Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Silvyre
Forum Champion
Awesome job, Kryx!
Love the sheet, thank you very much for all your hard work. Is there any way to incorporate dropdown macro for class actions,spells and weapon attack like the ones for ability checks and saves? %{name|save_query_macro} %{name|check_query_macro} Those are wonderful, but would like to see %{name|weapon_query_macro} %{name|spell_query_macro| %{name|classaction_query_macro} Or does this already exist in this simple form and I have completly missed it. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you write it then I will incorporate it. They are incredibly hacky as Roll20 does not allow you to call macros from it. Instead we have to duplicate functionality in an incredibly hacky way.
+1 huge thank you for the redesign. Let us know if you did set up a paypal account to help offset the incredible amount of time you are putting into this. I remember that you were overwhelmed with pro subscriptions when that was mentioned. And I would like to thank any others who are committing code. Always good to recognize everyone. H
Love your sheet!  Was curious if you will be supporting the new 5E SRD?  My PCs would rather keep using this sheet.  In particular, I covet the drag-and-drop monsters for NPCs! I realize this means more work for you if you're supporting it, so understand either way!  Thanks so much for creating such a great sheet.

Edited 1454022481
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Copy pasting what I wrote on the other thread as I'm sure many others will have the same question. the shaped sheet is being redesigned. It will have the drag and drop feature there very soon. It will also be able to convert old characters to the new system (though I'd recommend starting from scratch to prevent lag issues). It will also maintain most features from the shaped sheet which are currently missing on the OGL sheet. Likely to go into a testing phase this weekend.
@Kyrx - Thank you for your continued development effort to support the community.  I agree with HLazar if you have a preferred mechanism to take donations for the work, would love to know about it.  
@Kryx:  I for one love your sheet. It's the only sheet I've ever used and will continue to use. I for one don't mind not having drag and drop but my players will love it.  If you need another game to test your sheet in, let me know, my players are ready and they're already asking if I'm going to be using the new 5e SRD sheet. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the support guys. I will put up some kind of donation thing after I get the test version out this weekend. There is still a fair amount to do, but I'm hoping I can at least finish PCs by the end of the weekend. After it is done I'll have to write some sheet workers to convert all old attributes to new ones before I push it out to replace the old sheet.
@Kryx Maybe not the best place to ask this, but I was considering switching to the new 5e SRD sheet from your sheet. I also haven't updated your sheet in a while. But overall, I love it. Thanks for all the hard work!   My players like shiny and new, unfortunately. So I was curious (As someone who can't code) is there an easy way to do the conversion to the new sheet without having to do it manually? Would I encounter any problems if I just switched sheets?  Thanks!
Kryx said: Thanks for the support guys. I will put up some kind of donation thing after I get the test version out this weekend. There is still a fair amount to do, but I'm hoping I can at least finish PCs by the end of the weekend. After it is done I'll have to write some sheet workers to convert all old attributes to new ones before I push it out to replace the old sheet. Was just going to ask about that donation wise. I love the simplicity and aesthetic of the SRD sheet but it seriously lacks features that the shaped sheet shines with. Look forward  to seeing what comes next from your quarter.
@John There is no "easy" way to convert from the shaped to SRD. You can just switch sheet, and some  things may stay the same (like core attributes), but you will have to redo almost everything and you will have a lot of unused data (from the shaped sheet), so it's better to do totally new sheets. Btw, Kryx is also working on a shiny and new shaped, so if your players can wait a little bit, maybe you'll have no work to do at all ;)
I second what Alzam said. I did a convert on a copy of my campaign to see what it all looks like and some stuff converted but all inventory, spells, weapons and class stuff was lost. So yeah, best to start over. The upside is there is capability to drag from the compendium (except weapons for some reason) so it wouldn't take as long as typing it all in manually. And I'm keeping faith in Kryx as his sheet is not only more feature packed but is logically organized with some human factors engineering built in. 
If I were to point something out, the query for whether or not the roll has advantage, and not rolling damage instantly, but only after it's clicked in chat is what the SRD sheet has in it's favor

Edited 1454053543
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Przemyslaw, the query for advantage is nice. It will be done. Though  I'm not quite sure on having to click to see the damage. It would seem to slow down play. It would also have to be applied to everything (spell effects as well). I'm curious to hear other opinions.
I like your sheet and have been using it in two campaigns for over 6 months.  I want the damaged rolled with the attacks or spell casting.  If drag and drop works, that will be great new addition to sheet.  Hope in reworking my PC spellcaster's sheets load faster. I tried OGL (started fresh new campaign) for a test and every character I tried to produce caused the sheet not to function.  I find the Kryx 5e shaped sheet far superior to the new 5e OGL. 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's great to hear that you are planning to integrate the SRD drag'n'drop functionality into your sheet, Kryx. While this is a nice new feature on the OGL sheet, I much prefer the shaped sheet due to its advanced functionality, and having more space for the essentials. It just seems to be better organized under the hood. And the importer script (generating token actions is a big plus here, as is setting token attributes - the OGL sheet doesn't do either of that). ... although I agree that it could need a redesign to reduce clutter, on the 'Core' page in particular. I don't see the advantage of clicking to see damage. It can serve to prevent metagaming for things like bardic inspiration, applied after the to hit roll but before damage. But it would mostly slow down things in my group. If integrated, it should be optional.

Edited 1454062023
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to see how the redesign is coming along feel free to join the test campaign that I've setup: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1206379/qP-T_Q</a> I've&nbsp;created a bunch of characters so feel free to rename one and play it with. You'll also see me working on the sheet at the same time. Live coding! Feel free to provide feedback. Items that still need to be worked on: Spells will now be in one repeating section. I will have buttons that let you sort by level. They will show below attacks on the core page and act very similarly to attacks (but with extra options for spells). They will also still show on the spells page for full filtering. Roll template work. A fair amount is done here, but I'll need to cleanup some things and set it up to work with the advantage/disadvantage query when that is done Resources NPC Skill attribute query (will be on settings page - you can use it to prompt you each time you click a skill for which attribute to use) advantage/disadvantage query Ability to auto roll damage or not. Write conversion script (Though everyone should start over with new sheets if they are experiencing any lag) Ensure tie-ons are working (formerly class actions) fix global bonuses fix import scripts Items that my sheet has over the OGL sheet: Translations built in Weight for all items (equipment, armor, weapon, coins). Carry capacity, encumbered, etc. Spell Filtering Halfling tie-ons (formerly class actions) Appearance Blindsight/darkvision/tremorsense/truesight for PCs Burrow/Climb/Fly/Swim for PCs Ability to whisper death saves to GM Ability to whisper initiative to GM (nice for GMs to hide when enemies join combat) Ability to break initiative ties by the highest modifier Showing character names on roll&nbsp;templates Showing target name/ac on roll templates Skill flat bonuses Ability flat bonuses Ability to change conversion rate of coinage Ability to hide some NPC attack info from PCs Global bonuses On the topic of rolling damage auto or not I can actually make it an option. I will default to auto rolling damage, but allow it to be turned off.
Oh great!! If you are still at this in 3 hours ish time ill def give it a look :)
Kryx, thanks for your fast response and all your great work!&nbsp; Thrilled to hear you are updating; we will stick it out!
Looking great so far! Things that I love: Equipment tab is awesome, really nice layout, great information displayed. Simple rework of the skills check boxes, simple thing, but nice presentation. Roll tool-tips for skill checks, providing tags for the bonuses is so helpful! New weapon section is very versatile, eliminates the need to use class actions for many things (spells like hex, sneak attack, etc...) Possible Improvements: Rename "Class" tab to possibly "Character" (or whatever else makes sense), take the Appearance, Vision, and Movement sections from the Configuration tab and move them to the top of the new "Character" tab. &nbsp;Keep the class levels on the "Character Tab". Not sure that I personally find the proficiencies and languages useful on the "Core" tab, maybe it is better being moved to the proposed "Character Tab"? While the custom skills slider is nice looking, maybe it would be better as a simple toggle. &nbsp;This may allow you room to put the Jack of all Trades toggle inside the skills box where it makes more sense? Setting classes does add appropriate HD to the Core tab's Hit Dice box, however removing classes does not remove these. &nbsp;So once they are there, it seems there is no way to remove them. Would it be possible to add a total weight to the Inventory section of the Core tab? &nbsp;It would be even more awesome if you could change the color of the text or the background to red if they are encumbered. In the Inventory section of the Core tab, would it be possible to "click" on the item and have it output the item and description to chat (via roll template)? &nbsp;This would allow you to add say healing potions to inventory, then include the roll in the description and have it output this information. In several places there are no "arrows" for the clickers of the world (Core: Spell Slots, Hit Dice, Coins; Spells: &nbsp;Spell Slots; Equipment: Individual armor bonus; Config: Ability bonuses, Skill bonuses) I would love to see all roll tool tips show the tags if possible, super helpful if there is a need to troubleshoot a roll. I know that much of this is a WIP so if it is still things being worked on, then feel free to ignore anything above.

Edited 1454086821
Feature Requests: * Behind-The-Scenes Roll Options :&nbsp; Halfling Luck,&nbsp; Elemental Adept, etc Example: Halfling Luck rerolls the first 1 in pretty much and D20 roll. Elemental Adept turns any 1s into 2s.&nbsp; This is hard to impliment in the core Macro engine, but javascript can handle them easily. * Hover text to display attribute references Example: (mouse-over the STR mod on the sheet and hovertext displays&nbsp; "strenghth_mod" attribute.&nbsp; Very useful to folks who prefer to create their own macros but reference the sheet's values. * Calculation Descriptors: A Con check result mouses over as "Rolling d20 + 2 + 0 + 0 + (0)". Request: Can inline roll descriptions be inserted to explain where those values are from/ ex: Rolling d20 + 2[ConMod] + 0[Something] + 0[Something] + (0)[Something].&nbsp; This makes it a LOT easier to troubleshoot what might be miss-entered or incorrect in a given roll, as well as illustrating to newer players how those rolls are actually calculated in the game. Observation: On beta campaign linked above, I noticed the Attack section still rolls things even after you've removed them. Replication: Add a Saving Throw or Extras info to a weapon attack. Uncheck it or even remove the content; and still includes it when you roll.
The sheet is pretty nice however, I seem to be running into an issue with how the shocking grasp spell works it rolls the 2D20 for the advantage dice which is great but for some reason I cannot seem to get the damage roll of 1D8 to show, also the spell Fire Bolt was not in the compendium when I tried to look it up.The new character sheet is pretty snazzy!!
Okay, after building my level 1 paladin... I have only a few gripes about the sheet as it stands. Currently, its a work-in-progress but none-the-less it is beautiful. If we ignore that some sections are still in the works such as spells etc... The Resources tab on the core page could use the "Long rest/short rest" more aligned or in a smaller font. Death saves tracked on the template output to show everyone the suspense of how well a PC is doing. Would be a nice addition but not needed. Weapons as repeating fields means they cannot be linked as ability buttons? I worry if you try to repeat this for NPCs it might make a DMs life a bit more complicated given I personally try to keep the sheets littering my view to a minimum.&nbsp; Resources have no information that can be inputted about them? Abilities such as turn undead and divine source require macros or at least a way to input and output a formula. I have been informed that tie-ons will effectively be like the Class Actions of the current 5E shaped. It would be nice to see resource tracking for these abilities to be displayed on the core page, perhaps as well as a rollable/clickable button.&nbsp; Display options for new players would be a boon but I dont stress this being as high priority. Finally my main gripe is with level tracking. It would be nice to be able to have a way to track feats, abilities taken etc etc. A tab devoted to level progression so its easier to follow what a PC has picked and where in-case any info needs to be looked into. Similar to your two info tabs you had under Class in 5E shaped.&nbsp; Okay, I hope this helps Kryx.
Looks really really (really) good so far :) I agree with a lot of things that Kevin & Mark said (except for the custom skill slider, you can't remove it, it's sooooo cool :D ). In addition, it would be cool if you could : Add some kind of display so we can see where the text zones are. Doesn't matter if it's colored, or a tiny line,... It looks really good once the infos are in the fields, but it's a little strange when you add info in. I think the best exemple of this is the "other" field in the weight table : I'm not sure everybody will notice that you can change that. Maybe displaying something only if the field is empty/set to a certain value (like 0 for "other weight") is enough ? Remove/make harder to roll when clicking on text. That's great for skill, but if my GM is updating the AC field of a monster, miss-click on the text and roll the AC for everyone to see it, he is gonna be very upset. I don't want my GM to be very upset, please . I don't think you even need to have a option to roll things like AC, HP, speed,..., but giving the option is certainly not bad. Anyway, it would be good to add a "safety" so you don't miss-click and display info you don't want to display (Query ? Auto roll to GM only ? For the bugs : Could not replicate the PB bug after your last fix. I think it was caused by not auto updating PB when you add levels, and then when you click to edit a weapon, there was a miss calculation. My armored AC is better than the unarmored one, but the sheet is still using the unarmored AC as the "real" AC. Kevin said: Setting classes does add appropriate HD to the Core tab's Hit Dice box, however removing classes does not remove these. So once they are there, it seems there is no way to remove them. Hit dices are removed after you remove a class, but only if you close and re-open the sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback, guys! Firstly keep in mind that this is indeed a work in progress. So all the items I mentioned above are still being worked on and should not be considered complete. Here is the list again:&nbsp; Kryx said: Items that still need to be worked on: Spells will now be in one repeating section. I will have buttons that let you sort by level. They will show below attacks on the core page and act very similarly to attacks (but with extra options for spells). They will also still show on the spells page for full filtering. Roll template work. A fair amount is done here, but I'll need to cleanup some things and set it up to work with the advantage/disadvantage query when that is done Resources NPC Skill attribute query (will be on settings page - you can use it to prompt you each time you click a skill for which attribute to use) advantage/disadvantage query Ability to auto roll damage or not. Write conversion script (Though everyone should start over with new sheets if they are experiencing any lag) Ensure tie-ons are working (formerly class actions) fix global bonuses fix import scripts So that takes care of the feedback on spells and resources. @Kevin: Renaming Class to Character is a great idea. I will keep the current class stuff there and move Appearance, Vision, and Movement there. Proficiencies and languages are shown on the core page to match the paper sheet (as is much of the rest of the core page).&nbsp; Paper sheet for reference. Toggles take up just as much room as a slider. Though it sounds like I'm missing your meaning here. Regarding Jack of All Trades: That is purposefully not with skills as it applies to all ability checks which is initiative, strength, dex, con, skills, etc. I will either keep these kind of things where jack of all trades is now (features and traits) or put it on the new character tab HD based on classes: I'll ensure this gets removed when it is reduced Total Weight: I'll try to add it to the core page though we'll see if I can put it in without it making it cluttered. Colors for overweight is likely not possible. I can write it down as a nice to have and investigate further. Armor will be added to the equipment box on the core page. Clicking inventory items: Hmmm this is a bit funky. Basically click areas have to not be editable. I can add it to the nice to have, but it may not be possible. "Arrows" - I have no idea what you mean by arrows. Please explain Roll template showing notes - I will definitely add this @Mark G: Halfling does exist as it always has for the Shaped sheet. Elemental adept on the other had is incredibly more complicated. I'll add it to the nice to have. Also as far as I know Javascript cannot inject itself in the button -&gt; output flow so it cannot adjust anything there. Let me know if that is not the case Hover text: I'll add it to the nice to have. Truthfully folks making their own macros should get used to using something like chrome dev tools to see attribute names. If there is more demand I'll do it sooner. If not then I'll delay it. Calculation descriptions: Will add. Attack unchecking: This is true for extras, but not saving throws as far as I can reproduce. Extras was really just meant as a toggle to hide that stuff, but I can see how that can be confusing next to the other bits. Emote can definitely be limited by the extras toggle, but freeform is more difficult. @Chris: As mentioned above spells are not complete at all. They will work in the future. :) @Saevar: Resources are a work in progress. They are meant to be for simple things like action surge, lay on hands, etc. I will see where it best fits on the core page when I think through what fits in this category. There should probably be an open text area in this area for things such as turn undead, ya. Death saves: I will see if I can output the total successes and failures Repeating fields can now be referenced elsewhere. It was a recent update from roll20 so this isn't a concern. Tie ons are the resource-less version of class actions so they should only be used to tie it on to another roll, not rolled directly. Things like hex or fighter maneuvers will fall under attacks Display options? Please explain Feat tracking is largely intended to be added to the "Features and Traits" section. I'm not sure that more needs to be done here. Some games play with feats, some games play with feats at different levels, etc. I could add a repeating section for feats, but a freeform section like "Features & Traits" seems to fit the bill imo. Thanks again for the feedback guys. I'll be working on it all weekend with hopefully a more complete product by Sunday. :)

Edited 1454092007
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Alzam:&nbsp; Making editable inputs more&nbsp;noticeable: Will do. Not sure how yet. Making it harder to click: NPCs will have their own sheet (laid out like monsters) so the example hopefully won't happen. It is technically not feasible to make it harder for some people and easier for others so I think users will just have to get used to it. Fixing #1 will likely resolve this. A key thing to note is the cursor changes to a hand when hovering a button PB issue: I hope it's gone. I fixed some stuff in attacks to ensure that pb was an integer whereas previously javascript was concatenating it (as a string) to other integers which turned the whole thing into a string. Hopefully it's gone. AC: The sheet should always choose the highest of armored or unarmored. I'll take a look and see if I can debug this. Hit dice being removed: Ah, right. I remember this being an issue when I did it. I do the same with sorc/warlock areas on the spells page and I don't think we need to refresh there so I'll take another look at HD. Also, dices with death predates me. I'll remove it. :P Death saves were already that color
Hey @Alzam and @Doug E. , Thanks for the responses. I'm going to stick with @Kryx! Especially after all the work he's doing. Please let me know if I can throw a contribution your way somehow.&nbsp; Maybe one of you coder types can help me out.&nbsp; I haven't updated the shaped sheet since I first started using it about a year ago. Should I be? If so how and will it effect my current data? I am only .1% coder. Which means I can format excel formulas. =) So please be gentle.
That's strange, because the sheet should update automatically. Did you select it in the character sheet template menu, or did you manually enter the css and html files ? Are you sure you are using the D&D5 shaped &nbsp; sheet and not the normal one ? Because there were definitely some changes since 1 year, and you should have seen them.
I had a quick boo at the sheet in progress (and thanks Kryx for enabling that). I'm a bit disappointed at the inclusion of the background stuff on the core page as I'm thinking that should be in a section more suited to the RP than mechanics. I'm looking at the Core page from a Human Factors, or more specifically, Cognitive Ergonomic (CE), standpoint. With CE factored in, the sheet should have logically grouped information to be intuitive and easily found. An interface that needs to be interactive needs to stand out (a coloured button or text or even input field that is different from background text). The cursor change is also good. With all that in mind, I would like to see a core page that is the interface for all the mechanics (attacks - including spell attacks, saving throws, ability checks, class actions, tracking resources, HP, conditions and any other temporary effects on the character or NPC). Having said all that, however, if it is too much trouble for Kryx to incorporate or if the community likes the sheet the way it is then so be it! ;) My list of 'nice to haves'; Conditions tracker (preferably picklist). This idea came from the Fantasy Grounds sheet that not only has the ability to track conditions but also to automatically alter rolls made by the char (if they are disadvantage, for example). I don't feel we need this function per se, as we can have the two rolls automatically output, but what I'm getting at is to have the condition on the roll template, or the disadvantage reminder on the roll template. A short rest button that resets resources gained by short rest. Same for long rest. A note on Death Saves, players should never see another players' death saves IMHO, it allows metagaming. But for the DM to see the progression would be awesome! Overall, excellent job, Kryx. Looking forward to the new and shiny sheet!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@John: 1 year!? ha, crazy. Likely a lot has changed. I'd wait until this version is released, but if you haven't updated in a year then it might not all port over (though I recommend starting from scratch anyways). @Doug Thanks for the feedback, Doug. Regarding what goes on the core page: My goal is to match the&nbsp; Paper sheet as much as possible. Familiarity is rather important for users. Regarding background specifically I do agree with the poster in the Pro forums that says that 5e focused on the background info so he thinks it's good to have it so high up. Hopefully my players will pay more attention to it now. :P Unfortunately roll20 isn't really setup to handle multiple views of the same thing. There may be some possibility to hide background, but that would offset the sheet. We can relook at this after this version is released for a bit (when I'm not under as much pressure) if you remind me. Condition tracker: Definitely something I've wanted all along. It's an incredible amount of work and technically challenging within roll20. I will keep it on my long term TODO. Short/Long rest buttons would be amazing. Though it'll be next to condition tracker. It would require everything be calculated by the sheet (spell slots being the biggest). The problem there is it heavily limits houserules (which are vital to the game imo). If I can implement it while allowing for houserules then I'll give it a go eventually. Death saves: Agreed. There has been an option to whisper all death saves to the GM on the settings page for a long time. :) Thanks again for the feedback!
I had mentioned a desire for dropdown menus for spells/class abilities/weapons like how we currently have for ability checks and saves this past week, just wondering with all these other massive changes if that is something that could happen easier now?&nbsp;

Edited 1454131054
Hello, Kryx. First of all, thank you for all your work and dedication. It must take a lot of time but i'm sure the new sheet it's gonna be awesome. I've been playin around with the reshaped alpha/beta version and so far this are my two cents (this things may already be on your TODO but I'd rather let you know, just in case) The "formatting" when I put it on pop-up. It looks like some little part of the sheet is missing. Here's a comparsion:&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/3EEB7xj" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/3EEB7xj</a> (in front is the reshaped. You can see some little part of the sheet missing) Clickable arrows for increasing and decreasing current spell slots on the core page. Clickable arrows for current HP in the core page would be a sweet add, maybe. A big character bio field on the Character Page. I've used my background field in the shaped version for this and now it's a line, so, it would be nice to have that space back in other place in the sheet. Hit Dice. The shaped version was perfect :D Spells (I know that here is very WIP, but i'm mentioning the stuff):&nbsp; Spell level filter. This is an awesome feature from the shaped ver that i would like to see here. Auto save DC calculation. All the tooglables buttons in a spell, I mean "materials, Higher lv, Higher lv Query", or maybe a way all this writable fields look less odd. Class Actions I noticed that they weren't there. Dunno if it's just not coded yet. I play a bard, so it's nice to have this for stuff like Song of Rest and Bardic Inspiration. Actions that are not linked to a skill, dice, or whatever, but that they have their description box and their "use" button for chat display. I think that might be all that i've noticed. Sorry if its too obvious feedback, or if it's already on your TODO list and I just didn't read it. Also, english it's not my native language. Keep it awesome, man! Thank you very much.

Edited 1454146865
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John R. said: I had mentioned a desire for dropdown menus for spells/class abilities/weapons like how we currently have for ability checks and saves this past week, just wondering with all these other massive changes if that is something that could happen easier now?&nbsp; Query macros suck just as much then as they are now. They are a pain. @Cristobal: Can't use my negative margins, damn. Will remove them Ah, number input incrementors and decrementors. Maybe that is what Mark G was talking about above. I often hide these as they make the inputs wider and offset the number from center. I've added them to spell slots current, but they make the alignment for the heart awful so I'll keep them off that. You can always use keyboard arrows as well. same as above I can add a freeform field on the new character tab This new version is nearly the same, but without buttons (like the rest of the sheet buttons were removed). Please let me know what you specifically mean here. Spells Spell level filter is definitely on the list Auto save will work the same as attacks Toggleables will be determined by what is put into the text fields. I will parse it via JS and put hidden inputs on the spell. For example if Components contains "V" then it will be marked as a verbal spell. Class actions of old were a combination of many things. They now exist in tie ons (used only for tying it on to another roll, never rolled directly.) or as resources (meant to be tracked and rolled directly). So song of rest and Bardic Inspiration belong in the new resources. Other things like fighter manuevers would fit best in the new attacks. Thanks again for the feedback.
This is in part of anyone, specifically Silvre (and Perhaps Kryx ) I was looking at your solution for the Mystic's Etheral&nbsp;Weapon and was wondering if there was a solution similar to that for characters who use Hex, Hunter's Mark, Sneak, Goliath's ability, Maneuver/Superiority Dice or the like, something that would prompt upon using melee attack for such if you were dealing the additional damage and notify the output.&nbsp; (I'm sure most of us just put the additional attacks as different weapons on their character sheets, but Silvre's post has me wondering about more elegant solutions)

Edited 1454156326
Kryx said: "Class actions" are a huge pain that I rarely see used and cause problems when switching to repeating sections. I'll likely delay them and see the desire for them. Either that or the revamp has to wait much longer. We use class action extensively, and any sort of Homebrew seems to occur there, or get's put in a "Cantrip" (or the like) that has that feature. ( I am sorry they are pain, but their inclusion has been of great value for our gaming on Roll20.)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Modnar Wylde said: We use class action extensively, and any sort of Homebrew seems to occur there, or get's put in a "Cantrip" (or the like) that has that feature. The stuff you use them for is likely covered in either the tie ons, the resources section, or attacks. Let me know if otherwise. Any kind of query for doing that is beyond the current scope (could potentially be revisited in the future, but the goal is to get the core features out right now).
Just wanted to mention that now Herolab has the ability to output characters for 5e in standard statblock format it would be fantastic for the standard import script.

Edited 1454161150
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If there is a fairly decent demand then it could be done. Any further demand/discussion on it should happen in the Script Thread . :)

Edited 1454174586
Kryx said: Modnar Wylde said: We use class action extensively, and any sort of Homebrew seems to occur there, or get's put in a "Cantrip" (or the like) that has that feature. The stuff you use them for is likely covered in either the tie ons, the resources section, or attacks. Let me know if otherwise. Any kind of query for doing that is beyond the current scope (could potentially be revisited in the future, but the goal is to get the core features out right now). Indeed, we can use the Cantrips for many such things - (as we were doing with Ethereal Weapon since it had attack values and a save (which Weapon didn't allow for directly))&nbsp; The comment was to let you know it is/was being used - and under what conditions (so you knew it wasn't a wasted past effort)&nbsp; I'm happy with whatever, but knowing that is being removed allows me to better prepare/backup and warn the other players/DMs. Thanks for doing this for the community.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It isn't being removed, just reorganized. You'll still be able to do everything you did before, just in a different way. Plus it'll help on lag. New resources have 6 fields. Old class actions had ~35. Cutting down on attributes helps with lag. :)
@Kryx: I was in your reshaped game last night taking a look at all your hard work. Nicely done. Quick question, will the blocks for notes be added back in at some point?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Kaelev, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like it! What do you mean "notes"? What would it be used for? If you give me some details I can better understand the use case.

Edited 1454171078
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update on the feedback provided so far (please remind me if I missed anything): I've split features into categories. I expect to be able to have a Pro release at least within a week (likely sooner) with the Pro (NPC) release to shortly follow with the Public release to follow probably a week later due to the conversion issues (though again I'd suggest starting from scratch). Implemented: Renamed Class page to Character. Move Appearance, Vision, and Movement there. Death saves output the total successes and failures fixed hd showing when decrementing class levels ac calc fixed Uncheck extras = do not output emote or freeform Added armor to the core page Spells still in progress (lots to do here) clickable background, traits, and damage vulnerabilities, languages, proficiencies Roll templates showing [dex], etc Editable fields more recognizable Resources has freetext and freeform (freetext outputs, freeform is for outputting variables). Still some work to do here if adding damage/heal is a good idea Roll template colors and borders (still probably some work to do here, please provide suggestions if you think it should be improved) fixed global bonuses. Meaning melee and ranged global bonuses work based on what type of weapon it is (melee or ranged) - Thrown is still in a weird limbo. Maybe that should query each time? I’m open for input, though may delay thrown if it is complicated as people can always create multiple weapons (one melee, one ranged). Halfling luck moved to “character” tab and is now a toggle. Jack of all trades move to “character” tab. Decent amount of spell progress Pro Release: Spells will now be in one repeating section. I will have buttons that let you sort by level. They will show below attacks on the core page and act very similarly to attacks (but with extra options for spells). They will also still show on the spells page for full filtering. advantage/disadvantage query Skill attribute query (will be on settings page - you can use it to prompt you each time you click a skill for which attribute to use) Ensure tie-ons are working (formerly class actions) Add damage/heal to resources Pro Release (NPC): NPC Before Public Launch: Write conversion script (Though everyone should start over with new sheets if they are experiencing any lag) fix import scripts Nice to have: Ability to auto roll damage or not. Inventory items clickable (health pots) Elemental Adept title attributes for inputs (probably won’t do unless there is a high demand) Won’t do (comment if you’d like me to reconsider): Add total weight to core page. The core page is meant for a quick glance. Adding weight clutters it up. Armor is there so you can readily switch and Equipment is there so you can adjust qty. I think adding weight is too much for that box. Off to eat for a bit before I starve..
@Kryx: On the current shaped sheet under the Background tab you have places to enter notes about features, traits and even miscellaneous notes. Something like that would be nice to have to keep track of those class features or racial traits that aren't really used too often and don't warrant being added to a class type action.&nbsp; In regards to weight on the core page, yeah I agree. It's not needed there. It's more of a fluff item in my game. Yeah, they can't carry a ship on their back, but going over a few pounds in items isn't gonna break the game, so I don't even use encumbrance.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: @Kryx: On the current shaped sheet under the Background tab you have places to enter notes about features, traits and even miscellaneous notes. Something like that would be nice to have to keep track of those class features or racial traits that aren't really used too often and don't warrant being added to a class type action.&nbsp; Features and traits is for those class features and racial traits. I did get rid of misc notes, but I'm not sure what would go in there that wouldn't go in the other areas.
*drools at each update in eager anticipation.*

Edited 1454176006
Kryx said: Kaelev said: @Kryx: On the current shaped sheet under the Background tab you have places to enter notes about features, traits and even miscellaneous notes. Something like that would be nice to have to keep track of those class features or racial traits that aren't really used too often and don't warrant being added to a class type action.&nbsp; Features and traits is for those class features and racial traits. I did get rid of misc notes, but I'm not sure what would go in there that wouldn't go in the other areas. Some of my players are using it to keep track of campaign events that have affected their character in certain ways. Others use it to take note of their max HP when they use a home brew class feature like Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter that reduces the max HP while using Crimson Rite. It's like a note pad for them. They can add notes to keep track of that isn't tied to anything in particular.&nbsp;

Edited 1454182418
Kaelev said: @Kryx: I was in your reshaped game last night taking a look at all your hard work. Nicely done. Quick question, will the blocks for notes be added back in at some point? Curious why you wouldn't use the Bio and Information Tab of the Character journal for notes?
Kryx said: Condition tracker: Definitely something I've wanted all along. It's an incredible amount of work and technically challenging within roll20. I will keep it on my long term TODO. As step towards this, I agree with @Doug E in that we don't need anything to result from a condition tracker, only to have it output as a section in the templates. I know that there are token icons for this sort of thing but you are looking at the roll when it happens, not your token. It would be nice if it was just a simple check list of standard 5e conditions (charmed, poisoned, restrained, etc) and maybe the ability for a few custom ones like Bless or temporary Darkvision, etc. As always, all your work is appreciated immensely. H