Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] WildShape - easy ShapeShift for your PCs and NPCs

Except that it doesn't duplicate the sheet - the error message says that it can't duplicate the sheet. What's weird (and adds to the discussion) is that I have a "test" game that I use for testing things out. I tried to set up a druid in that game to be able to shift into an ape. It worked perfectly first try, no fixing the image.  Anyway, I've made you GM. If you could have a look... Angelo said: Saul J. said: Ok, I probably shouldn't have said anything in this thread. :-(  For a long time, I didn't have any problems. Now I'm having problems. Setup: I have Tomb of Annihilation and Monster Manual.  I have a Circle of Moon druid who just got to level 6 and can now shapechange into CR 2 creatures. He wants to add Giant Constrictor Snake, Rhinoceros and Ape to his list.  All 3 are in the SRD.  The Rhinoceros and Ape are both in the Monster Manual.  The Giant Constrictor Snake is in both the Monster Manual and the Tomb of Annihilation monster list. I can't set up shapechanging for any of them with the wildshape script.   I started with the Ape. I got the normal error message about marketplace content. I duplicated the sheet, renamed it to "Ape" from "Copy of Ape", replaced BOTH the avatar image and the token image. And the script still fails.  When I click "Add NPC" a dropdown menu pops up with all the available entries in it for me to select. After I duplicated "Ape" and renamed it, there were two entries labeled "Ape" in the menu list. Neither worked. Same for the other two - the Giant Constrictor Snake and the Rhinoceros. With Giant Constrictor snake I tried copying both the entry from the Monster Manual, and the entry from the ToA list and both failed, even after changing the images. I don't know what's going on any more. I don't know if I'm making some dumb mistake, or things have changed on Roll20s end, or something else is the issue but... I can't add these shapes. Angelo: I've sent you an invite. Let me know when you accept the invite and I'll promote you to GM so you can poke around. you shouldn't need to duplicate anything manually; when you click "Add NPC" it will duplicate the sheet for you and create a new entry in the journal called "XXXX - Ape" (where XXXX is the name of your shapeshifter); you would need to go in there and change the avatar for THAT specific character sheet. I have accepted the invite, If you still have problems just make me a GM and let me know and i can look into it

Edited 1614213324
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: Except that it doesn't duplicate the sheet - the error message says that it can't duplicate the sheet. What's weird (and adds to the discussion) is that I have a "test" game that I use for testing things out. I tried to set up a druid in that game to be able to shift into an ape. It worked perfectly first try, no fixing the image.  Anyway, I've made you GM. If you could have a look.. You are right, the duplicate only happens after you have a valid image i was wrong on that. I quickly joined the game and tried adding the Ape as a shape and it seems to work fine for me, this is the workflow I have used: drag the token for your shapeshifter onto the Map drag a monster from the compendium onto the Map (i.e. Ape) go in the WildShape config for your shifter, click on "Add NPC" and try to add Ape again from the list it will fail because of the image with this error: ERROR: WildUtils::duplicateCharacter (Ape -> Zanaphia - Ape): cannot find image on either token or avatar; if it's using a marketplace link the image needs to be re-uploaded into the library and set on the target character as either token or avatar image if you do get the error this is a list of steps you can follow to fix it: alt+double click on the Ape token (or open the character sheet from the Journal), go to Bio & info, right click on the avatar, save as... whatever you want on your pc, let's say ape.png on that same Ape character sheet pop-up click on Edit on the top bar remove current avatar click on the upload button in the avatar section and select the "ape.png" you just saved close the Ape character sheet go in the WildShape config for your shifter, click on "Add NPC" and try to add Ape again from the list everything should work just fine I would love to know what you were doing differently and where the misunderstanding was so i can make the documentation clearer for everyone

Edited 1614551002
Hi all when trying to add a wild shape, I get this put into the chat box. ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Acolyte|Amber Golem|Anastrasya Karelova|Animated Armor|Animated Halberd|Arabelle|Arcanaloth|Archmage|Armored Saber-Toothed Tiger|Arrigal|Assassin|Baba Lysaga|Baba Lysaga's Creeping Hut|Baba Lysaga's Giant Skull|Banshee|Baron Vargas Vallakovich|Barovian Commoner|Barovian Scout|Barovian Witch|Bat|Berserker|Beucephalus|Black Pudding|Bluto Krogarov|Broom of Animated Attack|Cat|Clay Golem|Climbing Ghast|Clovin Belview|Commoner|Crawling Claw|Cult Fanatic|Cultist|Cyrus Belview|Davian Martikov|Death Slaad|Dire Wolf|Distended Corpse|Donavich|Doru|Draft Horse|Dretch|Druid|Dusk Elf Guard|Emil Toranescu|Escher|Exethanter|Ezmerelda d'Avenir|Flameskull|Flesh Golem|Flying Sword|Gadof Blinsky|Gargoyle|Gate Guard|Gertruda|Ghast|Ghost|Ghoul|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Spider|Giant Wolf Spider|Gladiator|Goat|Gray Ooze|Grick|Guard|Guardian Portrait|Helga Ruvak|Hell Hound|Henrik van der Voort|Imp|Invisible Stalker|Ireena Kolyana|Iron Golem|Ismark Kolyanovich|Izek Strazni|Kasimir Velikov|Kiril Stoyanovich|Knight|Lady Fiona Wachter|Lady Lydia Petrovna|Lich|Lief Lipsiege|Living Fire|Ludmilla Vilisevic|Luvash|Mad Mary|Madam Eva|Mage|Majesto|Marzena Belview|Mastiff|Milivoj|Mimic|Mishka Belview|Mongrelfolk|Morgantha|Mule|Needle Blight|Night Hag|Nikolai Wachter|Noble|Nothic|Otto Belview|Parriwimple|Patrina Velikovna|Phantom Warrior|Phantom Warrior with Spectral Longbow|Piccolo|Pidlwick II|Poltergeist|Priest|Quasit|Rahadin|Raven|Red Dragon Wyrmling|Revenant|Revenant with Longsword|Rictavio|Riding Horse|Roc|Rosavalda] in the journal any idea what to do? I have the character token set up, this happens when I try to add a NPC shape for them.
Angelo
API Scripter
There's a setting called separator in the main config, make sure you don't have a character name that includes that separator. Aaron M. said: Hi all when trying to add a wild shape, I get this put into the chat box. ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Acolyte|Amber Golem|Anastrasya Karelova|Animated Armor|Animated Halberd|Arabelle|Arcanaloth|Archmage|Armored Saber-Toothed Tiger|Arrigal|Assassin|Baba Lysaga|Baba Lysaga's Creeping Hut|Baba Lysaga's Giant Skull|Banshee|Baron Vargas Vallakovich|Barovian Commoner|Barovian Scout|Barovian Witch|Bat|Berserker|Beucephalus|Black Pudding|Bluto Krogarov|Broom of Animated Attack|Cat|Clay Golem|Climbing Ghast|Clovin Belview|Commoner|Crawling Claw|Cult Fanatic|Cultist|Cyrus Belview|Davian Martikov|Death Slaad|Dire Wolf|Distended Corpse|Donavich|Doru|Draft Horse|Dretch|Druid|Dusk Elf Guard|Emil Toranescu|Escher|Exethanter|Ezmerelda d'Avenir|Flameskull|Flesh Golem|Flying Sword|Gadof Blinsky|Gargoyle|Gate Guard|Gertruda|Ghast|Ghost|Ghoul|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Spider|Giant Wolf Spider|Gladiator|Goat|Gray Ooze|Grick|Guard|Guardian Portrait|Helga Ruvak|Hell Hound|Henrik van der Voort|Imp|Invisible Stalker|Ireena Kolyana|Iron Golem|Ismark Kolyanovich|Izek Strazni|Kasimir Velikov|Kiril Stoyanovich|Knight|Lady Fiona Wachter|Lady Lydia Petrovna|Lich|Lief Lipsiege|Living Fire|Ludmilla Vilisevic|Luvash|Mad Mary|Madam Eva|Mage|Majesto|Marzena Belview|Mastiff|Milivoj|Mimic|Mishka Belview|Mongrelfolk|Morgantha|Mule|Needle Blight|Night Hag|Nikolai Wachter|Noble|Nothic|Otto Belview|Parriwimple|Patrina Velikovna|Phantom Warrior|Phantom Warrior with Spectral Longbow|Piccolo|Pidlwick II|Poltergeist|Priest|Quasit|Rahadin|Raven|Red Dragon Wyrmling|Revenant|Revenant with Longsword|Rictavio|Riding Horse|Roc|Rosavalda] in the journal any idea what to do? I have the character token set up, this happens when I try to add a NPC shape for them.

Edited 1614626075
Angelo said: There's a setting called separator in the main config, make sure you don't have a character name that includes that separator. Aaron M. said: Hi all when trying to add a wild shape, I get this put into the chat box. ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Acolyte|Amber Golem|Anastrasya Karelova|Animated Armor|Animated Halberd|Arabelle|Arcanaloth|Archmage|Armored Saber-Toothed Tiger|Arrigal|Assassin|Baba Lysaga|Baba Lysaga's Creeping Hut|Baba Lysaga's Giant Skull|Banshee|Baron Vargas Vallakovich|Barovian Commoner|Barovian Scout|Barovian Witch|Bat|Berserker|Beucephalus|Black Pudding|Bluto Krogarov|Broom of Animated Attack|Cat|Clay Golem|Climbing Ghast|Clovin Belview|Commoner|Crawling Claw|Cult Fanatic|Cultist|Cyrus Belview|Davian Martikov|Death Slaad|Dire Wolf|Distended Corpse|Donavich|Doru|Draft Horse|Dretch|Druid|Dusk Elf Guard|Emil Toranescu|Escher|Exethanter|Ezmerelda d'Avenir|Flameskull|Flesh Golem|Flying Sword|Gadof Blinsky|Gargoyle|Gate Guard|Gertruda|Ghast|Ghost|Ghoul|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Spider|Giant Wolf Spider|Gladiator|Goat|Gray Ooze|Grick|Guard|Guardian Portrait|Helga Ruvak|Hell Hound|Henrik van der Voort|Imp|Invisible Stalker|Ireena Kolyana|Iron Golem|Ismark Kolyanovich|Izek Strazni|Kasimir Velikov|Kiril Stoyanovich|Knight|Lady Fiona Wachter|Lady Lydia Petrovna|Lich|Lief Lipsiege|Living Fire|Ludmilla Vilisevic|Luvash|Mad Mary|Madam Eva|Mage|Majesto|Marzena Belview|Mastiff|Milivoj|Mimic|Mishka Belview|Mongrelfolk|Morgantha|Mule|Needle Blight|Night Hag|Nikolai Wachter|Noble|Nothic|Otto Belview|Parriwimple|Patrina Velikovna|Phantom Warrior|Phantom Warrior with Spectral Longbow|Piccolo|Pidlwick II|Poltergeist|Priest|Quasit|Rahadin|Raven|Red Dragon Wyrmling|Revenant|Revenant with Longsword|Rictavio|Riding Horse|Roc|Rosavalda] in the journal any idea what to do? I have the character token set up, this happens when I try to add a NPC shape for them. How do I find out what the separator is? Everything is blank, I tried, uninstalling and reinstalling the API, but I Can't do anything with the API now, try and edit shifters, and I am taken back to the main config, !ws with the character shifter selected and it doesn't take me to the usual edit menu. but in another game I run, it comes up with <###> in the command separator

Edited 1614626441
Angelo
API Scripter
the separator is right at the top of that config, for some reason in your case is "empty" which breaks everything. I pushed a change to the script two weeks ago to autofix it if you ever put an empty separator (or if it becomes blank for any reason) but roll20 is still not pushing it to the one click for some reason (no one in roll20 is responding to me about that, hopefully they will fix it soon?). if you don't want to wait on the new version of the script to make it over you have two options: - delete the wildhsape and wildhelpers scripts you have installed from the one click and manually install the updated versions from the github link in the first page; once the updated scripts makes it over to the one click (i'll post here to let everyone know) you can delete them and reinstall WildShape from the one click again  - click on the big reset button at the bottom of that page, that would delete your shapeshifters and you would need to readd them (and all their shapes) tho

Edited 1614628302
Angelo said: the separator is right at the top of that config, for some reason in your case is "empty" which breaks everything. I pushed a change to the script two weeks ago to autofix it if you ever put an empty separator (or if it becomes blank for any reason) but roll20 is still not pushing it to the one click for some reason (no one in roll20 is responding to me about that, hopefully they will fix it soon?). if you don't want to wait on the new version of the script to make it over you have two options: - delete the wildhsape and wildhelpers scripts you have installed from the one click and manually install the updated versions from the github link in the first page; once the updated scripts makes it over to the one click (i'll post here to let everyone know) you can delete them and reinstall WildShape from the one click again  - click on the big reset button at the bottom of that page, that would delete your shapeshifters and you would need to readd them (and all their shapes) tho O.K. I have done this, and the script doesn't trigger at all. the !ws command won't even bring the main config menu up. this is what is showing up on the API script page. this is being run on a copied game, so I only have the 2 scripts running
For a time today, from about 2:30pm (New York time) to about 2:45pm, I was having troubles with all scripts. I think something on Roll20s side was down.  I would try it again now since it seems to have cleared up. If you're still having trouble, try hitting the Blue "Restart API Sandbox" button.  Aaron M. said: Angelo said: the separator is right at the top of that config, for some reason in your case is "empty" which breaks everything. I pushed a change to the script two weeks ago to autofix it if you ever put an empty separator (or if it becomes blank for any reason) but roll20 is still not pushing it to the one click for some reason (no one in roll20 is responding to me about that, hopefully they will fix it soon?). if you don't want to wait on the new version of the script to make it over you have two options: - delete the wildhsape and wildhelpers scripts you have installed from the one click and manually install the updated versions from the github link in the first page; once the updated scripts makes it over to the one click (i'll post here to let everyone know) you can delete them and reinstall WildShape from the one click again  - click on the big reset button at the bottom of that page, that would delete your shapeshifters and you would need to readd them (and all their shapes) tho O.K. I have done this, and the script doesn't trigger at all. the !ws command won't even bring the main config menu up. this is what is showing up on the API script page. this is being run on a copied game, so I only have the 2 scripts running
I have done several times. On the actual game with the issue all my other scripts work fine. Just something went wrong with the wildshape script. Tried it in a separate game to see of there was a clash, but it didn't work in the new game either. 
Angelo
API Scripter
sorry aaron which of the two did you do? the reset or the manual install? If you send me a link to your game and make me a GM i can look into it, but that API Output Console looks like that when roll20 is having problems
Angelo said: sorry aaron which of the two did you do? the reset or the manual install? If you send me a link to your game and make me a GM i can look into it, but that API Output Console looks like that when roll20 is having problems I reset the characters which didn't work, so did the manual install, I will try again tomorrow and if nothing seems to work, I'll then send the invite via Private message.
Angelo
API Scripter
found the issue, pushed a new version and fixed Aaron game. The problem is that there are some characters with double quotes in their name "xxx" and those screw up things in how strings are parsed... I have added a better error message in that case that should point you to the problem in case it happens
Don't know if this is related to all the other problems that Roll20 is having tonight but when I started my game tonight, around 6pm (EST), Wildshape would not load no matter what. I tried restarting the sandbox several times but it wouldn't load/run and tried periodically up until about 8pm. I also tried switching to a different version of wildshape and it still wouldn't load/run.  As I said, I don't know if this is related to the other issues or not. But, I had no problems with any of the other API scripts, just Wildshape.  No errors or any clue what was happening.
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: Don't know if this is related to all the other problems that Roll20 is having tonight but when I started my game tonight, around 6pm (EST), Wildshape would not load no matter what. I tried restarting the sandbox several times but it wouldn't load/run and tried periodically up until about 8pm. I also tried switching to a different version of wildshape and it still wouldn't load/run.  As I said, I don't know if this is related to the other issues or not. But, I had no problems with any of the other API scripts, just Wildshape.  No errors or any clue what was happening. there is something weird going on with the one click install, i have been trying to get support from roll20 for at least a week with no luck. I would suggest you just remove the one click version and install the latest on both files manually if you are having problems

Edited 1614802741
I tried to load both files from github - first the wildhelpers script, then the wildshape script.  Still doesn't work.  I suspect the problem is with the code somehow. There might be an insidious error that doesn't throw an error message but still doesn't let it load.  Maybe an extra space somewhere it doesn't belong? FWIW, I put wildshape.js into a javascript syntax checker and it only went through about 66% of the file before giving up because of too many errors.  Most of them were about the "arrow" function syntax being incorrect and a few errors about missing semicolons. I went back to version 1.4.0 loading it from the github file and that worked correctly. Angelo said: there is something weird going on with the one click install, i have been trying to get support from roll20 for at least a week with no luck. I would suggest you just remove the one click version and install the latest on both files manually if you are having problems
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: I tried to load both files from github - first the wildhelpers script, then the wildshape script.  Still doesn't work.  I suspect the problem is with the code somehow. There might be an insidious error that doesn't throw an error message but still doesn't let it load.  Maybe an extra space somewhere it doesn't belong? FWIW, I put wildshape.js into a javascript syntax checker and it only went through about 66% of the file before giving up because of too many errors.  Most of them were about the "arrow" function syntax being incorrect and a few errors about missing semicolons. I went back to version 1.4.0 loading it from the github file and that worked correctly. Angelo said: there is something weird going on with the one click install, i have been trying to get support from roll20 for at least a week with no luck. I would suggest you just remove the one click version and install the latest on both files manually if you are having problems could you send me an invite to your game? That should not be the case at all
Well, I tried 1.4.1 both through 1-click and manually and it failed. I tried 1.4.0 manually and it worked. So, I'm not sure what the issue is. But, I'll be sending you an invite.  Given all the times you're in and out of my game, maybe you should just consider staying on afterward. :-) Angelo said: Saul J. said: I tried to load both files from github - first the wildhelpers script, then the wildshape script.  Still doesn't work.  I suspect the problem is with the code somehow. There might be an insidious error that doesn't throw an error message but still doesn't let it load.  Maybe an extra space somewhere it doesn't belong? FWIW, I put wildshape.js into a javascript syntax checker and it only went through about 66% of the file before giving up because of too many errors.  Most of them were about the "arrow" function syntax being incorrect and a few errors about missing semicolons. I went back to version 1.4.0 loading it from the github file and that worked correctly. Angelo said: there is something weird going on with the one click install, i have been trying to get support from roll20 for at least a week with no luck. I would suggest you just remove the one click version and install the latest on both files manually if you are having problems could you send me an invite to your game? That should not be the case at all
Angelo
API Scripter
latest version on the manual install is 1.4.2, that would explain why you were still having problems :) Saul J. said: Well, I tried 1.4.1 both through 1-click and manually and it failed. I tried 1.4.0 manually and it worked. So, I'm not sure what the issue is. But, I'll be sending you an invite.  Given all the times you're in and out of my game, maybe you should just consider staying on afterward. :-) Angelo said: Saul J. said: I tried to load both files from github - first the wildhelpers script, then the wildshape script.  Still doesn't work.  I suspect the problem is with the code somehow. There might be an insidious error that doesn't throw an error message but still doesn't let it load.  Maybe an extra space somewhere it doesn't belong? FWIW, I put wildshape.js into a javascript syntax checker and it only went through about 66% of the file before giving up because of too many errors.  Most of them were about the "arrow" function syntax being incorrect and a few errors about missing semicolons. I went back to version 1.4.0 loading it from the github file and that worked correctly. Angelo said: there is something weird going on with the one click install, i have been trying to get support from roll20 for at least a week with no luck. I would suggest you just remove the one click version and install the latest on both files manually if you are having problems could you send me an invite to your game? That should not be the case at all
I don't see a 1.4.2 on github. The most recent version is 1.4.1 and that one did not work.

Edited 1614824009
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: I don't see a 1.4.2 on github. The most recent version is 1.4.1 and that one did not work. not sure where you are looking, but i have installed the latest (1.4.2) on your game from my github and everything it's working fine: <a href="https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20</a> Looks like the one click version is completely busted right now, if anyone else has problems just install the scripts manually. You'll need to delete the one click version for the two scripts and then create two new manual entries with copy/paste from below (it's important that WildHelpers goes before WildShape) WildHelpers: <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildHelpers.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildHelpers.js</a> WildShape: <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildShape/WildShape.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildShape/WildShape.js</a> I'll post here once they fix the one click version
God. What did they do to break the one-click?
Ah. I see the issue.&nbsp; I was pulling the script from the Roll20's repository for API scripts ( <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/WildShape" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/WildShape</a> ).&nbsp; You're pulling it from your personal space. They are different areas on github. Angelo said: Saul J. said: I don't see a 1.4.2 on github. The most recent version is 1.4.1 and that one did not work. not sure where you are looking, but i have installed the latest (1.4.2) on your game from my github and everything it's working fine: <a href="https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20</a> Looks like the one click version is completely busted right now, if anyone else has problems just install the scripts manually. You'll need to delete the one click version for the two scripts and then create two new manual entries with copy/paste from below (it's important that WildHelpers goes before WildShape) WildHelpers: <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildHelpers.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildHelpers.js</a> WildShape: <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildShape/WildShape.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ocangelo/roll20/master/WildShape/WildShape.js</a> I'll post here once they fix the one click version
Angelo
API Scripter
Jay R. said: God. What did they do to break the one-click? they messed it up when they merged the 1.4.1, i have been sending messages and tagging people since then and no official replies at all. (~10 days) I pushed a new version on tuesday (1.4.2), i hope that will autofix it when they merge it over, but they usually do it on mondays/tuesdays so it will have to wait until next week since no one is replying to me.&nbsp;
Angelo said: Jay R. said: God. What did they do to break the one-click? they messed it up when they merged the 1.4.1, i have been sending messages and tagging people since then and no official replies at all. (~10 days) I pushed a new version on tuesday (1.4.2), i hope that will autofix it when they merge it over, but they usually do it on mondays/tuesdays so it will have to wait until next week since no one is replying to me.&nbsp; Depressing but not surprising that they a. messed it up and b. are now silent on when it will be fixed.
I'm getting this error message: ReferenceError: Cannot access 'WildMenu' before initialization Any ideas? Using manual install vs the one click right now. Both WildHelpers and WildShape are installed as APIs. Thanks Dean
Angelo
API Scripter
Dean S. said: I'm getting this error message: ReferenceError: Cannot access 'WildMenu' before initialization Any ideas? Using manual install vs the one click right now. Both WildHelpers and WildShape are installed as APIs. Thanks Dean Yes, this happens if WildShape is installed before the other script, as i wrote in the other post the order is important
Ok, deleted both scripts. I installed wildhelper which showed no errors. I exited everything&nbsp; and later I installed wildshape 1.4.2 from your link to github, I recieved this error. TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined Are there any other APIs required? I am doing this on a clean API test game. Thanks

Edited 1614973138
Angelo
API Scripter
Dean S. said: Ok, deleted both scripts. I installed wildhelper which showed no errors. I exited everything&nbsp; and later I installed wildshape 1.4.2 from your link to github, I recieved this error. TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined Are there any other APIs required? I am doing this on a clean API test game. Thanks no, just those two. EDIT: i just created an empty game with those two scripts and i get the same error, i'll look into it and fix it asap
Angelo
API Scripter
found the issue, there was a crash on clean installs, i have pushed a fix for it (same link as above)
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks
Well, now i am having another strange issue, i just may have to wait until it is pushed to On-Click. On my API Test game everything work great with no issues, So i migrated it to my main game. There !ws works and i was able to create a shapeshifter and duplicated several animals. But when i select the shapeshifter token, a previous character and a freshly made one, the !ws does not bring up the shapeshifting menu. I can click on the token and run !ws --shift --Ape and the token will transform just fine.
I am also receiving the error message "TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined" when using WildShape.&nbsp; I do not receive this error with WildHelpers and all my other API installed.&nbsp; This error occurred in both a long time game that I have been using WildShape in with no issues and also in a fairly new game as I was installing it.&nbsp; Thanks!

Edited 1615085869
Angelo
API Scripter
Dean S. said: Well, now i am having another strange issue, i just may have to wait until it is pushed to On-Click. On my API Test game everything work great with no issues, So i migrated it to my main game. There !ws works and i was able to create a shapeshifter and duplicated several animals. But when i select the shapeshifter token, a previous character and a freshly made one, the !ws does not bring up the shapeshifting menu. I can click on the token and run !ws --shift --Ape and the token will transform just fine. i can't seem to repro this. If you just run !ws there is a "Enable Debug Messages" in the bottom, can you try to click on that and see if you get any more info? You can also send me an invite to your game if you prefer Harmony G. said: I am also receiving the error message "TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined" when using WildShape.&nbsp; I do not receive this error with WildHelpers and all my other API installed.&nbsp; This error occurred in both a long time game that I have been using WildShape in with no issues and also in a fairly new game as I was installing it.&nbsp; Thanks! Harmony, sorry for stating the obvious, did you read the messages in this page about the fix and the one click being broken?
Harmony G. said: I am also receiving the error message "TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined" when using WildShape.&nbsp; I do not receive this error with WildHelpers and all my other API installed.&nbsp; This error occurred in both a long time game that I have been using WildShape in with no issues and also in a fairly new game as I was installing it.&nbsp; Thanks! Harmony, sorry for stating the obvious, did you read the messages in this page about the fix and the one click being broken? Ahhhh no you got me.&nbsp; Solved the issue!&nbsp; My bad! :D
Hi Angelo, Just wanted to say that you've made a fantastic mod! I've been using it without any issues for the past few months. However, last week the !ws command just stopped working. I haven't uploaded any new mods and yet !ws does nothing. Not sure if its something on my side, but any insight is appreciated.&nbsp;
Angelo
API Scripter
Larin said: Hi Angelo, Just wanted to say that you've made a fantastic mod! I've been using it without any issues for the past few months. However, last week the !ws command just stopped working. I haven't uploaded any new mods and yet !ws does nothing. Not sure if its something on my side, but any insight is appreciated.&nbsp; hey larin, thanks! please read the messages in this page, the one click is broken :)
Amazing! Thank you so much for the quick reply. Too bad Roll20 isn't as fast... Angelo said: Larin said: Hi Angelo, Just wanted to say that you've made a fantastic mod! I've been using it without any issues for the past few months. However, last week the !ws command just stopped working. I haven't uploaded any new mods and yet !ws does nothing. Not sure if its something on my side, but any insight is appreciated.&nbsp; hey larin, thanks! please read the messages in this page, the one click is broken :)
Angelo
API Scripter
Dean S. said: Well, now i am having another strange issue, i just may have to wait until it is pushed to On-Click. On my API Test game everything work great with no issues, So i migrated it to my main game. There !ws works and i was able to create a shapeshifter and duplicated several animals. But when i select the shapeshifter token, a previous character and a freshly made one, the !ws does not bring up the shapeshifting menu. I can click on the token and run !ws --shift --Ape and the token will transform just fine. Thanks to Dean helping me debugging it I found the issue with this; when as a GM you have something selected in the "As" chat dropdown the API tries to send the menu to that person so you as a GM won't see anything. I have pushed a new fix for it (1.4.2.1) in case anyone runs into the same problem, hopefully these latest changes will all make it to the one click when they bring the new version over (tuesday?)
Yep, Angelo did great getting it to work for me.
WildShape stopped working entirely. I see now post above regarding the same problem and they resolved the issue. For those like me that don't understand it the first time, here are simple instructions. Remove the One-Click 5e WildShape and WildShape helper API. Go to the GitHub:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/tree/master/WildShape" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/tree/master/WildShape</a> &nbsp;and follow the instructions Copy the raw code from&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/blob/master/WildHelpers.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/blob/master/WildHelpers.js</a> Create a New Script name WildHelpers.js, paste content, and save it. Go back to the GitHub:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/tree/master/WildShape" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/ocangelo/roll20/tree/master/WildShape</a> &nbsp;and copy the raw code. Create a New Script name WildShape.js, paste content, and save it. Restart your API script and everything should now work. As of the time of this post, the One-Click WildShape and WildHelper scripts are broken and you have to create them manuallyy.
Kraegan Blue Dragon said: WildShape stopped working entirely. I see now post above regarding the same problem and they resolved the issue. For those like me that don't understand it the first time, here are simple instructions I swear that was what I was doing, but I guess I was doing it in the wrong order or something because after these simple instructions, now it works. Thank you.

Edited 1615317790
Angelo
API Scripter
looks like they finally pushed the latest to the one click and everything is back to normal! If you added the scripts manually during these past weeks you can delete those manual entries for both scripts and install just "WildShape" from the one click (it will automatically install the WildHelpers as a dependency from the library as well) if you then run !ws without anything selected you should see " 1.4.2.1 " as a version in the main config (it shows up as 1.4.2 in the one click version dropdown)&nbsp;
This is really great, thank you for making this. I do have one question though. Is it possible to make a toggle for if other players can see the PC's health bar? I have new players, and especially a new cleric and it'd just be helpful if i could make the health bar visible to everyone.

Edited 1615322032
Angelo
API Scripter
Jordon D. said: This is really great, thank you for making this. I do have one question though. Is it possible to make a toggle for if other players can see the PC's health bar? I have new players, and especially a new cleric and it'd just be helpful if i could make the health bar visible to everyone. you mean you want the health bar to be displayed just when they are transformed into something but not when they are in their normal/base form? Because I am not touching permissions at all so if you want it to always be visible you should be able to just edit the token settings for your player token and it should keep that setting after it transforms
I mean visible all the time. And even when I set the Bar 1 HP to visible to everyone/player permission 'see' once the token transforms it's no longer set to see. Even if I resave the token as a default with that option on. Once I apply the wildshape the token is... hijacked an the not visible to everyone/player permission 'see' options are reset to factory settings. (Compared to having to individually drop wild shape, this is easier so it's not really the end of the world.&nbsp;
Angelo
API Scripter
Jordon D. said: I mean visible all the time. And even when I set the Bar 1 HP to visible to everyone/player permission 'see' once the token transforms it's no longer set to see. Even if I resave the token as a default with that option on. Once I apply the wildshape the token is... hijacked an the not visible to everyone/player permission 'see' options are reset to factory settings. (Compared to having to individually drop wild shape, this is easier so it's not really the end of the world.&nbsp; weird i remember trying it and it was working for me. I can probably fix it so that it respects whatever settings you have on your default token so you don't need another option
Angelo said: weird i remember trying it and it was working for me. I can probably fix it so that it respects whatever settings you have on your default token so you don't need another option If you do, that'd be awesome.&nbsp;
Angelo said: looks like they finally pushed the latest to the one click and everything is back to normal! If you added the scripts manually during these past weeks you can delete those manual entries for both scripts and install just "WildShape" from the one click (it will automatically install the WildHelpers as a dependency from the library as well) if you then run !ws without anything selected you should see " 1.4.2.1 " as a version in the main config (it shows up as 1.4.2 in the one click version dropdown)&nbsp; Dumb question, if we entered it manually and it's working what is the benefit of reloading from One-Click?