Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] WildShape - easy ShapeShift for your PCs and NPCs

Thank you Angelo,  I really hope someone can check and correct if needed the snipet you sent, or pinpoint me to where i'm editing the script uncorrectly.  Also, you were talking about the mute messages, it actually mutes the shifting process for the players, but not for the gm.  Is there a way you could test it yourself if i was inviting you to a game and gm you ?
Lionel V. said: Thank you Angelo,  I really hope someone can check and correct if needed the snipet you sent, or pinpoint me to where i'm editing the script uncorrectly.  Also, you were talking about the mute messages, it actually mutes the shifting process for the players, but not for the gm.  Is there a way you could test it yourself if i was inviting you to a game and gm you ? no that wouldn't work either since i don't have pro. one simple way to remove all messages is opening the WildHelpers.js and commenting out the content of all the "chat" functions

Edited 1629324875
thanks for your answer ! I'll try to figure out how to do that (or more exactly how much of the function i should comment out) And for the HP thing ? Anyone to help ?
Angelo: Congrats. You have six months of Pro! It's the least I can do for the author of such a useful script. :)

Edited 1629741345
Angelo
API Scripter
Hey Craig, wow you really didn't have to do that, wish there was a way to refund you! I have moved all my DMing to foundry, but i can definitely use the subscription to fix issues you are all having in my free time :) This is what i have on the list right now, let me know if you have any more features requested: - add a randomize hp option - add an option to mute all messages (for GM as well) - add options for default bars setting (always show to players etc.) - add support to UDL - add a feature to automatically revert to the base shape when the hp go < 0
It was my pleasure. 

Edited 1630713044
i spent ages trying to work out why the Wildshape script would not scale the tokens correctly after asigning the wildshape tokens  so i don't know if this is captured anywhere (if i failed to read something, DOH) but the issue was the sheets that i had assigned as the druid wildshape were flagged on the character sheet as NPC. take the NPC flag off and change the sheet to PC and it scales correctly. i had to make the change before assigning the sheet as a wildshape anyway that may be my error in how i assigned them - it was just frustrating to find the fix. Wildshape is awesome!

Edited 1631035951
Angelo
API Scripter
hey stavros, do you mean that your target shape was an npc or that the druid was created/marked as an npc? i have been out for a while, hope to add some more changes/fixes for you all this week at some point

Edited 1631755338
Target shape was an NPC and I had selected PC in the api to get the shapes. too many issues with naming of my NPCs (with special characters) to use the NPC option to generate the wildshape, so used the PC folder option but the characters in that folder are flagged as NPC. The wildshape is generated but the token will not scale because of the NPC/PC conflict in the new wildshape character.  Change the flag in the new wildshape character to match the method you used to generate the character (NPC or PC) and they scale correctly did that make sense? I can screen shot if needed
I can't seem to remember how to fix this glaring bug but does anybody know how to fix it so that tiny and small creatures retain their size?  The wildshape API does not do this and I vaguely remember it being that its because the WS api relies on a setting only available to people who bought the MM.  How do we manually override the default token sizes?  The current setting does nothing.  The drop down is dead.  
Does anyone else have an issue with compendium drag and drop items onto their character with the Wildshape ability? My druid player's character sheet won't accept drag and drops even though it says they're being accepted unless I disable the Wildshape script. Otherwise, this script is fantastic and works perfectly!
Is anyone even watching this thread anymore? I can't figure out why my druid's character sheet breaks after wildshaping. It's all fine until she wildshapes and then, after that, you can't drag and drop anything from the compendium any longer and I need to create a new character sheet for her. The Wildshape works perfectly though, as described. Maybe I'm missing something? I've read everything I can find about it and I don't see where anyone else is having this issue
i don't think the developer is watching this thread any more. He sort of left Roll20 for other vtts when Roll20 forced the new Dynanic Lighting on everyone. But, some of the rest of us do watch this thread occasionally. All I can say is that I've been using the script for several months and I've never seen this with the druid player in my game. And no one else has reported it. That suggests that the problem is something unique to your set-up. The only thing that comes immediately to my mind is that you cannot drag-and-drop from the compendium to the wild shape form. The druid has to be in their true form for drag-and-drop to work. If that's not the answer to your problem, then maybe more information would help. Tony said: Is anyone even watching this thread anymore? I can't figure out why my druid's character sheet breaks after wildshaping. It's all fine until she wildshapes and then, after that, you can't drag and drop anything from the compendium any longer and I need to create a new character sheet for her. The Wildshape works perfectly though, as described. Maybe I'm missing something? I've read everything I can find about it and I don't see where anyone else is having this issue
Okay. Thank you for the reply. I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this either and I've looked everywhere I can think of. This is the only script I have installed in the past month and it's only in one game that I run on Roll20. Everyone else's character works fine. The druid character that uses the wildshape script cannot drag and drop anything from the compendium to her character sheet after she has wildshaped once; no items, no spells, nothing. Everything else seems to work fine. The macros all work for weapons and spells, the other scripts all work. The only remedy is to create a new character sheet but that will also break once she wildshapes again. The sheet says it's accepting the drop from the compendium but nothing shows up.  I'm going to start a new game with another druid character and install just this script and go from there, I guess. Systematically installing the other scripts one by one and testing them. I'm assuming it has something to do with my script library for this game. That has to be easier than just listing all the scripts I have installed. This script works great though and I'm really loathe to not use it. It makes it much easier for both me and the druid player to keep track of stuff when she wildshapes. Darned druids!
Alright. So, I started a new clean game, dragged out a clean version of my player's druid from the vault at first level and took her to 2nd level so she can wildshape. No other scripts in the game other than Wildshapes and Wildhelpers in the sandbox. Still does the same thing. I created another druid character in that same game and took him to level 2. He wildshapes just fine and the drag and drop from the compendium works fine too until he wildshapes and then the drag and drop doesn't work any longer, just like the other druid in the other game. I also noticed that both characters have a screwed up carrying weight as well. It shows 96 lbs on the first one but she's only carrying 58 pounds in her inventory. The second does the same. I hadn't noticed that before. I wonder if the stuff I'm trying to drag and drop is somehow showing up in her carrying weight but not in the inventory.  I put all the wildshape creatures into a folder in the journal tab called "Wildshapes". It has 5 creatures from the MM; Brown bear, dire wolf, giant spider, rat and cat. I checked to make sure all the stat bubbles are in the correct order. I set the rolls to be "Never whisper", "Always roll advantage" and "Auto roll crit and damage". The weapon and spell macros on the character sheet work fine. I honestly can't figure out why this is happening. Maybe I'm not configuring something properly? I've read the release notes and the entire forum on this script hoping to stumble upon something that may shed some light. I love the script and it works great but I can't have it screwing up the character sheet. I hope someone who uses this script or is familiar with the 5E Standard OGL sheet might have an idea. I'm quite sure I'm missing something or I did something wrong but I can't figure it out. I'd greatly appreciate any input at all. Thanks.
Hm, well, I created a brand new game. Created a new druid character, brought the char to level 2, and set up wildshape - the only API loaded. It failed to accept anything from the compendium - not items, not spells. I created a second druid character, level 1, and it accepted items and spells from the compendium just fine. So, yeah, it looks like using wildshape somehow breaks it... which is odd because I know the druid character in my regular weekly game, now level 9 I think, can accept things from the compendium just fine... at least the last time he tried. He hasn't tried recently so maybe it's broken there too. This is beyond my level of expertise. Maybe if you post in another forum and happen to catch the attention of TheAaron, KeithCurtis, or someone like that, you might get an answer but I'm stumped for the moment. Sorry I can't help further.
Thank you, Saul J. for taking the time to investigate this. I do appreciate that. I'm also glad that I'm not crazy. I will do as you suggest and post it on the troubleshooting forum and hope someone notices. Thanks again! 
DM Eddie said: I can't seem to remember how to fix this glaring bug but does anybody know how to fix it so that tiny and small creatures retain their size?  The wildshape API does not do this and I vaguely remember it being that its because the WS api relies on a setting only available to people who bought the MM.  How do we manually override the default token sizes?  The current setting does nothing.  The drop down is dead.   its a conflict with how you generated the wildshape character sheets - i posted the issue previously.      FIX: you need to go into your druid wildshape character sheets and swap the flag from PC to NPC or, NPC to PC  they will then scale correctly

Edited 1636369734
Saul J. said: ...So, yeah, it looks like using wildshape somehow breaks it... which is odd because I know the druid character in my regular weekly game, now level 9 I think, can accept things from the compendium just fine... at least the last time he tried. He hasn't tried recently so maybe it's broken there too... i just checked a junk game and the old wildshape druid i had would accept the drag & drop, but as soon as it had cycled through a wildshape the druid character sheet was broken and no longer accepts drag & drop it has also broken all the characters attacks, even those that have not been setup as wildshape - the non-wildshape character sheets accept the drag & drop but the weapons no longer roll damage   in testing it i believe that was my error - still checking the character tab issue also after making a copy of the game i checked the character sheets - the character tab is now missing from ALL the characters - for some reason the copy of the game lost its link to the 5e character sheet template . once i set that again to D&D 5E by Roll20 the character tab was back. but still the drag & drop doesn't work
i can get the fields working again by deleting the wildshape and wildhelpers scripts, then going back into the game and adding or deleting an attack spell (magic missile will do). this then forced the attack & spellcasting field to update the listing (refreshed a sheetworker?) and after that the drag and drop works again. then you have to add the wildshape and wildhelper scripts back in for the wildshaping to work, but as soon as you wildshape the two sections for items and attacks & spellcasting will lock up again and you wont be able to drag & drop without tech support for the script the easiest way might be to just run two characters, one to token wildshape and one as the equipment mule [or use D&Dbeyond and beyond20 to handle your character sheets ;) ] 

Edited 1636426412
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've had dig into this drag & drop issue. The drag & drop is working to an extent - it drops the compendium data into the target attributes on the sheet. You can check this by dragging an item/spell onto your broken wildshape character, then typing @{bob|drop_data} into chat (obvs change "bob" to your character name). You should be seeing a stringified JSON of Compendium data. The next thing that needs to happen is an event trigger, so the 5e sheetworkers know they've received a drop. This isn't happening. I've triggered this manually, and the sheet immediately gobbles up the drop_data (and 3 other drop attributes) and successfully adds the item to the sheet. I haven't actually looked at the Wildshape script yet to see what could be breaking the trigger function, but that does seem to be the issue, as a manual trigger gets it working. I'll see if I can find out more.
Thank you for looking into this, Oosh. That must explain why the druid's carrying weight goes up yet none of the drops are showing. 
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Quick update: it seems like the culprit is changing a token's "represents" - this breaks the drag & drop functionality on the sheet which was previously attached. This doesn't seem to be specific to Wildshape. Using any character, dragging a token to the canvas as using !token-mod --set represents|<other charid> will break drag & drop for the previously represented character, regardless of how many tokens are on the canvas. I have no idea is this is recent or not.
How do you trigger the event manually? And can that be put into a macro? That would make a useful work-around until the problem is resolved. Oosh said: The next thing that needs to happen is an event trigger, so the 5e sheetworkers know they've received a drop. This isn't happening. I've triggered this manually, and the sheet immediately gobbles up the drop_data (and 3 other drop attributes) and successfully adds the item to the sheet.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saul J. said: How do you trigger the event manually? And can that be put into a macro? That would make a useful work-around until the problem is resolved. With some very hacky browser console work - not something that can really be considered a workaround outside of testing. I've tried to trigger the same function from the API but I'm getting garbage Compendium drops out the other end. Anyway, as far as I can tell this is 100% a Roll20 issue. I've just tried a fresh Campaign, and used the normal UI to switch a token's "represents" field. The character sheet that just got de-linked is now broken for Compendium drag & drop. No API required for this bug.
Hi all! Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! The team is taking a look at this immediately, and we should have updates soon. (And an additional thank you for your patience as we sort this out!)