Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] WildShape - easy ShapeShift for your PCs and NPCs

Angelo said: cool, i haven't used PowerCard so i am not sure how you can integrate my API menus with that to display the wild shape resource usage left AFTER you shapeshift, but I will do that, no prob :) Fyi all other GM messages (and player errors, like if they try to shapeshift through the API but they don't have resources left) will still be active, but in case you want to disable those for some reason you can go in the WildHelpers.js and comment out the code of all the chat functions, i really do not recommend doing that tho Well, I probably can't do much about the Menus itself, so I'll probably have to live with them, though I could use the --api tag to directly access your api from within powercards (so if you had something like "!wc --shift wolf" I could just call something like "!power --api_wc|_shape wolf") but that's not really what I'm trying to do. I'm mostly worried about the public messages. Only the player himself would see these menus most of the time (except for me when setting the shapes up), so I'm not that worried about the menus. Getting the wildshape resource is easy, though, and even if it hasn't decreased at the time powercards gets it from the char sheet, I just have to check if its >0 and then substract one when displaying it.

Edited 1594365483
Angelo
API Scripter
i have just submitted v1.3 (you will need to update both files), together with some fixes here and there the main feature is: characters are now automatically duplicated/deleted every time you add a new shape (thanks to this i have also simplified things all around and removed the concept of "simple name" on shapes) I have also added a new "Mute Shift Messages" in the main menu to mute all messages sent to players when transforming. ( @Sven ) I am super happy i got the duplicate done, now i can just run the folder import on my folder of originals and it copies/renames everything leaving the originals untouched, i was able to delete and recreate my druid from scratch in seconds (since i already had the folder of originals) Unfortunately it doesn't look like i can organize/move the characters i create into folders in the journal, looks like an API limitation? If anyone knows a workaround please let me know.   With this feature checked in i don't have any other work left for this script (outside of a small thing here and there), so just let me know if you find bugs and/or have any more feature requests! Also if anyone has any idea on how to fix those bugs i have under "known issues" in my second post it would be great, I will really appreciate any help on those.
Hey Angelo! QQ: I remember when upgrading from original to 1.2 you had to take some precautions (as the script was already editing the stats of the wildshapes) such as deleting and readding shapes. Are there any additional steps when upgrading from 1.2 to 1.25 (the version where you also account for the wildshape as a resource) or to 1.3 (where you auto duplicate the wildshapes) besides just updating both files?

Edited 1594417641
Angelo
API Scripter
No additional steps, I'm always handling all data updgrade automatically in the script (I created a versioning system for it). The problem with 1.2 was unfortunately a one off case that I couldn't avoid; the script would still work with the auto updgrade, but the skill/save proficiencies would be wrong for existing shapes. You don't have to update version by version either, just grab latest and the script will auto upgrade everything for you step by step.

Edited 1594941780
A small bug. When initially adding a new wild shape, the AC of the selected beast is set to a blank field, and the "char name - beast name" token doesn't have the correct AC either. Maybe it is copying the AC in the wrong direction when creating the "char name - beast name" token for the wild shape. I think all other fields are copied properly, but I haven't checked them. For your comment about sometimes the add not working with an error about not being able to access graphics, the quicker solution is to rename the old journal entry and reimport the beast from the compendium. I think this primarily affects journal entries that came directly from a published module.

Edited 1594972850
Angelo
API Scripter
Farling said: A small bug. When initially adding a new wild shape, the AC of the selected beast is set to a blank field, and the "char name - beast name" token doesn't have the correct AC either. Maybe it is copying the AC in the wrong direction when creating the "char name - beast name" token for the wild shape. I think all other fields are copied properly, but I haven't checked them. For your comment about sometimes the add not working with an error about not being able to access graphics, the quicker solution is to rename the old journal entry and reimport the beast from the compendium. I think this primarily affects journal entries that came directly from a published module. Hi Farling, could you be a little more specific about the AC bug? i haven't heard of that one before. Do you mean that when you shift into the shape the AC is blank the first time you change into it? then it works fine from the second time on? if you could give me some steps/specifics i could look into it. i haven't tried the rename/reimport you are saying, in theory it shouldn't fix it but i will give it a try! EDIT: found were the problem is but i am not sure how to fix it yet... working on it
Angelo said: could you be a little more specific about the AC bug? i haven't heard of that one before. Do you mean that when you shift into the shape the AC is blank the first time you change into it? then it works fine from the second time on? if you could give me some steps/specifics i could look into it. i haven't tried the rename/reimport you are saying, in theory it shouldn't fix it but i will give it a try! EDIT: found were the problem is but i am not sure how to fix it yet... working on it I guess you found it - after the initial import of shape the generated character sheet has a blank AC; and the sheet attached to the original token also has a blank AC.
Angelo
API Scripter
i have fixed the bug, if you grab latest on both files everything should be ok now. let me know if you notice any other issue!
Angelo said: i have fixed the bug, if you grab latest on both files everything should be ok now. Yes, it is all working properly now :-)
Do the newly generated characters have to remain at the base level of the journal, or can I move them manually into a separate folder?
Angelo
API Scripter
Farling said: Do the newly generated characters have to remain at the base level of the journal, or can I move them manually into a separate folder? you can move them wherever you want, the API is only allowed to create in the base level and cannot move things around from what i can see
I keep getting the following error, and I have no idea what's caused it. The script worked about 5 times, then this: (From WildShape):  F. (GM) ERROR: cannot find attribute [speed] on character: -MCcJYqfNSfwhRBqHQa0 (From WildShape):  ERROR: chatErrorToPlayer: John F. (GM), msg: cannot find attribute [speed] on character: -MCcJYqfNSfwhRBqHQa0
Angelo
API Scripter
John F. said: I keep getting the following error, and I have no idea what's caused it. The script worked about 5 times, then this: (From WildShape):  F. (GM) ERROR: cannot find attribute [speed] on character: -MCcJYqfNSfwhRBqHQa0 (From WildShape):  ERROR: chatErrorToPlayer: John F. (GM), msg: cannot find attribute [speed] on character: -MCcJYqfNSfwhRBqHQa0 Which sheet/monster are you using? The API is trying to assign the value of the attribute "speed" to one of the three token bars, looks like your characters don't have that defined? If you open your character/monster sheet and look at the list of attributes do you see it there? If you just run !ws you can change the setting in the main page, to fix it you can either change the name of the attribute to point it to whatever you are using or you can tell the API to not assign it to any bar. What kind of messaging would make the error clearer to you?
Just got this script setup, it was a breeze! Much better than some of the previous ones I was attempting to work with, thank you so much <3
Wow, this script is great! It's perfect for my druid player who is new to D&D and is having trouble keeping track of everything. And it was very easy to set up on my end as the GM. Thank you!
Does anyone know how to pass this fantastic, much-needed script through PowerCards? I can't figure out the syntax.
Angelo
API Scripter
Taylor B. said: Does anyone know how to pass this fantastic, much-needed script through PowerCards? I can't figure out the syntax. Not sure how powercards works, but you could start with one of these two things (or both?): - toggle the "Mute Shift Message" setting in the main config ( Sven K.  requested this as he is using power cards as well, maybe he can share how he set it up) - change the "chat" functions in the WildUtils at the top of WildHelpers.js; every single messaging in the script goes through them so you can probably just hack those quickly. if anyone changes things to make it work with PowerCards please feel free to share the code, i could just push it to the master so that other people can benefit from it :)
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Nice work, Angelo! This script is super neat! Any plans to get it into the 1-click script library?
Angelo
API Scripter
thank you! i honestly haven't looked into how to do that, i thought with the dependency on the other WildHelpers script it might be tricky, and finding documentation on this website is always a struggle... i can try to have a look and see if i can find anything over the weekend :)
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I know what you mean about the documentation. The forums seem to be the most reliable source for information. Unfortunately, I've never been through the 1-click process either, so I don't have any tips to share :/
Angelo
API Scripter
i think i've figured out how to do it... i submitted a request, we will see how long it takes :)
This script is Awesome!  Thank you!   I have set up my Druid players wildshape and it swaps great and even keeps his Druid intelligence etc!  So cool. Only thing mine is not doing is swapping the size of the token, and when I try and change them manually the revert.  Any ideas?
Angelo
API Scripter
Is it giving you any errors? Maybe it's because of the page settings?
Angelo said: Is it giving you any errors? Maybe it's because of the page settings? So I just went through and edited each beasts size individually.  Not that big of a deal in the long run.  My Druid player saw it today and LOVES it!
Angelo
API Scripter
Donovan S. said: Angelo said: Is it giving you any errors? Maybe it's because of the page settings? So I just went through and edited each beasts size individually.  Not that big of a deal in the long run.  My Druid player saw it today and LOVES it! glad you are happy with the script :) you really shouldn't need to do that tho, everything should work automatically; are you using 5e? monster manual or custom monsters? any special page settings? if you want to invite me to your game and give me DM permissions i can have a quick look
Layton
API Scripter
I started making something similar to this API yesterday, and here you are near the top of the API forums with a UI far nicer than I'd have achieved. Good job! Looking forward to trying this out :) 
Angelo
API Scripter
WildShape is now available in the one-click! in my test i deleted the WildHelpers and WildShape I have added manually and installed the WildShape from the one click and all my data (configs, shapeshifters etc.) was still there
love this script! thank you! 
Hi Angelo! I keep on getting the following error message when I try to add individual wildshapes: (From WildShape): ERROR: WildUtils::duplicateCharacter (Brown Bear -> <PC Name> - BrownBear): cannot find image on either token or avatar; if it's using a market place link the image needs to be re-uploaded into the library and set on the target character as either token or avatar image. I'm using a journal entry for the character "Brown Bear" I copied from the compendium. Both my druid's PC and the Brown Bear have associated token images and avatars, which is why I am confused. Thanks,

Edited 1601075028
Angelo
API Scripter
Pierre F. said: Hi Angelo! I keep on getting the following error message when I try to add individual wildshapes: (From WildShape): ERROR: WildUtils::duplicateCharacter (Brown Bear -> <PC Name> - BrownBear): cannot find image on either token or avatar; if it's using a market place link the image needs to be re-uploaded into the library and set on the target character as either token or avatar image. I'm using a journal entry for the character "Brown Bear" I copied from the compendium. Both my druid's PC and the Brown Bear have associated token images and avatars, which is why I am confused. Thanks, Hi Pierre, the problem is most likely in the second part of that message if it's using a market place link the image needs to be re-uploaded into the library and set on the target character as either token or avatar image. you can find more details on the full doc here , copy & paste of the important section here for your convenience   IMPORTANT  There is a limitation on using images directly from the marketplace, whenever you want to use a monster from the Monster Manual (or similar external resource in your compendium) the API might give you an error asking you to reupload the avatar when you try to transform into it, it's really hit or miss so i would suggest you try it first but in case you do get the error to fix it you will need to: open up the character sheet (let's say "Black Dragon") save the avatar image on your PC (e.g. open the avatar image -> right click -> save as) upload that file to the library change the avatar on the "Black Dragon" character sheet to the file you uploaded to the library (if you can prefer you can set the token) I will add this note in the one click description as well, i guess it's harder to find if you don't look at the full doc. how do you think i should change the error to make it more clear?
Hey Angelo, I have a problem with the shapes list.  when I click on the players Icon there are no beasties in the shapes list.

Edited 1601401642
Angelo
API Scripter
Daniel S. said: Hey Angelo, I have a problem with the shapes list.  when I click on the players Icon there are no beasties in the shapes list. Hi Daniel, i would need some more info to be able to help you. did you add the character as a shifter and then shapes to the character? if you run "!ws" without anything selected and go into edit shifter do you see it there? if you click edit on it do you see a list of shapes there? do you get any error messages either in the chat or in the api console?
Hey Angelo, thank you for your response.  I added the character as a shifter and then ran !ws the box appears WildShape: Ictomi(characters name) ShapeShift and a edit bar and an Ictomi bar.  When I click on the characters name I receive this error message:  (From WildShape):  S. (GM) ERROR: You are already transformed into base 10:47PM (From WildShape):  ERROR: chatErrorToPlayer: Daniel S. (GM), msg: You are already transformed into base When I click on the edit bar there are no shapes in the shape list just directions on how to import shapes.  I did not know if there was suppose to be pre loaded shapes or if I had to add them myself.  I am new to this so I am not real sure how and where  to make the import folder. Do I create it on the journal page? 
Angelo
API Scripter
Hi Daniel, You need to click on the edit button and add shapes (manually or through the import from folder process). When you run !was having a character selected it will show under the edit a list of shapes you can transform into and clicking on any of them will trigger the transformation; in that case you don't have any shapes so it only shows your "base shape". I'll add a different messaging in that case to make it more clear for the future If you need any help with adding shapes there's a link in the one click it in the first post here to the full documentation, that should guide you and answer all questions you might have.

Edited 1601515077
So I get this error message when trying to transform my druid into a shape. It would seem that if the player has a 10 (0 mod) it doesnt read the mod at all and will not automatically update the shapes INT / WIS / CHA unless its 12 or higher. Also it seems that i also get another issue sometimes in that it will not automatically create Saves for a form and i get error messages for that to (it worked for one shape but not another.) It also appears it is not automatically resizing the tokens
Hey Angelo, I tried making a folder in the Journal tab (I named it TWJToa/WildShape/Land.  TWJToA is the name of the game) and when I followed the import from folder directions I get this error.     (From WildShape):   ERROR: Cannot find folder: TWJToA/WildShape/Land 10:07PM (From WildShape):  ERROR: Cannot find any shapes in the input folder [TWJToA/WildShape/Land]   Am I making the folder in the wrong place or am I naming it wrong? Thank you for your Patience 

Edited 1601579538
Angelo
API Scripter
Zertryx said: So I get this error message when trying to transform my druid into a shape. It would seem that if the player has a 10 (0 mod) it doesnt read the mod at all and will not automatically update the shapes INT / WIS / CHA unless its 12 or higher. Also it seems that i also get another issue sometimes in that it will not automatically create Saves for a form and i get error messages for that to (it worked for one shape but not another.) It also appears it is not automatically resizing the tokens Hi Zertryx, what kind of character sheet are you using? do you use the charactermancer? I noticed that if you create a new character and edit the sheet directly and leave the values to the default then attributes are actually not created at all for some reason... i can update the script to make the assumption that the value is 10/0 if it doesn't exist, in the meanwhile a quick fix would be to change those attributes and then change them back to 10 just so that the attributes are actually created and can be accessed  About the second error (saves) could you tell me which monster you were trying? Was it a standard one or a custom one? It's trying to copy those attributes and for some reason your form doesn't have them; i have not seen or heard of that error before, I could force the creation of the attributes but if you are using some custom monster sheet it might not work anyway. About the resize, could you tell me what are your page settings?
Angelo
API Scripter
Daniel S. said: Hey Angelo, I tried making a folder in the Journal tab (I named it TWJToa/WildShape/Land.  TWJToA is the name of the game) and when I followed the import from folder directions I get this error.     (From WildShape):   ERROR: Cannot find folder: TWJToA/WildShape/Land 10:07PM (From WildShape):  ERROR: Cannot find any shapes in the input folder [TWJToA/WildShape/Land]   Am I making the folder in the wrong place or am I naming it wrong? Thank you for your Patience  Hi Daniel, the folder is fine but did you put any characters into it? If you are using the import from folder the script is going to duplicate characters from one folder into another folder, the error is saying that your folder is empty. Are the instructions on the documentation hard to follow? I can try to modify them to make them more clear
Angelo said: Hi Zertryx, what kind of character sheet are you using? do you use the charactermancer? I noticed that if you create a new character and edit the sheet directly and leave the values to the default then attributes are actually not created at all for some reason... i can update the script to make the assumption that the value is 10/0 if it doesn't exist, in the meanwhile a quick fix would be to change those attributes and then change them back to 10 just so that the attributes are actually created and can be accessed  About the second error (saves) could you tell me which monster you were trying? Was it a standard one or a custom one? It's trying to copy those attributes and for some reason your form doesn't have them; i have not seen or heard of that error before, I could force the creation of the attributes but if you are using some custom monster sheet it might not work anyway. About the resize, could you tell me what are your page settings? Using the 5e OGL sheet We did not use the charactermancer, and i did find that changing the 10 values to 12 worked and fixed the error (however when trying to change it back to 10 it seemed to bug out and kept resetting it back to 12, idk if this was lag or the script) to fix that i just deleted the forms and redid them. for the Saves i am using the SRD monsters and just drag and dropping their stats onto a npc sheet. the Animal id didn't work for was the "Hyena" However for what ever reason it worked on "Riding Horse" and "Giant Rat" which none of them already have saves set, i tried it multiple times and got the same result each time.
Angelo
API Scripter
Zertryx said: Angelo said: Hi Zertryx, what kind of character sheet are you using? do you use the charactermancer? I noticed that if you create a new character and edit the sheet directly and leave the values to the default then attributes are actually not created at all for some reason... i can update the script to make the assumption that the value is 10/0 if it doesn't exist, in the meanwhile a quick fix would be to change those attributes and then change them back to 10 just so that the attributes are actually created and can be accessed  About the second error (saves) could you tell me which monster you were trying? Was it a standard one or a custom one? It's trying to copy those attributes and for some reason your form doesn't have them; i have not seen or heard of that error before, I could force the creation of the attributes but if you are using some custom monster sheet it might not work anyway. About the resize, could you tell me what are your page settings? Using the 5e OGL sheet We did not use the charactermancer, and i did find that changing the 10 values to 12 worked and fixed the error (however when trying to change it back to 10 it seemed to bug out and kept resetting it back to 12, idk if this was lag or the script) to fix that i just deleted the forms and redid them. for the Saves i am using the SRD monsters and just drag and dropping their stats onto a npc sheet. the Animal id didn't work for was the "Hyena" However for what ever reason it worked on "Riding Horse" and "Giant Rat" which none of them already have saves set, i tried it multiple times and got the same result each time. Interesting i have the Hyena for one my PCs and i don't remember seeing the problem. I should be able to fix it either tonight or sunday, that way i can push a fix for the one click for early next week. Thank you for the report!
Angelo
API Scripter
Hey  Zertryx , i have checked in v1.3.2 of both WildHelpers and WildShape to force the creation of attributes in case they are missing, that should solve your issue. I did submit the code to be updated for the one click as well but it looks like i missed the mark, they did a pass about 4 hours ago so that might have to wait until next week, they are really slow here and i think they only look at requests once a week... I couldn't reproduce your issue with the attributes on the Hyena, mine worked just fine without those errors, but again now it will force them to be created no matter what... I am just not sure if your Hyena is going to work properly as those attributes might be disconnected from the sheet anyway, let me know if you have more problems with it. About the issue with resizing, if you could let me know your page settings i can look into that as well; one thing that comes to mind is that you might have the grid disabled
Just installed this script today and it went smoothly! (I re-uploaded all the avatar images just to be safe) Can't wait to test-drive it on Friday evening. My druid player is excited -- thank you for this wonderful script!
Angelo
API Scripter
Jay R. said: Just installed this script today and it went smoothly! (I re-uploaded all the avatar images just to be safe) Can't wait to test-drive it on Friday evening. My druid player is excited -- thank you for this wonderful script! Hope you like it :) you should definitely test transforming before the game to make sure that everything works fine! Like i was saying in the previous message I have fixed a couple of bugs related to attributes but it hasn't made it to the one click yet, if you get errors you might wanna do a manual install for now.
Angelo said: Jay R. said: Just installed this script today and it went smoothly! (I re-uploaded all the avatar images just to be safe) Can't wait to test-drive it on Friday evening. My druid player is excited -- thank you for this wonderful script! Hope you like it :) you should definitely test transforming before the game to make sure that everything works fine! Like i was saying in the previous message I have fixed a couple of bugs related to attributes but it hasn't made it to the one click yet, if you get errors you might wanna do a manual install for now. I tested out the shaping itself today but didn't pay attention to whether attributes were all correct. Will do tomorrow.

Edited 1602514584
Looks great! Is there a way to get 2 different attributes into a bar? e.g. passive_wisdom in bar 3 and speed in bar 3 max? How is UDL handled for default senses?
Angelo
API Scripter
MykeMyke said: Looks great! Is there a way to get 2 different attributes into a bar? e.g. passive_wisdom in bar 3 and speed in bar 3 max? How is UDL handled for default senses? Thanks! No i don't have support for the two different attributes on current and max but i could add it pretty easily. UDL as of now is not handled at all, with all the bugs they have I consider it to be still in Beta and I am waiting until they get it to a more stable point before adding support for it
I'm just starting to use this... and I think it's great.  But, I'm having some troubles with it.  When I try (as GM) to add a shape that is allowed for the druid to wildshape into, I click the "Add NPC" button and get something like the following: (From WildShape):  ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Aarakocra|Aboleth|Acererak|Acolyte|Air Elemental|Albino Dwarf Spirit Warrior|Albino Dwarf Warrior|Aldani (Lobsterfolk)|Allosaurus|Almiraj|Ankylosaurus|Ankylosaurus Zombie|Ape|Apprentice Wizard|Arcanaloth|Artus Cimber|Asharra|Assassin|Assassin Vine|Atropal|Awakened Tree|Axe Beak|Azaka Stormfang|Babau|Baboon|Bag of Nails|Bandit|Bandit Captain|Barbed Devil|Basilisk|Bat|Bearded Devil|Beholder|Berserker|Blind Artist|Boar|Bodak|Bone Devil|Bone Naga|Bosco Daggerhand|Branzen|Brontosaurus|Captain Elok Jaharwon|Captain Laskilar|Captain Ortimay Swift and Dark|Captain Zaroum Al-Saryak|Carrion Crawler|Cat|Chain Devil|Champion|Chief Yorb|Chwinga|Clay Gladiator|Clay Golem|Clay No-Face|Commander Liara Portyr|Commander Niles Breakbone|Commoner|Constrictor Snake|Couatl|Crab|Crawling Claw|Crocodile|Cult Fanatic|Cyclops|Dao|Deinonychus|Dimetrodon|Dire Wolf|Diseased Giant Rat|Doppelganger|Dragon Turtle|Dragonbait|Drow Elite Warrior|Drow Mage|Drow Priestess of Lolth|Drufi|Druid|Dunlo|Dust Mephit|Earth Elemental|Eblis|Ekene-Afa|Eku|Elephant|Erinyes|Faerie Dragon|Faroul|Female Hunter|Fenthaza|Fire Elemental|Fire Giant|Fire Snake|Firenewt Warlock of Imix|Firenewt Warrior|Flail Snail|Flameskull|Flask of Wine|Flesh Golem|Flying Monkey|Flying Snake|Flying Sword|Frog|Froghemoth|Frost Giant|Gargantuan Skeleton Rat|Gargoyle|Ghast|Ghost|Ghoul|Giant Boar|Giant Constrictor Snake|Giant Crocodile|Giant Four-Armed Gargoyle|Giant Frog|Giant Lizard|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Scorpion|Giant Shark|Giant Snapping Turtle|Giant Spider|Giant Strider|Giant Toad|Giant Vulture|Giant Wasp|Giant Wolf Spider|Girallon|Girallon Alpha|Girallon Zombie|Gladiator|Goat|Goblin|Goblin Boss|Gondolo|Grandfather Zitembe|Gray Slaad|Green Hag|Grung|Grung Elite Warrior|Grung Wildling|Grunk|Guard|Guardian Naga|Hadrosaurus|Hell Hound|Hew Hackinstone|Horned Devil|Hunter Shark|Hydra|Ifan Talro'a|Imp|Incubus|Invisible Stalker|Jaculi|Jaru Tasca|Jessamine|Jobal|Joho|Kamadan|King Mbalawa|King of Feathers|Knight|Kobold|Kobold Inventor|Kobold Scale Sorcerer|Kupalué|Kwayothé|Legendary Water Elemental|Lich|Lily|Lion|Lizard|Lizardfolk|Lizardfolk Shaman|Lodestone Marauder|Mage|Magma Mephit|Magmin|Male Hunter|Mandolin|Mantrap|Martial Arts Adept|Mercer|Mezzoloth|Miboro Yan|Mimic|Minotaur|Minotaur Skeleton|Mister Threadneedle|Monkey Stone Golem|Monodrone|Monster Template Basic|Mud Mephit|Mummy|Musharib|Nalfeshnee|Nanny Pu'pu|Nepartak|Nerissa|Night Hag|Noble|Nothic|Nycaloth|Ogre Zombie|Orc|Orc War Chief|Orvex Ocrammas|Otyugh|Panther|Pentadrone|Phase Spider|Phase Spider 4|Phineas|Plesiosaurus|Poisonous Snake|Priest|Prince Na|Princess Mwaxanaré|Pseudodragon|Pterafolk|Pterafolk Juvenile|Pterafolk Sky Tyrant|Pteranodon|Pterrano Don|Qawasha|Quadrone|Queen Grabstab|Quetzalcoatlus|Quipper|Ras Nsi|Rat|Redcap|Reef Shark|Revenant|Rhinoceros|Riding Horse|River Mist|Rug of Smothering|Rust Monster|Salamander|Salida|Scout|Sea Hag|Sekelok|Shadow Demon|Shago|Shambling Mound|Shield Guardian|Skeleton|Skeleton Key|Slithering Tracker|Smoke Mephit|Spawn of Kyuss|Specter|Spined Devil|Spy|Steam Mephit|Stegosaurus|Stirge|Stone Golem|Stone Juggernaut|Strawbundle|Su-monster|Su-monster Mummy|Succubus|Swarm of Bats|Swarm of Flying Monkey Mummies|Swarm of Insects|Swarm of Quippers|Swarm of Rats|Swarm of Undead Spiders|Swashbuckler|Syndra Silvane|Tabaxi Hunter|Tabaxi Minstrel|Terracotta Warrior|The Big One|Thorny|Thug|Tiger|Tomb Dwarf|Tomb Guardian|Tomb Guardian with Spiked Gauntlets|Treant|Tri-flower Frond|Tribal Warrior|Triceratops|Tridrone|Troll|Tyrannosaurus Zombie|Umber Hulk|Undril Silvertusk|Valindra Shadowmantle|Vegepygmy|Vegepygmy Chief|Velociraptor|Veteran|Volothamp] in the journal This is for when I'm just adding the shapes.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug somewhere?
Angelo
API Scripter
I haven't seen that error before, you get the dropdown with all those npcs, and it doesn't matter which one you pick you get that error? If you want you can send me an invite to your game so i can look into it 
Angelo said: I haven't seen that error before, you get the dropdown with all those npcs, and it doesn't matter which one you pick you get that error? If you want you can send me an invite to your game so i can look into it  I don't get the dropdown.  I just get the error. I have all of the monsters I use in a folder called "My Monsters".  That includes not just what I use from the Monster Manual, but homebrew monsters, as well as things I had to enter by hand because I don't have Volo's in-game (or other books).  I don't want to have things duplicated in more than one folder for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it becomes unmanageable (for me) if the same things are in multiple places. So, I put the 3 druid forms my druid knows into the folder called "My Monsters".  I then added the druid as a shapeshifter, and then tried to "Add NPC".  That's where it fails.  I don't want to add the entire folder because it includes non-beasts, as well as beasts that are not valid for the wild shape form because of the CR.