Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion v6+

Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would be !setattr --auto_revert_advantage|1 --allgm

Edited 1488451600
Lucian said: @Jim W. Turn-based recharge should now work. This feature is quite fragile and potentially relies on interactions with other scripts, so I'd expect there to be problems with it initially. Testing would be appreciated! When the turn tracker is open, advancing the turn order should trigger a "Turn Recharge" for the character that moves to the head of the initiative order. If this is a monster with Recharge X-6 type powers, it will automatically roll a d6 for each power (using API rolls, so no 3d dice) and tell you whether or not the power was recharged, and what the passing/failing roll was. Things like dragons are not ideal in that the Recharge is listed on a "dummy action" that doesn't actually do anything, but is a heading for all of the other breath weapons. I don't think there's much Kryx and I can do about this within the current Roll20 framework. You'll have to click the "Breath Weapons" action first, and then click onto the actual one you want each time. Clicking the "Breath Weapons" action will warn you if it isn't recharged and decrement the uses if it is. OK so I have finally gotten round to some testing here - NPC sheet only. Issues: When I sort the list the fastest creature gets a turn recharge.  This introduces a turn-list management issue, in that I will sort the list during the game for a number of reasons such as adding an arriving/hidden monster, or players forgetting to roll initiative, etc.  Usually I sort it when the first character gets to the top again - so would then get 2 recharges.  OTOH In the very first turn they would miss a recharge if not done by sort - although this is usually not an issue as creatures rarely have uses expended previous to the encounter starting. Suggest [if possible] that turn refresh is not triggered by sort.  Otherwise I'll create a dummy Init 99 item to always come top. When the test creature has all output whispered, the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.  Suggest this should take notice of sheet output settings. When the test creature is on the GM layer the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.   I suspect this is something that cannot be detected, but I use this for creatures in hiding so with Issues 1 & 2 above this is a more serious thing. When the test creature is on the Map layer the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.  I use this for visible but unknown creatures.  Gargoyles or unidentified.  As #3 When the uses per turn is >1 all uses recharge.  Not an issue, just a feature to be aware of. I clicked the uses thing twice in quick suggestion.  Both outputs had same number of recharges, but both were reduced from total.  I doubt anything can be done about this, given the way Roll20 works. Hide Recharge hides the part of the Action that shows recharge, but does nothing with recharges output.  Logically if you're hiding it, hide both?  EDIT: Adding an entry to the list triggered the turn recharge, but not on retest. odd
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: So, to clarify, there are a few different classes of output for the script: Results of GM-only script commands, like !shaped-import-monster. Any output is whispered to the GM Results of commands not-limited to GM, such as !shaped-rest or !shaped-import-spell. Currently, these are whispered to the player that issued them. In the case of !shaped-rest, it could be argued that they should also be shown to the GM. Unprompted script messages - startup errors etc. These are always whispered to GM. Messages that result from changes to attributes/tokens. Currently these are the advantage tracker announcing changes to Roll settings - which has it's own settings in !shaped-config and can either announce publicly or just to the GM; and the HP roller, which always whispers to GM Messages that result from actions taken in response to roll template output from the sheet. When you cast a spell, roll a death save, roll HD, use a trait, etc, etc, the script reads the chat message that results from this, and takes some action, like decrementing spell slots. Sometimes, the script needs to output a message as a result, such as telling you you have no spell slots left.  At the moment, the script checks to see if the original message that triggered it was a whisper (which will be determined by sheet settings). If it was, then the script whispers any messages it might have to the player who did the original roll; otherwise it sends messages publicly.  Keep as is Change : Rest should whisper to the player and the GM. It is not relevant to anyone else. Keep as is I never saw the appeal to the announcement of advantage. I've always turned it off and it should be off by default imo. Change : These messages should always be whispered to the GM and the player. It should not be dependent on the output of the roll. This information is only relevant to the player and to the GM - not anyone else.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Keep as is Change : Rest should whisper to the player and the GM. It is not relevant to anyone else. Keep as is I never saw the appeal to the announcement of advantage. I've always turned it off and it should be off by default imo. Change : These messages should always be whispered to the GM and the player. It should not be dependent on the output of the roll. This information is only relevant to the player and to the GM - not anyone else. I'm not completely convinced about (5). I think a lot depends on how you run your campaign, but if you cast a spell, use a power etc, and that ends up in the chat as a record of your action, I'd argue that it's highly relevant to all players if it turns out that e.g. you couldn't cast that spell after all, because you didn't have enough slots left. If the output of the original action was relevant to the other players (i.e. you weren't whispering it) then the thing that says "hey, you can't actually do that" is surely also relevant? If I were to include something that gave you a uses count/slot count immediately after each use/cast, then I'd agree that this is something that's really only relevant to the player and the GM, irrespective of the whisper setting.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Issues: When I sort the list the fastest creature gets a turn recharge.  This introduces a turn-list management issue, in that I will sort the list during the game for a number of reasons such as adding an arriving/hidden monster, or players forgetting to roll initiative, etc.  Usually I sort it when the first character gets to the top again - so would then get 2 recharges.  OTOH In the very first turn they would miss a recharge if not done by sort - although this is usually not an issue as creatures rarely have uses expended previous to the encounter starting. Suggest [if possible] that turn refresh is not triggered by sort.  Otherwise I'll create a dummy Init 99 item to always come top. When the test creature has all output whispered, the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.  Suggest this should take notice of sheet output settings. When the test creature is on the GM layer the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.   I suspect this is something that cannot be detected, but I use this for creatures in hiding so with Issues 1 & 2 above this is a more serious thing. When the test creature is on the Map layer the Turn Recharge is still visible to all.  I use this for visible but unknown creatures.  Gargoyles or unidentified.  As #3 When the uses per turn is >1 all uses recharge.  Not an issue, just a feature to be aware of. I clicked the uses thing twice in quick suggestion.  Both outputs had same number of recharges, but both were reduced from total.  I doubt anything can be done about this, given the way Roll20 works. Hide Recharge hides the part of the Action that shows recharge, but does nothing with recharges output.  Logically if you're hiding it, hide both? Thanks, this is great! Responses: This is very tricky. All I get is an event saying the turn order has changed, along with current and previous state. At the moment I detect if the turn order is the same length as before and contains the same items, and if so I assume it's a turn change. I could try and limit it to only running when the top turn moves to the bottom, but this would exclude cases where you deliberately move a creature multiple steps to the top of the turn order and this still signifies a valid turn change. I think probably the only reasonable solution to this problem is for me to include a command to switch turn refreshes on and off, so that  you can do this before you make modifications that aren't a turn advancement. By the way, you might also want to consider checking out GroupInitiative and TurnMarker by Aaron - these scripts might well remove a lot of the manually fiddling with turn order that you currently seem to be doing. Also, you should be aware that there's no need to defer adding tokens on the GM layer to the turn order - they will be hidden from the players anyway, so generally I just roll initiative for them up front and keep them on the GM layer until they need to spring into action and be revealed. To be honest, I think I'm just going to whisper the turn recharges to the character in all cases. It solves (3) and (4) as well and I'm not sure that even in very open games it makes sense to be spewing this monster management stuff to the players See (2) See (2) Yes, why would it be otherwise? Yeah, not much than can be done about that. Hmm. Not sure that they're really the same thing. Hide recharge is about controlling the roll template output when you click a power with uses + recharge. That's useful if you want public output but want to limit the amount of detail that you're showing to your players. Having that also control something that displays when these things recharge is quite different. In the end I think this will be made irrelevant by (2) anyway.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Addendum. To reduce chat spam, I'm also going to suppress the turn recharge message if it has no content.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm @Jim W. I can't reproduce (2) as it stands (I'm probably still going to change the behaviour slightly). I have a monster set to whisper to GM and when the turn order changes its Turn Recharge is whispered.
On 1. The way you suggest doing things is how I do it, and why issues 2 and 3 exist.  Not sure how the scripts you mention would help, I do not fiddle with the turn order as much as I may have implied.  I like your solution of whispering and the addendum - adding the Turn Start item to the list will then only be needed if I'm going to sort the list after we start, if we have any used charges from before.

Edited 1488456063
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: I'm not completely convinced about (5). I think a lot depends on how you run your campaign If it depends on how the game is run then it should be a configurable option. For my games I never want my PCs to know the current uses. Example: I have some rogue-type NPCs with sneak-attack like features. I've had to set their uses to 50+ to avoid trait police. Even then in an old version it'd still show the trait police even if there were enough uses. I'm sure that's fixed by now, but it was spamming my users with information -  information that I didn't necessarily want them to have. This problem was just exaggerated due to the bug, but the users being told about the uses of a monster's ability is not desired in my games at all.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: On 1. The way you suggest doing things is how I do it, and why issues 2 and 3 exist.  Not sure how the scripts you mention would help, I do not fiddle with the turn order as much as I may have implied.  I like your solution of whispering and the addendum - adding the Turn Start item to the list will then only be needed if I'm going to sort the list after we start, if we have any used charges from before. How I run initiative (I don't expect everyone to like this, but hey, it works for me): Select all tokens involved in the combat, including PCs.  Run !group-init All tokens now have initiative rolled, are in the turn tracker, and are sorted. As things stand, this will generate a turn recharge for the monster at the head of the initiative order, which is somewhat desirable for reasons you state. Because the adding and sorting is done in a single operation by GroupInitiative, you don't get multitple turn recharges firing; because the GM does everything in one quick step, there's no "oops I forgot to roll initiative" either. Each player has an "End Turn" button. When they've finished their turn, they click it, and it runs the !eot command from TurnMarker. !eot doesn't work if it's not your turn. (Turn Marker also announces non-hidden turns and marks the correct whose turn it is. Not relevant to this discussion, but nice for keeping things moving/clear) If new creatures appear, I add them to the initiative order in the same way as above using !group-init. As things stand I think there's a possibility that this will generate a spurious turn recharge for the item at the head of the list, but I've asked Aaron if he can give supply a bit more information in his event callbacks so I can avoid this. The downside is that it means players don't roll their own initiative, which I'm sure many people won't like. For me, the enormous reduction in pre-combat faff more than outweighs this.
Quick Question- loving the new sheet and script but unable to find the command to create macros for racial, class and feat traits. 
Zym
Sheet Author
@Lucian e a question about how people use the sheet output options. Does anyone play with PCs whispering sheet output to the GM? The reason I ask is because I recently changed a bunch of things like the Uses Police, HD restore etc. No I never set player to whisper to GM. The only time I think I would consider is Death Saves. Temporarily, occasionally I may want a player to hide his rolls to me only, but this is very rare and situational.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Lucian said: I'm not completely convinced about (5). I think a lot depends on how you run your campaign If it depends on how the game is run then it should be a configurable option. For my games I never want my PCs to know the current uses. Example: I have some rogue-type NPCs with sneak-attack like features. I've had to set their uses to 50+ to avoid trait police. Even then in an old version it'd still show the trait police even if there were enough uses. I'm sure that's fixed by now, but it was spamming my users with information -  information that I didn't necessarily want them to have. This problem was just exaggerated due to the bug, but the users being told about the uses of a monster's ability is not desired in my games at all. So if I'm understanding you right, you run these characters with sheet_output set to public, but you hide uses because you don't want that information shown. I'd suggest that the "option" here probably already exists. If "hide_recharge" is set I can ensure that the Uses Police for a character is whispered even if the original trait was sent to public chat. I'm also coming round to Jim's idea that perhaps the turn recharge should be determined by this setting as well, even though it's slightly different.
Lucian said: Hmm @Jim W. I can't reproduce (2) as it stands (I'm probably still going to change the behaviour slightly). I have a monster set to whisper to GM and when the turn order changes its Turn Recharge is whispered. I changed the charcater to not use Target AC and then retested and issue 2 did not occur.  Switched back, and still works correctly.  I tried various scenarios to see if I could get it to not work, and each time it did.  Checked back on chat history and clearly it did not work when I was testing.  Therefore must have been some data read issue - so roll20 issue?  When I last played I rolled recharge openly for a Dragon that the players knew was there, but could not see.  Added a nice edge to the tension .. although it failed 10+ 5-6's in a row. Logically neither Always Whisper and Whisper if sheet set to Whisper work in all cases, as most GMs will want to make attacks open, and yet recharges  may be either open, or whispered. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: Run !group-init I've always wanted to use group-init, but it is difficult to setup and it's not accurate to the Shaped sheet unless you add 6 fields to the initiative roll and 6 fields to the tiebreaker: dex dex bonus dex ability check bonus initiative bonus global ability check bonus remarkable athlete/Jack of all trades Additionally it does not adapt to changes on the sheet - for example if one character doesn't use dex for initiative then group-init fails. I've always hoped someone would write a group-init that works with Shaped, using the built in initiative macro. I wouldn't recommend using group-init as it currently stands.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Gary W. said: Quick Question- loving the new sheet and script but unable to find the command to create macros for racial, class and feat traits.  Sorry, the docs haven't been updated. You want !shaped-abilities --racialTraits --classFeatures --feats (or --racialTraitsMacro etc if you wan the chat window macro version rather than token actions for each item)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: So if I'm understanding you right, you run these characters with sheet_output set to public, but you hide uses because you don't want that information shown. I'd suggest that the "option" here probably already exists. If "hide_recharge" is set I can ensure that the Uses Police for a character is whispered even if the original trait was sent to public chat. I'm also coming round to Jim's idea that perhaps the turn recharge should be determined by this setting as well, even though it's slightly different. I worry about this architecture, but it sounds like it'd work.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Lucian said: Run !group-init I've always wanted to use group-init, but it is difficult to setup and it's not accurate to the Shaped sheet unless you add 6 fields to the initiative roll and 6 fields to the tiebreaker: dex dex bonus dex ability check bonus initiative bonus global ability check bonus remarkable athlete/Jack of all trades Additionally it does not adapt to changes on the sheet - for example if one character doesn't use dex for initiative then group-init fails. I've always hoped someone would write a group-init that works with Shaped, using the built in initiative macro. I wouldn't recommend using group-init as it currently stands. Why do you have to do this? I just have a stat bonus set as "bare" pointing at initiative, along with a tie breaker also pointing at initiative. It seems to work fine, since the initiative attribute incorporates all the other bonuses already.
I do the same as Lucian, seems to work and I have never noticed any discrepancies.

Edited 1488459851
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Using initiative group-init doesn't support the following: non-integer bonuses. Example: "1d4" (Guidance). Either on "initiative_bonus" or "global_ability_check_bonus" rolling advantage on initiative (Barbarian I think it is) proficiency dice I'll ask aaron if he can instead call a function on the sheet for a result, but I'm sceptical he'd want to do that.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Using initiative group-init doesn't support the following: non-integer bonuses. Example: "1d4" (bless). Either on "initiative_bonus" or "global_ability_check_bonus" rolling advantage on initiative (Barbarian I think it is) proficiency dice I'll ask aaron if he can instead call a function on the sheet for a result, but I'm sceptical he'd want to do that. 1. Bless doesn't work on initiative. Guidance would, but that seems like a fringe case. 2. I think he wants to do that eventually. 3. True. I'm only using it for monsters (where none of the above items are really issues), and it works great. I never want to roll individual initiative again.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm not opposed to adding support to GroupInitiative for this.  2) is already on my highly requested list.  1) should work, but there are probably some cases it doesn't.  3) I have to look into. I'm intrigued by the idea of calling a function on the sheet for a given token.  I'm not sure it can work, but I'm happy to try and make it work! 

Edited 1488462116
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: 1. Bless doesn't work on initiative. Guidance would, but that seems like a fringe case. 2. I think he wants to do that eventually. 3. True. Guidance is the actually accurate case. I actually think it's a really common case. Example: A group is walking into a room. A Cleric says a prayer: "Lord, if there are any evil beings beyond this wall then grant me quickness to strike them down". As a Cleric I'd use guidance before every known combat. Adding this as a configuration option makes group-init difficult to setup and difficult to maintain across characters. Aaron and I are looking at it to see if we can setup some way for group-init to use the formula which will give an accurate result. It seems to be working with a certain setup, but it has strange tooltips. I'll update here, likely with changes for the sheet around this and maybe changes on the group-init script if needed.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
BTW, my Booklock Warlock uses Guidance on EVERY INITIATIVE. =D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I think we've got a workable solution with a minor addition by Kryx and some cleanup by me (It breaks the way the bonus is displayed in the tool tip).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As part of  version 10.1.1 the Shaped sheet will work with group-init if you follow the instructions in the documentation . Aaron will add some hook to group-init to detect Shaped and automatically set this up in the near future.
not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've never been able to get group init to work, still won't work with the steps listed above. It adds all the tokens selected to the turn tracker but they're all set to 0

Edited 1488479673
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did you install Shaped 10.1.1 and open the relevant sheets (thus upgrading them)?
Yeah it's actually telling me there is an error with the shaped companion script and to consult the log, how do I do that?
Ethan M. said: Yeah it's actually telling me there is an error with the shaped companion script and to consult the log, how do I do that? You go to your settings/API scripts. Then look in API Output console. There should be a few lines of error text there. Copy those to here so we can see them and better help you.   
Salicar said: You go to your settings/API scripts. Then look in API Output console. There should be a few lines of error text there. Copy those to here so we can see them and better help you.    Weird thing is there are no error text lines there, and it's not actually saying there's an error anymore just setting all the initiatives to 0. I followed these commands : !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group initiative_formula And am using the latest version of the companion script, character sheet, and group init script. Not too worried about it as I can just do each by hand and only take a second or two longer but it's weird because it should be working
Lucian said: How I run initiative (I don't expect everyone to like this, but hey, it works for me): Select all tokens involved in the combat, including PCs.  -----SNIP----- The downside is that it means players don't roll their own initiative, which I'm sure many people won't like. For me, the enormous reduction in pre-combat faff more than outweighs this. That's the beauty of Aaron's Group Init. The first thing it checks is if the token is all ready in the turn order, and ignores them if they are. Once all my PC's roll init, I select the entire battle and hit Group Init for rolling the NPC's init, and sorting. It's one of those things where you wont even know how you did it before the script.

Edited 1488522119
Weird thing is there are no error text lines there, and it's not actually saying there's an error anymore just setting all the initiatives to 0. I followed these commands : !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group initiative_formula And am using the latest version of the companion script, character sheet, and group init script. Not too worried about it as I can just do each by hand and only take a second or two longer but it's weird because it should be working these are the commands i run but i don't use in my new game. Not sure how it works with new up dates.  !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --stat-dnd initiative_bonus !group-init Hmm with no error not sure what the problem is.   Might have to post it in Aaron's Group init thread. As he will be better to solve the problem. Sorry.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: !group-init --add-group --stat-dnd initiative_bonus "initiative_bonus" is the extra amount for initiative and would definitely not work. The only accurate way to use it for the Shaped sheet is with the documentation I put above. Other ways may work in some situations. I've updated the documentation to use "--bare". It was working for aaron and I yesterday, though he may have put a new version on my test campaign. I'll verify later tonight.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
7.2.0 (2017-03-03) Bug Fixes output: Prevent duplicate messages when whispering to GM ( 75aae55 ) turn-recharge: Tweaks to make it work better with GroupInit ( 306b05a ) Features turn-recharge: Add config option to turn turn recharges on/off ( 5e2b355 ) This should fix an error when changing turns to a token that doesn't represent a character, and should also make it work a little smoother with GroupInitiative. For those of using GroupInitiative, if you're adding new combatants to an existing combat, I'd recommend that you wait until the end of a round (just before you flip back to the top of the order) and then add. Group Initiative will slot the new creatures in, resort the list, and flip you to the new head of the initiative order ready for the next round, all in one operation that will fire only one turn recharge. I think this covers the worst of the problems, but I've added a config option to switch this on and off. If you want to bind macros to this for easy access you need: !shaped-config --sheetEnhancements.turnRecharges true !shaped-config --sheetEnhancements.turnRecharges false Please note that turnRecharges are now off by default, you will need to turn them on in !shaped-config if you want to use them.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: Please note that turnRecharges are now off by default, you will need to turn them on in !shaped-config if you want to use them. Why? Shouldn't they be on by default if a character has things based on turn recharging, such as sneak attack or monsters with breath weapons?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Lucian said: Please note that turnRecharges are now off by default, you will need to turn them on in !shaped-config if you want to use them. Why? Shouldn't they be on by default if a character has things based on turn recharging, such as sneak attack or monsters with breath weapons? Well, I figured that given the potential interactions with outside factors like turn tracker scripts + the turn tracker itself, it might be better for people to make a conscious choice about this... but happy to change it if people think it should be on by default...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The ideal, imo, is that everything "just works" by default. So I'd say that recharging a 1/turn on the top of the turn order follows that if it can be done following happy paths. A happy path being adding everything to initiative and then sorting and going through normally. I'm sure there are other cases, but I'd hope that this typical case would work with the recharge. I think the above troubles are unique to a specific workflow? Maybe there are technical problems with making recharge work with the happy path I put above. If so I hope we could address them. If we can't solve then we'd have to decide the options then.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I think it's ok for the normal cases. If you add creatures to the turn tracker 1 by 1 manually, and then sort it, the script will try and do a turn recharge for the first creature into the list, and then another one when the list is sorted, if this puts a different creature at the top. Given that the script suppresses turn recharges that don't do anything, and given that creatures ought to start combat with /turn powers at maximum, I think this is OK. I *think* that adding creatures to the initiative order manually later on and then sorting should also work ok, because manual adds will be at the bottom until the sort is done and so won't change the head of the order. Let's wait and see if any of the usual suspects find problems with it and then if not I'll change it to be on by default.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Lucian said: I *think* that adding creatures to the initiative order manually later on and then sorting should also work ok, because manual adds will be at the bottom until the sort is done and so won't change the head of the order. ... except if you do this part way through a round; but in that case resorting the turn order is going to break things anyway, since you will temporarily make it the turn of the creature with the highest initiative, and then have to bump your way down through the turn order to the creature whose turn it was before you started fiddling around with things. So don't add creatures to the initiative until the end of the round!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That process was my understanding as well, cool. Sounds like a plan, thanks.
(Don't know if you'd prefer this on here or on github Lucian) Script: 7.2.0 When using !shaped-import-monster, default token bars (in this case for 'HP') are not being set as part of the import. Other default things are set on the token (token actions, etc) and, if !shaped-apply-defaults is run then the bar is set correctly. I've tried this with a few random monsters ("Orc" and "Ogre") and it seems to be consistent amongst them. The API console seems to indicate something missing so I'm wondering if it's related to this: <a href="https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0247edce1295c1c2603bfd2cd5d7b72c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0247edce1295c1c2603bfd2cd5d7b72c</a> EDIT: If I then drag the created character onto the desktop, the bars are created as expected. It only seems to be on the actual token instance that the script is run on that causes the issue.
Other issue, same details as above: Sheet: 10.1.1 (as it might be relevant this time) The imported characters all seem to have two sets of skills; all skills are duplicated in their lists. EDIT: Dragging and dropping from the SRD doesn't seem to cause this.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
James M. said: Other issue, same details as above: Sheet: 10.1.1 (as it might be relevant this time) The imported characters all seem to have two sets of skills; all skills are duplicated in their lists. EDIT: Dragging and dropping from the SRD doesn't seem to cause this. I suspect this is the same as/related to: <a href="https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-script" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/symposion/roll20-shaped-script</a>... . I was really hoping that if I buried my head in the sand and pretended that it hadn't happened, it wouldn't happen again. Apparently that isn't a valid approach to fixing bugs. Sigh. I strongly suspect that this is related to all the issues I've reported against the API sheetworkers code. I'm hoping that Riley will track down and fix some of these (before he leaves! eeek!). If they persist I may need to talk to Kryx about adjusting the way we run the sheetworkers or I may have to write some sort of god-awful munging fixup function that tries to unpick the mess after import.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
James M. said: (Don't know if you'd prefer this on here or on github Lucian) Script: 7.2.0 When using !shaped-import-monster, default token bars (in this case for 'HP') are not being set as part of the import. Other default things are set on the token (token actions, etc) and, if !shaped-apply-defaults is run then the bar is set correctly. I've tried this with a few random monsters ("Orc" and "Ogre") and it seems to be consistent amongst them. The API console seems to indicate something missing so I'm wondering if it's related to this: <a href="https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0247edce1295c1c2603bfd2cd5d7b72c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0247edce1295c1c2603bfd2cd5d7b72c</a> EDIT: If I then drag the created character onto the desktop, the bars are created as expected. It only seems to be on the actual token instance that the script is run on that causes the issue. Yes. I think in the move to API sheetworker-based import, the functionality got broken for the initial token. I can probably look at changing the order that stuff happens to fix this. Could you make a github issue for me? Thanks!
silly question, just for a change. Is there a way to import a number of NPCs&nbsp;each using the 'commoner' base using the shaped-import-monster? &nbsp;they will each have their own names, just&nbsp;be all commoners?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!shaped-monster --commoner --as Servant !shaped-monster --commoner --as Barman !shaped-monster --commoner --as Drunk

Edited 1488571812
Thank you :) You really do think of everything.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Sorry, I have deleted my previous post. A bit more testing on dev has revealed a lot of problems - it's not worth you guys wasting your time :-(