Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Compendium

Score + 1448
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1 for what it's worth....
+1 need this asap
+1
Domigorgon
Plus
Marketplace Creator
7 years of researching. Welp, at this rate, they'll run into a cure for cancer along the way before they allow compendium customization...
+1 to this option.  Need to make it happen for the charactermancer to be usable for most players.
Kadus
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
+1 I would love to enter my own Homebrew weapons and classes to integrate with the very useful charactermancer. IMO the Charactermancer(and by extent the Compendium) is THE killer app on Roll20 and one of the few things it is much better at than other peers in the space. So anything to make it better should be priority IMO
+1

Edited 1694751825
Ian
Pro
I believe I have commented before, but I'll throw another +1 onto the idea. I use a lot of homebrew content and would love to be able to create a compendium of my custom monsters, spells, and so on. While there are workarounds for making a library of custom monsters, trying to give players access to custom spells is a major pain. They need to be manually written out every single time. Same goes for custom subclasses and so on.
+1  I have a question also. When you purchase 3rd party content from DMsGuild (or equivalent) that is for roll 20 specifically does that content get added to the compendium? Follow on question. If that is true do we all just need to start building our homebrew in DMsGuild (or equivalent) for Roll 20 then?
+1 Would love to create custom entries into my own compendium to quick share with players.
+1 This would be so great and an easier way for players to add homebrew to their character sheet. Was hoping by now this would be at hing but it seems as though this is 7+ years in the making. 
+ Custom Compendium Tool!
+1, but after 7 years I'm not sure it matters haha.
This is an important thing.  I am pulling together a group now for a series of campaigns and the lack of a share compendium of our homebrew / hand imported third party material is making it hard to recommend going with Roll20.  I understand that Roll20 is 1) afraid of creating a sort of pirate sharing space of official material that is shared without permisions and 2) secretly afraid of losing sales of material that is available on Roll20 that people own in another form, and would copy in by hand to keep around.  Despite these fears, this type of feature is absolutely essential for anyone thinking of building a series of campaigns here.  We know the tech is there for compediums, just sort out the permissions please.  Otherwise, people either have to use one of the third party importers into Roll20 (lame, probably against the Terms of Service, and not what Roll20 should want). or leave the platform (also not what Roll20 wants).  You clearly have the tech to allow this feature, and just need to change the permissions around it.  I can already create a compendium if my goal is to sell it as a module on Roll20, so you just need to make it possible to create one to use yourself.
This must happen soon or roll 20 is going to fall behind even more with the new VTTs coming out. This is the #1 must have feature to keep small publishers making content for roll20 and let GMs save and share their creations. Roll20 will die without this feature.
+1 indeed
Definitely +1
+1 
+1
+1
+1 don't be greedy, be realistic, D&D Beyond is bringing in a map feature. Stay on top of the game and open up the compendium so people have no more need for D&D Beyond and get an advantage 
+1
+1 for custom compendium!
+1, I would love to see even a basic items-only implementation of this in the software. please and thank you.
+1 for custom compendiums.
+1 for custom compendium, but I assume that because this thread is seven years old, it only exists to point complainers somewhere other than official channels, and that it's never going to actually materialize.
I have quite a list of homebrew for my setting and something like this could really help my players instead of linking them to a wiki
+1
+1 
+1 on this
17 pages, 1K+ votes, over 7 years... First question: Seriously?!? o.O Second question: Please? -.-
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1 on this, needing it for years :')
+1
+1 Currently when I do the character mancer,  for leveling up PC's, I get options that make no sense as it pulls from compendiums I wish it didn't (example, DnD campaign, DnD character sheets, but getting mechanic, engineer, technologist, etc).  Options that clearly are not fantasy oriented.
+1  Now that you're making faster progress, I'd love the ability to leverage my homebrew as a compendium.
+1 this would be so great
+1 for sure
+1
+1
+1 how long is this gotta go on?
+1
+1
+1