Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Edited 1437486964
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope, not created yet. On Recharges: They actually are rolled at the start of every round. Doing it when the ability is used gets out of that normal flow. Do you just reroll every other round? Inconsistent imo. Besides, not all recharges are d6. Some are 1/day or other things.
Recharges:  daily powers (like spells) tend to have different syntax from abilities that recharge abilities.  I personally roll the recharges at the start of the monster/NPC turn.  Using the existing button eliminates having multiple different buttons and if the ability doesn't recharge, then I ignore it (all of my NPC rolls are /w GM). How do you handle it?  Do you have a separate recharge macro or something that you are rolling in the case of monsters with recharge?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just roll it. "[[d6]]" for example. The script puts other recharges (1/day) in that block as well so I can't add rolling it on the sheet, but you're welcome to do so. For me it is better to have consistency and always roll it on the start of the turn instead of on the first turn scroll up and find the roll.
I was reading on a bit, and I didn't notice anything of the sort, so I have a potential bug to report here. Basically, you know how tokens can have the bars toggled above them, and you can set those bars to be specific values, such as a PC or NPC's HP? With this sheet, I've had all of my PC's and NPC's HP values set to their respective tokens, and they're all used as representations of those characters. Previously, whenever you changed the HP values on the token, it would change from the Current HP on the character sheet, and vice versa. This feature is extremely helpful, as I'm sure you would imagine. The last time we played was Sunday, the 19th. Now, my problem here is that today I've noticed that when using this method of changing the HP of PCs/NPCs, the token's bar values and the Current HP value on their sheets don't change at simultaneously, like they did before. Is anyone else experiencing this, or  is it a bug that I can fix? Hopefully this is descriptive enough, it's kind of hard to explain what my problem is here.
Daniel R. said: I was reading on a bit, and I didn't notice anything of the sort, so I have a potential bug to report here. Basically, you know how tokens can have the bars toggled above them, and you can set those bars to be specific values, such as a PC or NPC's HP? With this sheet, I've had all of my PC's and NPC's HP values set to their respective tokens, and they're all used as representations of those characters. Previously, whenever you changed the HP values on the token, it would change from the Current HP on the character sheet, and vice versa. This feature is extremely helpful, as I'm sure you would imagine. The last time we played was Sunday, the 19th. Now, my problem here is that today I've noticed that when using this method of changing the HP of PCs/NPCs, the token's bar values and the Current HP value on their sheets don't change at simultaneously, like they did before. Is anyone else experiencing this, or  is it a bug that I can fix? Hopefully this is descriptive enough, it's kind of hard to explain what my problem is here. I just tested it and it's working for my PCs.  My NPCs are all get random hp assigned to them and it doesn't alter the basic sheet (which I'm happy about).
I know exactly what you mean. You should probably note which version of the sheet you are using in case debug is needed. Then I would try to re-link the sheet to the tokens via&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a> I am not sure this will work nor do I have any ideas after that but try it and let us know whether it resolves the issue. Make sure to note HP value before doing this in case it resets. Does anyone know if it resets? H
Brian said: I just tested it and it's working for my PCs. &nbsp;My NPCs are all get random hp assigned to them and it doesn't alter the basic sheet (which I'm happy about). I just restarted my game. It's working for the PCs now, but not the NPCs.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just tested this on a NPC and it does reduce the HP on the character sheet. I have the token's hp field linked to "HP".
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
22nd July 2015 Weapon & Action Macro no longer outputs a blank line. (It cannot be toggled off - though it never could be)
Mark said: 22nd July 2015 Weapon & Action Macro no longer outputs a blank line. (It cannot be toggled off - though it never could be) Mark, I pulled down the latest (sheet does show 22nd July 2015 date), but when whispering NPC actions it still outputs a blank line. &nbsp;Maybe I misunderstood, but was the above note meant to address this?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Blah, I think I failed in my short test. Ugh. No ideas how to solve this. Maybe it's time to strip out the macro functionality.
I can only provide my opinion, I am sure others feel differently. &nbsp;I can see the benefit of the macro functionality, but in the cases where it is essential a custom macro can always be made, so I am for removing it to resolve this problem (which has no other solution).
Kevin said: I can only provide my opinion, I am sure others feel differently. &nbsp;I can see the benefit of the macro functionality, but in the cases where it is essential a custom macro can always be made, so I am for removing it to resolve this problem (which has no other solution). +1 on this.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll wait a bit longer for comments before I move forward with that, but if my most active users don't need the functionality then it's not worth the effort to try to solve it if it is likely unsolvable.
Sorry, not sure of the proposal. You are proposing to remove the functionality to whisper attack macros to the GM for NPC sheets? all sheets? or proposing to remove the attack macro capability all together (i.e. not allow custom macros for attacks)? Of all of these, I do not use a one but want to make sure it is clear for others who may have input. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm proposing dropping the ability to attach a macro to a weapon or action. It's nice, but causes problems with whispering for example and it can be done in other ways. It also kills auto ammo, which is sad, but I don't use that either.
Mark said: I'm proposing dropping the ability to attach a macro to a weapon or action. It's nice, but causes problems with whispering for example and it can be done in other ways. It also kills auto ammo, which is sad, but I don't use that either. I am okay with this. I directly call the weapons macro from the journal to reduce the macro bar title and add a few things afterwards. Hopefully we can get the wiki to the point where it has all that is needed to replicate the macro if needed for more customization. One day... H
For what it is worth, I have never used the macro functionality and don't mind writing custom macros when needed.
Also for what its worth, using the new drop down queries for spells is wonderful, but it may be very difficult to set up on a conditional basis (not all spells need it)
It looks like the Max spell slots are not linked between the core page and spells page, but the current spell slots are linked. 7-14 sheet.

Edited 1437680102
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MysterX said: It looks like the Max spell slots are not linked between the core page and spells page, but the current spell slots are linked. 7-14 sheet. Max fields don't seem to work across pages. I tested this the other day. It's unfortunate. If you could open a bug I'd appreciate it.

Edited 1437818209
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
23rd July 2015 Initiative bonus can now text instead of just a number Removed warning about settings changes Made a new toggle for PC/NPC. The animation is super smooth outside of roll20, but in roll20 it is super laggy. I'll try to massage it more later. EDIT: Lag is due to roll20 manipulating the DOM on checkbox changes. I'll open a bug about it and the max fields unless someone else is kind enough to do the max fields bug by tomorrow. If you edit out the "name" field of the input via the inspector you can see the buttery animation.
Mark said: &nbsp;I'll open a bug about it and the max fields unless someone else is kind enough to do the max fields bug by tomorrow. I went ahead and submitted one for the max field issue, if you can elaborate with any more technical details, please do.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2221650/character-sheet-bug-max-fields-cant-be-linked/?pageforid=2221650#post-2221650" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2221650/character-sheet-bug-max-fields-cant-be-linked/?pageforid=2221650#post-2221650</a>
Hello, i am new to Roll20. How to update sheet version to latest in my campaign? It still show version from 14th July. Thank you.
Filip Č. said: Hello, i am new to Roll20. How to update sheet version to latest in my campaign? It still show version from 14th July. Thank you. The instructions to self-update the sheet are at the bottom of the first message in this thread. Otherwise it usually happens automatically every few weeks or so.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Filip Č. said: Hello, i am new to Roll20. How to update sheet version to latest in my campaign? It still show version from 14th July. Thank you. As MysterX said the instructions are in the OP or on the wiki (also in the OP). There haven't been significant changes since the 14th July version.
Recently our show info for spells has stopped showing the description text of the spell in the chat. I have been looking to see where I can fix this. Could you point me in the right direction please?
Ed N. said: Recently our show info for spells has stopped showing the description text of the spell in the chat. I have been looking to see where I can fix this. Could you point me in the right direction please? I have noticed this as well
Can you provide a screenshot of a spell and how it is configured in the spellbook? &nbsp;Also are you casting the "Info" or the "Cast" button?

Edited 1437742808
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I did remove description from info while writing the spell importer. I can change that, but I want to understand the desired behavior here. Should "cast" use attack, heal, etc while "info" just shows the full description? Both would show the spell header.

Edited 1437818196
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
24th July 2015 Changed spell slots/points toggle to the same slider used on PC/NPC. Still unsure about the colors Considering changing many other toggles - like custom skill. In that case I might put the thing being toggled (Ex: "Custom Skills") where the "..." currently is and putting a green check to the left and gray x to the right. Still unsure.
I just set up my character with your character sheet. I really like it but there is one thing that I haven't been able to figure out yet. Some of my spells are area attacks, but it seems to only let me target one token with the abilities. Is there something that I am missing to enable multiple targets?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're referring to the setting to target an opponents AC: Roll20's target feature can only target one creature. It only works on Attacks - which wouldn't be useful for AoE spells as they are all saves I believe. If you have some kind of attack against multiple targets it makes sense to roll it multiple times, against each of their ACs.
I guess i phrased it wrong. They are saves, but when i cast the spell it only lets me select one target for the save. So i guess i have to cast the spell one time for each target then?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saves do not target, only attacks vs AC use roll20's target feature. The only reason you should be getting a "select a target" popup is if you have that feature turned on and use a spell with an attack. So maybe your save spell has attack toggled? Otherwise saves do not use this feature.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
25th July 2015 Changed Custom Skills to the slider. Removed Macro from weapons and actions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark said: I want to understand the desired behavior here. Should "cast" use attack, heal, etc while "info" just shows the full description? Both would show the spell header. Still waiting on info here. Let me know what the desired behavior is.
For me I want cast to do whatever I tick it to do, and info to show everything. &nbsp;So if we're first using the spell we might include the description then later on we'd take it off the cast button, and if we ever forgot or need to check we can hit the full info button. Or for things that require multiple casting a turn like magic missile or scorching ray cast info first then cast cast with just the damage and attack for each of the rays or missiles.&nbsp;

Edited 1437843616
Mark said: Saves do not target, only attacks vs AC use roll20's target feature. The only reason you should be getting a "select a target" popup is if you have that feature turned on and use a spell with an attack. So maybe your save spell has attack toggled? Otherwise saves do not use this feature. I'm not sure if I have the "select a target" feature turned on. but even with my rituals that have no attack toggled, only description, it still asks for a target.&nbsp; Edit: I did have it turned on, turning it off fixed it. i'll probably just leave it off.
Saving throws that are generated from the character sheet are adding a d4 to the calculation. &nbsp;Is this a bug or a button I can disable? &nbsp;Thanks!
Mark said: Mark said: I want to understand the desired behavior here. Should "cast" use attack, heal, etc while "info" just shows the full description? Both would show the spell header. Still waiting on info here. Let me know what the desired behavior is. Sounds good! Also, do you plan on introducing a button to toggle components and materials display in the header on / off for spells? Personally I think the header is getting a bit large with - in my case - 3 lines.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Barry said: Saving throws that are generated from the character sheet are adding a d4 to the calculation. &nbsp;Is this a bug or a button I can disable? &nbsp;Thanks! Check bonuses and penalties.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Snizzle said: Also, do you plan on introducing a button to toggle components and materials display in the header on / off for spells? Personally I think the header is getting a bit large with - in my case - 3 lines. 3 lines sounds right - look at the spells themselves - 4+ lines of header info. Components could not be toggled easily. I plan on moving target down to the body now that I've been working on the spell importer and it is quite long in many cases.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Eeeek! I've only just come back to this thread. I use the macro feature for every single attack/weapon on every character sheet both PC and NPC :-( I use it to call Aaron's mark script so I can put a marker on the token that is being attacked. Is there a way round to keep this feature/work around this for my use case?

Edited 1437904229
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Create another macro to mark. Sorry - I really tried to make it work, but I cannot make macro be toggled in only some cases. I easily spent 10+ hours on this alone. I think it bodes poorly for my dream of having monster effects whispered to the GM as well. We'll see.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Damn you democratic feature development! &lt;Wanders away grumbling quietly&gt; Thanks for trying so hard to make it work. I mainly use token buttons for abilities to call the sheet attacks anyway, I guess I'll have to move all my mark calls into those instead.
Lucian H. said: Damn you democratic feature development! &lt;Wanders away grumbling quietly&gt; Thanks for trying so hard to make it work. I mainly use token buttons for abilities to call the sheet attacks anyway, I guess I'll have to move all my mark calls into those instead. Not sure exactly what the mark script is but if it is the same thing again and again, all you need is one more token ability macro. For each of your token ability attacks just add a call to the mark macro. This should get the job done, yes?&nbsp;
Mark said: Barry said: Saving throws that are generated from the character sheet are adding a d4 to the calculation. &nbsp;Is this a bug or a button I can disable? &nbsp;Thanks! Check bonuses and penalties. All of the "Bonuses" are zero and yet it continues to add a d4 to all saves. Any other suggestion?
I found the issue thanks to Mark's help. &nbsp;One last issue. When saves are rolled off the the same character sheet, this is printed:&nbsp; "No attribute was found for @{Randal Dundragon|character_name_output}", even though the save now generates properly. &nbsp;Any tips about what is happening here? Thanks again!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Barry said: All of the "Bonuses" are zero and yet it continues to add a d4 to all saves. Any other suggestion? Can you post a screenshot of the save DC when you hover it? I'll need to see it up close so please make sure it's detailed enough. Barry said: I found the issue thanks to Mark's help. &nbsp;One last issue. When saves are rolled off the the same character sheet, this is printed:&nbsp; "No attribute was found for @{Randal Dundragon|character_name_output}", even though the save now generates properly. &nbsp;Any tips about what is happening here? Thanks again! Try re-adding the spell. I found some weird behavior with old code lasting on older spells.