Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder sheet thread 2: Golarion boogaloo

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Old thread got too big, this new thread, like the new sheet, will be superior. Word of warning to everyone transitioning to the new sheet, please make sure you update your attack/weapons section if you want to use the new sheet buttons.
Irrelevant now as the merge is being done by Riley but you can find the updated html by going the through the pending pull requests in GitHub for future reference
Hello Sam, I see you've updated the sheets since we played last night. I tried to go through one of my PC's sheets and update his attacks, but when I hit the roll button, I get this error: Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"(20)"},{"type":"C","text":" +"}] I have absolutely no idea what this means.
Make sure you have values in all of the fields for the weapons so the autocalcs complete
I see; you have to have "0" in the attack modifier field, even if there's no bonus or penalty.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yup, when in doubt just modify all the fields and it'll likely fix itself.
This makes me so very very happy!
So now I am going through the fun task of converting all the sheet macros to power cards to make this awesome sheet even more awesome :D
Yeah Zepth, I got that to look forward to as well. But the new setup is sweet and once everything is (finally!) the way I like it, hooooo baby is my game gonna roll! (I'm working on a plan to lock Sam and Honey Badger in a room full of computers, and not let them out until they've come up with something awesome... who's with me!?!!) -Phnord
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh also, you'll find that there is no longer a "trained" column in the skills table. This is because the "CS" column can now determine whether or not you get the bonus on its own. Make sure you check the CS box for any skills that have a 1 in the class column.
Haha sounds good phnord! I will post up my version of the HTML with power card macros once done if people are interested and Sam doesn't mind. Will save some people the effort.
Having trouble getting the attacks to be usable in the macro bars, have tried %{repeating_weapon_0_attack} like the hover text says but no such luck. I also tried to call it with # again no such luck. I also can no longer pull individual values out of weapons with things like @{repeating_weapon_0_total-attack} and I used to be able to, has the numbering changed or am I missing something? It is more convenient for me to have buttons on the macro bars or token bars for different characters of different skill levels, than everyone with a sheet page open. Again thanks for all your hard/awesome work!!
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet instructions tell you how to use the buttons in macros. You can't call total attack or total damage since they refer to other fields within the repeating section and will always throw errors when referred to outside of its repeating section. You have to build the total attack and damage yourself.

Edited 1406645752
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Zepth said: Haha sounds good phnord! I will post up my version of the HTML with power card macros once done if people are interested and Sam doesn't mind. Will save some people the effort. Maybe just post the power card macro since posting a new sheet will be really fuckin' huge. I'll post the one I made anyway. !power --emote|@{selected|token_name} is attacking @{target|token_name} with @{gender} @{repeating_weapon_0_name}! --name|@{repeating_weapon_0_name} --usage|@{selected|token_name} --crit|@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} --ATK|[[1d20 + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency})]] vs AC/Touch --DMG|[[@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability})]] @{repeating_weapon_0_type} damage --Range|[[@{repeating_weapon_0_range}]] ft. --Ammo/Uses Remaining|[[@{repeating_weapon_0_ammo} - 1]] --Notes|@{repeating_weapon_0_notes} @{melee-attack-notes} @{ranged-attack-notes} @{attack-notes} --^Crit confirm|[[1d20 + (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency})]] --^x[[@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier}]] DMG|+[[(@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + ((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1))]] @{repeating_weapon_0_type} damage --^x[[@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier}+1]] DMG|+[[@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability})]] @{repeating_weapon_0_type} damage You can delete the AC or Touch part depending on the type of attack, and remove the ammo parts if it's a melee attack. You can also delete the notes that are irrelevant to you. I like to write the notes as part of the macro, so in the Melee Attack Notes section I'll put something like this: --Power Attack|-1 ATK, +2 DMG and all I have to do is delete the ranged attack notes in the macro to not see them.

Edited 1406646356
There is a small bug in the repeating inventory macro: /em is using their item @{name} @{short-description} @{name} uses remaining: [[@{used}-1]] There is no @{used} property with items, instead the macro should include @{qty}: /em is using their item @{name} @{short-description} @{name} uses remaining: [[@{qty}-1]] Easily correctable on by users though it will need done for each repeating inventory item.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Kevin, I'll put that fix in now.

Edited 1406651417
Since the updates, my attacks fail when trying to roll from the character sheet and all i get is this error SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but ")" found. Another error, my Skill points, at level 5 should be 45, it's saying i should have 245 total as well. Found the fix to the first one, you have to put SOMETHING in for critical hit and multiplayer
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure you update all the attack fields, repeating fields don't have default values.
Didn't expect your reply so fast, Also the skill points are abit jacked. Thanks man!
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
The skill point formula is now just Skills per class level * class level for each class, plus INT * character level. You have to check the Class Skill boxes for class skills again.
I do have another question. There is a large bar listed "Attack buttons" I'm guessing these are hot keys for attacks? How do they work or am i even right in that assumption?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
%{selected|button_name}
Save's are still showing the huge amount of data unlock attack rolls. Any chance in the future we can have a custom tab that has info we can pick and choose? Like attacks/skills i use more often?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have no clue what you're talking about with the saves. Probably not.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
That's the old macro text Please read the thread as I've said you have to modify all the attack fields for the buttons to work.
This is what an attack looks like currently Skills or saves look like this
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
If you're rolling from a repeating field's button, it'll do all the math and look more concise. Try hitting one of the button bar buttons and it'll look like the save button.
Love the update but I noticed it suffers from the same problem the 5E sheet did before it was also updated. On anything but chrome you can't see the new tab buttons. They are all just blank radio buttons.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll take a look at how Actoba fixed it and apply the same.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Firefox fix submitted.
Sam said: Zepth said: Haha sounds good phnord! I will post up my version of the HTML with power card macros once done if people are interested and Sam doesn't mind. Will save some people the effort. Maybe just post the power card macro since posting a new sheet will be really fuckin' huge. I'll post the one I made anyway. You can delete the AC or Touch part depending on the type of attack, and remove the ammo parts if it's a melee attack. You can also delete the notes that are irrelevant to you. I like to write the notes as part of the macro, so in the Melee Attack Notes section I'll put something like this: --Power Attack|-1 ATK, +2 DMG and all I have to do is delete the ranged attack notes in the macro to not see them. I am working on replacing all the repeating field buttons and default repeating field macro text with power card macros which is why I was going to post the full html when done, to save the amount of copying/pasting people would need to do. I am also adding a default value of 0 to the attack modifier fields to prevent errors when my players forget to do it. Will post it in github to prevent page spam here.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You'll still get errors with the default value being 0, that's why it's empty right now to encourage you to put something there. I'd rather you create a new thread for your sheet so that no one confuses your modified version with mine.
So what? They implemented the new character sheet, and now I have to redo all of my NPCS?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
The NPC sheet wasn't testable with the custom sheet limitations. I'm aiming to get it done in two weeks.
No worries Sam, and thanks for the heads up regarding the 0 in there, saves me worrying about that bit.

Edited 1406672679
Hey all, Our GM just implemented char sheets for our campaign (was using mythweavers before). I'm a little confused about the feats/abilities/attacks buttons rows, (0-26 dice rolls). Is it possible to edit the macros that these buttons use? There are options underneath these bars but I'm not sure how to match up those macros with the button rows right above. Would it be under edit macros in the settings tab? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can't edit the output of those buttons unfortunately.
Think I found a small calculation error Sam. My 12th level PC has 6 feats, and then I checked 1 for a Misc Feat (from an item) and it changes the total from 6 feats to 8; shouldn't it be 7 (6+1=7)?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yup, I accidentally added misc twice.
So can I still use my characters? I spent weeks making them and now they are gone
Nope just checked, all of my characters are broken now. Fan-freaking tastic.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Your characters should still be usable with some modifications to their attacks. What's broken for you?
Is there a guide somewhere I can look this up? I'm currently playing a game trying to salvage what I can.
Sam said: Your characters should still be usable with some modifications to their attacks. What's broken for you? AC seems to be completely screwed over, and I have no idea how to parse the attack now while I'm in the middle of combat trying to look this stuff up
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Armor has some proficiency options now, flat footed and Max Dex are now taken into account. If you're not wearing armor, make sure you change the max Dex source to none.
you should make like a comprehensive step-by-step guide to converstion, because I have some complex attack stuff going on there.
I typed @{selected|AC} and got this
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Surround it with [[]]
that seems a little counter-intuative. Why the change?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's always been like that.