Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Shaped Companion v6+

Edited 1490070282
Hey @ Lucian I'm trying to do a weird thing, in particular re-roll HP for about 40 tokens on page. Not sure if it's even worth a feature request, but maybe  !shaped-apply-defaults command should have an option to roll health on tokens if 'roll HP on drop' option is enabled? As it's now I tried to highjack function that assigns sheet attribute to token bar, so it would recognize and roll formula but it doesn't seem to be that simple. Is there an easy change I can make in code to maybe manually call  setTokenBarsOnDrop function for every token processed by  !shaped-apply-defaults command? I understand if there's no easy way, just thought it's worth to ask. EDIT: I was able to do it with ugly copy\pasting. Would still like to see this feature though )
Seeking Guidance. The documentation on Statblock's says: Trait and action names need to be title case and end with a full stop, like in the MM Yet there is only Normal, quote, code, and headers 1-5 available in the Token GM notes. I have not worried about this, as import from statblock seems to work without - in my limited experience.  However I'm stuck with a creature where the import results make no sense. So my question is: How do I ensure that Traits are picked up correctly, rather than having a trait name with a space sometimes being split so the first word is on it;s own at the bottom of the previous trait? How do I ensure that Actions are picked up correctly, rather than being merged together?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Seeking Guidance. The documentation on Statblock's says: Trait and action names need to be title case and end with a full stop, like in the MM Yet there is only Normal, quote, code, and headers 1-5 available in the Token GM notes. I have not worried about this, as import from statblock seems to work without - in my limited experience.  However I'm stuck with a creature where the import results make no sense. So my question is: How do I ensure that Traits are picked up correctly, rather than having a trait name with a space sometimes being split so the first word is on it;s own at the bottom of the previous trait? How do I ensure that Actions are picked up correctly, rather than being merged together? Title Case Just Means Use Uppercase for All the Words Except Articles, Conjunctions and Prepositions. You shouldn't use styles in the GM Notes at all. It's probably easier to edit the text in a plain text editor outside Roll20 and then paste it in afterwards, but that's up to you. If you post some specific examples of things that aren't working as you expect then I should be able to tell you where you're going wrong...
Ah!  I removed all formatting by copy to Notepad and back, even though there was nothing apparant.  This fixed the issues.  Thanks.  Must remember that! Thanks again.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Ah!  I removed all formatting by copy to Notepad and back, even though there was nothing apparant.  This fixed the issues.  Thanks.  Must remember that! Thanks again. Yes, the formatting puts in all sorts of hidden nonsense that confuses the script. You want absolutely Plain Text and Nothing Else! :-)
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Roman said: Hey @ Lucian I'm trying to do a weird thing, in particular re-roll HP for about 40 tokens on page. Not sure if it's even worth a feature request, but maybe  !shaped-apply-defaults command should have an option to roll health on tokens if 'roll HP on drop' option is enabled? As it's now I tried to highjack function that assigns sheet attribute to token bar, so it would recognize and roll formula but it doesn't seem to be that simple. Is there an easy change I can make in code to maybe manually call  setTokenBarsOnDrop function for every token processed by  !shaped-apply-defaults command? I understand if there's no easy way, just thought it's worth to ask. EDIT: I was able to do it with ugly copy\pasting. Would still like to see this feature though ) Hey, Sorry I missed this. I think that something along these lines would be helpful. I'll make a ticket for it and have a think about how best to do it.
>think about how best to do it My thought were along the line of allowing rols in attributes assigned to a bar. So if I were to link token bar1 with attribute `[[hp_formula]]` it would get rolled. That was one of the thing I tried when I needed it. I'm not sure how calling chat API to check if there's any inline roll will effect the performace or if there's easier way, But it stands to reason that there might be an option to link token bar to hp_formula instead of HP itself.

Edited 1490308730
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
8.2.0 (2017-03-23) Features config: Add settings for Automatically roll damage ( e7b0afc ), closes #395 config: Tidy up config display + align with latest sheet ( 68e7146 ), closes #409 entity-lister: Add filters for ritual and concentration ( b1cca99 ), closes #403 import: Add new spell/monster lister UI ( e5c31fc ) import: Include SRD content in main script build ( 74366e0 ) Please note: You should install 11.0.2 sheet or later for this release or a bunch of stuff will look Wonky due to some changes in how the chat output is styled. Ok, so the big change here is the addition of two new commands - !shaped-monsters and !shaped-spells. When you run these, it will output a scrollable list of all of the monsters/spells in the chat window, along with filter buttons to allow you to narrow the list down by things like type, CR, school, class, etc. For the !shaped-spells , you need a character token selected, or you need to pass a character id like !shaped-spells --character @{Tenser|character_id} This is because clicking on any of the spells will import them to that character, or delete them from that character if already present. Clicking monster names for !shaped-monsters will import them; as yet there clicking a monster that is already imported won't remove it, but I'm thinking of adding this functionality. If you liked the old "Click to select a monster/spell" query input, it's still available as a link at the top of the monsters/spells listings - so you'll need to switch from doing !shaped-import-spell to !shaped-spells to continue using this feature. Have a play and let me know what you think! Since the script  now does so much with JSON monsters/spells, it seemed like it was a good time to give you all a headstart with populating your JSON databases. The script now comes with all the SRD monsters and spells built in. If you already have monster/spell files installed, you will need to find/make updated versions as there have been minor tweaks to the format. Enjoy!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Roman said: >think about how best to do it My thought were along the line of allowing rols in attributes assigned to a bar. So if I were to link token bar1 with attribute `[[hp_formula]]` it would get rolled. That was one of the thing I tried when I needed it. I'm not sure how calling chat API to check if there's any inline roll will effect the performace or if there's easier way, But it stands to reason that there might be an option to link token bar to hp_formula instead of HP itself. Interesting. I'll have a look at how feasible that is. One potentially problem is that this will break for linked attributes, since you can't link a token bar to a roll. HP is a special case because it has the hp_formula attribute, and I'm not really keen on using that because it relies on me duplicating a bunch of other stuff about how the sheet handles HP rolling inside the script. I guess with appropriate error messages/warnings etc this will probably be ok though. As I say, I'll give it some thought.

Edited 1490308717
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Postscript to my release notes: Please note: You should install 11.0.2 sheet or later for this release or a bunch of stuff will look Wonky due to some changes in how the chat output is styled.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: import: Add new spell/monster lister UI ( e5c31fc ) import: Include SRD content in main script build ( 74366e0 ) Ok, so the big change here is the addition of two new commands - !shaped-monsters and !shaped-spells. When you run these, it will output a scrollable list of all of the monsters/spells in the chat window, along with filter buttons to allow you to narrow the list down by things like type, CR, school, class, etc. Woohoo! Lucian and I have been working on this for a few weeks now and I'm quiite pleased with the end results. I will take some screenshots tomorrow - the filtering is really handy. Let us know if you have any feedback.

Edited 1490326221
Lucian said: The script now comes with all the SRD monsters and spells built in. If you already have monster/spell files installed, you will need to find/make updated versions as there have been minor tweaks to the format. Is there any easy way to do this, or would I have to go through one by one making changes? I have tons of monsters in a custom database. Edit:  Apparently the author of the database I'm using already updated it. That was surprisingly fast.
Kryx said: Lucian said: import: Add new spell/monster lister UI ( e5c31fc ) import: Include SRD content in main script build ( 74366e0 ) Ok, so the big change here is the addition of two new commands - !shaped-monsters and !shaped-spells. When you run these, it will output a scrollable list of all of the monsters/spells in the chat window, along with filter buttons to allow you to narrow the list down by things like type, CR, school, class, etc. Woohoo! Lucian and I have been working on this for a few weeks now and I'm quiite pleased with the end results. I will take some screenshots tomorrow - the filtering is really handy. Let us know if you have any feedback. Oh wow, those new commands are beautiful. I love how well you've made them work with the roll template
This is absolutely glorious. Is the next step being able to save different slates of prepared spells? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some screenshots: Spells Here is the full SRD list: And here I filter for 1st level evocation spells that don't require concentration Monsters Here is the full SRD list: and here I filter for undead monsters of CR 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 It'll have some more features added and some slight changes here and there, but there it is! :)

Edited 1490362401
Couple of oddities from the game played today with new versions. 1. One player forgot HP do not go negative and got a message when hit Death Save saying Death Save not needed as HP is positive.  HP was -3.  2. Token actions had to be re-created. 3. One character has the add buttons no longer working.  Dropped in new sell and it replace one.  Deleted one and still could not add.  Same sheet had issues ith AC calcs going wrong.  We going to redo the character from scratch as only just levelling to 2nd level.  Able to add spells by !Shaped-spell-import. EDITED to add more info
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Couple of oddities from the game played today with new versions. 1. One player forgot HP do not go negative and got a message when hit Death Save saying Death Save not needed as HP is positive.  HP was -3.  Yeah, the logic here isn't as precise as it ought to be. Will fix that. 2. Token actions had to be re-created. You're going to have to give more than that if you want me to do anything about it. What was wrong? What errors did you see? Which token actions were affected? 3. One character has the add buttons no longer working.  Dropped in enw sell and it replace one.  Deleted one and still could not add.  We going to redo the character from scratch as only just levelling to 2nd level. Which add buttons? Ok, I'm just trying to parse "Dropped in enw sell and it replace one" - I'm *guessing* you meant "Dropped in new spell and it replaced an existing spell". This is how the drag and drop functionality works, yes. The failure of the add button is a problem though. It's a sheet issue and you should post on the sheet thread. Please don't delete the character if you see this in time - I'm sure Kryx will want to see it and work out what's going on if possible.
2. Token actions had to be re-created. You're going to have to give more than that if you want me to do anything about it. What was wrong? What errors did you see? Which token actions were affected? Ah.  I asumed this was due to upgrade of sheet.  I think the token actions were set up while sheet was v10.  All token actions [except the one to bring up the menu to add new ones] game an error in chat such as this: Copy of Default settings|shaped_saving_throw_query  - the character was originally "copy of default settings" but had been renamed about 10 days ago.  I cannot find the other characters with errors - I simply recreated all the actions as we were playing and no time to investigate.

Edited 1490362959
Lucian said: 3. One character has the add buttons no longer working.  Dropped in enw sell and it replace one.  Deleted one and still could not add.  We going to redo the character from scratch as only just levelling to 2nd level. Which add buttons? Ok, I'm just trying to parse "Dropped in enw sell and it replace one" - I'm *guessing* you meant "Dropped in new spell and it replaced an existing spell". This is how the drag and drop functionality works, yes. The failure of the add button is a problem though. It's a sheet issue and you should post on the sheet thread. Please don't delete the character if you see this in time - I'm sure Kryx will want to see it and work out what's going on if possible. The ones under the spell list at each level.  Only affects one character and we are rebuilding him [as I edited in - in above message]. I had *INTENDED* to post in the character sheet thread.. human error! EDIT: None of these were game breaking, just oddities as I said
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Jim W. said: 2. Token actions had to be re-created. You're going to have to give more than that if you want me to do anything about it. What was wrong? What errors did you see? Which token actions were affected? Ah.  I asumed this was due to upgrade of sheet.  I think the token actions were set up while sheet was v10.  All token actions [except the one to bring up the menu to add new ones] game an error in chat such as this: Copy of Default settings|shaped_saving_throw_query  - the character was originally "copy of default settings" but had been renamed about 10 days ago.  I cannot find the other characters with errors - I simply recreated all the actions as we were playing and no time to investigate. Yeah, so if you create token actions manually, and you do it by name, renaming the character will break them. You can get round this by doing it by character id, which you can find by doing @{Bilbo Baggins|character_id} in the chat. The script used to create these by name quite a while ago, but these days it does them by id to avoid this problem.

Edited 1490363388
Lucian said: Yeah, so if you create token actions manually, and you do it by name, renaming the character will break them. You can get round this by doing it by character id, which you can find by doing @{Bilbo Baggins|character_id} in the chat. The script used to create these by name quite a while ago, but these days it does them by id to avoid this problem. I don't need to create them manually -so don't -  use the script as it is so good. 

Edited 1490533356
I have a custom database for monsters that's been working great. However, I'm trying to add some more monsters from Volo's Guide to Monsters to it. I've started with just two so far and I believe I've copied the format correctly and there are no errors whatsoever. The monsters show up in the monster list, and say they have successfully been imported. But, whenever I try to import them using !shaped-import-monster --[monsterName], the log replies with this: "5eShapedCompanion 1490531730448 ERROR : Failed to find or create character for monster Banderhobb" There's no explanation as to why or anything. I'm just posting here in case someone has encountered something like this before and knows of common things that can cause it. Since it shows up in !shaped-monsters, I'm assuming it's not an issue of finding it. *Update*  Okay, so I think I know what was happening. In the database, I had the name for the monster as Banderhobb rather than banderhobb. If it is upper-case, it seems to try to create a PC, while lower case makes a monster/NPC. I'm not sure why this happens, but at least I have it working.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Aaron, Actually the casing has nothing to do with it: this is because you already had a monster in your journal called Banderhobb, and it doesn't want to overwrite it. It *should* be telling you this in chat, but that's broken for some reason. I will look into this.
Lucian said: Hi Aaron, Actually the casing has nothing to do with it: this is because you already had a monster in your journal called Banderhobb, and it doesn't want to overwrite it. It *should* be telling you this in chat, but that's broken for some reason. I will look into this. Yeah, I just realized this because I tried importing a Grell that I'm certain works. I noticed I had a blank sheet called "Grell" already and I connected the dots with what was happening earlier with my own additions.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
8.3.0 (2017-03-28) Bug Fixes death-saves: Don't moan about negative HP ( 2c63292 ), closes #422 entity-lister: Ensure classes are always listed for spells ( 368a7a4 ) entity-lister: Improve concentration/ritual presentation ( 33b567d ) import: Stop Errors being swallowed for monster import ( 4f7dfda ), closes #431 Features custom-json: Implement better patch system for houserules ( ef93e8d ), closes #433 monster-list: Click to remove existing ( 8f57685 ), closes #436 token-defaults: Provide option to only link bars for PCs ( 1876f40 ), closes #402 The docs have also been updated a little to reflect recent changes to the script - thanks to Arno for helping with this and the PC-switch for bar linking. He also deserves some serious gratitude for gifting a copy of Volo's to me so that I can finally make some progress on improving the behaviour of the script with Compendium drag - really generous and will hopefully be the source of a bunch of improvement for the whole community! The major functional change that you will notice in this release is that the monster lister now calls out entries that already have a matching monster in the journal; clicking this will prompt you to remove the monster rather than trying to add another copy and erroring unhelpfully.

Edited 1490737382
Just tried 8.3.0 with sheet version 11.0.4. Got the following error: "5eShapedCompanion 1490736648031 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined" "5eShapedCompanion 1490736648032 ERROR : Incompatible sheet version undefined. You need at least version 11.0.0 to use this script. Please install an updated sheet."

Edited 1490744064
I too have sheet version 11.0.4 with script 8.3.0 and got exactly the same error.  I've tracked it back to the Map Lock, Aura/Tint HealthColors and Page Navigator scripts.  When I have any of them installed, I get the error.  When I have all of them disabled, everything loads correctly. "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -KgM7rWiTTcYq_Rz2I1J named version" "5eShapedCompanion 1490741853343 INFO : Detected sheet version as : undefined" "5eShapedCompanion 1490741853347 ERROR : Incompatible sheet version undefined. You need at least version 11.0.0 to use this script. Please install an updated sheet."
I use aura/tint and haven't had a problem with 11.0.4 and 8.3.0
@Mark and @techie, I had the same issue. When I disabled a script that interacted with the companion script, the issue went away. You might want to try that and see whether it helps.
Thorsten B. said: @Mark and @techie, I had the same issue. When I disabled a script that interacted with the companion script, the issue went away. You might want to try that and see whether it helps. Oh, I already have disabled the misbehaving scripts.  I just listed them to see if there was a common denominator among those scripts that could be worked around.  I really would like to use at least the HealthColors and the Page Navigator scripts eventually.

Edited 1490747724
I think I've found the issue. There was a delay coded into the script previously to allow a campaign to load fully plus create a test character called "SHAPED_VERSION_TESTER" to pull the version info from. The latest version of the script doesn't have the delay anymore so for people with larger campaigns, the test character doesn't get its attributes built in time for the script to pull the version info. I've tested reintroducing the delay code and it seems to work fine.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Urgh. The delay was removed because, *in theory* Riley has fixed the thing that made it necessary.  It looks like this isn't entirely the case. Sigh.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
8.3.1 (2017-03-29) Bug Fixes import: Allow previous name to import spells for monster ( 6cb8821 ), closes #439 import: Fix error with custom JSON that still has patch attribute ( 30a8f4e ) This should resolve problems that people have with 8.3.0 and older custom JSON files. I will look into the startup errors thing at some point today. Generally speaking restarting the sandbox *should* fix it, but if not, and if you see any other errors in the log other than the thing about the version attribute and the incompatible sheet version, then post it here.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Obviously I now can't get the startup thing to happen under any circumstances. Sigh. Has anyone got a campaign that they can invite me to that does this reliably? I will need you to install a custom sheet with extra logging so I can try and trace out what's going on.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, it looks like the API sheetworkers stuff does still report completion incorrectly in some situation. I think there's a particularly problematic interaction with other scripts that do setWithWorker as well (HealthColors does this), but it's broken even without that script being installed. I'll reintroduce the delay in a slightly modified form for the next version to work around this.

Edited 1490802894
Quick Question !shaped-import-statblock with an Improved Critical feature does not change the critical range.  Is this as designed due to complexity of determing which Actions would be affected or is this mis-formatted: xxxxx's weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. I have hidden the monster name with xxxx for this.  I have fixed the crit damage on both attacks that it would apply to, but not the one it would not.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Quick Question !shaped-import-statblock with an Improved Critical feature does not change the critical range.  Is this as designed due to complexity of determing which Actions would be affected or is this mis-formatted: xxxxx's weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. Do you have an example of such a creature in RAW, or is this homebrew?
It's in HotDQ I'll post you the text privately
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: It's in HotDQ I'll post you the text privately Langdedrosa Cyanwrath has a special ability that reads "Langdedrosa's weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20." She's the only NPC that I can see that has such an ability. You'll have to setup this trait manually.
Thankyou for giving the name away! lol I have set it up manually, well amended the crits.

Edited 1490845082
PaprikaCC
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Lucian, I (thankfully) don't have any problems to report, I just wanted to say thank you so much for creating this :D I haven't had the pleasure of being in a 5e campaign for the past 3 months, but your script made the Shaped sheet A+, from the GM and player side. Plus the script is absolutely massive and I'm impressed with how much work has to go into stuff like this.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
8.4.0 (2017-03-30) Bug Fixes rests: Fix auto-turn-rests ( 1224120 ), closes #445 Features rests: Handle Rests running on the sheet ( f44374c ), closes #398 You will need the latest 11.2.0 sheet for the rests functionality to work correctly . Apologies to all who are having trouble with the startup bug - I will get to this later today - I was half way through working on the rests stuff and needed to get it out to match up with the latest sheet.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
8.4.2 (2017-03-30) Bug Fixes rests: Send whisper as resting character ( e9f1e79 ) startup: Fix version not found bug on startup ( 8a75cb6 ), closes #441 Hopefully this will fix the startup problems for people. Please note that this version will actually enforce the requirement for sheet 11.2.0 as a minimum - I should have done this with the last release but forgot. Please make sure you are on the latest sheet before installing the new script.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
PaprikaCC said: Hey Lucian, I (thankfully) don't have any problems to report, I just wanted to say thank you so much for creating this :D I haven't had the pleasure of being in a 5e campaign for the past 3 months, but your script made the Shaped sheet A+, from the GM and player side. Plus the script is absolutely massive and I'm impressed with how much work has to go into stuff like this. Thanks for sharing the love! It's nice to know that it's making people's games better! The script has grown into a bit of a monster - although it's less intimidating in its modularised form before it gets compiled into a huge 10k line monster for Roll20 :-)
Hey, Lucian -- the new 8.4.2 works very well, thanks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Loving the new spell and monster import interface. It should hopefully cut down on clerics who must load every spell on their sheet.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Loving the new spell and monster import interface. It should hopefully cut down on clerics who must load every spell on their sheet. At some point I do have plans to improve this further. I'd like to make both the spell and monster lists filterable to just the things you already have imported - which is trickier than it sounds given the way it's currently implemented, unfortunately - and I'm also seriously considering allowing people to save named groups of spells/monsters to restore later - but that's a big project and I've got a bunch of other stuff on at the moment...
Can you still do the !shaped-import-monster xxx --as xxx command?  I didn't see that in the documentation.