Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I'll have to make some changes for spells. Spell save DC will just use str/dex/con/int/wis/cha instead of bard/cleric/druid - as that's all those really are. I will leave the old values and list them as depreciated. Target/Aoe split into 2 different fields. They now show in the spell template body. Info will now always show the description and higher level fields Added an emote that will always show the character's name. Example: emote is "sends out a wave of thunderous force, which can be heard 300 feet away". Output would be "Raistlin sends out a wave of thunderous force, which can be heard 300 feet away" Saving throw now has an additional field - save failure to store what happens when the creature fails a save. As a result I have to create a BREAKING CHANGE for the toggle of save. All old toggles will be lost (just retoggle). Added Secondary damage for spells like Ice storm. As a result I have to create a BREAKING CHANGE for the toggle of damage. All old toggles will be lost (just retoggle). As a result of the additional of secondary damage I have to create a BREAKING CHANGE for the toggle of crit. All old toggles will be lost (just retoggle). All of the old values should likely work, but the new functionality will not work without retoggling. I will likely beak the other toggles while I'm at it so that I can alter them in the future without having to worry about breaking changes there. They would also still work as is, but visually they'll have to be retoggled. I'm making some good progress with my spell importer and should likely be done by the end of this next week. I'm having one of my players help me. I'll likely wait until the importer is done to push these changes.
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I noticed that with the new drag to roll feature, when using a spell that doesn't require any dice rolls you are still prompted to drag and roll when casting from the sheet. No dice value is displayed in the spell info in the chat log. I'm not sure if the sheet prompts a dice roll for all spells and only displays the values that are highlighted? Or is this an issue with the dice roller? Either way it is a bit misleading for the players, rolling pointless dice on an effect spell, and it slows up the game a bit. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll have to be more specific. Where are the dice rolling? Are these random 3D dice? Is this a result displayed by the roll template in the chat? You could perhaps try re-adding the spell, but I can't think of any changes to spellcasting lately - these bugs aren't supposed to happen for another few days!!
How can I use "auto ammo"? I think I entered everything, but Its not counting down..
Mark said: Mark said: I want to understand the desired behavior here. Should "cast" use attack, heal, etc while "info" just shows the full description? Both would show the spell header. Still waiting on info here. Let me know what the desired behavior is. I like having the full description in the cast button, but it is nice for me to be able to tell my player to hit the info button so I can read the description without them casting the spell (I have a script that decrements their spell slots, so hitting cast is not desired)
Mark said: You'll have to be more specific. Where are the dice rolling? Are these random 3D dice? Is this a result displayed by the roll template in the chat? You could perhaps try re-adding the spell, but I can't think of any changes to spellcasting lately - these bugs aren't supposed to happen for another few days!! I have noticed a d20 being rolled when my player casts magic missile, even though no attack roll is needed.  maybe that is what is going on?

Edited 1438105259
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Keren said: How can I use "auto ammo"? I think I entered everything, but Its not counting down.. You must be a "Pro" and have the 5e script installed, otherwise it doesn't do anything. Ken M. said: I like having the full description in the cast button, but it is nice for me to be able to tell my player to hit the info button so I can read the description without them casting the spell (I have a script that decrements their spell slots, so hitting cast is not desired) I'm keeping the option to show the full description on "Cast" - nothing will change there. I'm just trying to determine what the behavior of "Info" is - which seems to be header + description + higher level Ken M. said: I have noticed a d20 being rolled when my player casts magic missile, even though no attack roll is needed.  maybe that is what is going on? Can you take a screenshot of the spell and the results (hover the roll)?
It is doing this in my game too. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/lwMdplB.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/lwMdplB.jpg</a> Nothing to mouse over there, I don't think. It rolled that D20 when I cast mage armor. Also: 1. how do I delete weapons? a player created one by mistake and I can't find a delete button. 2. is it possible to copy spells from spellbook to spellbook? we have a cleric and a paladin and it would save a ton of data entry.

Edited 1438004087
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, so it is 3D dice. Did this just start happening recently, or has it been happening for a while? The spell page was altered on July 11th to add V, S, M as toggles and materials as its own input. Source was added as well. Some reordering, but no added d20s or changes in how that happened July 2nd Adjusted TargetAC. No additional d20s rolled. July 1st Merged the show option and toggles.&nbsp;Maybe attack adv is the one that is rolling? June 20th Added attacks vs TargetAC. No additional d20s rolled. Hmm, more formatting enteries, but I can't see any changes. I'll turn on 3D dice and test. EDIT: It does indeed come from attack adv. I'll clean that up when I commit my changes later this week. I'll just break all toggles so that they can be altered in the future without any breaks 2. Since you're a "Pro" you can use my spell importer. It's part of my 5e scripts. The basics are done now - the damage, heal, attack, save, etc should be done in a week or so.
It seems that someone beat me to a response on this. Basically when I cast a spell from the sheet, with no attack roll, a random d20 (3D dice) is rolled. I noticed it because with the newest update it is now prompting for a drag to roll dice, so I'm not sure how long it has been going on. Like I said it seems that someone already cleared up what I was trying to say so again, thanks for the input and quick response. The sheet is awesome and makes gameplay amazingly streamlined.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yup, I understand the issue. I'll fix it in my spell update sometime late this week or early next week.
Is there a way to rename macros created directly from the sheet? Currently they're extremely long and take up a lot of real estate on the macro bar. Also, is there a way to view the code of those macros to facilitate in creating new ones?
Kaelev said: Is there a way to rename macros created directly from the sheet? Currently they're extremely long and take up a lot of real estate on the macro bar. Also, is there a way to view the code of those macros to facilitate in creating new ones? We are working on the wiki for dissecting macro parts. But for now it does have the actual attack macro names. I would suggest you create token abilities that call these macros and add them to the bar instead of the ones from the sheet, which I agree are incredibly long. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Agreed - you can just create token macros or plain macros that reference the rolls. They are mostly documented on the wiki. Looking at the code - you can right click & inspect element to see the code of the button.

Edited 1438142476
Firstly, I want to thank you enormously, Mark, for the hard and great work that you're doing for all the community. I use the roll20 platform plus your sheet for both my online and on-table games. You've truly shaped my way to play D&D. It never was so great! I want to contribute a little bit too, concerning the spell page. Well, I noticed that the way the filters work is expand the spell description and its details while all the ignored spells are contracted to a single line. Wouldnt be nice if the filters hid all the information off the unselected spells, even the lines with its names, if there were a tiny&nbsp; button to expand or contract each one when needed, and if the "Info" and "Cast" buttons where keeped even with the spell contracted ? This way we would have on display only the prepared spells - with concentration or not - and/or rituals and we would cast them or send their info from a single line. Same for cantrips , removing from there the unnecessary buttons, like "Prepared spells", "Concentration spells" "Ritual spells", and their equivalent mark on each spell. Or there are cantrips at least with concentration property? Would be more clean and objective. What do you think? Is it possible to do that? Greetings from Brazil and sorry for my poorly flexionated English, Google Translate helped me a lot, hehe... :-] Thanks very much. You're awesome, man.

Edited 1438142523
Mark said: [...] Added Secondary damage for spells like Ice storm. As a result I have to&nbsp;create a BREAKING CHANGE for the toggle of damage.&nbsp; [...] Ice Knife from EE too. Mtfck excepctions. -_- :P

Edited 1438157470
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The buttons technically and for user experience have to stay shown - For example if I have the prepared toggle selected and a spell I want to see isn't showing up I'd have to de-select the prepared toggle to see it and then click the prepared button for that spell. Besides, if the "Cast" and "Info" button stay then the line cannot get any smaller vertically so we'd be saving so space by removing the name and buttons. Cantrips do indeed have concentration (True Strike), but not ritual and prepared. I should remove those - though it's a bit hard programatically.
Thank you Mark for creating a beautiful Sheet, my group uses it (at least the ones we can get to use it), I have a question, Could a tab for animal companions/familiars be added? I currently have a 2nd sheet for my beast companion, but since you don't "need" class ability to gain a "pet" I could see a pet tab being handy. Just an idea I had while swapping from PC to Companion.

Edited 1438179483
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback Joshua! Storing pet data on a tab would be a lot of bloat. You're basically asking for another character sheet within the character sheet. Plus you want your familiar/companion to have its own sheet so the token can link AC/HP and all that jazz. Just set the sheet to NPC and you can do whatever you want with it.
yeah I am managing, was just wondering if it was feasible.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Even beyond the feasibility I don't understand why you'd want to. If an animal companion has attacks they'd belong under the Traits & Actions section for a NPC. And you'd want to be able to link them to the token. It's a creature, why not treat it like all creatures and have it use its own character sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DO NOT PULL THE LATEST SHEET I am currently revamping how spells are toggled. Going quite well. Splitting out damage to be attack damage, save damage, and auto damage (for smite spells). All 3 will have normal damage and secondary damage. They will have the bonuses like weapons do. Crit range will work like weapons and halfling lucky will now work on spells. It looks like no data will be lost besides the toggles, but we'll see in the end.
I wanted to make a suggestion I thought of while at work. Ull try to implement it myself if I can. I was thinking of creating a status variable similar to how you did your class one. How you can tick a box and they produce a message from it. Except to do this for statuses. For example if you are poisoned you just change state to poisoned, now everytime you roll a stat/skill relevant to the status it will give a reminder or indicator to the effect. So when they are doing saving throws. It will remind them they are poisoned and have disadv by appending it similar to the class actions checkboxes. --poor English due to using a phone.

Edited 1438334281
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A condition thing like that exists for Pathfinder. I have it on my TODO. The issue is determining what it applies to. I'll be tackling that after spells & traits. (nearly done with spells)

Edited 1438371484
Looking forward to the Spell Parser, what do you think about incorporating the new Drop Down menu for those spells that can be elevated to a higher level for additional damage/healing or effects? Cure Wounds:&nbsp;[[?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}d8]]
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Higher level should likely be a query that is only triggered when "higher level" is toggled. I'll work on that as well before the parser is complete.
Mark said: Higher level should likely be a query that is only triggered when "higher level" is toggled. I'll work on that as well before the parser is complete. Correct, my thoughts exactly. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Added the ability to show a query for higher level - it works on all damage spells. I may try to make it work for the range or other targets, but probably not. In those cases it's likely easier to just show the higher level message. I'll try to play with it.
Hello i would like to ask if there is a way to add a macro or a die roll to the class action section ?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You add it as normal. Referencing roll macros is on the wiki. Rolling dice is easy: [[1d6]]
yes but when you use the class action it just shows it in the description as text instead of the roll ( like that /roll 1d6)

Edited 1438470838
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll templates require online rolls like I put above.
ok thank you
Mark said: Roll templates require online rolls like I put above. We have not got the class tab info on the wiki yet but we should make sure to include this tidbit.&nbsp; H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Has anyone tried the new spells? My group tried them this weekend and they worked nicely. The only issue we had was that players had their sheet popped out and didn't see the higher level query prompt on the main screen.
Mark said: Has anyone tried the new spells? My group tried them this weekend and they worked nicely. The only issue we had was that players had their sheet popped out and didn't see the higher level query prompt on the main screen. Are the parsing info now included? I didn't see any updates that you finished, only that you were working on it. If so I will give it a try for sure.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have completed the Roll Template section of the wiki. Please take a look and correct for any errors or orthographic issues. Feel free to make changes on your own if you find either of those. This was quite a learning experience for me but hopefully I have grasped the concepts and reported them correctly. I hope you find it useful. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg B. said: Are the parsing info now included? I didn't see any updates that you finished, only that you were working on it. If so I will give it a try for sure. It's not finished - I have ~120 left to verify, but most of the lower level ones have been verified and can be used. HLazar said: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have completed the Roll Template section of the wiki. Please take a look and correct for any errors or orthographic issues. Feel free to make changes on your own if you find either of those. This was quite a learning experience for me but hopefully I have grasped the concepts and reported them correctly. I hope you find it useful. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... H Rut roah. I've made several changed to the roll template over the last week. I'm a bit concerned how to manage code changes and wiki changes as wikis are only as valuable as they are accurate. Should I let you know things have changed? Should I expect you to watch commit messages? Any way that I can be of assistance here please let me know. For instance the spells now use action fields and much of the spell stuff is being depreciated (will be removed eventually). This applies to about 1/2-3/4 of the spell fields I really appreciate what you have there. On a short skim it looks great. I'll be sure to add the wiki to the links at the bottom of the sheet.
Hi. Would it be possible to have spells cast automatically deduct the number of spells you have left? The same with using hit dice and the likes?&nbsp; Also, would it be possible to have a "short rest" and "long rest" button, and be able to map those buttons to different behaviours (such as restoring spell slots and hit dice)? Thanks in advance! You are doing a great job!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That cannot be done without API which would require "Pro", sorry.
Right the new spells work. In the sense of&nbsp; Mark said: Has anyone tried the new spells? My group tried them this weekend and they worked nicely. The only issue we had was that players had their sheet popped out and didn't see the higher level query prompt on the main screen. They work beautifully though the Parser you made seems to hate parsing them in and activating the relevant fields. Such as descript and etc. Though query functions etc work nicely. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Description is never toggled as all the factors of it are parsed into either the other parts or effects. Higher level is toggled only if there is no higher level query. Are there any other issues?
Mark said: Rut roah. I've made several changed to the roll template over the last week. I'm a bit concerned how to manage code changes and wiki changes as wikis are only as valuable as they are accurate. Should I let you know things have changed? Should I expect you to watch commit messages? Any way that I can be of assistance here please let me know. For instance the spells now use action fields and much of the spell stuff is being depreciated (will be removed eventually). This applies to about 1/2-3/4 of the spell fields I really appreciate what you have there. On a short skim it looks great. I'll be sure to add the wiki to the links at the bottom of the sheet. No problem. The key was getting the information organized and presented in an appropriate manner. It is not an issue to remove or add fields.&nbsp; To do this, I did pull the html from github but I did that on Friday and did not look back. Please tell me what to look for and I will track changes. For example, I am not sure what commit messages are. H

Edited 1438631728
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... should help. It shows all my commits. Each commit shows exactly what was changed. You can click through the files. Anything not under precompiled can be ignored (meaning the compiled HTML and css). Scss isn't really relevant to the wiki besides for how the UI looks. So just HTML files is what you care about. You can see green and red highlights - red means removed, green means added. So if you looked at it on friday you'd have to check the last 3 days.&nbsp;Though it's hard for even me to track it all exactly. On the roll template anything between &lt;!-- REMOVE BELOW THIS POINT --&gt; &lt;!-- REMOVE UP TO THIS POINT --&gt; is depreciated.
Mark said: <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... should help. Sorry, not a programmer so still a little unclear. Can I just pull the latest html and compare the fields that were originally present and see if they are still there and then search for new ones? What I mean is, I don't have to click through all these changes right? I can just pull the latest html? I know that is probably inefficient but to me, probably the most thorough. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pulling the latest is likely easiest, ya. You can also do a diff of the latest vs what you had. Several GUIs can do this or there is&nbsp; <a href="https://www.diffchecker.com/" rel="nofollow">https://www.diffchecker.com/</a>
Mark, was pulling the latest html and I think there is one little mistake. I don't know if the caret is supposed to be there but I do not think it is. Search for {{^spell_components_somatic}}. I think the caret is supposed to be a pound sign. thanks for the diff suggestion. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The caret is correct. It means NOT. So the inner part only shows if there are no somatic components. That one is messy, but that's the best I can do with roll20's system.
Mark said: The caret is correct. It means NOT. So the inner part only shows if there are no somatic components. That one is messy, but that's the best I can do with roll20's system. Oh, thanks for the explanation. Glad it is correct. And no worries. It does not have to be elegant. H