Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Edited 1454515304
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped sheet.&nbsp;Previous versions: 1st , 2nd . Wiki Notable features: Core page Designed off the official paper sheet . It is meant to present the information in a more concise, redable way so that users can find information quickly. Speeds (Speed, Burrow, Climb, Fly, Swim) Senses (Blindsight, Darkvision, Tremorsense, Truesight) New Weapons Weapons can now toggle what is shown. Alternate damage (for versatile) Secondary damage (for flaming) Reach/Range&nbsp; Ammo Auto ammo Spellbook Casting stat and secondary casting stat can be set for all spells. Can now be sorted by prepared, ritual, concentration, casting time, spell components Automatically handles "higher level" for most spells by adding additional damage, or heals Saves have been expanded to include save condition, and save failure Spells can include an emote Spell points are supported Actions for NPCs Multiattack Toggle, alt, secondary, etc mostly the same as weapons Lair Actions Legendary Actions Optional Settings tab has been added. Output of the sheet can be shown to all or only the gm (mainly for monsters) Whisper death saves Whisper initiative (for monsters) Initiative to tracker can be turned off for tablets Targeting an enemy with attacks to show their Name & AC Halfling luck Bonuses for Abilities Saves Checks Skills Initiative Alternate gold system Custom Classes Release You can select the sheet as an option under campaign settings. If you are a Mentor you can import the latest HTML/CSS into your campaign. NPC Import/Conversion Please see my script thread: [Script] D&D 5e Shaped NPC & Spell Importer Spell Import Please see the script mentioned above. Future Changes: Custom settings: I'm willing to add custom options/variants as long as they are technically feasible and can be hidden away without effecting users who do not want it. Requests and issues Please include the "Shaped" term when posting about this sheet. I will do my best to respond to posts here. You can also open issues on github or contact me by PM, Twitter (@mlenser), gchat, or skype. If you have ideas/suggestions or want to work together I'm quite open. Differences between this version and the default version: PCs remain mostly the same. Things that have changed: Armor Vision Spells need to have their attack/damage/etc buttons retoggled and will lose casting time and components in favor of the new sorting system. Roll template for spells is entirely changed to use the same system as weapons/actions, but that will only affect a subset of users. Spell damage is split between saves and attacks and therefore must be re-entered. Class specific Expertise Jack of All Trades (retoggle it in 1 place) Spells. Much is lost due to revamp that allows many more options. NPCs lose most everything, but you can use conversion/import scripts. How to Update the sheet yourself (as a mentor): Go to Github and open the RAW html and css Copy the html In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Hit save. Contribute: Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). If you are in the EU you can email me ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ) and I will provide an IBAN number (easier for both of us). Thanks so much for your support.
Hello there; I have been very pleased with this sheet, as have my players. I do have one question that dose not seem to be supported at the moment inside the sheet itself. I personally drag several of my macros off onto my own bar for specific encounters as a GM, and of course as a player as well. For my upcoming campaign though I am intent on insisting players make use of targeted macros for the sake of combat flow and to try and cut down on some of the clutter on my end. Would it be possible to set things such as the attack buttons/spell buttons and so on to make use of this function? (Or for the sake of those not wanting this to have an additional "targeted" button/toggle). I apologize if this seems... rambling-ish, coherent thoughts have been hard to come by after the last few all-nighters of prep, which your MM importer has assisted fantastically with by the way! Keep up the awesome work! Edit: Ok, so I feel like an idiot after one of my players pointed out there was already a setting that does this. But I do have an issue with how it makes the AC and such public knowledge after the check. And while spells are also flagged to target, it does not seem to target the appropriate stat, though I could again be outright missing something in my tests And then there is this. Sadly don't have more time to play with it as I have to get ready for work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Denathil, As your players pointed out the options to show the target's AC and name are indeed there under settings. :) I do have an issue with how it makes the AC and such public knowledge after the check That is the whole point of the setting - to show the AC and compare. I could in a future update add the ability to compare (I think it'll work) and display that result. while spells are also flagged to target, it does not seem to target the appropriate stat, though I could again be outright missing something in my tests Spell attacks target AC. Is there something wrong there? "output_to_all" and "show_character_name_no" are both hidden inputs on the settings page. I don't see these errors on my end, nor did any others so far... hmm......

Edited 1436045610
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
He might be using the default in the dropdown, vs the github one? I know last week I would get those on newly created creatures using the 22nd sheet and the script. Id have to go in and change all the setting dropdowns to something else, and back, to get the 'attributes' to write and stop fussing like that. Before I switched to the github as custom, I just got in the habit of: !build-monster, assign token, toggle all the settings to make them 'stick'.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, that is exactly what is happening. He's using the default + API. I was thinking he had the option to select it, but not the hidden inputs which didn't make sense. Denethil follow the instructions in the OP: Mark said: How to Update the sheet yourself (as a mentor): Go to Github and open the RAW html and css Copy the html In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Hit save.
Yes; I have been using the one on the drop-down for testing, will push it to use the github instead. ((Confirmed, error no longer appearing)) As for the spell targeting AC, many spells call for saves of various types. If it were possible to have it call the target attribute off of the target would help ease clutter, but overall not that major of an issue.

Edited 1436081520
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a feature request, not a bug. That's why it says target's AC on Attacks . ;)
Me and my players are loving the consolidated look of this, great job! Any plans for a short spell/class feat list on the front page with just names/button to use?

Edited 1436163125
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback! As always spells cannot be referenced as they are repeating. Please up vote the suggestion if you would like to see this feature: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/officia" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/officia</a>...
Is it possible to write a macro(or api script) to list off a spellcaster's prepared spells? I am not asking you (Mark) to do it, just wondering if it is even worth trying to do myself.

Edited 1436182812
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would have to be an API script. Loop through all levels of spells and print out the ones that are prepared. Easier to just use "Show All" on spells and click the prepared button imo. Much better information as well.
I want to make a macro for myself to see what they have prepared (just spell names) without having to open their character sheets.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Then you'll have to use the API and use the looping process I outlined above.
I hope I have not overstepped but I created a wiki page for this character sheet. Right now it is simply a bunch of headings which I based off of Actoba's wiki with some section edits and additions, like the roll template which was never added to the original wiki. It seems there is a lot of information and lots of questions surrounding it. It seems also the sheet is changing at a fast pace. The wiki would allow the information to be all in one place and can capture the changes as they come. There is a lot that I do not know about this sheet. Being a wiki, it is editable by anyone with an account. Feel free to begin adding information. Hopefully those that have an interest and know the information can help create this resource for everyone's use. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... [ here is Actoba's wiki for reference: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Character_Sheet</a> ] Please let me know if there is any objection and I will remove the sheet straight away. I do not want to step on any toes and I mean no offense. I think I can help get the information out there and maybe reduce the responses needed by the authors. I have concerns, personally, about accuracy but we can take that as it comes. regards Heather

Edited 1436216488
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Heather! I would love if others helped document the sheet via a wiki. Please keep it! I will contribute to it as well. I would suggest that the NPC and PC parts of the sheet are kept to their relevant pages and not in subsections - just as they are on the sheet. Let me know if there are common areas of knowledge that are needed.
Mark, thank you so much for responding. I am glad that you are on board. Mark said: I would suggest that the NPC and PC parts of the sheet are kept to their relevant pages and not in subsections - just as they are on the sheet. You are suggesting to have 2 separate wiki pages, one for player and one for NPC? I can see it from both points of view. Your view makes the wiki less cumbersome. The alternate is that they share much the same information. The wiki does have a Talk option. We should move the conversation there so we do not bog down this thread. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Talk:DnD5e_Shaped_Characte" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Talk:DnD5e_Shaped_Characte</a>... H
I notice a few players have issues finding the NPC sheet, I was thinking (if possible, and make it prettier, obviously) a toggle tab that shows which one it is on, and to show which it could be. So if its on the Player sheet, its all green n stuff. And NPC is purple (I think those were the colors you used)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We don't get to do cool toggle buttons like that on roll20. Well.. maybe in some super hacky way, but not the standard way. Why are your players using the npc sheet? I expect only DMs would use it. I made the buttons all follow the standard on/off color with some exceptions. I'll make sure it's visible, but it isn't meant to stand out.
Sorry, players in the general term, as in users of roll20. I wasn't sure if it was easy or not, disregard then :D
when using the NPC actions while the sheet is set to wisper them to the GM it still shows a regular empty message every time i use them.(shown above) this is using the 5th July 2015 version of the shaped sheet

Edited 1436296908
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is correct. Same issue that Greg brought up on thread 2. It cannot be changed really. I spent hours on it. It is because the break line character used to break out of the roll template ("\n") cannot be put in a conditional button and still work. It could be pre-empted by the same thing as the as the roll template, but that would prevent the macro commands from working. It's an annoying issue that I hope to fix eventually. I'm sure there is a way.
hm ok well a work around i found so it doesn't show to the other players I have seen is to put "/w gm" inside the macro output so it at least only whispers the empty section to the GM so the players don't know every time I roll an npc action.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brandon B. said: hm ok well a work around i found so it doesn't show to the other players I have seen is to put "/w gm" inside the macro output so it at least only whispers the empty section to the GM so the players don't know every time I roll an npc action. See what I wrote here: Mark said: It could be pre-empted by the same thing as the as the roll template, but that would prevent the macro commands from working. What you're doing wouldn't allow the macro part to work.
So Mark, the roll20app is finally fixed! Yay, and although the weapons are jumbled still. the spell tabs look great. Any difference between the two?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No idea, honestly. I spent like 3 hours like a week ago trying to fix it.
Mark said: No idea, honestly. I spent like 3 hours like a week ago trying to fix it. Thats very strange.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Mark, I don't know if your code already does this, but I was having problems with buttons on character sheet on mobile devices and it was solved by including .charsheet in the CSS code for the button classes. Something to try if you haven't already.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
G V. said: Mark, I don't know if your code already does this, but I was having problems with buttons on character sheet on mobile devices and it was solved by including .charsheet in the CSS code for the button classes. Something to try if you haven't already. The strange part is that it works in other areas. The exact same thing! They aren't actually buttons, they are checkboxes & spans that make a visual button. Though maybe I'll just try forcing a higher specificity. I forget if the same problem occurs on my android phone or not. If not it's difficult to test. :(
Dear Mark, I am looking for support. I am setting up my first campaign DnD5 using your char sheet and I like it very much. My current issue is that I have worked together with a player on the sheet. He did some entries, I did some. Now, when I open the sheet it shows different data then when my player does. How can I bring the two versions back together?Also, to create a 2nd char, I copied the pre-filled char sheet from another character. Somehow now the weapons on the "core" page do not refresh even when I change them in the "weapons" page. Can you help me out somehow or let me know where I can read up on it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is only 1 version. If you're seeing conflicting things after both editing I'd suggest you both refresh the browser. For weapons: Are you using old weapons? The quick weapons only use the new weapons. If you're still having issues I can look at the campaign and see. Let me know.
Thanks for the quick reply... 1) Quick weapons - I found that I had some entries in the old weapons tab, as you thought. Deleting them fixed that problem 2) Char Sheet differences - I did refresh, reload and also clear the cache. The version I see is not the version that my player created. As you say that there can be only one, I guess I have to type it all in again and hope for the best 3) I did the import of the HTML and CSS as suggested on the top of this thread but still get on some buttons of the Char Sheet the "No attribute was found for @{Skelt Dyrblydt|character_name_output}" message - anything else I can try? 4) different topic - if you need help with your German translation of the sheet, I am offering to support. Let me know if there is help required.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On mobile now so less helpful. But: 3 is likely caused by old settings. See the red note at the top. They've been revamped. You can use my api or just 're select any setting that is erroring. Yes, I'd love more support for German or any other language. The main German guy hasn't contributed much lately. It works best for me if you use github. Specifically editing the files and sending a pull request. It's super easy - you just follow the pattern. If you don't want to do that method I can do some data entry if you send me a list of any errors or additions, but I'd be much slower to do this than a pull request.
On 3) if I understand you well you mean to re-select all choice fields on the settings page. If you mean anything different, I don't know what you mean. Also, 'use my API' does not tell me much. I am not that knowledgeable yet on this. On 4) great, I will give Github a try. Will definitely help me to understand the system and javascript better. Any certain file for me to start with?

Edited 1436430730
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was brief as I was on my phone. I was trying to suggest you look at the information on the 2nd thread. 3. If you look back at the 2nd post and search for "!shaped-settings" you'll see the API section. There is also some information on my API post which is also linked in the OP. Changing your settings manually should work (assuming it is an old settings issue). If you need to do it on all NPCs then the API becomes super helpful. My apologies if this comes off as rude. The forum searching option is limited by the multiple threads and it's difficult, but me repeating myself all the time isn't a good solution either. Hopefully the Wiki can help here and I can just say "go look at the wiki" 4. Github if you didn't see the link in the OP. In general all the individual pages and components are split up so it should be very easy for you to see what to change (once you figure out the project structure of where things exist - for instance spells are on the spellbook page or under components/spellbook/spell-page.html). Let me know if you need any guidance here. Github can be a pain to figure out.

Edited 1436434531
3) No worries. I found the API scripts and will try them out tonight to see if they fix my issues. Having them on the Wiki and just state "check Wiki" would be perfect. Sorry to bother you. 4) I "forked" the roll20 char sheets and "branched" the D&D_5e_Shaped to check for the translations. If I understand you well, I will have to search the HTML file for them. Since this is not well in the browser, I have to first install GitHub on my PC and then get to it. Looking forward to making the Char Sheet even better :)

Edited 1436435011
The July 5 version no longer has current hit dice number and maximum hit dice. This will make harder to track number of hit dice used for short rests. Can that feature of the character sheet be added back please? edit: I have decided to track hit dice using class resources for now.
jbokcrusader said: The July 5 version no longer has current hit dice number and maximum hit dice. This will make harder to track number of hit dice used for short rests. Can that feature of the character sheet be added back please? edit: I have decided to track hit dice using class resources for now. There is still a hit dice section under the HP heart, you just need to click the "d?" button on there with the ? corresponding to which dice you roll (e.g. d8 for Druid, etc) or multiple buttons if you've multiclassed
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sven B. said: 4) I "forked" the roll20 char sheets and "branched" the D&D_5e_Shaped to check for the translations. If I understand you well, I will have to search the HTML file for them. Since this is not well in the browser, I have to first install GitHub on my PC and then get to it. Looking forward to making the Char Sheet even better :) I use a text editor - intellij. Sublime text works well and it's free. Both integrate with git which makes editing files easy. Liam said: jbokcrusader said: The July 5 version no longer has current hit dice number and maximum hit dice. This will make harder to track number of hit dice used for short rests. Can that feature of the character sheet be added back please? edit: I have decided to track hit dice using class resources for now. There is still a hit dice section under the HP heart, you just need to click the "d?" button on there with the ? corresponding to which dice you roll (e.g. d8 for Druid, etc) or multiple buttons if you've multiclassed Correct - I've added toggles so you don't have to see every tier of HD as most people only use one or two. I wish I could make this based off of the amount of HD, but it's not possible with roll20. So toggles are the best option.
Mark said: Sven B. said: 4) I "forked" the roll20 char sheets and "branched" the D&D_5e_Shaped to check for the translations. If I understand you well, I will have to search the HTML file for them. Since this is not well in the browser, I have to first install GitHub on my PC and then get to it. Looking forward to making the Char Sheet even better :) I use a text editor - intellij. Sublime text works well and it's free. Both integrate with git which makes editing files easy. Liam said: jbokcrusader said: The July 5 version no longer has current hit dice number and maximum hit dice. This will make harder to track number of hit dice used for short rests. Can that feature of the character sheet be added back please? edit: I have decided to track hit dice using class resources for now. There is still a hit dice section under the HP heart, you just need to click the "d?" button on there with the ? corresponding to which dice you roll (e.g. d8 for Druid, etc) or multiple buttons if you've multiclassed Correct - I've added toggles so you don't have to see every tier of HD as most people only use one or two. I wish I could make this based off of the amount of HD, but it's not possible with roll20. So toggles are the best option. Thanks for response, and good to have toggles. I like the sheet and use it for my 2 campaigns.
Not sure if this was said before, but the Weapons macros are slightly glitched. When it's set to Whisper to DM, an extra player or space is still said at the end of the weapon macro as per the image. I was testing both w/ whispers and no-whispers, but the results are there. I'm pretty sure this is because of the Macro tab. <a href="http://imgur.com/bjMac0A" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/bjMac0A</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is indeed the macro causing it. No fix that I know of for now.
Not sure if you've seen it yet Mark, but a new thread regarding the Spell Importer idea has popped up in the API forum. I've posted a possible idea for the JSON format discussed before. Thread is at <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2166728/#post-2166728" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2166728/#post-2166728</a>
Mark, Thanks for being so responsive to questions and helpful in getting us fluent in your sheet. I had another one. Is there a way to make it so that literally only the prepared spells show up in the spell book when "prepared" is toggled? As it is, if you have all the cleric spells on a sheet, the "prepared" ones are expanded to show effects and what not, but the non-prepared spells still show their names. While I understand why this is probably preferable overall, for my purposes, it'd be better to only have the prepared spells show up when I toggled "prepared." It would reduce clutter on the sheet. Basically, I'm wondering if there's a value on the .css or .html that I could change to make this happen.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Liam: I've replied there. @Brian: The way toggling works on roll20 the buttons would have to be outsde of the black box to hide it all. The only improvement that could be made is having the "prepared", "concentration", and "ritual" before the name and cast button, but it would still show the box and 3 buttons for each empty one. So it's not a simple fix for you to do, nor ideal.
Ah OK. Thanks for letting me know. That also makes me feel better about not being able to find a way to do it.
I love the fact that there is an option to halfling luck. Kinda makes me wish that the spells had elemental aptitude check box.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aki H. said: makes me wish that the spells had elemental aptitude check box. Elemental Affinity is significantly harder. Not really possible with how roll20 is setup. Elemental Affinity only applies on the first attack so spells like scorching ray would have to be all 1 macro. It won't work.

Edited 1436538389
I am using 26 May version, and can't get ranged weapons attack bonus under "Bonuses and Penalties" to work. Ranged attack seems to apply the melee bonus instead. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong? I know I should update to latest version, but my lame excuse is I modded the inventory so I have to add my mods by hand each time....
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ed B. said: I am using 26 May version A month and a half old version won't really be supported. There was likely some bug back then that had the ranged using melee bonuses issue. Hundreds of other adjustments or bug fixes since then as well. You'll have it fix it yourself if you've modded. If your mod is simple I can perhaps implement it. Or if you have forked my github version you can just pull my latest, make sure your mod on the inventory page is untouched, and then rebuild using gulp.
Mark said: On mobile now so less helpful. But: 3 is likely caused by old settings. See the red note at the top. They've been revamped. You can use my api or just 're select any setting that is erroring. Yes, I'd love more support for German or any other language. The main German guy hasn't contributed much lately. It works best for me if you use github. Specifically editing the files and sending a pull request. It's super easy - you just follow the pattern. If you don't want to do that method I can do some data entry if you send me a list of any errors or additions, but I'd be much slower to do this than a pull request. Hi Mark, When using Github to edit and send a pull request, is it ok to work on the files in the "precompiled" folder? For me it would be easier then going through the full msin html. It isnt well formatted when I open that one in my editor (sublime txt)

Edited 1436542676
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, please only work on precompiled or the scss file. Anything else will get compiled away. (Plain css and html page in the main folder) Thanks for any help provided!