Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Updated Dynamic Lighting - Feedback Thread

I've cancelled my paid subscription and moved to other VTT platforms due to this.
Adam said: I've cancelled my paid subscription and moved to other VTT platforms due to this. I don't think I am very far behind. This is getting insane
Frustrated With UDL, Hoping this Gets Fixed Mid-2012 Mac Air, Running on Safari (Replicated on Chrome, Users on PC & Mac experienced same.)  I don't want to be part of the pile on here, but I'm going to to, because this sucks. Ok updated dynamic lighting is ok, it works fine except for that weird triangle. Ok but what happens if a player changes the zoom?  Oh no they can see the inside of the Castle! Dang but its not so bad. So they zoom out a bit and there's half the damn dungeon.  Happens with daylight and explorer mode on.  Any fix? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a well-known and long reported (Macintosh) issue. Until it's fixed, I would suggest using LDL instead. I do.
DM Ezra said: Frustrated With UDL, Hoping this Gets Fixed Mid-2012 Mac Air, Running on Safari (Replicated on Chrome, Users on PC & Mac experienced same.)  ... Happens with daylight and explorer mode on.  Any fix?  I'm not even joking, but the current "workaround" for most issues is to use Legacy Dynamic Lighting instead.
Adam said: I've cancelled my paid subscription and moved to other VTT platforms due to this. Ending my game soon and doing same ....
Please don't retire the legacy DL until you have a working UDL. At the moment, if I have UDL active, the scrolling and panning becomes unworkably slow. I have this happen on a populated map (with items on the dynamic lighting layer), I ALSO get this on a populated map that DOESN'T have ANYTHING on the dynamic lighting layer, and ALSO on a new page with NOTHING on it at all!!
I've explained the same issue in the previous page and I'm on Windows10, not Mac. keithcurtis said: It's a well-known and long reported (Macintosh) issue. Until it's fixed, I would suggest using LDL instead. I do.
Al Pacino said: Adam said: I've cancelled my paid subscription and moved to other VTT platforms due to this. Ending my game soon and doing same .... Same here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Zoltar said: I've explained the same issue in the previous page and I'm on Windows10, not Mac. keithcurtis said: It's a well-known and long reported (Macintosh) issue. Until it's fixed, I would suggest using LDL instead. I do. Different issue. The diagonal bar was what was being reported. It looked like you were reporting the map getting revealed at large zoom out levels bug.
Hello there, i'm new to roll20 and dynamic lightning Wanted to ask, I enabled Bright Light option for token, but it isn't emitting light, am i doing something wrong?
Advanced Fog of War in LDL has become untenable; slows everything to a crawl. Really sad since one of my players relies on having seen where she’s been on the map (and has a character feature that allows it.) REALLY looking at other options if this doesn’t get fixed soon...
So what has happened to UDL now?  I've not logged on my game for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it's not working properly again.  Right now i have maps that look like they are in complete darkness for me as a GM but when i look through the players eyes they can see the entire map, looking through the dynamic lighting lines that should be blocking their view.  some of them now apparently have X ray vision and can see through walls (see screenshots below Dynamic lighting layer   Character view   Page Settings Character UDL Settings  GM black screen overview It also appears that the players can see each other's lights sources.  In the below screenshot i am looking through the player's Raven's eyes on a map with no light sources and a smallbox style wall. with roll20 con coming up this weekend and lots of us prepping for games. i may have to call off the game i had scheduled because this is not workable currently and i don't have enough time to start a new game using LDL 

Edited 1603226895
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tried UDL for the first time today. I had to revert to legacy, as one of my players couldn't see anything. He was using chrome on an ipad.
UDL is creating the old bug from the last time they updated the engine, where when the DM selects 1 token and hits CTRL+L to see what that token sees, the page renders what all tokens see, completely removing an extremely valuable tool of the DM to describe in detail what the players see, or to make choices for the enemies based solely on what they see.  Why do they mess this up every time they touch the engine?
Fayne said: UDL is creating the old bug from the last time they updated the engine, where when the DM selects 1 token and hits CTRL+L to see what that token sees, the page renders what all tokens see, completely removing an extremely valuable tool of the DM to describe in detail what the players see, or to make choices for the enemies based solely on what they see.  Why do they mess this up every time they touch the engine? Yep, I reported it last week
Normal 0 21 false false false DE JA X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} I removed tokens with lighting on them, in the new dyn lighting. But now the lighting stays on the map there permanently. Even if I reset permanent or deplorable darkness.
Hello, I just updated to the pro version and I was trying out Dynamic Lighting and Explorer Mode. I have no issue with Dynamic Lighting, but when I activate Explorer Mode I start having issues, Player view: As you can see I get solid grey areas, which are supposed to be just greyed out areas of the map, and there is no size match between the actual map and the explored one. The same issue happens also with the DM view. When I deactivate Explorer Mode I have no issues I'm on Windows 10 and I tried using chrome, firefox and Edge, always the same issue.
Another issue i found with ADL: When my player opened door i removed light barrier on Dynamic Lighting Layer and his View didn't updated his filed of view. When I moved his tooken to the new room myself he couldnt see outside the opened doors like light barrier was still there.  Newest verison of Chrome, Win10. 
UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20).
Irondrake said: UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20). Try Edge right after I read this comment... But incredibly laggy too... I will try Firefox in a while

Edited 1603413213
Irondrake said: UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20). Ironically, this is actually a huge relief.  I avoided using Roll20 in Firefox for years because it generally performed worse and was glitchier, but just now I tried it in Firefox and LDL indeed lags far, far less than in Chrome (we're talking 0.5s instead of 8s or more of lag to select/move a token on a map that already has Global Illumination turned on).  This is actually usable again, thank god. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that animated tokens or other art placed on the tabletop are completely nonfunctional?  This must have happened in a fairly recent update (this month, for certain), because they were working just a few sessions ago.  I can see them animate smoothly when mousing over them in my library, but the moment I drag them onto the VTT, all I get is a single frame.  Players can't see any animation either.  I read through old posts and tried the tint-changing trick, and have also tried putting the animated tokens on maps with no dynamic lighting to eliminate that potential option and now tried using both Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing. Edit: Certain .webm animations seem to work, but dragging a fresh token of certain animations (that previously worked without issue) out from the library always yields a token with no animation, nor the "Animation" button at all when right clicking on it to bring up options, so the VTT isn't even recognizing the .webm as an animated token once it hits the tabletop.
Strongly recommend Opera. I've experienced no lags at any time.
Craig M. said: Strongly recommend Opera. I've experienced no lags at any time. I'd strongly recommend against Opera as they tend to be incredibly unsafe with personal data along with ties to the CCP, not a safe place if you care about data harvesting and their support network. Irondrake said: UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20). While I would love for this to be true, did they demonstrate exactly what in the update caused the issue? Typically if it was something as dramatic that would effect VTT and Roll20 it should be effecting more sites. Secondly I would recommend potentially clearing cache and cookies to test out the maps just incase.
Hi, I've upgraded my Curse of Strahd game to use the UDL because LDL on some maps made it just impossibly laggy. But now I'm having an issue where whenever someone moves a token, the screen "flashes" white for a moment. This is happening to both me as the DM and all of my players, on multiple different devices and browsers. It's really hard to screen capture, but here's a link to our VOD just before it happens:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/videos/773879174?t=02h40m33s" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/videos/773879174?t=02h40m33s</a> Speed was otherwise good. This happened only when we moved to this map from a previous one (where there were no issues), but both pages have the exact same page settings (except the page where it happened is 4 squares bigger), so I don't know if it's something on this map, or maybe just the amount of time we played made it start? If anyone has any suggestions for troubleshooting or what information I could provide to help troubleshoot / bug fix, please let me know. (Most of the standard bug report tech info seems individual computer related, but like I said, all of my players see these flashes.)
Meta K. said: Irondrake said: UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20). While I would love for this to be true, did they demonstrate exactly what in the update caused the issue? Typically if it was something as dramatic that would effect VTT and Roll20 it should be effecting more sites. Secondly I would recommend potentially clearing cache and cookies to test out the maps just incase. The IT team could not recreate my issue, but claimed that Chrome also had an update on October 6th, which they attributed to the lag issues I was having with LDL. And I would agree with you Meta K, that if it was really that big of a change to Chrome it would be widespread across the Internet, and not just on Roll20 for me. I was basically left with the option to use Firefox as a work around, but what happens when Firefox no longer works due to an update from either Roll20 or Firefox? And that is why I am seeking out a new VTT, one that will address the issues instead of just provide constant work arounds for those issues. As for clearing the cache and cookies, yes, we did do that, and it had no effect on lessening the lag experienced with LDL while using Chrome.
Meta K. said: I'd strongly recommend against Opera as they tend to be incredibly unsafe with personal data along with ties to the CCP, not a safe place if you care about data harvesting and their support network. I haven't seen anything out there to indicate that Opera is less (or more) secure than others, but let's stipulate for a moment that it's true. I literally only use it for Roll20. I'm not logged in on Opera with any other account. In that sense, it has access to nothing sensitive except my GM Notes (and this forum account!), and it's been excellent, but I appreciate your reminder to consider security with all browsers and platforms.
Hey guys, I try Firefox with UDL, lot of torches, lot of tokens with vision, night vision, emits bright, and it work perfect (no lag, no problems, no map exposed). So, as someone previously mention, It's a Chrome (and Edge) problem
Hey Everybody, This update might be a bit of a longer one since we have quite a few things to go over. First of all, we’ve heard the reports about Legacy Dynamic Lighting performance. It has been reported that the degradation appeared around October 6th. Our team has not made any changes to Legacy around that time or even recently, leading us to believe this issue may be a result of other factors. We’ve gotten initial information that may point to a Chrome update occurring at that time, but we encourage anyone encountering this issue to submit any helpful information you have to our help desk so we can narrow this down. Progress on the Page Settings and Token Settings User Interface redesign has progressed and we’re happy to say that both of those updates should be available on the Dev Server for those who want to check it out. We talked about Explorer Mode work in our last update and the team is continuing to work on that alongside these other updates, and underlying issues for Explorer Mode should be affected by completion of that work. Thanks to the information from recent reports here, we’re going to be updating the known issues with the following: Lighting is not properly updating on barriers being changed Night Vision doesn’t consistently update reveals for some users CTRL-L for GM is revealing Night Vision for other tokens. Roll20Con is now among us so we hope you all have a good time this weekend and some of our team members will be around trying to engage where they can. For more information about that, go ahead and check out <a href="https://roll20con.net/" rel="nofollow">https://roll20con.net/</a> . &nbsp;&nbsp; - Elizabeth

Edited 1603488225
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
On October 6th Chrome made some updates to canvas functions. This may &nbsp;have impacted LDL for older systems or those with less resources since LDL heavily relies on canvas. UDL uses canvas as well but to a lesser extent. This is an educated guess based on our review of Chrome's commit logs and Firefox seeming to be unaffected. As Elizabeth has posted above, we have been working primarily on in depth projects to improve UDL performance and those have not yet been released which makes outside factors the likely suspect. - Cassie Front-end Developer
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
OK, thanks for the UDL update and LDL background info!
Sorry, but I just had to respond to say I find this conclusion (of the freeze/near-infinite-lag problem to be triggered by browser rather than Roll20's production build update) tremendously hard to believe.&nbsp; It is quite obvious that the Roll20 update this month caused these problems, and certain browser/version combinations will exhibit it while others will not. I sincerely mean for this to be constructive feedback (not a flame war or otherwise appear as an argument/insult to anyone at all), and I truly hope that Roll20's development team will go back and carefully analyze their code / build options &amp; parameters to truly understand all the differences between the October production build and the previous build. Through the few months I have been on Roll20, I have found this platform to be the best out there for both website design as well as VTT, and I have mentioned this to fellow gamer acquaintances in not few occasions.&nbsp; The website is the only one I have seen which has such a nice game listing/searching/filtering setup so that people can find targeted games quickly instead of spending endless amounts of time combing through forum postings, and the VTT has all the basics nailed down for a clean and usable interface - unlike others which may have advanced features or look flashy, but cannot get the basics right.&nbsp; (For example, one that requires a minimum display resolution to work correctly is one I would never DM on nor recommend - as that is a terrible design since anything meant for the browser should not have a minimum resolution requirement; rather, the display should just grow/shrink dynamically and allow scrolling as necessary). I will add that I have been using the exact same browser/version ( not Chrome ) with no system changes, program/plug-in installations, nor option changes since I started using Roll20.&nbsp; Everything - including the voice chat - worked beautifully until just this month when the October update started causing the freeze/near-infinite-lag-time problems. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to show my sincerity as well as hope that the Roll20 technical team will really go back and take a good careful look at their code, build options/parameters, as well as any other factor which affects the resulting production build.&nbsp; Also, a good hard look at potential unbounded memory usage or assumed memory/garbage collection which actually doesn't take place would be good too... Irondrake said: UPDATE II: I have been communicating with an IT member of the Roll20 team for the past 10 days in an effort to determine why after the October 6th patch LDL began causing massive lag and slowdown on maps, making it nearly impossible to move tokens or adjust the maps. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. Their determination is that is is nothing Roll20 did, and that it is Chrome's fault as Google released an update recently for the web browser (also on October 6th). The work around to avoid lag with LDL is that I have to use the Firefox web browser, which I am reluctant to do, but will do while I wait for the Roll20 team to correct the lag issue with Chrome and their system. In the meantime, I am seeking out an alternative VTT that can use Chrome (like I was once able to do with Roll20).
Nice to see that this thread has been finally renamed.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hopefully, that will alleviate fears that legacy will be abandoned before UDL is finally ready.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the feedback Jay. I hope so too Keith. We listened to concerns about sunsetting too soon and have taken them to heart. Our conversations on that topic are somewhere in the middle threads. Markus, the VTT performance you're experiencing seems different than the one Irondrake reported which Elizabeth &amp; I were addressing. I'd recommending contacting our Support team so they can collect some information.&nbsp;

Edited 1603622612
Thank you for taking the time to respond.&nbsp; I appreciate your attention and hope that people like you will drive the Roll20 technical team to better and more stable releases.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I currently do not have the free time or resources to spend on multi-day back-and-forth debugging sessions with you all.&nbsp; (I do have to prioritize on tasks which help pay the daily living expenses. ;))&nbsp; I can only offer the suggestion of good practice and general advice.&nbsp; Though I don't have any stake in Roll20 at this time, it would be so unfortunate for what was such a great platform just a few months ago to fall completely off the list to a zero. At the least, there were report(s) of freeze/lag problem from Edge in this forum, there were two people in one of my game groups which had freeze/lag problem with Firefox, etc. all occuring starting this month.&nbsp; There are also the many people that have the problem but don't waste time posting to the forums.&nbsp; Perhaps some other more free and highly motivated people may willingly volunteer their time, log, and data for Roll20's debugging sessions. Since so many people seem to be experiencing problems starting from October, a more promising method (rather than trying to nitpick one case at a time) aside from what I mentioned in the previous post, would be for Roll20's tech team to do testing on a variety of browsers (including different versions) and system configurations, as most likely they will start seeing patterns or key findings appear.&nbsp; Systems ranging from low-end 2 GB RAM 32-bit Win10 systems to 4 GB / 8 GB 64-bit Win10 systems, and browsers starting from a little while back such as Firefox 70 or 72ish (I think that's when WebRTC was implemented , though can't recall at the moment - as it looks like WebRTC is needed for Roll20 voice chat) up to the recent versions.&nbsp; Testing a variety of browsers and browser versions on lower/mid-end systems especially should be quite easy and help increase stability. I think most Roll20 users will agree that priority should be on increasing stability rather than spiffing up new features.&nbsp; You can have the most breathtaking effects and immersive graphics, lighting, and everything, but if 1/3 of each group's players have to restart their browsers every 10-15 mins., all of those dazzling "features" would just go to waste as most would just stop using Roll20 altogether.&nbsp; This is probably especially true for the Pro subscribers and professional DMs which have to face customers' demands for refunds because games were not properly delivered. Cassie said: Markus, the VTT performance you're experiencing seems different than the one Irondrake reported which Elizabeth &amp; I were addressing. I'd recommending contacting our Support team so they can collect some information.&nbsp;
Markus said: Unfortunately, I currently do not have the free time or resources to spend on multi-day back-and-forth debugging sessions with you all.&nbsp; (I do have to prioritize on tasks which help pay the daily living expenses. ;))&nbsp; I can only offer the suggestion of good practice and general advice.&nbsp; This +100. The amount of unpaid QA Roll20 expects its customers to do on a product we're already paying for is ludicrous. I refuse to spend my off-hours going back and forth with Roll20 on issues and debugging sessions. You already have a ton of reports from your users. Look into it, and devote QA of your own to fix the problem . If you don't have QA resources, hire someone . These aren't niche cases, these are consistent, recurring, crippling problems with basic aspects of the product on officially supported browsers.&nbsp;
Ghosting from start map appearing in players nightvision:

Edited 1603786916
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
This is your regular reminder that changing DL lines to block vision from the outside of the line instead of down the center of the line makes it very hard for players to understand what is going on in the map. The door on the right and the wall to the right of that show how much a player sees with a regular weight line in UDL when it is drawn down the middle of a door and wall. Left of that door shows what a player would see in LDL (or UDL before the June 30 change). The line runs down the middle of the wall and door because the players can approach from either side. Players should be able to quickly determine what is going on, and those few pixels of information make a big difference. The previous image shows a faked comparison of LDL vs UDL by using a thin line on the left to simulate LDL and a regular weight line for the UDL sections. In contrast, LDL produces a smooth line across the walls and doors even with multiple lines used. A player can much more easily tell that there is a wall with two doors to the north.

Edited 1603797132
Still unstable, unreliable, inconsistent, laggy, unusable. So frustrated with roll20. So frustrated with dynamic lighting and that you're charging for and releasing "features" as working when they so clearly are not! Planning a Halloween one-shot with friends Friday. In advance, we had a tech test last night to check their characters were set up and introduce them to DL. What better creepy Halloween setting than peering through a dark castle Ravenloft? However, unless something dramatic happens between now and Friday, we will be playing with lighting turned off and resorting to revealing all rooms, room by room with fog of war. Creating less fun, slower gameplay and ruining the atmosphere. For two of my players, the UDL lighting worked as advertised, showing what their character should have been able to see. It was however seriously laggy for one of them and for me - 3-8 seconds to do anything or for any update on token or map selection ribbon For on player, on one map UDL worked fine, but on another he was able to see things he shouldn't have. He was also getting the lag. The worst error in my opinion though was with my final player, who got the dreaded diagonal reveal. He sent me the below screenshot. HOW CAN YOU RELEASE A PRODUCT LIKE THIS. As well as revealing most of the maps, he was getting some of the worst lag. His first reaction was to ask when "they" think this will be complete and out of alpha. Revealing the poor state this really represented for a tech feature! To possibly save the situation, we tried out LDL. This didn't break the game or reveal sections it shouldn't have done. But for all players, the lag intensified and was even more unplayable. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. Not only have I spent money on the CoS module to use roll20, I've upgraded to pro singly for DL to use in this game. I've sunk time and money in to setting things up for my friends and players to have a good evening, and your product and tech is just not up to scratch, despite months of identical reports being filed UPDATE - this is happening on his wondows laptop. So the continual statement that this is a mac issue is further annoyance to the point of feeling like Roll20 has its fingers in its ears about the problems with its own system. I'm also now getting this error on a different (albeit lower spec) windows laptop. However both have the required basic hardware to run webGL so I do not expect this to be a hardware issue but a roo20 implementation issue
Play again last night, UDL still not work. I tell my players to install firefox, the did it, and some of them fell a totally laggy experience with UDL and LDL either. Unplayable. You tell us it was a Chrome uptde 6 oct problem, something like that, I tell my players to migrate to other browser just for roll20 session but it was the same. So, are you listening to your DMs and players? Cause some of us pay for this, and this is not worth to pay for. Sorry but is the truth. Some members said they are migrating to another platform, I cant do it, I already buy 5e phb and CoS module here, and I pay my subscription for a lot of month, so I want this to be fixed, I want this to wokr like 3 weeks ago when none of this happen in ANY browser
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
ElKatWilbrooke said: Progress on the Page Settings and Token Settings User Interface redesign has progressed and we’re happy to say that both of those updates should be available on the Dev Server for those who want to check it out. I made a thread for feedback here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9359407/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9359407/</a>
Hi, In a new game today as a player in a campaign using the UDL. I'm not sure if the below is a bug, but as a DM, I sure hope it is. The first image here shows what I can see when I select, move around and otherwise use my token as normal, as a player . All working as expected. This second image shows what I could see, as a player , when I clicked on my token and pressed CTRL+L. The darkness is gone, and instead I can see the rest of the map greyed out.&nbsp; I love the idea of players using CTRL+L because it allows players to have a better idea of what it is they can see, especially when controlling multiple tokens or they have a familiar with greater sight than they. However, CTRL+L should absolutely not be showing the players thus far unrevealed portions of the map.&nbsp; Page settings for this map: UDL - ON; Explorer Mode - ON; Daylight Mode - ON. Token settings: (UDL) Vision - ON; Night Vision - ON; Distance - 60ft; Tint Blue.&nbsp; No other settings set as ON.

Edited 1603835193
OK sorry if this has been posted.&nbsp; I'm returning to Roll20 after an absence.&nbsp; When I setup UDL it seems I can no longer limit vision to each token. Whatever one sees they all see.&nbsp; When I go back to the old DL I can set it up easily so that each token has their own vision.&nbsp; Is this a design flaw in UDL or what they consider a feature :)&nbsp; OR have I missed some setting that allows the human with no torch, not see what the ORC with darkvision sees.

Edited 1603843183
If you are using Ctrl-L as the DM to see this, then apparently Ctrl-L is only for checking line-of-sight, not for checking what a token's actual view is. The only way to see what a token actually sees is to use a separate "dummy account" that can be allocated to the token. Doug H. said: OK sorry if this has been posted.&nbsp; I'm returning to Roll20 after an absence.&nbsp; When I setup UDL it seems I can no longer limit vision to each token. Whatever one sees they all see.&nbsp; When I go back to the old DL I can set it up easily so that each token has their own vision.&nbsp; Is this a design flaw in UDL or what they consider a feature :)&nbsp; OR have I missed some setting that allows the human with no torch, not see what the ORC with darkvision sees.
So, overall, my players have absolutely loved the new dynamic lighting.&nbsp; And I've loved not having to manually reveal areas like I used to.&nbsp; I have had some of the issues shown in prior posts.&nbsp; Including the one where half the map gets exposed.&nbsp; These errors seem to almost always happen only on players who were using macs.&nbsp; I've also had some stuff that I thought was a bug, and then later found out an error on my part - like accidentally moving a token to the dynamic lighting layer itself (which is easy to do when you use the advanced shortcuts).&nbsp; I've also been using "update only on token drop" - as I have found some issues with some reveals when dragging tokens from one area of the map to another - like if you have one map that is showing the upper and lower levels of a building and you are moving people between.&nbsp; Only updating on drop helped to resolve that.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have not had any performance problems. I have had issues of that cone vision thing - next time it happens I'll try to show more specifics.&nbsp; My group is full of darkvision players.
So I'm new, haven't tried it in anger, but from brief playing with it it all seemed to work for me? I just wanted to post one feature request - but given the rage at various rendering issues in this thread, I suspect this feature request is unlikely to happen any time soon :( When I tried explorer mode on a map with ruined walls and daylight illumination, everything worked fine but it looked hideous because the 'revealed' terrain was very dark. What I would really, really like (and wouldn't want to try and patch into any sort of dubious Chrome extension) would be to set the opacity of the Explorer mode revealed terrain to be a lot lighter, either on a player-sets-their-own, or GM sets for all, or even per-page setting... Ideally I would want it only to look slightly darker than visible terrain (or even hinted with a colour). Equally I suspect some GMs would like to set it to 'full' darkness so players can only see what they can currently see (possibly that's already doable?).
Is there a known issues log and missing functionality list for UDL anywhere? Actually a known issues log for all functionality would be nice. Like most people using this service I don't really have the time to sort through hundreds of posts and replies to compile the list myself. Thanks
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
PaOx said: Is there a known issues log and missing functionality list for UDL anywhere? Actually a known issues log for all functionality would be nice. Check the first post of this thread.