Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder sheet thread 4: Life after Sam

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Extra size drop down will be going away soon. I've already tested the changes, but it depends on getting some other stuff done and when roll20 puts out the new prod release
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@SilentXero  I'll have a look at the button roll and see if I can expand the clickable area. @Alex  The size selected on the sheet only affects attacks and AC since you can only assign a single value to an attribute.  Instead of adding a new column to all skills just for fly and stealth, I added the query to choose size and it's appropriate modifier as needed.  The next Roll20 update  adds javascript(sheet workers), so we can now assign multiple values to attributes based on a single input.  This is a HUGE addition.  Chris has started working on this and the query will no longer be necessary.  Use the query for now, but this change will happen soon.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
SilentXero said: Hi there, Having a slight problem with the sheet. Not sure if this is something on my end or an issue with the sheet (read: "I probably broke something!") I'm having an issue where if I don't click roll buttons for spells (the ones beside where you input all the spell info not the ones in a line up top) in a very specific place (the very lower right corner of the button) then all the roll button does is expand/collapse the spell info. I'm finding I need to be pixel perfect or the spell does not roll. I can try to demonstrate this in some screenshots if it would help any. I can still use the roll buttons at the top if needs must but seeing as they don't seem to use the set options for each spell I prefer using the other buttons. I skimmed the last couple of pages to see if anyone has posted this already but sorry if I missed it. Thanks for the incredible sheet, all your work is greatly appreciated! Cheers. Edit: It actually seems to only let me roll if I click right on the edge of the button on the top, right, or bottom edges. Left edge just expands/collapses as does anywhere else on the button within maybe 5 or so pixels of the afore mentioned edges. I'm not experiencing the problem SilentXeno...  browser or extension issue?

Edited 1449587775
Hey guys, Noticed a calculation error.  See the image and see the ability score for dex.   With the damage, this character should have 11 of dex this a mod of 0.  But it is showing 1.  I double checked the other parts of the sheet, and not bonus can be found other then there.  Playing with it, it seems to be when I put the damage that it does not make a good calculation because if I put the -5 dmg for dex inthe enhance slot, the calculation is good. I am using this update version: 11.05.15

Edited 1449602591
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ability Damage and Penalties do not actually lower the ability score. Every 2 points of damage lowers the modifier by 1. 1 point of ability damage has no effect, even if you have an even ability score.&nbsp;Only ability Drain actually lowers the ability score. So a 16 DEX with 5 points of damage means you still have 16 DEX and the modifier is +1. This is a difference between Pathfinder and how 3.5 worked. <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html#ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html#ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain</a> For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die. Unless otherwise noted, damage to your ability scores is healed at the rate of 1 per day to each ability score that has been damaged. Ability damage can be healed through the use of spells, such as lesser restoration . Some spells and abilities cause you to take an ability penalty for a limited amount of time. While in effect, these penalties function just like ability damage, but they cannot cause you to fall unconscious or die. In essence, penalties cannot decrease your ability score to less than 1.
Ah, then I have been applying the rule wrong, thanks for that!
REQUEST: Can you add to the Spells tab a section for spell-like abilities and provide a +/- box for players to choose its base save DC, a Dropbox for ability score modification, and a misc box for other modifiers. REASON: Not all spell-like abilities have a static base save, but rather scale as the Player Character gains levels. A prime example of this is the Kineticist from Occult Adventures. Besides the Kineticist, there is a magic system with rising popularity called ' Spheres of Power ' which uses a combination of spell points and at-will spell-like abilities whose DC's scale with character advancement. It is for these reasons that I would like to request including a section in the spells tab devoted to spell-like abilities.
Hello! I noticed an error today in a game where my Str modifier in all fields of Defenses except my saves is being capped at my Armor's Max Dex limit. Thanks for the sheet, it is otherwise working great and I liked the latest update.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That one (str capped) has been fixed too. We are just waiting for them to release the new versions of sheets and the new update.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon said: REQUEST: Can you add to the Spells tab a section for spell-like abilities and provide a +/- box for players to choose its base save DC, a Dropbox for ability score modification, and a misc box for other modifiers. REASON: Not all spell-like abilities have a static base save, but rather scale as the Player Character gains levels. A prime example of this is the Kineticist from Occult Adventures. Besides the Kineticist, there is a magic system with rising popularity called ' Spheres of Power ' which uses a combination of spell points and at-will spell-like abilities whose DC's scale with character advancement. It is for these reasons that I would like to request including a section in the spells tab devoted to spell-like abilities. Hi Simon. &nbsp;So are you looking for something similar(plus DC, Ability-type, and misc.) to what is on the NPC tab? &nbsp;I don't have Occult Adventures, so I'm curious as to how much of a demand there is for such an addition to the sheet or if we could adjust the existing spell-like abilities or class abilities to accommodate...? &nbsp;We're always cautious when adding additional features outside of core due to the amount of alternative rule-sets and the complexity of integrating optional sheet features without disrupting the majority of the roll20 PF community. &nbsp;All that said, I like to accommodate whenever possible and of course there is always the custom sheet route for Pro's.
Vince said: Simon said: REQUEST: Can you add to the Spells tab a section for spell-like abilities and provide a +/- box for players to choose its base save DC, a Dropbox for ability score modification, and a misc box for other modifiers. REASON: Not all spell-like abilities have a static base save, but rather scale as the Player Character gains levels. A prime example of this is the Kineticist from Occult Adventures. Besides the Kineticist, there is a magic system with rising popularity called ' Spheres of Power ' which uses a combination of spell points and at-will spell-like abilities whose DC's scale with character advancement. It is for these reasons that I would like to request including a section in the spells tab devoted to spell-like abilities. Hi Simon. &nbsp;So are you looking for something similar(plus DC, Ability-type, and misc.) to what is on the NPC tab? &nbsp;I don't have Occult Adventures, so I'm curious as to how much of a demand there is for such an addition to the sheet or if we could adjust the existing spell-like abilities or class abilities to accommodate...? &nbsp;We're always cautious when adding additional features outside of core due to the amount of alternative rule-sets and the complexity of integrating optional sheet features without disrupting the majority of the roll20 PF community. &nbsp;All that said, I like to accommodate whenever possible and of course there is always the custom sheet route for Pro's. Information on the Kineticist can be found&nbsp; here . Relevant info:&nbsp;Unless otherwise noted, the DC for a saving throw against a wild talent is equal to 10 + the wild talent's effective spell level + the kineticist's Constitution modifier.&nbsp;Kinetic blast and defense wild talents are always considered to have an effective spell level equal to 1/2 the kineticist's class level. Things that I would like the spell-like abilities to include everything the spells have (i.e. School, Components, Range, Targets, etc) but instead of spell level include either: 1) [+/-] box or preferably 2) dropbox (including 0-9 or the option of CL/2). I think by including the 0-9 and the option of Caster Level /2 you can handle SLA's which are static or grow depending on caster level. &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;

Edited 1449755683
Mal
Plus
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet.. But It would be very nice for the 'AC' in the Buff Section to be able to be specified. Right now the AC gained from buffs does not apply to CMD/Touch if say, the buff gives you a dodge AC.&nbsp; Perhaps you could allow it to scroll to several options? AC, Dodge, Insight, Luck, Sacred etc..&nbsp; Right now I play a Vigilante avenger using combat expertise and fighting defensively to tank the heavy foes and it is very much necessary for me to change my numbers in the sheet as the DM uses macro to check stats for smooth play. Me using the buff section for these penalties/buffs makes things a looooot easier. Adding the CMD manually is not much work but it would make the sheet even better :)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've had the same idea, after the next release we will be able to test more changes. But something like: dodge, deflect, natural, both AC and cmd, AC only (since there are a bunch of buffs that apply to both spelled out in the rules, like insight, divine etc) But we just need more room!&nbsp; Right now we're kind of waiting for the next big code release which should be before the new year. Then we will probably have lots of bugs and complaints for a few weeks. Then we can put new test pages on a public campaign any user can get to.&nbsp;
I don't know if this has been considered and/or addressed, already: Can we get a field for alternate name to be used in the template titles? There are times that I'd like to do a macro roll for an NPC's initiative or combat and I don't want the players to see what it is they're encountering. I'd rather put in something descriptive - i.e., "Rodent of Unusual Size" vs. "Dire Rat". &nbsp;I don't want to change the name on the journal, so I can quickly identify my entries.
I noticed a bug where i can't roll on Skills with a Str-modifier. ie Climbing, nothing happens on smashing the button until i change the Ability to something else than Str.

Edited 1449889361
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Timm I'll look into an alternative or an option to include a "friendly" name... BTW you can now toggle /w gm for all NPC and/or PC rolls from the Config tab. &nbsp;PR already merged, will be included with the next update. &nbsp;Players will not see macros that are whisperd to the GM. @Pete&nbsp; I'll have a look at that tonight and get it fixed asap. &nbsp;Thank you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pete said: I noticed a bug where i can't roll on Skills with a Str-modifier. ie Climbing, nothing happens on smashing the button until i change the Ability to something else than Str. I'm not able to reproduce the problem Pete. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp; We haven't made any changes to Skills or the STR-mod formula... I would double-check the macro text for any errors and all sub-attributes that are used to calculate STR-mod (base, enhancement, misc, buffs, damage, etc.) as well as the sub-attributes that are used to calculate the value of the STR-based skill in question. &nbsp;If all else fails maybe try clearing you browser cache and/or following some of the troubleshooting steps given on the wiki.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> Make sure you are using Chrome or FF. &nbsp;Many people have problems with other "unsupported" browsers. &nbsp;Post back on your progress. &nbsp;Thanks

Edited 1449905139
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Timm O. said: I don't know if this has been considered and/or addressed, already: Can we get a field for alternate name to be used in the template titles? There are times that I'd like to do a macro roll for an NPC's initiative or combat and I don't want the players to see what it is they're encountering. I'd rather put in something descriptive - i.e., "Rodent of Unusual Size" vs. "Dire Rat". &nbsp;I don't want to change the name on the journal, so I can quickly identify my entries. Some thoughts. &nbsp;Using "/w gm", such as everything rolled on the NPC tab, prevents players from seeing the NPC/monster's name. &nbsp;The turn tracker displays the names of tokens to players only if the Player Permissions have been set to "see" from the advanced token properties. &nbsp;So, you could name your token anything and your NPC/monster's names on the sheet should be safe from the player's view. (unless they make a target macro that pulls various attributes from your tokens... but that's another story.) Macro-text can also be edited to say whatever you want. &nbsp;This {{character_name=@{character_name}}} could be changed to&nbsp;{{character_name=Rodent of Unusual Size}} &nbsp;There's also a recently added "Title/Nickname" attribute( @{character_title} ) on the Details tab that could be utilized as an alternate name. {{character_name=@{character_title}}}&nbsp;&nbsp;
Vince said: Pete said: I noticed a bug where i can't roll on Skills with a Str-modifier. ie Climbing, nothing happens on smashing the button until i change the Ability to something else than Str. I'm not able to reproduce the problem Pete. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp; Maybe it's a combination of several sources. I've tested it with Str 18 + 2 Enhance, Buff: Rage +6 Str, Climb/Swim 5 +4 Item. It also doesn't work with Con_mod. I only can imagine it has something to do with Buffs. Str and Con get increased by them.&nbsp; Ok, tested it again. Try make a buff (don't activate it) with all +2 on Abilities and try make a Skill check.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you using "+2" or "2" in the Buffs Array? &nbsp;On phone traveling... so I can't test right now. &nbsp;Thanks
I knew about the Turn Tracker, but I had been using the standard initiative and attack (by using the repeating_weapon_x method) to try and simplify entry. &nbsp;I guess I could go back to the more verbose method of specifying all of the fields that make up the computed values, but I was really hoping that the standard macro rolls could be set to reference the Nickname by default. &nbsp;I don't want to spend too much time inputting the mooks. &nbsp;Maybe set the Nickname default value to be the character name, but can be changed without affecting the original. &nbsp;I'm working on some stuff for 1st-level characters and want to bring back some of the "newness" of the game - describing the beings they're encountering without saying, "kobold," "goblin," "orc," etc. &nbsp;It works better for the newbs that haven't played and gets some of the "seasoned" players back into the story and out of the book memory.
Vince said: Are you using "+2" or "2" in the Buffs Array? &nbsp;On phone traveling... so I can't test right now. &nbsp;Thanks 2
Vince, could we get a small Buff section for the NPC tab as well? I'm only GMing so this is my main tab. I think 2-3 Buffs should be enough and if you ask me I'd add them in the "Quick Stat" section. Especially for Humanoid enemies pre-scripted actions often include "if XYZ has enough time he/she casts ABC/drinks Potion 123/uses Scroll 456". GMs could put these information into a NPC specific buff section (yes I know I could use the buff section on the core tab, but with the current size of the sheet every tab change you don't have to do, speeds up gameplay) and if XYZ has enough time to prepare for battle the GMs can just toggle the buffs accordingly. Just a thought I had that could help out some other GMs as well. /K
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@K I like the idea. &nbsp;Maybe just a row of buff toggles? &nbsp;Input could still be done via the buff array. &nbsp;The NPC tab is already "bloated". ;-(
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pete said: Vince said: Are you using "+2" or "2" in the Buffs Array? &nbsp;On phone traveling... so I can't test right now. &nbsp;Thanks 2 Can anyone else give this a test/verify?&nbsp; I'll be out of commision other than an occasional post or 10... till tomorrow.
Vince said: Pete said: Vince said: Are you using "+2" or "2" in the Buffs Array? &nbsp;On phone traveling... so I can't test right now. &nbsp;Thanks 2 Can anyone else give this a test/verify?&nbsp; I'll be out of commision other than an occasional post or 10... till tomorrow. I've set it up in the beta game. No response from 'climb' anymore.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
So this is the beta sheet, dev or main server?
The one anyone can join. I just set it up so you can see it yourself.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There's 2 beta campaigns. &nbsp;The old one on the main server and a newer beta on the dev that we've been actively working on, adding sheet workers JavaScript and new repeating section features. &nbsp;The dev beta will be the next version released, just waiting on the Roll20 update. Best to ignore the beta on the main server.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350</a> That's what i'm speaking about. The behaviour is the same on that ^ game/server as on live sheet.

Edited 1449999208
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Pete. &nbsp;I'll have a look when I get home. Update : The culprit on the main server beta stemmed from user input syntax errors in the Buff Array for the STR column. &nbsp;Someone had input " + " in one of the macro text fields. &nbsp;Once I removed the "+", all STR based rolls started working again. I would check all your buffs(even if they aren't toggled as active) and make sure they are free of any errors.&nbsp;
Aye works on the main beta server now! Double checked in the live version. <a href="http://pastebin.com/pzWGQbvS" rel="nofollow">http://pastebin.com/pzWGQbvS</a> line 162&216 Didn't want to annoy you :) I guess it got fixed long ago and still exist in the live version we play with at the moment. So i'm waiting&nbsp;impatiently for the update :-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The dev works differently though ... Someone should test with a + in front and make sure it works. I think it should since it just passes the number to parseInt() in JavaScript, and a proceeding +/- is valid

Edited 1450041167
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No bothers Pete. &nbsp;If the sheet has an issue we need to fix it. &nbsp;Always. &nbsp;:-) There was just a + without a number. Even though the buff isn't toggled, the entire column still gets added together and applied to the appropriate attribute. &nbsp;I believe the + by itself was causing the syntax error on the old disabled system of auto-calculating. &nbsp;Perhaps the new sheet workers will account for such syntax errors and parse. &nbsp;Also, I think there is an issue with doing calulations in the macro-text and the formula ends up getting passed instead of resolving. &nbsp;This also cause a syntax error. &nbsp;I'll have a look at it tonight. &nbsp;Hopefully a quick fix.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes the macro interpreter is not working again, augh! I will look at it this morning since i have some time.

Edited 1450110426
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
fixed, in beta site and committed and sent a pull request.only a few lines are different near bottom, i made a change and failed to test it.&nbsp;

Edited 1450136624
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Chris PR #1198 submitted: &nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... UPDATE: and merged! &nbsp;That's a record. &nbsp;:-)
So... &nbsp; I use the pathfinder sheet for my campaigns . &nbsp;I noticed today that your newest update seems to have made it so the character stats won't be updated with any of the input values for stats ((Such as base stats or enhancement bonuses)) Which is cuasing the sheet to break.

Edited 1450200715
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just checked and the abilities are &nbsp;working. you have to hitting the checkbox at the top right to recalculate all values. This may have to be done for every sheet. we will update it so it does this automatically when first opening the sheet. It should already be happening but maybe it encountered an error on your sheet, or maybe it took too long&nbsp;
Hello everyone - as you know today we pushed some Character Sheet changes to the main site - if you have any issues please head over to this thread and let us know -&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2721982/update-12-slash-15-sheet-workers-better-repeating-section-support-pop-out-chat-and-jukebox-and-more/?pageforid=2722369#post-2722369" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2721982/update-12-slash-15-sheet-workers-better-repeating-section-support-pop-out-chat-and-jukebox-and-more/?pageforid=2722369#post-2722369</a> Thanks!
chris b. said: I just checked and the abilities are &nbsp;working. you have to hitting the checkbox at the top right to recalculate all values. This may have to be done for every sheet. we will update it so it does this automatically when first opening the sheet. It should already be happening but maybe it encountered an error on your sheet, or maybe it took too long&nbsp; I'm keeping a really close eye on pull requests for sheets today, so just push it whenever and I'll make sure it goes live ASAP.
Hitting the checkbox does not seem to work for the players in our campaign. It does work for the core page, but the Defense and Attack tabs still have messy calculations...
After trying to refresh for a while it seems to be working now!

Edited 1450217024
I realized I posted this in the wrong thing so here it is again. On the new sheet it appears Deflect is broken. No matter how many times you increase it, reload it, recalc it, etc it does not change the AC value. Edit: Also Wound Threshold is on at the start even though it says it is off. Edit 2:&nbsp;In another thread it was pointed out that some class skills are not adding. For me, it looks like the ones missing class skills are Acrobatics, Fly, and Stealth.
There also seems to be an issue now where @{PC-whisper} is resolving to 0 instead of (what I assume used to be?) a blank string. So it's putting a "0" in front of all attack command output. Let me know if that's something we broke on our end :-)
On newly created NPCs, the AC calculation seems broken. It doesn't appear to be adding Armor, Shield, or Deflect to the AC in any way. And the Misc field doesn't look to be modifying "Touch" either.

Edited 1450218060
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
just put in pull request to fix:&nbsp; recalc all on sheet open deflect working updating shield and armor now triggers recalc of AC acrobatics, fly, stealth fixed (was some code from alternate branch got in there early, deleted it) cannot replicate: conditions-wounds turned on when creating new char or recalc all on existing char workaround: for the pc whisper, check it and check it off, that should reset it, i think? or else you can put a space in it on the Attributes tab.&nbsp; I'll let Vince look at that , maybe we'll need to change it from a checkbox to a text field. same for gm whisper i suppose.
I forgot to mention another bug: Attacks tab has a floating macro you can't delete.
So I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but for attacks it's not adding in the melee into my attack rolls, it's just a flat roll. No amount of what little technical knowhow seems to be working on it. Is there something I'm just not getting.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dylan i cannot replicate that. can you hit the recalc all button on the upper right of the sheet? it should then fill in everything on the repeating sections and the melee attack. generally on pages 1-4 (core, class, defense, attack) if anything says 0 that should not, changing a related field and changing it back should fix it.