Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

That's pretty incredible Silvyre. I have no idea how it works, I'll have to dissect it later, but it definately works. Thank you! Very cool.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You're welcome. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Edited 1439972837
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Best of both worlds? &{template:5eDefault} {{action=1}} {{title=Azlyn's Multi-Attack}} {{subheader=Longsword}} {{subheaderright=Trident }} {{subheader2=5'}} {{subheaderright2=5'}} {{attack=[[d20+6]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20+6]]}} {{action_damage=[[1d8+2]]}} {{can_crit=1}} {{action_crit_damage=[[1d8]]}} {{action_crit_damage_adv=[[1d8]]}} {{freetext=[``⚔``](! 
&{template:5eDefault} {{action=1}} {{attack=[[d20+6]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20+6]]}} {{action_damage=[[1d8+2]]}} {{can_crit=1}} {{action_crit_damage=[[1d8]]}} {{action_crit_damage_adv=[[1d8]]}} {{freetext=[``♆``](!

&{template:5eDefault} {{action=1}} {{attack=[[d20+6]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20+6]]}} {{action_damage=[[1d6+2]]}} {{can_crit=1}} {{action_crit_damage=[[1d6]]}} {{action_crit_damage_adv=[[1d6]]}}) }})}} This is quite fantastic! I'll have to look into integrating this into the sheet. Side note: As mentioned earlier action_damage_adv is removed once the next update goes live - it'll just use the normal action_damage. It won't break, but it'd just be unnecessary to add it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 19th 2015 Added casting time toggle. You can now toggle spells based on their casting time. Spells default to "1 action", but can be changed to "1 reaction", "1 bonus action", "1 minute" or "longer" which allows for any input. The roll template will always show the new value. The old value will be shown for a time (with a red error to tell you to fix it), but it will be removed soon.
I'm setting up some monsters and I noticed that recharge displays twice.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As discussed on page 6 recharge does indeed output twice. It is fixed in the latest build, but it looks like roll20 isn't putting that out this week. :(
I may be missing something incredibly obvious here, but I noticed a minor thing with the query macros. This may be how they are intended to work and I misinterpreted. %{NAME|save_query_macro} If I have a character by the name of Bill, then it should be: %{Bill|save_query_macro} However, it is telling me: You attempted to use a roll command looking for the value of a selected token, but no tokens are selected. Am I misunderstanding the code, or do I perhaps have something incorrectly configured?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you are using the roll20 default you must have a token selected. Since you are a Pro user you can update to the latest and this issue is gone.
Perfect, thank you.
@Kryx, I had mentioned in another post about how myself and my players were finding that the shaped sheet "wasn't particularly responsive", so I I'll expand on my experience here, as you requested. Specifically, we were finding that entering data into the sheet felt laggy.  Data would be entered, and there would be a hesitation between keypresses and the information showing up in the text box. This seemed to be universal among the five of us, using a different mix of OS's, browsers, and internet connections. That was really the only issue that we found, but when we experimentally switched over to the default 5e sheet, that hesitation seemed to disappear. The sheet looks great, and we all agreed that we would use it if that lag, or hesitation, wasn't present, but there was enough of one for the majority of us to think that we had done something wrong. I'm not sure what the issue was. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Rob.

Edited 1440075877
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Rob: That's very strange. How long ago did you experience this? Does it still happen on the latest version? Does this happen on a fresh character, or only after it has been filled with other attributes? Does it only happen on some fields, or all fields? For instance if I create a fresh character right now and type into the class, race, name, or any other field in the header there is no lag. Do you experience something different? I've never seen it or heard of it, but maybe there is something going on.
dont know if its known, but custom skills no longer include stat-boni and proficiency to their rolls. they only roll d20 - and thats not helpful
Kryx said: If you are using the roll20 default you must have a token selected. Since you are a Pro user you can update to the latest and this issue is gone. I just upgrade to Pro.  How do I update to the latest version?
Kaelev said: I just upgrade to Pro.&nbsp; How do I update to the latest version? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_Sheet#Update_Instructions" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_Sheet#Update_Instructions</a>

Edited 1440090721
Nevermind, I figured it out. I did notice something when casting a spell.&nbsp; If you have Action selected but 1 Action or any other texted is entered into Longer even if it's not selected, the text in Longer will appear in red in the header box.&nbsp; Just have to remember to delete it Also, one minor thing, and this could be my OCD kicking in LOL, but the A in 1 Action outputs as "1 action" (not capitalized).&nbsp; Just an aesthetics thing.&nbsp; :)

Edited 1440092798
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's what the documentation says, yup. :) Kaelev said: I did notice something when casting a spell. If you have Action selected but 1 Action or any other texted is entered into Longer even if it's not selected, the text in Longer will appear in red in the header box. Just have to remember to delete it Also, one minor thing, and this could be my OCD kicking in LOL, but the A in 1 Action outputs as "1 action" (not capitalized). Just an aesthetics thing. :) The text contained in "Longer" is purposefully displayed to allow it to keep working while it is in a depreciated state. I've marked it red and will replace it within a few weeks, but I need to allow time for people to change their spells over before I remove it. "1 action" is how it appears in the book. Where do you see "1 A ction"? &nbsp;In the very most recent build I ensured that "Action" was lowercase.

Edited 1440092645
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Keren said: dont know if its known, but custom skills no longer include stat-boni and proficiency to their rolls. they only roll d20 - and thats not helpful This was discussed above. It is fixed in the latest whenever that goes live.
Kryx said: That's what the documentation says, yup. :) "1 action" is how it appears in the book. Where do you see "1 Action"? &nbsp;In the very most recent build I ensured that "Action" was lowercase. Sorry, I must have missed that. This is where the lowercase A appears.&nbsp; That's with Action selected for the spell.&nbsp; Like I said, it's just an aesthetics thing. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Where is the uppercase A? The toggle group has a lowercase a. The book uses lowercase for "1 action", "1 reaction", "1 bonus action", etc so that's what I'll use as well. Also see my edit above about the text in "Longer" showing. It should be gone once you remove it though.
Kryx said: Where is the uppercase A? The toggle group has a lowercase a. The book uses lowercase for "1 action", "1 reaction", "1 bonus action", etc so that's what I'll use as well. Also see my edit above about the text in "Longer" showing. It should be gone once you remove it though. Yeah, I removed it.&nbsp; I see what you're saying.&nbsp; You're adding it exactly how it appears in the book.&nbsp; Cool.
Falcon
Pro
Sheet Author
Dude - I love all the updates but the changes are killing me. Can you point me to the latest API so I can fix my spells - I of the data has disappeared and now I have to change them FOR ALL of my NPC and PCs.

Edited 1440141406
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The data shouldn't be gone. Just retoggle the things you want such as attack, save, etc. The spell importer script is linked in the OP.
The only spell data that was wiped that I've noticed is the damage, but that can be easily fixed anyway. The new spells are pretty snazzy though, I really like them.

Edited 1440175049
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Daniel R. said: The only spell data that was wiped that I've noticed is the damage, but that can be easily fixed anyway. The new spells are pretty snazzy though, I really like them. Ya, you're right - spell damage was split between attack and save and the old one lost. I'll make a note of that. I'm glad you like it. You'll see that casting time is updated as well in the next update. :) Also the pull request just went through . Typically that means the sheet is updated within 24 hrs, but I've never seen roll20 do that on a Friday. We'll see.
In the Spell section, what does the Higher Lvl Heal Amount field represent? &nbsp;I apologize, but I cannot find the answer anywhere.

Edited 1440203293
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stu said: In the Spell section, what does the Higher Lvl Heal Amount field represent? &nbsp;I apologize, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. It is a flat value added at each higher level. The spell Heal is the only example that I know of.
Kryx said: Stu said: In the Spell section, what does the Higher Lvl Heal Amount field represent? &nbsp;I apologize, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. It is a flat value added at each higher level. The spell Heal is the only example that I know of. additionally a Life domain cleric gets an additional 1 HP healed per level of the spell it's like 2+ spell level for life domain&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Milo Tealeaf said: additionally a Life domain cleric gets an additional 1 HP healed per level of the spell it's like 2+ spell level for life domain&nbsp; This makes me consider that I do not have the ability to alter all heals. So: August 22nd 2015 Added global bonus for spell healing

Edited 1440270426
Hi, I apologize if this was addressed previously, I looked and couldn't find it. I'm updating spells to the new format (I'm on the default Roll20 Aug 12th version) and the spell components on the cantrips are outputting twice - once from the new toggle buttons and once from the old (now inaccessible) components field. For level 1 and higher spells, the old component values are now in the "Materials" field so they can be deleted and don't output twice, but you can't delete the old cantrip components because there is no such field visible, though the output still seems to be accessing that field. If this is something that has been addressed since the version I'm using I'll just wait for the default sheet to update but just thought I'd let you know. *EDIT* I figured it out.... The material field only pops uf if the "M" button is toggled on. False alarm.

Edited 1440270373
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The components are not unaccessible: Once you toggle material they are shown. That field is the same one used for components before. It's done this way for the same reason as casting time: to allow people to swap over without it breaking. Changes on roll20 unfortunately are not able to be handled better. :( Cantrips have it in the same place - I'm able to remove them on the Aug 12th version. Keep in mind on the most recent version casting duration is also updated in a similar fashion with the old value under "Longer" while the new values expect you to toggle the appropriate casting time. I expected roll20 to update this last week, but they didn't. :(
Thanks. One other thing I'm noticing is that some of my cantrips get condensed when I toggle the prepared button on the spellbook. Not sure why.

Edited 1440275006
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Danny said: Thanks. One other thing I'm noticing is that some of my cantrips get condensed when I toggle the prepared button on the spellbook. Not sure why. I removed prepared on cantrips a long time ago as they are always prepared. You have 2 options if you previously had them set as unprepared: Remake the spell Open up the inspector and show the button and toggle it on. For #2: aim at concentration when opening the inspector. Look up a few lines for &lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_spellisprepared" class="sheet-toggle-spells-prep-con-rit-prepared sheet-hidden" checked="checked"&gt; In the CSS inspector turn off opacity on .charsheet input[class^=sheet-toggle-]&nbsp;{ cursor:&nbsp;pointer; position:&nbsp;relative; opacity:&nbsp;0; z-index:&nbsp;9999;} And turn off Hidden on: .charsheet .sheet-hidden&nbsp;{ display:&nbsp;none!important;} Then toggle the prepared checkbox to be on. Refresh the page and it'll all return to what you expect.
Currently, my players are having issues when making attacks and saving throws from the sheets when they roll a nat 1.&nbsp; When using the macros I created, they roll properly, but some of them still like to roll from the sheet.&nbsp; For some reason, when they roll a nat 1, it's adding modifiers that don't exist.

Edited 1440276705
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like they have the Halfling Luck turned on. Check the settings page. Side note: Two weapons with 1 attack doesn't follow the rules at all and has a lot of bad consequences. Though if you want those bad consequences then go for it. Side note 2: You're showing the player name in the header, the emote, and again in the emote. 3 times seems unnecessary. ;)

Edited 1440278028
Kryx said: Looks like they have the Halfling Luck turned on. Check the settings page. Side note: Two weapons with 1 attack doesn't follow the rules at all and has a lot of bad consequences. Though if you want those bad consequences then go for it. Side note 2: You're showing the player name in the header, the emote, and again in the emote. 3 times seems unnecessary. ;) Yeah, that's not my character sheet.&nbsp; It's one of my players.&nbsp; I'll check his sheet and see.&nbsp; And yes, the redundancy is not needed.&nbsp; :) Edit: Yup, he had Halfling's Luck on for some reason (not a halfling).&nbsp; Can you explain your first side note?&nbsp; I'm still fairly new to DM'ing.
I removed prepared on cantrips a long time ago as they are always prepared. You have 2 options if you previously had them set as unprepared: Remake the spell Open up the inspector and show the button and toggle it on. Thanks. I'll just remake them since I don't want to screw up irreversibly the code somehow. It's only a minor annoyance anyway.
Kaelev said: Can you explain your first side note?&nbsp; I'm still fairly new to DM'ing. I think he is referring to the fact that you have a shortsword and a dagger in one attack macro. This will only roll for attack once. Best to put the weapons on a separate line each and hit the attack button for each once when needed. If you want to have one button, create an ability or token macro which calls both separately but as he has said in several separate posts, best to keep them as separate attacks for other reasons (such as killing the enemy or adding bonuses when you miss, etc). H
HLazar said: Kaelev said: Can you explain your first side note?&nbsp; I'm still fairly new to DM'ing. I think he is referring to the fact that you have a shortsword and a dagger in one attack macro. This will only roll for attack once. Best to put the weapons on a separate line each and hit the attack button for each once when needed. If you want to have one button, create an ability or token macro which calls both separately but as he has said in several separate posts, best to keep them as separate attacks for other reasons (such as killing the enemy or adding bonuses when you miss, etc). H Oh I see.&nbsp; Yeah, not my character sheet.&nbsp; It's one of my players.&nbsp; I'll mention it to him.&nbsp; I haven't seen him use that.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1 line is correct. What do you mean "does not work"? It seems to be working fine, you just need to pick a page.
Jason
Roll20 Production Team
I was missing something! Whoops.
Kryx, is this the red spell template text you are referring to on on the to of the sheet? (Aug 23rd, 1.93 sheet) It is showing up on all characters spells and info. Works fine, but do I need to fix anything before the ~Sep 12 deadline?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The red will be removed come sometime around Sep 12th. So you'll have to update it for all spells - at least for those that aren't actions. After Sep 12th the text under "Longer" won't show unless it's toggled so you could leave that text there if you want.
OK found it...thanks!
Kryx I read that you are working on making conditions a part of the sheet. I am absolutely in favor of this. I was wondering if you are considering making a part of the output in any roll template to remind everyone of their current status? I think this would be extremely helpful. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have considered it in the past and more lately. It would work well for some conditions, not so well for others. There are already apis that can handle conditions and even automatically remove them. I'm not sure adding them to the sheet is worth it unless I fully invest and do a script as well. That's a lot of work for something I barely use currently.
Understood. My DM does not use API so we depend on those rather pitiful icons (and our probably more pitiful memory) to indicate conditions. But alas we are probably alone in our use of the system. thanks for responding H
Kryx, just updated to Pro and loving the Spell Importer. Has helped so much with the Cleric and Druid in my group. One question, would you think about adding a Domain button next to Prepared? I know it only applies to Clerics, but currently the one in my group has to mark her Domain spells as Prepared in order to keep them shown, and obviously there can be some confusion between which spells are actually prepared and which ones are the Domain spells when having a quick glance. Thanks again for all the work you do on this sheet, no idea how you make the time for it lol

Edited 1440541856
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the kind words. I don't think there is an elegant way to consider domain spells as prepared. Clerics, land druids, paladins, and favored soul would have to deal with this... Hmmm. I can think about it for a few days, but I can't think of how to fix it with the current system. Edit: actually I can make a domain toggle on each spell to always show the spell, but that would override all filters, not just prepared... I'll have to play around with it.

Edited 1440543790
Hi there, I have a cleric player who is rolling impossible values for her Cure Wounds spell. I've looked at it and I'm not seeing anything wrong, other than the spell name seems to be printed in a dark red text... is that the red color the message at the top mentioned as something that won't work until September 12? If not, read on, I'd appreciate some help figuring out what's going on. She has 1 Cleric level set, that's her only class at this point, and Wisdom is selected as her Primary casting stat. She has a 16, so the mod should be +3. When testing, we're routinely seeing "3" as the result. The "Rolling 0d0" bit looks odd to me :) Edit, looking closer, I guess the (0-1)*1 bit is the problem. Where's the "global spell heal bonus" token defined?