Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] 5e Shaped Support Script

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Sean K. said: how do we get the "i" menu back with all the stuff to import? You need to set your compendium to 5e srd in the game settings.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Version 0.8: The Brunhine Edition So basically everything in this version was written by Brunhine <pause for applause>: Amazing new Config UI - looks awesome, works even better.  Initial AdvantageTracker implementation - does the basics of what Kevin's existing script used to do: !shaped-at --advantage / --disadvantage / --normal will give the characters for the currently selected tokens advantage/disadvantage/neither.  If you enable the relevant config option, the script will also mark all tokens with advantage/disadvantage with a green/red dot respectively. Default auras for newly created character tokens - set these up in the config UI and they will be applied to tokens when you import a monster with that token selected, or when you run --shaped-token-defaults

Edited 1460379897
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I'm adding a houserule for half proficiency bonus to unproficient saving throws. It would be nice to include that (and max dex bonus) in the config for new sheets. It will be released later today.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: FYI I'm adding a houserule for half proficiency bonus to unproficient saving throws. It would be nice to include that (and max dex bonus) in the config for new sheets. It will be released later today. <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/69" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/69</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
:)

Edited 1460403059
@Lucian: One request for the ADV/DISADV configuration. &nbsp;Would it be possible to add a public or whisper option? &nbsp;In the original script we had&nbsp;chat, disabled, whisperPlayer, whisperGM for options. Also, there a way to configure the actual icon that was being used? I know it says initial AdvantageTracker, so I wasn't sure if it was still in the works. And will --spellbook be added back to token actions?
Kaelev said: @Lucian: One request for the ADV/DISADV configuration. &nbsp;Would it be possible to add a public or whisper option? &nbsp;In the original script we had&nbsp;chat, disabled, whisperPlayer, whisperGM for options. Also, there a way to configure the actual icon that was being used? I know it says initial AdvantageTracker, so I wasn't sure if it was still in the works. Yes, and yes! , I definitely plan on beefing up the Advantage Tracker side to match what was in the original, plus more. If the base functionality that we have now isn't quite what you need, I recommend to continue using Kevin's original script for the next couple days until I can get you all the rest of the module.
Lucian said: Kryx said: FYI I'm adding a houserule for half proficiency bonus to unproficient saving throws. It would be nice to include that (and max dex bonus) in the config for new sheets. It will be released later today. <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/69" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/69</a> The config UI is starting to feel like Tribble! I will try and get both of these added tonight.
Any word on the CoS JSON yet?
Brunhine said: Kaelev said: @Lucian: One request for the ADV/DISADV configuration. &nbsp;Would it be possible to add a public or whisper option? &nbsp;In the original script we had&nbsp;chat, disabled, whisperPlayer, whisperGM for options. Also, there a way to configure the actual icon that was being used? I know it says initial AdvantageTracker, so I wasn't sure if it was still in the works. Yes, and yes! , I definitely plan on beefing up the Advantage Tracker side to match what was in the original, plus more. If the base functionality that we have now isn't quite what you need, I recommend to continue using Kevin's original script for the next couple days until I can get you all the rest of the module. Awesome! That's what I'm doing right now. I'm using this version for my players and Kevin's version for my NPCs that whispers to me and shows no icons. I'm running a new Curse of Strahd campaign and I want to be 100% behind the screen on my side as much as possible. So having the message pop up and icons appear on NPCs is very telling. &nbsp;
I just want to thank Lucian and Brunhine for cleaning up and integrating my scripts while I am largely "out of pocket" due to work. &nbsp;I appreciate the time and effort put in, thank you very much!
Just out of curiosity, is there a plan to add in the (awesome) spellbook macro from the Token Action script?
Kaelev said: Awesome! That's what I'm doing right now. I'm using this version for my players and Kevin's version for my NPCs that whispers to me and shows no icons. I'm running a new Curse of Strahd campaign and I want to be 100% behind the screen on my side as much as possible. So having the message pop up and icons appear on NPCs is very telling. &nbsp; That gives me a couple of ideas... So you all know, in addition to the existing functionality, here is what I am hoping to add to the advantage tracker: - A command option such as !shaped-at --advantage --revert that will apply advantage to the selected character, and then revert back to the previous setting after a d20 roll is detected. - Configuration option to choose whether or not to display the (dis)advantage marker at a character level so you can for example show it for PCs, but hide for NPCs (Thanks Kaelev for the idea!) - A command option such as !shaped-at --disadvantage --gm or !shaped-at --advantage --player &nbsp;so you can choose the output level at an interaction level
Shadowspawn said: OK I upgraded to version 0.8 then I try to pull up the config UI using !shaped-config command and I get nothing, absolutely nothing. Am I missing something or is there more needed than to upgrade to version 0.8 of the script and use the !shaped-config command to bring up the UI as seen on page one of this thread? Not sure why you are getting that. I just installed the script into a new campaign, and it is working for me. Do you need to scroll down in your chat log? Are you getting any output in your scripts console?
Brunhine said: Shadowspawn said: OK I upgraded to version 0.8 then I try to pull up the config UI using !shaped-config command and I get nothing, absolutely nothing. Am I missing something or is there more needed than to upgrade to version 0.8 of the script and use the !shaped-config command to bring up the UI as seen on page one of this thread? Not sure why you are getting that. I just installed the script into a new campaign, and it is working for me. Do you need to scroll down in your chat log? Are you getting any output in your scripts console? Disregard it was a user error not a script error
Hi there, here's an issue we've found on the Shapedv2 character sheet. If there is an empty attack action in the list of actions it stops parsing any new attacks that we add. Sometimes deleting the empty action resolves the issue and allows the parsing to resume, but sometimes it doesn't and we are forced to create a new character. Just wanted to see whether anyone else is experiencing this?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The spell book will be added to the sheet shortly so I suggest not doing it here. Robert, can you please post a reproduction path and/or screenshots on the character sheet thread.
Not a huge need however ..... the ability to toggle the Has Sight check box via a token setting would be very helpful. As it is I just about have the importing of creatures down to a science except having to toggle the Has Sight check box. If I could get that as a tokensetting I could just add it to a macro
Just got the script that as of now says updated an hour ago, and I am getting this error &nbsp; Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains undefined in property 'showplayers_aura1' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:49) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:543:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Though as far as I can tell there is no error in that part of the script, and I didn't alter it at all, here is what I have for that part of the script. token.set('showname', settings.showName); token.set('showplayers_name', settings.showNameToPlayers); token.set('showplayers_aura1', settings.showAura1ToPlayers); token.set('showplayers_aura2', settings.showAura2ToPlayers); }; If someone could clear this up for me whether it's user error or script error I'd greatly appreciate it!

Edited 1460533620
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Tony D. said: Just got the script that as of now says updated an hour ago, and I am getting this error &nbsp; Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains undefined in property 'showplayers_aura1' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:49) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:543:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Though as far as I can tell there is no error in that part of the script, and I didn't alter it at all, here is what I have for that part of the script. token.set('showname', settings.showName); token.set('showplayers_name', settings.showNameToPlayers); token.set('showplayers_aura1', settings.showAura1ToPlayers); token.set('showplayers_aura2', settings.showAura2ToPlayers); }; If someone could clear this up for me whether it's user error or script error I'd greatly appreciate it! Hi Tony, Looks like a script error - and more specifically, it looks like something has gone wrong with upgrading your default configuration to include the relevant settings. Yes, I see the mistake now. I've just pushed a fix. Please install the new script now. Unfortunately your settings object is now a bit broken, so we'll also need to fix it for you. After installing the new version of the script, could you add the following as a separate script in your campaign: ShapedScripts.state.config.version = 0.6; Then save it, wait for the API sandbox to restart, and then immediately delete that little script. &nbsp; EDIT: Please see below, just install version 0.8.1 or later and it should fix it for you.&nbsp; Lucian
Hey Lucian,&nbsp; &nbsp; Thank you! That update fixed the issue! Though my issue was just for a bare test world, and I tried a few names for the separate config version script, and made a different test world after that failed, where your updated script worked without the separate script. Thanks again, Tony.
I have the same error, i have downloaded an &nbsp;installed the latest version form Githib, but when i try to save the&nbsp;ShapedScripts.config.version = 0.6; as a new script i get the following error:&nbsp;TypeError: Cannot set property 'version' of undefined
Shadowspawn said: Not a huge need however ..... the ability to toggle the Has Sight check box via a token setting would be very helpful. As it is I just about have the importing of creatures down to a science except having to toggle the Has Sight check box. If I could get that as a tokensetting I could just add it to a macro This is already planned:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/68" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/68</a>
Brunhine said: Shadowspawn said: Not a huge need however ..... the ability to toggle the Has Sight check box via a token setting would be very helpful. As it is I just about have the importing of creatures down to a science except having to toggle the Has Sight check box. If I could get that as a tokensetting I could just add it to a macro This is already planned:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/68" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-api-scripts/issues/68</a> Excellent!

Edited 1460524112
Error Found in monster JSON When importing a Shambling Mound, damage is enabled for multiattack. It's Slam action is missing. Also, !shaped-abilities won't bring in --skills for any monster now. (Unrecognised or poorly formed option skills) Edit: Any creature that has multiattack, it imports with damage checked.

Edited 1460528159
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shaped abilities had many commands renamed. Lucian will update the OP soon or I can in a few hours when I'm not on mobile. --abilitychecks or --abilchecks will give you what you want for now.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Version 0.8.1: Fix for schema upgrade bug + changes/additions to the list of abilities for !shaped-abilities Please see the OP for details of all the switches to !shaped-abilities. The change that is most likely to affect people is changing --skills to --abilityChecks (or --abilChecks if you want a shorter version). This is to bring the terminology in line with the sheet and 5e standard wording. There was a bug in version 0.8 with upgrading the config schema for the script. If you have problems with errors to do with player auras showing up in the log, please make sure that you are on the latest version of the script and it should fix it for you.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: --abilitychecksquery or --abilcheckquery&nbsp; - create an ability launch the ability check drop-down query Small typo, should be "abilcheck s query". Also forgot reactions-macro. Thanks Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Error Found in monster JSON When importing a Shambling Mound, damage is enabled for multiattack. It's Slam action is missing. Also, !shaped-abilities won't bring in --skills for any monster now. (Unrecognised or poorly formed option skills) Edit: Any creature that has multiattack, it imports with damage checked. I can't recreate the Slam action being missing - that works fine for me. The multiattack thing is most likely a problem with the sheetworker logic, will see what Kryx thinks.

Edited 1460542105
Sorry: "ShapedScripts 1460541171961 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v0.8.1 &lt;=-" For reference, the error message generated was: Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains undefined in property 'showplayers_aura1' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:49) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:543:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15)
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Jon,&nbsp; Do you get any other messages in the log at all when you start it up? Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jon M. said: Sorry: "ShapedScripts 1460541171961 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v0.8.1 &lt;=-" For reference, the error message generated was: Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains undefined in property 'showplayers_aura1' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:49) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:543:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Sorry everyone, I've worked out what was going on here - there were actually several problems with the schema upgrade and I only managed to fix one of them. Version 0.8.2 should definitely fix this.
Hey, not that this is causing me problems but what is this that is popping up in chat when I click on items that require a D20 roll No attribute was found for @{Vine Blight|roll_info} I have looked through the log and there is nothing being spit out to give me a clue.&nbsp; I have looked at the abilities on the character sheet and there is nothing labeled roll_info.&nbsp; I loaded the Vine Blight using the !shaped-Monster command.

Edited 1460579371
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shadowspawn, what version of the sheet are you using? "roll_info" is set whenever a sheet opens for the first time. Did you ever open the sheet? I just tested and the only issue was it asking for "normal" (not sure why, investigating now)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I released&nbsp; 2.4.12 on the sheet to fix the "normal" issue. Please let us know if you encounter issues still.

Edited 1460589859
I'm not getting anything but this when I run !shaped-config : Shaped Scripts Configuration &gt;&gt;&gt;Main Menu&gt;&gt;Advantage Tracker&gt;&gt;view&gt;&gt;Token Defaults&gt;&gt;view&gt;&gt;New Characters&gt;&gt;view When I try&nbsp; !shaped-config --option Main Menu it tells me: Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option option New Characters So I tried !shaped-config --Main Menu Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option New Characters What am I doing wrong? &nbsp; :( I also noticed that when you try and run !shaped-abilities --legendaryactions for a creature without legendary actions we get: Legendary Actions: Not present for character But when you run !shaped-abilities --regionaleffects or !shaped-abilities --lairactions it actually creates a macro and when clicked it just shows the monsters name and the action type. &nbsp;For consistency shouldn't they also give the "Not present for character" message? Finally, when I try the Statblock macro created by !shaped-abilities --statblock I get "%{Stone Golem|statblock}" in chat.

Edited 1460590389
Zym
Sheet Author
:-( I've tried using the script for the first time.&nbsp; My error is&nbsp;ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." The image is in my library. Character Sheet for this monster is empty. (Repeated twice with different tokens and monsters) I was using the command&nbsp;!shaped-import-statblock I tried those commands also (Kaelev). Same errors coming up in my console.
Kaelev said: I'm not getting anything but this when I run !shaped-config : Shaped Scripts Configuration &gt;&gt;&gt;Main Menu&gt;&gt;Advantage Tracker&gt;&gt;view&gt;&gt;Token Defaults&gt;&gt;view&gt;&gt;New Characters&gt;&gt;view When I try&nbsp; !shaped-config --option Main Menu it tells me: Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option option New Characters So I tried !shaped-config --Main Menu Shaped Scripts Unrecognised or poorly formed option New Characters What am I doing wrong? &nbsp; :( I also noticed that when you try and run !shaped-abilities --legendaryactions for a creature without legendary actions we get: Legendary Actions: Not present for character But when you run !shaped-abilities --regionaleffects or !shaped-abilities --lairactions it actually creates a macro and when clicked it just shows the monsters name and the action type. &nbsp;For consistency shouldn't they also give the "Not present for character" message? Finally, when I try the Statblock macro created by !shaped-abilities --statblock I get "%{Stone Golem|statblock}" in chat. The correct command is !shaped-config . Have you tried clicking on "view"?
Alexander said: :-( I've tried using the script for the first time.&nbsp; My error is&nbsp;ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info." The image is in my library. Character Sheet for this monster is empty. (Repeated twice with different tokens and monsters) I was using the command&nbsp;!shaped-import-statblock I tried those commands also (Kaelev). Same errors coming up in my console. THANK YOU for opening an issue on github! I responded there, but will respond here as well. Did the import fail? Sometimes, even when though the import succeeds, that error happens. It is a Roll20 error, not a script error. We aren't sure why Roll20 is complaining even though nothing went wrong, but it does...
@Brunhine: The text that comes up when using !shaped-config isn't clickable. &nbsp;It's regular text.
OK, I'm finally back to where I can load up a game... You are absolutely correct. I swear, this was working when I shipped it to you all. I will get it fixed ASAP
OK, found the issue. not sure where it came from, but if you go into the script, scroll down to line 1784 and replace the line that says: return h + innerHtml ? '&gt;' + innerHtml + ' ' : '/&gt;'; and make it say: return h += innerHtml ? '&gt;' + innerHtml + ' ' : '/&gt;'; I am pushing this change as we speak.
Awesome! Thank you!
Kaelev said: Awesome! Thank you! No problem, sorry about the issue in the first place. Hope you like the config interface!

Edited 1460616384
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey all, This was totally my bad (well, my editor's as well) - some code got munged in a code cleanup that I did after Brunhine had committed. Apologies for the inconvenience - I've been a bit stressed out in the last few days and have made a lot of stupid mistakes...&nbsp; Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
@Kaelev: the statblock thing we know about; the problem is that the token action macro is "hiding" the sheet roll because they have the same name. I'll push a temporary fix but I need Kryx to decide on how he wants to handle this more permanently because he has strong views on naming in relationship to the sheet and 5e standard terminology and it's not clear how we work round this one. the regional effects and lairs thing. This is because the other abilities (legendaries etc) are done as individual abilities made inside the script based on the character attributes, whereas the lairs and regionals ones are just calling macros that are internal to the sheet. I'll raise an enhancement to have those options check for the presence of lairs and regionals before creating the token action. @alexander: Where are you putting your statblock? Some people get confused by this initially. You need to create a token for your monster, and then paste the statblock into the GM notes for the token, not a character represented by the token. I might change this to be more tolerant because so many people get caught out by this.
Zym
Sheet Author
Hi. I got that bit right. Perhaps I am using the wrong character sheet. I guessed to use the srd5 roll20 sheet, yet you have said use kryxs sheet. Where can I find that link? Will it cause bother for my player character who already rolled up their characters.

Edited 1460617981
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Alexander, This script is only compatible with the 5th Edition (Shapedv2) character sheet. You can either use the version in the drop-down list in the game settings page, or you can install the very latest version from github directly as a custom sheet by following the instructions here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3212109/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3212109/5e-shape</a>... The OGL and Shaped sheets are not compatible , and as far as I am aware there is no automated way of converting between them at the moment. You will not lose any data by installing a different character sheet, but they store information in different attributes and consequently you will not be able to access a lot of the information you have input while you are using a new sheet. Sadly, at this point, if you wish to switch character sheets, the recommended way of doing it is: &nbsp;copy your campaign,&nbsp; switch the character sheet for the new campaign, open the two campaigns side by side in separate browsers manually re-enter any hand-created characters/npcs (minus spells) reimport monsters and spells using the Shaped Script It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I'm afraid that's the way it is at the moment :-( Lucian
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While it sounds bad that conversion process would take less than an hour for PCs and monsters/spells can be dragged from the compendium or imported