click the layer icon, I get the overlay menu with the four layer buttons visible, and the selected layer in color . I doesn't bother me too much since I imagine it'll get fixed, but it would be annoying if it didn't get fixed.

Edited 1686023318
Gauss
Forum Champion
Eponymous said: I'm with  Siz .  I only see the currently selected layer, and not in color, on the main toolbar.  If I click the layer icon, I get the overlay menu with the four layer buttons visible, and the selected layer in color . I doesn't bother me too much since I imagine it'll get fixed, but it would be annoying if it didn't get fixed. I might have misunderstood, but from the screenshot Siz provided I think that they were thinking all four layer buttons would be colored at all times rather than only upon activation.  As for the issue you are having, when the buttons get combined into one button (due to size of screen, browser zoom, or whatever other reason might exist) the combined button is definitely missing the color it should have. I believe the Devs are aware of this now. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oenanthe said: Also, why is it stuck in dark mode? I've wondered that too. I don't like the look.

Edited 1686040100
I ran my first session last night using the redesign and it became very painful at the end, with me having to just give in and call the session early. Just for context, I run R20 on a 2018 MacBook Pro with a 27" external monitor running at 1920x1080. R20 is running on Chrome and I only have the R20 and 5e Tools browser windows open during a session on the 27" display. I run Discord on the Macbook display below. I did not have any music/sound effects playing from the R20 jukebox during the session last night either. I run audio through Discord but have the video windows (in small mode) for myself and the three players in R20. Before the redesign I did have some issues with slowdown from time to time and my Macbook fan was pretty much always at 100%, but this seemed to be magnified last night. The session had been running for around two hours and gradually each thing I tried to do seemed to be taking longer (so, opening map selection and moving between maps, opening character sheets, moving tokens and pinging). Also, the video feeds from the players were becoming more and more laggy with the video ending up running about five minutes behind the audio I was hearing on Discord and looking like it was in slow motion. By the time it came to combat, with three PC's and eight NPC's, it was pretty much unusable. I managed to get everyone into initiative order but there was so much of a delay between trying to perform any actions, or rolls or changing to different sheets that we ended up just giving in. I am going to try and run some tests this evening with just myself on the game to see if it does the same and the switch back to the old GUI and get the players back in for the combat to see if it's any better. Honestly though, I am not sure if this is a redesign issue or just the hardware I am using struggling more with it for some reason? EDIT: Just for clarity, wanted to add, I actually really like the redesign and think it is a cleaner and more streamlined way of working for me as DM at least.
Gauss said: Siz said: It must be a screen size issue, this is what I see on a 42" Oled The buttons apart from the MAP button are coloured?? I know I'm a bit color deficient, but these are literally just shades of grey, what even... There are different colors when a layer is chosen, but I think the idea floated here was to have them all with a differently colored icon or similar. The currently active layer is colored, not all buttons. Ie. click the map button, it switches from grey to pink, click the token button, the map button goes back to grey while the token button turns green.  No, it doesn't. I've demonstrated several times that, on my screen, the buttons remain grey. They do not change color after selection.

Edited 1686060784
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
EndoViper said: Honestly though, I am not sure if this is a redesign issue or just the hardware I am using struggling more with it for some reason? FWIW, I don't think it's either. I also run on Mac/Chrome and have just switched to the new UI. We ran our last game that way with no lag, running both audio and video through Roll20. No lag, overheating or fan. As an aside, I hope that everyone who reports lag or CPU spikes is also sending Console Logs ( Chrome , Firefox ) and  Help Center Requests . It's the only way Roll20 has of gathering data on this problem which seemingly affects some consistently, and other not at all.
I like that the selected layer button is in color and not the others as it gives me a quick confirmation of which layer I am on.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
EndoViper said: Before the redesign I did have some issues with slowdown from time to time and my Macbook fan was pretty much always at 100%, but this seemed to be magnified last night. The session had been running for around two hours and gradually each thing I tried to do seemed to be taking longer (so, opening map selection and moving between maps, opening character sheets, moving tokens and pinging). Also, the video feeds from the players were becoming more and more laggy with the video ending up running about five minutes behind the audio I was hearing on Discord and looking like it was in slow motion. By the time it came to combat, with three PC's and eight NPC's, it was pretty much unusable. I managed to get everyone into initiative order but there was so much of a delay between trying to perform any actions, or rolls or changing to different sheets that we ended up just giving in. As a fellow Mac user, I had this same problem about a month ago.  For me, when performance would tank, I'd see kernel_task start using 700-900% of CPU in Activity Monitor.  After some digging, I found out that kernel_task takes over CPUs if the system starts to overheat, which is often caused by fan blockage when GPU is in heavy use.  Roll20 is the only thing that uses my GPU for the most part, so I'd only see it when Roll20 was active.  I took the back off my MacBook and cleaned a huge amount of dust and cat hair out of it, and it's been performing great since.
I had the same problem with my old Mac - the kernel_task  started taking up huge amounts of CPU and the machine slowed down to a crawl whenever I was playing WoW  and only WoW . In my case, it turned out to be a bad battery, that was triggering a problem on the motherboard (the motherboard had been replaced during the pandemic by a 3rd party since Apple stores weren't doing any repairs). The motherboard that the 3rd party put in turned out to be defective when I finally had it diagnosed by Apple. Needless to say I bought a new machine - at that point, since the machine was no longer under Apple Care (it was during the pandemic) the new motherboard would have cost me nearly 2/3 the cost of a new machine not counting the battery replacement so it was wiser to just upgrade machines. Anyway, what the OP should do (IMHO) is to open up Activity Monitor while playing Roll20 and see if kernel_task  starts chewing up all the CPU. If that is really what is happening, that's certainly your lag problem. It means that there's a hardware problem somewhere on your machine. If you have any diagnostic tools available, you can run them but the easiest thing to do is to just go to the Genius Bar at a local store and have them run their diagnostics. It's free except for the cost of gas. :-) Their tools go much deeper in checking out the hardware than any other tool. If Roll20 is the only thing lagging, I'd guess the problem is somewhere in the GPU and the hardware acceleration is causing the problem. But it will take deep diagnostics to be certain. As a temporary solution, you can try to turn off hardware acceleration and see if the problem eases. It might not go away if it's the GPU that's bad but it might help. But, turning off the hardware acceleration might lead to other problems with Roll20. Again, the Apple diagnostics are your best bet to find out the real hardware issue. The Aaron said: EndoViper said: Before the redesign I did have some issues with slowdown from time to time and my Macbook fan was pretty much always at 100%, but this seemed to be magnified last night. The session had been running for around two hours and gradually each thing I tried to do seemed to be taking longer (so, opening map selection and moving between maps, opening character sheets, moving tokens and pinging). Also, the video feeds from the players were becoming more and more laggy with the video ending up running about five minutes behind the audio I was hearing on Discord and looking like it was in slow motion. By the time it came to combat, with three PC's and eight NPC's, it was pretty much unusable. I managed to get everyone into initiative order but there was so much of a delay between trying to perform any actions, or rolls or changing to different sheets that we ended up just giving in. As a fellow Mac user, I had this same problem about a month ago.  For me, when performance would tank, I'd see kernel_task start using 700-900% of CPU in Activity Monitor.  After some digging, I found out that kernel_task takes over CPUs if the system starts to overheat, which is often caused by fan blockage when GPU is in heavy use.  Roll20 is the only thing that uses my GPU for the most part, so I'd only see it when Roll20 was active.  I took the back off my MacBook and cleaned a huge amount of dust and cat hair out of it, and it's been performing great since.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Saul J. said: Gauss said: Siz said: It must be a screen size issue, this is what I see on a 42" Oled The buttons apart from the MAP button are coloured?? I know I'm a bit color deficient, but these are literally just shades of grey, what even... There are different colors when a layer is chosen, but I think the idea floated here was to have them all with a differently colored icon or similar. The currently active layer is colored, not all buttons. Ie. click the map button, it switches from grey to pink, click the token button, the map button goes back to grey while the token button turns green.  No, it doesn't. I've demonstrated several times that, on my screen, the buttons remain grey. They do not change color after selection. Saul, for you they don't because they are compressed into one button. I was specifically addressing Siz's image and how the non-compressed setup works.  The issue you are having is a design oversight and has been reported to the Devs but it is important to note that there are two versions of the layer tools here. The uncompressed and the compressed versions. 
Thanks Keith, As I say, I was not sure what could be causing this and was more than willing to accept that running the new GUI and the slowdown occuring were simply a coincidence in that my MacBook was also starting to struggle in general. It's a good point about the Console logs though and I admit I am guilty of not doing that but will do in future. keithcurtis said: FWIW, I don't think it's either. I also run on Mac/Chrome and have just switched to the new UI. We ran our last game that way with no lag, running both audio and video through Roll20. No lag, overheating or fan. As an aside, I hope that everyone who reports lag or CPU spikes is also sending Console Logs ( Chrome , Firefox ) and  Help Center Requests . It's the only way Roll20 has of gathering data on this problem which seemingly affects some consistently, and other not at all. The Aaron said: As a fellow Mac user, I had this same problem about a month ago.  For me, when performance would tank, I'd see kernel_task start using 700-900% of CPU in Activity Monitor.  After some digging, I found out that kernel_task takes over CPUs if the system starts to overheat, which is often caused by fan blockage when GPU is in heavy use.  Roll20 is the only thing that uses my GPU for the most part, so I'd only see it when Roll20 was active.  I took the back off my MacBook and cleaned a huge amount of dust and cat hair out of it, and it's been performing great since. Saul J. said: I had the same problem with my old Mac - the kernel_task  started taking up huge amounts of CPU and the machine slowed down to a crawl whenever I was playing WoW  and only WoW . In my case, it turned out to be a bad battery, that was triggering a problem on the motherboard (the motherboard had been replaced during the pandemic by a 3rd party since Apple stores weren't doing any repairs). The motherboard that the 3rd party put in turned out to be defective when I finally had it diagnosed by Apple. Needless to say I bought a new machine - at that point, since the machine was no longer under Apple Care (it was during the pandemic) the new motherboard would have cost me nearly 2/3 the cost of a new machine not counting the battery replacement so it was wiser to just upgrade machines. Anyway, what the OP should do (IMHO) is to open up Activity Monitor while playing Roll20 and see if kernel_task  starts chewing up all the CPU. If that is really what is happening, that's certainly your lag problem. It means that there's a hardware problem somewhere on your machine. If you have any diagnostic tools available, you can run them but the easiest thing to do is to just go to the Genius Bar at a local store and have them run their diagnostics. It's free except for the cost of gas. :-) Their tools go much deeper in checking out the hardware than any other tool. If Roll20 is the only thing lagging, I'd guess the problem is somewhere in the GPU and the hardware acceleration is causing the problem. But it will take deep diagnostics to be certain. As a temporary solution, you can try to turn off hardware acceleration and see if the problem eases. It might not go away if it's the GPU that's bad but it might help. But, turning off the hardware acceleration might lead to other problems with Roll20. Again, the Apple diagnostics are your best bet to find out the real hardware issue. The Aaron said: EndoViper said: Before the redesign I did have some issues with slowdown from time to time and my Macbook fan was pretty much always at 100%, but this seemed to be magnified last night. The session had been running for around two hours and gradually each thing I tried to do seemed to be taking longer (so, opening map selection and moving between maps, opening character sheets, moving tokens and pinging). Also, the video feeds from the players were becoming more and more laggy with the video ending up running about five minutes behind the audio I was hearing on Discord and looking like it was in slow motion. By the time it came to combat, with three PC's and eight NPC's, it was pretty much unusable. I managed to get everyone into initiative order but there was so much of a delay between trying to perform any actions, or rolls or changing to different sheets that we ended up just giving in. As a fellow Mac user, I had this same problem about a month ago.  For me, when performance would tank, I'd see kernel_task start using 700-900% of CPU in Activity Monitor.  After some digging, I found out that kernel_task takes over CPUs if the system starts to overheat, which is often caused by fan blockage when GPU is in heavy use.  Roll20 is the only thing that uses my GPU for the most part, so I'd only see it when Roll20 was active.  I took the back off my MacBook and cleaned a huge amount of dust and cat hair out of it, and it's been performing great since. I have been watching Activity Monitor over the last day whilst in R20 preparing the next session...adding some pretty hefty maps with weather, music etc. and the kernel task CPU % has never gone above 3.5%...however, I do know that both Chrome and Discord can be CPU and RAM killers, so I am going to try and set up a test session with my players with a resource heavy map just to monitor the kernel task % more. I have also have a P5 screwdriver on it's way to me today so I can take the bottom of my Macbook off and give it a good clean out in case it's something as simple as dust build up causing overheating. It's done me well for five Years now but it's never actually used as a proper laptop anymore and is always docked on my desk so I am considering just getting an M2 Pro MacMini later this Year....just need the Macbook to hold out until then. Thanks for all the advise everyone though, and sorry for bringing this up in this thread as, like I say, I was not sure it had anything to do with the redesign.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andrew R. said: I was surprised to discover that it's an all-in setting. I enabled the New UI Preview on a Library game, but now all of my games have the New UI Preview. Tonight I find that my opt-in to the New UI Preview has been reset to OFF and Dark Mode has been set to ON. 
I like the new layers interface.  It's been much easier for me to get to the right layer to do whatever fiddling around I need to do, both at prep time and in-game. I do have to say that the new dice roller doesn't work for me.  In the old interface, I would keep the regular dice roller on GM-only rolls and use it for things like wandering monster checks, reaction checks, etc, while I kept the advanced dice roller open on the tabletop (ghosted out as needed) so I could roll things in the open for the players to see.  This new interface forces me to click GM only each time I want to roll secretly, and also forces me to click Advanced each time I want to roll in the open with all modifiers added into the roll.  Also, a fairly major issue to my personal tastes is that the roller opens up right where I keep the turn tracker open, forcing me to ghost it out every time I make a die roll in the open.  Since I'm usually doing this in combat, and need the turn tracker for combat as well, it's added a lot of extra fussing around in-game.  Please make the advanced die roller openable as a window on the tabletop once more. Lastly, and this is just a minor suggestion that I've had bouncing around in my head for a while, maybe make another layer for overhead obstacles and fog-type effects?  The way I picture this is a layer that you could put tree canopies or overhead bridges on that wouldn't completely obscure tokens underneath them, and would allow those tokens to be selected through the overhead layer.  Another possible use for it would be to creating areas of fog, smoke, or otherwise obscured vision which would automatically limit vision into or through the area without having to futz around with the dynamic lighting settings.   Anyway, thanks for all you do.  I joined Roll20 at the beginning of the pandemic just to have something to do and to reconnect with old friends, and I've been having a blast ever since.
The new toolbar takes up to much screen real estate. Can't even pull the Initative thing over it. 
Hello! Yesterday we released: Added butter to the Zoom slider make zooming smoother. Keyboard Shortcut to select the Lighting Layer without enabling Advanced Shortcuts. Fixed an problem with showing the previous path after moving a token with waypoints using x keyboard shortcut. Fixed an issue that would open the copy/paste menu when completing a polygon. Updated text to "Clear Drawings and Text" to make the result more clear. Other assorted enhancements and bug fixes. All changes are in the Change Log . Best!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Bianca said: Hello! Yesterday we released: Added butter to the Zoom slider make zooming smoother. Is that like waxing your modem to make it faster? I'm not sure what that says about me that you immediately made me think of Weird Al's "It's All About The Pentiums" when reading that... <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos</a>
Turn order STILL uses the OLD - legacy - Style vs. the Dice Roller uses the style of the new UI... This should be fixed also just to fit the new look!
My previous complaint appears to have been resolved in the last update. However, now I can use the toolbar, it doesn't fit on the screen at my laptop's default resolution. I can only get to the map layer button by switching the browser to full screen or changing the laptop's display settings. I much prefer the old, smaller menu in general, though that's just a matter of personal aesthetic preference. Having a display that's usable at more than one resolution seems pretty fundamental, though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you give details on the resolutions that work and those that don't? The dev team might find that useful.
keithcurtis said: Can you give details on the resolutions that work and those that don't? The dev team might find that useful. Sure. 1920x1080 works if application zoom is set at 100%; but the toolbar extends off the bottom of the screen at 125% (the default setting for my laptop). The same is true for 1680x1050. At 1600x900 or 1440x900 the toolbar extends off the bottom at any zoom. That's as far as I experimented. This is using Firefox on Windows 10.
While using Fog of War reveal you can not pan using right click, which is REALLY annoying! Might this get fixed?
Still doesn't work on my MacBook. I'm not going to repeat the problems here - see upthread for details. Bianca said: Hello! Yesterday we released: Added butter to the Zoom slider make zooming smoother. Keyboard Shortcut to select the Lighting Layer without enabling Advanced Shortcuts. Fixed an problem with showing the previous path after moving a token with waypoints using x keyboard shortcut. Fixed an issue that would open the copy/paste menu when completing a polygon. Updated text to "Clear Drawings and Text" to make the result more clear. Other assorted enhancements and bug fixes. All changes are in the Change Log . Best!
Bumping my feedback about the toggle for GM rolls not sticking (I have to keep toggling it on every time I open the dice roller) since Kenneth M also surfaced the problem.
Jan K. said: keithcurtis said: Can you give details on the resolutions that work and those that don't? The dev team might find that useful. Sure. 1920x1080 works if application zoom is set at 100%; but the toolbar extends off the bottom of the screen at 125% (the default setting for my laptop). The same is true for 1680x1050. At 1600x900 or 1440x900 the toolbar extends off the bottom at any zoom. That's as far as I experimented. This is using Firefox on Windows 10. I can add that the toolbar vanishes off the bottom of the screen with 1600 x 900 on Chrome as well. Being able to scroll down the menu would solve this as far as I'm concerned, but not sure if it would work for others.

Edited 1686458805
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I managed to run a session of my 13th Age Glorantha game using the new Toolbar with no serious problems.&nbsp; The only thing I recall that was unusual was moving all the tokens from the GM Layer to the Token Layer did not refresh the Turn Tracker until I sorted it. Then all the pre-rolled Monster initiatives appeared for the players.&nbsp;
TheMarkus1204 said: Ralph said: Where and how can I change the GM Overlay Opacity in the new design? There was a bar in the old one on the top left of you hovered over it. This setting has gone missing and was reported to the devs by keith. Ah .... half an hour wasted. Otherwise it looks pretty good - got to switch it off for now until you fix the GM opacity as its a bit too harsh in some pages of Storm King's Thunder.

Edited 1686493976
The new layout looks pretty cool, but when I tried to do the preview it caused several issues with the website and all of my maps.&nbsp; The music I had playing in the background no longer loops or plays when the page is loaded or refreshed, and this is a critical thing for the waiting lobby for my games.&nbsp;&nbsp; As minor of an annoyance as that is, the UI halted every singular animated gif I had looping on every single map I have created, and also prevents them from looping at all when clicking the play button. They just play once then stop.&nbsp;&nbsp; Even after I selected to opt out of the UI, this issue is persisting.&nbsp; I would really like feedback soon because this game has been in prep for coming off a hiatus for quite some time and I have multiple players very excited about it, and I simply cannot deliver on the level they expect without looping animated gifs.&nbsp; Upon further inspection, I realized I was using firefox, and chastised myself, switching to google chrome, but when I loaded the maps in again, the animations would play for a half second, then glitch to a halt and the same issue was present.&nbsp; The jukebox issue was resolved... in part.&nbsp; But it sometimes cuts out also.&nbsp; I do not know if I am the only one having this issue, but it makes me regret ever touching the preview button for the UI.&nbsp; You can make all the upgrades to the interface that you want, but without the flashy repeating gif animations my game and what is more or less years of preparation and brainstorming, all for a high tier presentation, is effectively and completely ruined.&nbsp; I would like very much if somebody who can help resolve this issue would reach out to me.
The bar being ever-present was bothering another one of the players in a game I'm in, so I whipped up some quick css: /* Let the new sidebar slide in and out on hover */ div#master-toolbar {left: -55px; transition: left 1s ease-out 0.5s;} div#master-toolbar:hover {left: 0px; transition: left 0.2s ease-in 0s;} I didn't look into if the thing is always 56px wide on different browsers/etc so that "-55px" may need adjustment, but I like how it turned out.
It's a nice design, no doubt about it, but WHY are my animated tokens now not looping? - Weather effects not looping, Spell effects not looping... Why?
DEMONSPIKE said: It's a nice design, no doubt about it, but WHY are my animated tokens now not looping? - Weather effects not looping, Spell effects not looping... Why? It is a known bug. Copy / Paste the token / animation fixes it for whatever reason...

Edited 1686530037
The zoom bar is bothering me a little, I'd love to have the option to put the zoom bar at the white space on the bottom of the new toolbar, kind of like this:
Sean W.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nathaniel L. said: Bumping my feedback about the toggle for GM rolls not sticking (I have to keep toggling it on every time I open the dice roller) since Kenneth M also surfaced the problem. This ^^^ kind of a big deal for GMs.
I wrote myself a macro to roll any number of any kind of dice with a modificator and this in two versions: one public for every one to see and one only for me... It is a workaround and it sure is way faster than clicking the diceroller - GM Rolls etc. ^^ Sean W. said: Nathaniel L. said: Bumping my feedback about the toggle for GM rolls not sticking (I have to keep toggling it on every time I open the dice roller) since Kenneth M also surfaced the problem. This ^^^ kind of a big deal for GMs.
The behaviour of the drawing tool where it defaults to black every time I open it, means that this interface makes it effectively impossible to add dynamic lighting to a map. I am now pretty much done with this interface.

Edited 1686567484
Hi Dr DM&nbsp; I find it defaults to your avatar colour (or whatever the colour block after your name is called) - so drawings can be identified by the fact they match the "artist" - changing your avatar colour will change the default colour.&nbsp; Not ideal, but works

Edited 1686571471
Not, even more annoyingly, on the light layer. It's hard for me to express just how frustrated this makes me.
Ahh, fair, I'm working on a map where all the DL is already set, so was familiar with how drawing on the token layer works from yesterday's session.&nbsp; It defaults to black on the Light layer, requiring a selection to be made when starting to lay DL.&nbsp; Although it is only two additional clicks I would agree it is not the best choice of default colour for DL when most commercial maps I have seen use blue for walls- thus I tend to follow suit to retain the familiar.&nbsp; I have left feedback to this effect - I get we will all have our own colour preferences, but personally I feel black is probably not the best
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dr DM said: The behaviour of the drawing tool where it defaults to black every time I open it, means that this interface makes it effectively impossible to add dynamic lighting to a map. I am now pretty much done with this interface. My confidence is high that this behavior will be changed sooner rather than later.
I certainly hope so.&nbsp; I understand Dr DM's frustration as I tend to focus in on one section of the map at a time and switch between the different DL types.&nbsp; Having to reset the color every time is a pain in the posterior. keithcurtis said: Dr DM said: The behaviour of the drawing tool where it defaults to black every time I open it, means that this interface makes it effectively impossible to add dynamic lighting to a map. I am now pretty much done with this interface. My confidence is high that this behavior will be changed sooner rather than later.
Hey, I have a potentially dumb question about the new tool bar. Where do you find the slider for the GM Layer opacity?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kaiju K. said: Hey, I have a potentially dumb question about the new tool bar. Where do you find the slider for the GM Layer opacity? It is currently not present, that is an issue the Devs are aware of an hopefully will be resolved before too long.&nbsp;
Not sure if this is related (but it never happened until recently, so it might be), but I hate the "Join voice &amp; video" button that pops up - even if I have gone in and have chosen "none" for those options. Could this be made to go away unless one or more of those are enabled? I worry about clicking it because I don't want to turn them on.
I think it would be useful if the devs (or someone else from the Roll20 team) could post an update of the issues that they are looking into, or in the process of resolving. That would keep us from endlessly and needlessly repeating things. Gauss said: Kaiju K. said: Hey, I have a potentially dumb question about the new tool bar. Where do you find the slider for the GM Layer opacity? It is currently not present, that is an issue the Devs are aware of an hopefully will be resolved before too long.&nbsp;