Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] 5e Shaped Support Script

Zym
Sheet Author
To be honest while they did that could enter my stat blocks as I am behind.. What are the main difference between shapedv2 sheet and srd5. Out of curiousity.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
 Hi Alexander,  The best way to answer that is for you to read Kryx's forum post that I linked to, and to make a test campaign, install the sheet and look for yourself. Broadly speaking, Kryx's goal is to make something that looks as much like the paper sheet as possible. But there are lots of differences and it would take a long time to explain them all - go check it out. Lucian
Zym
Sheet Author
Thanks mate. Hope samurai and ninja are well.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
:-) They're doing ok, thanks! But everything else is quite stressful at the moment, thus the number of stupid mistakes in the script recently...
Zym
Sheet Author
I ran the game after a slight bungle. I changed the character sheet to v2 from the game page settings. We ended up playing the whole game by ToM because everything went out the window. Kept the game in good order, everyone had a really good time. When I changed the character sheet and tried to import the stat block for a token (gm info) it generated the character sheet. But did not input any information into the character sheet. I couldn't create any monster tokens in the desired way, but it was a good lesson cus the game worked.  "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "Error: Unable to find attribute named hp_formula for character Fire Stirge(-KFL4NpFXVzptfJvUw35) in chat command."
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Alexander,  Could you PM an invite to your campaign and make me a GM so I can have a look? It sounds like there's still a problem with sheet versions but it's hard to tell without more information. Lucian
So I fear this may be an annoying nooby question but I can't seem to find straightforward step by step instructions anywhere so I'll ask in the hopes of not being the only one who'd like to know: How do I use the monster statblock import feature? 
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Zak, You first of all need a statblock from somewhere - generally speaking people get these from PDFs of adventures, or perhaps an OCRed copy of the Monster Manual. The statblock must conform to the layout conventions used by WotC for their 5e products or it will not work; fortunately most published material respects these conventions. Once you have statblock, follow these steps: Create/find a token to represent your monster/character, and place it on the tabletop Open the token settings Paste your statblock into the GM notes for the token. Make sure that you haven't lost all of the linebreaks - the Roll20 text editor controls can be a bit funny about line-endings. Sometimes I have to paste the text into a text editor first, and then copy it out of there before I paste it into Roll20. It should look roughly like the original you copied it from, minus all the formatting. At this stage you might also want to check that it's not completely garbled, if e.g. it comes from an OCR scan of a print book. The script will fix a lot of mistakes, but it's still only a script - if the text is totally garbled you may need to fix some of the mistakes manually. When you're done, come out of the token editing and select the token. Type !shaped-import-statblock  into the chat window and hit enter. You should end up with a new character in the journal Open the new character; you will be presented with the option to cancel or import, click import (this stage seems redundant, but it's working around a Roll20 limitation unfortunately) After a few seconds (be patient) all the attributes of your new character should be populated. (Optional) If you want to ensure that the character can be dragged from the journal onto the VTT with the appropriate settings, click the edit button at the top right of the character sheet dialog, and then click 'Use selected token" in the "Default token"  box (Unfortunately it is not possible to automate this step either as things stand) This should give you a character with the details from the statblock set up with your choice of token. The character and the token will both have standard defaults which may or may not be to your liking. If you want to change how the character and tokens are configured (roll options/whispering to the gm/nameplate visibility, bar setup  etc) without having manually to edit the token/character sheet settings each time, run !shaped-config from the chat window and you will be presented with some options that control how the script configures new characters and tokens. Hope that helps!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Alexander said: IWhen I changed the character sheet and tried to import the stat block for a token (gm info) it generated the character sheet. But did not input any information into the character sheet. I couldn't create any monster tokens in the desired way, but it was a good lesson cus the game worked.  "ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." "Error: Unable to find attribute named hp_formula for character Fire Stirge(-KFL4NpFXVzptfJvUw35) in chat command." Hi Alexander, I've just looked in your campaign and I found your Fire Stirge token. As I said before: @alexander: Where are you putting your statblock? Some people get confused by this initially. You need to create a token for your monster, and then paste the statblock into the GM notes for the token, not a character represented by the token. I might change this to be more tolerant because so many people get caught out by this. There were no GM notes on the Fire Stirge token . You did have GM notes on the Fire Stirge Character in the journal, but a token != a character. In roll20, there is no direct equivalence between a character and a token that represents it. They are separate objects with separate properties. The !shaped-import-statblock command is designed to work with the workflow I describe in the immediately preceding post on this thread. Please follow it *exactly* and it will work for you - I tested importing your Fire Stirge in your campaign and it worked ok - you will see the new character there. Hope that helps! Lucian
Zym
Sheet Author
Okay. I thought that's what I had done. so I upload image or drag image from library. Open token settings, add stat block in gm notes, use your command and its does the api script to create an npc character sheet. to be honest, that's what I thought I had done. But forgive me if I missed it again!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
It's ok - as long as it works now I'm happy! I intend to make this more robust and at the very least have it give some more explicit error messages for this sort of thing to avoid further problems in the future.
Hello all, Firstly thanks for the amazing work done by both Lucian and Kryx with the sheet as well as the script! Well done guys I am a total noob in this field and have no idea how script work nor anything related to it. Is there anyone kind enough on the forums to help me with this in private (Or on the forums themselves)? I am mainly interested in importing things to the campaign that are not there in the compodium.... Or at least general help with what this script can do and how to use it? Currently i am using it only for the arrows
Lucian said: Hi Zak, snip Hope that helps! Not only did it help, but I showed several friends how to do it once I got it nailed down, and we all agree that it is complete wizardry, or sorcery, take your pick. I do have one more question, I am having trouble getting bar 3 (red circle) to list the AC. I have successfully got it so that it will put the AC in on the token I import. By default the 2nd bar (blue) is listed for speed, and it has showed speed for the first token each time, and now I've gotten it to put the AC as well. However, when I drag a new monster onto the VTT from the journal, it rolls the HP (and puts it in the 1st bar, green) but doesn't include the speed in the blue bar or the AC in the red bar. This is what my token options say presently: Shaped Scripts Configuration >>Numbered Tokens>>>off>>Show Name Tag>>>on>>Show Name to Players>>>off>>Bar 1 Attribute>>HP>>Bar 1 Set Max>>>on>>Bar 1 Link>>>off>>Bar 1 Show Players>>>off>>Bar 2 Attribute>>speed>>Bar 2 Set Max>>>on>>Bar 2 Link>>>on>>Bar 2 Show Players>>>off>>Bar 3 Attribute>>AC>>Bar 3 Set Max>>>on>>Bar 3 Link>>>on>>Bar 3 Show Players>>>off>>>>>Aura 1>>Range>Color>Square>>>>[not set]>>>#FFFF99>>>off Token Options >>>>>Aura 2>>Range>Color>Square>>>>[not set]>>>#59e594>>>off>back to main menu Thanks for the help, this is straight awesome.
I seem to be having the same problem as Zak, is the Config UI broken in ShapedScripts v0.8.2? It looked good in 8.0.
John S. said: I seem to be having the same problem as Zak, is the Config UI broken in ShapedScripts v0.8.2? It looked good in 8.0. Hey, I thought we pushed this fix to you guys. Sorry it's still happening! You can fix it yourself in the meantime, please see  this post by me on how to fix it.
Thanks Brunhine, that fixed it! Sorry I missed that on the previous page. Also thanks to you, Lucian, Kryx and the rest that make this sheet and script so great.
Brunhine said: John S. said: I seem to be having the same problem as Zak, is the Config UI broken in ShapedScripts v0.8.2? It looked good in 8.0. Hey, I thought we pushed this fix to you guys. Sorry it's still happening! You can fix it yourself in the meantime, please see  this post by me on how to fix it. Hi Brunhine, thanks for the fix, I've got the gui working now. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to be including the speed or AC, just the HP.  These are the settings I have, am I missing something?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Zak, You want to set bar 2 and bar 3 to be Linked. HP rolls automatically because you want it to be separate for each token - as when you have 100 orcs all using the same underlying character sheet; but the other attributes should be linked to the value on the character sheet directly, the script won't copy them for you as it does with HP. If you change that it should fix the problem. Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I believe that all the config menu stuff should be fixed now. Anyone having problems should grab the latest script - let me know if it's still broken for you.

Edited 1460833198
Lucian said: Hi Zak, You want to set bar 2 and bar 3 to be Linked. HP rolls automatically because you want it to be separate for each token - as when you have 100 orcs all using the same underlying character sheet; but the other attributes should be linked to the value on the character sheet directly, the script won't copy them for you as it does with HP. If you change that it should fix the problem. Lucian Lucian, I've updated the script to the latest version on github (9 hours ago from now), and changed the bars to be linked, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I'd gladly shoot you an invite to the campaign if that would be helpful. Thanks again!
Zak G. said: Lucian, I've updated the script to the latest version on github (9 hours ago from now), and changed the bars to be linked, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I'd gladly shoot you an invite to the campaign if that would be helpful. Thanks again! Hey, I know he might unavailable at the moment. If you still need help, PM me I can take a look for you as well.
I was just having the same problem as Zak, I think... bars not working properly until I noticed that the first (red) cirlce (with bar) is bar 3. Once I flipped what I wanted bar 1 and 3 to be, things seem to work perfectly. It just did not seem to work in the opposite direction. I know it may sound a little dense, but it caused me a little grief for a bit. On the off chance that you are having the same issue, maybe this will help.
John, I just tried what you suggested, but it does not seem to be working I'm afraid.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, so if anyone else is having the same problem as Zak, the key thing to remember is that you *must* set the default token for your character to the token you used during the import if you want the script's default token settings to be saved. This step is manual because because Roll20 doesn't support setting the default token via the API yet.
OK, this is the first time I've attempted to use this monster importer and got an Error (sorry if this has been addressed). I'm using "!shaped-import-statblock" to import a monster that isn't in the SRD from the Adventurers League mod, "Raiders of the Twilight Marsh" (Half-Dragon Troll). I copied the monster info from the pdf and pasted into "GM Notes". After I hitting enter I got this: I thought maybe since it was a weird creature that was the problem so I tried a goblin on another token and got the same error. Everything copy/pasted fine as it is an official document from Wizards so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: OK, this is the first time I've attempted to use this monster importer and got an Error (sorry if this has been addressed). I'm using "!shaped-import-statblock" to import a monster that isn't in the SRD from the Adventurers League mod, "Raiders of the Twilight Marsh" (Half-Dragon Troll). I copied the monster info from the pdf and pasted into "GM Notes". After I hitting enter I got this: I thought maybe since it was a weird creature that was the problem so I tried a goblin on another token and got the same error. Everything copy/pasted fine as it is an official document from Wizards so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Hi, Could you paste the text from your GM notes so I can see what it's trying to import? Lucian
Sure. Half-Dragon Troll Large giant, chaotic evil Armor Class 15 (natural armor) Hit Points 84 (8d10 + 40) Speed 30 ft. STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 18 (+4) 13 (+1) 20 (+5) 7 (−2) 9 (−1) 7 (−2) Skills Perception +1 Damage Resistances acid Senses blindsight 10 ft., darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11 Languages Draconic, Giant Challenge 5 (1,800 XP) Keen Smell. The half-dragon troll has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell. Regeneration. The half-dragon troll regains 10 hit points at the start of its turn. If the troll takes acid or fire damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of the troll’s next turn. The troll dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hit points and doesn’t regenerate. Actions Multiattack. The half-dragon troll makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws. Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage. Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage. Acid Breath (Recharge 5-6). The half-dragon troll exhales acid in a 15-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 11 Dexterity saving throw, taking 22 (5d8) acid damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm, yeah. It's barfing on the ability line - some of the files have them as STR 18 (+4) DEX 13 (+1) etc -which is what the parser expects. But it should cope with this format - in fact I thought it did. I will look into fixing this for you.
Lucian said: some of the files have them as STR 18 (+4) DEX 13 (+1) etc -which is what the parser expects. But it should cope with this format - in fact I thought it did. I will look into fixing this for you. Yay! Thanks. Yeah, now that you mention it I think some pdfs do format it that way (STR 18 (+4)). OCR, SRD, DDAL and DM Basic pdfs might all be formatted differently. AFK now so can't really check quickly. [Now back to grillin'...]
Import's having a hard time with the way stat blocks in Hoard are formatted. This is the relevant portion of the stat block: Challenge 5 (1,800 XP) Special Equipment. Talis has +1 scale mail and a wand of winter (see appendix C). There's a line with challenge and then there's a line break. This is the error message I get: Shaped Scripts challenge: Bad value [5 (1,800 6:09PM : XP) Special Equipment. Talis has +1 scale mail and a wand of winter (see appendix C).] for field [challenge]. Should have matched pattern: /^\s (\d+(?:\s \/\s \d)?)\s (?:\(\s [\d,]+\s XP\s \)\s )?$/i

Edited 1460935611
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Are the global variables for JSON import still called fifthSpells and fifthMonsters? I had them set up that way and they were working fine but they no longer seem to get picked up by the script. I get "Unrecognised or poorly formed option".
Just ran my first full game as DM on roll20 using the shaped sheet and this script. It was really great. The token actions were especially helpful. It ran really smoothly for over 5 hours. The players all really enjoyed the experience too. Thanks so much to all the devs involved in this.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Tim said: Are the global variables for JSON import still called fifthSpells and fifthMonsters? I had them set up that way and they were working fine but they no longer seem to get picked up by the script. I get "Unrecognised or poorly formed option". Hi, Yeah, the JSON format has changed, as has the method of registering the custom JSON with the main script. Have sent you a PM. Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
@Thorsten: I'm not sure which version of Hoard you are using; I assume it's an OCR of the print edition, because as far as I was aware there are no official PDFs that contain Talis. I've found an OCRed PDF and tried myself, and the statblock was a real mess - no spaces anywhere. It took a few goes to get it to recognise all the fields but I was unable to make it fail with exactly the error you got. Could you paste the entire statblock, exactly as you have it in your GM notes so I can track down the problem? NOTE FOR EVERYONE: If you are having trouble with statblock import, please post the *whole* statblock, exactly as you have it in your GM notes, when reporting the error or I will not be able to debug properly.
I PM'd you the stat block. I don't want to put it here because I'm pretty certain I'd be breaking copyright if I did. I don't use a PDF, I scan in the pages of the book and then OCR them.

Edited 1461009689
Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option skillsquery I get this when I attempt the following !shaped-abilities --initiative --savesquery --skillsquery --actions and  !shaped-abilities --initiative --savesquery --skills --actions If I have updated the Skills, to include the entries for toolkits etc, would that cause the error?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
skills is not a valid option as labeled in the OP. -- abilitychecks or --abilchecks - create an ability to launch the chat window ability check buttons --abilitychecksquery or --abilchecksquery - create an ability launch the ability check drop-down query
Is it normal that we are still seeing {{GENDER_PRONOUN_HIS_HER}} in some of our spell emotes, like Poison Spray?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
@John S.  Good catch, that's a bug. Where the same pronoun placeholder occurs more than once in a spell emote, only the first one is being replaced. I've fixed it and will do a new release later.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
NEW THREAD:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3268053/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3268053/5e-shape</a>... (If anyone with a Mod Hat reads this, I would be grateful if you could lock this thread for me!)