Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account Compendium in Game, Join Today

Foreground Map Layer

Score + 1016
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
My understanding is that all "additional layer" type suggestions are on hold until the lighting change is done.  The weather layer may have been marked that way before they had to roll back last years revamp of the legacy lighting system, but I don't remember for sure when that was done.
Mike L. said: Curious as to why this is "Obstructed" if the "Weather layer" is on the development roadmap,  The developers had trouble with making new layers because of the way the entire VTT worked. Now the whole thing is re-written from the ground up and dynamic lighting is re-designed, they have the building blocks to go ahead with new layers, plus a lot of other things which were previously obstructed, apparently.
Kenton
Roll20 Team
As mentioned in the post for A New Light - Updated Dynamic Lighting is nearing feature parity. Once we've reached that milestone, we'll begin the process of sunsetting the Legacy Dynamic Lighting feature set. That will remove the barrier preventing work on this feature, but I want to caution with five full pages of posts, achieving everything mentioned will not be a short process.
The weather layer has been in development for a while, will it come out later this year? And will you have it for free accounts?

Edited 1605633470
Rafael R. said: The weather layer has been in development for a while, will it come out later this year? And will you have it for free accounts? Weather Layer won't be possible until sunsetting Legacy Dynamic Lighting is complete.  Probably not this year. D:  Maybe 2021. Of course it will be free.
Is this still "Obstructed" now that UDL is "Feature parity"?

Edited 1605423913
Craig Steinhoff said: Is this still "Obstructed" now that UDL is "Feature parity"? Only for the simple fact that sunsetting Legacy Dynamic Lighting is not yet complete.