Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] 5e Shaped Support Script

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: I commonly see red used for health status (the old 4e bloodied), but that may not be common amongst others. If it is then we should consider a different default color. Otherwise people like me who use it can change the default colors. Yep, me too.
Kryx said: I commonly see red used for health status (the old 4e bloodied), but that may not be common amongst others. If it is then we should consider a different default color. Otherwise people like me who use it can change the default colors. I do the same. Red, orange and green are what I use. I like the option of configuring it with the different shapes. I have mine currently set to the two flag shapes for adv/disadv and nothing if rolling normally. 
Kryx said: I commonly see red used for health status (the old 4e bloodied), but that may not be common amongst others. If it is then we should consider a different default color. Otherwise people like me who use it can change the default colors. I personally use a simple health tracking script that tints the token, so I don't use status markers to indicate relative health of the monster, which is why I defaulted to red/green.  I guess this shows how different a similar game can be and how well overall Roll20 has made the tool to cover so many different options.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should definitely be configurable, I'm just suggesting a different default than red as it can commonly used by other scripts.

Edited 1460063777
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey All, Was wondering if people might be willing to contribute to this:&nbsp; <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NKOOdJ-jaM" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NKOOdJ-jaM</a>... Ideally, to avoid conflicts, pick a set of rows and paste your Roll20 username into the "Being Edited By" column . Not necessary - google sheets updates live so it's obvious who's editing what. &nbsp;I hope the options are fairly self-explanatory. Obviously leave a row blank if it's not one that needs FX. PM me with any queries. Cheers, Lucian
Kryx said: It should definitely be configurable, I'm just suggesting a different default than red as it can commonly used by other scripts. My plan of implementing the red/green was because of the original implementation. I did plan on making the choices configurable, just like in the original as well. I understand your concerns, but in the same vein, one could make a case for and against almost any other status effect marker being used for such and such. The benefit of the red/green in my opinion is for the new users. red = bad, green = good. For anyone using the script for the first time, a flag and a ghost (for extreme example) would be rather confusing. I am however not set on anything. If someone can let me know a good combo of markers for the default we can go with that.
@Lucian: Are we concerned with the actual size of the spell FX, such as fireball, 30ft radius or just for pure visuals?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kaelev said: @Lucian: Are we concerned with the actual size of the spell FX, such as fireball, 30ft radius or just for pure visuals? At the moment, we are limited in what we can achieve, since: AFAICT we can only launch the built-in set of FX from the API, not custom ones Even if we could launch custom FX, there's no way to *create* custom FX from the API, so the user would have to do it manually in the UI FX as they stand aren't really useful for drawing out specific areas, since the only control you have over the size is the speed of particle emission and the lifetime of the particles - so by definition, for bigger FX, they either have to grow very slowly or dissipate very quickly... All of which is a long way of saying: pure visuals is all we're going to be able to achieve for the moment. I have been giving some thought to some more "crunchy" features for handling things like AOE and I would probably do it slightly differently - &nbsp;I might allow people to register template visuals for types of AOE that the script then deploys after casting. I'll have to chat to Kryx about whether he's interested in including support for this in the sheet or whether this is something that should be handled entirely via the script/API commands/Chat window UI
@Lucian: Awesome. &nbsp;Makes sense and I sorta figured all that, but was a shot in the dark. I'm trying to remember. &nbsp;Anyone know what script used !npcstats to whisper the GM the stats? And will that be something added to this script?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kaelev said: I'm trying to remember. &nbsp;Anyone know what script used !npcstats to whisper the GM the stats? And will that be something added to this script? Hmm. That's an interesting idea. How about I add a !shaped-show-stats command: Always displays name, type, size, alignment, challenge Takes a series of switches that determine which parts of the statblock to display: --hp --ac, --stats, --skills (displays the same as the skills chat window ability), --saves (same for saves), --actions/traits/actions/lairs/legendaries (each displays a list of clickable attack/trait/action names) --senses, --vulnsImms (vulnerabilities and immunities) --languages, --spells (clickable spellbook + slot list) You can define a macro that has all the switches you want by default for easy access. Thoughts?
Lucian said: Kaelev said: I'm trying to remember. &nbsp;Anyone know what script used !npcstats to whisper the GM the stats? And will that be something added to this script? Hmm. That's an interesting idea. How about I add a !shaped-show-stats command: Always displays name, type, size, alignment, challenge Takes a series of switches that determine which parts of the statblock to display: --hp --ac, --stats, --skills (displays the same as the skills chat window ability), --saves (same for saves), --actions/traits/actions/lairs/legendaries (each displays a list of clickable attack/trait/action names) --senses, --vulnsImms (vulnerabilities and immunities) --languages, --spells (clickable spellbook + slot list) You can define a macro that has all the switches you want by default for easy access. Thoughts? I have written something along these lines, although without the option to select which parts. &nbsp;Id be happy to share it.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ken M. said: Lucian said: Kaelev said: I'm trying to remember. &nbsp;Anyone know what script used !npcstats to whisper the GM the stats? And will that be something added to this script? Hmm. That's an interesting idea. How about I add a !shaped-show-stats command: Always displays name, type, size, alignment, challenge Takes a series of switches that determine which parts of the statblock to display: --hp --ac, --stats, --skills (displays the same as the skills chat window ability), --saves (same for saves), --actions/traits/actions/lairs/legendaries (each displays a list of clickable attack/trait/action names) --senses, --vulnsImms (vulnerabilities and immunities) --languages, --spells (clickable spellbook + slot list) You can define a macro that has all the switches you want by default for easy access. Thoughts? I have written something along these lines, although without the option to select which parts. &nbsp;Id be happy to share it. Cool, do you have a gist or something?&nbsp;
Here are a couple of the repeating sections, &nbsp;Attributes like abilities and such just use getAttrByName&nbsp; var skillsToChat; var nameRegex = /repeating_skill_[^_]+_name/; var skillsAttr = filterObjs(function(o) { return o.get('type')==='attribute' && o.get('characterid') === character.id && o.get('name').match(nameRegex) ; }); log(skillsAttr) skillsToChat = "{{Skills=" _.each(skillsAttr ,function(attr) { var repeatingId = attr.get('name').split('_')[2], repeatingName = attr.get('current'); var total = getAttrByName(character.id,'repeating_skill_'+repeatingId+'_total_with_sign'); skillsToChat += repeatingName+total + " " }) skillsToChat +="}}" var traitsToChat=""; var traitRegex = /repeating_trait_[^_]+_name/; var traitsAttr = filterObjs(function(o) { return o.get('type')==='attribute' && o.get('characterid') === character.id && o.get('name').match(traitRegex) ; }); _.each(traitsAttr ,function(attr) { var repeatingId = attr.get('name').split('_')[2], repeatingName = attr.get('current'); var total = getAttrByName(character.id,'repeating_trait_'+repeatingId+'_freetext'); traitsToChat += "{{"+repeatingName+"="+total+"}}" }) Here is the chat output section sendChat("Gm","/w GM &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=" + characterName + "}}"+ "{{subheader="+characterSize + " " + characterType + ", " + characterAlignment + "}}"+ "{{Armor}} {{Hit Points="+characterHP+"("+characterHitDice+characterHitDie+")}}" + "{{Speed="+characterSpeed+"}}"+ "{{Abilities=STR:"+characterStr+"("+characterStrMod+") DEX:"+characterDex+"("+characterDexMod+") CON:"+characterCon+"("+characterConMod+")}}"+ "{{Abilities.=INT:"+characterInt+"("+characterIntMod+") WIS:"+characterWis+"("+characterWisMod+") CHA:"+characterCha+"("+characterChaMod+")}}" + skillsToChat + "{{Damage Vulnerabilities="+damageVulnerabilities+"}}" + "{{Damage Resistances="+damageResistances+"}}" + "{{Damage Immunities="+damageImmunities+"}}" + "{{Condition Immunites="+conditionImmunities+"}}"+ "{{Senses="+characterSenses+"}}" + "{{Languages="+characterLanguages+"}}" + "{{Challenge Rating="+characterCR + " ("+characterXP+" XP)}}" +traitsToChat+ actionsToChat + reactionsToChat) }
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Cool, thanks. The repeating sections I think I already have for the ability token action generation, but the chat output is useful to see. I'm going to try and make as much use of the existing roll outputs as I can - but I think some sections I will have to recreate manually like you've done... Lucian
The only part of the formatting that I would like to be done better is the abilities. &nbsp;I couldn't figure out an elegant way to do the abilities without having them on their own separate lines
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
just FYI this should be another item that should be part of the sheet as it can change. I would recommend not spending API resources working on these.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, if there's going to be some sort of statblock chat output from the sheet I won't bother doing it in the API.&nbsp;
Lucian said: Ok, if there's going to be some sort of statblock chat output from the sheet I won't bother doing it in the API.&nbsp; I would love it as part of the sheet

Edited 1460127696
Ok, while we're wish listing - could you allow for the random token drops when using token tables so a single NPC drops multiple instances with different appearances? Ala (( <a href="https://github.com/rr3636/roll20-Rino/tree/master/RandomToken" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/rr3636/roll20-Rino/tree/master/RandomToken</a>) ) kappa
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Modnar Wylde said: Ok, why we're wish listing - could you allow for the random token drops when using token tables so a single NPC drops multiple instances with different appearances? Ala (( <a href="https://github.com/rr3636/roll20-Rino/tree/master/RandomToken" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/rr3636/roll20-Rino/tree/master/RandomToken</a>) ) I'm confused. Why not just use the RandomToken script?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
uber script! :D
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: uber script! :D Ha. You should see the list of possible features for spell effects that I'm compiling. Be afraid, very afraid.

Edited 1460127759
I do use that. (sorry the kappa apparently didn't post with that last one) I was just wondering how far you're willing to move the scope to make - as you've put it - über script. on a separate note - do you plan on making the script available from the api script library so that (I believe) it will auto update as you add features?

Edited 1460127995
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Modnar Wylde said: I do use that. I was just wondering how far you're willing to move the scope to make - as you've put it über script. I have no plans to incorporate features into the script that are not inherently tied to the Shaped Sheet itself in some way. Monolithic scripts are less useful and harder to maintain. I am very open to introducing mechanisms into the script that make it play better with other scripts where the changes are reasonable and the effort involved isn't disproportionate to the benefit. If there's another script that does what you want, you should use that. If there's some reason why that conflicts with the way the Shaped Script works, talk to me and/or the other script author and we'll try and resolve that. on a separate note - do you plan on making the script available from the api script library so that (I believe) it will auto update as you add features? Yes I do, but I'm waiting on some particularly epic scriptomancy from The Aaron that I want to integrate before I submit.
So I can see there seems to be plans for API support in the sheet and features, I'd like to mention a a personal set up. I'm using Honey Badgers HP script. Growit is another script I use if I want to have visual effects and just use template spells that i've found around the internet. Its very useful in that regard but it can drag taking the time to find the correct visual, pulling it out onto the table, growing it correct etc. Currently I use token mod though for AoE visuals on the fly. I just have it set up that some bullseye token is given a aura that matches a spells radius and use that, Cones on the other hand I just improvise with two lines. In the image above I have the Saber-Tooth Tiger set up with 3 buttons to be put out in the chat after the button for "Bite" has been clicked. Each of these buttons represent respectively their title. Damage will deal the damage, Resistant will deal damage but half it, and finally (Hidden by looking at the API.) Is Average damage. Now the beauty of this is, I can click these, point the target query at a player/monster and it will automatically roll the damage, reduce the targets hp bar by the rolled damage and it speeds up alot of things. As for AoE damage, the script doesnt really cover that well since it will only work on one target at a time, what I use is Tokenmod and tell it to reduce the hp of the targets by subtracting the value of the HP in the HP bar2 by the queried number given. PS. I do not suggest implementing these into the script or any sheets planned, I am just showing you how I set up my games using the API features around that I have found.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
@Saevar - thanks for sharing - that's useful info. I like the idea of having some sort of "apply damage" button, I'll feed your ideas in for the future. As for AOE... well I have some EPIC plans for that. Whether they will actually come off, is another matter, but if they do... I think you'll like it. Suffice to say that I'm hoping to improve on this:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2331639/script-aoe-drawer-beta/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2331639/script-aoe-drawer-beta/</a> &lt;eeek&gt;
Lucian said: @Saevar - thanks for sharing - that's useful info. I like the idea of having some sort of "apply damage" button, I'll feed your ideas in for the future. As for AOE... well I have some EPIC plans for that. Whether they will actually come off, is another matter, but if they do... I think you'll like it. Suffice to say that I'm hoping to improve on this:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2331639/script-aoe-drawer-beta/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2331639/script-aoe-drawer-beta/</a> &lt;eeek&gt; Thanks, I hope it gave some ideas. I use it since it gives me ease of use for Npcs and PCs. @ aoe-drawer-beta Indeed, I tried it out before hand actually, my main issue was that you cannot Drag select a bunch of tokens as easily, and has prones to crashing frequently, and it will attempt to AoE EVERY token without fail. It has some boons as it does irritations. I ultimately decided against it because it wasn't user friendly to players so much.&nbsp; Hopefully you can figure out a better method than me :)
I am trying to import monsters. &nbsp;I have selected the shaped sheet v2 for the game. &nbsp;I have import the ShapedSheet.js and I have selected a character token, and am getting the following error
I am getting the following error when I try to use the spell effects "ShapedScripts 1460146586561 WARN : FX roll template variable is not formated correctly: [beam-frost sourceToTarget]"
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Sorry, yeah, there was bug, you need the very latest sheet from Kryx's Github (as of about 2 hours ago). Let me know if it's still broken after you update. Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: @ aoe-drawer-beta Indeed, I tried it out before hand actually, my main issue was that you cannot Drag select a bunch of tokens as easily, and has prones to crashing frequently, and it will attempt to AoE EVERY token without fail. It has some boons as it does irritations. I ultimately decided against it because it wasn't user friendly to players so much.&nbsp; So hopefully the usability concerns should be addressed by the way I was intending to do this - rather than having a menu on tokens that's always there, I would use the core drawing code of Stephen's script to pop up adjustable AOE templates that were tailored to the particular spells. When you cast fireball, it will detect this from the roll template output and do the following: draw a 150ft circle around you,&nbsp; position a 20ft circle next to you.&nbsp; You can then move the centre of that smaller circle anywhere within the large circle until you're happy with it.&nbsp; then you click a token action or chat window button to say you're done A fireball effect explodes at the location you've marked and saves are triggered for each token in the AOE, possibly outputting some sort of "apply damage" buttons as you described as well into the chat window My intention is for it to also support: Persistent effects like call lightning - you will be able to pick a new target each round and re-trigger the spell effect for that target Movable effects like Moonbeam Complex AOEs like Firestorm and Chain Lightning Multi-level AOEs like Meteor Swarm It would also have more general applicability as a targeting constraint, so it could potentially be used to run all ranged attacks. It's a pretty massive project, but I think I might be able to pull it off!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Den G. said: I am trying to import monsters. &nbsp;I have selected the shaped sheet v2 for the game. &nbsp;I have import the ShapedSheet.js and I have selected a character token, and am getting the following error Sent you a PM.
Made sure I was on the latest sheet. &nbsp;error still there
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ken M. said: Made sure I was on the latest sheet. &nbsp;error still there Is it not prompting you for a target for the spell?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Also, what version does the script report?
How do I get the version. &nbsp;I pulled it today at the same time I updated to the latest sheet

Edited 1460151400
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Should get printed in the log when the API sandbox spins up Something like: "ShapedScripts 1460150875823 INFO : &nbsp; -=&gt; ShapedScripts v0.7.2 &lt;=-"
ShapedScripts v0.7
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Ken - I'm guessing that might be the issue - the latest is 0.7.2 - grab that from my github and try again... sorry about this, there's quite a lot of active development going on at the moment!

Edited 1460154206
Did you make a JSON editor for the spell data or would it help if someone else did and shared it here ? (like this&nbsp; <a href="http://jeremydorn.com/json-editor/?schema=N4IgLgl" rel="nofollow">http://jeremydorn.com/json-editor/?schema=N4IgLgl</a>... )
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Modnar,&nbsp; Nope, I haven't done one yet - feel free to have a go, that would be great! Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Version 0.7.1/0.7.2:&nbsp; You can now add individual spells as token actions with !shaped-abilities --Fireball or similar. Obviously this only works if you actually have a spell called Fireball in your character. Spells get ignored if you have more than one token selected. FX should now work if you have the very latest sheet and latest script. Abilities are in title case now Removed lair actions from the abilities options because they don't have names Made monster spells prepared by default Added a safety mechanism - if you give one of your characters an attribute 'locked' with a value of 'true', the script will never overwrite its data, no matter how many --replace --overwrite switches you throw at it. Yes, this was based on a Bad Experience :-(
how do we get the "i" menu back with all the stuff to import?
A very basic version of AdvantageTracker functionality has been shipped to Lucian. Expect to see it soon =) I should get the rest of it added in quickly.
This may be out of the scope of this script but for default tokens would it be possible to set default aura, and vision and such. You have the default bars but what I like to do is since I play gridless have an aura visible to only that token for it's melee attacks (so 5ft or 10ft usually) and then an aura of 0ft for the token which shows the area it actually occupies in the game world. So when a range aura and a token aura overlap that means you can hit them. With the prior script when I imported onto a token its vision and stuff would all get filled in as well. When I change HP to red (bar 3) (which I think is much better) it doesn't auto roll any more. Do I have to open the character sheet and click import every time? It can sometimes take quite a few seconds to do that; when I tested with the lich it locked up for 10 seconds at least before it all filled in.&nbsp; Something handy for Paladins or Clerics (those that prepare from all spells rather than only know a few) would be -import-spells --Paladin Level 1, or something similar. If I wanted to automatically add all the attacks and actions as abilities is there a config option to do that? I didn't see it in the OP or the UI. I basically just want to have exactly what I had with Mark's script.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
RMcD said: This may be out of the scope of this script but for default tokens would it be possible to set default aura, and vision and such. You have the default bars but what I like to do is since I play gridless have an aura visible to only that token for it's melee attacks (so 5ft or 10ft usually) and then an aura of 0ft for the token which shows the area it actually occupies in the game world. So when a range aura and a token aura overlap that means you can hit them. With the prior script when I imported onto a token its vision and stuff would all get filled in as well. Yes, I can add this to the todo list.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is</a>... In the meantime you might want to check out the TokenMod script, which can set things like this up for you. Have a look back upthread for some examples. When I change HP to red (bar 3) (which I think is much better) it doesn't auto roll any more. You need to run !shaped-config and then use the menu to configure which bars are used for which attributes. Then it should work? Do I have to open the character sheet and click import every time? It can sometimes take quite a few seconds to do that; when I tested with the lich it locked up for 10 seconds at least before it all filled in.&nbsp; Sadly this is a limitation of the way that the new sheet works, using sheet-workers. The API can't trigger sheet-workers at the moment, so we need user interaction to get them to run. Hopefully Roll20 will remove this limitation at some point. I have also raised a bug with roll20 about the slow performance - I think there's a bug there somewhere. Lich can take nearly a minute on my computer, and almost all of that is Roll20 calculating which events to fire. :-( Something handy for Paladins or Clerics (those that prepare from all spells rather than only know a few) would be -import-spells --Paladin Level 1, or something similar. Right, so that would import all the level 1 Paladin spells? I can add that at some point, but you should bear in mind that even with the new sheet workers, sheet performance suffers the more spells you import. If you import the entire cleric spell list, you're likely to find the sheet quite unresponsive.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is</a>... If I wanted to automatically add all the attacks and actions as abilities is there a config option to do that? I didn't see it in the OP or the UI. I basically just want to have exactly what I had with Mark's script. I'm working on it at the moment. Currently you can do !shaped-abilities --attacks --actions and it will configure all the attacks and actions as abilities. In the future, i &nbsp;will provide configuration options that let you specify default abilities to be added at import time. In the meantime, if you wanted, you could make a macro to combine !shaped-import with !shaped-abilities to set your tokens up in one step. Lucian

Edited 1460302403
I have no idea how to split up the quote after I click quote. &gt;Yes, I can add this to the todo list. <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is</a>... In the meantime you might want to check out the TokenMod script, which can set things like this up for you. Have a look back upthread for some examples. That's what I've been doing in the mean time and indeed did it for the auras when it was the old script. &gt;You need to run !shaped-config and then use the menu to configure which bars are used for which attributes. Then it should work? That's what I did. I tried again it seems you have to reimport the character, or perhaps reset it as default or something. Working now anyway &gt;Sadly this is a limitation of the way that the new sheet works, using sheet-workers. The API can't trigger sheet-workers at the moment, so we need user interaction to get them to run. Hopefully Roll20 will remove this limitation at some point. I have also raised a bug with roll20 about the slow performance - I think there's a bug there somewhere. Lich can take nearly a minute on my computer, and almost all of that is Roll20 calculating which events to fire. :-( Ah well out of your hands, I definitely think it's an odd thing to put in. We installed the API so we hardly need to allow them access to the sheet... &gt;Right, so that would import all the level 1 Paladin spells? I can add that at some point, but you should bear in mind that even with the new sheet workers, sheet performance suffers the more spells you import. If you import the entire cleric spell list, you're likely to find the sheet quite unresponsive. <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/is</a>... Yeah exactly the case, so far I've been doing it by just writing out all the Paladin spells and importing them at once. Note that when a spell import fails say one of the spell has bad syntax or is missing a space, the entire command fails. So we tried to import 20 spells at once but it failed because Heroism was typo'd for example. It has good error feedback so it was easy to sort out, but perhaps it should carry out all the other spells that worked fine and only not import the ones it can't because of syntax or spelling. &gt;I'm working on it at the moment. Currently you can do !shaped-abilities --attacks --actions and it will configure all the attacks and actions as abilities. In the future, i will provide configuration options that let you specify default abilities to be added at import time. In the meantime, if you wanted, you could make a macro to combine !shaped-import with !shaped-abilities to set your tokens up in one step. Does the macro work if I have to manually go into the character sheet and accept the import in between? Thanks Edit: When you import Mage the spells slots it has are double what it should have. It should have 4,3,3,3,3,1 but it says it has 8,6,6,6,6,2. Does shaped abilities work on spells too? Edit 2: Balor's Summon Demon doesn't work like it did in the old script (it actually rolled each of the numbers)
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
RMcD said: Ah well out of your hands, I definitely think it's an odd thing to put in. We installed the API so we hardly need to allow them access to the sheet... It's not a deliberate thing - it's a product of the fact that API runs on the Roll20 servers and the sheetworkers run in your browser; when roll20 created sheetworkers they didn't introduce a mechanism for the two to interact. I believe that there are some plans to fix this at some point, but I don't know how high up the list it is. Note that when a spell import fails say one of the spell has bad syntax or is missing a space, the entire command fails. So we tried to import 20 spells at once but it failed because Heroism was typo'd for example. It has good error feedback so it was easy to sort out, but perhaps it should carry out all the other spells that worked fine and only not import the ones it can't because of syntax or spelling If you pass the spells as a comma-separated list: --Fireball, Fly, Hold Person then it will import the ones it recognises and not fail if there are some it doesn't. It also doesn't report an error for the failed ones, which is something I need to change. Does the macro work if I have to manually go into the character sheet and accept the import in between? Thanks No, but you don't need to do that to set the token up: Select token !shaped-import-monster !shaped-abilities --whatever (!token-mod --whatever) Shift double-click token Click edit Use selected as default token save/close You can then open the character sheet to complete the import at your leisure. Until you do, linked bars won't display values and HP rolling won't work, but you shouldn't have to reconfigure anything after you do it.