Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

It's just one character, the rest work ok, even those with spellbooks I filled several days before. &nbsp;All of that character's spells do the same (both Info and Cast) except of new ones. I don't recall writing the components, but maybe that's the issue This is the spell in the spellbook:&nbsp; <a href="http://snag.gy/lKTxV.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://snag.gy/lKTxV.jpg</a> And this is the output, the second one is what happens when I toggle the M: &nbsp; It's not important, I'll just rewrite the spells.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you send me an invite?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed it.&nbsp;You just had to toggle material and then clear the old components field. I could've done it other ways, but that would be backwards incompatible and would break spells if people didn't update. This way if people update they have to clear the old stuff.
Thanks !! I could've sworn that I checked that, but I guess I'm just too sleep deprived right now XD
Please note, I'm not a script writing nor a sheet creator.&nbsp; I understand 'very little' of these topics.&nbsp; I know enough to redirect a script to a different field but I'm at a loss on this one. I'm working on converting over my existing campaign from the old 5e sheet to the shaped sheet.&nbsp; I'm not using, nor plan on using, any Import script because it is simply faster for me to work directly from my physical books to enter stats instead of typing an entire stat block out from scratch, and then importing using a script. I'm trying to use the 5e Monster Hit Dice script and the 5e Shaped sheet.&nbsp; In another thread, it was noted that entering the hit dice into the "Hit Dice Notes" field would work.&nbsp; However, there is no such field in the current Shaped sheet, and it doesn't look like the Sheet nor the script have been updated to take this into account.

Edited 1439538841
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are resources that have the monster statblocks already online - pdf or others. No one types it out manually. Importing is significantly faster, but your choice. Are you referring to Aaron's 5e monsters hit dice? He dropped support for hd note and uses the Hd rows I believe. I remember seeing a post about that. I use that the rows on my script so he note was dropped from the sheet (any old cases still exist in the attributes and will work, but I just don't display it on the sheet). EDIT:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1963079/script-r" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1963079/script-r</a>... is the post I was referring to. I was mistaken that he still uses the HD note field, just adds constitution to it. Which wouldn't work with how the importer (and JF's importer) worked historically. So HD_note can still be stored in the attributes and used with his script, though&nbsp;I'd suggest you use my script which rolls from the HD rows.
Hello Mark. With the new 'higher level query' function of your spell sheet, is it possible to also output (for the DMs peace of mind) what level the player chose to cast the spell as?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Discussed several times above - I have not figured out a way of doing so on a toggle.

Edited 1439572496
Xiphias said: Hello Mark. With the new 'higher level query' function of your spell sheet, is it possible to also output (for the DMs peace of mind) what level the player chose to cast the spell as? What I do is I add this line on the Effects box:&nbsp;**Slot lvl used: ?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}** (In macros, when you repeat the query with the same name and options, it only queries once and outputs the same value). It's not pretty, but works. (if you see my post at the top of this page, you'll see an example of how it looks, but in spanish :P )

Edited 1439573134
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're going to reference it directly you can use "?{Spell Level}" without the numbers. You can also use "{{spell_cast_as_level=?{Spell Level}}}" in your own query - that makes it appear in the correct place. I'm really trying to implement it to work with the toggle. I'll likely have to add a second toggle to show the correct level. If I can't come up with a better solution I'll use that. I'll definitely fix it this weekend on the github sheet and would expect it to go live mid next week.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 14th 2015 output higher level query level to the roll template Second toggle is added to the sheet and script on import.
Mark, I just tested out the August 14th changes, all in all they look good and work good on the roll template, however the spellbook tab ends up being a bit overlapped and "scrunched up" looking. &nbsp;See the following screenshot: If you look at the description and higher level they look like the overlap. Thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pull the latest and this is fixed.
Great, thank you again, testing it shortly.
Works perfectly and looks great, thanks again!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI doing a large refactoring of the CSS for tabs. I will remove the old roll template values for the now depreciated old spells in a week or so. This should only affect people with custom spell macros.

Edited 1439591776
The sheet is becoming almost perfect. Great work, Mark. However, the query isn't working for me, all it does is roll the amount of dice set, multiplying it the by 0 ,&nbsp;without question me at which level the spell was casted. Have I missed a reply? Do I need to be pro and have the script thing to make it work? And when you have crit enabled on a spell, I noticed, assuming 1dx for the main damage, secondary and higher level ones, that SIX&nbsp; 3D damage dice are always rolled, even if you toggle off higher level query. I supose that is one crit damage die for each core damage die: the primary one, the secondary one and the higher level one. I noticed too that when you attack with a weapon using the new table only the 3D damage die is rolled. The attack die only appears if you toggle off the damage section.&nbsp;But I do really loved the "hidden feature" for advantage/disadvantage and crit damage &nbsp; 3D dice,&nbsp; in which the rightmost result is the relationated one with the animated attack die and only the core damage dice will show off. It makes weapon attack rolls very clean and objective, without a bunch of dice being rolled all over the screen without specification. Could it be implemented on spells attacks too? It would clean and objectify spell attacks a LOT, with 3D dice enabled of course.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You do not need to be Pro. You do however have to have " Higher Level Query" toggled as well as "Output" underneath that (once it goes live). In your case it looks like "Higher Level Query" is not toggled if you are not getting prompted with a select. Looking at crit I see that it does not include the higher level damage. I need to fix that. 3D dice... uhhhhh ya crit always rolls alt and secondary dice, but multiplies them by 0 if they are toggled off (I believe). It is the same way on weapons. I can look into fixing this, but it may be a pain to fix. 3D on weapon: Is this different from the old weapons? I would expect them to behave the same. I expect that the attack is rolling and the damage is rolling which removed the attack dice. Is there a way to fix that? I don't think so... maybe. I don't know what you mean about weapons being clean and spells not being clean - they are very similar code. Can you please elaborate on what is going wrong with spells, but works on weapons? I don't use 3D dice. I'll try to support them, but if I'm honest they are a lesser priority than making the sheet work. Though please continue to provide feedback and I'll do my best to support them.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 15th 2015 Massive refactoring to all the toggle/tab buttons. They are all setup the same way now and have consistent padding. I have verified all the pages and I believe everything is still working
Ramon Ribeiro said: I noticed too that when you attack with a weapon using the new table only the 3D damage die is rolled. The attack die only appears if you toggle off the damage section.&nbsp;But I do really loved the "hidden feature" for advantage/disadvantage and crit damage &nbsp; 3D dice,&nbsp; in which the rightmost result is the relationated one with the animated attack die and only the core damage dice will show off. It makes weapon attack rolls very clean and objective, without a bunch of dice being rolled all over the screen without specification. Could it be implemented on spells attacks too? It would clean and objectify spell attacks a LOT, with 3D dice enabled of course. I don't think this is a sheet effect, I think this is because of the latest roll20 update. I see this too but others in my game do not. Probably needs to be brought up as an issue (it has but only as an aside in a post or two) and vetted for browser impact. I also don't use 3D dice so it was not a big deal for me either. H
Sorry if i've missed this, but is there a quick and easy way to make token actions like the imported NPC's have?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Init, Save, Check, Skill? My script has a command. Select all the tokens you want it on and then run "!shaped-token-macro --bootstrap". Instead of bootstrap you can also do "init" for init or "query" for the queries.

Edited 1439639939
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 15th 2015 (2nd) Massive refactoring of the HTML structure for sheet-row stuff. Lots of changes. I've checked the whole UI and it all looks good, but I may have missed some things If anyone is up for it I'd appreciate it if you could poke around on the sheet and ensure that nothing is broken after the last 2 major refactorings. Literally every page was touched.
Many thanks for the sheet, Mark. I just wanted to let you know that I am currently unable to set a custom DC for my spells, which can be seen here: I am also having some trouble with ranged weapons not decreasing the amount of ammunition that they have after each attack. Whenever a roll is made ("Ammo" and "Auto" are both enabled) it just keeps outputting X-1 as the result, with X being the starting amount of ammo.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Custom is depreciated and will eventually be removed. I'll ensure that those fields cannot be selected (they are only there so spells that have previously been made still work). You should toggle "Bonuses" on, select no stat for "Save DC Stat" and then change the "+DC" field to whatever DC you want. Side Note: "save condition" is meant for things like "if target is a creature". Though I don't support skills in save DCs, so I guess that works. Side Note 2: Illusions should use an investigation save, not an insight.
Mark said: Custom is depreciated and will eventually be removed. I'll ensure that those fields cannot be selected (they are only there so spells that have previously been made still work). You should toggle "Bonuses" on, select no stat for "Save DC Stat" and then change the "+DC" field to whatever DC you want. Side Note: "save condition" is meant for things like "if target is a creature". Though I don't support skills in save DCs, so I guess that works. Side Note 2: Illusions should use an investigation save, not an insight. Toggling "Bonuses" and going from there worked like a charm. Regarding your notes, a player of mine grabbed a copy of "The (not really) Complete Tome of Spells" and saw the spell. Figured I'd rather let him use things from that one instead of outright refusing it. Going to be running my first campaign soon, so I have many things to learn. Here's the spell, for those interested: Regarding my question about ammunition, it's certainly not the biggest deal in the world for it not to work, but it would be sort of neat to have automated tracking of ammunition.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ammo: I totally missed that, sorry. Ammo only works if you are a Pro user and have my script installed. 5e always uses investigation for illusions. I would suggest following that. I looked at that book and found many things like this that were not pleasing and decided to not use it because of that. If you do use it I'd suggest you fix the broken parts like this. But this isn't really relevant to the sheet discussion. :P
Mark said: Ammo: I totally missed that, sorry. Ammo only works if you are a Pro user and have my script installed. 5e always uses investigation for illusions. I would suggest following that. I looked at that book and found many things like this that were not pleasing and decided to not use it because of that. If you do use it I'd suggest you fix the broken parts like this. But this isn't really relevant to the sheet discussion. :P Yes, by bad for derailing it. I just wanted to bring it into light. Regarding ammo, that clears things up. I might go Pro at a later stage, depending on how many games and campaigns me and my fellow rollers decide to use. Cheers for the swift help and, again, many thanks for these sheets, as they are awesome.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tiriniz said: Cheers for the swift help and, again, many thanks for these sheets, as they are awesome. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 15th 2015 (3rd) Misc fixes from refactoring Removed separate damage for the second crit. Both crits (normal and adv/dis) now show the same damage if both show.
Thanks Mark. The Init, Save, Check and Skill token actions are great! What is the best way to make token actions for attacks or spells like the NPC's have? Are these not possible because of the repeatable fields Roll20 issue? Also, if I'm running a game as a Pro member, would my players get the auto ammo feature, or would they have to be Pro as well, to use it? What other functions of your sheet require the Pro use of your script?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells are repeating and cannot be referenced. Plz upvote&nbsp; Official support for repeating sections in character sheets . (I should really have this permenantly in my clipboard) Weapons I suggest you just use them as token macros for now "%{NAME|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}" for example. You could use&nbsp; Benson's weapons and class actions chat macros , though I'll likely implement them in the sheet soon.
Hi Mark, I noticed that the sheet is not adding any bonuses or proficiencies to Custom Skills. It's a flat d20 roll, no matter proficiency or attribute.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Chris: I have just now fixed this in the latest, but it won't be live for non Pro users until mid next week.
Mark said: Spells are repeating and cannot be referenced. Plz upvote&nbsp; Official support for repeating sections in character sheets . (I should really have this permenantly in my clipboard) Weapons I suggest you just use them as token macros for now "%{NAME|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}" for example. You could use&nbsp; Benson's weapons and class actions chat macros , though I'll likely implement them in the sheet soon. See I tried this previously. They just flat out didnt work for me? I installed all at once. Popped the menu. Still nothing. EDIT: ANNNND nevermind. They work now randomly. Well they are great! It was the last piece I was looking for but are they officially supported? Seems more like an exploit of the system similar to TokeNotes overflooding of bar3?
"%{NAME|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}" worked great for me after I plugged the characters name in the "NAME" spot. Thanks again Mark, exactly what I needed. I also up voted repeating sections, would be great if we could get that one pushed through.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 16th 2015 CSS Cleanup August 17th 2015 Moved speed up to the header. Styled jack of all trades to be a button Fixed ammo in roll template for new weapons
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Added the following message to the sheet: If your spell templates shows red text then they will not work ~Aug 25th. Please create macros based on the new spells. Questions on forum thread.

Edited 1439847220
Hello, I noticed a small mistake in the higher spell slot dice roll for the secondary attack : there is a "}" that is hiding after the number of dice. Many thanks for the sheet, really good job :) Edit : I don't know what change, but I have another bug now : I believe that bug is related to a update that occurs in the last 4h because I didn't have that problem until I reloaded my campaign 10min ago.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alzam, it seems you have a version that isn't the live nor my live code version - can you specify the date on the sheet?

Edited 1439850182
The date is 12th august. I'm running one campaign as gm and playing as a player on another one (the gm is a pro member), same date release and same problem. I believe that I need to update manually something ? I don't understand how the second bug occur then...

Edited 1439850485
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If the GM is a pro he should update. Many changes in the last 5 days. I didn't think these changes hit live, but if they did they are resolved once the latest pull request goes through.
Ok, I'm gonna wait for now, we are not gonna play before one week anyway. Thanks for your help :)
Can anyone help me with my macro? It worked before the update but now it's showing a bunch of duplicate information and it looks really ugly. The code: &{template:5eDefault}{{action=1}}{{title=Azlyn's Multi-Attack}}{{subheader=Longsword}}{{subheaderright=Trident}}{{subheader2=5'}}{{subheaderright2=5'}}{{multiattack=1}}{{mattack1=[[d20+6]]}}{{mattack1adv=[[d20+6]]}}{{mdamage1=[[1d8+2]]}}{{mcritdamage1=[[1d8]]}}{{mattack2=[[d20+6]]}}{{mattack2adv=[[d20+6]]}}{{mdamage2=[[1d8+2]]}}{{mcritdamage2=[[1d8]]}}{{mattack3=[[d20+6]]}}{{mattack3adv=[[d20+6]]}}{{mdamage3=[[1d6+2]]}}{{mcritdamage3=[[1d6]]}} The result: As you can see, the proper information and formatting is there on the bottom, but all the information is duplicated and displayed line by line above it. I'm not sure how to fix this. Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Justin I changed the way variables are output by removing classactionoutput. I forgot to check multiattack as I don't use it. This will be fixed in the next build (hopefully very soon)
Glad to hear it, thanks!

Edited 1439933537
I'm curious, if you don't use Multi-attack, how do you handle multiple attack rolls in one action? I have a few spells with multiple attacks and as a fighter, my main attack is a multi-attack. Is there another way I can work these into a single macro? I'd love to have an alternative to use until it's fixed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've posted about it a few times - I make an attack for each attack just as 5e does it. I do not think multiattack is particularly good for the following reasons: Reactions like shield could be used advantageously if you can see all of the attacks. Same with other reactions like Defensive Duelist You may redirect lower hitting attacks after you see the rolls The target may die on the first attack and then you have to choose a new target which may bias you You may want to move in between attacks - maybe something happened and now the situation changed You're a fighter with 3 attacks? Go ahead and take the attack action and make 3 individual attacks imo.
Oh. That get's pretty spammy. I'd rather not spam the chat box with three extra banners and boxes when I can do it in one. Especially with 8 characters in our group. Oh well, suppose I'll just wait for multi-attack to get fixed. Thanks!

Edited 1439963846
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Best of both worlds? &amp;{template:5eDefault} {{action=1}} {{title=Azlyn's Multi-Attack}} {{subheader=Longsword}} {{subheaderright=Trident }} {{subheader2=5'}} {{subheaderright2=5'}} {{attack=[[d20+6]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20+6]]}} {{action_damage=[[1d8+2]]}} {{can_crit=1}} {{action_crit_damage=[[1d8]]}} {{action_crit_damage_adv=[[1d8]]}} {{freetext=[``⚔``](!&amp;#13;&amp;amp;#13;&amp;&amp;#123;template&amp;#58;5eDefault&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;action=1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;attack=&amp;#91;[d20+6]&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;attackadv=&amp;#91;[d20+6]&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;action_damage=&amp;#91;[1d8+2]&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;can_crit=1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;action_crit_damage=&amp;#91;[1d8]&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;action_crit_damage_adv=&amp;#91;[1d8]&amp;#93;&amp;#125;&amp;#125; &amp;#123;&amp;#123;freetext=[&amp;#96;&amp;#96;♆&amp;#96;&amp;#96;](!&amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;amp;#13;&amp;amp;&amp;amp;#123;template&amp;amp;#58;5eDefault&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;action=1&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;attack=&amp;amp;#91;[d20+6]&amp;amp;#93;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;attackadv=&amp;amp;#91;[d20+6]&amp;amp;#93;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;action_damage=&amp;amp;#91;[1d6+2]&amp;amp;#93;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;can_crit=1&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;action_crit_damage=&amp;amp;#91;[1d6]&amp;amp;#93;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; &amp;amp;#123;&amp;amp;#123;action_crit_damage_adv=&amp;amp;#91;[1d6]&amp;amp;#93;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125;&amp;#41; &amp;#125;&amp;#125;)}}