Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Hey Mark,  would it be possible to have the spellfriendlylevel attribute of the spells with the higher level query reflect the chosen spell level?  The spellfriendlylevel is the attribute that my auto spell slot decrementer script keys off of.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would be ideal if spellfriendlylevel adjusted to the higher query, however I'm not sure that'll be possible without always querying. I can look into it.
Mark said: This is how it imported for me. Make sure you have the latest sheet (10th Aug) and the latest script (1.91). If you have any further issues with the script please put them in that thread. Ok, definitely my stuff then, i shall search for the issue. Thanks Mark.

Edited 1439318897
Hello, We use this sheet in my campaign and love it.  Two questions: My PCs are level 5.  Their rolls seem to reflect a Proficiency Bonus of +2 (when you hover over the roll, it is stat bonus +2 + 0); I believe, per core rules, it is supposed to be +3 at Level 5.  I've checked character level at the top of the sheet -- it shows as 5.  One of my PCs gets an extra +3 every time he rolls Init.  Mouseover shows +3 (his stat bonus) +3 (the "extra" bonus) +0.  I've checked the Settings at the bottom of the sheet, and Initiative Bonus is set to 0.   Neither of these are huge problems, as we are doing the additional math ourselves, but I'm wondering if we have corrupt sheets.  We converted to the Shaped sheet from your first generation 5E sheet several months ago.  Any idea what's going on? Thanks for the help!

Edited 1439318907
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 11th 2015 fixed global spell bonus damage - higher level stuff broke it. I've put in a pull request for this.
Mark said: It would be ideal if spellfriendlylevel adjusted to the higher query, however I'm not sure that'll be possible without always querying. I can look into it. Thank you, I have made custom macros for the time being.  I understand the complication, I hope it works out.  Maybe another attribute that is only present if the Query toggle is checked,  I don't mind keying off another attribute for my script if that makes it easier for you.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael M. said: We use this sheet in my campaign and love it.  Two questions: My PCs are level 5.  Their rolls seem to reflect a Proficiency Bonus of +2 (when you hover over the roll, it is stat bonus +2 + 0); I believe, per core rules, it is supposed to be +3 at Level 5.  I've checked character level at the top of the sheet -- it shows as 5.  One of my PCs gets an extra +3 every time he rolls Init.  Mouseover shows +3 (his stat bonus) +3 (the "extra" bonus) +0.  I've checked the Settings at the bottom of the sheet, and Initiative Bonus is set to 0.   Neither of these are huge problems, as we are doing the additional math ourselves, but I'm wondering if we have corrupt sheets.  We converted to the Shaped sheet from your first generation 5E sheet several months ago.  Any idea what's going on? Thanks for the help! I've tested with a level 5 PC. The Proficiency Bonus on the core page lists as 5. When using a melee weapon (new or old weapons) it shows +3. I believe you may be looking at the wrong bonus. On the Attack it goes in this order: d20 roll, ability bonus (str/dex), proficiency, and then the rest. Initiative: Labeling is bad here as well. Firstly is d20, then (dex mod + initiative bonus + jack of all trades), then tie breaker, then ability/check bonus. I assume you're either forgetting jack of all trades or something else is off.
Mark, Thanks!  I certainly might be reading it wrong somehow.  Attack rolls:  The PCs are Level 5.  One roll looks like this (Dex 18 ranged attack):  "Rolling d20cs>20 + 4 +2 +0 + (0) = (17)+4+2+0+(0)+(0).  Result shown:  23.  Another, Eldritch Blast, also has the +2 in the same place.  From what you say above, that looks like the spot for the Prof bonus.  Initiative:  The PC (Warlock) is Level 5 and has a 16 Dex.  His Init roll looks like:  "Rolling d20 + (3 + 3 + 0) + 0 + (0) = (3) + (3+ 3 +0)+0+(0)".  Result shown:  9.  By contrast, another PC rolled at the same time, also with a 16 dex, and it looked like:  "Rolling d20 + (3 + 0 + 0) + 0 + (0) = (11) + (3+ 0 +0)+0+(0)", Result shown:  14.  I've checked, and Jack of All Trades is not checked for either PC.  I do know that before conversion, my PCs were confused by the Initiative Bonus blank and had been entering their dex bonus in manually; since the +3 is the same as the Dex bonus, it reminds me of that problem. Thanks for the help! Mike
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike, can you invite me to your campaign? I'd like to take a look. if you have a 3 on initiative then there is definitely a bonus on the setting page. The Proficiency bonus should be 3, maybe they have a spare attribute named "PB" on their attributes page?

Edited 1439344183
In the spellbook, what do "Higher lvl query", "higher lvl dice" and "higher lvl die" do? If I want to add a spell that increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th,11th,17th level, what do I write? And, is there a way to add spells from the spellbook to the token bar?
The spells on all my sheets across two games seem to be broken as of today. They get about 9 errors similar to "No attribute was found for @{Vigretor Gladdomen|spellshowgainedfrom}", when casting the spell, and no dice are rolled. New spells I put in work, but I'd really rather not need to go through and redo all the spells across two games. Is there some way I can revert to the old version from a couple weeks ago, or is there some way to save these spells right now?
Are you using macros for these spells? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Yadira: Higher level is meant for normal spells. For cantrips which automatically scale and don't use a higher slot. To make them auto scale I use this formula: "((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)d8" in the damage field. Now if you're looking to make a fireball scale when used at a higher level first toggle "higher level query" and then in "higher level dice" put 1 and "higher level die" put d6. Dice is the number, die is the size. So if you use fireball at 4th level it'll add a d6. @TacoSundae: The only necesary changes should be the toggles and the damage. Ideally you only have to retoggle "attack", "dmg", etc and re-enter the damage. Can you try that? I know repeating sections act horrible sometimes so hopefully it isn't too bad. Please let me know which fields are erroring after you re-toggle. I could try to put in some legacy references to the new toggles, but my changes wouldn't hit live for a week most likely.
Really because all the spells in my game are now broken... grr
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark said: @TacoSundae: The only necesary changes should be the toggles and the damage. Ideally you only have to retoggle "attack", "dmg", etc and re-enter the damage. Can you try that? I know repeating sections act horrible sometimes so hopefully it isn't too bad. Please let me know which fields are erroring after you re-toggle. I could try to put in some legacy references to the new toggles, but my changes wouldn't hit live for a week most likely. Brandon read above please. Does it work if you retoggle? If you can help me debug that would be helpful.

Edited 1439385941
ok.. checking Here is what I get in my chat bar trying any spell.    No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowdesc} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowhigherlvl} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowattack} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowattackadv} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowsavethrow} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowhealing} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshowdamage} No attribute was found for @{Cosmodian|spellshoweffects} Cosmodian (GM):Inflict woundsLevel 1 • Necromancy • touchV action • instantTarget 1 creature Most spells are missing all the damage info and even when I reenter all of the info they show that error and no damage or heal info appears
I sent you a link to my campaign also.  I hope that helps.  I need to get to work.
I did retoggle and reenter the stuff that disappeared. It gives the errors brandon is showing, no matter what is toggled or not.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Brandon: I was unsure which character sheet to use, but I tested several spells Sam: Magic Missile (works fine as long as you re-add the damage) Guiding Bolt (works fine as long as you re-add the damage) Melf's Acid Arrow (works fine as long as you re-add the damage) Barnabas Grigor: Cure wounds (works fine as long as you re-toggle the healing) Lesser restoration (works fine as long as you re-toggle the effects) Cosmodian: Light, Sacred Flame, Spare the dying all work Level 1 spells don't work: Healing Word, Bless, Shield of Faith, War Priest Strike, Inflict Wounds, Guiding Bolt Level 2 spells work: Prayer of Healing, Silence, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness/Zone of Truth level 1 spells seem to have an old version of "@{spellcastmacrooptions}": @{spellshowinfoblock} @{spellshowdesc} @{spellshowhigherlvl} @{spellshowattack} @{spellshowattackadv} @{spellshowsavethrow} @{spellshowhealing} @{spellshowdamage} @{spellshoweffects} vs the new version on your cantrips/level 2 spells: @{spell_toggle_description} @{spell_toggle_higher_lvl} @{spell_toggle_emote} @{spell_toggle_attack} @{spell_toggle_attack_damage} @{spell_toggle_attack_second_damage} @{spell_toggle_attack_crit} @{spell_toggle_save} @{spell_toggle_save_damage} @{spell_toggle_bonuses} @{spell_toggle_healing} @{spell_toggle_effects} @{spell_toggle_source} @{spell_toggle_gained_from} If you re-add a level 1 spell then it works. No idea why this is.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've created a bug to inform roll20 of this issue:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2294083/hidden-f" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2294083/hidden-f</a>... I will also rename the hidden variable to force the repeating section to update it, hopefully (unless the reference to that hidden variable doesn't update as well). I will release this late tonight, but it likely won't go live until next week.
Mark said: @Yadira: Higher level is meant for normal spells. For cantrips which automatically scale and don't use a higher slot. To make them .... Of course I discover this after I made my own macros for the spells XD Well, at least I learned how to use the query and I used it for the divine smite too. Thanks for all the work you put on this sheet, it's great :) And thanks for the formula! A suggestion. Could you add a subheader or a note somewhere in the output that says what slot was used? Right now I'm writing "**Slot lvl&nbsp;?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} used**" in the "Higher levels" textbox, but it could be cool if it did it automatically :)

Edited 1439391612
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Yadira: You're welcome for the formula. :) Ken suggested the same above for displaying the level that the spell is cast at. The problem is I use the toggle for math. I can definitely have a hidden variable for Ken, but I'm not sure that I can sometimes show the level in the roll template due to using the toggle for math. @Ken: I would suggest you check "@{higher_level_query}" to see if it's value is not 0 (hopefully the API can check the value of a query). If it isn't use that as the level. Otherwise use spellfriendly.
Mark, Thanks for offering to take a look!&nbsp; I sent you the game invite by PM. Mike
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike, let me know when you guys are done playing so I can test it.

Edited 1439398267
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed Mike's issues - Initiative was due to the character representing the wrong sheet. Level was hardcoded on attributes which messed up PB. If anyone has issues with the spells where some work and some do not can you please post&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2294083/hidden-f" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2294083/hidden-f</a>... and invite steve to your campaign and detail which spells work and which are broken. Thanks.
Mark -- thanks again for fixing our character sheets!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Super nice of you to go out of your way to figure out the problem. Not sure how values got "hard-coded" or sheets linked -- I'm not even sure how to do that! -- and we never would have figured out how to fix it on our own.&nbsp; Really appreciate it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Mike, glad I could help! August 12th 2015 Renamed spell macro options to force it to update for some users which it wasn't updating for. Added alt damage to weapons
Mark said: Ken suggested the same above for displaying the level that the spell is cast at. The problem is I use the toggle for math. I can definitely have a hidden variable for Ken, but I'm not sure that I can sometimes show the level in the roll template due to using the toggle for math. @Ken: I would suggest you check "@{higher_level_query}" to see if it's value is not 0 (hopefully the API can check the value of a query). If it isn't use that as the level. Otherwise use spellfriendly. I will give it a shot, my concern is on spells that aren't practically affected in the sheet macros (like sleep or bless, or hold person) I need the query to run if the higher level query toggle is checked regardless of whether or not there is an additional effect in the macro. &nbsp;Does that make sense? &nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I understand - you'd handle it as I said above. If&nbsp;"@{higher_level_query}" isn't undefined/0 then use it. Otherwise use spellfriendlylevel.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spell fix:&nbsp; My fix has been merged by roll20. You should expect it to be live within the day.

Edited 1439408661
Macros seem to be broken, I just updated to the newest HTML, CSS and script got something that looks like&nbsp; Oloaver Hawklight|repeating_weapons_melee_1_weapon Oloaver Hawklight|repeating_weapons_melee_1_weapon &nbsp;and now no macro seems to work at all The request for a target comes up and then I draw the line to roll the 3d dice and then nothing happens Edit: Hate to be a pain, but my group plays tonight and now the sheets are (as far as I can tell) broken. &nbsp;I hope I am missing something simple.

Edited 1439411431
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken: I've tested both old and new weapons. Both seem to be working for me. Please send me an invite.

Edited 1439426705
In the NPC actions, if you toggle recharge, that row appears in the output even if you leave it empty. If you fill it, the recharge row appears twice.&nbsp; And I just noticed, if I attack with "Show target's AC on attacks" activated and select a token linked to a NPC sheet, it says the AC is 1. is there a way to fix that? Is not important, I had not planned for the players to know the monster's AC, but I find it curious.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I saw that. Fixed, but won't be live for a while.

Edited 1439459903
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New feature that I've been trying to make work for months: Hiding elements of a roll template to only show for the gm. I finally figured out a decent way to do it. Preview: Left side is what the GM sees. Right side is what the player sees. This is done via toggles on the settings page of each NPC and css. I will also update my settings script to allow these to all be changed at once. To make this work the GM will have to use a browser extension such as Stylish. A player could circumvent this by using the same method, but at least it's an option for GMs who trust their players. I'm going to update NPCs to match some of the things I did for spells. For example AoE, save failure, etc. I'll change the importer match and the old way will continue to work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yadira said: And I just noticed, if I attack with "Show target's AC on attacks" activated and select a token linked to a NPC sheet, it says the AC is 1. is there a way to fix that? Is not important, I had not planned for the players to know the monster's AC, but I find it curious. Just noticed your edit. I see the AC of the target listed correctly. Make sure the token is linked to the journal and the character sheet has an AC. I don't use it either, but some do.
Mark, I'm exploring this sheet. Congratulations on some great work. The settings tab that allows you to whisper rolls to GM is very cool. Is there a way to create a setting that whispers rolls only to yourself? During character creation, and before games, folks often like to test macros or check rolls. This roll testing can be irritating to players and the GM, but it is fun and an important part of game preparation for some players--especially those who are new to Roll20. If there is a way to add that "whisper self" or "test roll" function to the sheet, I think it has lots of value.
I rechecked and found the problem. The npcs had an Atribute "ac" with value 1, for some reason. Maybe left over from an old version. I deleted that attribute and now it displays the correct AC :) (Should've checked that before posting here, my bad) One question, if I want my custom weapon macros to ask for a target if I activate that option in the character sheet, what do I need to add?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"{{targetAC=@{attacks_vs_target_ac}}}" Personally I don't quite see the need for custom weapon macros - the sheet can handle anything that I know of. And if it can't then I'd like to know about it so I can implement it.

Edited 1439477076
I use custom macros for two reasons: -&nbsp;Versatile weapons could be made with the "secondary damage" option but it doesn't add the stat bonus to the second damage, so you'd have to write it yourself (1d8+2) and remember to update it if necessary. And that way you see the two damages, and it's frustrating to say you'll drop your shield and use your sword two-handed and then see that the damage one-handed roller higher... It's personal preference, but I like to use the new drop-down queary to ask if using with one or two hands. - And the other is thrown weapons. I have a ranger that has the ranged fighting style that gives bonus to ranged attacks, so the attack bonus with a dagger is different if thrown than if used in melee ;) I can have two macros in the token bar for each version of the weapons, but I prefer just to have one button for each weapon, with options. But that's just me. Having all the necessary buttons in the token bar is a must for me because I live in a country with really bad bandwidth, when there are a lot of players opening the character sheet takes forever. But there's a limit of how much stuff you can put there and not get confused. So 2 buttons for each weapon if they are versatile or thrown is too much. (And I like figuring out how to do stuff, even if I'll end up using your sheet's macros, which are great :) )
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Versatile: This should be handled by Alt which I recently added to weapons. Though it doesn't add stat and bonus damage - I'll fix that tonight. Only seeing one would be nice, but imo roll queries for things like that slow the game down too much. A toggle on the sheet would be nice. Thrown: If you're talking about the Archery Fighting Style then that does not apply on thrown weapons. It only applies to ranged weapons. A thrown weapon is a melee weapon. See&nbsp; <a href="http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/19/dagger-archery" rel="nofollow">http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/19/dagger-archery</a>... and&nbsp; <a href="http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/20/ranged-and-thr" rel="nofollow">http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/20/ranged-and-thr</a>... That said the sheet doesn't handle bonuses to thrown weapons only. Luckily no such magic items exist by RAW though.

Edited 1439477799
duh, I read it as giving a bonus to ranged attacks, not to ranged weapons. See, at least I found out something useful ;)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 13th 2015 hide GM info settings and styling This will look like&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2297447/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2297447/</a> To use this you must select the hide settings at the bottom of the settings page (or use the script to do it for all NPCs). You then must have this css code setup on stylish: .sheet-gm-info-block, .sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault .sheet-gm-info-block { display: block; } .sheet-gm-info-inline-block, .sheet-rolltemplate-5eDefault .sheet-gm-info-inline-block { display: inline-block; }
Mark said: Versatile: This should be handled by Alt which I recently added to weapons. Though it doesn't add stat and bonus damage - I'll fix that tonight. Only seeing one would be nice, but imo roll queries for things like that slow the game down too much. A toggle on the sheet would be nice. There's no alternative damage on the weapons in the PC sheet, just dmg and secondary.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yadira said: There's no alternative damage on the weapons in the PC sheet, just dmg and secondary. If you were "Pro" there is. ;) It'll be live within a week most likely. I fixed it to show the bonuses on the alt damage now as well.
Chris said: Mark, I'm exploring this sheet. Congratulations on some great work. The settings tab that allows you to whisper rolls to GM is very cool. Is there a way to create a setting that whispers rolls only to yourself? During character creation, and before games, folks often like to test macros or check rolls. This roll testing can be irritating to players and the GM, but it is fun and an important part of game preparation for some players--especially those who are new to Roll20. If there is a way to add that "whisper self" or "test roll" function to the sheet, I think it has lots of value. Chris, teach your players the talk to self command. You can even create a macro and it will toggle. I use this all the time to check output without getting it sent to everyone. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Chat_Commands" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Chat_Commands</a> Despite what it says, /talktomyself will toggle it on and off. H
Mark, in the 10th August version of the sheet, I see the Armor text cut off in the tab listing. I did not see any other version updates addressing this. Maybe I am the only one seeing this or it is fixed and you did not mention it? I can not get to more recent versions. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The armor button is indeed full size on the latest. I'm not sure how roll20 made that version live.

Edited 1439499378
ETA: nvm, is just one character that only has a couple of spells. I'll just rewrite them Little detail, something must have changed recently with the spells. The old spells output the components twice: With V and S on: V, S V,S. If I add M:&nbsp;V, S, M (V,S). If I remove all the components: V,S. The spell I just added works fine. It's weird because it was working just fine yesterday and I'm not Pro, so I don't think my sheet has been updated since the 10th, right?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Post a screenshot. I assume you have V/S/M toggles and also written out in the components as it used to be handled.