Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Forking.. I didn't think of that. Duh.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ed B. said: Forking.. I didn't think of that. Duh. If your mod is good I'm sure others would appreciate it!

Edited 1436569744
One of my characters (a ranger) has a spell save dc is reporting 22 (it should be 11) when I cast a spell the dc is made up of 8 + 11 + 1 + 2. the 11 shouldn't be there as best I can tell, it only seems to be happening on the ranger, wizard and cleric are correct Update - I am using the July 5th version
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken M. said: One of my characters (a ranger) has a spell save dc is reporting 22 (it should be 11) when I cast a spell the dc is made up of 8 + 11 + 1 + 2. the 11 shouldn't be there as best I can tell, it only seems to be happening on the ranger, wizard and cleric are correct Update - I am using the July 5th version Ranger is equal to: <input type="number" name="attr_ranger_spell_dc" value="(@{base_spell_dc}+@{ranger_spell_bonus})" disabled="disabled"> <input type="hidden" name="attr_ranger_spell_bonus" value="(@{wisdom_mod}+@{PB})"> <input type="hidden" name="attr_base_spell_dc" value="(8 + (@{global_spell_dc_bonus}))"> wisdom_mod nor PB is likely broken as we'd see a lot more issues. Looks like you have 11 in your "global_spell_dc_bonus" attrribute. Check under bonuses & penalties.
Looks like you have 11 in your "global_spell_dc_bonus" attrribute. Check under bonuses & penalties. That did it, thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11th July 2015 Most of the changes are to allow for a spell importer that is in the works on my API script. Components is for the API and for cosmetic purposes. Spells now have V,S,M toggles. The old syntax will still work as well (it appears in the materials field, but it is still named the same for compatability) Added Spell Source so you can show where it's from (Example: "phb 241", "ee pc 20"). Also has a toggle. It appears in the header of the roll template. Moved "Gained from" under a toggle
jbokcrusader said: Mark said: Sven B. said: 4) I "forked" the roll20 char sheets and "branched" the D&D_5e_Shaped to check for the translations. If I understand you well, I will have to search the HTML file for them. Since this is not well in the browser, I have to first install GitHub on my PC and then get to it. Looking forward to making the Char Sheet even better :) I use a text editor - intellij. Sublime text works well and it's free. Both integrate with git which makes editing files easy. Liam said: jbokcrusader said: The July 5 version no longer has current hit dice number and maximum hit dice. This will make harder to track number of hit dice used for short rests. Can that feature of the character sheet be added back please? edit: I have decided to track hit dice using class resources for now. There is still a hit dice section under the HP heart, you just need to click the "d?" button on there with the ? corresponding to which dice you roll (e.g. d8 for Druid, etc) or multiple buttons if you've multiclassed Correct - I've added toggles so you don't have to see every tier of HD as most people only use one or two. I wish I could make this based off of the amount of HD, but it's not possible with roll20. So toggles are the best option. Thanks for response, and good to have toggles. I like the sheet and use it for my 2 campaigns. Where exactly are these "toggles" at? I just started using this sheet last week and really liked the old way of keeping track of the number of hit die total and unused.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin S. said: Where exactly are these "toggles" at? I just started using this sheet last week and really liked the old way of keeping track of the number of hit die total and unused. It's the exact same as before, except rows can be shown and hidden just like every other toggle on the sheet. In this case the d8 and d10 are toggled so those are shown. The d6 and the d12 are not toggled so they are not shown.
Mark said: Kevin S. said: Where exactly are these "toggles" at? I just started using this sheet last week and really liked the old way of keeping track of the number of hit die total and unused. It's the exact same as before, except rows can be shown and hidden just like every other toggle on the sheet. In this case the d8 and d10 are toggled so those are shown. The d6 and the d12 are not toggled so they are not shown. OK, I was looking for a check box somewhere. Did not realize you could just click on the die. Figured it would be simple, just hard to tell what you can click on to do something.

Edited 1436740001
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin S. said: hard to tell what you can click on to do something. It's the same consistent button used on the whole sheet. The colors vary for some things (page tabs, spell concentration, etc), but mostly it's the same gray/green (npc/pc, custom skill, weapons, spells, actions). If you have a suggestion for how that can be improved please do share.

Edited 1436813586
'Sheet version: 5th July 2015/5e Shaped' Trying to add extra critical damage for half orc (Savage Attacks), but inputting anything in the 'Bonus Crit Dmg' is * 0. Anyway to change the * 0? Editing because I do not want to waste anymore posts, TY!

Edited 1436812422
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Saru: Toggle the bonuses tab. That is why you see (1d10 * 0) - the 0 will be 1 if the bonuses tab is toggled. I will fix this in the code so that the crit bonus button will toggle the extra crit damage. EDIT: You can also update the sheet now and it should work properly.

Edited 1436812431
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13th July 2015 Bonus crit damage is now added via the bonus crit toggle instead of the bonuses toggle.
Now that dropdown options for roll queries are on the horizon, I had the idea of writing macros for spells with "at higher level" so that they can be cast at any level. I already have a script that adjusts the spells slots based on the spellfriendlylevel so I think I can link to that as well. Is this something that could possibly be incorporated into the sheet? If, not that is understandable, I don't mind writing some custom macros, but it would certainly be nice to be built in.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken M. said: Now that dropdown options for roll queries are on the horizon, I had the idea of writing macros for spells with "at higher level" so that they can be cast at any level. I already have a script that adjusts the spells slots based on the spellfriendlylevel so I think I can link to that as well. Is this something that could possibly be incorporated into the sheet? If, not that is understandable, I don't mind writing some custom macros, but it would certainly be nice to be built in. Definitely. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I had a pull request that one of the users was supposed to modify and then I'd accept a query based higher level system, but he never followed through. Once the drop down queries come I'll work on this. Or maybe before - depending on my motivation for the sheet. It's been a bit low lately as I've had to prep for my sessions a bit more.
If this amount of work and response time is low for you, I'll take it
I think I may have found a small bug in the Spell Slots / Spell Points toggle table. It looks like whatever figure I type in the "Current" amount of Spell Points seems to be mirrored into the "Current" number of 2nd level Spell Slots available. This change happens instantly. However, if you also change the "Max" figure for either Spell Points or 2nd level Spell Slots, although it does not mirror initially, if you close the character sheet and then reopen it, the figure mirrors over. Looking at the code, it seems both tables use the attribute name "attr_spell_slots_l2" for Current and "attr_spell_slots_l2_max" for Max. This happens on both the Core and Spellbook pages. I'm using the 5th July sheet.
Hey Mark I might be completely looking past this but what are the output options for the new weapons sections? these are still linked to the old weapon section. Melee 1-6 %{Gil|MeleeAttack1} %{Gil|MeleeAttack2} Ranged 1-6 %{Gil|RangedAttack1} %{Gil|RangedAttack2}
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They are on the wiki. Liam I'll look at it in a bit.
Hi there. I noticed that when the lucky/halfling reroll feature is toggled on spell attack rolls do not get rerolled on a 1. Is that intentional? If not I thought it might be helpful if I reported it. <3
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rhooja said: Hi there. I noticed that when the lucky/halfling reroll feature is toggled on spell attack rolls do not get rerolled on a 1. Is that intentional? If not I thought it might be helpful if I reported it. &lt;3 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2016392/#post-20" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2016392/#post-20</a>... Halfling Luck (works on everything but spell attacks) It cannot work on spells or else all spells would have to be redone.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Liam said: I think I may have found a small bug in the Spell Slots / Spell Points toggle table. It looks like whatever figure I type in the "Current" amount of Spell Points seems to be mirrored into the "Current" number of 2nd level Spell Slots available. This change happens instantly. However, if you also change the "Max" figure for either Spell Points or 2nd level Spell Slots, although it does not mirror initially, if you close the character sheet and then reopen it, the figure mirrors over. Looking at the code, it seems both tables use the attribute name "attr_spell_slots_l2" for Current and "attr_spell_slots_l2_max" for Max. This is indeed a bug. I will change spell points to "spell_points".
I have a player that is a halfling and we enabled the halfling luck option, I noticed that when it rerolls, it adds the original one to the total.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like it, but it doesn't actually. You can test by using: [[d20cs&gt;20ro&lt;19]] You will see 2 numbers, but they are not added
You know I double checked my math to be sure before posting this and now I realize that I can't math.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Math is hard sometimes. :P
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some good news: I got the gulp plugins to update to allow for line breaks in input values to not be minified down. In layman's terms this means I should be able to get rid of that extra message from "Macro" on weapons. I've been working on a PF -&gt; 5e monster converter. It's coming along really well. It does all the main stats, attacks, multiattack. I'll post it publicly soon and start refining it to try to do things like traits poison/disease riders on attack or any save attacks.
Mark said: Some good news: I got the gulp plugins to update to allow for line breaks in input values to not be minified down. In layman's terms this means I should be able to get rid of that extra message from "Macro" on weapons. I've been working on a PF -&gt; 5e monster converter. It's coming along really well. It does all the main stats, attacks, multiattack. I'll post it publicly soon and start refining it to try to do things like traits poison/disease riders on attack or any save attacks. Awesome Mark, looking forward to the next update for that. PF &gt; 5e thats cool too.
We've been playing with this character sheet for a few weeks now, and for the most part I love it. My one concern is that it doesn't accommodate the Engineer class very well. I had to add it as a custom class since it wasn't even on the sheet, and there's really nowhere quite right to put in my gadgets. I've got them under "Class Actions" right now, but as I level up I'll soon run out of room since there are only 10 spaces per page - and besides, there are only two pages of actions and four levels of gadget (trivial, simple, complex and intricate). Once I hit Level 7 and get my first complex slot, I have no clue where I can put it. I considered treating the gadgets as spells and using a spellbook, but there's no option to add a custom spellbook that ties to the custom class. If I tried to add spells to one of the Int-based spellbooks that currently exist on the sheet (such as Wizard), I'm not sure that it'll tie into my Engineer levels properly. Are there any plans to add functionality for the Engineer class? Or failing that, to allow a custom page that will accommodate gadgets better?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Engineer is not an official class. I've seen several homebrew versions of something like it. I don't plan on supporting homebrew classes - you can do so by adding a custom class. It calculates everything as expected. You have 20 class actions and can view them all at once with "show all". Is 20 not enough? I can add more if needed. For creating your own DC's you can use the wizard DC: "@{wizard_spell_dc}"
Fair enough. Although I've been playing with the spellbooks and it quite simply won't let me add spells unless I add levels in an existing spell-using class. Which then screws up all my general levels because it suddenly thinks I'm a multi-class Engineer/Wizard. You have space for custom classes (which I'm using for my Engineer's hit dice). But there seems to be no way to link such a custom class with an existing spellbook nor to make a custom spellbook. So how do people who create custom spell-using classes manage their spells? I can continue to use the Class Actions to add my gadget schematics as I learn them (although I can learn up to 40+ schematics, so after 20 I'm a bit stuck with the Class Actions space limit). But when I reach 3rd level and choose the Technomancy sub-class, I'll need to use spells - much like an Eldritch Knight or an Arcane Trickster. We've spent the last 40 minutes or so trying to figure out how to access the spellbooks using my custom class, and there really doesn't seem to be any way to activate it - without, as I said, adding arbitrary levels in Wizard (or Fighter or Rogue for the EK and AT) which then messes up my overall character level. Help?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can add spells without adding a class - there is no limiting factor there. Just click "Add" and a new spell appears! There is no way to make a custom class link to a save DC, that is correct. You'll have to use custom DCs or an equivalent class. A Wizard DC would be the exact same anyways. The Wizard spell DC is just base dc + int + PB. It isn't anything unique. I'm not understanding where you're limited there.. You just add spells if you need them. I'll add more class actions this week.

Edited 1437254727
Well, I can click on the "add" button, sure. But all it lets me add is a name. I can't put in any effects, damage, etc. Nothing. My husband is the GM and he's checked character sheets of a player who's running a cleric, and her CS opens up into all sorts of lovely detail. All I can add is a name. How do I get it to put in the spells once I become a Technomancer? If it helps, when I click the "add" button I get a pop-up that says: "Please select a valid value. The two nearest valid values are 0.07 and 0.08."
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You likely have a toggle selected. Make sure "Prepared Spells", "Ritual Spells", and "Concentration Spells" are all gray - not dark red. You should then see them all.
Oh, god, is that it? lol I was making sure they were red, since I figured grey meant inactive. You're right. I just unchecked those 3 red headings and now I can see detail. Ok, thanks. I'm going to slink off and feel like an idiot now... :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No worries. I've thought about it before. The behavior is definitely a bit weird in comparison to the other toggles. However it can't really be adjusted and still have a 1 button click.
Maybe range for ranged weapons could be divided into medium and max or something. I've just been doing 30/60 or 10/20 or whatever in the box, but it could be two boxes instead.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had it two boxes originally, but the format 5e uses is short/long. That follows the norms and is much easier to manage for UI purposes (quick weapons for example). I think 1 box is simpler and follows the 5e norms.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bad news on the macro front: I spent about 2 hours on it today. It really cannot be fixed. A line break can ONLY happen in the button itself, not on any input(checkbox or hidden). It must be with a "\n" character for the chat to recognize the ! command. The only option then is to put the output_option's "/w GM" in front of the macro, which would hide it when the macro is off and on, but then the macro does not work as a chat command requires the ! to be at the start of the line. The only way to make this work seems to be forcing users to have a line break on the first line of their macro textarea.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I think I figured out a crazy trick: Use a hidden textarea that references the main textarea. It's super dirty, but should work. I tried it with editing the DOM values in chrome and it seems to work. I'll try this in the code tomorrow.
Mark said: Ok, I think I figured out a crazy trick: Use a hidden textarea that references the main textarea. It's super dirty, but should work. I tried it with editing the DOM values in chrome and it seems to work. I'll try this in the code tomorrow. nice, be happy to test it tomorrow.
I might have missed this, but is there a way to switch from the original 5e sheet to the shaped one without losing the information?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Dustin: The changes for PCs are very simple. What changes is listed in the OP and on the Wiki. For NPCs it's much more involved and is best done via the linked API script.
Mark said: @Dustin: The changes for PCs are very simple. What changes is listed in the OP and on the Wiki. For NPCs it's much more involved and is best done via the linked API script. How's the trick coming Mark? Anything for me to test yet? also, played with the spell importer / shaped import script and it's very cool and super easy. So if you're a mentor you really need to check it out, I can't wait for the parsing on the descriptions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="http://marklenser.com/5econverter/" rel="nofollow">http://marklenser.com/5econverter/</a> is how the macro trick is going. I spent far too many hours on that today. I need to break my programming addiction for a bit..
Lmao, agreed. It's much better to have a D&D addiction!
I have a suggestion with regards to NPC with abilities that recharge. It is great that the recharge is parsed in and reported on the ability, but it would be great to have it automatically roll the recharge test when rolling the ability. So if a recharge of 6, when you press the button it will report the recharge value, then roll a recharge result. You can also use cs highlighters to quickly indicate success when a recharge is less than 6.
Kevin said: I have a suggestion with regards to NPC with abilities that recharge. It is great that the recharge is parsed in and reported on the ability, but it would be great to have it automatically roll the recharge test when rolling the ability. So if a recharge of 6, when you press the button it will report the recharge value, then roll a recharge result. You can also use cs highlighters to quickly indicate success when a recharge is less than 6. Yeah I thought about this as well, I just added a [[1d6]] in the recharge stat and it works like a champ. Then i can relaunch the ability or simply roll a 1d6 on the following rounds.
Greg, indeed a good option. I added [[1d6]] / 6 to the box so it will roll and report the number. Maybe I can figure out a way to add that to the parser...
Mark said: Ok, I think I figured out a crazy trick: Use a hidden textarea that references the main textarea. It's super dirty, but should work. I tried it with editing the DOM values in chrome and it seems to work. I'll try this in the code tomorrow. Just curious if there is a version of the sheet that has this trick to test with?