Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] WildShape - easy ShapeShift for your PCs and NPCs

Angelo
API Scripter
did you change the separator in the main config page by any chance? The default separator is a space followed by two dashes, ' --', if you have any NPCs in your journal that have that in their name the script might have problems; one solution is to rename the offending NPC/s, another is to change that separator to something that you know it's not used for names in your journal, you can set that to any string (e.g. ' ###').   I understand that you are trying to add the single NPC manually instead of doing the import from folder, i just tested it with latest and i don't have problems with that on my test game, if the separator is not the issue it might be a lot faster if you just invite me to your game and promote me as a DM, i could have a quick look that way
Angelo said: did you change the separator in the main config page by any chance? The default separator is a space followed by two dashes, ' --', if you have any NPCs in your journal that have that in their name the script might have problems; one solution is to rename the offending NPC/s, another is to change that separator to something that you know it's not used for names in your journal, you can set that to any string (e.g. ' ###').   I understand that you are trying to add the single NPC manually instead of doing the import from folder, i just tested it with latest and i don't have problems with that on my test game, if the separator is not the issue it might be a lot faster if you just invite me to your game and promote me as a DM, i could have a quick look that way The separator appears to be, by default, "###"  I didn't change it from the script install.  And none of the NPCs have either that, or any other non-alphanumeric character in their names.  I will invite you so you can poke around.
Hi, I'm trying to utilize your api in a campaign for a warlock who shifts into a raven.  I disabled the settings for druid but no matter what I do, the token for the raven is always medium.  There is no option for tiny or small in the drop down for token size.  

Edited 1602699313
Angelo
API Scripter
DM Eddie said: Hi, I'm trying to utilize your api in a campaign for a warlock who shifts into a raven.  I disabled the settings for druid but no matter what I do, the token for the raven is always medium.  There is no option for tiny or small in the drop down for token size.   Hi! I can add the tiny size (i just completely missed it, small and medium are the same for 5e) , but i quickly tested it with the Raven from the monster manual and just leaving it to the default "auto" and it sets to the proper size after transforming. Does the scaling work for you if you try to transform into a bigger creature? do you have any special settings on your page? If it doesn't work and you could post a screenshot of your page I will appreciate it, some people have been reporting problems with the tokens not getting scaled but no one has given me any info about it yet... Also, I have had an update pending on the one click for 9 days now, it's probably going to take one more week they are super slow at integrating EDIT: I've updated the WildShape,js on my github to support forcing tiny sizes (but again it should just work with auto). for the one click it's still waiting together until someone decides to integrate v1.3.2 together with the other changes
Hey great script! Makes having a druid so much easier - looking for a token that just is "alright enough I guess" takes so much time. Only thing I'm having problem with is the token size. My druid is large normally but when he wild shapes he turns medium no matter the form. I've set sizes on auto but when I set them to anything else I get the same behaviour. Help?
Hi Angelo  I'm loving the script it's exactly what I wanted, but I'm getting the same error as an earlier post. I'm planning on running a module, and when I hover over the add NPC button or click it I see this message (I'll post below). Even if I try to load an NPC from the list it doesn't matter. I'd appreciate any advice.    ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Aarakocra|Aboleth|Acererak|Acolyte|Air Elemental|Albino Dwarf Spirit Warrior|Albino Dwarf Warrior|Aldani (Lobsterfolk)|Allosaurus|Almiraj|Ankylosaurus|Ankylosaurus Zombie|Ape|Apprentice Wizard|Arcanaloth|Artus Cimber|Asharra|Assassin|Assassin Vine|Atropal|Axe Beak|Azaka Stormfang|Baboon|Bag of Nails|Bandit|Bandit Captain|Barbed Devil|Basilisk|Bat|Bearded Devil|Beholder|Berserker|Blind Artist|Boar|Bodak|Bone Devil|Bone Naga|Bosco Daggerhand|Brontosaurus|Captain Elok Jaharwon|Captain Laskilar|Captain Ortimay Swift and Dark|Captain Zaroum Al-Saryak|Carrion Crawler|Cat|Chain Devil|Champion|Champion Ekene-Afa|Chief Yorb|Chwinga|Clay Gladiator|Clay Golem|Clay No-Face|Commander Liara Portyr|Commander Niles Breakbone|Commoner|Constrictor Snake|Couatl|Crab|Crawling Claw|Crocodile|Cult Fanatic|Cyclops|Dao|Deinonychus|Dimetrodon|Doppelganger|Dragon Turtle|Dragonbait|Drow Mage|Drufi|Druid|Dust Mephit|Earth Elemental|Eblis|Ekene-Afa|Eku|Elephant|Erinyes|Faerie Dragon|Faroul|Fenthaza|Fire Giant|Fire Snake|Firenewt Warlock of Imix|Firenewt Warrior|Flail Snail|Flask of Wine|Flesh Golem|Flying Monkey|Flying Snake|Flying Sword|Frog|Froghemoth|Frost Giant|Gargoyle|Ghast|Ghoul|Giant Boar|Giant Constrictor Snake|Giant Crocodile|Giant Four-Armed Gargoyle|Giant Frog|Giant Lizard|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Scorpion|Giant Shark|Giant Snapping Turtle|Giant Spider|Giant Strider|Giant Wasp|Giant Wolf Spider|Girallon|Girallon Zombie|Gladiator|Goat|Goblin|Goblin Boss|Gondolo|Grandfather Zitembe|Gray Slaad|Green Hag|Grung|Grung Elite Warrior|Grung Wildling|Guard|Guardian Naga|Hadrosaurus|Harmun|Hebi|Hell Hound|Hew Hackinstone|Horned Devil|Hunter Shark|Hydra|Ifan Talro'a|Imp|Incubus|Invisible Stalker|Jaculi|Jessamine|Jobal|Joho|Kamadan|King of Feathers|Knight|Kobold|Kobold Inventor|Kobold Scale Sorcerer|Kupalué|Kwayothé|Lion|Lizard|Lizardfolk|Lizardfolk Shaman|Mage|Magma Mephit|Magmin|Mantrap|Martial Arts Adept|Mezzoloth|Mimic|Minotaur|Minotaur Skeleton|Mister Threadneedle|Monodrone|Mud Mephit|Mummy|Musharib|Nalfeshnee|Nanny Pu'pu|Nepartak|Night Hag|Noble|Nothic|Nycaloth|Ogre Zombie|Orc|Orc War Chief|Orvex Ocrammas|Otyugh|Panther|Pentadrone|Plesiosaurus|Poisonous Snake|Priest|Prince Na|Princess Mwaxanaré|Pseudodragon|Pterafolk|Pteranodon|Qawasha|Quadrone|Queen Grabstab|Quetzalcoatlus|Quipper|Ras Nsi|Rat|Redcap|Reef Shark|Revenant|Rhinoceros|Riding Horse|River Mist|Rug of Smothering|Salamander|Salida|Scout|Sea Hag|Sekelok|Shadow Demon|Shago|Shambling Mound|Shield Guardian|Skeleton|Skeleton Key|Slithering Tracker|Smoke Mephit|Specter|Spined Devil|Spy|Steam Mephit|Stegosaurus|Steph|Stirge|Stone Golem|Stone Juggernaut|Strawbundle|Su-monster|Su-monster Mummy|Succubus|Swarm of Bats|Swarm of Insects|Swarm of Poisonous Snakes|Swarm of Quippers|Swarm of Undead Spiders|Swashbuckler|Syndra Silvane|Tabaxi Hunter|Tabaxi Minstrel|Terracotta Warrior|Thorny|Thug|Tiger|Tomb Dwarf|Tomb Guardian|Tomb Guardian with Spiked Gauntlets|Tri-flower Frond|Tribal Warrior|Triceratops|Tridrone|Troll|Tyrannosaurus Rex|Tyrannosaurus Zombie|Valindra Shadowmantle|Vegepygmy|Vegepygmy Chief|Velociraptor|Veteran|Volothamp] in the journal
Angelo
API Scripter
Charalampos K. said: Hey great script! Makes having a druid so much easier - looking for a token that just is "alright enough I guess" takes so much time. Only thing I'm having problem with is the token size. My druid is large normally but when he wild shapes he turns medium no matter the form. I've set sizes on auto but when I set them to anything else I get the same behaviour. Help? Hey Charalampos, could you give me your page settings? a few people have been reporting that the token scale doesn't work but no one is giving me any info. One thing for the scaling is that grid needs to be enabled. Ossy said: Hi Angelo  I'm loving the script it's exactly what I wanted, but I'm getting the same error as an earlier post. I'm planning on running a module, and when I hover over the add NPC button or click it I see this message (I'll post below). Even if I try to load an NPC from the list it doesn't matter. I'd appreciate any advice.    ERROR: Cannot find character [?{Target Shape|Aarakocra|Aboleth|Acererak|Acolyte|Air Elemental|Albino Dwarf Spirit Warrior|Albino Dwarf Warrior|Aldani (Lobsterfolk)|Allosaurus|Almiraj|Ankylosaurus|Ankylosaurus Zombie|Ape|Apprentice Wizard|Arcanaloth|Artus Cimber|Asharra|Assassin|Assassin Vine|Atropal|Axe Beak|Azaka Stormfang|Baboon|Bag of Nails|Bandit|Bandit Captain|Barbed Devil|Basilisk|Bat|Bearded Devil|Beholder|Berserker|Blind Artist|Boar|Bodak|Bone Devil|Bone Naga|Bosco Daggerhand|Brontosaurus|Captain Elok Jaharwon|Captain Laskilar|Captain Ortimay Swift and Dark|Captain Zaroum Al-Saryak|Carrion Crawler|Cat|Chain Devil|Champion|Champion Ekene-Afa|Chief Yorb|Chwinga|Clay Gladiator|Clay Golem|Clay No-Face|Commander Liara Portyr|Commander Niles Breakbone|Commoner|Constrictor Snake|Couatl|Crab|Crawling Claw|Crocodile|Cult Fanatic|Cyclops|Dao|Deinonychus|Dimetrodon|Doppelganger|Dragon Turtle|Dragonbait|Drow Mage|Drufi|Druid|Dust Mephit|Earth Elemental|Eblis|Ekene-Afa|Eku|Elephant|Erinyes|Faerie Dragon|Faroul|Fenthaza|Fire Giant|Fire Snake|Firenewt Warlock of Imix|Firenewt Warrior|Flail Snail|Flask of Wine|Flesh Golem|Flying Monkey|Flying Snake|Flying Sword|Frog|Froghemoth|Frost Giant|Gargoyle|Ghast|Ghoul|Giant Boar|Giant Constrictor Snake|Giant Crocodile|Giant Four-Armed Gargoyle|Giant Frog|Giant Lizard|Giant Poisonous Snake|Giant Scorpion|Giant Shark|Giant Snapping Turtle|Giant Spider|Giant Strider|Giant Wasp|Giant Wolf Spider|Girallon|Girallon Zombie|Gladiator|Goat|Goblin|Goblin Boss|Gondolo|Grandfather Zitembe|Gray Slaad|Green Hag|Grung|Grung Elite Warrior|Grung Wildling|Guard|Guardian Naga|Hadrosaurus|Harmun|Hebi|Hell Hound|Hew Hackinstone|Horned Devil|Hunter Shark|Hydra|Ifan Talro'a|Imp|Incubus|Invisible Stalker|Jaculi|Jessamine|Jobal|Joho|Kamadan|King of Feathers|Knight|Kobold|Kobold Inventor|Kobold Scale Sorcerer|Kupalué|Kwayothé|Lion|Lizard|Lizardfolk|Lizardfolk Shaman|Mage|Magma Mephit|Magmin|Mantrap|Martial Arts Adept|Mezzoloth|Mimic|Minotaur|Minotaur Skeleton|Mister Threadneedle|Monodrone|Mud Mephit|Mummy|Musharib|Nalfeshnee|Nanny Pu'pu|Nepartak|Night Hag|Noble|Nothic|Nycaloth|Ogre Zombie|Orc|Orc War Chief|Orvex Ocrammas|Otyugh|Panther|Pentadrone|Plesiosaurus|Poisonous Snake|Priest|Prince Na|Princess Mwaxanaré|Pseudodragon|Pterafolk|Pteranodon|Qawasha|Quadrone|Queen Grabstab|Quetzalcoatlus|Quipper|Ras Nsi|Rat|Redcap|Reef Shark|Revenant|Rhinoceros|Riding Horse|River Mist|Rug of Smothering|Salamander|Salida|Scout|Sea Hag|Sekelok|Shadow Demon|Shago|Shambling Mound|Shield Guardian|Skeleton|Skeleton Key|Slithering Tracker|Smoke Mephit|Specter|Spined Devil|Spy|Steam Mephit|Stegosaurus|Steph|Stirge|Stone Golem|Stone Juggernaut|Strawbundle|Su-monster|Su-monster Mummy|Succubus|Swarm of Bats|Swarm of Insects|Swarm of Poisonous Snakes|Swarm of Quippers|Swarm of Undead Spiders|Swashbuckler|Syndra Silvane|Tabaxi Hunter|Tabaxi Minstrel|Terracotta Warrior|Thorny|Thug|Tiger|Tomb Dwarf|Tomb Guardian|Tomb Guardian with Spiked Gauntlets|Tri-flower Frond|Tribal Warrior|Triceratops|Tridrone|Troll|Tyrannosaurus Rex|Tyrannosaurus Zombie|Valindra Shadowmantle|Vegepygmy|Vegepygmy Chief|Velociraptor|Veteran|Volothamp] in the journal Hi Ossy. there is a problem right now when it's parsing the full list of npcs/pcs if any of your character sheet have double quotes in their names. If you look at the error and look at the last one in the list, Volothamp, i can bet he is names something like <Volothamp "nickname" whatever>, if you just edit it and replace the " with single quotes ' it should work just fine. If you keep having the error just look at the last name in the error, that should give you an indication on which character has the problematic quotes. I need to find the time to edit the script to fix the parsing in that case...
Love the script!  Thanks for your contribution to the community Angelo. Just adding one comment here in case someone else goes down the wrong path as I did.  When I went to set up the resource management, I mistakenly entered "class_resource" as the WildShape Resource in the config.  After all, the attribute "class_resource" is where (for this particular character) the count of available wild shapes is stored.  What I didn't realize is that the config wants the *name* of the resource where it is stored.  For this character (and generally by default) the name "Wild Shape" is stored in "class_resource_name", and "Wild Shape" (or "wild shape", as it's case insensitive) is what the config needs to point the script to the proper resource.  Using the resource name probably makes more sense given that's what shows on the character sheet...but it wasn't as intuitive to me (probably because I'm used to dealing directly with attributes for the various other API I'm using). tl:dr  - remember to use whatever shows in the resource name field for configuring the resource management.  Don't use the name of the attribute storing the number of resources available.
Heya there. The page settings are: Grid: Enabled 1cell: 5ft 25 x25. 70px per square Measurement D&D 5E/4E No dynamic lighting or anything like that. Yeah, the druid turns to a medium creature that is centred on the midpoint of 4 grid boxes (I don't know if that's standard behaviour). If turned back he remains medium-sized in the same point. Let me know if you need anything else, happy to try anything.
Angelo
API Scripter
Did you remember to change the size for your druid in his page setting?
I'm still having troubles with this script.  My druid player can change shapes to what we already prepared just fine but I'm having troubles adding new shapes for him.  The first shape I tried was Giant Spider which is in my journal loaded in from the Tomb of Annihilation module.  The other was a Brown Bear which I took from the Monster Manual compendium. For Brown Bear, I click on "Add NPC" but "Brown Bear" isn't in the drop down menu despite the fact that it's in my journal - I even put a token down on the map, so I know it's there. For Giant Spider, I click on "Add NPC", I select "Giant Spider" from the drop down menu and I get: (From WildShape):  adding shape Giant Spider, please wait... (From WildShape):  ERROR: WildUtils::duplicateCharacter (Giant Spider -> Root Ben'Grognard - Giant Spider): cannot find image on either token or avatar; if it's using a marketplace link the image needs to be re-uploaded into the library and set on the target character as either token or avatar image (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot duplicate character, skipping: Giant Spider
After playing with it for a while, I somehow managed to get it to load Brown Bear - I'm not sure what I did to make it suddenly appear in he drop down list but it was there.  But, after adding it, when I went to shapechange the character into the brown bear, I got: (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_str_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_dex_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_con_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_int_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_wis_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_cha_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW

Edited 1603385889
Angelo
API Scripter
saul which version of the script are you using? the one click install was updated today, if you are using a manual copy can you make sure you have latest? (1.3.2) For the giant spider, that is a common error for some of the monsters in the compendium and if the message is not clear you can find a step by step solution on how to fix it in the documentation.
Sorry thought I had answered this. Yes, I set the druid as large.  When I do so all the forms are large even if they are set to different sizes.
Angelo
API Scripter
Charalampos K. said: Sorry thought I had answered this. Yes, I set the druid as large.  When I do so all the forms are large even if they are set to different sizes. can you send me an invite to your game? it seems to work just fine on my tests so i would need to have a look first hand
Angelo  said: saul which version of the script are you using? the one click install was updated today, if you are using a manual copy can you make sure you have latest? (1.3.2) For the giant spider is a common error for some of the monsters in the compendium and if the message is not clear you can find a step by step solution on how to fix in the documentation. For some reason, this got deleted.  I'm not sure why. To answer you: I'm using the one click install.  So, I assume it's the latest version. For the giant spider, that fixes the problem.  I think the problem may be caused by the avatar having a name like "med" rather than the actual name of the creature.  By uploading the avatar from disk, it changes the name from "med" to "Giant Spider" and that fixes the problem.  That might help you find a long-term solution. After installing the spider, I can shift the druid into the spider and back again without an error.  But, not the bear.  So there's something still wrong there.  I still get the following errors when shifting into bear form: From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_str_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_dex_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_con_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_int_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_wis_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_cha_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW Root Ben'Grognard: Transforming into Brown Bear
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: Angelo  said: saul which version of the script are you using? the one click install was updated today, if you are using a manual copy can you make sure you have latest? (1.3.2) For the giant spider is a common error for some of the monsters in the compendium and if the message is not clear you can find a step by step solution on how to fix in the documentation. For some reason, this got deleted.  I'm not sure why. To answer you: I'm using the one click install.  So, I assume it's the latest version. For the giant spider, that fixes the problem.  I think the problem may be caused by the avatar having a name like "med" rather than the actual name of the creature.  By uploading the avatar from disk, it changes the name from "med" to "Giant Spider" and that fixes the problem.  That might help you find a long-term solution. After installing the spider, I can shift the druid into the spider and back again without an error.  But, not the bear.  So there's something still wrong there.  I still get the following errors when shifting into bear form: From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_str_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_dex_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_con_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_int_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_wis_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW (From WildShape):  ERROR: cannot find attribute npc_cha_save on shape -MK7umWbOM29MMkOguJW Root Ben'Grognard: Transforming into Brown Bear Those messages should not be happening with latest on the oneclick, can you send me an invite to your game?
Am I correct that this had not yet been updated to the new Dynamic Lighting version?  I tried forcing senses and it changed the old lightning.
Angelo
API Scripter
LongStrider said: Am I correct that this had not yet been updated to the new Dynamic Lighting version?  I tried forcing senses and it changed the old lightning. that is correct, I am not planning on working on it until they fix all issues with the new DL, for now i consider that feature still beta
Angelo said: can you send me an invite to your game? it seems to work just fine on my tests so i would need to have a look first hand Sent you a PM. Thanks for taking the time!
hello angelo, I am having a problem with the script. Everything works fine,except that the tokens will not change size as expected...their size remains normal.
Angelo
API Scripter
DM Thymios said: hello angelo, I am having a problem with the script. Everything works fine,except that the tokens will not change size as expected...their size remains normal. are you trying to transform into an NPC or a PC? For PCs the "auto" setting doesn't work, it defaults to normal, so you will need to go into the "shape config" and force which size you want manually. For NPCs, can you post your page settings? do you have the grid enabled?
Im using this script, and found that is simple amazing! Thanks for the great work! I love it! I found just a little bug, I set my player's characters and NPCs to always roll advantage, but when I use the wildshape to turn into an animal form or turn back to the basic form, the script automaticaly change the setting to Advantage Toggle. Could this be configurable somewhere in the !ws config? or, Could it remember the default setting of game?

Edited 1605029244
Angelo
API Scripter
Hector G. said: Im using this script, and found that is simple amazing! Thanks for the great work! I love it! I found just a little bug, I set my player's characters and NPCs to always roll advantage, but when I use the wildshape to turn into an animal form or turn back to the basic form, the script automaticaly change the setting to Advantage Toggle. Could this be configurable somewhere in the !ws config? or, Could it remember the default setting of game? Hi Hector, glad you are finding it useful! If you open your shapeshifter settings there is an "Override Roll Settings", you can set that to false and the script won't touch anything related to rolls on the cloned characters so it should use whatever you have as a default in your game. My problem was that NPCs are set to always whisper so that automatically takes care of it. If you do need to override the whisper setting but not the roll settings for now you can install the script manually and search for this section in the WildShape.js script         // override default rolltype, whisper and autoroll damage settings to: toggle, visible to everyone and don't auto roll damage         // sometimes as a default values these attributes don't exist at all so we need to create them          if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC])         {             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "rtype", "@{advantagetoggle}");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "advantagetoggle", "{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=[[0d20");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "wtype", "");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "dtype", "pick");         } the only thing you want to leave in there is the line with "wtype", everything else you can comment it out (using // right at the beginning of the line so your version should look something like this:         // override default rolltype, whisper and autoroll damage settings to: toggle, visible to everyone and don't auto roll damage         // sometimes as a default values these attributes don't exist at all so we need to create them          if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC])         {             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "rtype", "@{advantagetoggle}");             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "advantagetoggle", "{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=[[0d20");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "wtype", "");             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "dtype", "pick");         } if you do want to apply those settings for when they transform into something but not when they transform back into the basic form you can change that first line to be like this         if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC] && !isTargetDefault) If you don't wanna deal with the manual scripts I'll see if i can add more options to take care of these cases in time for the next update. hope this helps!
If you don't wanna deal with the manual scripts I'll see if i can add more options to take care of these cases in time for the next update. hope this helps! Thanks for the quick response! (sorry if my english is not good) I'm a jr. JS programmer and I was checking the code just right before. Really appreciate your work. I will try that. Thanks! 
Hm, I kind of have this problem too but I don't really want to change the "Override Roll Settings" because I don't know exactly what other changes will happen if I do that.  For example, I don't want to change that setting to fix "problem A" only to have it create "problem B".  It'd be nice if it was clear what changing the setting in wildshape will do - that is, exactly what settings it changes or doesn't change.  This is a documentation issue and not a coding issue so maybe it can happen sooner? P.S. I've been using the script for several weeks now and, other than a few problems early on ably resolved by Angelo, my druid LOVES the script. Angelo said: Hector G. said: Im using this script, and found that is simple amazing! Thanks for the great work! I love it! I found just a little bug, I set my player's characters and NPCs to always roll advantage, but when I use the wildshape to turn into an animal form or turn back to the basic form, the script automaticaly change the setting to Advantage Toggle. Could this be configurable somewhere in the !ws config? or, Could it remember the default setting of game? Hi Hector, glad you are finding it useful! If you open your shapeshifter settings there is an "Override Roll Settings", you can set that to false and the script won't touch anything related to rolls on the cloned characters so it should use whatever you have as a default in your game. My problem was that NPCs are set to always whisper so that automatically takes care of it. If you do need to override the whisper setting but not the roll settings for now you can install the script manually and search for this section in the WildShape.js script         // override default rolltype, whisper and autoroll damage settings to: toggle, visible to everyone and don't auto roll damage         // sometimes as a default values these attributes don't exist at all so we need to create them          if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC])         {             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "rtype", "@{advantagetoggle}");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "advantagetoggle", "{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=[[0d20");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "wtype", "");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "dtype", "pick");         } the only thing you want to leave in there is the line with "wtype", everything else you can comment it out (using // right at the beginning of the line so your version should look something like this:         // override default rolltype, whisper and autoroll damage settings to: toggle, visible to everyone and don't auto roll damage         // sometimes as a default values these attributes don't exist at all so we need to create them          if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC])         {             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "rtype", "@{advantagetoggle}");             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "advantagetoggle", "{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=[[0d20");             UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "wtype", "");             // UTILS.setAttribute(shiftData.targetCharacterId, "dtype", "pick");         } if you do want to apply those settings for when they transform into something but not when they transform back into the basic form you can change that first line to be like this         if (shifterSettings[WS_API.FIELDS.MAKEROLLPUBLIC] && !isTargetDefault) If you don't wanna deal with the manual scripts I'll see if i can add more options to take care of these cases in time for the next update. hope this helps!

Edited 1605635683
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: Hm, I kind of have this problem too but I don't really want to change the "Override Roll Settings" because I don't know exactly what other changes will happen if I do that.  For example, I don't want to change that setting to fix "problem A" only to have it create "problem B".  It'd be nice if it was clear what changing the setting in wildshape will do - that is, exactly what settings it changes or doesn't change.  This is a documentation issue and not a coding issue so maybe it can happen sooner? P.S. I've been using the script for several weeks now and, other than a few problems early on ably resolved by Angelo, my druid LOVES the script. Hey Saul, if you look right under the setting there is a description that says what it does, it seems pretty self explanatory to me but please do let me know if you have any ideas on what to write in there to make it clearer for everyone! (english is not my native language) It basically changes the settings on the character so that: - it never whispers rolls - changes the advantage mode to be "toggle advantage" so that you get the bar at the top to pick "advantage/normal/disadvantage" for your rolls. One more thing that it does (and i forgot to update the description to add it) is to also change the settings to never auto roll damage. Right now there is a bug where that "override roll settings" is also applied to your "base shape" (default character). I am planning on fixing that and splitting all settings up this week so that you can pick and choose which one you want to be applied and which one you don't care about; it should go live through the one click next week.
Ok, so there IS  something that it does that was not in the description :-) Anyway, what I have/want in my game is: always roll advantage, never whisper, never auto roll damage.  So, it seems that if I change "Override Roll Settings" to "False" it will do what I want. Correct? And, yes, splitting it out into separate settings is a good idea.  When I used to do programming, I really disliked when one variable/setting/switch (whatever you want to call it) controlled multiple things.  I always found it best that each setting controlled one thing only.

Edited 1605731669
Angelo
API Scripter
Saul J. said: Ok, so there IS  something that it does that was not in the description :-) Anyway, what I have/want in my game is: always roll advantage, never whisper, never auto roll damage.  So, it seems that if I change "Override Roll Settings" to "False" it will do what I want. Correct? And, yes, splitting it out into separate settings is a good idea.  When I used to do programming, I really disliked when one variable/setting/switch (whatever you want to call it) controlled multiple things.  I always found it best that each setting controlled one thing only. if you set that to False it will use whatever settings you have for your game. In my game for instance i have the game settings set to Always Whisper, auto roll advantage and auto roll damage for NPCs so that only I as a DM see all those numbers with one click... but when a player shapeshifts to an NPC i want them to Never Whisper, let them toggle advantage on/off and have them roll damage manually -> hence the setting. With the settings bundled up there is no way to change just one of them so what you will need to do if you game settings are different than what you want (always roll advantage, never whisper, never auto roll damage) your options are: - manually change it on each NPC sheet that was duplicated by the API - install the script manually and modify those sections i quoted before (since you did programming it should be really straightforward) - ... or wait until next week when the one click gets the option :) When i wrote this script i wrote it just for my use case, i was completely new to roll20 and i wasn't expecting so many people to need it honestly.  It's a fine balance between over architecting things and the "just do what you need" approach, but i am always up to add new features based on requests!
Having a blast learning to use this script! I've played a Druid for 2 1/2 years now. Just went Pro and this alone makes it worth it. That said, I humbly submit this feature request: Is it possible to add a parameter that could bypass the menu and let you indicate which shape wish to take if you know the name of it? Example: !ws --name Air Elemental To allow you to transform into an Air Elemental without having to click a menu button. This would be more for fun than anything- Imagine a macro that did a smoke visual effect and played a dinosaur roar when you transformed into a Tyrannosaurus?! :D Thank you again!
Angelo
API Scripter
Heidi D. said: Having a blast learning to use this script! I've played a Druid for 2 1/2 years now. Just went Pro and this alone makes it worth it. That said, I humbly submit this feature request: Is it possible to add a parameter that could bypass the menu and let you indicate which shape wish to take if you know the name of it? Example: !ws --name Air Elemental To allow you to transform into an Air Elemental without having to click a menu button. This would be more for fun than anything- Imagine a macro that did a smoke visual effect and played a dinosaur roar when you transformed into a Tyrannosaurus?! :D Thank you again! Hi Heidi, glad you are enjoying it! you can already do this, the command is: !ws --shift --Air Elemental (or whatever your shape name is). Any single button in the API is created with commands that follow a similar syntax so you can create macros for them if you prefer. A simple trick is to just hover on top of the button and it will show you which command is executed in that case, then you can copy/paste in a macro :) i have been thinking about integrating vfx in a future revision, but i really don't have the time to do it. I bet that would look awesome!
Angelo
API Scripter
v 1.4.0 is now available on the one click. The two changes with this version are: - you can now specify which attribute you want to link to bar 1/2/3 - you can force roll settings (never whisper, toggle advantage, manual damage roll) separately if you want to KNOWN BUG: here seem to be a problem with the upgrade script and some games, the two attributes (hp and speed) under both "PC/NPC Settings" menus are not converted properly and you will need to set the values manually. the values are:  - "hp" and "speed" for the "PC Settings"  - "hp" and "npc_speed" for the "NPC Settings" NEW MENUS: From the main config you will see two new entries, PC Settings and NPC Settings, containing some global settings for all your PC/NPC shifters. In those menus you can/should link some attributes (see KNOWN BUG) and then you have access to the new bar/1/2/3 and force roll settings
Did something happen to the latest version of the one click install? I loved this script and it seems to have stopped working for me (no menu shows up or anything) in the last couple weeks.
Angelo
API Scripter
Parrot said: Did something happen to the latest version of the one click install? I loved this script and it seems to have stopped working for me (no menu shows up or anything) in the last couple weeks. I've the latest from the one click installed on one of my games and it seems to work fine for me. Do you see any errors or messages if you look at the API page for your game?
Yeah, I use it in the one-click and haven't experienced any issues.
Angelo said: Parrot said: Did something happen to the latest version of the one click install? I loved this script and it seems to have stopped working for me (no menu shows up or anything) in the last couple weeks. I've the latest from the one click installed on one of my games and it seems to work fine for me. Do you see any errors or messages if you look at the API page for your game? Ive been having issues as well with the one-click. I dont see any issues with the api, and i can access the config and everything else. However i cannot trigger the command to use wild shape on my PC's druid like before. When i type !ws and have her token selected, nothing pops up
Angelo
API Scripter
josiah do you see any errors in the api console when you do that? it's weird that you get no errors in both chat and api console, at the least the second should give you some errors if it's crashing

Edited 1607568559
Thanks for the quick response! no errors in chat or the output console, its almost like i dont have a shifter in the system... I disabled some of the api ive added recently, namely TokenMod, to see if its causing some sort of issue, but nothings worked Edit: I can manually change the druid into a shape Example: with the token selected i typed in: !ws--shift--Black Bear The druid token changed into the bear, however i still cannot see the normal menu that is supposed to pop up, and neither can my PC
Angelo
API Scripter
Josiah K. said: Thanks for the quick response! no errors in chat or the output console, its almost like i dont have a shifter in the system... I disabled some of the api ive added recently, namely TokenMod, to see if its causing some sort of issue, but nothings worked Edit: I can manually change the druid into a shape Example: with the token selected i typed in: !ws--shift--Black Bear The druid token changed into the bear, however i still cannot see the normal menu that is supposed to pop up, and neither can my PC in the main config page can you try to see what the "command separator" at the top is? you could try changing that and see if things work after that
Angelo said: Josiah K. said: Thanks for the quick response! no errors in chat or the output console, its almost like i dont have a shifter in the system... I disabled some of the api ive added recently, namely TokenMod, to see if its causing some sort of issue, but nothings worked Edit: I can manually change the druid into a shape Example: with the token selected i typed in: !ws--shift--Black Bear The druid token changed into the bear, however i still cannot see the normal menu that is supposed to pop up, and neither can my PC in the main config page can you try to see what the "command separator" at the top is? you could try changing that and see if things work after that So far im not seeing any change in the issue, i changed it to ### and that shouldnt be an issue with my other scripts. Since it last worked, ive added a couple scripts(TokenMod, Group Initiative, GroupCheck, and Token Action Maker) , the character has leveled up in the charactermancer, and thats about it.  Ive tried making another druid shifter and that character has the same issue Its like the menu is disabled or muted or something
Angelo
API Scripter
if can you invite me to your game and make me a GM i can have a look

Edited 1608391462
Hi Angelo,  Again, really this script makes the pro account worth it.  It has made our game with a druid so much better. My players have just leveled up to 8th level, so the Druid is gaining flight.  I am re-visiting the script to update etc.   I was going to replace the github version with the one click version but I am not seeing the one click in the library.  I am seeing the Wildhelper file though.  Is the WildShape still on the one click? Also, reading through the thread I see that I am indeed one of the people who flaked out on you about the token not changing size.  I "fixed" it by manually changing the beasts.  If you want GM access to see just let me know.
Angelo
API Scripter
Donovan S. said: Hi Angelo,  Again, really this script makes the pro account worth it.  It has made our game with a druid so much better. My players have just leveled up to 8th level, so the Druid is gaining flight.  I am re-visiting the script to update etc.   I was going to replace the github version with the one click version but I am not seeing the one click in the library.  I am seeing the Wildhelper file though.  Is the WildShape still on the one click? Also, reading through the thread I see that I am indeed one of the people who flaked out on you about the token not changing size.  I "fixed" it by manually changing the beasts.  If you want GM access to see just let me know. Hey Donovan, thank you! everything should be on the one click, you should really be using that moving forward. Roll20 i think hides scripts from the dropdown if you have one in your library with the same name, just make sure you delete both WildShape and WildHelpers and then you should be able to install just WildShape from the script library
Hi again Angelo, I was messing around in my Dev game and noticed something that might help fix the issue where HP doesn't get set to the shifted form's max hp when shifting: The current HP field is empty by default on all the NPC shapes when they're created. When I fill that field in manually, the shift works as expected. But, if I then use that field to track the damage that shape takes, the next time I shift into that same shape, the lowered HP value is what is populated. Would adding a few lines of code when the shift happens that look something like if (shiftedForm.hp_current < shiftedForm.hp_max) || !shiftedForm.currentHP {     shiftedForm.set("hp_current", "hp_max")}; be possible? (I hope that makes sense as I am a total JavaScript noob.)  FYI, I did make a macro that uses an /fx command when shifting my druid and it's cool AF. Thank you for all your hard work!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I assume the API is exclusively for using with the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet?
Angelo
API Scripter
Heidi D. said: Hi again Angelo, I was messing around in my Dev game and noticed something that might help fix the issue where HP doesn't get set to the shifted form's max hp when shifting: The current HP field is empty by default on all the NPC shapes when they're created. When I fill that field in manually, the shift works as expected. But, if I then use that field to track the damage that shape takes, the next time I shift into that same shape, the lowered HP value is what is populated. Would adding a few lines of code when the shift happens that look something like if (shiftedForm.hp_current < shiftedForm.hp_max) || !shiftedForm.currentHP {     shiftedForm.set("hp_current", "hp_max")}; be possible? (I hope that makes sense as I am a total JavaScript noob.)  FYI, I did make a macro that uses an /fx command when shifting my druid and it's cool AF. Thank you for all your hard work! Hi Heidi, i thought i fixed that issue in the latest version, i knew about the hp current/max and how they are used on NPCs, i need to have another look but thanks for the tips! ᐰndreas J. said: I assume the API is exclusively for using with the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet? Hey Andreas, I created the API based on that character sheet (i am relatively new to roll20 and that's the one i am using in my game) but you should be able to setup most fields in the config to support other sheets. I have no idea to be honest if other sheet types change attribute names, the one thing that might not work in that case is copying the druid proficiencies over. If you give it a try let me know how it goes!
Hi Angelo,  So you were correct.  Roll20 hides scripts from the dropdown menu if you have one of that name installed. Now, I deleted the manually installed scripts and used the one click but now am getting an error
Donovan S. said: Hi Angelo,  So you were correct.  Roll20 hides scripts from the dropdown menu if you have one of that name installed. Now, I deleted the manually installed scripts and used the one click but now am getting an error Scratch that.  Uninstalled and re-installed a few times and it finally worked!