Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Tips and Tricks (Innovative Solutions to Common Problems)

If you record your sessions for your group's enjoyment/nostalgia, instead of creating multiple accounts simply duplicate the tab.  On the second tab "Rejoin as Player" and move that tab over to your 2nd monitor for recording.  Now you have a "player safe" window that you can record for your videos without having to edit videos for spoilers. If you're using Chrome you will have to download an AddOn called Mute Tab and then mute the "Player Tab" so you're not recording double layers of audio from Roll20.  Make sure to hit F11 (Windows Chrome) to go into full screen mode on the "Player Tab" in order to maximize table top real estate.
Also, if using Chrome, download the Stylus AddOn and try to track down the "Dark Theme" for Roll20.  I have the text file but I'm not sure how to, or if I'm even allowed to, upload it to Roll20 for use.  The blinding white of Roll20 just sears the corneas.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Elvin, Thanks! You might want to take a look at this trick for more on this technique. I would suggest in addition to your tips that you open that second window as a Private Browsing window. It prevents problems with refreshing should you need to do so. I really recommend using a dummy account for this, since then you can set the dummy to neither broadcast nor receive sound/video. Also, if you have a Roll20 dark theme you really like, you can post a link to it in this thread . There's nothing wrong with posting Stylus styles, but that one might be a bit too long to post in-line. Your call, though. If you want to have maximum real estate, I recommend looking at this style , which you can modify to suppress display of any interface element you don't want to record. (toolbars, buttons, etc.)
Good suggestion Keith, I was going to suggest doing it the other way around if you wanted to do it Multi-Tab (Player first, then open new Tab as GM), as otherwise you can end up with strange behavior and find yourself incapable of certain actions in the GM Tab (from personal experience). It is likely a result of the Server recognizing your most recently set State (Player/GM) getting in the way of the GM Tab since the most recent link was to become a Player, hence the suggestion to invert the method.
Blue64 said: Good suggestion Keith, I was going to suggest doing it the other way around if you wanted to do it Multi-Tab (Player first, then open new Tab as GM), as otherwise you can end up with strange behavior and find yourself incapable of certain actions in the GM Tab (from personal experience). It is likely a result of the Server recognizing your most recently set State (Player/GM) getting in the way of the GM Tab since the most recent link was to become a Player, hence the suggestion to invert the method. Haven't had this problem yet but if I do I will follow up.
the bugs aren't immediately obvious. it will be small things like moving a Token (that moves back when you refresh), changing a Value on a Sheet/Token, and outright losing changes done to sheets (usually noticed upon refresh, as the Local Cache is still showing the correct information until then)

Edited 1561676107
Simplified hour/day/night system with rollable tables Hello! I wanted to share this idea, hoping it would help some. One thing that I commonly found annoying in my games as a GM or a player are the frequent questions about what time of the day it is. Yes there are solutions, some of them can be found in this thread (and they are great! special thanks to the "night character in the dynamic light layer" one!). However, if you want an easy system without having to tweak auras, or working in the Dynamic Light layer, I've got just the thing for you! The idea is basically a token diplaying hte time of the day, using a rollable table to easily change it when needed. I use mine for Dawn, Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening and Night, however you can easily be more precise/vague, depending of what you want.. I will just share a quick screen to show the idea with two examples (the text in french means "Dawn" and "Midday"), but will not share the png files, as I photoshopped them from a videogame day/night system.
Ooh. That is brilliant.
One could probably do the same for weather effects, at least ones that have any game impact.  Clear, Foggy, Windy, Rainy, Snowy, Blizzard, etc. 
Yes. I'm allready planning to set up a time-of-day/weather token and use  my weather-tables-macr o as a token action. 
Dwarf said: Simplified hour/day/night system with rollable tables The idea is basically a token diplaying hte time of the day, using a rollable table to easily change it when needed. I use mine for Dawn, Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening and Night, however you can easily be more precise/vague, depending of what you want.. Brilliant Idea! Agree that the characters asking for the time of day is pretty constant. But does that mean you have to keep moving the token around to where it is visible to the players? Or do they have control over that? Would be great if you could put up a token that sits in one place on the screen, no matter how much you scroll or zoom. Or... If you had a "player" logged in that has the chat avatar change to show the time. Would that be possible via API? 
It could be done via the Token Bars as well, allowing you to track the Date & Time easily, just assign it to a Character Sheet, Edit: All Players, Token Macro, read Bars 1, 2, & 3 in your desired Template format, you can even use the Max of the Bars for maximum versatility. If you link the Bars to something that normally accepts Alpha-Numeric Text instead of just Numbers (eg. 5e OGL Class Resource Name vs Class Resource) it should work nicely, and be capable of maintaining consistent readouts throughout the entire Adventure. Just remember to Link the Token to the Sheet after you are done linking the Bars to the Sheet's Abilities (you can create an Ability to link to if not using a Sheet, should still work)
Blue64 said: It could be done via the Token Bars as well, allowing you to track the Date & Time easily, just assign it to a Character Sheet, Edit: All Players, Token Macro, read Bars 1, 2, & 3 in your desired Template format, you can even use the Max of the Bars for maximum versatility. If you link the Bars to something that normally accepts Alpha-Numeric Text instead of just Numbers (eg. 5e OGL Class Resource Name vs Class Resource) it should work nicely, and be capable of maintaining consistent readouts throughout the entire Adventure. I mostly understand what you're suggesting, but can't envision it. As in, are you saying the Time would show up in a token's macro bar? Don't you have to select that token to make those visible? And that means you need the token always around the characters?  (Sorry if I am missing your idea entirely.)
Load the text into the token bars. Then extract them as needed. I use this for room descriptions: !cem Interior @{selected|token_name} @{selected|bar1|max} /w GM &{template:2Edefault} {{name= @{selected|token_name}}} {{@{selected|bar2|max}}} {{@{selected|bar3|max}}} Line one send the visual description to the chat using ColorEmote api, puts in a nice box for the players, line two whispers full details to the GM, another macro does exteriors of building descriptions.
al e. said: Load the text into the token bars. Then extract them as needed. I use this for room descriptions: !cem Interior @{selected|token_name} @{selected|bar1|max} /w GM &{template:2Edefault} {{name= @{selected|token_name}}} {{@{selected|bar2|max}}} {{@{selected|bar3|max}}} Line one send the visual description to the chat using ColorEmote api, puts in a nice box for the players, line two whispers full details to the GM, another macro does exteriors of building descriptions. This is what I was referencing. It was actually talked about previously in this thread as well, much more in depth. Also, if it is linked to the Sheet, then saved as the Sheet's Token, you don't "always need it nearby" because it is Drag & Dropable from the Journal, just like placing any PC on the Map, & the Macro makes it easy to tell everyone what the Time is, especially since the Time will be updated Globally via modifying the Sheet, the most frequently changed options. For Example: Date / Day / Hour / Minute / Weather / Lunar Cycle @{selected|bar1} / @{selected|bar1|max} / @{selected|bar2} / @{selected|bar2|max} / @{selected|bar3} / @{selected|bar3|max} 6/30/2019 / Sunday / 20 / 15 / Overcast / New Moon to give you an example of Today's Weather & Moon Phase at 10:15 then you just figure out which segments you want in which bars, and how you want to display it, but that can be done after you Link the Bars & then link the Token to the sheet, in that order.

Edited 1562012963
So, if we are linking these to a character sheet, any suggestions on how to port them easily from game to game, like one that uses a different character sheet?  All I really need is like three attributes, and the ability to save the token to pop from the journal easily.  I wish there was something hybrid between Note and Character sheet that could do that, and would be universal to all games, regardless of system.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The time and date macros shown above use the bars, so other than the templates you wouldn't have to change anything for a different sheet.
if you use &{template:default} you won't need to change anything whatsoever, as that is universal across Roll20. As a Pro & Plus Membership option (as well as any Games that are started using Paid Roll20 Content Modules if I recall correctly) you are capable of having access to your Character Vault to Import Characters, otherwise, it is as simple as creating a new Sheet, creating the Attributes, pasting in the Macro in the Abilities section, checking the Token Action box, filling out the Attributes (which you'd need to do either way), & setting the Token up again. The Name of the Sheet shouldn't even be important in this example. It would be useful to link it to something akin to the MacroPC / MacroGM Sheet mentioned elsewhere in this thread (it should have a link in the 1st Post on Page 1 ) Honestly I could probably make the entire thing, Screenshot it, and post it here in under an hour, but, my Players move so slowly I don't need it, so I'd simply end up deleting it ("^_^)
Nick O.
Forum Champion
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I made a short video showing how to use the&nbsp; Aura Effect to Reveal Hidden Objects or Markings . The video is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nick O. said: Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I made a short video showing how to use the&nbsp; Aura Effect to Reveal Hidden Objects or Markings . The video is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA</a> GREAT video, Nick! We need more stuff like this. I've added a link to the video in the index right after the trick entry, and edited the post directly following the original trick to let first time viewers see it more easily.
Nick O. said: Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I made a short video showing how to use the&nbsp; Aura Effect to Reveal Hidden Objects or Markings . The video is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA</a> Very Cool!
Nick O.
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Nick O. said: Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I made a short video showing how to use the&nbsp; Aura Effect to Reveal Hidden Objects or Markings . The video is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39ih0b_MA</a> GREAT video, Nick! We need more stuff like this. I've added a link to the video in the index right after the trick entry, and edited the post directly following the original trick to let first time viewers see it more easily. Thanks, Keith!

Edited 1562952496
Expanded graphical tools Hello everyone! A trick some already use, surely, but a trick nonetheless. In a few words: Have you ever considered expanding the tools you use while building maps? Wanted to mention this idea as it can be useful to most people - specially those who like to tweak their maps quite a bit before a session. It probably needs API for all interesting use cases... but maybe someone can figure something out using only macros. The idea is simple,&nbsp; use macros and/ or API scripts to automate some of the actions you do all the time while making maps - and bundle them up! Here is how I implement it: &nbsp; In the image above you can see the implementation, inside the game chat. I have macro buttons with API scripts being run, to perform certain actions fast and to navigate between different menus. I am using these different macros to rotate multiple tokens at once, to rotate them a random ammount, to tint them all at once and even to lighten or darken the tint in seconds. Also I have buttons to set up NPCs, foes and player tokens in a second, or to create a specific light source quickly. Sometimes it is not obvious how useful an expanded toolset can be! But I hope this made it clear that creating some custom tools can be quite rewarding. Just an example to finish it off. Here I am using Aaron's&nbsp;TokenMod and a script I wrote, called tintShift&nbsp;(to make tint incrementally lighter or darker). /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{name= }} {{rname= }} {{description= [change to selected tint](!token-mod --set tint_color|?{choose a spcific tint|ffffff} --ids @{selected|token_id}) [darker](!tintShift -657930) [lighter](!tintShift +657930) [back]( !&amp;#13; #Graphics-Index) }} the resulting menu looks like this: The buttons allow me to change to a tint I give the hexcode for, make the tint lighter or darker, and one button takes me back to the bigger menu I have for graphical tools (seen in first picture). Anyway, hope someone can have as much fun with this as I do! All the best, gui8312 PS: the art used in the first screenshot is from the artist Gabriel Pickard &lt;3

Edited 1563572871
I actually use a similar method as Token Actions for Initiative, Mob Spawn, Mob Death (with Loot), and I've been working on the Long/Short Rest Macros (although my Overarching Project is still my Spell Macros, started Rough Drafts of Lv 2 Today with my Finalized layout). I'll probably post my Token Action Macros roughly around Wednesday, so the above Tip isn't entirely composed of API Tricks (there are no non-API Tricks in the above Post, as all Token &amp; Sheet Modifications via Macro require API Access, a Pro feature) Additionally, what Sheet are you using? I don't recognize &amp;{template:npcaction} Edit: My Macros, as promised. I use the 5e OGL Sheet, so if you don't recognize the &amp;{template:XXX} , or if it produces some type of Error, that's likely why (unless it simply requires more prep-work): #Initiative (Token Action: Yes) (Visible to: All Players) (Macro Bar: No): ![[0 &amp;{tracker}]] &amp;{template:simple} {{rname=@{selected|token_name}'s initiative}} {{mod=@{selected|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{selected|initiative_style} +([[@{selected|initiative_bonus}]])[initiative] +(@{selected|initiative_style} +([[@{selected|initiative_bonus}]])) /100)[Tiebreaker] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} Alternative #Initiative : (same settings, but using &amp;{template:default} with a flat 1d20 + Dex Mod formula): ![[0 &amp;{tracker}]] &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|token_name}'s initiative:**}} {{Roll 1=**[[1d20 +([[floor((@{selected|dexterity} -10) /2)]]) + ((1d20 +([[floor((@{selected|dexterity} -10) /2)]])) /100)[initiative] &amp;{tracker}]]**}} #Mob Death (Token Action: Yes) (Visible to: GM) (Macro Bar: No): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|character_name}'s Loot}} {{Experience:=**[[@{selected|experience}]]**}} @{selected|treasure} Example @{Ghoul|treasure} : {{@{character_name} Corpse (@{size}):=**@{weight}**}} /w @{character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{background} Treasure:**}} {{[[1t[Loot-Individual-0-4]]]}} The above variation uses the CR in the Background field (eg: " CR 1 Treasure: "). It requires extra work to set up, but provides a rather clean interface. I also include the Corpse of the Creature where applicable, as some players will be more creative than others, and my Campaign is built around enabling creativity. They can Harvest components from the Corpse later, or they can do it on the spot. For a Medium Creature like this I use ( [[64d8]] Lbs ) for the weight &amp; ( [[48d2]]" ) for the Height. #Mob Start (Token Action: Yes) (Visible to: GM) (Macro Bar: No): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}'s Starting Stats}} {{Starting HP=[[0 +([[0 +@{selected|level}*3]]d[[0 +@{selected|hitdie_final}]]kh@{selected|level})+[[0 +(@{selected|constitution_mod})*@{selected|level}]]]] / [[0 +(@{selected|level}*(0 +@{selected|hitdie_final} +(@{selected|constitution_mod})))]]}} {{Class Resource: @{selected|class_resource_name}=**[[0 +[[0 +{@{selected|class_resource},@{selected|class_resource}}&gt;2]]d[[0 +floor(@{selected|class_resource|max}/2)]]r&lt;1]] / [[0 +(@{selected|class_resource|max})]]**}} {{Other Resource: @{selected|other_resource_name}=**[[0 +[[0 +{@{selected|other_resource},@{selected|other_resource}}&gt;2]]d[[0 +floor(@{selected|other_resource|max}/2)]]r&lt;1]] / [[0 +(@{selected|other_resource|max})]]**}} #Proficiencies (Token Action: Yes) (Visible to: All Players) (Macro Bar: No): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|character_name}'s Proficiencies**}} {{[Languages](! @{selected|Languages})}} {{[Weapons](! @{selected|Weapons})}} {{[Armors](! @{selected|Armors})}} {{[Tools](! @{selected|Tools})}} Again, requires extra setup, but it does look nice when done properly. %{selected|languages} (Example: my Deep Gnome, Guild Artisan, Wizard): /em &amp;{template:traits} {{name=@{character_name}'s Known Languages}} {{description=**Common** **Gnomish** **Undercommon** **Sylvan**}} the other 3 options follow the same format. I found this look more appealing than the default look. #Rest (Token Action: Yes) (Visible to: All Players) (Macro Bar: No): /ooc &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|character_name}** **contemplates Resting**}} {{[**Short Rest**](! %{MacroPC|Short Rest} %{MacroPC|SR@{selected|class}} %{MacroPC|SR@{selected|race}})=[**Long Rest**](! %{MacroPC|Long Rest} %{MacroPC|LR@{selected|class}} %{MacroPC|LR@{selected|race}})}} The above Macro requires a LOT of preparation, but is quite useful once completed. %{MacroPC|Short Rest} (Sheet Ability): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=**Upon Short Rest Completion** **(1 Hour)**}} {{Current HP=**@{selected|hp} / @{selected|hp|max}**}} {{Use up to=**@{selected|hit_dice} Hit Dice**}} {{[**Sequentially**](! @{MacroPC|Short Rest Sequential})=[**All**](! @{MacroPC|Short Rest Max})}} %{MacroPC|Short Rest Sequential} (Sheet Ability): /ooc &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|character_name}** **rolls 1 of their Hit Dice**}} {{HP=**[[{[[@{selected|hp} + 1d@{selected|hitdietype}+((@{selected|constitution_mod})*1)]],[[@{selected|hp|max}]]}kl1]] / [[@{selected|hp|max}]]**}} %{MacroPC|Short Rest Max} (Sheet Ability): /ooc &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|character_name}** **rolls all @{selected|hit_dice} Hit Dice**}} {{HP=**[[{[[@{selected|hp} + @{selected|hit_dice}d@{selected|hitdietype}+((@{selected|constitution_mod})*@{selected|hit_dice})]],[[@{selected|hp|max}]]}kl1]] / [[@{selected|hp|max}]]**}} %{MacroPC|Long Rest} (Sheet Ability): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=**Upon Long Rest Completion** **(8 Hours) (@{selected|class})**}} {{Current HP:=**[[@{selected|hp|max}]] / [[@{selected|hp|max}]]**}} {{Hit Dice:=**[[{[[@{selected|hit_dice}+{[[floor(@{selected|hit_dice|max} /2)]],1}kh1]],[[@{selected|hit_dice|max}]]}kl1]] / [[@{selected|hit_dice|max}]]**}} %{MacroPC|LRCantrips2} (Sheet Ability): {{Cantrips known:=**[[2 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;3 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[4+(3*2)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[5+(4*2)+(3*3)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[6+(5*2)+(4*3)+(3*4)]]]]**}} %{MacroPC|LRCantrips3} (Sheet Ability): {{Cantrips known:=**[[3 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;3 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[4+(3*2)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[5+(4*2)+(3*3)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[6+(5*2)+(4*3)+(3*4)]]]]**}} %{MacroPC|LRCantrips4} (Sheet Ability): {{Cantrips known:=**[[4 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;3 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[4+(3*2)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[5+(4*2)+(3*3)]] +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;[[6+(5*2)+(4*3)+(3*4)]]]]**}} %{MacroPC|SRWarlock} (Sheet Ability): /w @{selected|character_name} &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{selected|class} Long Rest:**}} {{Archetype:=[**@{selected|subclass} @{selected|class}**](<a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/classes/@{selected|class}#The@{selected|class}Table" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/classes/@{selected|class}#The@{selected|class}Table</a>)}} %{MacroPC|LRCantrips2} {{Spells Known=**[[1 +@{selected|base_level} -{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;10 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;12 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;14 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;16 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;18 +{@{selected|base_level},0}&gt;20]]**}} {{Warlock Spell Slots:=**[[1 +({@{base_level},0}&gt;2+{@{base_level},0}&gt;11+{@{base_level},0}&gt;17)]]**}} {{Warlock Spell Level:=**[[1 +({@{base_level},0}&gt;3 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;5+{@{base_level},0}&gt;7 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;9)]]**}} {{Eldritch Invocations:=**[[0 +({@{base_level},@{base_level},@{base_level}}&gt;2 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;5 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;7 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;9 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;12 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;15 +{@{base_level},0}&gt;18)]]**}} %{MacroPC|Long Rest} (Sheet Ability): {{Level 1 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl1_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl1_slots_total}**}} {{Level 2 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl2_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl2_slots_total}**}} {{Level 3 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl3_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl3_slots_total}**}} {{Level 4 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl4_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl4_slots_total}**}} {{Level 5 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl5_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl5_slots_total}**}} {{Level 6 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl6_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl6_slots_total}**}} {{Level 7 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl7_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl7_slots_total}**}} {{Level 8 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl8_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl8_slots_total}**}} {{Level 9 Spell Slots:=**@{selected|lvl9_slots_total} / @{selected|lvl9_slots_total}**}} %{MacroPC|New Character} (Sheet Ability): !?{Roll|[[[[4*1]]d6kh3]]|[[[[4*2]]d6kh3]]|[[[[4*3]]d6kh3]]} /ooc &amp;{template:default} {{name=**New Character Rolled Stats**}} {{Roll 1=?{Roll}}} {{Roll 2=?{Roll}}} {{Roll 3=?{Roll}}} {{Roll 4=?{Roll}}} {{Roll 5=?{Roll}}} {{Roll 6=?{Roll}}} #Exp-Tally (Token Action: No) (Visible To: GM) (Macro Bar: Yes): /desc &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{target|PC|character_name}'s Total Experience}} {{Experience:=**[[0 +(@{target|PC|experience}) +(?{Total|0})]] / [[0 +(@{target|PC|experience|max})]]**}} {{Level Progress:=**[[(floor(([[0 +(@{target|PC|experience}) +(?{Total|0})]] / [[0 +(@{target|PC|experience|max})]]) *10000)) /100]]%**}} #Currency (Token Action: No) (Visible to: GM) (Macro Bar: Yes): /desc &amp;{template:default} {{name=**@{target|Currency Conversion|character_name}** **is Converting Currency:**}} {{Copper:=**[[(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp}) -(floor(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10) *10)]]**}} {{Silver:=**[[((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +floor([[@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10]])) -(floor([[((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10]]) *10)]]**}} {{Gold:=**[[(@{target|Currency Conversion|gp} +(floor([[((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10]]))) -(floor([[(@{target|Currency Conversion|gp} +(((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10)) /10]]) *10)]]**}} {{Platinum:=**[[(@{target|Currency Conversion|pp} +(floor([[(@{target|Currency Conversion|gp} +(((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10)) /10]]))) -(floor((@{target|Currency Conversion|pp} +[[(@{target|Currency Conversion|gp} +(((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10)) /10]]) /50) *50)]]**}} {{Platinum Ingots:=**[[floor((@{target|Currency Conversion|pp} +[[(@{target|Currency Conversion|gp} +(((@{target|Currency Conversion|sp} +(@{target|Currency Conversion|ep} *5)) +(@{target|Currency Conversion|cp} /10)) /10)) /10]]) /50)]]**}} Uses 5e's Currency Conversion Rules, useful for when your Players need to convert a few thousand Copper into some Platinum. Each Platinum Ingot (Trade Good) is worth 50 Platinum &amp; weighs 1 Lbs if you are using Currency Encumbrance Rules. Note: All of the # Macros are capable of being transferred to a Macro Sheet, such as my MacroPC Sheet, I just haven't yet performed the Transfer myself. Yes, my macros are roughly as much of a mess as they appear, however they work well for what they do.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That template is from the D&amp;D 5e by Roll20 sheet. It's the one I prefer for general information formatting. It's right aligned, with few bells and whistles for handling specific cases of attacks, damage and so forth. Feel free to post hints and tips about novel ways to use Roll20 features. There are a number of tricks that require API, so that's no barrier. It's always nice to post non-API alternatives if possible, but it's never been a requirement. Just be sure that whatever you post is more than just, "here are some of my token mod chat menus". If you've got a really cool interface for doing something, sweet!

Edited 1563025994
I actually thought&nbsp; for a while about why I should post that info here :)&nbsp; It just felt like this is a place for stupid roll20 tricks, so ideas that don't always come up naturally but can be really useful. I spent 2000 hours on roll20 before thinking about the scope that custom tools can have, now I use them all the time. So this feels right.&nbsp; :D EDIT: Keith 2 things that came to mind... 1) do you think creating a new forum thread with the tricks organized by topic makes sense? linking this thread at your first post here could be cool! 2) one of the first tricks you posted is amazing and I think it should get a new title that helps people notice it more. It is the macro character sheet entry. Maybe name it "macro character: transfer all your macros to your other games quick" or something like that :)&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some of the early ones I've felt could use a re-write. Actually, someone contacted me about setting up a wiki page for these, which could absolutely sort by categories. I set up the page for them , but nothing came of it. Chat Menus in particular could use an update, detailing syntax differences for which kind of ability and macro calls, which roll templates are suitable, how to change button styling, whether to build modularly or put commands right in the macro, how to nest macros/abilities, etc. Macro Sheets could also use an in-depth treatment. I really wish I had called them Ability Sheets for one thing. :) Wherever expanded info goes, either in a post edit, new thread or wiki page, I'll make sure all is linked for easy finding.

Edited 1563039783
Macro Characters: transfering all macros between games (in a few clicks) This is an expansion / re-haul of the Macro Character Sheet trick posted by keithcurtis a while ago. It is such an amazing trick it seems appropiate to create a more detailed explanation. Why is this trick useful? Starting a new campaign on roll20 does have its quirks: a big one is that transfering all macros can be downright infuriating. But, with some prep over time you can transfer all your macros in a couple of clicks! By the way although this is not the focus of this post, this trick is equally amazing at keeping GM notes organized as well as making updating any macro a breeze. Roll20 has a character vault and a Transmogrifier, for the sake of easily sharing work between campaigns, but it does not work with macros. Have you ever tried copying your macros over to a new game? Following Roll20's simplest workflow you are stuck with a task that is prone to errors and extremely tedious. All that work, creating maybe hundreds of macros, and now they are are spread over so many windows that are slow to acess in bulk... Let's fix this. How does it all work? You probably know that the characters on Roll20 have a tab called atributes and abilities. We will focus on these character sheet abilities, and use them to store pretty much all our game's macros. A picture for reference: This character sheet is normal in every way except for one: the abilities it has are actually many of the macros I use in my game for utility purposes. It is not intended to be used during live sessions in the same way as an enemy character for example. The idea is, I store all these macros here instead of in the collection tab . I can still acess all these macros during gameplay, but now the transmogrifier can copy this character and with it all the macros it holds as abilities. This is the Result: You can now save all types of macros and information in a portable way. You can create a character and save all the macros you have in the game actually, although I suggest splitting it up in multiple characters - maybe one for utility macros, another one for monster attack macros, etc . And, really, why have your GM notes strewn all over the place? Just use a Character like this to bundle up all your GM notes / shop info in one place, avoiding duplicates, being able to review info very quickly and as in the example above - if you want all of that info in another campaign, quick as can be. This requires only that we create such a character once, and we can keep updating it directly from there from that point onwards. How do I acess an ability stored this way? Just use the format, %{MacroCharacterName|AbilityName} What this means is you can access these abilities from the chat through API buttons, but also from any token/ character... just add this piece of code to the ability entry of your monsters, NPCs and Players... The token still has quick access, but it uses the reference ability to work. Updating the ability in the macro Sheet will update how all the tokens work that use this reference. That's it folks! Hope you guys enjoy a more flexible, organized and efficient Roll20 experience with this great trick!
keithcurtis said: Some of the early ones I've felt could use a re-write. Actually, someone contacted me about setting up a wiki page for these, which could absolutely sort by categories. I set up the page for them , but nothing came of it. Chat Menus in particular could use an update, detailing syntax differences for which kind of ability and macro calls, which roll templates are suitable, how to change button styling, whether to build modularly or put commands right in the macro, how to nest macros/abilities, etc. Macro Sheets could also use an in-depth treatment. I really wish I had called them Ability Sheets for one thing. :) Wherever expanded info goes, either in a post edit, new thread or wiki page, I'll make sure all is linked for easy finding. +1 - That would be awesome. I use chat menus but would love to refine them :)
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If someone WAS to go into the wiki and categorize all of the tips (say because they've got a few days off and terrible sleep habits), what would the categories of tips be? "Site Optimization" for things like disabling WebRTC, full screen, dummy accounts,&nbsp; "Macro Organization" for things like chat menus, macro tokens, and emojis "Page Organization" for function-related stuff, party sight tokens,&nbsp;&nbsp;easy area markers, fine-tune snap to grid "Map/Page Creation" for art-related stuff, AFoW buildings,, mood lighting tokens "Macro Tips" for API button templates, DM whispers "Character/Handout Organization" for token actions, attributes, invisible PC tokens Are there better categories you guys think? Also, by default the wiki doesn't allow pictures to be uploaded. I will contact Roll20 to get wiki privileges (unless any of the devs are in this thread and can help me out!)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think if anyone was to take on this task, they should be allowed to dictate the categories. :) I think whatever you came up with, there would likely be some overlap. Would a sortable table be better?
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
That could work, but I have no idea how to do that within a wiki. Even if it's only vaguely categorized, placing them in headings (h2 for category, h3 for each tip) means the wiki will auto generate a table of contents without needing to manually edit it each time. I'll start with a the general organization above and do some basic cleanup on the tips, we can always change the exact sorting later!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mik Holmes said: That could work, but I have no idea how to do that within a wiki. Even if it's only vaguely categorized, placing them in headings (h2 for category, h3 for each tip) means the wiki will auto generate a table of contents without needing to manually edit it each time. I'll start with a the general organization above and do some basic cleanup on the tips, we can always change the exact sorting later! I took a stab at it, but despite the table being defined as sortable, it ain't. :/ Edit from what I made or discard if you wish.
needs a Link to your first post for reference
A question about light crumbs. If a light crumb is dropped in an area of the dungeon the players have already visited, won't they also see monsters passing through that area, if they all share control of the crumb? Like, they'd see if a new monster appeared in a previous viewed room, unless the DM put the monsters on the GM layer. Do I have that right?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is correct. Light Crumbs do not behave like Advanced Fog of War. They are basically a set of eyes in another part of the map
keithcurtis said: That is correct. Light Crumbs do not behave like Advanced Fog of War. They are basically a set of eyes in another part of the map Ok, thanks for the clarification.&nbsp;
for those who were waiting for it; I updated my Post from earlier.
keithcurtis said: That is correct. Light Crumbs do not behave like Advanced Fog of War. They are basically a set of eyes in another part of the map Hi all, something I also miss about Light Crumbs is that as a GM I do not see the Light Crumb effect on my players when using Ctrl+L for fast checks during the game. So I will try to open a second Tab on Chrome in Private mode and Login again. I hope it works and do not uses too much Computer resources.
Master said: something I also miss about Light Crumbs is that as a GM I do not see the Light Crumb effect on my players when using Ctrl+L for fast checks during the game. So I will try to open a second Tab on Chrome in Private mode and Login again. I hope it works and do not uses too much Computer resources. I have turned on a GM-only aura on my light crumbs so that I can see what area they illuminate. It’s somewhat annoying to look at during normal play, but it does make it obvious at a glance which parts of the map can be seen by the players.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You could toggle all of those on and off easily with TokenMod if they all represent the same "character": !token-mod --set aura1_color|#ffff00 --ids @{LightCrumbCharacter|character_id} !token-mod --set aura1_color|transparent --ids @{LightCrumbCharacter|character_id}
The Aaron said: You could toggle all of those on and off easily with TokenMod if they all represent the same "character": !token-mod --set aura1_color|#ffff00 --ids @{LightCrumbCharacter|character_id} !token-mod --set aura1_color|transparent --ids @{LightCrumbCharacter|character_id} That's a good point! &nbsp;Another option would be to have a single macro that toggles the aura: !token-mod --set aura1_color|!ffff00 --ids @{LightCrumbCharacter|character_id} Although I suppose if you set one down that doesn't match the state of the others it could get out of sync. &nbsp;Regardless, it's nice to have the option to turn them all on or off with a single macro button push. &nbsp;:-)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah.&nbsp; Would be better if that functionality was built in to the script so it could create them in the right state.
This is such a great idea! I've implemented my own version using a map compass: This compass acts as my 'Controlling Token' on any map, which keeps a bunch of my commonly used macros and other utility stuff readily available. When I want to change the time, I advance the token one or more images forward. (You'll note three versions of the day time one that looks identical but shifts the little yellow dot forward). Thanks for sharing Rincevent! (I don't own the originals of these pics - I grabbed a free compass png and then pics of the day/night cycle off google and combined them). Rincevent said: Simplified hour/day/night system with rollable tables Hello! I wanted to share this idea, hoping it would help some. One thing that I commonly found annoying in my games as a GM or a player are the frequent questions about what time of the day it is. Yes there are solutions, some of them can be found in this thread (and they are great! special thanks to the "night character in the dynamic light layer" one!). However, if you want an easy system without having to tweak auras, or working in the Dynamic Light layer, I've got just the thing for you! The idea is basically a token diplaying hte time of the day, using a rollable table to easily change it when needed. I use mine for Dawn, Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening and Night, however you can easily be more precise/vague, depending of what you want.. I will just share a quick screen to show the idea with two examples (the text in french means "Dawn" and "Midday"), but will not share the png files, as I photoshopped them from a videogame day/night system.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very nice.&nbsp; GM's/Player's of Forbidden Lands &nbsp;on roll20 could definitely benefit from this since it uses various game mechanics based on quarter day increments.&nbsp; Using this.&nbsp; Thanks
Fast SPAWN Party (Character) Tokens to TABLETOP Getting my player's tokens to the table top quickly was always a challenge. There may be a better way but I like this new method I have put together using two readily available scripts. It gives me control over token placement and it is pretty quick to get the entire party on the tabletop. On top of that it is dead simple to setup once you know which API to use.&nbsp; Thanks to @The Aaron for his scripting magic.&nbsp; <a href="https://youtu.be/ZQywAsh2J38" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/ZQywAsh2J38</a> I used the !Summon API in conjuntion with a small script @The Aaron created call !mif to move a token one space forward.&nbsp; !summon generates a token for an object on the tabletop. !mif moves a token one step forward. This allows me to place tokens not on top of each other.&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7408135/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7408135/slug%7D</a> 1. Create a character sheet with a token. I named the character SPAWN but it can be any name.&nbsp; 2. Create a macro "Spawn" on the Character Sheet Abilities. The macro should look something like below with one line for each character. Replace under lined character name with your character names.&nbsp; !summon Catriona !mif !summon Evol !mif !summon Grian Tackshaw !mif !summon Nicolæ !token-mod --set layer|gmlayer Note I also used !token-mod to send my Spawn token to the GMLAYER so it is hidden but that is not required.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Ye'Olde DM said: Fast SPAWN Party (Character) Tokens to TABLETOP Getting my player's tokens to the table top quickly was always a challenge. There may be a better way but I like this new method I have put together using two readily available scripts. It gives me control over token placement and it is pretty quick to get the entire party on the tabletop. On top of that it is dead simple to setup once you know which API to use.&nbsp; Thanks to @The Aaron for his scripting magic.&nbsp; <a href="https://youtu.be/ZQywAsh2J38" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/ZQywAsh2J38</a> I used the !Summon API in conjuntion with a small script @The Aaron created call !mif to move a token one space forward.&nbsp; !summon generates a token for an object on the tabletop. !mif moves a token one step forward. This allows me to place tokens not on top of each other.&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7408135/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7408135/slug%7D</a> 1. Create a character sheet with a token. I named the character SPAWN but it can be any name.&nbsp; 2. Create a macro "Spawn" on the Character Sheet Abilities. The macro should look something like below with one line for each character. Replace under lined character name with your character names.&nbsp; !summon Catriona !mif !summon Evol !mif !summon Grian Tackshaw !mif !summon Nicolæ !token-mod --set layer|gmlayer Note I also used !token-mod to send my Spawn token to the GMLAYER so it is hidden but that is not required.&nbsp; &nbsp; I really liked this idea but I ran into the problem that it does not use their default tokens, is there a modified version you are using?

Edited 1572758699
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
This might be really obvious, but I see a lot of forum questions about conditional results and this is a partial solution. In Savage Worlds, for some area effect attacks, if target rolls a 6 on 1d6 they can dive out of the way. If they don't get out of the way, they take 2d6 damage. (To keep the example simple I'm using a 1d6 for the roll to avoid and 2d6 damage; in the actual rules these value vary.) This code either returns 0 (they dodged) or the 2d6 value. /roll [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6 or [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6 ]] For my area attacks I have a macro that rolls 4 results at once: Target A [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target B [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target C [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target D [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]] Sometimes there's more than 4 targets, so I put a "roll again" button at the end of the macro. I prefer that over rolling 8 times by default, but I could have just made the initial macro roll 8 times. Target A [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target B [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target C [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target D [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]] [Roll Again](!&amp;#13;#blast-medium)

Edited 1572766438
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike deBoston said: In Savage Worlds, for some area effect attacks, if target rolls a 6 on 1d6 they can dive out of the way. If they don't get out of the way, they take 2d6 damage. (To keep the example simple I'm using a 1d6 for the roll to avoid and 2d6 damage; in the actual rules these value vary.) This code either returns 0 (they dodged) or the 2d6 value. /roll [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6 Shouldnt that be&nbsp; /roll [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 if they need a 6 to avoid the damage? Nice trick, btw.

Edited 1572774429
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the interests of over complicating simple solutions, here's a version that gives you a drop down to enable various numbers of rolls with finer control :) &amp;{template:default} {{name=AoE Damage}} {{?{Number of Targets| 1,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 2,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 3,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 4,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 5,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 6,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 6th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 7,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 6th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 7th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 8,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 6th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 7th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 8th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 9,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 6th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 7th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 8th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 9th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!| 10,Target the 1st=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 2nd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 3rd=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 4th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 5th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 6th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 7th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 8th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 9th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{Target the 10th=[[ [[1d6&lt;5]] * 2d6 ]] damage!} }} Mike deBoston said: This might be really obvious, but I see a lot of forum questions about conditional results and this is a partial solution. In Savage Worlds, for some area effect attacks, if target rolls a 6 on 1d6 they can dive out of the way. If they don't get out of the way, they take 2d6 damage. (To keep the example simple I'm using a 1d6 for the roll to avoid and 2d6 damage; in the actual rules these value vary.) This code either returns 0 (they dodged) or the 2d6 value. /roll [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6 or [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6 ]] For my area attacks I have a macro that rolls 4 results at once: Target A [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target B [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target C [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target D [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]] Sometimes there's more than 4 targets, so I put a "roll again" button at the end of the macro. I prefer that over rolling 8 times by default, but I could have just made the initial macro roll 8 times. Target A [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target B [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target C [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]], Target D [[ [[1d6&gt;6]] * 2d6]] [Roll Again](!&amp;#13;#blast-medium)